(Topic ID: 222461)

Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)

By MrSanRamon

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 9,329 posts
  • 732 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 hours ago by mbeardsley
  • Topic is favorited by 277 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)”

• I'm in on a CE 77 votes
    9%
  • I'm in on a SE 172 votes
    21%
  • I'm in on a LE 396 votes
    48%
  • I'm out for now 182 votes
    22%

(827 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

wire switch 2 (resized).jpg
R orbit switch (resized).jpg
IMG_4951 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4943 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0464 (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
IMG_3190 (resized).jpeg
Wolfman (resized).jpg
IMG_2467 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4014 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231111_165525077 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20231112-165133 (resized).png
20231110_123120 (resized).jpg
20231105_122730 (resized).jpg
94B393B7-CB09-4AFB-A166-CF0EC7F7F9A0 (resized).jpeg
3D150F78-A1C1-4B31-A9FA-00031163D7C1 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 9,329 posts in this topic. You are on page 54 of 187.
#2651 5 years ago
Quoted from LoserKid_Pinball:

Last complaint is kind of a stupid one but I wish a Monster Bash key fob came with the pinball machine. I know it is really dumb but I like having a key fob from the specific pin for the key to tell the difference between my keys to my pins. I wouldn't mind so much if I could just buy a key fob online but apparently they are non existent for Monster Bash

Hmmm.....I got a key fob with my SE. Maybe the LE's get a 'better' playfield and the SEs get the fob?

Enjoying the heck outta my MBr - nicely done CGC!!

#2652 5 years ago

I have 2 complaints. The first complaint is the same issue that Arcade is having. The ball will come out of the shooter lane and instead of going into to pops, it rejects. Can't tell if it is a gate issue but it has only happened 4 or 5 times out of the 100+ games my family put on it this weekend so it's hard to pinpoint BUT I've already talked to CGC and they are on top of it.

Last complaint is kind of a stupid one but I wish a Monster Bash key fob came with the pinball machine. I know it is really dumb but I like having a key fob from the specific pin for the key to tell the difference between my keys to my pins. I wouldn't mind so much if I could just buy a key fob online but apparently they are non existent for Monster Bash

I recall AFMR had similar issues (it was not going all the way around on the skill shot) and one cause of this was the auto plunger was not hitting flush with the ball. Check this by placing a ball in the shooter lane (with the game off) and make sure its centered with the plunger tip. Also, I had to turn down the plunger coil power a notch, since it was flying up and hitting the ramp above it. That fixed my AFMR, though some people had to bend their guides. Make sure the ball in not ramping up too much and hitting anything. I'll check my MBR later, since its always plunged without a problem.

Mine came with a fob, I'm assuming you looked in the bag for it. Send CGC a message requesting one, since they were clearly shipping them out with them at some point.

#2653 5 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

Mine came with a fob, I'm assuming you looked in the bag for it. Send CGC a message requesting one, since they were clearly shipping them out with them at some point.

I didn't get a key fob. Is CGC really going to go out of their way to give me a 25 cent item?

#2654 5 years ago

My LE came in saturday. Waiting on the weather so my guy can deliver.... chicago weather

#2655 5 years ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

I didn't get a key fob. Is CGC really going to go out of their way to give me a 25 cent item?

They should. Its not your fault they failed to include it.

#2656 5 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

I recall AFMR had similar issues (it was not going all the way around on the skill shot) and one cause of this was the auto plunger was not hitting flush with the ball. Check this by placing a ball in the shooter lane (with the game off) and make sure its centered with the plunger tip. Also, I had to turn down the plunger coil power a notch, since it was flying up and hitting the ramp above it. That fixed my AFMR, though some people had to bend their guides. Make sure the ball in not ramping up too much and hitting anything. I'll check my MBR later, since its always plunged without a problem.

Thanks for the info! I will look at that when I get home.

Quoted from bigdaddy07:

Yes I looked in the bag and also looked to see if it was stapled inside the cabinet. When I talked to CGC, I was told they had a limited amount of key fobs and weren't allowed to make anymore since the William's name is on the key fob. I was confused but just went with it

#2657 5 years ago

Yes I looked in the bag and also looked to see if it was stapled inside the cabinet. When I talked to CGC, I was told they had a limited amount of key fobs and weren't allowed to make anymore since the William's name is on the key fob. I was confused but just went with it

Easy to make your own!

B75CF34F-8A84-403D-B18E-F9A678962284 (resized).pngB75CF34F-8A84-403D-B18E-F9A678962284 (resized).png
#2658 5 years ago
Quoted from BillyPilgrim:

Easy to make your own!
[quoted image]

Not a bad idea! I might just do that. Like I said earlier, it's no biggie that there isn't one with the game, just would be nice. But CGC has quality products so that is what matters most at the end of the day. I'm very happy with my Monster Bash and so is my family.

#2659 5 years ago

I put thumbscrew locks on all my games.. keys are a pain in the ass..

#2660 5 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Loving our new LE.
It is stunning.
Only had two minor issues out of the box.
The left sling was on a hair trigger making it impossible to just cradle the ball directly from a Creature kickout.
Made the gap a little wider on the switch blades and it works like a champ now.
Sometimes the ball will fly off the bal launch at the end and not go all the way around to the pops.
Still have not figured this one out yet, but am suspecting the bend in the metal blade again like on AFM.

I experienced both those issues as well. Adjusted the switch gap for an easy fix.
Shooter still rattles around, lowered the power to min and it helped a bit, but some launches are actually hitting the wireform above!

#2661 5 years ago

I wish a Monster Bash key fob came with the pinball machine

Mine came with a key fob.

#2662 5 years ago

I hope I find out if mine comes with one sooner than later lol

#2663 5 years ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

I put thumbscrew locks on all my games.. keys are a pain in the ass..

That's a good idea. I bought a bunch of keyed-alike locks from PBR so I only needed one key (back when I had a bunch of games...).

#2664 5 years ago

Great weekend for both MBrLE and AFMrLE at The Flipper Room! They were both in the IFPA California State Championships on Saturday, and a "Strikes" tournament on Sunday and performed great.

After around 400 plays on location, my only two issues would be the scoop protector having more dents than anticipated, but not horrible. Secondly, I need to add new weather stripping to the Lockdown bar. Very happy with these 2 remakes, great job CGC!

20190120_172328 (resized).jpg20190120_172328 (resized).jpg
#2665 5 years ago

I received my LE last Thursday and has been playing amazingly! I'm very impressed with the quality of the machine and couldn't be happier.
I have 2 complaints. The first complaint is the same issue that Arcade is having. The ball will come out of the shooter lane and instead of going into to pops, it rejects. Can't tell if it is a gate issue but it has only happened 4 or 5 times out of the 100+ games my family put on it this weekend so it's hard to pinpoint BUT I've already talked to CGC and they are on top of it.
Overall not only am I impressed with Monster Bash and it's quality but I'm impressed with CGC as well!

they are definitely out there. I’ve bought 2 at shows and have at least 2 additional “Universal Monsters” fobs. Let me see if I can find the other one..

#2666 5 years ago

I bought a fob on epay. I also key all my games the same, 1 key for all. I use the fob for the back box keys and hang inside coin door. You can get bulk locks all keyed the same from Pinball Life.

#2667 5 years ago

I’m getting crazy airballs off of Frank’s Monster when he’s in standing position. Plastic is gonna get broken. Is there an angle of stance that corrects this? Or are airballs just a thing with MB?

#2668 5 years ago
Quoted from DANGERTERROR:

I’m getting crazy airballs off of Frank’s Monster when he’s in standing position. Plastic is gonna get broken. Is there an angle of stance that corrects this? Or are airballs just a thing with MB?

Flippers still on default? If so, try -3 or -4.

#2669 5 years ago

We did get a key fob.
Was a bit surprised to see it because we did not get one with AFM.
But there were tons of them available at TPF last year so no big deal.

#2670 5 years ago

I'm not a very good picture taker, but here's my protector after 186 plays. If you zoom in, you can see a few dings, but not too bad.

20190121_204610 (resized).jpg20190121_204610 (resized).jpg
#2671 5 years ago
Quoted from Cyrus:

Apologies if this is mentioned/buried somewhere in the 100's of postings on this thread, (I did a search but did not find a reference) but I was really happy with the MB pin blades I got for my SE. They are made by a guy in England who on Pinside is known as SillyOldElf. Colors are well blended and his scenes correspond with the sections of the PF. We put these on last night and they are gorgeous. He ships from England so some extra time needed for it to arrive, but I think totally worth the wait. https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1073-sillyoldelf-mods.

IMO, SillyOldElf makes the best pin blades in the business. I have them on my LOTR and my TSPP and I plan on putting them over the mirror blades on my MBR LE. They are that good

#2672 5 years ago
Quoted from netman63129:

IMO, SillyOldElf makes the best pin blades in the business. I have them on my LOTR and my TSPP and I plan on putting them over the mirror blades on my MBR LE. They are that good

Is that really possible? My wife loves the artwork sillyoldelf more than the mirror blades but wants the LE edition that we have on order for all the other things.

Can you really put his art over the mirror blades safely?

#2673 5 years ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

Is that really possible? My loves the artwork for the sides more than the mirror blades but wants the LE edition that we have on order for all the other things.

They are really that good

#2674 5 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

Flippers still on default? If so, try -3 or -4.

They are! I didn’t know we were all cranking them down. Thanks.

#2675 5 years ago

I wanted to chime in a bit on the screen printed play-fields, I'll try to keep it short. My wife and I own a wholesale apparel screen printing company.

We received our SE about a week ago and I was extremely impressed with the quality of the play field. If I take the glass off and stick my nose in the machine I can find a few (3) super small dots that aren't perfect BUT from playing level the play field looks absolutely amazing.

I was blown away (in a good way!) to read the post about the 10 color print the play field receives. I've printed a few million shirts in the last decade and we have only done a 10 color print a few times. We use top of the line equipment (http://roqinternational.com/), but during some prints the smallest piece of lint or other debris can shut a job down real quick. For us, printing apparel is more forgiving than printing on paper or wood and we have ways to mend small mistakes. Screen printing is all about setup and a mistake can sometimes mean breaking down the entire job and starting from scratch, this can take hours or days depending on the issue.

Digital printing has tried to make a dent in the traditional screen printing market for about 20 years now and there are several reasons why it has not done more than make a dent. I can only speak for my experiences with apparel printing but digital printers are far from being able to produce the vivid colors spot color screen printing can. I've seen all the big DTG printers at trade shows that fetch $50k and don't me wrong they work great for the small market they serve but they are a long way from replacing screen printing.

I think it would be super cool to see how the play fields are printed, I would love to see the setup in person or video.

My bottom line is I LOVE telling people that the play field on our MBR was hand screen printed. 300+ plays this a week, scoop looks great. woo

Rock on!

#2676 5 years ago
Quoted from DANGERTERROR:

They are! I didn’t know we were all cranking them down. Thanks.

I'm on -8 and flipping great.

#2677 5 years ago
Quoted from LoganJK:

I wanted to chime in a bit on the screen printed play-fields, I'll try to keep it short. My wife and I own a wholesale apparel screen printing company.
We received our SE about a week ago and I was extremely impressed with the quality of the play field. If I take the glass off and stick my nose in the machine I can find a few (3) super small dots that aren't perfect BUT from playing level the play field looks absolutely amazing.
I was blown away (in a good way!) to read the post about the 10 color print the play field receives. I've printed a few million shirts in the last decade and we have only done a 10 color print a few times. We use top of the line equipment (http://roqinternational.com/), but during some prints the smallest piece of lint or other debris can shut a job down real quick. For us, printing apparel is more forgiving than printing on paper or wood and we have ways to mend small mistakes. Screen printing is all about setup and a mistake can sometimes mean breaking down the entire job and starting from scratch, this can take hours or days depending on the issue.
Digital printing has tried to make a dent in the traditional screen printing market for about 20 years now and there are several reasons why it has not done more than make a dent. I can only speak for my experiences with apparel printing but digital printers are far from being able to produce the vivid colors spot color screen printing can. I've seen all the big DTG printers at trade shows that fetch $50k and don't me wrong they work great for the small market they serve but they are a long way from replacing screen printing.
I think it would be super cool to see how the play fields are printed, I would love to see the setup in person or video. What kind of ink? mesh count? I'm curious because I love pinball and screen printing. @cgc_dougs I know you have been doing this for a while but I might have a trick or to you like, email me.
My bottom line is I LOVE telling people that the play field on our MBR was hand screen printed. 300+ plays this a week, scoop looks great. woo
Rock on!

Love hearing your passion LoganJK - its so cool when 2 of your worlds meet. Now you make me want an MBr.

#2678 5 years ago

Does anyone have a pic of the underside. Just would like to see how it looks under there.

#2679 5 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Does anyone have a pic of the underside. Just would like to see how it looks under there.

Like a damn spaceship.

3CB205FC-5E5A-42EC-BFA2-6EC1B1DC90CC (resized).jpeg3CB205FC-5E5A-42EC-BFA2-6EC1B1DC90CC (resized).jpeg
#2680 5 years ago

Just curious does anyone have an idea of how much the large main board under that PF is gonna cost if it needs replacing? I seriously doubt that thing can be repaired. That's about the only thing that makes me nervous at all.

#2681 5 years ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

Just curious does anyone have an idea of how much the large main board under that PF is gonna cost if it needs replacing? I seriously doubt that thing can be repaired. That's about the only thing that makes me nervous at all.

The components on this board are very replaceable. None of them are super fine pitch. The one custom component is actually socketed. The size of it may be a bit scary but in fact there isn't much on there.

The architecture of these remakes is really a great blend of old and new.

#2682 5 years ago

According to R&L Carriers, #900 lands here in central NY tomorrow afternoon. Got my magnifying glass ready to scrutinize that playfield! Just kidding ... as long as it's reasonably nice, like my AFMrLE, I'm happy. I would think that after this recently heightened focus on quality, the game should be superb.

#2683 5 years ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

Driver board is in the backbox. Same one as in AFMR. And transistors are through hole construction so they can be replaced.

LTG : )

#2684 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Driver board is in the backbox. Same one as in AFMR. And transistors are through hole construction so they can be replaced.
LTG : )

This is what I love about these remakes! Perfect update to the WPC architecture!

#2685 5 years ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

Is that really possible? My wife loves the artwork sillyoldelf more than the mirror blades but wants the LE edition that we have on order for all the other things.
Can you really put his art over the mirror blades safely?

This will be my first attempt (when I receive my MBR) but I see no reason why it would not work. If anything, the mirror blades are a smoother surface than wood so they should adhere quite well. As with any pin blades, you just need to be extra careful when raising the playfield so as not to scratch them.

#2686 5 years ago
Quoted from cheshirefilms:

As before the question isn't the quality of the lot, but rather what gives the LE owners the "right" to draw the best of the best while everyone else gets the seconds. Even if the seconds are "great" and well beyond the BW originals as a class.

what gives us the right is more spondulicks!

spondulicks (resized).pngspondulicks (resized).png

mwahahaha!

more seriously, I think this is the sort of thing I'd like to be advertised and clearly something CGC learned from the playfield issues of MMR and AFMR, its good to see them act on this. However I'm not sure I'd be overjoyed if I had an SE on order!

Neil.

#2687 5 years ago

Just put in the Lermods plasma disc. It works and looks great. Should show or tell where to plug in though. Nothing in manual. Goes under the playfield on a dedicated spot.

plasma (resized).jpgplasma (resized).jpg
#2688 5 years ago
Quoted from drummermike:

Just put in the Lermods plasma disc. It works and looks great. Should show or tell where to plug in though. Nothing in manual. Goes under the playfield on a dedicated spot.
[quoted image]

Cool, glad you like it! Where to plug it in with pics and how to install it is in our instructions on our website. The packaging it came in also provides info on where to find the instructions.

#2689 5 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Cool, glad you like it! Where to plug it in with pics and how to install it is in our instructions on our website. The packaging it came in also provides info on where to find the instructions.

I looked again and did find the info on the plastic bag it came in. Sorry about that!

#2690 5 years ago

Anyone know where the monster table wood overlay mod went?

#2691 5 years ago
Quoted from drummermike:

That was a new mod by mezlemods I believe.

#2692 5 years ago

Thanks. I will check it out.

#2693 5 years ago

TL;DR
On playfields and playfield issues... When I went to buy my first pinball machine, the idea to buy one NIB was a pipe dream based on economics alone. And not because I was not so well off at that point in my life, but more the idea of why I was buying one in the first place. I was looking to reduce my monthly pinball playing expenses, not invest in something for down the road. And then you ask how much pinball were you playing? And that answer was like about $100 a month... in 1991... easy. So for me, ownership was going to help reduce my playing expenses, and temporarily in my life, it did. Ok, fast forward 28 years and now I figure my dream is finally in my pipe, and when it gets here, no doubt in my mind, this MBrLE is going to be the Hope Diamond in our collection. As a matter of fact, I will look at my “players machines” playfields and their day one mylared haze and then I am going to look at the Monster Bash and the beautiful smooth, bright, and shiny pf, and I am going to get a little misty eyed, a little lump will stick in my throat, I will push the credit button and I will not look back. You can complain all you want about nit picky little shit, but play 28 years on hazy bubbled up mylar and then come talk to me about playfield defects. Unless this playfield looks like cottage cheese after 250 plays, I am not going to complain. Ghosting doesn't bother me either unless it preceeds wholesale peeling of the inserts. And why do people worry about wear in the shooter lane? Mylar under ramp drops and where trough kicker slams it out, but are people protecting the clear laquered natural wood?

#2694 5 years ago

Received my (pinballpimp) Frank decal today ... I like the way this looks!

E84B39A8-C3EE-4FD1-8695-9ADB38184075 (resized).jpegE84B39A8-C3EE-4FD1-8695-9ADB38184075 (resized).jpeg
#2695 5 years ago
Quoted from arcadem:

[quoted image]

“ That’s a beaut Clark !”

#2696 5 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

Received my (pinballpimp) Frank decal today ... I like the way this looks![quoted image]

Got mine too, good quality and looks great.

#2697 5 years ago

MBRLE arrived today. I haven’t had much time to play it, and I haven’t examined the play field under a microscope....

But... they shipped it without any pinballs. Not a big deal, but a bit humorous none the less. I sent CGC an email so they can be on the lookout for that subtle mistake.

#2698 5 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

Received my (pinballpimp) Frank decal today ... I like the way this looks![quoted image]

Just ordered one.

#2699 5 years ago
Quoted from drummermike:

Mezelmods. I will put up a review when I receive it tomorrow or thurs.

#2700 5 years ago
Quoted from andrewket:

MBRLE arrived today. I haven’t had much time to play it, and I haven’t examined the play field under a microscope....
But... they shipped it without any pinballs. Not a big deal, but a bit humorous none the less. I sent CGC an email so they can be on the lookout for that subtle mistake.

Don’t know what it is about collectors these days....so demanding. Back in my day we’d throw a couple of old stones or marbles in there and fire her up.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 33.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

Machine - For Sale
Shepherdsville, KY
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lafayette, LA
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Greeley, CO
$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 12.95
There are 9,329 posts in this topic. You are on page 54 of 187.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monster-bash-remake-mbr-owners-club/page/54?hl=drypaint and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.