(Topic ID: 222461)

Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)

By MrSanRamon

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 9,332 posts
  • 732 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by KingMixer
  • Topic is favorited by 277 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)”

• I'm in on a CE 77 votes
    9%
  • I'm in on a SE 172 votes
    21%
  • I'm in on a LE 396 votes
    48%
  • I'm out for now 182 votes
    22%

(827 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

wire switch 2 (resized).jpg
R orbit switch (resized).jpg
IMG_4951 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4943 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0464 (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
IMG_3190 (resized).jpeg
Wolfman (resized).jpg
IMG_2467 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4014 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231111_165525077 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20231112-165133 (resized).png
20231110_123120 (resized).jpg
20231105_122730 (resized).jpg
94B393B7-CB09-4AFB-A166-CF0EC7F7F9A0 (resized).jpeg
3D150F78-A1C1-4B31-A9FA-00031163D7C1 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 9,332 posts in this topic. You are on page 70 of 187.
#3451 5 years ago
Quoted from Ledman62:

My start button light comes on at startup then goes off after sitting for awhile. Comes back on when game is started. Anyone else with this issue?
Thanks
Classic edition

I know when I play, the light is lit to use items collected.

#3452 5 years ago

Keyboard flipper mod is from pinbossmods.com

#3453 5 years ago

My LE is coming this week supposedly. Super excited!!!

#3454 5 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

My LE is coming this week supposedly. Super excited!!!

Number matching and when did you pay in full?

#3455 5 years ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

Number matching and when did you pay in full?

Yes and I paid in full months ago (last year).

#3456 5 years ago

Quick question on the bride had I haven’t seen and move since I started the game for the very first time does it actually do something or does it always stay up like this ?

#3457 5 years ago
Quoted from ctozzi:

Quick question on the bride had I haven’t seen and move since I started the game for the very first time does it actually do something or does it always stay up like this ?

Tests - Solenoids - T4 - 02 head pops up and down.

LTG : )

#3458 5 years ago
Quoted from ctozzi:

It should go up and down every time you hit the left ramp.

#3459 5 years ago

Ya nothing. Does nothing.

#3460 5 years ago

Another question about the bride. That voice sounds like the mom from Married with Children and the Futurama show. Katey Sagal. Is it?

#3461 5 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

Yes and I paid in full months ago (last year).

Thanks good to know as this makes at least 2 non-matching LEs out in the wild in the last week.

#3462 5 years ago
Quoted from ctozzi:

Ya nothing. Does nothing.

Mine was bound up. Loosen the fixture on the bottom of the Playfield and wiggle around till you find the sweet spot.

#3463 5 years ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

Thanks good to know as this makes at least 2 non-matching LEs out in the wild in the last week.

I thought he said his WAS number matching no?

#3464 5 years ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

Thought he said it WAS "number matching."

#3465 5 years ago

Wow almost duplicate posts by two different members both capitalizing the WAS for dramatic effect. Nice

#3466 5 years ago

Just played an LE and the game itself was very impressive...got me wondering aboot it & my lineup.

Sadly I read the Standard doesn't come with a big DMD, because the upgraded art is just sick; looks so damn good.
Everything else aboot the LE didn't do it for me but that shouldn't be a big surprise I guess.
Think I'll dig deeper in this thread a snoop around.

#3467 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Just played an LE and the game itself was very impressive...got me wondering aboot it & my lineup.
Sadly I read the Standard doesn't come with a big DMD, because the upgraded art is just sick; looks so damn good.
Everything else aboot the LE didn't do it for me but that shouldn't be a big surprise I guess.

Then go with the SE for $700 less than the LE. It gives you the big display but no blue finish, no plaque, no topper, no plasma disc, and shorter warranty otherwise the SE is the same as the LE

Plasma disc can easily be added

#3468 5 years ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

Then go with the SE for $700 less than the LE.

SE has the bigger display?

#3469 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Yes. Display is awesome. You can also easily add shaker and plasma disc. The disc from Lermods is colored. I added both.

#3470 5 years ago
Quoted from Dexter:

Another question about the bride. That voice sounds like the mom from Married with Children and the Futurama show. Katey Sagal. Is it?

I do not think so.

#3471 5 years ago
Quoted from drummermike:

Yes. Display is awesome. You can also easily add shaker and plasma disc. The disc from Lermods is colored. I added both.

.....and it's available now to buy.

#3472 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

https://www.chicago-gaming.com/coinop/monster-bash Scroll down to the bottom to see the differences of each model.

LTG : )

#3473 5 years ago

Ah yes thanks guys, I was confused by the terminology... SE meaning special not standard /classic etc

#3474 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Ce displays can also be upgraded to the better color graphics

#3475 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Ce displays can also be upgraded to the better color graphics

Not the jumbo style HD graphics though. Stays the same classic size DMD just with color....

#3476 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Not the jumbo style HD graphics though. Stays the same classic size DMD just with color....

The hd graphics still look great on the normal size screen tho and a big improvement over stock and color dmd graphics.

#3477 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

The hd graphics still look great on the normal size screen tho and a big improvement over stock and color dmd graphics.

It's like driving to the ballpark then watching the game in HD in your car - sitting in the parking lot.

If you're going to get a brand new monster bash and NOT get the HD jumbo screen, you're really missing out. Sure the other smaller one is fine but you're 4 figures in and you're not going to spend a little more? I actually bought a AFM classic b/c I wasn't sold on the simplicity of the game and then after realizing the game is awesome, I needed that jumbo. If you're into MB, get the jumbo.

#3478 5 years ago

I figured for the $400 color chip I'm pretty much halfway to the SE anyway. big screen, plus color GI plus the fancy toys.

#3479 5 years ago

Boy that's the issue... Funny i never knew there was a bigger screen and now a would feel like it's a must.... But that color GI is just so not going to work for me.
Have to sleep on this one for a bit.

#3480 5 years ago

Just to clarify, do the dots on smaller color screen on the CE have the same enhanced quality to it as the larger screen SE/LE?

#3481 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Boy that's the issue... Funny i never knew there was a bigger screen and now a would feel like it's a must.... But that color GI is just so not going to work for me.
Have to sleep on this one for a bit.

You can turn the color GI off. Get the SE and enjoy the display. They give you all the options in the CGC menu.

#3482 5 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

You can turn the color GI off. Get the SE and enjoy the display. They give you all the options in the CGC menu.

Nice. Thanks for the info.

#3483 5 years ago

I truly believe the SE is the way to go with MBR. It really gives you the best bag for the buck IMHO. If my wife wasn’t so dead set on the topper it’s the one I would have gotten as well and we would already have it. But happy wife well you know the rest

#3484 5 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Just to clarify, do the dots on smaller color screen on the CE have the same enhanced quality to it as the larger screen SE/LE?

Yes .. like mmr was...

#3485 5 years ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

I truly believe the SE is the way to go with MBR. It really gives you the best bag for the buck IMHO. If my wife wasn’t so dead set on the topper it’s the one I would have gotten as well and we would already have it. But happy wife well you know the rest

Absolutely not. LE is limited and although it seems like a lot this game will undoubtedly become collector's and hold it's value. Just look at AFM le vs SE - le still holding value and that will continue.

If you don't want the le I would still buy it and sell that topper. I can almost guarantee you that topper would sell 600+ if not 1k. Cash that in and you basically get everything else for free on top of the SE. No brainer

#3486 5 years ago

Proud SE owner here. Having lots of fun!

#3487 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Absolutely not. LE is limited and although it seems like a lot this game will undoubtedly become collector's and hold it's value. Just look at AFM le vs SE - le still holding value and that will continue.
If you don't want the le I would still buy it and sell that topper. I can almost guarantee you that topper would sell 600+ if not 1k. Cash that in and you basically get everything else for free on top of the SE. No brainer

Afmr le sells for 1k cheaper than it was new and there are 250 more mbrle. afmle has much better topper and is a better game in most people's opinion.. That is not really that limited in this hobby . I think mb will be be around 7-7250 also when all said and done. Heck even mmrle are mid to low 7s.... so that seems to be the sweet spot for cgc le used pins. So many new expensive pins coming out over the next few years everything is gonna fall in price on the used market...

#3488 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Nice. Thanks for the info.

If you like playing MB, and you have always wanted to own one with every bell and whistle, the LE at $8300 delivered is a bargain when you look at not just the feature matrix, but compare it to keeping an original running, or finding an original and restoring it or having it restored, both having costs of ownership that are +$$$. I am getting older, so I am getting a few irons out the fire by buying a MBrLE fully loaded and not having to hunt down, haggle, pay, ship, pickup, clean, shop, rerubber, wax, repair, replace, rebuild, re-decal, oh, wait... I forgot, that is half the fun... all depends on where and what you want to spend your time and money on... in this hobby they are not always the same.

#3489 5 years ago

The ce will definitely be the least produced mbr and the se will probably also have lower production than the le . So they will be the limited edition .. just like jjp pins lol. Not that anyone cares or it effects anything tho. I think the se mbr is the best option and i like the look the best personally.

#3490 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

If you like playing MB, and you have always wanted to own one with every bell and whistle, the LE at $8300 delivered...

Yeah for me all the bells and whistles are just a perfect PF and a new game. I was 1000% Standard before I saw the bigger screen, that's really the only improvement for me.

#3491 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

The ce will definitely be the least produced mbr and the se will probably also have lower production than the le . So they will be the limited edition .. just like jjp pins lol. Not that anyone cares or it effects anything tho. I think the se mbr is the best option and i like the look the best personally.

no way....they'll be building that model for years....at some point they'll run out of LE's....

#3492 5 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

no way....they'll be building that model for years....at some point they'll run out of LE's....

Ditto on that.. There's no way SE won't be the most produced when it's all said and done.

#3493 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Afmr le sells for 1k cheaper than it was new and there are 250 more mbrle. afmle has much better topper and is a better game in most people's opinion.. That is not really that limited in this hobby . I think mb will be be around 7-7250 also when all said and done. Heck even mmrle are mid to low 7s.... so that seems to be the sweet spot for cgc le used pins. So many new expensive pins coming out over the next few years everything is gonna fall in price on the used market...

I sold my MMrLE with color chip for $8000 locally and it sold almost immediately.

#3494 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Yeah for me all the bells and whistles are just a perfect PF and a new game. I was 1000% Standard before I saw the bigger screen, that's really the only improvement for me.

The LE gets a gauranteed higher grade playfield. The SE you might get a slightly lesser grade PF.

#3495 5 years ago
Quoted from 68Pontinut:

Just picked these up from PinBoss 3D caps. They match the apron and theme of the game perfectly!! Every MB should have them.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I have to say I'm not too much into modding, but these really pop and great accent to Apron!

#3496 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

The LE gets a gauranteed higher grade playfield.

Wow that's lame. But even a lower grade has to be as good as the other companies these days which should be fine

#3497 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Wow that's lame. But even a lower grade has to be as good as the other companies these days which should be fine

I don't think it's lame though, I mean it is after all their "flagship" trim. But I completely agree that even the slightly lower grade is a great playfield and you'll likely never even notice any difference unless you take a magnifying glass to it and try to study every minute nonsense detail lol.

#3498 5 years ago

To me it was a no brainer moving to the LE just from a value stand point. I'm not really a topper guy, but after buying the AFMRLE I was sold on a quality topper.....I don't think the MBRLE topper is in the same league, but its really nice, and better than most out there. You add the shaker, plasma disc, plaque (which I originally thought was cheesy, but its actually nice), and additional year on the warranty its kind of a no brainer....I'm on the fence with the trim color as I like the stainless look as well.

#3499 5 years ago

Don't forget to factor in taxes!

IMO, from purely a value standpoint the SE is the way to go with these remakes. If you've got money to burn and need to have the absolute best, go for the LE.

I wonder if it would be possible to upgrade a CE with the larger display. The larger display itself is a standard off-the-shelf item, and it should just be plug and play - the color/HD software is included in the game, not the display. The only problem would be that you'd need to enlarge or get a new speaker panel, but if you're the DIY type it shouldn't be impossible to retrofit a CE with the larger display.

For what it's worth, I bought the AFMr SE and I don't regret it one bit, but if I were to buy the MBr I would have to think hard about getting the CE (with color upgrade) over the SE, especially since the CE is now only $6k. The gameplay is too fast for me to be admiring a screen.

#3500 5 years ago

I'm currently in for non-matching MBrLE.

Went to The Arcade in Brighton yesterday, and got excited when I saw a flawless AFMLE there.

I was simply...just...beautiful.

Started playing and immediately discovered the left flipper is screwed. Acting exactly like the hold coil transistor was latching up. Seen that before when a coil is changed and they forget to replace the recirculation diode, after so many voltage spikes the transistor becomes a thyristor. It looked like an electronic problem to me for several reasons.

Regardless, we told the dude, and he comes out to take a look at it. Runs some diagnostics, lifts the playfield, looks under it for a bit, fiddles with a few things, puts playfield back down, runs more diagnostics, game turned off for the remainder of our visit which was around five hours.

I even told the guy when he started looking at it, "I'm very curious to see what you can do with this because I have MBr on order, and I'm worried about this new system".

I'm not too happy to see that the game remained dead. This arcade at least used to have good techs, so while it might not be that bad, I really wanted to see the soldering iron come out and that game come back to life. There are a lot of games there, its not too crowded, and the place only open on the weekends and not even all day. Its not like the game was getting hammered constantly. The playfield is like glass.

There is another local AFMLE at Marvin's Mechanical Museum in Farmington Hills. One of the tri-color LEDs on the big saucer was not working. Another electronic problem. These games are in places where they should be well maintained. Am I being too pessimistic?

I'm sulking about resuming the hopeless search for an affordable nice original MB again. I want something I can fix later on.
Even one LED not working will make me blow a gasket after spending $8300+tax.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Tulsa, OK
$ 12.95
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lafayette, LA
$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Machine - For Sale
Shepherdsville, KY
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 33.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 9,332 posts in this topic. You are on page 70 of 187.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monster-bash-remake-mbr-owners-club/page/70 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.