(Topic ID: 222461)

Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)

By MrSanRamon

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 9,330 posts
  • 732 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 36 hours ago by Dashmonster
  • Topic is favorited by 277 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)”

• I'm in on a CE 77 votes
    9%
  • I'm in on a SE 172 votes
    21%
  • I'm in on a LE 396 votes
    48%
  • I'm out for now 182 votes
    22%

(827 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

wire switch 2 (resized).jpg
R orbit switch (resized).jpg
IMG_4951 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4943 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0464 (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
IMG_3190 (resized).jpeg
Wolfman (resized).jpg
IMG_2467 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4014 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231111_165525077 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20231112-165133 (resized).png
20231110_123120 (resized).jpg
20231105_122730 (resized).jpg
94B393B7-CB09-4AFB-A166-CF0EC7F7F9A0 (resized).jpeg
3D150F78-A1C1-4B31-A9FA-00031163D7C1 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 9,330 posts in this topic. You are on page 47 of 187.
#2301 5 years ago

PDI makes a huge difference. I have it in all my games

#2302 5 years ago

Pdi or invisaglass is a must on all pins imo.... that and a powered subwoofer are must haves.

#2303 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Pdi or invisaglass is a must on all pins imo.... that and a powered subwoofer are must haves.

yes and yes. Although I have JJP, Stern and Magic glass (and have seen PDI) and to me they all look the same. I will prob use stern or whatever is the cheapest but it def helps.

#2304 5 years ago

#639 arrived today a couple weeks after being born on 12/28. There were a few scars on the box but no damage inside. This guy must have been hiding behind the pallet shop for a while as the top was covered in sawdust. So much sawdust on top that it made it's way through the cardboard box, settled on the front of the game, and accumulated enough to draw with a finger!

20190115_200202 (resized).jpg20190115_200202 (resized).jpg20190115_200346 (resized).jpg20190115_200346 (resized).jpg
#2305 5 years ago

love the pics - keep them coming.

#2306 5 years ago

Well... I'm getting a bit tired of waiting for my LE... I contacted my distributor, but he hasn't told me when I can expect mine yet. Thought for sure I would have gotten it by now. Don't mind waiting... I do wish there was a better way to get information. Paying a good bit of money for this, no reason why they couldn't create a tracking system where I log into a site and they tell me the status...
Still... All I can do is wait.

#2307 5 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

Well... I'm getting a bit tired of waiting for my LE... I contacted my distributor, but he hasn't told me when I can expect mine yet. Thought for sure I would have gotten it by now. Don't mind waiting... I do wish there was a better way to get information. Paying a good bit of money for this, no reason why they couldn't create a tracking system where I log into a site and they tell me the status...

Mmkay. Tired of waiting, but don't mind waiting...
Sounds like you're exhausted from the waiting,
Maybe its time to step down to an SE...

#2308 5 years ago
Quoted from cheshirefilms:

Mmkay. Tired of waiting, but don't mind waiting...
Sounds like you're exhausted from the waiting,
Maybe its time to step down to an SE...

Thought about it... But, the LE is just too pretty to pass up. And I would add a shaker anyway.. .And then I'd mode a tesla coil in it... And I like the topper... So when you consider all those things... I think the LE is a fair price, and I don't mind so much the waiting... Just hate the not knowing.
I need to take the day off of work to wait for it to arrive, and then I need someone to help me bring it into my house. Not paying 300 dollars for them to take it up one flight of steps. 100... Okay... 150... maybe... But, no setup... No trash removal... Just bring it into my house for 300 dollars... Yeah... No thanks...
So I really do need to know ahead of time the day it will be delivered so I can make arrangements and get my time off from work approved.

#2309 5 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

Thought about it... But, the LE is just too pretty to pass up. And I would add a shaker anyway.. .And then I'd mode a tesla coil in it... And I like the topper... So when you consider all those things... I think the LE is a fair price, and I don't mind so much the waiting... Just hate the not knowing.
I need to take the day off of work to wait for it to arrive, and then I need someone to help me bring it into my house. Not paying 300 dollars for them to take it up one flight of steps. 100... Okay... 150... maybe... But, no setup... No trash removal... Just bring it into my house for 300 dollars... Yeah... No thanks...
So I really do need to know ahead of time the day it will be delivered so I can make arrangements and get my time off from work approved.

Topper looks cool- won't deny- I'm even keeping eyes open for someone who wants the LE but not the topper- anything's possible- but I'm all about stainless or Chrome on Williams games.

Always thought powder looked chintzy on Bally Williams games. The lockdown belt buckle type graphic not my cup of tea- really gaudy to my eye. And shaker motors don't do much for me, even on games like Crypt and Roadshow.

But to each their own! For most, the LE is love. Just wasn't for me on this title. Plenty of options for plenty of dream games.

#2310 5 years ago
Quoted from tomtest:

I put it in mine and it made a huge difference with the reflection, I think it's a must have, I lowered the translite intensity also.

absolutely is

#2311 5 years ago
Quoted from PAPinballer:

I have actually thought about this. I also have a long flat driveway and am not sure if they would be willing to wheel it all the way to the garage door. How do you know which side you can lay the machine down on? It's not clear from looking at the boxes in the pictures I've seen. They all say "this side up". Also do you take the box off of the pallet before putting it in your truck?

As far as which side to lay them on as others have mentioned about the writing on the box is one way to determine but I always opened the top of the box and looked in just to make sure no obvious damage anyways before taking it off the truck just have a little tape handy to tape it back shut for ease of moving purposes.

#2312 5 years ago

Anyone maybe interested in a group buy on invisglass who might go to TPF? I understand these usually ship in at least pairs from JJP...I can hold your sheet for you till the show...

#2313 5 years ago

Topper looks cool- won't deny- I'm even keeping eyes open for someone who wants the LE but not the topper- anything's possible- but I'm all about stainless or Chrome on Williams games.
Always thought powder looked chintzy on Bally Williams games. The lockdown belt buckle type graphic not my cup of tea- really gaudy to my eye. And shaker motors don't do much for me, even on games like Crypt and Roadshow.
But to each their own! For most, the LE is love. Just wasn't for me on this title. Plenty of options for plenty of dream games.

It's funny to read this as you summed up my thoughts unfortunately I went with the LE myself. I love toppers, love the plasma disc behind the Dr., really like the blue trim even though I would normally just want the stainless, and the extended warranty is a bonus. The shaker motor is an ehh for me on this game although I really like it on others (RS, JP etc). I will say that I actually hate the plaque on the LD bar. I wish it wasn't there at all and it is actually one thing steering me away from the LE model.

If I knew I could get the topper added on for something reasonable I would change my order right now to the SE and get my game asap. I know can add the plasma disc since I have already seen that mod out. I seriously doubt CGC would ever make the topper available as an add on later and I doubt even more that an LE owner would give theirs up.

I should mention I would be interested in a sheet of PDI/Invisiglass for this game but I am in Richmond, VA so would need to be ordered with someone in the area.

#2314 5 years ago

MB arrived at the terminal, I will be picking it up later today or tomorrow morning!

#2315 5 years ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

It's funny to read this as you summed up my thoughts unfortunately I went with the LE myself. I love toppers, love the plasma disc behind the Dr., really like the blue trim even though I would normally just want the stainless, and the extended warranty is a bonus. The shaker motor is an ehh for me on this game although I really like it on others (RS, JP etc). I will say that I actually hate the plaque on the LD bar. I wish it wasn't there at all and it is actually one thing steering me away from the LE model.
If I knew I could get the topper added on for something reasonable I would change my order right now to the SE and get my game asap. I know can add the plasma disc since I have already seen that mod out. I seriously doubt CGC would ever make the topper available as an add on later and I doubt even more that an LE owner would give theirs up.
I should mention I would be interested in a sheet of PDI/Invisiglass for this game but I am in Richmond, VA so would need to be ordered with someone in the area.

Ironically, the plasma disc isn't a unique snowflake- its already been re-created with the exact same connector by Lermods...and plugs right into the SE the same as the LE.

As for the lockdown bar, I find in pinball design there's a fine line between awesome mods and bling-y mods. The plaque is totally bling-y, in my view. As in, over the top bling-y. I didn't even see etched lockdown bars in the mod space till about a year ago at TPF. Too bad they didn't just put a numbered plaque on the cabinet- a-la Addams Gold. For my part, at least.

Anyway- one thing you 'could do'- ask Chris at Pinball plating and more if maybe you shipped them your bar, if they could mimic the metallic color and sheen.

Might not be possible- but if they can, you then have a duplicate without the plaque for your game's day to day, and can just hold on to the original for posterity.

As for the topper, yeah its a longshot I get a hold of one, but fortunately its also not deeply necessary for my part to maximize the experience- especially since its not motorized/animated like the AFMr one.

#2316 5 years ago

The only reason I can see to get the le is the topper and maybe the lock down bar plaque. Everything else can be duplicated on the SE, including the plasma disc, which as noted, we are offering plug and play and exactly mimics the performance of the disc on the le.

The CE is completely different and is missing a lot in my view, though it is more akin to a stock original MB.

#2317 5 years ago

Anyone know what voltage the bill acceptor takes on MBR?

#2318 5 years ago

Yeah I have already seen the Lermods disc and if I was getting the SE would have already ordered that for sure. I agree about the classic edition - missing too much.

Blue powdercoat - while I like it I can live w/o it. The plaque on the LD bar like I said I hate it I agree with you that a plaque on the game would be great but not on the bar.

So yeah for me it all comes down to the topper, overall I am probably an idiot for paying extra for the topper and extra warranty (since the other LE items don't matter to me other than the plasma disc) but like I said we love them and I am sucker for them. I agree that the topper on MBR LE is nice but its not as great as the AFM one. I think AFMR LE is amazing they really put a ton into that machine and is well worth it.

I did find this video of a super cool topper someone custom made which I actually like even better than the one on the LE. If I could figure out how to make this I would do this instead and skip the LE.

#2319 5 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Everything else can be duplicated on the SE, including the plasma disc

Is your plasma disk interactive or it just always on?

Quoted from GCS2000:

I did find this video of a super cool topper someone custom made which I actually like even better than the one on the LE. If I could figure out how to make this I would do this instead and skip the LE.

Yah that's cool and all if you can figure out how to do it yourself, but I have still yet to see another topper that really fits the theme and looks cool, aside from the LE version. Most are just a generic monster and really doesn't say monsters of rock.

#2320 5 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

Interactive! There is a plug in the game specifically for the plasma disc. The disc only lights up when the signal for that plug is activated. Hits to Frankenstein, when Frankie mb is ready, when Frankie mb is active and a few other times throughout the game. It is not always on. This plug is also in the CE, but it is disabled and cannot be turned on so no signal comes through.

I can wire one for the CE, but it will always be on.

https://lermods.com/products/monster-bash-pinball-interactive-plasma-disk

#2321 5 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

Yah that's cool and all if you can figure out how to do it yourself, but I have still yet to see another topper that really fits the theme and looks cool, aside from the LE version. Most are just a generic monster and really doesn't say monsters of rock.

I hear ya but I do like the frank idea on top and definitely think it ties to the game very well. No it doesn't have any of the other characters or the monsters of rock idea but since the frank interaction is such a big part of this game it works for me. For now I am sticking with my LE but if great topper comes along well ...

#2322 5 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Interactive! There is a plug in the game specifically for the plasma disc.

Cool! So basically that can be added (and I think its worth it personally) for 80+shipping. Still, I think the LE is that way to go for a $700 price difference. You still get a really cool topper $500, powder coated armor $300, mirrored blades $100, shaker $100, and the plasma disk ~80+. That's almost 1100 in additions for $700. If you don't feel the shaker adds much (I agree) -100 and you prefer no blades -100, and you have some sort of hang up over the powder coating and plaque -300, you're getting a limited version and ~600 worth of extras for 700. I suppose if you fit in that specific camp, go for the SE. Personally, I really like all the additions and wouldn't change a thing. I do agree the shaker is easily forgettable on this game.

#2323 5 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

Cool! So basically that can be added (and I think its worth it personally) for 80+shipping. Still, I think the LE is that way to go for a $700 price difference. You still get a really cool topper $500, powder coated armor $300, mirrored blades $100, shaker $100, and the plasma disk ~80+. That's almost 1100 in additions for $700. If you don't feel the shaker adds much (I agree) -100 and you prefer no blades -100, and you have some sort of hang up over the powder coating and plaque -300, you're getting a limited version and ~600 worth of extras for 700. I suppose if you fit in that specific camp, go for the SE. Personally, I really like all the additions and wouldn't change a thing. I do agree the shaker is easily forgettable on this game.

Yep, that was me. The only thing on the LE I wanted was the topper, so I got the SE. I don't want to pay another $700 for that.

Quoted from GCS2000:

HOLEY CRAP! I WOULD BUY THAT FRANKY TOPPER IN A HEARTBEAT! AWESOME!

#2324 5 years ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

Yep, that was me. The only thing on the LE I wanted was the topper, so I got the SE. I don't want to pay another $700 for that.

HOLEY CRAP! I WOULD BUY THAT FRANKY TOPPER IN A HEARTBEAT! AWESOME!

Guessing its done EL wire or something to make it work. Kind of like I have seen on a bunch of Trons.

I just wouldn't have any idea how to wire it up to the game and make it flash in time with the Frank MB and then stay lit when not activating the Frank MB. But I do like it as much as the LE topper. I already have nice plastic Frank head that I could use.

#2325 5 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Interactive! There is a plug in the game specifically for the plasma disc. The disc only lights up when the signal for that plug is activated. Hits to Frankenstein, when Frankie mb is ready, when Frankie mb is active and a few other times throughout the game. It is not always on. This plug is also in the CE, but it is disabled and cannot be turned on so no signal comes through.
I can wire one for the CE, but it will always be on.
https://lermods.com/products/monster-bash-pinball-interactive-plasma-disk

Just ordered the plasma disc. It looks great from the video.

#2326 5 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

I do wish there was a better way to get information. Paying a good bit of money for this, no reason why they couldn't create a tracking system where I log into a site and they tell me the status...

Yeah. My distributor really had no idea when I might expect to get mine. I feel like there must be a better way to handle this.

#2327 5 years ago
Quoted from DANGERTERROR:

Anyone know what voltage the bill acceptor takes on MBR?

12 volts DC

LTG : )

#2328 5 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

Yeah. My distributor really had no idea when I might expect to get mine. I feel like there must be a better way to handle this.

Having some level of transparency on the pre-order between factory/dist/customer would greatly improve the CX around this process. It would also possibly change the tone/frustration level of many of the comments on the owners thread. I have to say that if I was told two months, that would have been easier to stomach than waiting DAILY in hopes of a call or email.

I know we are in pinball world, but what if......(replace Audi w/CGC). A guy can dream.

Nice to have in reality of pinball today:

-Notification of YOUR build starting
-Some photographic evidence of the process (super bonus)
-Milestone updates in build (maybe 2 or 3)
-Build complete
-Ship notification

I am new, what else?

#2329 5 years ago

My distributor just assumed I would be at the very end and said it could be the end of March or even longer. Clearly CGC isn't communicating timetables very well. I think if every order was assigned a game number when you place the order, the least they could do is have a website that gives an estimate for that game to ship. Anything would be better than what we have now.

#2330 5 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

My distributor just assumed I would be at the very end and said it could be the end of March or even longer. Clearly CGC isn't communicating timetables very well. I think if every order was assigned a game number when you place the order, the least they could do is have a website that gives an estimate for that game to ship. Anything would be better than what we have now.

The rate things are going, the SE is going to be the *actual* Limited Edition,
Much the same as the standard stainless editions are on Jersey Jack games- that is, much fewer made and sold-
While the "standard" LE customers are the ones that have to wait the longest to get their games.
I can just see, once the LE sells out, a "monster edition" with different extras, numbered...etc.
Keep that money train rollin' in!

#2331 5 years ago

I installed a sheet of invisiglass in my LE today...WOW, what a difference.

#2332 5 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

I installed a sheet of invisiglass in my LE today...WOW, what a difference.

Yup ... definitely doing this ... I need a sheet for MB and I’m getting one for my IJ while I’m at it.

#2333 5 years ago
Quoted from GCS2000:It's funny to read this as you summed up my thoughts unfortunately I went with the LE myself. I love toppers, love the plasma disc behind the Dr., really like the blue trim even though I would normally just want the stainless, and the extended warranty is a bonus. The shaker motor is an ehh for me on this game although I really like it on others (RS, JP etc). I will say that I actually hate the plaque on the LD bar. I wish it wasn't there at all and it is actually one thing steering me away from the LE model.

I'm planning a group buy of invisglass when my fourth pin comes in. Should be Feb/March. I already have 5 sheets spoken for.

#2334 5 years ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

I'm planning a group buy of invisglass when my fourth pin comes in. Should be Feb/March. I already have 5 sheets spoken for.

Can you add me to the list you can email me at [email protected]

Thanks.

#2335 5 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

I was told today that the recent delays are due to CGC having play field issues? Not exactly sure what that means, but its their latest excuse ...my mid 500 matching LE is delayed another couple weeks (or so I'm told)

#2336 5 years ago

Long wait!!
I can understand why it’s so hard to inform people of building progress.
Extra hard when it’s 5 weeks over seas.
Well it’s worth waiting for.

#2337 5 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I was told today that the recent delays are due to CGC having play field issues? Not exactly sure what that means, but its their latest excuse ...my mid 500 matching LE is delayed another couple weeks (or so I'm told)

Does CGC make or source playfields? Just wondering if that affects other manufacturers as well...

#2338 5 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Does CGC make or source playfields?

They make them. They also made a ton of the W/B playfields back in the day.

#2339 5 years ago

The rate things are going, the SE is going to be the *actual* Limited Edition,
Much the same as the standard stainless editions are on Jersey Jack games- that is, much fewer made and sold-
While the "standard" LE customers are the ones that have to wait the longest to get their games.
I can just see, once the LE sells out, a "monster edition" with different extras, numbered...etc.
Keep that money train rollin' in!

I'm curious why you're interested in purchasing an LE topper for your SE ? An earlier post stated CGC disabled topper software for SE and CE games. Is there a back door around this?

#2340 5 years ago

Anyone know any dealers that still have LE's Available?

#2341 5 years ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

Be patient and there will be several in a few months + u can locate one in stock , and not have to deal with CGC's manufacturing woes ....their making 1250 LE's so I highly doubt they'll sell out any time soon.....AFMRLE took over a year

#2342 5 years ago

Woo Hoo! Just got a call from Melissa that #349 is built and ready to ship. I'm expecting a delivery next Monday or Tuesday.

#2343 5 years ago

My initial take on the LE, after owning it for a day...

I don't care much for the the T-molding on the front edges of the backbox plywood. I wish it looked like my MMr.

#2344 5 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

My initial take on the LE, after owning it for a day...
I don't care much for the the T-molding on the front edges of the backbox plywood. I wish it looked like my MMr.

What T molding?

#2345 5 years ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

Check with Joe at pinballstar he had 1 spot left when I ordered mine the other day

#2346 5 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

What T molding?

Ya exactly! MMr, AFMr and MBr are all the same. Finished wood, no t molding.

#2347 5 years ago

My distro says I will likely be getting my non-matching numbers LE (which I ordered on day one) in early March. The matching LE run is supposed to be complete by Feb 1. After that non-matching LEs.

We’ll see how long it takes, but he assured me there is no way I am getting it in the next 4-6 weeks.

I’m ok with that (or at least more ok than I would be with continual “any day now” assurances).

#2348 5 years ago
Quoted from c508:

My distro says I will likely be getting my non-matching numbers LE (which I ordered on day one) in early March. The matching LE run is supposed to be complete by Feb 1. After that non-matching LEs.
We’ll see how long it takes, but he assured me there is no way I am getting it in the next 4-6 weeks.
I’m ok with that (or at least more ok than I would be with continual “any day now” assurances).

It will be worth the wait. Did you pay the balance?

#2349 5 years ago
Quoted from c508:

wow - March? I guess I'm in the same boat. That is CRAAAZY. I'm personally not waiting as much as others are but i can see people getting pretty pissed, especially those that already paid in full.

For me, that would be literally a 3 month delays compared to what I was originally told. Damn.

#2350 5 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Ya exactly! MMr, AFMr and MBr are all the same. Finished wood, no t molding.

My MMr and MBr are not the same...not even close.

Take a closer look.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

Machine - For Sale
Shepherdsville, KY
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

Machine - For Sale
Tulsa, OK
Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 12.95
$ 33.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 9,330 posts in this topic. You are on page 47 of 187.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monster-bash-remake-mbr-owners-club/page/47?hl=loganjk and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.