(Topic ID: 222461)

Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)

By MrSanRamon

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 9,329 posts
  • 732 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 22 hours ago by mbeardsley
  • Topic is favorited by 277 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)”

• I'm in on a CE 77 votes
    9%
  • I'm in on a SE 172 votes
    21%
  • I'm in on a LE 396 votes
    48%
  • I'm out for now 182 votes
    22%

(827 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

wire switch 2 (resized).jpg
R orbit switch (resized).jpg
IMG_4951 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4943 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0464 (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
IMG_3190 (resized).jpeg
Wolfman (resized).jpg
IMG_2467 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4014 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231111_165525077 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20231112-165133 (resized).png
20231110_123120 (resized).jpg
20231105_122730 (resized).jpg
94B393B7-CB09-4AFB-A166-CF0EC7F7F9A0 (resized).jpeg
3D150F78-A1C1-4B31-A9FA-00031163D7C1 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 9,329 posts in this topic. You are on page 73 of 187.
#3601 5 years ago
Quoted from DJNOEL30:

Will have the non-matching LE #431 at the house between 2-5 tomorrow.

same here, via fed ex delivery. congrats!

#3602 5 years ago

So 15 days ago Doug from CGC reached out to me and offered to work with my distributor to refund my deposit if I wanted out after all the delays. I responded that day and asked if he could give me any update on when I could expect to get the game if I didn't cancel. No response. Even after pinging the email thread I still got no response.

When I mentioned in this thread that Doug never responded, Ryan from CGC promptly messaged me and took my information, saying he would quickly get me some answers. That was 8 days ago, and even after pinging the email thread 4 days ago I have received no response. Not even a "we're looking into it." Just nothing. They both messaged me and never got back to me.

My distributor will not issue a refund, claiming that they paid the deposit to CGC and that CGC does not refund deposits.

#3603 5 years ago

Today was going to be a good day. Thanks Road Runner WTF

I hate to say this but almost every guy that has delivered or picking up a game for us is a complete Fucking Moron !
I had 2 games for pick up (white glove)
Guy showed up with absolutely nothing?
Said he would wrap it later ! They rank up there with Cable guys

#3604 5 years ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

I don't have the ability to sit around all day waiting for a game either

I'm fortunate to work close to home so ask for a 30 min advance call. So far not one of the delivery companies has had an issue with my request.

#3605 5 years ago

The SE arrived safe and sound through UPS freight. Plays fast and smooth right out of the box. No issues with Drac's feet or Bride's head. I made no adjustments at all yet, but may dial back the power on the flippers, as I have seen most recommend it. The non-matching LEs are probably right around the corner, but I had sold of a couple games to make this purchase, so I was anxious to get this game. No "regerts" about asking Melissa to make the switch to the SE. A very happy customer here.

IMG_1106 (resized).jpgIMG_1106 (resized).jpgIMG_1853 (resized).jpgIMG_1853 (resized).jpgIMG_2054 (resized).jpgIMG_2054 (resized).jpgIMG_3656 (resized).jpgIMG_3656 (resized).jpgIMG_3846 (resized).jpgIMG_3846 (resized).jpgIMG_3850 (resized).jpgIMG_3850 (resized).jpgIMG_4196 (resized).jpgIMG_4196 (resized).jpgIMG_6721 (resized).jpgIMG_6721 (resized).jpgIMG_7088 (resized).jpgIMG_7088 (resized).jpgIMG_7252-1 (resized).jpgIMG_7252-1 (resized).jpgIMG_7435 (resized).jpgIMG_7435 (resized).jpgIMG_9856 (resized).jpgIMG_9856 (resized).jpg
#3606 5 years ago

One small issue, but I suspect it is maybe an eddy sensor that needs calibrating.Not every hit to Drac is registering.

IMG_2079 copy (resized).JPGIMG_2079 copy (resized).JPGIMG_7169-1 (resized).jpgIMG_7169-1 (resized).jpg
#3607 5 years ago
Quoted from sgorsuch:

One small issue, but I suspect it is maybe an eddy sensor that needs calibrating.Not every hit to Drac is registering.
[quoted image][quoted image]

I believe the switch is on Dracula... its not a eddy sensor

#3608 5 years ago
Quoted from sgorsuch:

The SE arrived safe and sound through UPS freight. Plays fast and smooth right out of the box. No issues with Drac's feet or Bride's head. I made no adjustments at all yet, but may dial back the power on the flippers, as I have seen most recommend it. The non-matching LEs are probably right around the corner, but I had sold of a couple games to make this purchase, so I was anxious to get this game. No "regerts" about asking Melissa to make the switch to the SE. A very happy customer here.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

If it were me I would take those “protectors” off ASAP. CGC already installed metal standoffs to keep the legs from damaging the decals. Those red “protectors” might wreck your decals. Not sure why people keep using those on modern games.......enjoy your game! It’s a blast

#3609 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Has anyone ever recieved two CGC pins shipped at the same time? The president of our local pin league and I are waiting on our LE’s and they are supposed to be shipping them together to save a little money. Was wondering how CGC ships two pins at once, either on a bigger pallet and bound together, or on individual pallets and just on the same truck? Either way, we have decided to pick them up at the local shipping company and not have them delivered to the door. One less chance for the shipper to replicate the mess like the above photos, but no guaranties. ouch.

CGC accidentally sent me two machines. One was my MBrSE, the other was an AFMrLE.

They came on different pallets. I sent the AFM back.

#3610 5 years ago

I would have accepted both and kept the AFMrLE as BOGO freebie until someone complained and realized their mistake... Then tell them they can come pick it up, it will be at the curb, in a duct taped together box, tied to a broken pallet with bailing twine, with the goodie bag impaled to the side with a fireplace poker. Or they can let me keep it for $6999.95

#3611 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

I would have accepted both and kept the AFMrLE as BOGO freebie until someone complained and realized their mistake... Then tell them they can come pick it up, it will be at the curb, in a duct taped together box, tied to a broken pallet with bailing twine, with the goodie bag impaled to the side with a fireplace poker. Or they can let me keep it for $6999.95

I’m sure you’re joking, but pretty sure that is still considered theft.

#3612 5 years ago
Quoted from YZRider926:

I think it depends on your state laws. it's possible that it could be considered an "unconditional gift." But, regardless of the law, not a cool thing to do.

#3613 5 years ago
Quoted from Lamprey:

not a cool thing to do.

Threads like these often let you know who is safe to deal with, and who might take advantage of a mistake when dealing.

LTG : )

#3614 5 years ago
Quoted from Lamprey:

I think it depends on your state laws. it's possible that it could be considered an "unconditional gift." But, regardless of the law, not a cool thing to do.

You may be right, I really don’t know, and I’m not a lawyer. I have always called and let the company know when I receive stuff I haven’t paid for. Sometimes they tell me to keep it other times to ship it back. I subscribe to the idea that just because someone screwed up and you received something you shouldn’t have doesn’t make it yours.

#3615 5 years ago

I would have kept it and asked for a payment plan

#3616 5 years ago

sounds like a Try before you Buy scenario

#3617 5 years ago
Quoted from YZRider926:

The thing that amazes me most about Pinside is how literal people take everything someone says... and then it gets turned around and becomes comments like:

Quoted from Lamprey:

not a cool thing to do.

That leads to this generic comment:

Quoted from LTG:

Threads like these often let you know who is safe to deal with, and who might take advantage of a mistake when dealing.

When in fact it was SIMPLY A JOKE. Sorry LTG if you think I would actually consider doing this...
Unless I have actually screwed you or anyone else over in a deal, which I have not, this is still a character assasination by proxy. Just my two cents...

#3618 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

I believe the switch is on Dracula... its not a eddy sensor

Thanks- i just took a look into the coffin and sure enough the switch on Drac is in plain sight. Easy adjustment, thanks.

Quoted from EricHadley:

If it were me I would take those “protectors” off ASAP. CGC already installed metal standoffs to keep the legs from damaging the decals. Those red “protectors” might wreck your decals. Not sure why people keep using those on modern
games.......enjoy your game! It’s a blast

Hey, thanks for this tip also.

Very happy with the game, and my wife and I have really enjoyed the Phantom Flip. It has become a quest to see how many shots it will nail. I had 2 ramp shots in a row with it.
Cheers

#3619 5 years ago
Quoted from sgorsuch:

Thanks- i just took a look into the coffin and sure enough the switch on Drac is in plain sight. Easy adjustment, thanks.

Hey, thanks for this tip also.
Very happy with the game, and my wife and I have really enjoyed the Phantom Flip. It has become a quest to see how many shots it will nail. I had 2 ramp shots in a row with it.
Cheers

Agree the phantom flip is fun. My game has learned well and makes about 80% of its shots now. So fun to be hands off and see what it does.

#3620 5 years ago

#431 is in the house and is gorgeous! No issues, delivery was on point and the game fire up like a gem! The toys definitely have more detail than the pictures I have seen. I inspect every inch and this machine is absolutely perfect! Thank you CGC for making this game and keeping it solid all the way here!

#3622 5 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Agree the phantom flip is fun. My game has learned well and makes about 80% of its shots now. So fun to be hands off and see what it does.

Stupid question Wacky....
How does the game learn? What is it supposed to do and how do you know if it is engaged?

#3623 5 years ago
Quoted from hollywood:

Stupid question Wacky....
How does the game learn? What is it supposed to do and how do you know if it is engaged?

It knows what shot it was going for and knows if it was missed. There are opto’s in the inlanes it uses to know timing of the ball to the flippers. Over time it adjusts its timing for the shots and becomes more accurate. Same as the thing flip in TAF.

#3624 5 years ago

Watching Little kids playing is always fun....nice daddy!

#3625 5 years ago

Canceled my LE today with Game Room Guys

Going Wonka!

Fingers crossed

#3626 5 years ago

Think you be waiting a while before wonka ships

#3627 5 years ago

I can wait a year or so no worries.

Have 10 in house and just Munstered it up

#3628 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

Going Wonka!
Fingers crossed

Based on JJP's track record you should get that in 2020

#3629 5 years ago
Quoted from YZRider926:

You may be right, I really don’t know, and I’m not a lawyer. I have always called and let the company know when I receive stuff I haven’t paid for. Sometimes they tell me to keep it other times to ship it back. I subscribe to the idea that just because someone screwed up and you received something you shouldn’t have doesn’t make it yours.

No way should anybody have tried to keep the game that was mistakenly delivered. "Unjust enrichment" for one thing. A simple mistake. A "gift", lol, no way.

The guy 100% did the right thing.

#3630 5 years ago

A little Helper script... just quote and edit...

Besides, the pool of available MBrLE’s is going to <fill in your expert prediction> so no need to lock one down at <fill in what you have paid for your LE> Of course with 1250 LE’s now in the mix, price is bound to go <fill in your expert prediction> so I may want to <fill in your expert recommendation> and <fill in alternative pinball entertainment choice> instead. Or I could tell everyone to <fill in a rude and obnoxious task> and <recommend an alternate occupation besides irritating you with stupid recommendations> and let me <fill in your ultimate decision> and not let the <fill in descriptive demeaning social epithet> like Bublehead affect my choice.

#3631 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

A little Helper script... just quote and edit...
Besides, the pool of available MBrLE’s is going to &lt;fill in your expert prediction&gt; so no need to lock one down at &lt;fill in what you have paid for your LE&gt; Of course with 1250 LE’s now in the mix, price is bound to go &lt;fill in your expert prediction&gt; so I may want to &lt;fill in your expert recommendation&gt; and &lt;fill in alternative pinball entertainment choice&gt; instead. Or I could tell everyone to &lt;fill in a rude and obnoxious task&gt; and &lt;recommend an alternate occupation besides irritating you with stupid recommendations&gt; and let me &lt;fill in your ultimate decision&gt; and not let the &lt;fill in descriptive demeaning social epithet&gt; like bublehead affect my choice.

that made my head hurt.

#3632 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

No way should anybody have tried to keep the game that was mistakenly delivered. "Unjust enrichment" for one thing. A simple mistake. A "gift", lol, no way.
The guy 100% did the right thing.

In the USA, there is this:

https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0181-unordered-merchandise

But the honest thing to do and the legal thing to do is not always the same thing. I would have called my distributor and I would have asked him what he wanted me to do. Somebody is out some $$$ sending it back, so why not try and get them to offer it to me at a discount? If I really wanted AFMrLE, which I do, they are going to have at least triple shipping costs getting it back and shipping it to the rightful owner. At this point, even doing the honest thing is costing them $$$ so why not let CGC and my distributor make the call? It was their mistake, I am going to inform them and do what they want, not just keep it. But you can not fault a person for asking for a discount, that is just unAmerican.

#3633 5 years ago

I don’t ignore many people, but I think I know a good first candidate...

#3634 5 years ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

Oh, who? I need to ignore them too...

#3635 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

In the USA, there is this:
https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0181-unordered-merchandise
But the honest thing to do and the legal thing to do is not always the same thing. I would have called my distributor and I would have asked him what he wanted me to do. Somebody is out some $$$ sending it back, so why not try and get them to offer it to me at a discount? If I really wanted AFMrLE, which I do, they are going to have at least triple shipping costs getting it back and shipping it to the rightful owner. At this point, even doing the honest thing is costing them $$$ so why not let CGC and my distributor make the call? It was their mistake, I am going to inform them and do what they want, not just keep it. But you can not fault a person for asking for a discount, that is just unAmerican.

That FTC rule doesn't apply here. It is primarily meant to address these scammers that send you product, like the old record/music scams and then expect you to pay for it.

I promise you i could get that pin back from the person that it was mistakenly delivered to under various theories of law mentioned above. I can't get you to pay for it, but i can get it back.

#3636 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

Going Wonka!
Fingers crossed

81DC1DE3-09E2-4E28-A840-145A7F2D3A15 (resized).jpeg81DC1DE3-09E2-4E28-A840-145A7F2D3A15 (resized).jpeg
#3637 5 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

What’s the reason for wrapping the decals around the corners when the originals were never done this way?

Involves less time and considerably less aptitude on the part of the person applying it than going edge to edge. Essentially unskilled vs skilled. Hence cheaper.

Glad they're stopping it. Wrapped looks like shit.

#3638 5 years ago
Quoted from sgorsuch:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I don’t like the cut job for the decal on the left side other side looks great

#3639 5 years ago

Just wanted to give a shout out to Sara @ PPS and Ryan @ CGC. Both on it! Awesome A+ customer service. They care!. They will take care of you. Call, text, pictures, fast ticket response time all A+. They do things the way I want my employees and business to run. If you are worried about cracks, shipping damage, crushed topper, they will take care of it. Yea I spent a ton of money with them but I know I have pd for items way more expensive and got far less customer service. Good job PPS and CGC. I cannot wait till game 4, I will be all over it. Build quality is amazing!! See you in Texas Ryan!!!

#3640 5 years ago

Anyone know whats up with production? Trying to find a dealer to purchase and answers are all over the place. Even messaged sara at pps and nothing. If there's no stock ill just buy something else in the meantime

#3641 5 years ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

Anyone know whats up with production? Trying to find a dealer to purchase and answers are all over the place. Even messaged sara at pps and nothing. If there's no stock ill just buy something else in the meantime

Call Sara 775-863-2310

#3642 5 years ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

Contact Chris KingPinGames

He might have some stock available.

#3643 5 years ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

I don’t like the cut job for the decal on the left side other side looks great

Id run a sharpie down the corner to black out the white decal edge

#3644 5 years ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

I replied back to you right away and gave you my number, you asked if the limited editions were in stock and I told you they are not, we are still doing pre-orders and to call me for more details. I also let you know that we have the special edition and the classic in stock at the moment. Sara 775-863-2310

#3645 5 years ago

Anyone get a knocker to work? I got power on the knocker plug, seems straight forward, no joy.

#3646 5 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

I got power on the knocker plug,

I'm curious what plug you are talking about ? Since Monster Bash has a virtual knocker, and not a mechanical one.

#3647 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I'm curious what plug you are talking about ? Since Monster Bash has a virtual knocker, and not a mechanical one.

This one - J115
knockersche (resized).pngknockersche (resized).png

A9D1C37A-2D2F-42D4-8841-7DB46B455C0E (resized).jpegA9D1C37A-2D2F-42D4-8841-7DB46B455C0E (resized).jpeg
#3648 5 years ago

Same driver board as AFMR. Which has a real knocker, plugged into Knock J115.

There isn't anything plugged into your Knock J115. And it probably isn't supported in software. Since it has the audio KNOCK.

#3649 5 years ago

Bummer... MBR has everything needed too. Software update?
This MBr owner votes yes please!

#3650 5 years ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

But it is kind of funny in a weird way.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 33.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

Machine - For Sale
Tulsa, OK
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lafayette, LA
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 12.95
There are 9,329 posts in this topic. You are on page 73 of 187.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monster-bash-remake-mbr-owners-club/page/73?hl=djnoel30 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.