(Topic ID: 222461)

Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)

By MrSanRamon

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 9,332 posts
  • 732 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 43 hours ago by KingMixer
  • Topic is favorited by 277 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)”

• I'm in on a CE 77 votes
    9%
  • I'm in on a SE 172 votes
    21%
  • I'm in on a LE 396 votes
    48%
  • I'm out for now 182 votes
    22%

(827 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

wire switch 2 (resized).jpg
R orbit switch (resized).jpg
IMG_4951 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4943 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0464 (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
IMG_3190 (resized).jpeg
Wolfman (resized).jpg
IMG_2467 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4014 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231111_165525077 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20231112-165133 (resized).png
20231110_123120 (resized).jpg
20231105_122730 (resized).jpg
94B393B7-CB09-4AFB-A166-CF0EC7F7F9A0 (resized).jpeg
3D150F78-A1C1-4B31-A9FA-00031163D7C1 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 9,332 posts in this topic. You are on page 55 of 187.
#2701 5 years ago

Just got the call from the freight company number 163 will be here tomorrow!

#2702 5 years ago
Quoted from andrewket:

MBRLE arrived today. I haven’t had much time to play it, and I haven’t examined the play field under a microscope....
But... they shipped it without any pinballs. Not a big deal, but a bit humorous none the less. I sent CGC an email so they can be on the lookout for that subtle mistake.

You're fortunate.

I received a Stern machine with no pinballs AND no power cord!!

Stern soon took care of me, though.

#2703 5 years ago

I haven't played a Monster Bash since I ordered mine. Digital or in person.. I haven't even watch a gameplay video or anything just in anticipation for my upcoming game.. I've had the stupid Monster Bash song stuck in my head for 3 months now and it's starting to bother me. Think I'm slowing losing my mind and I'm going to be going to a location that has one this week. I don't know if I should give in and play one or not even look at it. It may make me sick playing one.. Idk

#2704 5 years ago
Quoted from vwallat99:

I haven't played a Monster Bash since I ordered mine. Digital or in person.. I haven't even watch a gameplay video or anything just in anticipation for my upcoming game.. I've had the stupid Monster Bash song stuck in my head for 3 months now and it's starting to bother me. Think I'm slowing losing my mind and I'm going to be going to a location that has one this week. I don't know if I should give in and play one or not even look at it. It may make me sick playing one.. Idk

I'm waiting too. I went to a location and played an SE. It was awesome, and I just wanted mine more.

#2705 5 years ago
Quoted from Nytewatch33:

I'm waiting too. I went to a location and played an SE. It was awesome, and I just wanted mine more.

Trying to prolong it so that my honeymoon phase lasts longer. I have a problem with that. She's going to be bolted to the floor no doubt cause this was a dream game #1 game for me but I want to enjoy it as much as I can.

#2706 5 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

I'm not a very good picture taker, but here's my protector after 186 plays. If you zoom in, you can see a few dings, but not too bad.
[quoted image]

Your game probably came that way. Mine looks the same and doesn’t have a game on it yet. Not 1 ball.

#2707 5 years ago

I know I saw a Frankenstein table mod somewhere. Should have grabbed one.

#2708 5 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

Received my (pinballpimp) Frank decal today ... I like the way this looks![quoted image]

Link please?

#2709 5 years ago
Quoted from wdpvideo:

I know I saw a Frankenstein table mod somewhere. Should have grabbed one.

Found it! Mezel mods

#2710 5 years ago

How are the flippers supposed to be aligned on this game? The game came with the alignment hole in front of the flippers instead of flippers aligned with the hole behind the bat. Though if the flippers were adjusted that way I would think they'd be too high at that point on this game. I flipped through the manual but didn't see anything about proper alignment.

#2711 5 years ago

#597 in the house. So far quality wise everything is perfect. No playfield issues and flippers feel great. I think the sound is rocking and super loud. I removed the mirror blades and opted with art and added pinstadiums. GI isnt purple its just the bride mode and uv flasher in the picture

20190122_192103 (resized).jpg20190122_192103 (resized).jpg20190122_210300 (resized).jpg20190122_210300 (resized).jpg
#2712 5 years ago

You can find it here in the pinside marketplace.

It’s also on eBay
https://ebay.us/5v8iHs

#2713 5 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

#597 in the house. So far quality wise everything is perfect. No playfield issues and flippers feel great. I think the sound is rocking and super loud. I removed the mirror blades and opted with art and added pinstadiums. GI isnt purple its just the bride mode and uv flasher in the picture
[quoted image][quoted image]

How hard was it to get the mirror blades off? Would prefer the sillyoldelf art vs mirrors on the LE but didn't know if it was possible to get the mirrors off w/o messing up the cabinet.

Any chance you have some video of your pinstadiums on your MB?

#2714 5 years ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

How hard was it to get the mirror blades off? Would prefer the sillyoldelf art vs mirrors on the LE but didn't know if it was possible to get the mirrors off w/o messing up the cabinet.
Any chance you have some video of your pinstadiums on your MB?

I can do some video. If you hook it to the frakenstein flashers its soo cool with the fade and what not. Blades are easy, take out the small screws and the pivot hinges. Then get a small screw driver and pry it has some double sided tape

#2715 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Mezelmods. I will put up a review when I receive it tomorrow or thurs.

Just ordered mine last night.

#2716 5 years ago

I can do some video. If you hook it to the frakenstein flashers its soo cool with the fade and what not. Blades are easy, take out the small screws and the pivot hinges. Then get a small screw driver and pry it has some double sided tape

Do you mind taking video of how it looks with the Frankenstein flashers?

#2717 5 years ago

Awesome and no cab damage or anything that would affect the artwork?

Yes video would be greatly appreciated. BTW which pinstadium setup do you have - UV glow or regular?

Thanks!

#2718 5 years ago

Side decals or mirrors? I like Sillyoldelf's decals. Whenever I get my LE I might want to use his design instead of the already installed mirrors. Trying to decide if I should do it or not. Which one would you do? Also, do the mirror blades brighten up the playfield a bit?

#2719 5 years ago

Kind of holding out to see if any cool powerbladez get released.

#2720 5 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Kind of holding out to see if any cool powerbladez get released.

That would be sick!

#2721 5 years ago
Quoted from WizWiggy:

Great weekend for both MBrLE and AFMrLE at The Flipper Room!

Seeing that picture made me think “is that a picture frame shop with pinball machines” and checking out the website answered, “yes... yes, it is!”

https://theflipperroom.com

Not a bad way to increase traffic and hopefully they have some framed playfields on the wall so they can cater to both audiences.

Now if they ALSO did “shoe repair AND locksmith” the money would really pile up!

#2722 5 years ago

Have a MBRLE on order. What is the general consensus on adding a powered sub to this LE Remake? I have them on every game in my collection.

#2723 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballocd:

Have a MBRLE on order. What is the general consensus on adding a powered sub to this LE Remake? I have them on every game in my collection.

I find the audio quality to be very good on both AFMLE and MBRLE. I'm haven't felt the need to upgrade either one. I'd be interested if you find that it makes a significant impact.

#2724 5 years ago

Powered sub no question about it. It's really a why not. I haven't found a game that doesn't sound better.

Makes sense considering you're just enhancing the sound. I find the value add goes from nice to have to absolutely necessary. For my AFMLE it was a nice addition

#2725 5 years ago
Quoted from c508:

Seeing that picture made me think “is that a picture frame shop with pinball machines” and checking out the website answered, “yes... yes, it is!”
https://theflipperroom.com
Not a bad way to increase traffic and hopefully they have some framed playfields on the wall so they can cater to both audiences.
Now if they ALSO did “shoe repair AND locksmith” the money would really pile up!

We are a full service commercial/retail frame shop that has a dedicated shipping dept. and "flipper rooms" with 30 Machines. BTW, the owners father does shoe repair in Wisconsin, no joke!

3616276168661379609 (resized).jpg3616276168661379609 (resized).jpg6882715621941248 (resized).jpg6882715621941248 (resized).jpg2183658969459951502 (resized).jpg2183658969459951502 (resized).jpg3946969495751447781 (resized).jpg3946969495751447781 (resized).jpg7842643552729228549 (resized).jpg7842643552729228549 (resized).jpg
#2726 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballocd:

I have a psw10 on mine and love it.. well worth the money!

#2727 5 years ago

Sub ordered thanks guys

#2728 5 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

Mine never gets stuck and I have my pitch set to 7.2.
I do get some frustrating SDTM drains coming out of the right orbit. Not a lot, but enough to piss me off, as there's no way I can save the ball. Anyone else seeing this? Sort of reminds me of TWDs right side orbit, but a little less severe.

not sure if anyone else answered this, but I put a slim stern post on the post near the guide and moved the guide back just a tad via the screw under the plastics. now all the full left orbits are hitting the right flipper.

Alternatively you could bend out the guide and it'll hit the Left flipper... but if it's still not a strong enough orbit it'll still go STDM

#2729 5 years ago

The main thing I've noticed is the scoop feed is a little inconsistent. I set it on +1 since it was going SDTM on default. Now most of the time it hits left, maybe 2 out of ten it hits high right. 1 out of 30ish still go STDM.

#2730 5 years ago

Where is the setting to reduce the power to the coils and flippers getting a few atirballs lol

#2731 5 years ago
6C02834E-FAA7-4EB1-9EAF-EE2D67EF2F51 (resized).jpeg6C02834E-FAA7-4EB1-9EAF-EE2D67EF2F51 (resized).jpeg
#2732 5 years ago
Quoted from flamehead:

Where is the setting to reduce the power to the coils and flippers getting a few atirballs lol

hold down the green button till it shows up on the display. (Escape button I think)

#2733 5 years ago
Quoted from heme:

hold down the green button till it shows up on the display. (Escape button I think)

Yes but I didn’t see any obvious setting from there

#2734 5 years ago
Quoted from flamehead:

It’s on the third screen, I think. Flipper coil power.

#2735 5 years ago
Quoted from flamehead:

It is pretty clear how to do it in the user manual

#2736 5 years ago
Quoted from mrfp:

It is pretty clear how to do it in the user manual

Starts on page 1-10 in the manual. Shows how to get in and what to do, each section. Page 1-15 in the manual shows coil settings.

Here is a video to access the CGC menu on an AFMR -

LTG : )

#2737 5 years ago
Quoted from flamehead:

[quoted image]

Nice gameroom! I like how you have the pins angled....

#2738 5 years ago

My wife misses the Luci/Helen pin the most.

#2739 5 years ago

MBr SE needs 4 more ratings, MBr LE needs 5 more and MBr CE needs 13 ratings to get on the top 100 list.

#2740 5 years ago

Thanks! It was the holding down for 5 seconds that I wasn’t getting

#2741 5 years ago

#871 (Matched to my AFMRLE) showed up today. The box was a little bent but no damage, phew!

I did have an issue where the lights under frank and on the left speaker were out. Turns out in the right speaker there is a hub of wires and a board. One of the connectors in this board had come unplugged, in case someone has a similar issue.

Flipper strength -2 seems about the sweet spot for my game setup. Basically right at 6.5deg.

The glare from under the glass is a real issue (for me), I pulled a piece of invisiglass from another game and it is waaay better. The color changing GI is awesome but does cause glare on the standard glass which can be distracting.

3CD41EED-E7A5-4A9D-88DD-E3DA7EC27CB4 (resized).jpeg3CD41EED-E7A5-4A9D-88DD-E3DA7EC27CB4 (resized).jpeg
DCF8D30F-AACE-4679-9573-0AC4824B731C (resized).jpegDCF8D30F-AACE-4679-9573-0AC4824B731C (resized).jpeg
21B1A9D4-9213-4DFC-A19E-CA5A3AA4C8D5 (resized).jpeg21B1A9D4-9213-4DFC-A19E-CA5A3AA4C8D5 (resized).jpegA83B1C89-4BF1-42FB-AF7A-0C24AEECAE2D (resized).jpegA83B1C89-4BF1-42FB-AF7A-0C24AEECAE2D (resized).jpeg

#2742 5 years ago

Look s awesome! Congratulations! I've been jonesing for some unboxing pics - they don't happen often enough for me. I like the purple flippers - that looks a little different than the earlier ones that shipped (unless its just the lighting...).

#2743 5 years ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

#871 (Matched to my AFMRLE) showed up today. The box was a little bent but no damage, phew!
I did have an issue where the lights under frank and on the left speaker were out. Turns out in the right speaker there is a hub of wires and a board. One of the connectors in this board had come unplugged, in case someone has a similar issue.
Flipper strength -2 seems about the sweet spot for my game setup. Basically right at 6.5deg.
The glare from under the glass is a real issue (for me), I pulled a piece of invisiglass from another game and it is waaay better. The color changing GI is awesome but does cause glare on the standard glass which can be distracting.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image][quoted image]

What's with only 1 leg with a slider?

#2745 5 years ago

#2746 5 years ago

Eagerly waiting
Unboxing of Monster Bash
Wait and wait I will

#2747 5 years ago

#68 is supposed to show up this afternoon...

#2748 5 years ago

I installed the plasma disc and the side blade decals. I think they look great

IMG_20190125_135431 (resized).jpgIMG_20190125_135431 (resized).jpg
#2749 5 years ago

Thinking about getting and Le, Can you guys chime in about gameplay? Is it a really fun family pin, You think it has lasting qualities in a small collection ?

#2750 5 years ago
Quoted from mtp78:

Thinking about getting and Le, Can you guys chime in about gameplay? Is it a really fun family pin, You think it has lasting qualities in a small collection ?

I think it's a great family pin. It's got good humor and everyone that has played it loves it. Plus it looks awesome. It will also have a lot different gameplay than the other 2 pins in your collection so it should give you good variety of games.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 12.95
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Greeley, CO
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lafayette, LA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 33.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Tulsa, OK
$ 210.00
£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

There are 9,332 posts in this topic. You are on page 55 of 187.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monster-bash-remake-mbr-owners-club/page/55?hl=evh347 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.