(Topic ID: 222461)

Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)

By MrSanRamon

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 9,324 posts
  • 731 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by KidDynamite
  • Topic is favorited by 277 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)”

• I'm in on a CE 77 votes
    9%
  • I'm in on a SE 172 votes
    21%
  • I'm in on a LE 396 votes
    48%
  • I'm out for now 182 votes
    22%

(827 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

wire switch 2 (resized).jpg
R orbit switch (resized).jpg
IMG_4951 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4943 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0464 (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
IMG_3190 (resized).jpeg
Wolfman (resized).jpg
IMG_2467 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4014 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231111_165525077 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20231112-165133 (resized).png
20231110_123120 (resized).jpg
20231105_122730 (resized).jpg
94B393B7-CB09-4AFB-A166-CF0EC7F7F9A0 (resized).jpeg
3D150F78-A1C1-4B31-A9FA-00031163D7C1 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 9,324 posts in this topic. You are on page 48 of 187.
#2351 5 years ago

I bought a Houdini to play until my MBr gets here. It will be a magical day when it arrives. lol

#2352 5 years ago
Quoted from c508:

My distro says I will likely be getting my non-matching numbers LE (which I ordered on day one) in early March. The matching LE run is supposed to be complete by Feb 1. After that non-matching LEs.
We’ll see how long it takes, but he assured me there is no way I am getting it in the next 4-6 weeks.
I’m ok with that (or at least more ok than I would be with continual “any day now” assurances).

If your lucky....my matching LE (mid 500's) was supposed to ship already, and it keeps getting delayed...the latest excuse was they are having play field issues, which apparently they manufacture themselves......I was told today its at least another 2 weeks....

#2353 5 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

My MMr and MBr are not the same...not even close.
Take a closer look.

Pleased post some comparison pictures.

#2354 5 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

My MMr and MBr are not the same...not even close.
Take a closer look.

Pics?

#2355 5 years ago
Quoted from c508:

My distro says I will likely be getting my non-matching numbers LE (which I ordered on day one) in early March. The matching LE run is supposed to be complete by Feb 1. After that non-matching LEs.
We’ll see how long it takes, but he assured me there is no way I am getting it in the next 4-6 weeks.
I’m ok with that (or at least more ok than I would be with continual “any day now” assurances).

Well... This is my problem with all this waiting and no real information... I got a reply from my Distributor who said he was told they would send out an email this week regarding LEs...
Okay... Sure...
But, I was told to expect originally Mid December with the shipping... I figured okay... That would be pushed back as most get pushed back slightly. So I'm thinking around January... Doesn't seem to be the case now... Still hoping...
But, as I said before... I have to make sure I am available for the delivery and have the time off from work, and also another person to help me bring it in.
So I need to know the window. As this does cut down on me possibly traveling. The Arnold Classic is in March...
I know... at the end of the day its not a big problem... And most people would be happy if this was their biggest problem they were to be facing...
I just don't see how hard it is to tell people when to expect something that they're paying for.
At this rate I might have my next pinball machine before I get my MBr LE... Still a pretty game and I really can't wait to play it.

#2356 5 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

Well... This is my problem with all this waiting and no real information... I got a reply from my Distributor who said he was told they would send out an email this week regarding LEs...
Okay... Sure...
But, I was told to expect originally Mid December with the shipping... I figured okay... That would be pushed back as most get pushed back slightly. So I'm thinking around January... Doesn't seem to be the case now... Still hoping...
But, as I said before... I have to make sure I am available for the delivery and have the time off from work, and also another person to help me bring it in.
So I need to know the window. As this does cut down on me possibly traveling. The Arnold Classic is in March...
I know... at the end of the day its not a big problem... And most people would be happy if this was their biggest problem they were to be facing...
I just don't see how hard it is to tell people when to expect something that they're paying for.
At this rate I might have my next pinball machine before I get my MBr LE... Still a pretty game and I really can't wait to play it.

At this stage I'm not sure CGC even knows....they are great at telling people what they want, but horrible at meeting schedule. If u don't have a matching LE you'll probably get the game in March/April....its beyond irritating when distributors request final payment when the game is supposed ship the next week, and its not even close to shipping.....

#2357 5 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

At this stage I'm not sure CGC even knows....they are great at telling people what they want, but horrible at meeting schedule. If u don't have a matching LE you'll probably get the game in March/April....its beyond irritating when distributors request final payment when the game is supposed ship the next week, and its not even close to shipping.....

Well... Mine hasn't requested one... As I paid it off in full already... I paid it through paypal credit and I got a deal with no interest if paid off in full in 6 months.
Truthfully I didn't want to pay it all off at once. As I only needed the deposit. But, I didn't want to make it complicated and risk not getting the no interest deal.
I have the money to pay it off in full right now. But, again don't see the need. What will be funny though is my machine will be paid off if I get it in March.
But, as far as my distributor is concerned. He's paid off in full.
That is another reason why I'm a little antsy about this whole thing. I just want to make sure I get what I paid for. I have protections through paypal. So I'm not horribly concerned. Just a bit cheesed at the wait. Not the end of the world.
It'll give me time to possibly fix my floor issue in the room. Just might be funny that I might actually wind up getting two NIB's about 1-2 months apart then. As I think I might be able to get a NIB of either Ghostbusters or The Munsters for my birthday in June. But, I might hold off on that purchase to make sure I can get an Elvira 3.

#2358 5 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

Well... Mine hasn't requested one... As I paid it off in full already... I paid it through paypal credit and I got a deal with no interest if paid off in full in 6 months.
Truthfully I didn't want to pay it all off at once. As I only needed the deposit. But, I didn't want to make it complicated and risk not getting the no interest deal.
I have the money to pay it off in full right now. But, again don't see the need. What will be funny though is my machine will be paid off if I get it in March.
But, as far as my distributor is concerned. He's paid off in full.
That is another reason why I'm a little antsy about this whole thing. I just want to make sure I get what I paid for. I have protections through paypal. So I'm not horribly concerned. Just a bit cheesed at the wait. Not the end of the world.
It'll give me time to possibly fix my floor issue in the room. Just might be funny that I might actually wind up getting two NIB's about 1-2 months apart then. As I think I might be able to get a NIB of either Ghostbusters or The Munsters for my birthday in June. But, I might hold off on that purchase to make sure I can get an Elvira 3.

Dont know who your distributor is, but mine told me today that he already paid CGC in full, which was quite a surprise to me especially since the games haven't been built....seems like bad business to me

#2359 5 years ago

It's especially hard to wait when you only have room for one pin in your house, and you don't have a pin currently in that space. I sold my WOZ in October in anticipation of bringing in the MBr, and at the time I was told December - possibly mid December. Paid in full, and now it could be March or later? I'm seriously thinking of backing down to the SE, installing some invisiglass and a shaker. Honestly is the topper worth an extra two months wait? One of the big things with the LE for me beyond the topper was the 2 year warranty. The responsible thing is just to wait it out...but I can now see this dragging on on into April or May... I'm losing faith and an SE would scratch my itch. Resale on the LE is probably better, but by the time I go to sell (if I ever sell) there are likely going to be other LE's available without this long wait. Decisions.....

#2360 5 years ago

Set up my LE#965 tonight plays awesome no issues beautiful game worth the wait

#2361 5 years ago
Quoted from Nytewatch33:

It's especially hard to wait when you only have room for one pin in your house, and you don't have a pin currently in that space. I sold my WOZ in October in anticipation of bringing in the MBr, and at the time I was told December - possibly mid December. Paid in full, and now it could be March or later? I'm seriously thinking of backing down to the SE, installing some invisiglass and a shaker. Honestly is the topper worth an extra two months wait? One of the big things with the LE for me beyond the topper was the 2 year warranty. The responsible thing is just to wait it out...but I can now see this dragging on on into April or May... I'm losing faith and an SE would scratch my itch. Resale on the LE is probably better, but by the time I go to sell (if I ever sell) there are likely going to be other LE's available without this long wait. Decisions.....

I don't see the same trend. Different games, but on Attack from Mars, arguably a better LE- at least from the topper perspective, the LE resale prices still really nosedived. As in, $1000 less, with some frequency.

I didn't see quite the same drop from the SE. Probably $500 less for HUO ones, on the rare occasion they came up. The SE to me is like the "best value" porridge bowl, especially if you can live without the topper. It's full featured, but without the $8300 price tag.

Also, in this day and age, it's rare for new pins to hold or appreciate in value. They're new big boy toys, not mutual funds. Maybe Munsters LE has a chance, especially if a color premium variant never gets released.

#2362 5 years ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

I'm planning a group buy of invisglass when my fourth pin comes in. Should be Feb/March. I already have 5 sheets spoken for.

What are the savings vs. regular price and are you shipping them out?

Edit: Nevermind the shipping part

#2363 5 years ago
Quoted from alleycat-pinball:

I bought a Houdini to play until my MBr gets here. It will be a magical day when it arrives. lol

Let us know how you like Houdini. Would you keep the game in the long run? I considered Houdini also but after watching gameplay videos and seeing many shots not making the ramps, I was turned off. Another thing (if I'm correct) is having to hit shots in a particular order. The odds of doing that for someone with basic skills are not good and would contribute to someone walking away after a couple of games. Like, the theme very much though.

#2364 5 years ago
Quoted from Nytewatch33:

One game at a time here also. I have a Stern POTC that is supposed to be bought and picked up on 2/11 to make room for either MBrLE or Munsters Pro. I picked the Pro over Premium because of full color and better (to me) artwork. I'm about an inch from switching my deposit on the remake to Munsters. The more I watch videos of that game, the more I'm impressed.

#2365 5 years ago
Quoted from jbug:

Let us know how you like Houdini. Would you keep the game in the long run? I considered Houdini also but after watching gameplay videos and seeing many shots not making the ramps, I was turned off. Another thing (if I'm correct) is having to hit shots in a particular order. The odds of doing that for someone with basic skills are not good and would contribute to someone walking away after a couple of games. Love the theme though. to death though.

I was hesitant about buying it with all the complaints and such, but glad I did. My wife and I love the game. I would say that like a lot of games, we had to play a few times to figure things out. I typically love the faster flowing pins, Houdini is a little more "stop & go" but it's been great to play. To complete many of the modes there are certain shots that have to be made in a particular order but you don't get penalized if you hit something wrong, you just don't get the full reward until the next proper shot gets made. I have a large collection so for me I don't see it leaving. Very difficult if you only have room for a small number of pins, something always has to go for the new one to come in.

#2366 5 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Ya exactly! MMr, AFMr and MBr are all the same. Finished wood, no t molding.

As requested...

Here are pics showing MBrLE and MMrLE

On MB, it looks like CGC did what JJP did on WOZ. I don't think it's t-molding, but appears to be a slightly textured strip of vinyl.

On MMr, it looks like the wood edges have been filled in w/ filler prior to painting the backbox.

DSC_4050 (resized).JPGDSC_4050 (resized).JPGDSC_4051 (resized).JPGDSC_4051 (resized).JPG
#2367 5 years ago
Quoted from alleycat-pinball:

I was hesitant about buying it with all the complaints and such, but glad I did. My wife and I love the game. I would say that like a lot of games, we had to play a few times to figure things out. I typically love the faster flowing pins, Houdini is a little more "stop & go" but it's been great to play. To complete many of the modes there are certain shots that have to be made in a particular order but you don't get penalized if you hit something wrong, you just don't get the full reward until the next proper shot gets made. I have a large collection so for me I don't see it leaving. Very difficult if you only have room for a small number of pins, something always has to go for the new one to come in.

Thanks for the clarification. Houdini and Ripley are great pinball themes about interesting people in history past.

#2368 5 years ago
Quoted from jbug:

Let us know how you like Houdini. Would you keep the game in the long run? I considered Houdini also but after watching gameplay videos and seeing many shots not making the ramps, I was turned off. Another thing (if I'm correct) is having to hit shots in a particular order. The odds of doing that for someone with basic skills are not good and would contribute to someone walking away after a couple of games. Like, the theme very much though.

Amazing game. I also bought one while waiting for my MBLE to arrive. Couldn’t be happier. What a first pin from AP. Not to mention, the price is less than competitors with just as much “stuff”.

#2369 5 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

As requested...
On MB, it looks like CGC did what JJP did on WOZ. I don't think it's t-molding, but appears to be a slightly textured strip of vinyl.
On MMr, it looks like the wood edges have been filled in w/ filler prior to painting the backbox.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Definitely prefer the finish on the MMR.

#2370 5 years ago

Well as I already mentioned earlier in this thread if I could come up with a good topper I would drop to the SE since it has all I could want. Still love the LE and at the moment that is what I have on order.

#2371 5 years ago
Quoted from jbug:

Houdini couldn't be more different from MB, but it is absolutely just as fun. MB is my go-to game for a quick one (mine is also set up super fast and no ball save, so games can be QUICK!), and Houdini is much more of a longer game. There is just *so* much to do in it, it can get overwhelming. It has like 14 different modes between the Stage tricks and the movie modes, plus a huge number of hurry-ups, several multiballs, and these combos which grow progressively harder. That's where you really have to do things in a certain order.

The ramp shot is also earlier than on most other games (higher on the flipper), so you really have to power it up there, but it is easily makeable.

There's a ton of complaining about the "tight shots" but IMDN has shots which are just as tight (e.g. left ramp!) and no one's complaining about that. Visually I think the game can get in your head, but once you've spent some time on it, you realize it's no different than any other game from that perspective. Anyway, there's a lot of complaining about the shot geometry, but it's basically just whining because it's not set up identially to a fan layout Bally game. There's some stuff that could be better - it's kind of "slow" as far as the software (meaning load times can be noticeable on rare occasions), and the graphics are more "Stern Aerosmith" than "JJP Pirates", but the game itself is really fun.

#2372 5 years ago

Received notice today that my matching MBRLE is shipping tomorrow. Ordered day 1, PIF in November.

#2373 5 years ago
Quoted from andrewket:

Received notice today that my matching MBRLE is shipping tomorrow. Ordered day 1, PIF in November.

What matching number were u?

#2374 5 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Definitely prefer the finish on the MMR.

Me too

#2375 5 years ago
Quoted from Quadrat:

It will be worth the wait. Did you pay the balance?

The only thing that kept me from getting an original the past three years was the near certainty that this was CGC #3, so I can wait a little longer.

Yes, paid in full (but it is a new card with a 0% introductory that is not due until Feb. 2020 so not sweating it like I would if it were cash).

#2376 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

wow - March? ... For me, that would be literally a 3 month delays compared to what I was originally told. Damn.

Same.

#2377 5 years ago

the number makes no sense i am 965 and have mine already.

#2378 5 years ago
Quoted from c508:

The only thing that kept me from getting an original the past three years was the near certainty that this was CGC #3, so I can wait a little longer.

Me too

Quoted from c508:

Yes, paid in full (but it is a new card with a 0% introductory that is not due until Feb. 2020 so not sweating it like I would if it were cash).

Nice, very nice.

#2379 5 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

Just might be funny that I might actually wind up getting two NIB's about 1-2 months apart then. As I think I might be able to get a NIB of either Ghostbusters or The Munsters for my birthday in June. But, I might hold off on that purchase to make sure I can get an Elvira 3.

As a happy NIB Ghostbusters (Premium)-le owner, I say go used with GB...

Why pay retail? Lots of nice Premiums for sale out there (and you can probably negotiate down to $6500 - $6200).

#2380 5 years ago

Setup my SE last night on location. Turned the flippers to -8 and ball save to 1. Played perfect out of the box!

Can someone point me to the custom logo switcharoo instructions? thanks.

IMG_3205 (resized).jpgIMG_3205 (resized).jpg
#2381 5 years ago
Quoted from Quadrat:

Nice, very nice.

Yes, "in theory"!

Now I just need to remember to make the big payments sooner rather than later (and skating on the minimum for "one more month"!

#2382 5 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

As requested...
[quoted image][quoted image]

It sur looks like you can see wood grain through the paint. Also looks like the edge you see is from the decal. Doesn’t look like a strip of vinyl to me. But that’s just what I get from the picture.

#2383 5 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

It sur looks like you can see wood grain through the paint. Also looks like the edge you see is from the decal. Doesn’t look like a strip of vinyl to me. But that’s just what I get from the picture.

It's vinyl

#2384 5 years ago

Received our color upgrade chip yesterday from GameroomGuys.com... looks incredible even on the small screen.

#2385 5 years ago
Quoted from Macdaddy1974:

the number makes no sense i am 965 and have mine already.

Matching numbers are not being shipped in sequence, something else is the determining factor. People have cited getting numbers all across the board thus far.

#2386 5 years ago

Time to get my 2 minutes of hate in for the day...

So the last we heard, they are having “playfield issues” with the MBr production run, and that matching LE’s are being delayed possibly into February, and non matching LE’s will be rolling off the line in March (maybe) and that if you are a ways down the unmatched LE list, April and May may be your delivery month.

To quote good ole Charlie Brown... “AAAAUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!”

I am a day 1, LE on order, $1000 nonrefundable deposit paid, waiting for his non-matched serial number machine, pinball playing fool who is not taking the wait very well. NOT when the rep said maybe by the end of December. Remember this was October when they say this... so you think... ok, they have one sitting right here... they say production is starting... they say a LOT of things and I feel all warm and fuzzy and I get a real big chubby thinking I might get to play it for Christmas... in 2019?!? WT holy F!

Ok, so back to reality... March... April?!? It is at this point you start wanting something for the wait... maybe say an extra 90 days of warranty, or throw in a few extra slingshot plastics, or an extra set of hole protectors since we know they get beat up. Maybe throw in a nice metalic blue powdercoated Pingulp, or really surprise me and throw in maybe a nice anti glare playfield glass...

It would just make the wait a little bit easier.

#2387 5 years ago

Numbers do seem to be random to some degree. There has to be some other factors in play for numbers matching orders than just sequence. I am #900, paid in full when requested end of November. At that time, shipping was estimated at "next few weeks". I received an e-mail last week that the game would ship this week, but have heard nothing thus far. I am in no hurry and totally trust my distributor, but the start-stop nature of the communications and estimations is irritating. I'd rather have them under promise and be surprised, than to have expectations that never get met.

#2388 5 years ago

I keep going back and forth on whether to step down to the SE. I was thinking this morning "ok, I'm doing this. The SE can always be modded to add the plasma disk and shaker. I can probably get some mirror blades too. I could be playing in a week!" Then I looked at the beautiful blue metallic powder coat and the topper again... If it weren't blue, I would have an easier decision. But I'm a sucker for blue. The topper is also awesome, but I could honestly probably live without it (btw no that does not mean if I get an LE I would be willing to part with the topper...).

Decisions...

#2389 5 years ago

Can someone tell me what's the best place to purchase Pdi or invisaglass (or whatever is considered the best glass and bang for the buck)

#2390 5 years ago
Quoted from Nytewatch33:

I keep going back and forth on whether to step down to the SE. I was thinking this morning "ok, I'm doing this. The SE can always be modded to add the plasma disk and shaker. I can probably get some mirror blades too. I could be playing in a week!" Then I looked at the beautiful blue metallic powder coat and the topper again... If it weren't blue, I would have an easier decision. But I'm a sucker for blue. The topper is also awesome, but I could honestly probably live without it (btw no that does not mean if I get an LE I would be willing to part with the topper...).
Decisions...

The stainless rails appear to be easily removable with screws. You can always buy a separate set of rails/legs from CGC and mail them to pinball refinery or your powder shop of choice. An hour of time or so in your home doing the switch-out, and you're back in the blue, where you would have been...without the LE wait or the undesirable lockdown graphic.

#2391 5 years ago

This would be a good time for CGC to stop in with an update.

#2392 5 years ago
Quoted from cheshirefilms:

The stainless rails appear to be easily removable with screws. You can always buy a separate set of rails/legs from CGC and mail them to pinball refinery or your powder shop of choice. An hour of time or so in your home doing the switch-out, and you're back in the blue, where you would have been...without the LE wait or the undesirable lockdown graphic.

Any idea what it costs to powdercoat side rails, LD bar and legs these days?

#2393 5 years ago

Poor choice of words on my part.

The material appears to be black ABS, approximately 3/64 thick.

#2394 5 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

This would be a good time for CGC to stop in with an update.

Agreed!

#2395 5 years ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

Pinball Refinery is $500ish for Ghostbusters purple armor, legs. That is with all new parts that they provide, so your game is not down while your parts are coated.

#2396 5 years ago
Quoted from Mdanielb:

Pinball Refinery is $500ish for Ghostbusters purple armor, legs. That is with all new parts that they provide, so your game is not down while your parts are coated.

That is really expensive. I've had the railings on my front porch powdered for $250. I say check out other companies that can do the job. I'm coffing up my down payment for LE and getting the Munsters Pro model instead.

#2397 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Time to get my 2 minutes of hate in for the day...
So the last we heard, they are having “playfield issues” with the MBr production run, and that matching LE’s are being delayed possibly into February, and non matching LE’s will be rolling off the line in March (maybe) and that if you are a ways down the unmatched LE list, April and May may be your delivery month.
To quote good ole Charlie Brown... “AAAAUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!”
I am a day 1, LE on order, $1000 nonrefundable deposit paid, waiting for his non-matched serial number machine, pinball playing fool who is not taking the wait very well. NOT when the rep said maybe by the end of December. Remember this was October when they say this... so you think... ok, they have one sitting right here... they say production is starting... they say a LOT of things and I feel all warm and fuzzy and I get a real big chubby thinking I might get to play it for Christmas... in 2019?!? WT holy F!
Ok, so back to reality... March... April?!? It is at this point you start wanting something for the wait... maybe say an extra 90 days of warranty, or throw in a few extra slingshot plastics, or an extra set of hole protectors since we know they get beat up. Maybe throw in a nice metalic blue powdercoated Pingulp, or really surprise me and throw in maybe a nice anti glare playfield glass...
It would just make the wait a little bit easier.

While I was (im)patiently waiting for my TNA, I picked up IMDN, DI, Bubble Hockey and a giant MAME.

#2398 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

While I was (im)patiently waiting for my TNA, I picked up IMDN, DI, Bubble Hockey and a giant MAME.

That is not impatience, that is full blown distraction therapy...

#2399 5 years ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

Find a local wheel repair shop, they likely do powder coating. You can do an entire game for well under $200. It's about $10-$15/part plus the cost of powder, which is about $30 delivered. Prismaticpowders.com for color choices. I almost exclusively use the illusion series of colors. And my place turns it around in 2-3 days.

#2400 5 years ago

What I found very surprising is that my distributor who requested final payment on 12/26 due to CGC telling him that the game would be built the following week has already paid CGC in full for his games...why would u pay anyone in full unless your games are shipping immediately? Especially to a company who has failed to delivery on time....seems like a very poor business decision to me.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 12.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp
Decals
There are 9,324 posts in this topic. You are on page 48 of 187.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monster-bash-remake-mbr-owners-club/page/48?hl=skatervet and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.