(Topic ID: 222461)

Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)

By MrSanRamon

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 9,330 posts
  • 732 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 27 hours ago by Dashmonster
  • Topic is favorited by 277 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)”

• I'm in on a CE 77 votes
    9%
  • I'm in on a SE 172 votes
    21%
  • I'm in on a LE 396 votes
    48%
  • I'm out for now 182 votes
    22%

(827 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

wire switch 2 (resized).jpg
R orbit switch (resized).jpg
IMG_4951 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4943 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0464 (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
IMG_3190 (resized).jpeg
Wolfman (resized).jpg
IMG_2467 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4014 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231111_165525077 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20231112-165133 (resized).png
20231110_123120 (resized).jpg
20231105_122730 (resized).jpg
94B393B7-CB09-4AFB-A166-CF0EC7F7F9A0 (resized).jpeg
3D150F78-A1C1-4B31-A9FA-00031163D7C1 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 9,330 posts in this topic. You are on page 74 of 187.
#3651 5 years ago

Only need two more approved ratings to get MBr on top 100 list.

#3652 5 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

Software update?

I believe that would be in the Williams software, and since the original didn't have it. I doubt they could add it.

LTG : )

#3653 5 years ago
Quoted from wolftownjeff:

But it is kind of funny in a weird way.

We have a winner! @wolftownjeff, Yes, funny, in a weird way, that is exactly my vibe... off the wall, stupid, crazy, weird, always aiming to be the guy who would shout “theater!” in a crowded fire house.

#3654 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I believe that would be in the Williams software, and since the original didn't have it. I doubt they could add it.

http://thepaisleys.azurewebsites.net/PaisleyPinball/MB/how_to_add_a_real_knocker.htm
Go get it CGC!

#3655 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Same driver board as AFMR. Which has a real knocker, plugged into Knock J115.
There isn't anything plugged into your Knock J115. And it probably isn't supported in software. Since it has the audio KNOCK.

It is actually supported by software in the original games, so you could hook up a physical knocker; I imagine it would work in the remakes too

#3656 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

It is actually supported by software in the original games, so you could hook up a physical knocker; I imagine it would work in the remakes too

I was gonna say i had a real knocker in my mb

#3657 5 years ago

My youngest is really digging MBr LE! She has hounded me to play two player games with her and lost her mind when she hit Drac! Hahaha

DE6A49B5-1AEF-4424-8024-3F870756848B (resized).jpegDE6A49B5-1AEF-4424-8024-3F870756848B (resized).jpeg
#3658 5 years ago

And that is the kind of stuff that makes this hobby so worthwhile.

It was the same for me when I made our first MAME cab about 14 years ago he was 2 and fascinated with it. Then as he got older we would play things like Spiderman and X-Men and TMNT together all the time, it was great. Those are the times you never forget as a dad.

#3659 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

I was gonna say i had a real knocker in my mb

Any idea if the coil test let you fire it? The version in mbr skips over the knocker coil.

#3660 5 years ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

And that is the kind of stuff that makes this hobby so worthwhile.
It was the same for me when I made our first MAME cab about 14 years ago he was 2 and fascinated with it. Then as he got older we would play things like Spiderman and X-Men and TMNT together all the time, it was great. Those are the times you never forget as a dad.

man I am living this right now and loving it. When my son was 2 he realized the MAME arcade and pinball were cool but didn't really know what to do with them. Now at age 4, he's into TMNT, SF, Metal Slug and he's taken a liking to pinball which at this point, makes these hobbies even more fun just watching them interact with these machines that we know every detail about. Good times. I'm excited for that to continue and watch them grow up with it.

#3661 5 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

Any idea if the coil test let you fire it? The version in mbr skips over the knocker coil.

I'm pretty positive it worked and was a option in coil test...

#3662 5 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

There is a setting in adjustments somewhere that turns it on and off

#3663 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Real Knockers are always a plus.

Either in, OR out of your your games.

#3664 5 years ago

Has anyone toggled the knocker adjustment and tried the coil test in both configurations? Does it skip over pausing and firing the coil or does it pause and just not fire the coil? I know the WPC menu system has worked like this is the past for adjustments, one adjustment is not made available until another adjestment is set to enabled. Seems Lyman would be smart enough to skip the unused coil if the default knocker sound is enabled. Specifically just to keep the “clack” count rhythm... when a tech starts the coil test on free run, there is a cadence as each coil is fired that the tech listens to. If he DIDN’T skip pausing for the knocker coil during the coil test, techs would be confused. This is the kind of level of programming detail that lets me know just exactly why Lyman’s code is more robust. Even when taking money out of the BOM, I think leaving it in the code so ops can add the knocker in later is Lyman saying, “OK, but players are going to want a real knocker...”

#3665 5 years ago

I turned off knocker sound but didn't see the coil appear in test.. Will poke around more tonight. If anyone gets it going please let me know. I even got the spooky brand coil which seemed appropriate.

#3666 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Has anyone toggled the knocker adjustment and tried the coil test in both configurations? Does it skip over pausing and firing the coil or does it pause and just not fire the coil? I know the WPC menu system has worked like this is the past for adjustments, one adjustment is not made available until another adjestment is set to enabled. Seems Lyman would be smart enough to skip the unused coil if the default knocker sound is enabled. Specifically just to keep the “clack” count rhythm... when a tech starts the coil test on free run, there is a cadence as each coil is fired that the tech listens to. If he DIDN’T skip pausing for the knocker coil during the coil test, techs would be confused. This is the kind of level of programming detail that lets me know just exactly why Lyman’s code is more robust. Even when taking money out of the BOM, I think leaving it in the code so ops can add the knocker in later is Lyman saying, “OK, but players are going to want a real knocker...”

The remakes just emulate the exact same code, so it should work identically

#3667 5 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

Bummer... MBR has everything needed too. Software update?
This MBr owner votes yes please!

This owner as well!!!

#3668 5 years ago

Is it possible to put a knocker in the remake version?

#3669 5 years ago

Here is what COULD happen, if we ask nicely...

To @doug_duba and @cgc-ryan, how about offering a add on knocker kit? You already source the parts for AFM, and if a change is needed in the code, then maybe a software update to support? If you offer a screw it on, plug it in solution for $150 bucks, and not void my warranty, I am customer #1. Thank you for considering this customer request, the collective owners of MBr’s everywhere.

#3670 5 years ago
Quoted from flamehead:

Is it possible to put a knocker in the remake version?

OMG.

#3671 5 years ago

Any Non Matching LE's shipped or received yet?

#3672 5 years ago
Quoted from bohunr:

Any Non Matching LE's shipped or received yet?

Only canceled matching orders already in the pipeline and numbered that were then shipped to fulfill awaiting non matched orders. So we have seen some unmatched deliveries, but no original non matched orders have been built yet that I know of. Matched were suposed to finish up this week (mid February) and non matched production should pick up now but we havent heard any updates to that.

#3673 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Here is what COULD happen, if we ask nicely...
To @doug_duba and @cgc-ryan, how about offering a add on knocker kit? You already source the parts for AFM, and if a change is needed in the code, then maybe a software update to support? If you offer a screw it on, plug it in solution for $150 bucks, and not void my warranty, I am customer #1. Thank you for considering this customer request, the collective owners of MBr’s everywhere.

I'm customer #2 but how about $100

I still need to buy my plasma disc and disco ball.

#3674 5 years ago
Quoted from LoganJK:

I'm customer #2 but how about $100

Well, they need to know the market potential and just how much I would spend for a no-hassle, plug and chug knocker kit. You are willing to part ways with $100, and me, I am willing to part with $150 for an add on knocker that doesn’t void my 2 year LE warranty. That’s worth the extra $50 to $75 to me since this is the only electronic modification I would ever do besides a subwoofer, if it needs it.

#3675 5 years ago

no offense, but don't support that kind of robbery...$100-$150 for a knocker? really? for that money just pay someone to stand there and hit your machine with a hammer when you get a replay for $50

#3676 5 years ago

It’s the “not void the warranty” part I am paying for, otherwise I would hook it up myself for under $40, but if a code change is needed, then we still need to ask CGC nicely for that. I am willing to pay extra for no hassels, especially when modifying a piece of entertainment equipment that cost me a large chunk of $$$. You certainly don’t add any value paying extra for a 2 year warranty that you void immediately by adding a $35 knocker.

#3677 5 years ago

I thought we were finally over this real knocker craze?

#3678 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I thought we were finally over this real knocker craze?

Fake knockers might do it for some guys...

#3679 5 years ago

I don't get the attraction of having a knocker in a HUO environment....whats the point?

#3680 5 years ago

I love all knockers, real ones, fake ones, big ones, small ones..

#3681 5 years ago

Drac slams his guitar on replay.. You want some good time rock and roll plastic banana knock or a real knock that makes people in the room jump?

#3682 5 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

Fake knockers might do it for some guys...

Rather have a real one but I don't think it's worth time or monies changing it out...for sure not $150

#3683 5 years ago

I have too many pin playing friends that have gave me just too much crap about my unreal knocker in my FGy. If I can avoid any more of their crap by putting in a real knocker in my MB, what ever I spend to do it is worth every penny. Some of us old school pinheads play for knocks, not squelches or sound bytes.

#3684 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

.....what ever I spend to do it is worth every penny. Some of us old school pinheads....

use mod monies to buy more machines...or a bigger house

#3685 5 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I don't get the attraction of having a knocker in a HUO environment....whats the point?

In a HUO environment, Real knockers should wake the real knockers. They should be loud enough to wake the wife. Or as mine likes to put it “Hey, I heard You just got lucky, you feeling good?, maybe you want to get lucky again?”

Quoted from TheLaw:

use mod monies to buy more machines...or a bigger house

The house is big enough, I just have to convince the wife that pinball machines accentuate and accessorize a room, not just clutter it up.

#3686 5 years ago
bublehead (resized).jpgbublehead (resized).jpg
#3687 5 years ago

Does anyone know if this plastic protector set will fit the remake?

http://www.pinbits.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=270

I know mezel has a set in colors but I would really prefer just good old clear.

#3688 5 years ago

Just received my matching le today. Beautiful machine. I have some decal pics.

2018DF5E-752E-4D53-8CDA-80AA5E4C5D9F (resized).jpeg2018DF5E-752E-4D53-8CDA-80AA5E4C5D9F (resized).jpeg215C893D-7493-47B6-93B6-5103B671FED8 (resized).jpeg215C893D-7493-47B6-93B6-5103B671FED8 (resized).jpegA416951E-07C5-4803-BC8D-1A38FE41CCC9 (resized).jpegA416951E-07C5-4803-BC8D-1A38FE41CCC9 (resized).jpeg45C50BF4-F93C-4177-8BF3-041B4320352A (resized).jpeg45C50BF4-F93C-4177-8BF3-041B4320352A (resized).jpeg7FE6BD6C-51DD-4F8C-A87B-6B39BD0F9535 (resized).jpeg7FE6BD6C-51DD-4F8C-A87B-6B39BD0F9535 (resized).jpeg97795399-C208-4834-9646-0D7CC02F8531 (resized).jpeg97795399-C208-4834-9646-0D7CC02F8531 (resized).jpegA01A493D-3429-4741-83C6-1F80C0F8E515 (resized).jpegA01A493D-3429-4741-83C6-1F80C0F8E515 (resized).jpeg
#3689 5 years ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

Does anyone know if this plastic protector set will fit the remake?
http://www.pinbits.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=270
I know mezel has a set in colors but I would really prefer just good old clear.

Unsure- but I would assume the answer is yes.I installed the set from Marco and am happy.

IMG_0167 (resized).JPGIMG_0167 (resized).JPGIMG_7633 (resized).JPGIMG_7633 (resized).JPG
#3690 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

That’s worth the extra $50 to $75 to me since this is the only electronic modification I would ever do besides a subwoofer, if it needs it.

Oh yes - it needs it! All this talk about knockers but if you want to blow your socks off get a subwoofer hooked up. I put one in, shared between AFMr and MBr and its unbelievable. More so the AFMr but both sound phenomenal with that extra bass and rich sound. It sits under / between the two games. Best $90 "mod" you can buy https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0002KVQBA/

#3691 5 years ago
Quoted from bigdog50:

Oh yes - it needs it! All this talk about knockers but if you want to blow your socks off get a subwoofer hooked up. I put one in, shared between AFMr and MBr and its unbelievable. More so the AFMr but both sound phenomenal with that extra bass and rich sound. It sits under / between the two games. Best $90 "mod" you can buy amazon.com link »

Agreed on the sub, I have one on each machine of my machines. No sharing with my pins.

#3692 5 years ago

Is the bigger screen worth an extra 900-1000? That's the question I'm stuck with now.

I haven't seen a classic in person and 1K is a chunk...but goddamn that big one was impressive.

EDIT: Sorry I'll add NONE of the other upgrades are interesting to me at all and I'll be turning off what I can. It truly is just the screen for me

#3693 5 years ago

I think the SE is well worth the extra cost, moving to the LE is questionable of course

SE gets you the better lighting (interactive RGB), better display (bigger and color), better figures, lit scoop, lit targets, lit creature hole, better sound system (supposedly).

LE adds plasma disc (you can add to SE yourself), Topper, shaker, blue powdercoat, plaque on LD bar, double the warranty, mirror blades along with everything on the SE

https://www.chicago-gaming.com/coinop/monster-bash

SE is the clear winner in my book unless you are planning to route it which I would just do the classic in that case but for home SE or LE

#3694 5 years ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

SE gets you the better lighting....

Yeah I gotcha there but for me I don't want any of what's listed...for me it's honestly just the screen size so it's making it so difficult.

#3695 5 years ago

Any special talent or parts needed to hook up
A sub woofer or share one between 2 machines?

#3696 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Yeah I gotcha there but for me I don't want any of what's listed...for me it's honestly just the screen size so it's making it so difficult.

If that is all that matters...I'd go CE

#3697 5 years ago

Well the lit target, scoop, drac and RGB lighting effects make a big difference. Couple that with the bigger better display 100% win over the classic. Classic = the OG monster bash IMHO.

#3698 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

My guess is that you'll likely be happy with either one. However, you won't regret buying more pin, but there's a chance you will regret buying less. It's a hobby, spend the extra to get what you want.

#3699 5 years ago

The good thing is that all three play exactly the same. Choice is really based on aesthetics.

#3700 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Only canceled matching orders already in the pipeline and numbered that were then shipped to fulfill awaiting non matched orders. So we have seen some unmatched deliveries, but no original non matched orders have been built yet that I know of. Matched were suposed to finish up this week (mid February) and non matched production should pick up now but we havent heard any updates to that.

My non matched game is built and will be shipped to the house next week. Unfortunately it has to wait until Thursday instead of the Tuesday ETA because the delivery window is 7 hours which I can't do with my work schedule.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 33.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Tulsa, OK
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lafayette, LA
$ 12.95
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 9,330 posts in this topic. You are on page 74 of 187.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monster-bash-remake-mbr-owners-club/page/74?hl=loganjk and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.