(Topic ID: 222461)

Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)

By MrSanRamon

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 9,324 posts
  • 731 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by KidDynamite
  • Topic is favorited by 277 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)”

• I'm in on a CE 77 votes
    9%
  • I'm in on a SE 172 votes
    21%
  • I'm in on a LE 396 votes
    48%
  • I'm out for now 182 votes
    22%

(827 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

wire switch 2 (resized).jpg
R orbit switch (resized).jpg
IMG_4951 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4943 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0464 (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
IMG_3190 (resized).jpeg
Wolfman (resized).jpg
IMG_2467 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4014 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231111_165525077 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20231112-165133 (resized).png
20231110_123120 (resized).jpg
20231105_122730 (resized).jpg
94B393B7-CB09-4AFB-A166-CF0EC7F7F9A0 (resized).jpeg
3D150F78-A1C1-4B31-A9FA-00031163D7C1 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 9,324 posts in this topic. You are on page 59 of 187.
#2901 5 years ago
Quoted from cheshirefilms:

I know Pingraffix is making interactive blades but

Is this confirmed anywhere? And I assume you are talking about their powerblades right?

#2902 5 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I completely disagree....there are several ways to deal with customers who don't pay in a timely manner....one obvious one is to keep their deposit, and sell to the next guy in line...clearly the distributors can manage this issue....your basically saying the consumer should take all the risk, which is crazy....

Recognize most pinball distributors are not big businesses and fronting 100k+ to secure a single truckload of games so that their rich buyers can hold their money just a few weeks longer is a risk... a risk they really don’t need to take.

You have hundreds of buyers who tripped over themselves to get in line to not miss out. Why put out all that money and stretch things yourself when your customers are that eager and willing?

You guys are your own worst enemies... and then wonder why you don’t get the same graces a push market gets.

#2903 5 years ago

If this cabinet art/decal tear/cabinet joint issue continues when does a pinball maker start thinking that they could save a little money and hassle by hitting them with a couple of stencils and spray bombs? Might be a better, retro, artwork solution than cracking vinyl. Of course it is not being true to OG MB, but I like to think of the possibilities.

Except that I have seen how long it DOESN’T take to decal a new cabinet at Stern, which means the decal method is way faster than stencils and a spray can... labor is king.

#2904 5 years ago

Just to let you know, the table mod does not lower the arms. Kristen said the design was changed because of a fit issue.

#2905 5 years ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

Is this confirmed anywhere? And I assume you are talking about their powerblades right?

Yeah, it's coming. Don't think twice on it. I'd bet on a TPF reveal since they won an award for ARMr powerblades last year. Just not sure at all what they'll look like. Decided, for my part, to go with the sillyoldelf design instead of waiting.

Of course, if they really blow me away, I reserve my right to change my mind.
I don't plan to install them till the show anyways-
But if all we get is an electrified version of what came before- the torch and pitchfork design- no thanks I'll pass...

#2906 5 years ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

I decided to put my money elsewhere and asked my distro for my deposit back, he said no problem

1st day I'm actually 2nd guessing myself...can't come up with any 1 reason...just a un-ez feeling as a whole today...combination of things? dun' know...weird.

#2907 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

NIB split? That one hurts the worse. What did they do about this in the past?

For my AFMr (split on both sides in same place) they sent me replacement decals. Presume that's the best outcome you're gonna get.

Cabinet was fine, went over the splits with a fine tipped black paint marker... looked good after that and never got worse. NO way I'd go through the trouble of putting on new decals to address a small tear.

#2908 5 years ago
Quoted from ShinyBall:

1st day I'm actually 2nd guessing myself...can't come up with any 1 reason...just a un-ez feeling as a whole today...combination of things? dun' know...weird.

Have you seen a MBR in person and played one? It is totally awesome in every way. No reason to 2nd guess yourself because this game is super sweet! Stunning would be a good word to describe it i suppose.

#2909 5 years ago

Thanks Who-Dey

#2910 5 years ago

Yw and im not just saying it to make you feel better. I seen this game at the Cincinnati pinball show and it stole the show. Probably the best looking pinball machine ive ever seen and it plays fun as hell. This game is top notch shiny. You wont be disappointed I guarantee it.

#2911 5 years ago

I saw one in person over the weekend and had a chance to play it. The thing is beautiful and plays great. I can't really say if it plays like the old ones as it's been years since I've played one.

#2912 5 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I saw one in person over the weekend and had a chance to play it. The thing is beautiful and plays great. I can't really say if it plays like the old ones as it's been years since I've played one.

It plays a hell of a lot better than the original. Thats right i said it!

#2913 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

It plays a hell of a lot better than the original. Thats right i said it!

And I will second it... the experience is way better on the remake. I can see anyone that paid the expense of a flawless original, or someone who paid the cost to restore a beat to death original back to collector quality, or those who have had a HUO machine from day one are the ones saying the original is the only way to have a “true” MB experience. I can see why they would say that. They are invested, in either money or time or both. But there is just a little too much “New” going on in MBrLE- A whole new machine (not 20 years old), the new redrawn animations, new RGB GI light show, bigger color display, the excellently sculpted and lit topper- PLUS all the original call outs, and all the original fun. I figure being 20 years younger means I will be looking for 20 year old parts and not 40 year old parts to fix it when it breaks down 20 years from now, but I also suspect I might be dead by then. Ymmv

#2914 5 years ago

Yeah, it's coming. Don't think twice on it. I'd bet on a TPF reveal since they won an award for ARMr powerblades last year. Just not sure at all what they'll look like. Decided, for my part, to go with the sillyoldelf design instead of waiting.
Of course, if they really blow me away, I reserve my right to change my mind.
I don't plan to install them till the show anyways-
But if all we get is an electrified version of what came before- the torch and pitchfork design- no thanks I'll pass...

Interesting. I don't mind the their regular pinblades they are cool and lit up they would look pretty nice IMHO. I don't think they are as cool as SOE's which I did order already. Have to wait and see I guess but you are probably right as the AFM pinblades and powerblades are very similar.

#2915 5 years ago

My matching numbered Monster Bash is in route. Though I'm going on business trip.
Fortunately I will have access to pins at location 2 5 days away.

Wife and kids will be sending me selfies of Monster Bash LE and them.
Good to know family will love the game even more than me.

Think I will do a unboxing Video / Photos for just the hell of and document machines state.

Anyone in STL is welcome for unboxing event at my house.

#2916 5 years ago

So I’ve had my machine for about a month now... I play the hell out of it.

I’ll admit, I like to play this game kind of reckless and fast. I’m not spending a ton of time with careful shot placement... only when I absolutely have to. I try to hit the shots quick. It keeps the game fast and a little outa control.

I kind of like this mode of play with this pin.

#2917 5 years ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

Rez also said just over two weeks ago, that he paid CGC EARLY in full. Then just recently complained about them “requesting payment in full”. It doesn’t add up.
Either way, if having 8k tied up for a couple of months is going to make or break you, maybe you shouldn’t be putting that kind of money into luxury items.
There are hundreds of unique parts on monster bash, all with their own supply chain issues that can’t always be predicted.
Then there is labor required to assemble them which can be estimated, but not predicted. Around this time of year people take holiday PTO, it’s flu season, etc..
Big picture we aren’t talking about a major fiasco like some other manufacturers, and CGC isn’t big enough to front all the R&D and inventory up front like stern can.
It’s annoying to me that we have an amazing remake available to purchase that is head and shoulders above the original, for a reasonable price.. and many of you are complaining about having to wait a few weeks longer than you expected.
Could be, you have to explain to your wife that your 8500 Lebowski or Alien is never coming.. keep it in perspective, and be thankful we have companies making new games for us to buy, recognizing that “pinball is hard.”

You're missing the point. The 8 grand tied up for a couple months is not going to make or break me. The money has been tied up since the day I ordered the game. But maybe I'm just a little old school in the sense that let me worry about my money being tied up. I don't need a company grabbing it and holding onto it before my damn game is made. I wouldn't even give a company like amazon 100 bucks for something that isn't made yet or would take 3 months let alone 8300 goddamn dollars. My distributor messed up and took my money with good intentions but its still a mess up which with that they won't be receiving my business again. That's just my bottom line.. I'm well aware of the TBL and Alien situations so maybe that's why this adds to my frustration because yes CGC will be 99% likely to get my game to me. But I don't have it now and don't know where I'm at with it and that's why I'd rather have my 8300 locked away in a coin door waiting until its ACTUALLY ready.

#2918 5 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I really don't understand the comments about code, deep games, etc....some of the games are so ridiculous with code that their really not that fun to play....what makes MM, MB, AFM, Met so great (and highly rated) is that the games are very challenging, yet the code is easy to explain and understand for kids, adults, experts, and novice players.....

What, you don't like having a book this fucking big next to your game so you can read a novel in between balls?istockphoto-172858783-612x612 (resized).jpgistockphoto-172858783-612x612 (resized).jpg

I like reading 4-5 words on the DMD that tells me what to do and just enjoying a simple yet fun game. I don't need a book as thick as War and Peace to have fun on a pinball machine. In fact, looking at the top 3 of Pinside's subjective Top 100...........

Summarized in 5 words: Simple and fun to play.

#2919 5 years ago

I was able to put some games on a LE last week at a local brewery and the game is frickin amazing! For once the flippers were aligned properly and had good power. The only con for me on this particular machine was the occasional cheap SDTM drains from the concert hall scoop and when coming off the right loop it hit the Dracula figure and caused to many SDTM’s too, plus a really tight tilt. I don’t remember any interference from the Dracula figure when hidden in the original or on TPA so I’msure this can be adjusted. Overall, I was really impressed.

#2920 5 years ago
Quoted from vwallat99:

You're missing the point. The 8 grand tied up for a couple months is not going to make or break me. The money has been tied up since the day I ordered the game. But maybe I'm just a little old school in the sense that let me worry about my money being tied up. I don't a company grabbing it and holding onto it before my damn game is made. I wouldn't even give a company like amazon 100 bucks for something that isn't made yet or would take 3 months let alone 8300 goddamn dollars. My distributor messed up and took my money with good intentions but its still a mess up which with that they won't be receiving my business again. That's just my bottom line.. I'm well aware of the TBL and Alien situations so maybe that's why this adds to my frustration because yes CGC will be 99% likely to get my game to me. But I don't have it now and don't know where I'm at with it and that's why I'd rather have my 8300 locked away in a coin door waiting until its ACTUALLY ready.

you mean your not happy financing CGC's manufacturing process? Did you request a refund? a few on here think it makes perfect business sense....clearly they didn't attend business school...

#2921 5 years ago
Quoted from Nytewatch33:

So I'm having second thoughts again....If you were me (and particularly for those that own either The hobbit or Pirates) would you choose one of those pins instead as your only pin? There are so many modes on both that could keep me occupied for a long time. But I also know my wife loves to bash the ball around without really paying attention to the rules. Still, this is 90% for me, and she will only play occasionally. Thoughts?

I have a Hobbit, MMRLE, LOTR, and TSPP, all family friendly pins and most seem to gravitate towards TH, which is visually and audibly stunning. The many multi-balls and 4 beasts popping up from the playfield also helps. I would probably recommend that one if I could only have one. If I was selfish, I would keep just my TSPP, which is still my first and favorite machine. Although, I have not yet received my MBRLE so I could change my mind

#2922 5 years ago
Quoted from netman63129:

TSPP, which is still my first and favorite machine

Ive always thought TSPP would be a good compliment to sit next to my Family Guy, both have deep rules, and FGy can be made family friendly, but lets just say Ipecac Contest stacked on Crazy Chris stacked on Happy Hour stacked on Stewie Multiball... the machine is a walking trigger alert... “Somebody hold my ears...” and a lot of fun. Not such a Family Friendly machine for being named Family Guy, but it does have a “Family mode” adjustment that knocks back the black humor. MBr has the similar adjustment to dial back the innuendo as well. Every TSPP I know of is in the collection of a good player and most have a boat anchor chained to the coin door, meaning its not going anywhere soon, but it aint bolted to the floor either.

#2923 5 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

you mean your not happy financing CGC's manufacturing process? Did you request a refund? a few on here think it makes perfect business sense....clearly they didn't attend business school...

Why ever would CGC want full payment a little further in advance? It’s not like there are a bunch of flakes putting deposits down.. #sarcasm..

Also, have you ever actually thought about how much money completely fronting all of the builds would be? Yes, Stern does it, but they have had decades to build up cash reserves, and are putting out at least one new game per quarter. The scale of their operation allows them to at this point in their growth. A small business like CGC can’t operate the same way.

You can’t walk into your hometown brewery, ask them to make 11 million dollars in product upfront.. then say “well Anheiser Busch can do it, why can’t you?”

I think it’s perfectly reasonable to compromise in this situation. They have a track record of delivering every game ordered.

For comparison:
10/19/18 - Deposit of $1030 sent while I was at expo for number matching program.
11/29/18 - Dist. asked for payment in full no later than 12/14.
12/10/18 - I sent the wire
1/24/19 - Game arrived

#2924 5 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I guess they never taught Net30 or Net60 at your program?

Someone bringing up 'business school' when we are talking about cash flow because people are angry over a couple week delay? That's rich..

I've found modern business school graduates to be the least customer friendly mindset of anyone... and instead converts to the "Dollar justifies all" church.

MBAs prioritizing bowing to customer whims over deposits.. that's rich.

#2925 5 years ago

Where can i find a good image for the williams logo to rellace the CGC on the screen

#2926 5 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

Where can i find a good image for the williams logo to rellace the CGC on the screen

Compliments of @ricochet, post #1877 on this thread:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monster-bash-remake-mbr-owners-club/page/38#post-4766736

#2927 5 years ago

You make these? Cooool!!!!

#2928 5 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

You make these? Cooool!!!!

Yup... I've got to tweak a couple... (I've got some with a rectangular frame and need to make them rounded so they will look nice in the bezel) and I've some ideas for a few more.

#2929 5 years ago

Does anyone know if phantom flip works with lightning flippers?

#2930 5 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

Does anyone know if phantom flip works with lightning flippers?

Been looking at ways of making this game harder.

Outlanes, very tight tilt, one or no eb's.

Hadn't thought of lightning flippers.

That might be a simple way of adding a ton of longevity to this game.

I can't imagine FT or BSD without lightning flippers - way too easy.

#2931 5 years ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

I decided to put my money elsewhere and asked my distro for my deposit back, he said no problem (Nitro Pinball, thanks Tommy!). I'll put my money into something I know the timeline of rather then sitting here wondering when I'm going to get my game. Maybe I'll get a second hand one for a bit cheaper in a few months. I though it would be a lot closer, but it's looking like March/April, that's way too long of a wait for me.

Same here, at one point, I was going back and forth on MBR or Munsters. The waiting gave me room to take a step back. Plus, I remembered that I had a MB before and lost interest in it. So with a refund on the deposit, I'm free to look around or just wait for something else.

If anyone is interested in a set of target decals, flipper bat decals and a key fob PM me. I'll give you a decent price. Not selling individually.

#2932 5 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Been looking at ways of making this game harder.
Outlanes, very tight tilt, one or no eb's.
Hadn't thought of lightning flippers.
That might be a simple way of adding a ton of longevity to this game.

Default no ball save. Open outlanes. Good luck reaching Monsters of Rock with any regularity then. Lightning flippers would make game ridiculous hard at that point.

#2933 5 years ago

Default no ball save. Open outlanes. Good luck reaching Monsters of Rock with any regularity then. Lightning flippers would make game ridiculous hard at that point.

I did all that plus had it set up 7.0 and limited eb. Game was fast and cld be brutal but still on the easy side but still fun to play.

#2934 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

I did all that plus had it set up 7.0 and limited eb. Game was fast and cld be brutal but still on the easy side but still fun to play.

Of course you could also drop to 6 for crazy side to side/outlane nightmares.

#2935 5 years ago

Default no ball save. Open outlanes. Good luck reaching Monsters of Rock with any regularity then. Lightning flippers would make game ridiculous hard at that point

I'm an average player at best and having owned it for over a month and playing almost daily (over 200 games now), I've have been one shot away from lighting MoR two times. I did add a ball save. Its not the most difficult wizard mode to reach, but it's no way easy either. Back when I had TZ, I got to LITZ much more frequently. I know that's not considered difficult, but just using it as a comparison.

The one trick that gets me close, is to stack your monster modes with Frankenstein multiball. You can't qualify them during that multiball, but you can earn their instruments, if the modes are already going when you start it. However, its just not easy getting them going at the same time.

#2936 5 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

I love the lightning! Got an extra pair ready to go in.

#2937 5 years ago

I put down a deposit back in November and I don't care if i get my game in March, April or May as long as it's stellar when it arrives.....plus I wouldn't have to deal with the Snow!

#2938 5 years ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

plus I wouldn't have to deal with the Snow!

Snow sucks! don't it lol....you also have to wait for the machine to "warm to room temp" before firing it up...least you should.

#2939 5 years ago

Anyone know where they are on producing the LE’s? Still sending out matched number pins? Looking forward to our first remake.

#2940 5 years ago
Quoted from Puckstop:

Anyone know where they are on producing the LE’s? Still sending out matched number pins? Looking forward to our first remake.

CGC said they expect to start shipping being non-matching LEs in Feb and expect to have them finished before March. Everything else will be shipped in March. This is of course if there's no further delays.

#2941 5 years ago
Quoted from Mokthemagicman:

CGC said they expect to start shipping being non-matching LEs in Feb and expect to have them finished before March. Everything else will be shipped in March. This is of course if there's no further delays.

I know of at least 1 matching LE from the 246 that hasn't shipped yet.

#2942 5 years ago

What kind of leg brackets are they using on these machines? Are they the large Bally/Williams style, the tiny Stern style or something else?

Just curious if they are using a smaller style if replacing with the larger ones would help with the decals splitting?

#2943 5 years ago
Quoted from Lamprey:

What kind of leg brackets are they using on these machines? Are they the large Bally/Williams style,

The large Williams style.

LTG : )

#2944 5 years ago

I love this game! I’m an average player and can get to monster bash mini wizard maybe 1 out of 30 or so games? Which is great! Fun to see some deeper content on a more regular basis. Vs say TSPP where I might see alien invasion 1 out of 100+

#2945 5 years ago

All the CGC classics are represented here. MBR just arrived and all are loaded up with white super bands and color dmd

D764A7AA-D28A-4F58-885B-609F1D4AE918 (resized).jpegD764A7AA-D28A-4F58-885B-609F1D4AE918 (resized).jpeg
#2946 5 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

All the CGC classics are represented here. MBR just arrived and all are loaded up with white super bands and color dmd

[quoted image]

Show off!

#2947 5 years ago

Oooooooh ....... don’t get me started T.

#2948 5 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

[quoted image]

Nice to see the classics all together. MBr classic is the best value NIB available in pinball today IMO. Really hard to go wrong.

#2949 5 years ago

There hardware and electronics are rock solid also.

Had all originals.... sold them and bought all remakes.

#2950 5 years ago
Quoted from jbug:

While waiting for my game to ship. I started looking at other games that have been recently released that might make me change my mind about MBR. I checked out a couple of videos of Stern's Munsters game and was impressed. I'd like to play one in person as soon as possible. Like MB, it seems to be a fun game to play. MBR and Munsters are both Universal properties and have the same monsters (more or less). What do you gents think of the reveal of the new Stern game? The guys at SDTM give it a thumbs up overview. I'm going back and forth weighing the 2 games.

It depends on how long you want to wait for finished code.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
Various novelties
12,125 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
St. Paul, MN
$ 210.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
Decorations
£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods
Decals
$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room
Decorations
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Mt. Juliet, TN
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Fuzz
Decals
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 24.99
Playfield - Plastics
Pinhead mods
Plastics
12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Castle Rock, CO
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
Decals
$ 12.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp
Decals
$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
Various novelties
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room
Decorations
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 9,324 posts in this topic. You are on page 59 of 187.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monster-bash-remake-mbr-owners-club/page/59?hl=skatervet and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.