(Topic ID: 222461)

Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)

By MrSanRamon

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 9,324 posts
  • 731 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 35 hours ago by KidDynamite
  • Topic is favorited by 277 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)”

• I'm in on a CE 77 votes
    9%
  • I'm in on a SE 172 votes
    21%
  • I'm in on a LE 396 votes
    48%
  • I'm out for now 182 votes
    22%

(827 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

wire switch 2 (resized).jpg
R orbit switch (resized).jpg
IMG_4951 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4943 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0464 (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
IMG_3190 (resized).jpeg
Wolfman (resized).jpg
IMG_2467 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4014 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231111_165525077 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20231112-165133 (resized).png
20231110_123120 (resized).jpg
20231105_122730 (resized).jpg
94B393B7-CB09-4AFB-A166-CF0EC7F7F9A0 (resized).jpeg
3D150F78-A1C1-4B31-A9FA-00031163D7C1 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 9,324 posts in this topic. You are on page 60 of 187.
#2951 5 years ago

OMG, all these complaints about putting their money out and not receiving the instant gratification of a game on their driveway are hilarious. You are all apparently newbies to the hobby and unaware of the recent history of pinball.

When Wayno announced he was going to produce a remake of MM we waited over two years with him sitting on our money and he never produced the game. He finally sold out to PP and they produced it after almost another two years. Some people never demanded a return of their money and got the game from PP for the original price of $5500 or something in that range after nearly 4 years of waiting.

And then many of us gave Jersey Jack $6500 in advance to get our original WOZLE games. I think there were some steps of getting to the full amount, but regardless we had a bunch of cash out there for 2 1/2 years. We basically fronted him the money to start his company and he promised those of us who were so loyal that we would get discounts on future games. Well, the discounts never happened.

So quit whining that a legitimate and established company is a month behind in getting your game to you so that they can take care of quality control issues. Be glad you are not getting a game with no code, cabinets that are actually falling apart and chunks of clearcoat the size of a quarter peeling off your playfield. If you can't handle this you should really get out of the hobby or just keep buying nice used games to freshen up your collection. You would lose less money doing that anyway.

#2952 5 years ago
Quoted from playernumber4:

OMG, all these complaints about putting their money out and not receiving the instant gratification of a game on their driveway are hilarious. You are all apparently newbies to the hobby and unaware of the recent history of pinball.
When Wayno announced he was going to produce a remake of MM we waited over two years with him sitting on our money and he never produced the game. He finally sold out to PP and they produced it after almost another two years. Some people never demanded a return of their money and got the game from PP for the original price of $5500 or something in that range after nearly 4 years of waiting.
And then many of us gave Jersey Jack $6500 in advance to get our original WOZLE games. I think there were some steps of getting to the full amount, but regardless we had a bunch of cash out there for 2 1/2 years. We basically fronted him the money to start his company and he promised those of us who were so loyal that we would get discounts on future games. Well, the discounts never happened.
So quit whining that a legitimate and established company is a month behind in getting your game to you so that they can take care of quality control issues. Be glad you are not getting a game with no code, cabinets that are actually falling apart and chunks of clearcoat the size of a quarter peeling off your playfield. If you can't handle this you should really get out of the hobby or just keep buying nice used games to freshen up your collection. You would lose less money doing that anyway.

well said Glenn!

#2953 5 years ago

This polar vortex is really fecking me. Pretty sure my LE is in town, but can't be delivered because of the cold (-37 air temp). Postal service even shut down.

#2954 5 years ago

I’ll be more than happy to accept an early LE here in AZ. High today of 76. Then we can trade when my “non-matching” LE arrives!

#2955 5 years ago
Quoted from Parzival:

This polar vortex is really fecking me. Pretty sure my LE is in town, but can't be delivered because of the cold (-37 air temp). Postal service even shut down.

wow thats cold....

#2956 5 years ago
Quoted from Parzival:

Holy shit that sucks.. here's hoping it's staying somewhat warm

#2957 5 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

There hardware and electronics are rock solid also.

Had all originals.... sold them and bought all remakes.

I just ordered a MBR le and this is what matter most to me. How is the hardware stability? most people that have purchased a Chicago remake game hows it been? they all seem really solid form what I have read. That giant mega light pcb underneath scares me hope that thing never goes out.

#2958 5 years ago
Quoted from mummite:

How is the hardware stability? most people that have purchased a Chicago remake game hows it been?

Before you read further, bear in mind I do tech support for them.

I've had all three since they were released. In commercial use.

MMR - One pop bumper bracket broke.
AFMR - When set up LCD screen didn't work, reseated cable in head fixed it no problems since. Had early PIC that CGC helped customers with.
MBR - When set up one connector in topper speaker came loose in shipping.

That has been the issues so far. And normal playfield cleaning.

LTG : )

#2959 5 years ago
Quoted from mummite:

That giant mega light pcb underneath scares me hope that thing never goes out.

Even if it does its very repairable.

#2960 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Before you read further, bear in mind I do tech support for them.

well that sealed the deal best support I could ask for!

Thanks for the info

#2961 5 years ago

I got LE MMR and AFMR and waiting for tri-match MBR.

Games have been super reliable, only had a scoop issue with AFMR that needed adjustment but the games have been super solid

#2962 5 years ago

Have any of you guys that have split decals submitted a ticket to CGC regarding that issue? I contacted my distributor, that is what he instructed me to do. I did so on Monday, but haven't heard anything back. Just curious if anyone else is in the same boat. I'm not sure what to expect from them response time-wise.

#2963 5 years ago
Quoted from Mdanielb:

Have any of you guys that have split decals submitted a ticket to CGC regarding that issue? I contacted my distributor, that is what he instructed me to do. I did so on Monday, but haven't heard anything back. Just curious if anyone else is in the same boat. I'm not sure what to expect from them response time-wise.

I just looked at my MBr SE. The right corner is split. Not going to worry about it.

#2964 5 years ago
Quoted from Mdanielb:

From my experience CGC offers great customer support when it comes to technical issues, play field mechs, plastics, etc....when I had issues with my AFMRLE decals CGC's solution was to send new decals, which does nothing for me as its a total pain in the ass to change them out.....it will be interesting to see what their response is now, but I suspect it will be similar...

#2965 5 years ago

On my afmrle it was getting worse over the Time.the Crack wanders to the bottom. I think the only thing that will work is to cut that Part or install new decals.

T

#2966 5 years ago

I would be content with new decals. I might not change them immediately, but cosmetic issues like this flaw on a brand new game is a distraction for me. The rest of the game is so stunningly spectacular, it's like that little crack in the art work is emitting flashing neon light. My eye is immediately drawn to it.

#2967 5 years ago

My AFMrLE has the exact same size, shape crack on the same side, in the same place. It's uncanny. The black on AFM would be so easy to match, just a thin line of black paint would completely hide the crack. You would never know it's there, as long as it doesn't get worse at all.

#2968 5 years ago

Here are two other examples to Demonstrante how worse it can Go

3625A2DA-506D-4242-B556-60DF44B8DD7E (resized).jpeg3625A2DA-506D-4242-B556-60DF44B8DD7E (resized).jpeg52AE9353-C739-4A6A-874D-9B077CF5E4C6 (resized).png52AE9353-C739-4A6A-874D-9B077CF5E4C6 (resized).png
#2969 5 years ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

Here are two other examples to Demonstrante how worse it can Go[quoted image][quoted image]

wow those are a lot worse than mine....I have a small hairline crack on the right side, but it doesn't seem to be getting worse

#2970 5 years ago

Sounds like those spots need extra mylar put over them to prevent it from spreading? Or would that even help?

#2971 5 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Sounds like those spots need extra mylar put over them to prevent it from spreading? Or would that even help?

Wouldn’t help. The decals can’t be wrapped around the corners when they’re installed - there’s no room for the unavoidable cabinet movement. Only way you can stop it looking bad like in the above photos, is to cut the decal down the corner to allow an expansion joint. It’s like an expansion joint in concrete. If you don’t have one it cracks with normal expansion and contraction.

But if you cut the decal it will show a white line when you do.

#2972 5 years ago

Could maybe cut it, peel the edges back fill the 'crack' with black, and glue the edges back down maybe.

#2973 5 years ago
Quoted from Mdanielb:

Have any of you guys that have split decals submitted a ticket to CGC regarding that issue?

While not like some of you are experiencing, I did have an issue with my decal. I never did submit a ticket at CGC.

The left edge of my side art was peeling back, about 1-inch below the lock down bar.

I posted here (post #1520) to see if anyone else had an issue.

I was contacted via PM by Doug Duba to which I PM'd him back.

A few hours later (on a Saturday late afternoon California time) Doug called me at home to discuss the issue. I explained and told him I had pushed the side art back down with the blunt edge of a razor blade and would let him know how that worked out. I also put on flipper button "half-moon" shaped plastic protectors. The protectors kept any hands from rubbing that area directly when playing a game.

Had several people play the game over Christmas and the decal stayed stuck. So I emailed Doug that I considered the issue solved and that I required no further assistance. He thanked me in an email reply.

So I can say that in my experience, CGC's customer service is great!

Robert

#2974 5 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I considered that when I had my decal issue, but to date haven't done so.

I think that much of the damage "SIRLONZELOT" is seeing could have been mediated by installing mylar in that area.

That area of the cabinet, if the decal becomes separated and somewhat lifted, gets a lot of hands rubbing so any defect gets worse fast.

I put on flipper button "half-moon" shaped plastic protectors and that helped keep my hands away from the edge of the cabinet. I do wish that they extended back a bit more, all the way to the back edge of the cabinet. I may make a bigger set myself, to better protect that edge/interface.

If it's cabinet joint shifting that is causing the crack in the decal, then mylar won't stop the cracking, but I think will better keep the decal split from becoming lifted and then damaged further by hand movement.

If it happens to you new machine, I understand one's frustration.

Robert

#2975 5 years ago

we need more videos of this game in action.....

#2976 5 years ago

Wonder what would happen if you took a razor carefully right down the corner of the cabinet so it could not pull.

#2977 5 years ago

Does anyone know if CGC is working on a resolution at the manufacturing level to prevent this decal splitting?

#2978 5 years ago

I played my LE like 50 times today and it totally kicked my ass

#2979 5 years ago

My afmr is the same way but is anyone elses popbumpers kind of unresponsive

#2980 5 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

I played my LE like 50 times today and it totally kicked my ass

I expect mine to do the same to me daily (when it gets here)

#2981 5 years ago

MBRLE has been sitting in the local terminal since Monday and scheduled for delivery Friday... Can't wait.

#2982 5 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

My afmr is the same way but is anyone elses popbumpers kind of unresponsive

Adjust the leaf blade switches under them better. Clean them first, put a piece of paper between them and gently hold them closed and pull the paper out. The long top one with the plastic spoon should be centered and just resting on the plastic rod coming down through the playfield from the pop bumper skirt, not pushing it up. The shorter lower one close enough so any ball hit registers it, yet vibration from flippers, etc. doesn't.

A little tweaking and you'll get them a lot better.

#2983 5 years ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

I considered that when I had my decal issue, but to date haven't done so.
I think that much of the damage "SIRLONZELOT" is seeing could have been mediated by installing mylar in that area.
That area of the cabinet, if the decal becomes separated and somewhat lifted, gets a lot of hands rubbing so any defect gets worse fast.
I put on flipper button "half-moon" shaped plastic protectors and that helped keep my hands away from the edge of the cabinet. I do wish that they extended back a bit more, all the way to the back edge of the cabinet. I may make a bigger set myself, to better protect that edge/interface.
If it's cabinet joint shifting that is causing the crack in the decal, then mylar won't stop the cracking, but I think will better keep the decal split from becoming lifted and then damaged further by hand movement.
If it happens to you new machine, I understand one's frustration.
Robert

As we Seen here it already Happens out of the Box. So there is no mylar needed.

The Solution is really so simple, dont stick around the corners.

If you Look, all other manufacturs did it this way

#2984 5 years ago

"If anyone is interested in a set of target decals, flipper bat decals and a key fob PM me. I'll give you a decent price. Not selling individually."

Sold

#2985 5 years ago

I know many of us are waiting...I’ve read every comment. I too am waiting but I have faith that I will be happy with the final product. I have been extremely happy with the other two remakes....I’m sure this one won’t let me down.
While we/I wait....sorry for bringing it up, but when does CGC announce what remake they are doing next? Just curious as to what it may be. Trying to distract myself while I wait for my MBLE

#2986 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Adjust the leaf blade switches under them better. Clean them first, put a piece of paper between them and gently hold them closed and pull the paper out. The long top one with the plastic spoon should be centered and just resting on the plastic rod coming down through the playfield from the pop bumper skirt, not pushing it up. The shorter lower one close enough so any ball hit registers it, yet vibration from flippers, etc. doesn't.
A little tweaking and you'll get them a lot better.

Ive adjusted them before but it can be a pain lol

#2987 5 years ago

We had our first tournament on Monster Bash SE last night. We had a great turn out and first place took home $126.

The light show is amazing. I actually had 2 people (both experienced players) ask if the LED on the scoop was a mod I added. Great job CGC!

Out of the box we had one broken switch (#65). A quick phone call and a new switch was in the mail same day. It was an easy fix and the game is performing perfectly. It has about 300 plays now.

Only adjustments are flippers -8 and ball save 1.

The scoop protector is pretty beat up but it doesn't bother me a bit. It is doing it's job and if it ever gets REALLY beat up I'll just get a new one.

My favorite part is definitely creature. I've played many originals and creature was either missing or the insert was so beat up you couldn't see him.

Here is a super short video of third place playing. https://vimeo.com/314522613

#2988 5 years ago
Quoted from LoganJK:

Here is a super short video of third place playing. https://vimeo.com/314522613

Looks great! Like you I like to play in the dark. The flipper area doesn't seem well lit. Any issues seeing the ball?

#2989 5 years ago

I just got my monsterbash last week but i dont think it has the new code as when i installed the custom logo it didn't retain. Anyone got the link for the code

#2990 5 years ago

MBr LE #659 has landed, and it is gorgeous! My decals don't look like they have been wrapped around the corner. CGC makes a hell of a game

#2991 5 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

I just got my monsterbash last week but i dont think it has the new code as when i installed the custom logo it didn't retain. Anyone got the link for the code

Should be on the Cgc website.

#2992 5 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Should be on the Cgc website.

Its hidden i found it at the bottom of the game details page. Figured itd been under the support tab

#2993 5 years ago
Quoted from netman63129:

Looks great! Like you I like to play in the dark. The flipper area doesn't seem well lit. Any issues seeing the ball?

Buy a Lermods RGB trough lighting kit to assist with that...

#2994 5 years ago

#795 finally showed up today and again I’m blown away with the overall craftsmanship Chicago Gaming has put into this game. I’ve had 2 very nice MB in the past and this is a very high quality game. All the extras they added to the LE is to me worth it after playing it. 5 or so yrs ago I would have said these remakes will be a joke, well I have all 3 and they are clearly not. Anyways I’m happy.

3977BD66-9FD5-428A-B708-16A22A5533F7 (resized).jpeg3977BD66-9FD5-428A-B708-16A22A5533F7 (resized).jpeg
#2995 5 years ago
Quoted from ctozzi:

#795 finally showed up

If I didn’t say I was jealous, I would be a lying sack of flaming shit... sitting on your doorstep, hoping you will invite me in for a Pepsi and some cookies and a casual, cut throat game of Monster Bash... she looks like the Queen of the Prom. Very happy for you... but it’s the honeymoon dude, shouldn’t she be in the front room where you can have her all to yourself? It drives the other machines bat shit crazy...

#2996 5 years ago
Quoted from ctozzi:

#795 finally showed up today and again I’m blown away with the overall craftsmanship Chicago Gaming has put into this game. I’ve had 2 very nice MB in the past and this is a very high quality game. All the extras they added to the LE is to me worth it after playing it. 5 or so yrs ago I would have said these remakes will be a joke, well I have all 3 and they are clearly not. Anyways I’m happy.[quoted image]

Great Collection, mbr Looks Dark compared to the Others. I think i will Add some spotlights to Mine when it arrives

#2997 5 years ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

Great Collection, mbr Looks Dark compared to the Others. I think i will Add some spotlights to Mine when it arrives

His MMR has pin stadium lights on it.

#2998 5 years ago

Yep MMR should be the darkest of the three

#2999 5 years ago

I seriously don't think it is dark at all. Hell, on AC/DC I wish there was a 'back in black mode' where it is just the blue lights like it has it during the song select. I play in dark rooms and have no problem seeing these things.

#3000 5 years ago

I think a certain non stop marketing has convinced many people that their games are too dark.

Pinballs were never meant to be super bright, as ambience is one of the things that draws people to pinball machines.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
Various novelties
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lafayette, LA
$ 210.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
Decorations
£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods
Decals
$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room
Decorations
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Mt. Juliet, TN
Machine - For Sale
Shepherdsville, KY
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Fuzz
Decals
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 24.99
Playfield - Plastics
Pinhead mods
Plastics
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Greeley, CO
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
Decals
$ 12.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp
Decals
$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
Various novelties
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room
Decorations
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 9,324 posts in this topic. You are on page 60 of 187.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monster-bash-remake-mbr-owners-club/page/60?hl=wizwiggy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.