(Topic ID: 222461)

Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)

By MrSanRamon

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 9,330 posts
  • 732 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 27 hours ago by Dashmonster
  • Topic is favorited by 277 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)”

• I'm in on a CE 77 votes
    9%
  • I'm in on a SE 172 votes
    21%
  • I'm in on a LE 396 votes
    48%
  • I'm out for now 182 votes
    22%

(827 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

wire switch 2 (resized).jpg
R orbit switch (resized).jpg
IMG_4951 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4943 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0464 (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
IMG_3190 (resized).jpeg
Wolfman (resized).jpg
IMG_2467 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4014 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231111_165525077 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20231112-165133 (resized).png
20231110_123120 (resized).jpg
20231105_122730 (resized).jpg
94B393B7-CB09-4AFB-A166-CF0EC7F7F9A0 (resized).jpeg
3D150F78-A1C1-4B31-A9FA-00031163D7C1 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 9,330 posts in this topic. You are on page 49 of 187.
#2401 5 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

I’m gonna ask a silly question...
Is your machine level left to right? You can get that “perfect pitch” bubble aligned properly and still be off left to right.

Quoted from Ricochet:

I’m gonna ask a silly question...
Is your machine level left to right? You can get that “perfect pitch” bubble aligned properly and still be off left to right.

Doesn't appear anybody responded.

Hard to sort through all the drivel so you may have missed what I found was playfield twist taht wouldn't allow me to get L-R level at both top and bottom:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monster-bash-remake-mbr-owners-club/page/21#post-4727173

#2402 5 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

What I found very surprising is that my distributor who requested final payment on 12/26 due to CGC telling him that the game would be built the following week has already paid CGC in full for his games...why would u pay anyone in full unless your games are shipping immediately? Especially to a company who has failed to delivery on time....seems like a very poor business decision to me.

I am dealing with the same thing. Not very happy sent payment in full and now if these rumors are true that non matching LEs could get pushed back to March or April my money is sitting unnecessarily elsewhere instead of my bank. And when I contacted distrib about this he said he already sent the money to CGC.

#2403 5 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

I am dealing with the same thing. Not very happy sent payment in full and now if these rumors are true that non matching LEs could get pushed back to March or April my money is sitting unnecessarily elsewhere instead of my bank. And when I contacted distrib about this he said he already sent the money to Stern.

Why would he send MBRLE money to Stern?

#2404 5 years ago

Being that CGC is not whole as a pinball manufacturer... this creates the condition for a mucked up manufacturing cycle.

Seems straightforward on paper to outsource the manufacturing ... In reality it’s a complicated relationship with competing schedules and priorities. Got to be a nightmare for CGC to plan effectively... pinball may be one big happy community but these guys are competitors.

#2405 5 years ago
Quoted from Quadrat:

Why would he send MBRLE money to Stern?

I'm sure he meant CGC....who knows maybe CGC is having cash flow issues....why else would u pay them in advance...

#2406 5 years ago
Quoted from LoganJK:

Can someone point me to the custom logo switcharoo instructions?

Page 1-12 in the manual. You can download the manual from - https://www.chicago-gaming.com/ - it's in the product manuals.

LTG : )

#2407 5 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

Being that CGC is not whole as a pinball manufacturer...

Ummmmmm................... They are.

Quoted from Ricochet:

In reality it’s a complicated relationship with competing schedules and priorities.

That was a few years back with MMR ONLY and back then. CGC has made MMR's since those days.

CGC has their own line. Expanded and people added. All the AFMR's and MBR's are made at CGC, as well as future titles going forward.

#2408 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Ummmmmm................... They are.

That was a few years back with MMR ONLY and back then. CGC has made MMR's since those days.
CGC has their own line. Expanded and people added. All the AFMR's and MBR's are made at CGC, as well as future titles going forward.

I learned something today! Thanks for clarifying that!... and good to know.

#2409 5 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

Can someone tell me what's the best place to purchase Pdi or invisaglass (or whatever is considered the best glass and bang for the buck)

I got my invisiglass from JJP direct.

#2410 5 years ago
Quoted from JHPSWE:

Long wait!!
I can understand why it’s so hard to inform people of building progress.
Extra hard when it’s 5 weeks over seas.
Well it’s worth waiting for.

You are not alone we can wait together...

#2411 5 years ago

Some one needs to do a mashup of the X-Files "I WANT TO BELIEVE" poster and the Indiana Jones "government warehouse full of crates" to make a graphic with a huge row of MBr boxes on the CGC dock under a "NOW SHIPPING" sign!

#2412 5 years ago
Quoted from c508:

Some one needs to do a mashup of the X-Files "I WANT TO BELIEVE" poster and the Indiana Jones "government warehouse full of crates" to make a graphic with a huge row of MBr boxes on the CGC dock under a "NOW SHIPPING" sign!

"We have top men working on it right now."
"TOP ... MEN!"

#2413 5 years ago

Did all three versions have the extra screws in the siderails ? Maybe someone can show a picture ?

Thanks

#2414 5 years ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

Did all three versions have the extra screws in the siderails ? Maybe someone can show a picture ?
Thanks

Those screws aren't likely "extra' but rather what holds them on instead of the mounting tape used by WPC to mount their rails back in the day.

They'll be on both stainless versions, not sure about the LE's though (though hopefully so, in case rails get damaged in shipping, etc- more fluid to replace, no need for hair dryers to melt the tape bond, etc etc).

#2415 5 years ago
Quoted from cheshirefilms:

They'll be on both stainless versions, not sure about the LE's though (hopefully so, in case rails get damaged in shipping, etc- easier to replace).

The screws ARE on the Le's

#2416 5 years ago

Cant see them on the promo pictures, so a picture will be helpful

#2417 5 years ago

Maybe this will help some guys out there with uncertainty. Had this communication with the factory last week, when asking about production plans for the European 220v machines:

We have experienced some production delays with Monster Bash Limited Editions, and we are currently completing all Domestic Serial Number Matching at this time. I anticipate our Standard LE production run to begin in early February. I am targeting international games to be produced during the early part of the production run.

#2418 5 years ago

I've noticed that the coin door on my MB is different from the coin door on my MMr.

This coin door looks more like the ones being used on Stern machines.

#2419 5 years ago

My Mmrle already has the Stern coindoor

#2420 5 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

I've noticed that the coin door on my MB is different from the coin door on my MMr.
This coin door looks more like the ones being used on Stern machines.

My coin door for my MMR is different than my AFMR (both are LE).
Both have two coin slots. AFM has a bigger space to add dollar mech.

#2421 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballGalore:

Maybe this will help some guys out there with uncertainty. Had this communication with the factory last week, when asking about production plans for the European 220v machines:
We have experienced some production delays with Monster Bash Limited Editions, and we are currently completing all Domestic Serial Number Matching at this time. I anticipate our Standard LE production run to begin in early February. I am targeting international games to be produced during the early part of the production run.

They basically don't commit to anything....I would be completely fine with delays if CGC didn't request full payment knowing full well they had ZERO chance of delivering....

#2422 5 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

They basically don't commit to anything....I would be completely fine with delays if CGC didn't request full payment knowing full well they had ZERO chance of delivering....

I feel for you guys. I expect getting my game within a couple of weeks after full payment. Complete BS. I wonder who is more at fault here? If CGC told your distributor that the game is ready, send us the full payment now...then shame on CGC, otherwise shame on your distributor. This is why pre-orders suck.

On the bright side, its a great game and worth waiting for. You'll be happy in the end and you will get your game, unlike when I had cash down on Alien.

#2423 5 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

I feel for you guys. I expect getting my game within a couple of weeks after full payment. Complete BS. I wonder who is more at fault here? If CGC told your distributor that the game is ready, send us the full payment now...then shame on CGC, otherwise shame on your distributor. This is why pre-orders suck.
On the bright side, its a great game and worth waiting for. You'll be happy in the end and you will get your game, unlike when I had cash down on Alien.

I'm sure in the end your 100% correct Not sure whose at fault, but when I was going to request a refund I was actually surprised my distributor told me he already sent the $ to CGC.....kinda crazy....last pre order for this kid

Sorry to hear about the Alien fiasco....that would put me over the edge

#2424 5 years ago

I remember having to wait, (paid in full) for 2 years before I received my MMr.

#2425 5 years ago
Quoted from drummermike:

I got my invisiglass from JJP direct.

Same here....I always buy mine directly from JJP....$330 delivered.....I also have PDI glass, but I don't see any difference and the PDI is a little more expensive.

#2426 5 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

What matching number were u?

Upper 500’s

#2427 5 years ago

I just dropped out (LE). I'm going for Munsters. Anyone interested in getting my spot, contact Larry at Flip N Out. He might already have someone waiting but worth a try.

#2428 5 years ago

I swear it's like a bunch of squirrels in here.

#2429 5 years ago
Quoted from Holztaesche:

You are not alone we can wait together...

)

#2430 5 years ago

I’m experimenting with some panduit grommet slotted edging ... just on the edge of the scoop that really chops the ball... I had it on both edges but on the outside edge it would just get knocked off.

In reality ...I think the ball will beat it to a pulp and I’ll end up with bits of it in the hole.

AADABD2E-EDB2-46F9-8741-C70FA8E81669 (resized).jpegAADABD2E-EDB2-46F9-8741-C70FA8E81669 (resized).jpeg
#2431 5 years ago

Who wants to join me in mobbing the CGC factory for some answers?

0000069802 (resized).jpg0000069802 (resized).jpg
#2432 5 years ago

Does anyone know what the issue is with the playfield that I have seen posted and supposedly has slowed down production? Do they make their own or does another company produce them?

#2433 5 years ago
Quoted from c508:

As a happy NIB Ghostbusters (Premium/LE) owner, I say go used with GB...
Why pay retail? Lots of nice Premiums for sale out there (and you can probably negotiate down to $6500 - $6200).

Yeah... and maybe one with some cool mods on it... I really want the side by side wiggling staypuft....

#2434 5 years ago

Surprised it only took me a couple days to think about this but, where's the mylar where the ball drops from the launch? Did Chicago Gaming deem this unnecessary because of the extra thick clear, or because over the top in home environment, where most of these may go?

#2435 5 years ago

Orderd first day available. Told something goofy with Warranty Regsitration - which I did day 1 after receiving.
Supposedly caused a delay.

PIF waiting several weeks AGO for MBLE Matching Numbered - WTF - Still not here..
Spoke to my distro.. No answers from CGC - Anyone have suggestion?

Wonder what the official word is from Chicago Coin. I was pleased with AMFRLE result but had game shortly after payment.

Getting worried.. Not what I expect for a LE Repeat Customer experience

#2436 5 years ago

They are building and shipping. Takes a long time to make 1250 machines. Be patient. You’ll be pleased with what you get

#2437 5 years ago

Chicago Gaming Company.

#2438 5 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

They are building and shipping. Takes a long time to make 1250 machines. Be patient. You’ll be pleased with that you get

maybe so, but they have also mislead several customers requesting final payments stating their game was shipping the following week.....its pretty poor business.

#2439 5 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

maybe so, but they have also mislead several customers requesting final payments stating their game was shipping the following week.....its pretty poor business.

Not sure how much of that is CGC vs Distributors but regardless you need to pay for it and you’ll get it. It’s a sweet game and worth that wait.

#2440 5 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Not sure how much of that is CGC vs Distributors but regardless you need to pay for it and you’ll get it. It’s a sweet game and worth that wait.

I can only tell you what my distributor told me. To my surprise (when I was requesting a refund) he told my he already paid CGC.....I have no doubt this is an CGC issue, and not a distributor issue. To make matters worse there's virtually no communication from CGC on whats going....

#2441 5 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

To make matters worse there's virtually no communication from CGC on whats going....

Considering they were dropping in regularly and posting updates before, it's not encouraging to hear these reports of problems and not have them officially address it.

#2442 5 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

Considering they were dropping in regularly and posting updates before, it's not encouraging to hear these reports of problems and not have them officially address it.

I believe we are getting worried for no reason. MMRLE took a while sure, but great job. AFMLE went even above and beyond what I think everyone expected. I own both and absolutely love them. I have ZERO doubt in my mind that my MBLE will arrive and I will love the shit out of it.
They may not address issues as quickly as we would like, but I know that they want these out just as bad as we do. It will all be worth it in the end.

#2443 5 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

Considering they were dropping in regularly and posting updates before,

Not really :

Doug Skor 5 Topics Started 38 Posts ( no longer with CGC ) Last Seen May 27, 2018
Ashley 3 Topics Started ( no longer with CGC ) Last Seen September 7, 2018
Ryan 3 Posts
Doug Duba 1 Topic Started 15 Posts

#2444 5 years ago
Quoted from hollywood:

I believe we are getting worried for no reason. MMRLE took a while sure, but great job. AFMLE went even above and beyond what I think everyone expected. I own both and absolutely love them. I have ZERO doubt in my mind that my MBLE will arrive and I will love the shit out of it.
They may not address issues as quickly as we would like, but I know that they want these out just as bad as we do. It will all be worth it in the end.

The point is they requested final payments yet still haven't delivered. Its one thing to have your non refundable deposit out there, but when they request final payment and don't perform its a big issue. I think they are having issues at the factory and are not being honest with their customers.

#2445 5 years ago
Quoted from Moeman65:

Does anyone know what the issue is with the playfield that I have seen posted and supposedly has slowed down production? Do they make their own or does another company produce them?

Someone had posted an image of small black spots, almost unnoticeable but maybe they are resolving any potential imperfections. I don't have a problem with this. I'd rather wait longer and receive higher quality. Learn the art of Delayed Gratification

FYI PPS told me when I ordered that if I paid in full, I would be moved ahead of those that only put $1000 down. I can see where some would pay in full given this information. They will still get their games before me but that's okay. I would rather have all (or most) of the issues resolved at the factory.

#2446 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Not really :
Doug Skor 5 Topics Started 38 Posts ( no longer with CGC ) Last Seen May 27, 2018
Ashley 3 Topics Started ( no longer with CGC ) Last Seen September 7, 2018
Ryan 3 Posts
Doug Duba 1 Topic Started 15 Posts

Someone from CGC gave an update within the last two weeks about how the matching LEs were taking longer than planned. If that kind of thing gets an update but "playfield issues" doesn't, I just don't know what to think about that.

#2447 5 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

Someone from CGC gave an update within the last two weeks about how the matching LEs were taking longer than planned. If that kind of thing gets an update but "playfield issues" doesn't, I just don't know what to think about that.

Looked it up, not much given in that update that we already didn't know.

Quoted from CGC-Ryan:

Happy New Year's Everybody.

I wanted to give everybody a quick update as to what is going on here at Chicago Gaming Company.

We are in production currently on the Monster Bash Limited Edition Serial Number matching games. We are working hard to get them completed to start our standard Monster Bash Limited Edition Production run. As you know we are committed to delivering the highest quality in all of our products, so we are taking a little extra time to ensure that every game is up to the quality that we demand.

#2448 5 years ago

These issues are why i havent ordered a LE yet. I think its crazy to give a dealer 8k+ and then wait months for a product they still have not delivered

#2449 5 years ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

These issues are why i havent ordered a LE yet. I think its crazy to give a dealer 8k+ and then wait months for a product they still have not delivered

your a wise man

#2450 5 years ago

I’ve played a MBRLE locally and it is exceptional, definitely worth the wait. It is my favorite of all the remakes and of extremely high quality. In fact, I even like it better than any original that I’ve had the chance to play. The lightshow and other improvements are great!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 33.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Machine - For Sale
Shepherdsville, KY
Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 12.95
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Greeley, CO
£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

There are 9,330 posts in this topic. You are on page 49 of 187.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monster-bash-remake-mbr-owners-club/page/49?hl=seenev and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.