(Topic ID: 222461)

Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)

By MrSanRamon

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 9,330 posts
  • 732 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 23 hours ago by Dashmonster
  • Topic is favorited by 277 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)”

• I'm in on a CE 77 votes
    9%
  • I'm in on a SE 172 votes
    21%
  • I'm in on a LE 396 votes
    48%
  • I'm out for now 182 votes
    22%

(827 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

wire switch 2 (resized).jpg
R orbit switch (resized).jpg
IMG_4951 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4943 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0464 (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
IMG_3190 (resized).jpeg
Wolfman (resized).jpg
IMG_2467 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4014 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231111_165525077 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20231112-165133 (resized).png
20231110_123120 (resized).jpg
20231105_122730 (resized).jpg
94B393B7-CB09-4AFB-A166-CF0EC7F7F9A0 (resized).jpeg
3D150F78-A1C1-4B31-A9FA-00031163D7C1 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 9,330 posts in this topic. You are on page 57 of 187.
#2801 5 years ago

I know this is the dumbest post today.
I have installed all of the Cliffys except the smallest one
Where does it go?
Much thanks.

IMG_1393 (resized).JPGIMG_1393 (resized).JPGIMG_1394 (resized).JPGIMG_1394 (resized).JPG
#2802 5 years ago

For those who are waiting i feel your pain. I'm at the very back of the line and with all these delays and what-not im thinking of getting a deadpool in the meantime. CGC been making playfields too long to be having these issues. Every game they make has at least one assembly stopping issue during production

#2803 5 years ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

For those who are waiting i feel your pain. I'm at the very back of the line and with all these delays and what-not im thinking of getting a deadpool in the meantime. CGC been making playfields too long to be having these issues. Every game they make has at least one assembly stopping issue during production

And when I see the threads about CGC scoop issues I wonder if there's going to be a few more months delay from that as well.

#2804 5 years ago

Would that last Cliffy clip on the outhole/drain?

#2805 5 years ago
Quoted from Jodester:

Would that last Cliffy clip on the outhole/drain?

Pretty sure thats where it goes.

#2806 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

I have been contemplating buying a AFMrLE from PPS (supposedly they had at least one yesterday) and seeing if I could get my MBrLE moved up to a matching status, getting it matched to the AFMrLE which is sitting NIB at PPS. Now that is how bad I have been wanting my MBrLE.

I did this same thing my number matching AFMRLE will be here Wednesday.

#2807 5 years ago

As I am very excited and anxiously waiting for my “non-matching (you suck)” MBrLE, I have learned a valuable lesson. I will NEVER put a deposit down on a game in the future. There will always be games available when they are fully released. It’s too bad that CGC tainted my views on pre-ordering a NIB machine. Oh well. I’ll still love it and be excited whenever it finally gets here.

#2808 5 years ago
Quoted from wolftownjeff:

I know this is the dumbest post today.
I have installed all of the Cliffys except the smallest one
Where does it go?
Much thanks.[quoted image][quoted image]

That protector goes on the front edge of the drain hole.

#2809 5 years ago
Quoted from JFink8222:

As I am very excited and anxiously waiting for my “non-matching (you suck)” MBrLE, I have learned a valuable lesson. I will NEVER put a deposit down on a game in the future. There will always be games available when they are fully released. It’s too bad that CGC tainted my views on pre-ordering a NIB machine. Oh well. I’ll still love it and be excited whenever it finally gets here.

Good thing you didn't start your adventure with Alien or The Big Lebowski..

#2810 5 years ago
Quoted from JFink8222:

Same here, I’m very excited to get my games but I’m done. Between this and ACNC I’m done screwing around with these BS hype trains and will just wait next time..

#2811 5 years ago

Got my MBR SE yesterday.

203ACE14-0EE9-4DB1-BFFF-B937B6F90019 (resized).jpeg203ACE14-0EE9-4DB1-BFFF-B937B6F90019 (resized).jpeg5B5C594A-07A5-4C9E-A35C-91A0FD2F31A7 (resized).jpeg5B5C594A-07A5-4C9E-A35C-91A0FD2F31A7 (resized).jpegA225BA57-84B1-4D36-A699-731B9E6DCD6D (resized).jpegA225BA57-84B1-4D36-A699-731B9E6DCD6D (resized).jpeg
#2812 5 years ago

Doesyour Decal already tear ? Under the siderail at the Front ?

C1E7D4BD-D090-4860-8AC6-0B835853512C (resized).jpegC1E7D4BD-D090-4860-8AC6-0B835853512C (resized).jpeg
#2813 5 years ago

Good catch. I did not see that.

1F392BDA-C781-47D0-B7BC-3DA151A114CE (resized).jpeg1F392BDA-C781-47D0-B7BC-3DA151A114CE (resized).jpeg
#2814 5 years ago

That Sucks, i had the Same with afmrle. Too Bad that they still Stick over the Corner

#2815 5 years ago
Quoted from DJNOEL30:

Same here, I’m very excited to get my games but I’m done. Between this and ACNC I’m done screwing around with these BS hype trains and will just wait next time..

Well, I've learned a lesson. Regardless of a vendor's first, 3rd, or 50th game, the next time I'm asked for full-payment and told 'it SHOULD ship in two weeks', I'll tell them to call me back once they've got my game in-hand with the shipping labels printed. "It's pinball" is not an excuse for bad business behavior. Misinformation and failed commitments should be unacceptable as the norm.

#2816 5 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

That protector goes on the front edge of the drain hole.

Thanks, any chance it should look like this?

IMG_1395 (resized).JPGIMG_1395 (resized).JPGIMG_1397 (resized).JPGIMG_1397 (resized).JPG
#2817 5 years ago

[quoted image][quoted image]

No I don’t think so. It would go where that metal protector already is just below the chain on the playfully. Actually I don’t think you will need it with that metal protector. I installed the same protector on my AFMrSE and I don’t have that metal rim.

#2818 5 years ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

Doesyour Decal already tear ? Under the siderail at the Front ?[quoted image]

Quoted from tatman9999:

[quoted image]

Had the same happen on my AFMr out of the box. CgC assured me at the time they’d fixed the problem going forward by not wrapping the decals around the corner. This was at the same time Stern was having problems with splitting cabinets so I was a bit concerned at the time. CgC insisted it was only cosmetic. A bit surprised to see the problem re-surface now.

#2819 5 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Had the same happen on my AFMr out of the box. CgC assured me at the time they’d fixed the problem going forward by not wrapping the decals around the corner. This was at the same time Stern was having problems with splitting cabinets so I was a bit concerned at the time. CgC insisted it was only cosmetic. A bit surprised to see the problem re-surface now.

I wrapped both my front corners above the leg and below the lock bar with a half inch piece of 3M clear vinyl.

#2820 5 years ago

No, that cliffy was meant to be for an unprotected outhole.
You'd have to take off the CGC protector, which admittedly looks even better in this area.

#2821 5 years ago

Nope, your MBr already has a drain hole protector so you won’t use that.. here is a pic of my BM66 with the cliffy drain protector installed.

29003BE1-354D-45FF-B85B-767CA78668E9 (resized).png29003BE1-354D-45FF-B85B-767CA78668E9 (resized).png
#2822 5 years ago

I took the CGC hole protector out and just put a piece of mylar down. I cut a section of the protector out to stop the ball from hanging up but did not like the result. Mylar works!

#2823 5 years ago
Quoted from Reznnate:

Well, I've learned a lesson. Regardless of a vendor's first, 3rd, or 50th game, the next time I'm asked for full-payment and told 'it SHOULD ship in two weeks', I'll tell them to call me back once they've got my game in-hand with the shipping labels printed. "It's pinball" is not an excuse for bad business behavior. Misinformation and failed commitments should be unacceptable as the norm.

Seriously.. just stop.. you’ll get your game.

#2824 5 years ago
Quoted from drummermike:

I took the CGC hole protector out and just put a piece of mylar down. I cut a section of the protector out to stop the ball from hanging up but did not like the result. Mylar works!

My protector was precut from the factory, I never had a ball hang up on it.

#2825 5 years ago
Quoted from Reznnate:

I'm with you....CGC makes decent games, but getting them out of factory in a timely manner is not their expertise.....rumor has it my shipped last on Wed so we'll see if it shows up

#2826 5 years ago
Quoted from tatman9999:

[quoted image]

Mine is cracking too that I hadn't noticed, both sides and I'm only at 100 games played.

20190127_185708 (resized).jpg20190127_185708 (resized).jpg20190127_185728 (resized).jpg20190127_185728 (resized).jpg
#2827 5 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I'm with you....CGC makes decent games, but getting them out of factory in a timely manner is not their expertise.....rumor has it my shipped last on Wed so we'll see if it shows up

My impression is that CGC is better and faster than most. But again, my primary comment is around pinball payments (which involves the distributor).
Deposits are already used to mitigate risk/expense, so full-payment shouldn't be requested until the game is available and ready to ship.

#2828 5 years ago

Wow looks like cgc cabs are doing what sterns were doing and people hammered stern for this .

#2829 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Wow looks like cgc cabs are doing what sterns were doing and people hammered stern for this .

Two games with this issue so far out of roughly 300 shipped, my LE looks perfect.

Edit: I meant 2 MBr with this issue so far.

#2830 5 years ago

Two games with this issue so far out of roughly 300 shipped, my LE looks perfect.

Definitely more widespread than that. I remember some MMr cabs had the issue. As I said my AFMr has the issue. Now MBr. I remember my friends AFMr also had it but he hadn’t noticed it so I didn’t tell him. So there’s likely a lot more we don’t hear about.

More than likely it’s only cosmetic, but there’s a lot of value placed on “only cosmetic” stuff in pinball.

#2831 5 years ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

Seriously.. just stop.. you’ll get your game.

Such first world problems!!! whining about the fact you cant get your $8000 toy fast enough- it will come and we will all be happy we have one. Give CGC a break and let them produce a top notch product. I am ok waiting for my LE as I figure being a non-matching, any flaws/bugs will be well solved by the time I get one.

#2832 5 years ago

I'm sure there are more out there...

#2833 5 years ago

Can we lay off the people upset with that they are paid in full? That's a lot of money floating around because of our distributors. Let us be disappointed with that process because that's the only thing we have to show for our money at the moment. Jumping down on us when you ALREADY have your f'ing game is insult to injury and the ones that have calmer resolves then us congrats I commend you. But my 8300 is out there and I'm not happy about it and I don't like seeing my fellow pinsiders in the same boat being told to stop because they voice their understandable displeasure. If anyone needs to knock it off in this thread it's those. Rez made a good point and you guys jumped on the wagon to attack him. That ain't right.

#2834 5 years ago

not jumping down any ones throat - just putting it in perspective- it's a friggin toy- albeit an expensive one and yes it sucks to put the money out but OBVIOUSLY we have the extra cash to put out for a game and in most cases just adding to what is probably tens of thousands worth of other games- like I said earlier - first world problems-

#2835 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballCoug:

Mine is cracking too that I hadn't noticed, both sides and I'm only at 100 games played.

I‘ll hope they fix that before the Games Go to Europe. I didnt accept that if that Happens with my mbrle. My afmrle with the same issue was getting more worse over the Time

#2836 5 years ago

It really doesn't matter if it's a toy or not. Business is business. If you pay for something or put a deposit down on something with certain expectations, saying "it's just a toy" isn't a good excuse for bad business. I'm not saying CGC is a bad business, but they do require nonrefundable deposits (via distributors) for LEs and then fail to live up to their projections. They effectively hold your money hostage by making it non refundable so you don't have the option of backing out when they can't meet their estimates. I would back out now if it didn't mean losing $1000 because I expected them to be much further along. I don't have money to buy multiple games or a different game to play while I wait. I'm sure I'll be quite happy with the game when I eventually get it, but every day I see opportunity costs. A local person selling a different game I could have and play today if my money wasn't tied up... Opportunity costs are very real, and all I have right now for $1000 is a big question mark as to when I'll ever get a game.

#2837 5 years ago
Quoted from zpinman370:

not jumping down any ones throat - just putting it in perspective- it's a friggin toy- albeit an expensive one and yes it sucks to put the money out but OBVIOUSLY we have the extra cash to put out for a game and in most cases just adding to what is probably tens of thousands worth of other games- like I said earlier - first world problems-

Put this in perspective the guy you stated whining about a toy has got over $8,000 sitting in someone else's pocket for closing in on 3 months? This wasn't part of the agreement. We got false hoped into sending in our checks before the time of year where it would have been nice to have some extra spending money for Christmas knowing that my game would be Q1 19' if I was lucky. Call it first world problems all you want but I don't like anyone holding onto my money. I was in for a long ass wait for TNA and was completely fine with that whole process because I sent my money in when the game was finished and ready to go. This ordeal wasn't what we signed up for and we are rightfully upset at it.

#2838 5 years ago

Hmmm so this didn't happen with the AFMr's either? We all jump for the new shinny thing like a bunch of lemmings and do it over and over again- most of us never learn lol- yes the business model sucks but if your distro is any good at all they should release you and sell to the next in line if you can't wait. I do feel for the guys that have paid in full and still waiting but for the rest of us we need to just be patient and wait our turn. You know the old saying "good things come to those that wait"

#2839 5 years ago
Quoted from zpinman370:

Hmmm so this didn't happen with the AFMr's either? We all jump for the new shinny thing like a bunch of lemmings and do it over and over again- most of us never learn lol- yes the business model sucks but if your distro is any good at all they should release you and sell to the next in line if you can't wait. I do feel for the guys that have paid in full and still waiting but for the rest of us we need to just be patient and wait our turn. You know the old saying "good things come to those that wait"

No idea what happened with AFMr I wasn't there which is why I'm still waiting on my non match. Pretty new to whole NIB process which this will be my 2nd time. You don't feel for us when you state that we are whining. That's the problem with what you guy's were pushing earlier you called him out for being whiney and that's not okay. This isn't small potatoes for some of us , It's a lot of f'ing money. I'm certainly trying to be patient and wait my turn but let a man vent about how this was unfair. It was a botched job from our distributors and it should be acknowledged.

#2840 5 years ago

Stern is the only company that can show a pin and ship it within a few weeks(pros) or a month or so for the le. Most of us know this but still preorder anyhow lol

#2841 5 years ago

I'm curious why people don't buy from dealers with a refundable deposit. I've got $1000 in with PPS that I can get back at any time, and will only pay in full when it is ready. I have also done this with other dealers. So why not call the dealers that have your money, and get back $7k now until the game is ready to ship?

#2842 5 years ago

People complaining about complaining is too meta for this thread... if I wanted a cosmic thesis on reality, a Monster Bash remake owners thread on Pinsisde is the last place I would come to listen to people whine about whining about life. You got $8k tied up in anything, “toy” or not, you don't usually just sit around on your thumbs and sing kumbaya when someone says one thing, then does another, I didn’t, and I got a number from them (CGC) that currently I have no choice but to live with, and so I sit now and wait. I have $1000 non refundable skin in the game and can feel for those with all $8300. But other than wait, what else can we do? I can explain the way they are alloted out as they are built... of 1250 LE’s to be produced, they are sent out to the distributors based on what slice of that 1250 machines they have purchased/allotted. To figure out estimated delivery date, you need to know where you are on your distibutors list, and the distributors allotment of the 1250 machines, and the fact CGC is trying to make 65 to 75 machines a week (70 machine average) with no production issues..

So lets say your distributor is allotted 60 out of 1250 machines, and you are 15th on his list of nonmatched LE’s.
Number of weeks to wait after Feb 1st should equal:

=(15*(1250/60)/70) which eguals 4.46+1 week for shipping... this means your machine should be delivered maybe second week in March? This was how CGC gave me a number. This is contingent on if they get all matched LE’s built by the end of January and have no other issues that hold up LE production.

My place in line puts me at third week in Feb, plus a week to ship... so March 1st is my actual birthday, and may be my machine’s delivery date. Damn, it’s like I am an expecting father awaiting the birth of his first child...

#2843 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Stern's cabs were splitting.

This is decal tearing.

Just like the original MB's.

Another reason why with all these price rises in pinball, would have loved to see screened cabinets again.

Only JJP with the first run of WOZ were screened and they then quickly went to decals.

#2844 5 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

This is decal tearing.

Aren't the decals tearing though because the wood is seperating/splitting?

#2845 5 years ago

I dont think so. The Decals are very thin and Stick over the corner. There is to much tension on it so that they tear.

It will be an easy fix. They Must stopping to Stick it over the corner

Replacing Cabinet Decals is as much worse as replacing the playfield for Customers.

#2846 5 years ago

I am still waiting on my game, and I only have my $1000 deposit in. I feel terrible for people that are paid in full and still waiting. In a perfect world, maybe whomever takes the money (distros or CGC) could at least give a refund of potential accrued interest the money would have made sitting in a bank account - I mean, I hope the monies were not pulled from mutual funds that would garner a higher return!

Either way, I am in for a non-matching LE (I don’t care if all my little plaques match), but if CGC is reading this thread:
I volunteer to be the last LE produced if it helps others rest easy and get their games quicker.

#2847 5 years ago
Quoted from hollywood:

I am still waiting on my game, and I only have my $1000 deposit in. I feel terrible for people that are paid in full and still waiting. In a perfect world, maybe whomever takes the money (distros or CGC) could at least give a refund of potential accrued interest the money would have made sitting in a bank account - I mean, I hope the monies were not pulled from mutual funds that would garner a higher return!
Either way, I am in for a non-matching LE (I don’t care if all my little plaques match), but if CGC is reading this thread:
I volunteer to be the last LE produced if it helps others rest easy and get their games quicker.

I am with you and only have my $1000.00 and a distributor that is not asking me for more until I pick up the game. No problem to be the in last batch as well. Like I said earlier, hopefully all bugs/issues resolved on the later runs. Just be happy that you don't have to pay what those of us outside the US&A have to

#2848 5 years ago

The cabinets are not splitting, it’s a tear because of the wrap around the corner and if they pull too tight when they apply. I agree they should just stop wrapping the corners.

#2849 5 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

The cabinets are not splitting, it’s a tear because of the wrap around the corner and if they pull too tight when they apply. I agree they should just stop wrapping the corners.

Exactly what i think. So i did Not Unterstand why they still do this, because afmr already had this problem

#2850 5 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

They look terrific this way when done right, best in class, but perhaps even a milimeter or two of oversized cabinet relative to the decal creates this problem, requiring extra stretch to fit. I would think there would be tension tolerances.

So far, issue seems localized to the front. Any possibility of there being over tightening of the side rail(s) being at all at fault?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 33.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lafayette, LA
Machine - For Sale
Tulsa, OK
$ 12.95
Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 9,330 posts in this topic. You are on page 57 of 187.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monster-bash-remake-mbr-owners-club/page/57?hl=djnoel30 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.