(Topic ID: 222461)

Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)

By MrSanRamon

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 9,330 posts
  • 732 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 26 hours ago by Dashmonster
  • Topic is favorited by 277 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)”

• I'm in on a CE 77 votes
    9%
  • I'm in on a SE 172 votes
    21%
  • I'm in on a LE 396 votes
    48%
  • I'm out for now 182 votes
    22%

(827 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

wire switch 2 (resized).jpg
R orbit switch (resized).jpg
IMG_4951 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4943 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0464 (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
IMG_3190 (resized).jpeg
Wolfman (resized).jpg
IMG_2467 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4014 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231111_165525077 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20231112-165133 (resized).png
20231110_123120 (resized).jpg
20231105_122730 (resized).jpg
94B393B7-CB09-4AFB-A166-CF0EC7F7F9A0 (resized).jpeg
3D150F78-A1C1-4B31-A9FA-00031163D7C1 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 9,330 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 187.
#201 5 years ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

oh-hoh! You read everything on these forums, eh?
Yes, to the coop it shall go.

Glad to hear that! Now I don’t need to buy one myself!

I picked up an AFMr SE last weekend. Sits nicely next to my TSPP and SP. And to think I thought I’d only own one machine. Couldn’t get enough of Steve’s. I’ve been telling him he needs to get a MMr at some point. If he doesn’t, I think I will.

#202 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Classic is tempting me. Topper and lock down bar look awfull but that;'s not my bag and I guess the more easy monies they get form that crowd the better.

What about the graphics on the SE?

Robert

#203 5 years ago

I’m tempted for a classic as well. I’d pick it up and then consider a color chip.

#204 5 years ago

Dumb question? But is the "LE" really a "Limited Edition"? How many are they making? I mean if they made 1500 vs. 2500 does that really matter these days? Is LE more of a marketing thing since the manufacturers are making the games now in such a way that if you are ready/able to spend several thousand dollars on a pinball machine, why not make as many as the market demands. Do they produce "LE" models to drive that market? IE, I better buy the most expensive one, so I don't miss out. Just curious how many the MFG is making, as I've not seen on their website how many of the LE's they are making.

Don't get me wrong, I'm very seriously considering buying an LE, just trying to understand the way these games are being brought to market these days. And really, at the end of the day, I don't care if I get number 759 vs. 1029 (although I guess if you got #666 that might be interesting LOL). I don't think the actual number you get on the LE changes the value does it?

Just trying to get more information to make an informed purchase.

#205 5 years ago

LE ordered. Cannot wait!!

#206 5 years ago

If I buy I'm leaning towards the classic.

#207 5 years ago
Quoted from indybru:

If I buy I'm leaning towards the classic.

Saving 2k over a LE is a lot of cash!

#208 5 years ago
Quoted from BryanBPH:

Dumb question? But is the "LE" really a "Limited Edition"? How many are they making? I mean if they made 1500 vs. 2500 does that really matter these days? Is LE more of a marketing thing since the manufacturers are making the games now in such a way that if you are ready/able to spend several thousand dollars on a pinball machine, why not make as many as the market demands. Do they produce "LE" models to drive that market? IE, I better buy the most expensive one, so I don't miss out. Just curious how many the MFG is making, as I've not seen on their website how many of the LE's they are making.
Don't get me wrong, I'm very seriously considering buying an LE, just trying to understand the way these games are being brought to market these days. And really, at the end of the day, I don't care if I get number 759 vs. 1029 (although I guess if you got #666 that might be interesting LOL). I don't think the actual number you get on the LE changes the value does it?
Just trying to get more information to make an informed purchase.

The number of Limited Edition games being made for MBR is 1250

#209 5 years ago

First pin ever and entering with a bang, plunked down the deposit for an LE. What's the next step, should I expect to hear something from the distributor?

#210 5 years ago
Quoted from BryanBPH:

Dumb question? But is the "LE" really a "Limited Edition"?

No, and the best joke I have heard about LEs (in regard to Jersey Jack’s multiple editions of Hobbit and WOZ (which several people have insisted is about to be refreshed as a “Yellow Brick Road” LE)) is that LE really means “latest edition.”

But i’m In on MBr LE anyway!

#211 5 years ago

We were contemplating a DP Pro when the wife saw the MBrLE at Expo, that sealed the deal. We both have dreamed of owning an original, but as someone who appreciates the update in technology, we jumped onboard and pulled the trigger. The improved graphics resolution and redraw/reanimation is pretty spot on. The new RGB GI lighting is beautiful, and the game played just like a MB, shot for shot. Don’t walk, run to your distributor and drop $8k.

#212 5 years ago

Deposit made on LE. SUPER excited!!
Will be even more excited when The Munsters is sitting next to it!

#213 5 years ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

Weird turn of events....... for me. Whilst talking to my wife, who isn't as big into pinball as I am, she found out about the remake and said "huh..... that's a price I would pay". 1 day later she said "yeah.... I'd like to own that someday". One day later she said "I bet we could buy that sooner than later"..... and move to today she said "Let's see if we can buy it now!"
Crazy turn of events. One thing leads to another, we made the purchase on a Monster Bash SE just now. Why SE? We care about just a few things with this new machine; color DMD, color changing LEDs, good-sounding speakers. The SE has all of that. While the LE is nice, it doesn't have all the other stuff we really care about, so the SE it is.
Part of the club!

Also blessed with a wife who supports my pinball habit. Congratulations, and enjoy!

#214 5 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Make friends with someone with a native status card. I just found out my friend has one. I'll be using it for all my future nib pins. 5% tax

It's only 5% in Alberta to.
Move here or get someone you know here to get it and forward it to you.

#215 5 years ago

I just love the display graphics...even though I almost never watch them while playing...

Robert

mb-screen-att_logo_20_rgb (resized).jpgmb-screen-att_logo_20_rgb (resized).jpg

mb-screen-stills_01_rgb (resized).jpgmb-screen-stills_01_rgb (resized).jpg

mb-screen-wf2_AB_01_rgb (resized).jpgmb-screen-wf2_AB_01_rgb (resized).jpg

mb-screen-mummy_mh_11_rgb (resized).jpgmb-screen-mummy_mh_11_rgb (resized).jpg

mb-screen-mummy_mh2_08_rgb (resized).jpgmb-screen-mummy_mh2_08_rgb (resized).jpg

mb-screen-frank_mb_09_rgb (resized).jpgmb-screen-frank_mb_09_rgb (resized).jpg

mb-screen-frank_59_rgb (resized).jpgmb-screen-frank_59_rgb (resized).jpg

mb-screen-frank_154_rgb (resized).jpgmb-screen-frank_154_rgb (resized).jpg

mb-screen-drac_st_37_rgb (resized).jpgmb-screen-drac_st_37_rgb (resized).jpg

mb-screen-cfbl1_09_rgb (resized).jpgmb-screen-cfbl1_09_rgb (resized).jpg

mb-screen-cf2_02_rgb (resized).jpgmb-screen-cf2_02_rgb (resized).jpg

#216 5 years ago

More pics (SE)...still in on an LE myself, though a SE would be a good choice too.

Robert

00dc8297ac6370f0ebb7b8b99472e1ff5e3f45e3.jpeg (resized).jpg00dc8297ac6370f0ebb7b8b99472e1ff5e3f45e3.jpeg (resized).jpg

7bae1934ab11aecf83b95e01a14dbcfc48a516ec (resized).jpeg7bae1934ab11aecf83b95e01a14dbcfc48a516ec (resized).jpeg

b2ef5df4bb8e39e5f6882fd025d6106951a9af44 (resized).jpegb2ef5df4bb8e39e5f6882fd025d6106951a9af44 (resized).jpeg

#217 5 years ago

I know that MB is not the most difficult game to get to the wizard mode. But you can't get there every time you play, at least I can't, so I find it a fun game to play.

I'm looking forward to getting it set up and then having the grand-kids over to play it. Hopefully they will find it fun enough to get them playing a game or two for more than 5 minutes which is their usual MO.

I've had a lot of games that I thought that they would like and play...so far NBA Fastbreak, Slugfest and NGG hold the record for the number of plays before they get bored...with Hook and Revenge From Mars coming up next.

So for me, fun is a more important attribute than depth/difficulty. I'm hoping that MBr is that for the grand-kids too.

Robert

#218 5 years ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

More pics (SE)...still in on an LE myself, though a SE would be a good choice too.
Robert
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Looks like they forgot the shaker motor in that SE.

#219 5 years ago

I'm in for a LE, my distributor said it could ship as soon as mid November, end of November at the latest.

#220 5 years ago

We’re in. Just ordered an SE!

#221 5 years ago

I'm in for the LE..(ordered) Even
the Warranty ain't bad along with the rest of the upgrades.
Electronics 24 Months
Mechanical and Other Components 12 Months

#222 5 years ago
Quoted from SkaterVet:

Looks like they forgot the shaker motor in that SE

Other than the bling items, the only difference between the LE & the SE is the shaker.

Robert

#223 5 years ago
Quoted from Higloss67:

We’re in. Just ordered an SE!

That's a great choice...you can add a shaker later if you want.

(http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PPS-SHAKER-REMAKE)

Robert

#224 5 years ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

Other than the bling items, the only difference between the LE & the SE is the shaker.
Robert

And warranty...

#225 5 years ago
Quoted from Rock914:

And warranty...

Yes, but i was referring to game play. I wasn't very clear with that.

Robert

#226 5 years ago

As of 10/23 @ noon PST:

I'm in on a CE: 1 vote 2%

I'm in on a SE: 6 votes 11%

I'm in on a LE: 41 votes 73%

I'm out for now: 8 votes 14%

(56 votes total)

#227 5 years ago

In on an LE

#228 5 years ago

Serious question, is there any reason to believe I can't get an LE say by Feb or March of next year? And if the LE's actually do sell out that fast, wouldn't there be plenty of SE versions at that time?

#229 5 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

wouldn't there be plenty of SE versions at that time?

Yes

#230 5 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

Serious question, is there any reason to believe I can't get an LE say by Feb or March of next year? And if the LE's actually do sell out that fast, wouldn't there be plenty of SE versions at that time?

We need a sticky on these forums that reads, "LEs for MBrs will be around for some time - no reason to freak the F out".

250 MORE than AFM (which is the more popular game) and those JUST sold out. You're going to be fine.

#231 5 years ago

I've been on the pre-pre-order list with my distributor since September and I paid my deposit for an LE today. I'm very excited to have this pin in my collection to round out the Holy Trinity of MM-AFM-MB awesomeness. For now I will obsessively play MB on my Xbox One and attempt to wait patiently

#232 5 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

Only the LE's are limited in manufacturing quantity at 1250, which is a lot. But there is no reason to believe that they will actually make all 1250 (now), if demand doesn't warrant it.

The 1250 LE number is also a lot, due to the CE's & SE's versions being made with no limit to their production noted at present.

CGC currently has a number of parts that will take them thru their current production plan, and I have no idea what that number is. It maybe something like 2000 (a guess) units, in a combination of LE, SE & CE machines. They will have a sales projection based on MMr & AFMr sales history and pre-orders from their dealers and that first batch of parts number will be based on that.

As sales start to reach that XXXX number, then they will order another batch of parts. I would surmise that production batches would be on the order of 250 units combined, with the breakout of each based on the first batch mix.

I'm sure that there is a practical limit to SE & CE production, as in they won't run out and then make 25 more, then 15 more, etc. When orders start to diminish, whatever block they are currently making will probably be the end of production.

Anyway, I believe that there will be MBr's available for quite awhile, in every configuration.

Robert

#233 5 years ago

re. the poll, I ordered my LE the night they were introduced in Chicago. No reason to wait and risk not getting my serial number and a NIB game.

#234 5 years ago
Quoted from arcadem:

No reason to wait and risk not getting my serial number and a NIB game.

According to my dealer, the owner serial number thing is still in effect.

Not sure how long one has to order and still get their number, but the lower numbers would be most vulnerable.

Robert

#235 5 years ago

Just voted for a CE, a nib mbR at $6k is hard to pass up. By the time I’m done with the game, it will look like an LE and we will have mods available to improve aesthetics so others can benefit too.

#236 5 years ago

I'm in for LE #113 to match my AFMLE

FWIW, PPS told me these were selling at a much faster pace than the AFMLEs were. So it was probably a good move for them to add 250 units to the run. Still, I'll bet there are still LEs available a year from now. The real urgency is just for the people wanting the matching numbers.

#237 5 years ago

As of 10/23 @ 2:30 pm PST:

I'm in on a CE: 1 vote 1%

I'm in on a SE: 6 votes 9%

I'm in on a LE: 50 votes 75%

I'm out for now: 10 votes 15%

(67 votes total)

#238 5 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Just voted for a CE, a nib mbR at $6k is hard to pass up.

I agree, and saving $2 grand (over the LE) is nothing to sneeze at.

Robert

#239 5 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

By the time I’m done with the game, it will look like an LE and we will have mods available to improve aesthetics

Looking forward to what you come up with.

Robert

#240 5 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

st voted for a CE, a nib mbR at $6k is hard to pass up

Also, I remember when rebuilt MB's were as high as $15k...now a new equivalent MBr (CE) is $9k less.

Robert

#241 5 years ago

LE ordered on my end, super excited to have a MB in this condition back in the collection, plus I got a matching # to my AFMLe

#242 5 years ago

I find it interesting that most of the Pinsider's posting in this thread have many years already in the hobby.

So maybe the primary market for this, is the nostalgic seasoned hobbyist. And maybe it has less appeal to the newer players that lack the soft nostalgia for the pin? I'm still in <1 yr. But own 4 pins now.

I've been in on the LE. Just having second thoughts, comparing it to other pins. And rumors of pins/companies coming next year. Is this the one_ I want. Or maybe a jjPOTC. Or a magic girl.

Kinda grinding over this for 2 days now.

#243 5 years ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

I find it interesting that most of the Pinsider's posting in this thread have many years already in the hobby.
So maybe the primary market for this, is the nostalgic seasoned hobbyist. And maybe it has less appeal to the newer players that lack the soft nostalgia for the pin? I'm still in &lt;1 yr. But own 4 pins now.
I've been in on the LE. Just having second thoughts, comparing it to other pins. And rumors of pins/companies coming next year. Is this the one_ I want. Or maybe a jjPOTC. Or a magic girl.

I highly doubt you'll be disappointed.....MB is a very fun pin....I put about 50 games on my buddies pin (fully restored original MB), and its always been my favorite of all time. He has about 40 high end pins in his collection, and this has always been my fav. The new and improved MBRLE will only be better. I can't wait to get this in the house.

#244 5 years ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

So maybe the primary market for this, is the nostalgic seasoned hobbyist. And maybe it has less appeal to the newer players that lack the soft nostalgia for the pin? I'm still in &lt;1 yr. But own 4 pins now.

I owned a beautiful original back in the day lol.
I regretted selling it the day I sold it.
Now with the new upgrades to it an LE is a no brainer for me.

#245 5 years ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

Looks like you are into newer games for now which is all good. As time rolls on you may go further back and never return or come back to a timeless fav like this one.
That’s pinball.
Enjoy your game! MB is a really approachable game for all.

#246 5 years ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

Well it makes sense because it's an older game we've all played a million times.

Quoted from OnTheSnap:

I've been in on the LE. Just having second thoughts, comparing it to other pins. And rumors of pins/companies coming next year.

LE is personal pref, you're paying for dolls and all yada yada...one thing not many people will dispute is Monster Bash is just a super fucking fun game. Made at the end of W/B era the dots, themes, and sounds are some of the best ever (and they weren't colored then) and the layout, rules, everything is a great time. Mini Wizard Mode, Wizard mode, Multi balls, replay animation...it's just all gold.
There's a lot of talk of it being too easy and it is what it is...some people play game just to "beat them," a that's a pathetic player right there.

#247 5 years ago

Just curious, where did you guys read it costs 6.000USD delivered? Can't find anything on the net, so Google is wrong, or there are some peeps talking ****

#248 5 years ago
Quoted from Gunske:

Just curious, where did you guys read it costs 6.000USD delivered? Can't find anything on the net, so Google is wrong, or there are some peeps talking ****

Prices are supposed to be fixed:

$7999 LE, $7299 SE, and $5999 CE...plus about $300 shipping...in the states.

Robert

#249 5 years ago

Upgraded toys on the SE & LE's.

51d0736a4208d1c97194f3a2a5ba6de0ea757bfc.jpeg (resized).jpg51d0736a4208d1c97194f3a2a5ba6de0ea757bfc.jpeg (resized).jpg

a5906e185cdcb4d9bb1bb35951b80da22c16cc38.jpeg (resized).jpga5906e185cdcb4d9bb1bb35951b80da22c16cc38.jpeg (resized).jpg

c1b1341bf34e4b7ede2e89969fcb6500772f056c.jpeg (resized).jpgc1b1341bf34e4b7ede2e89969fcb6500772f056c.jpeg (resized).jpg

#250 5 years ago

My dealer says that it will be a little while before the LE's are shipped.

Apparently the plan is for CGC to make 150 SE's, then make some LE's, then the CE's & more SE's.

He said that they can make 15 units a day...and he's not sure when the first will start rolling off the line. Someone from Chicago should go see what's up, if possible.

The first LE's made will be the number matching LE's, thankfully I have #34 so mine should be in the first batch made.

He thinks that they may make all the number matching units first, so they don't give out a number to someone else first. Maybe the first run of LE's will just be number matching units, then on to CE's and SE's...then back to LE's.

A lot of speculation at this point. If anyone has any other or better info, please post it.

Thanks.

Robert

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 33.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

12,125 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
St. Paul, MN
Machine - For Sale
Shepherdsville, KY
$ 12.95
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 9,330 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 187.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monster-bash-remake-mbr-owners-club/page/5?hl=konjurer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.