(Topic ID: 222461)

Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)

By MrSanRamon

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 9,324 posts
  • 731 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by KidDynamite
  • Topic is favorited by 277 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)”

• I'm in on a CE 77 votes
    9%
  • I'm in on a SE 172 votes
    21%
  • I'm in on a LE 396 votes
    48%
  • I'm out for now 182 votes
    22%

(827 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

wire switch 2 (resized).jpg
R orbit switch (resized).jpg
IMG_4951 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4943 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0464 (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
IMG_3190 (resized).jpeg
Wolfman (resized).jpg
IMG_2467 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4014 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231111_165525077 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20231112-165133 (resized).png
20231110_123120 (resized).jpg
20231105_122730 (resized).jpg
94B393B7-CB09-4AFB-A166-CF0EC7F7F9A0 (resized).jpeg
3D150F78-A1C1-4B31-A9FA-00031163D7C1 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 9,324 posts in this topic. You are on page 51 of 187.
#2501 5 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

If true, it's interesting that George Gomez (who suggested an old school simpler WPC type ruleset for Munsters), who designed MB, is competing against himself for sales.

Isn’t The Munsters a Borg design???

#2502 5 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

That blows! was it SAIA?

It was.

#2503 5 years ago

I think with all hidden modes and wizard goals, on a consistent basis, this machine kicks my ass and keeps me on my toes WITHOUT a ball saver (Hello? Munsters calling...). My biggest pet peeve? You find Franks head, and have every instrument but the Microphone, you flip the last right ramp to start Ball and Chain. You then shoot the left ramp, right ramp, left ramp, right ramp, left ramp then last right ramp for the micrphone then you want The Phantom flip to finish Frank, star Frank multiball, and then finish ball and chain during Frank MB to get the MOR before bash 50M bonus when you get done with Frank BUT...
Lights blinking on during a Ball and Chain light show (like the phantom flip inserts) and you think it is active in the correct lane and you watch ball 3 drain down the flipper and out as you notice everything is lit...MOR, bash, extra ball, Frank MB is ready... I have done this more than once in some 20 years of play. But I always make Lyman take the last shot if I can... I like to see just what shot “he” thinks is best for me. But trusting Phantom flip to make your wizard shots meens you have to make your own shots count ALL the time. Live by the flipper, die by the (phantom) flipper.

#2504 5 years ago

I have found in my 20 years in sales, that the #1 thing that alienates your customer base and starts firestorms, warranted or not, is not communicating. I can think of dozens and dozens of times where I had to communicate bad news, but people were almost always more understanding in patient if I provided consistent, proactive communication. I have had to deliver news of multiple month delays on critical medical equipment, and still had the customers stick with me because I follow up and keep them in the loop good or bad. Silence is a killer. But with that said, this industry needs a tracking mechanism for builds. I can't say it's not hard to do this as I am not in the industry and I would assume if it were easy, CGC would be doing it. But man if they could figure out an automated system to track the build as it progresses and send out even some major milestones i.e "LE #632 completed today, LE #222, 848 and 168 will start next week Monday. LE #888 in stage 3 of final stages of assembly". Something like that - can you imagine how many hours would be saved in calls alone checking on status or expressing frustration?

#2505 5 years ago
Quoted from Nytewatch33:

I have found in my 20 years in sales, that the #1 thing that alienates your customer base and starts firestorms, warranted or not, is not communicating. I can think of dozens and dozens of times where I had to communicate bad news, but people were almost always more understanding in patient if I provided consistent, proactive communication. I have had to deliver news of multiple month delays on critical medical equipment, and still had the customers stick with me because I follow up and keep them in the loop good or bad. Silence is a killer. But with that said, this industry needs a tracking mechanism for builds. I can't say it's not hard to do this as I am not in the industry and I would assume if it were easy, CGC would be doing it. But man if they could figure out an automated system to track the build as it progresses and send out even some major milestones i.e "LE #632 completed today, LE #222, 848 and 168 will start next week Monday. LE #888 in stage 3 of final stages of assembly". Something like that - can you imagine how many hours would be saved in calls alone checking on status or expressing frustration?

This exactly. At work my creed is transparency...even when things are not...as we would like. It has worked well for me. People don't like to be kept guessing.

#2506 5 years ago

There are circumstances where saying something might be worse than not saying anything. Maybe they found a flaw they're trying to fix, but if they say what it is then everyone that already has a game will want it fixed...and maybe it's a huge flaw that requires the game to come back to the factory. Or maybe they just figured the LE buyers will wait no matter what and they can get more sales by cranking out the other models during this early hype period. Who knows. I generally figure if they're not saying something, it's because someone will be upset if they hear it. We know they watch these threads so silence means a lot sometimes. Or maybe they're just too busy building my game to type an update. I want to believe...

#2507 5 years ago
Quoted from Nytewatch33:

I totally agree with you; however this is not CGC's first rodeo. They've already been through years of manufacturing so one would assume they know what their doing. The silence and the lack of performance is a definite concern.

#2508 5 years ago

Maybe someone can answer a question on Non-refundable deposits in this instance of MBr.
At what point is your deposit refundable? Many distributors lay out "30-90 days for delivery, deposits are non refundable".
I think if they can't hold up their end of the agreement, it is void. However, i want to be sure. Today is day 90 for me. Other venues in the area already have a title, i may need to bail and try for a fresh title. I'm not sure which direction to go here, can't make up my mind, want to be clear about options.

#2509 5 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

Man... the Bride of Frankenstein is a bitch... gets all wound up about her potential suitor... then whacks him on the head with a cast-iron pan!
The Wolfman is kind of a pussy (before he transforms).
Drac has a great sense of humor
Creatch makes me want to buy a CFTBL pin.
Mummy is great comic relief.
Frankenstein is fun as hell to bash... I love that shot, very gratifying.

You get some horrendous air balls hitting Frankies shoe, the shot doesn't register when hitting only one shoe and God knows where the ball ends up.

#2510 5 years ago

The coffin lid on the Mummy started trying to open but only maybe 10% of it's initial travel then would slam shut, checked it out and you could feel rubbing somewhere when trying to manually open the lid but nothing visible, put a tiny drop of oil on each area of metal-to-metal contact, completly corrected it.

#2511 5 years ago

question - when shooting a full left orbit during wolf mode where is the ball supposed to wind up?
A) left flipper
B) right flipper
C) SDTM

Wanted to know which way I need to bend the ball guide, as I don't remember from the original.
Getting mainly C's

#2512 5 years ago
Quoted from hocuslocus:

question - when shooting a full left orbit during wolf mode where is the ball supposed to wind up?
A) left flipper
B) right flipper
C) SDTM
Wanted to know which way I need to bend the ball guide, as I don't remember from the original.
Getting mainly C's

Should be right flipper. I haven’t had a drain on mine.

#2513 5 years ago
Quoted from hocuslocus:

A) left flipper
B) right flipper
C) SDTM
Getting mainly C's

Mine goes to the right flipper unless it hits Dracs feet sticking out under the coffin. When Drac kicks it it'll go SDTM.

#2514 5 years ago

Do anyone think the delays might have something to do with the scoop protector? Just a thought.

#2515 5 years ago
Quoted from Mogg:

Many distributors lay out "30-90 days for delivery, deposits are non refundable".

Why don't you call your distributor and find out?

Not sure why you would ask here, when each instance is probably different...distributor stock level, type of game (LE, CE, SE), game demand, etc.

But to try to shed some light on what you ask, it's PROBABLY refundable at any time IF the distributor can sell it to someone else.

Robert

#2516 5 years ago
Quoted from ercvacation:

Do anyone think the delays might have something to do with the scoop protector? Just a thought.

No, probably gotta be stock of the topper, lockdown bar, powdered trim, or shaker.

Doesn't make sense they can keep pumping out SEs and CEs at will and not the LE unless it's an LE specific part shortage.

#2517 5 years ago

I've only played MB 4 times in my life and I've played a lot of pinball machines.

I'm really looking forward to getting this game for my daughter.

On a side note I never like AFM, as the ones I always played were always dark, dirty and didn't play like a game should. Fast forward, Marvelous Marvin's Mechanical Museum....I played the remake there and it was bright, fast, and a blast too play...Hopefully will have one in my collection one day.

#2518 5 years ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

I've only played MB 4 times in my life and I've played a lot of pinball machines.
I'm really looking forward to getting this game for my daughter.
On a side note I never like AFM, as the ones I always played were always dark, dirty and didn't play like a game should. Fast forward, Marvelous Marvin's Mechanical Museum....I played the remake there and it was bright, fast, and a blast too play...Hopefully will have one in my collection one day.

AFMr is so good! I almost got that one instead. I picked MB because of its broader appeal. AFMr is on the short list for sure !!

#2519 5 years ago
Quoted from dts:

I've been tracking the Munsters thread and while it looks fun, reviews are saying that it is too easy. Not sure I understand why more new buyers aren't going over to MBr instead... I've played the LE quite a bit now, and it is just great!

Keep in mind that's what most people say about MB. It blows my mind that there's so much complaining about Houdini being hard and the shots "too tight" and a game like Munsters is "too easy"

#2520 5 years ago
Quoted from cheshirefilms:

No, probably gotta be stock of the topper, lockdown bar, powdered trim, or shaker.
Doesn't make sense they can keep pumping out SEs and CEs at will and not the LE unless it's an LE specific part shortage.

Another theory - the LE customers are fish already in the barrel. Time bound opportunity for CGC to capture SE and CE customers prior to forthcoming Munsters release.

#2521 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballCoug:

Mine goes to the right flipper unless it hits Dracs feet sticking out under the coffin. When Drac kicks it it'll go SDTM.

Has anybody looked into whether or not this is fixable? The ball hits Drac's feet on mine too, after I restored it, but it did not do it before. I'm stumped on how to fix it though

#2522 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Has anybody looked into whether or not this is fixable? The ball hits Drac's feet on mine too, after I restored it, but it did not do it before. I'm stumped on how to fix it though

I’ve never had this happen. Does this happen at any velocity... or is it when it’s kind of a weak roll out of the loop?

#2523 5 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

I’ve never had this happen. Does this happen at any velocity... or is it when it’s kind of a weak roll out of the loop?

It happens on our CE when it's a weak roll. A timed nudge works wonders.

#2524 5 years ago

On a strong loop shot from the left, it avoids Dracula’s feet. On some shots to the right, especially a pop bumper exit, it sometimes ricochets off the inner left ball guide into his feet. On my game, when this happens, it diverts to the left flipper so it’s not a big deal. Maybe 1/50 times it went down the middle. My understanding from earlier in the thread is that this is normal on MB.

#2525 5 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

AFMr is so good! I almost got that one instead. I picked MB because of its broader appeal. AFMr is on the short list for sure !!

Still waiting on my MBRLE so pulled the trigger on a AFMRLE. Sara at PPS was able to number match. #379. AFMRLE shipped yesterday. Cannot wait. Now off to give blood today to help pay for these 2.

#2526 5 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

I'd say it does typically happen more on slower shots or those coming out of the pops.
Based on this I checked side to side level in case I was tilted right but it checked out good. I had a similar issue on MMr and ended up bending out the ball guide to fix, but not ready to attempt on MBr yet as there might be an alternate solution.

#2527 5 years ago
Quoted from Mogg:

Maybe someone can answer a question on Non-refundable deposits in this instance of MBr.
At what point is your deposit refundable? Many distributors lay out "30-90 days for delivery, deposits are non refundable".
I think if they can't hold up their end of the agreement, it is void. However, i want to be sure. Today is day 90 for me. Other venues in the area already have a title, i may need to bail and try for a fresh title. I'm not sure which direction to go here, can't make up my mind, want to be clear about options.

I would call and make the request. Assuming its for the LE I'm sure he can sell your position. If your distributor won't give it back then don't ever do business with hem again.

#2528 5 years ago

Each day I come here for moral support and the hope of some scrap or fragment of a communication from CGC on when my MBrLE might become more than a figment of my imagination... and at what point do caged animals start attacking and eating each other? I think we are almost there...

#2529 5 years ago

So the most likely reality is- they overshot demand on the CE and SE, that's why they're available, and they haven't sourced enough playfields to keep up with the LE. Had they "guessed right" on demand across the board, all 3 versions would be hard to get, and thered be more LEs in owners hands by today. #Facts

#2530 5 years ago

These are worth waiting for, I'm staying in line.

#2531 5 years ago

I have read these posts about CGC's lack of communication on why the LE's are not shipping or that they are shipping in low quantities.

I have refrained from posting as I have my LE and have had it since December 20th.

While they (CGC) actually don't sell to us, the fact that the games are drop shipped from the factory makes the association easier.

The only info I have is from my distributor is that it's probably a playfield issue (unconfirmed by CGC) for the LE's that's causing the delay. And CGC is trying to make the best games possible, so they are holding up LE shipments.

If the playfields are really the issue, and if I didn't have my game, I'd be really glad that they aren't shipping some substandard part just to make some LE sales goal.

It would be great if CGC posted here, but in reality it should be a distributor that would give us the info, since we are their customer(s). And the distributor should be calling CGC to get the scoop for us. My distributor told me that he has only gotten 6 of his allotment to date...mine was the first the next 5 came last week. He's also had a few people cancel.

If I find out anything more about this, I'll post here.

Robert

#2532 5 years ago

I wouldn't be surprised to see some people cancel if delays continue. I chose MBrLE over a few other options in part because I thought I'd have to wait longer for some of the others, but now it seems pretty clear that this is going to be the longest wait. I'm not jumping ship but I'm also sort of wishing I had just bought a different game that I could be playing already. I think it's unlikely that I get to a point where I try to cancel, but it's going to make me less likely to consider the next remake, especially when there's no communication or much transparency in the process.

#2533 5 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

It’s very frequent, but I am pretty sure the majority of the time it’s with a weak(er) roll. If I get a good shot in the orbit is very smooth, but coming back off the pops especially it always hits Drac’s feet or the top of the sling

#2534 5 years ago
Quoted from cheshirefilms:

So the most likely reality is- they overshot demand on the CE and SE, that's why they're available, and they haven't sourced enough playfields to keep up with the LE. Had they "guessed right" on demand across the board, all 3 versions would be hard to get, and thered be more LEs in owners hands by today. #Facts

Is the LE playfield different somehow? I thought they were all the same

#2535 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Is the LE playfield different somehow? I thought they were all the same

They are the same.

#2536 5 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

They are the same.

It looks to me that the cabinets of the SE & CE are identical, the backboxes of the CE & LE are identical and the playfield assemblies of the CE & LE are identical (except for plasma disk).

Robert

#2537 5 years ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

It looks to me that the cabinets of the SE & CE are identical, the backboxes of the CE & LE are identical and the playfield assemblies of the CE & LE are identical (except for plasma disk).
Robert

I mean..there's a breakdown right on the website. The only major difference is the topper and shaker. Like someone said, probably the topper. Or maybe they ran out of LED's. Or even the lockdown plaque.

#2538 5 years ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

I have read these posts about CGC's lack of communication on why the LE's are not shipping or that they are shipping in low quantities.
I have refrained from posting as I have my LE and have had it since December 20th.
While they (CGC) actually don't sell to us, the fact that the games are drop shipped from the factory makes the association easier.
The only info I have is from my distributor is that it's probably a playfield issue (unconfirmed by CGC) for the LE's that's causing the delay. And CGC is trying to make the best games possible, so they are holding up LE shipments.
If the playfields are really the issue, and if I didn't have my game, I'd be really glad that they aren't shipping some substandard part just to make some LE sales goal.
It would be great if CGC posted here, but in reality it should be a distributor that would give us the info, since we are their customer(s). And the distributor should be calling CGC to get the scoop for us. My distributor told me that he has only gotten 6 of his allotment to date...mine was the first the next 5 came last week. He's also had a few people cancel.
If I find out anything more about this, I'll post here.
Robert

I appreciate the insight. I was told that CGC makes their own play fields so clearly they should have known if theres an issue. Its not like they don't have an inventory of play fields (all models use the same play field) that have passed inspection as these are not made overnight. My issue I have with them is that they requested full payment (per my distributor) stating the game would ship the following week, and to top that CGC requested payment from the distributor for all the games he ordered. Its now been three weeks with zero word from CGC....I would have ZERO issue if it was just my deposit, but they requested full payment. I'm gonna give it another week, but if its not shipped I'll request a full refund, and just buy one when distributors actually have them in stock.

#2539 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Each day I come here for moral support and the hope of some scrap or fragment of a communication from CGC on when my MBrLE might become more than a figment of my imagination... and at what point do caged animals start attacking and eating each other? I think we are almost there...

Agreed - I'm really pissed. Was expecting mine the week of Christmas. If you ordered from PP you probably don't have any issues. Think they play favs.

#2540 5 years ago

I heard there was a delay in producing the engraved number plates. Line should be moving again soon.

#2541 5 years ago

I’m sure I’ll get yelled at, but I’ll say it anyway...

Everyone take a breath. CGC will deliver. So they’re behind. I thought I’d have my machine the week between Christmas and New Years. I had family over and was looking forward to it. It didn’t happen. Not the end of the world. We’ve got 800k federal employees out of a job or working without a paycheck, children being separated from their parents by the US government, and people struggling to feed their families or obtain drinking water. Let’s try to keep some perspective.

#2542 5 years ago
Quoted from andrewket:

Everyone take a breath. CGC will deliver. So they’re behind. I thought I’d have my machine the week between Christmas and New Years. I had family over and was looking forward to it. It didn’t happen. Not the end of the world. We’ve got 800k federal employees out of a job or working without a paycheck, children being separated from their parents by the US government, and people struggling to feed their families or obtain drinking water. Let’s try to keep some perspective.

When someone takes your $ and doesn't deliver its unacceptable especially if theres no explanation. If they truly had play field or plaque issues they could have easily been communicated to the end users.....what u discussed above is completely irrelevent

#2543 5 years ago

I would talk to your distros...they are the ones who asked you for the money. If it was over a month ago, that isn't CGC because CGC was sending out machines. Sounds like a breakdown in the process that could stand some improvement.

#2544 5 years ago
Quoted from andrewket:

UGH! CNN droning on in the background at the airport, the gym, dentist office waiting room ..... and now even on our MB Pinside Forum.

#2545 5 years ago

If I want to listen to someone drone on about world problems I'll tune in NPR... I didn't invite anyone in here to listen to me bitch about CGC and their continuously slipping delivery schedule, it just happens to be the most discussed subject right now, and with seemingly good reason by a few of us. Ymmv, but then I am not trying to feed the world or sing kumbaya in the middle of the desert while burning a giant effigy of a pinhead either... so I guess, save the whales? What else should we be talking about in here?

#2546 5 years ago

Boom!

B8841C5A-F924-408A-B11A-57CDD835CAC1 (resized).jpegB8841C5A-F924-408A-B11A-57CDD835CAC1 (resized).jpeg
#2547 5 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Boom!
[quoted image]

Excellent!!! I’ve only been able to crack 145.

#2548 5 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Boom!
[quoted image]

You are making me very jealous wacky... congrats.

Now as for my own delivery... I am not happy, Bob. NOT. HAPPY.

#2549 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

. I didn't invite anyone in here to listen to me bitch about CGC and their continuously slipping delivery schedule, it just happens to be the most discussed subject right now

no.. that would be Munsters code.

#2550 5 years ago
Quoted from corvair61:

no.. that would be Munsters code.

Yeah, that too

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 12.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp
Decals
There are 9,324 posts in this topic. You are on page 51 of 187.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monster-bash-remake-mbr-owners-club/page/51?hl=seenev and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.