(Topic ID: 222461)

Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)

By MrSanRamon

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 9,328 posts
  • 732 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 hours ago by FullTilt83
  • Topic is favorited by 277 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)”

• I'm in on a CE 77 votes
    9%
  • I'm in on a SE 172 votes
    21%
  • I'm in on a LE 396 votes
    48%
  • I'm out for now 182 votes
    22%

(827 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

wire switch 2 (resized).jpg
R orbit switch (resized).jpg
IMG_4951 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4943 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0464 (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
IMG_3190 (resized).jpeg
Wolfman (resized).jpg
IMG_2467 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4014 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231111_165525077 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20231112-165133 (resized).png
20231110_123120 (resized).jpg
20231105_122730 (resized).jpg
94B393B7-CB09-4AFB-A166-CF0EC7F7F9A0 (resized).jpeg
3D150F78-A1C1-4B31-A9FA-00031163D7C1 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 9,328 posts in this topic. You are on page 56 of 187.
#2751 5 years ago
Quoted from Classicgames99:

I installed the plasma disc and the side blade decals. I think they look great
[quoted image]

Just get some Invisiglass or PDI on there and you're done!

#2752 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Just get some Invisiglass or PDI on there and you're done!

You forgot the wood table cover.

#2753 5 years ago

Finally...

53827AFE-D335-4A5F-A080-2A60ED4B0F84 (resized).jpeg53827AFE-D335-4A5F-A080-2A60ED4B0F84 (resized).jpeg
#2754 5 years ago
Quoted from BillyPilgrim:

Finally...
[quoted image]

Nice! Are you an unmatched number LE?

#2755 5 years ago

No, I’ve got 68 on MM and AFM.

#2756 5 years ago

My number matching 593 LE shipped today....

#2757 5 years ago

I got to play a monster bash le today on location. I’ve never played monster bash before but I was really impressed. I’ve never seen a darker playfield in my life though and the machine I played on had mirror blades. Pinstadium lights would be a must on this game for me

#2758 5 years ago
Quoted from jsm172:

I got to play a monster bash le today on location. I’ve never played monster bash before but I was really impressed. I’ve never seen a darker playfield in my life though and the machine I played on had mirror blades. Pinstadium lights would be a must on this game for me

Ive played this on location as well. Couldn't agree more about the darkness. Kinda disappointing.

#2759 5 years ago

I thought it looked great on location at Lloyd's place. Are the places you are playing at dark like a cave or something? Some ambient light behind the player works wonders.

I can't imagine washing out that sweet color light show with a bunch of white LEDs shining right on the playfield. Seems like a waste.

#2760 5 years ago

Monster bash is a darker pin due to not many gi locations ...especially down by the flipper area due to the phantom flip optos.

#2761 5 years ago

Is there going to be additional code down the road with the remake? My wife wants one but I find the current code kinda bland and not sure of the lasting power. I thought I heard a rumor a while back.

#2762 5 years ago
Quoted from PokerJake:

Is there going to be additional code down the road with the remake?

No.

Quoted from PokerJake:

I thought I heard a rumor a while back.

Me too. It involved a famous pinball personality and a Shetland pony.

LTG : )

#2763 5 years ago
Quoted from PokerJake:

Is there going to be additional code down the road with the remake? My wife wants one but I find the current code kinda bland and not sure of the lasting power. I thought I heard a rumor a while back.

No... its simple code but game is fun . If anything buy a used one when it pops up and play for 3-6 month's then sell for minimum loss... that's what i did.

#2764 5 years ago

I just played this at Tilt last night... It isn't dark at all... Wtf?

#2765 5 years ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

One of the connectors in this board had come unplugged, in case someone has a similar issue.

I had the same issue with a loose connector in the topper board

20190119_135408 (resized).jpg20190119_135408 (resized).jpg
#2766 5 years ago

Been really enjoying pinstadiums in my set. Got alot of questions on them and they to me make the gameplay better for vision. I hooked them to the orb flashers and its really impressed me

20190123_221837 (resized).jpg20190123_221837 (resized).jpg
#2767 5 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

My number matching 593 LE shipped today....

I heard that there was a big rig crash on I-80...just playing with you!

Robert

#2768 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

It involved a famous pinball personality and a Shetland pony.

Where can I get tickets?

Robert

#2769 5 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I just played this at Tilt last night... It isn't dark at all

I feel the same way.

Robert

#2770 5 years ago

So I'm having second thoughts again. First of all, I have an LE on order (non matched). I'm getting very tired of waiting as I have room for only 1 pin in my house and this delay has meant I have nothing for months. Prior to this I had a WOZ (which was definitely fun, but I was never all that crazy about the theme). I have always loved the call outs and campiness of MB, but the other day I went and played one on site, but at the same time I played a Hobbit and a Pirates of the Caribbean, and I have to say while the MBr is gorgeous in it's own way and if I had several pins I wouldn't have many doubts - I'm starting to wonder if it will get old quickly being my only pin.

If you were me (and particularly for those that own either The hobbit or Pirates) would you choose one of those pins instead as your only pin? There are so many modes on both that could keep me occupied for a long time. But I also know my wife loves to bash the ball around without really paying attention to the rules. Still, this is 90% for me, and she will only play occasionally. Thoughts?

#2771 5 years ago

I always have second thoughts...but those? no way..I'd keep mbr..just wait it out. Soon to B.

#2772 5 years ago

We developed an interactive trough light tied to the GI. It matches the GI, changing color when the gi lights change color. For the SE and LE only, sorry CE owners. For CE owners we have a standard RGB trough light.

https://lermods.com/products/monster-bash-remake-pinball-led-strip-interactive-rgb-trough-light-kit

#2773 5 years ago
Quoted from Nytewatch33:

So I'm having second thoughts again. First of all, I have an LE on order (non matched). I'm getting very tired of waiting as I have room for only 1 pin in my house and this delay has meant I have nothing for months. Prior to this I had a WOZ (which was definitely fun, but I was never all that crazy about the theme). I have always loved the call outs and campiness of MB, but the other day I went and played one on site, but at the same time I played a Hobbit and a Pirates of the Caribbean, and I have to say while the MBr is gorgeous in it's own way and if I had several pins I wouldn't have many doubts - I'm starting to wonder if it will get old quickly being my only pin.
If you were me (and particularly for those that own either The hobbit or Pirates) would you choose one of those pins instead as your only pin? There are so many modes on both that could keep me occupied for a long time. But I also know my wife loves to bash the ball around without really paying attention to the rules. Still, this is 90% for me, and she will only play occasionally. Thoughts?

I'm also waiting for an LE with no other pins to play in the meantime. Had I known delays would be this bad I would definitely have taken a different game off the shelf. I also considered pirates but it seemed like it had a similar wait period, and it's also more expensive. I don't think MBrLE will be disappointing but opportunity costs are a factor when you don't have any other games. Think about the fact that by end of January the will only have produced about 20% off the LEs. This could be a very long wait for some of us if we're near the back of the line. I think this is probably the last time I put down a non refundable deposit.

#2774 5 years ago
Quoted from Nytewatch33:

As your only pin mb will get old very quickly imo just like many wpc titles wld in a home environment. This is where some of the deeper stern pins and all the jjp pins are nice. Jjp pins are really good as 1-2 pin collections bc they have loads to do and code forever.

#2775 5 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

I'm also waiting for an LE with no other pins to play in the meantime. Had I known delays would be this bad I would definitely have taken a different game off the shelf. I also considered pirates but it seemed like it had a similar wait period, and it's also more expensive. I don't think MBrLE will be disappointing but opportunity costs are a factor when you don't have any other games. Think about the fact that by end of January the will only have produced about 20% off the LEs. This could be a very long wait for some of us if we're near the back of the line. I think this is probably the last time I put down a non refundable deposit.

Sucks about the non refundable deposit... i wld of ordered from a place that had refundable deposit like pps. Jjp potc or hobbit wld be a great choice if u decide to switch.

#2776 5 years ago

I will say this MB is wonderful game with a wonderful theme and its good for everyone. In a one pin household it may not be deep enough to be a permanent keeper. When I had 8+ pins it was still played more than any other by guests a little less by us. Once I dropped down to essentially MB it sat for long periods of time w/o being played by us. Guests played it all the time.

All that being said I waiting on an LE as well but I really wish I had room for more pins as I would love to own a JJP POTC and a Stern Star Trek LE. Those are the 2 pins I really wanted to bring in the house. Sadly won't happen as we do not have the room and the wife won't let me get rid of a few things in the game room to make space, uggh.

All that being said MB will never leave our home once it arrives.

#2777 5 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

There is zero chance I will ever put down a deposit on a game again. I don't think their producing many games per day or week. Unless your Stern manufacturing games is a long process

#2778 5 years ago

I really don't understand the comments about code, deep games, etc....some of the games are so ridiculous with code that their really not that fun to play....what makes MM, MB, AFM, Met so great (and highly rated) is that the games are very challenging, yet the code is easy to explain and understand for kids, adults, experts, and novice players.....

#2779 5 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I really don't understand the comments about code, deep games, etc....some of the games are so ridiculous with code that their really not that fun to play....what makes MM, MB, AFM, Met so great (and highly rated) is that the games are very challenging, yet the code is easy to explain and understand for kids, adults, experts, and novice players.....

Yep...I get sick and tired of the "deep" crowd...It's a fun game..period.

#2780 5 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

They are all great pins but i wld not want any of those as a 1 pin collection... i don't have a big collection but it works well bc i have games like afm , met, bsd for years bc i also have more challenging pins like di, hobbit, woz . They all work great together and it keeps things fresh over long periods of time. Back when i only had 2-3 wpc pins things got stale within a month or so. Everyone is different but wpc pins were made/developed for arcade and casual use and not 20 + games a day . Just my experience but others may vary. Looks like we have similar collections and thats y it works.

#2781 5 years ago
Quoted from ShinyBall:

You probably have more than one pin at a time ?

#2782 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

You probably have more than one pin at a time ?

yes, but family/friends/kids all would like this...doesn't have to be a deep game

#2783 5 years ago
Quoted from Nytewatch33:

I have hobbit and POTC, and am getting MB and AFM next. My wife is a basher too. She likes AFM and MB the most. But she does not like hobbit at all. POTC she likes BUT it can be punishing for a basher. But she still likes it.

If MB gets stale for you, and your wife is a basher, I’d go with POTC as a single pin.

#2784 5 years ago
Quoted from ShinyBall:

yes, but family/friends/kids all would like this...doesn't have to be a deep game

That's fine but not what op is asking . I have nothing against any pin especially wpc pins (my favorite) but some / most wld not be good in a 1 pin collection unless someone just wants to enjoy it for few month's then sell it and get another one but many people that spend 8k+ wld like to keep it much longer .

#2785 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

I have hobbit and POTC, and am getting MB and AFM next. My wife is a basher too. She likes AFM and MB the most. But she does not like hobbit at all. POTC she likes BUT it can be punishing for a basher. But she still likes it.
If MB gets stale for you, and your wife is a basher, I’d go with POTC as a single pin.

I think potc wld b great on its own. For both his wife and him.

#2786 5 years ago

MBrLE #900 landed late yesterday in a snowstorm. Kudos to the R&L driver that brought it! He was a trooper, and brought it right inside my garage even though he was only commissioned for a curb drop. It's inside my game room as of this morning, getting acclimated - low teens for highs here, and it was two days late in arriving, so may have spent a night or two in a cold trailer, and one in my 40 degree garage. I'm going to leave it be, right in the box for a good 24hrs. I fear that the entire game would be wet with condensation if I pulled it out now. The box and packaging are flawless, not a mark. I peeked inside and all looks well. GCG really does a great job with packaging. I unboxed a GB premium last week and although it did arrive safely, it was much more slap-dash in the box than MB is or AFM was. Stress level is diminishing. My wish for you all that are waiting is to get the same relief soon!

IMG_6767 (resized).JPGIMG_6767 (resized).JPG
#2787 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

That's fine but not what op is asking . I have nothing against any pin especially wpc pins (my favorite) but some / most wld not be good in a 1 pin collection unless someone just wants to enjoy it for few month's then sell it and get another one but many people that spend 8k+ wld like to keep it much longer .

I understand your opinion. I'm trying to look at it as something more then 1 person...like a family, and friends that come over. I think this pin would be very popular with so many..just saying. The deep (I think) covers the pinheads. I'm pretty much the only pinhead in my neighborhood.family and friends.
So,I think they will like MBR as a whole IMO.. If, you are buying it for yourself I will agree

#2788 5 years ago

Deep, to me, means the machine has code I rarely see. I have never owned a MB before and I have never gotten to LL without using a flipper code, so I have that challege before me. I don’t get to MOR all the time, but I bash and mosh pit, and Frank MB all day. As Dwight would say, all the wizard modes but MOR and LL are close to the start button, but LL is 44 scoop hits deep, and that takes a while.

MB is my goto machine to have a quick but totally satisfying game. 20 to 30 minutes and getting MOR, Bash, Moshpit and putting up 300m to 700m or doing a double MOR and pulling the Billion plus game is doable, but for me not that often. If I have unlimited play on a machine and it has a lot of code I never see, then maybe that is too deep. I have yet to get to Sperm Attack MB on my FGy, which is why it stays in the collection, because it will happen some day, and I have come frustratingly close (lit it, drained)

#2789 5 years ago

Seems like you hear a lot of first time buyers with these remakes. It would be a nice compliment to CGC's number matching program to bump up people without any games to play while they wait as well. I'm sure it would do as much for customer loyalty and repeat business as the number matching program. If they are already playing favorites, then why not?

#2790 5 years ago

I have been contemplating buying a AFMrLE from PPS (supposedly they had at least one yesterday) and seeing if I could get my MBrLE moved up to a matching status, getting it matched to the AFMrLE which is sitting NIB at PPS. Now that is how bad I have been wanting my MBrLE.

#2791 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

I have been contemplating buying a AFMrLE from PPS (supposedly they had at least one yesterday) and seeing if I could get my MBrLE moved up to a matching status, getting it matched to the AFMrLE which is sitting NIB at PPS. Now that is how bad I have been wanting my MBrLE.

Won’t work. The cutoff was a month ago (or more?). Patience grasshopper.

#2792 5 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

+1, but I don't like deep games to begin with. I use my brain all day at work, when I play pinball to relax and unwind. I don't want to learn/remember all kinds of rules for different code sets. I understand this is just how I like to play and everyone is different, so its very nice there are both deep and shallow rulesets so there is something for everyone!

#2793 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

... I have never gotten to LL without using a flipper code, ...

please share, I didn't know these existed. I did a search and found Lyman's Lament, https://www.ign.com/wikis/pinball-cheats/Monster_Bash_Cheats not sure if that works on the remake or not... going to try here in a few.

edit: just tested... it works. pretty cool. now I want more!!

#2794 5 years ago
Quoted from Nytewatch33:

I’d say go for Pirates except that I don’t have a ton of time on one, but it is feature packed and lots of good shots. Hobbit is a KNOWN amazing, amazing pin right now. So you probably couldn’t go wrong. IMO MBr would be a tough one to last long in a 1-pin collection. But there’s no question it’s an awesome game in its own right, especially if you set it up super fast and hard, no ball save

#2795 5 years ago
Quoted from fxdwg:

please share, I didn't know these existed. I did a search and found Lyman's Lament, https://www.ign.com/wikis/pinball-cheats/Monster_Bash_Cheats not sure if that works on the remake or not... going to try here in a few.
edit: just tested... it works. pretty cool. now I want more!!

You can also get that mode started by hitting the scoop 43 or 45 times in a game!

#2796 5 years ago
Quoted from ShinyBall:

#2797 5 years ago

Waiting on my LE and I'm having second thoughts as well..

#2798 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Put the pipe down Bubblehead.

I am LMAO right now though.

#2799 5 years ago

I played this last night at tilt as well. I want my game now.. cause I couldn't even hear the sound on any of the games over there which is stupid. But she sure looked nice and played great. I didn't spend too much time on it though.

I think you guys with the pinstadium bullshit need to be silent this game looks amazing and no one cares at this point. We are all tired of hearing it. Make a private club where you guys can kiss ass because its a travesty to consider installing it in this game.

#2800 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

They are all great pins but i wld not want any of those as a 1 pin collection... i don't have a big collection but it works well bc i have games like afm , met, bsd for years bc i also have more challenging pins like di, hobbit, woz . They all work great together and it keeps things fresh over long periods of time. Back when i only had 2-3 wpc pins things got stale within a month or so. Everyone is different but wpc pins were made/developed for arcade and casual use and not 20 + games a day . Just my experience but others may vary. Looks like we have similar collections and thats y it works.

I get that everyone is different, but for someone who has zero interest in banging away at pinball hours a day the classics and remakes are perfect...I've owned all the JJP games and their code is a bit over the top in my opinion....that being said they are all great games

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 33.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lafayette, LA
$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

12,125 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
St. Paul, MN
Machine - For Sale
Tulsa, OK
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Shepherdsville, KY
$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 12.95
There are 9,328 posts in this topic. You are on page 56 of 187.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monster-bash-remake-mbr-owners-club/page/56?hl=jsm172 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.