(Topic ID: 222461)

Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)

By MrSanRamon

10 months ago

Topic Stats

• 5,711 posts
  • 445 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 13 hours ago by NeilMcRae
  • Topic is favorited by 169 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)”

• I'm in on a CE 32 votes
    6%
  • I'm in on a SE 91 votes
    16%
  • I'm in on a LE 282 votes
    50%
  • I'm out for now 154 votes
    28%

(559 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 917 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_1989 (resized).JPG
IMG_1972 (resized).JPG
IMG_1964 (resized).JPG
IMG_1960 (resized).JPG
IMG_1955 (resized).JPG
20190614_191926 (resized).jpg
20190614_191929 (resized).jpg
AD36C5F4-BBC1-4E4F-A0C5-35E21D321A57 (resized).jpeg
5ED24BC8-C762-4B53-A131-9FEE941971C6 (resized).jpeg
CF6FE0C5-0068-4F46-A1FD-540CBC5C28C5 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9411 (resized).jpg
20190609_102032 (resized).jpg
20190604_114223 (resized).jpg
AB10A6F3-92FF-4BE8-8039-9C3FF28AC728 (resized).jpeg
696D1BF0-1CFF-424C-B5B2-356384C5D081 (resized).jpeg
1EC5C233-6829-4ABF-AF1D-B8CA7F7A8B1E (resized).jpeg

There are 5711 posts in this topic. You are on page 46 of 115.
#2251 5 months ago
Quoted from LP30:

custom shipping mod.

Ok. This. This is funny in the light of pure heartbreak. I want to up vote your post but for the humor in the face of misadventures, not just another “put a fork in Jeff Gordon” comment, and my appologees to any Jeff G fans.

#2252 5 months ago
Quoted from DANGERTERROR:

Anyone have any idea why Phantom Flip isn’t working/lighting out of the box?

Keep playing, below is straight from the tech at CGC...

“When the customer gets their game, it usually takes 3-4 games before the phantom flip will start working . And it learns left and right separately, so often the left or right will start working before the other side.”

#2253 5 months ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

I'm getting my LE tomorrow. I had to change my plans though. Since it's a residential delivery, the trucking company would need a lift-gate truck, which would push my delivery into next week some time. More snow is forcast for Indy this coming weekend, on top of the 8 inches we just received.
Now I'm having the machine delivered to a local plastic company's dock. It'll be here tomorrow between 10:30 and 2:00.
Can't wait.....

I have had a couple of NIB machines delivered to my house without a lift gate I just backed my pickup truck up to their truck and laid the machine down and slid it into the back of my pickup then I was able to back my pickup close to where I wanted it unloaded like I would any used pin that I buy. Just an idea for future deliveries if you own a pickup truck

#2254 5 months ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

“When the customer gets their game, it usually takes 3-4 games before the phantom flip will start working . And it learns left and right separately, so often the left or right will start working before the other side.”

Yea if it's anything like the original MB, the phantom flipper has to learn, and on the original took a lot longer than 3 to 4 games. But as time went on the phantom flip would get more accurate on the original, so I'm guessing the remake will be the same.

#2255 5 months ago

What is the phantom flip supposed to hit off each flipper? Or is it just a random shot?

#2256 5 months ago
Quoted from Lermods:

What is the phantom flip supposed to hit off each flipper? Or is it just a random shot?

Supposed to go for the most "valuable" shot available.

#2257 5 months ago
Quoted from LP30:

MBrLE heading back to Chicago. Refused delivery. Fork lift to the cabinet. So close, then ripped away.

The same thing happened to my AFMr.

Robert

#2258 5 months ago
Quoted from seenev:

What happens when CGC gets a game back like this? Do they just repackage it and send it to someone else?

This happened to my AFMr...CGC took it back no problem and replaced the cabinet and sent it back to me.

Didn't take too much time, maybe 2 weeks total from sending it back to receiving it back.

Robert

#2259 5 months ago
Quoted from LP30:

Not sure yet. Will have to wait for everyone to be in the office. It's the second NIBLE for me to receive such a custom shipping mod.

So sorry dude. Which freight company?

#2260 5 months ago

While waiting for my game to ship. I started looking at other games that have been recently released that might make me change my mind about MBR. I checked out a couple of videos of Stern's Munsters game and was impressed. I'd like to play one in person as soon as possible. Like MB, it seems to be a fun game to play. MBR and Munsters are both Universal properties and have the same monsters (more or less). What do you gents think of the reveal of the new Stern game? The guys at SDTM give it a thumbs up overview. I'm going back and forth weighing the 2 games.

#2261 5 months ago
Quoted from jbug:

While waiting for my game to ship. I started looking at other games that have been recently released that might make me change my mind about MBR. I checked out a couple of videos of Stern's Munsters game and was impressed. I'd like to play one in person as soon as possible. Like MB, it seems to be a fun game to play. MBR and Munsters are both Universal properties and have the same monsters (more or less). What do you gents think of the reveal of the new Stern game? The guys at SDTM give it a thumbs up overview. I'm going back and forth weighing the 2 games.

I had to buy both..be careful.

#2262 5 months ago
Quoted from cheshirefilms:

So sorry dude. Which freight company?

SAIA. The driver was very good about it. He even asked if I wanted to open the box as he rolled it up and said that I could refuse delivery if there was damage. I took one look at it and said I could see damage through the fork lift hole in the side. He took a couple of pictures, made a phone call, apologized and loaded it back up.

#2263 5 months ago

It's way more than 3-4 games. you have to *make* the shots consistently over more like 20 games. And even then it really takes a while to get properly dialed in. The good news is it's always learning, so it gets better over time. As long as everything is working (i.e. switches, optos and the sensors not blocked or failing or whatever) it is pretty accurate. Not as accurate as "Thing Flips", but that was only for one shot. This makes 3-4 on each side

#2264 5 months ago
Quoted from ShinyBall:

I had to buy both..be careful.

I'm in on both LE's and might get my MunstersLE before my MBLE

#2265 5 months ago
Quoted from bohunr:

I'm in on both LE's and might get my MunstersLE before my MBLE

What's weird about Munsters for me is I like the Pro's back glass art better than the others but it doesn't have the lower playfield. Also, I like the Premium's side cabinet art better than the other 2 editions but would want it in full color. The cabinet artwork on the LE is the worst to me and I'm not 100% sold on the b&w either premium. Oh well, that's how it goes sometimes. I still would like to get one and it would probably be the premium. Munsters would look nice next to the MBR

#2266 5 months ago
Quoted from britrex1:

I have had a couple of NIB machines delivered to my house without a lift gate I just backed my pickup truck up to their truck and laid the machine down and slid it into the back of my pickup then I was able to back my pickup close to where I wanted it unloaded like I would any used pin that I buy. Just an idea for future deliveries if you own a pickup truck

I have actually thought about this. I also have a long flat driveway and am not sure if they would be willing to wheel it all the way to the garage door. How do you know which side you can lay the machine down on? It's not clear from looking at the boxes in the pictures I've seen. They all say "this side up". Also do you take the box off of the pallet before putting it in your truck?

#2267 5 months ago
Quoted from PAPinballer:

I have actually thought about this. I also have a long flat driveway and am not sure if they would be willing to wheel it all the way to the garage door. How do you know which side you can lay the machine down on? It's not clear from looking at the boxes in the pictures I've seen. They all say "this side up". Also do you take the box off of the pallet before putting it in your truck?

1 of the sides of CGC box will state "Do Not Truck From This Side" from what I have seen on the MBre unboxing thread. Also have seen the same on Stern boxes.

Edit Add: This in addition to all of the "This Side Up" messaging.

#2268 5 months ago
Quoted from LP30:

SAIA. The driver was very good about it. He even asked if I wanted to open the box as he rolled it up and said that I could refuse delivery if there was damage. I took one look at it and said I could see damage through the fork lift hole in the side. He took a couple of pictures, made a phone call, apologized and loaded it back up.

When there is obvious damage (ie:forklift hole), I always wonder why the shipping company would load/ship it
to the customer in the first place -and not inspect it at their warehouse/loading dock.

My delivery driver unloaded mine with his pallet jack and helped me get it inside my house and inspect it. (and cut it open)
slipped him a twenty. I found it a bit strange that he had no idea at all of what the big carton was.

#2269 5 months ago
Quoted from jbug:

What's weird about Munsters for me is I like the Pro's back glass art better than the others but it doesn't have the lower playfield. Also, I like the Premium's side cabinet art better than the other 2 editions but would want it in full color. The cabinet artwork on the LE is the worst to me and I'm not 100% sold on the b&w either premium. Oh well, that's how it goes sometimes. I still would like to get one and it would probably be the premium. Munsters would look nice next to the MBR

I agree here I really like the Pro look but wanted to get on the LE and the lower playfield. The warden likes the LE and Pro but was on the fence about the Prem so to justify getting another NIB pin I just got in on the LE.

#2270 5 months ago

My first NIB pins I purchased I got a deal on from the dist I used(and I picked it up so I didn't have any shipping) I saw this on a link someone posted and wonder if any of you out there have gotten prices like shown? MBLE and Munsters LE went so fast they both went for MSRP

Munster price (resized).png
#2271 5 months ago
Quoted from fanuminski:

When there is obvious damage (ie:forklift hole), I always wonder why the shipping company would load/ship it
to the customer in the first place -and not inspect it at their warehouse/loading dock.

They HAVE to attempt del..the truck line can not make the call whether it is damaged (even if obviously it is) That is for the customer to do.

#2272 5 months ago
Quoted from bohunr:

My first NIB pins I purchased I got a deal on from the dist I used(and I picked it up so I didn't have any shipping) I saw this on a link someone posted and wonder if any of you out there have gotten prices like shown? MBLE and Munsters LE went so fast they both went for MSRP
[quoted image]

Prices are much cheaper than the msrp... especially the pro..

#2273 5 months ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Prices are much cheaper than the msrp... especially the pro..

Even on the LE's?

#2274 5 months ago

It's ALIVE!!

MVIMG_20190115_132149 (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190115-151222~2 (resized).png
#2275 5 months ago
Quoted from Wildcat_33:

2 of the sides of CGC box will state "Do Not Truck From This Side" from what I have seen on the MBre unboxing thread. Also have seen the same on Stern boxes.
Edit Add: This in addition to all of the "This Side Up" messaging.

Only one side is marked "truck from this side"

It's the side that the lower cabinet bottom is.

#2276 5 months ago

I'm having trouble with the mummy coffin, it pops open but closes back up right away. Any thoughts?

#2277 5 months ago

Monster Bash LE #437 is finally home.

DSC_4040 (resized).JPGDSC_4041 (resized).JPGDSC_4043 (resized).JPGDSC_4047 (resized).JPG
#2278 5 months ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

Monster Bash LE #437 is finally home.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Awesome....I should be close, but who knows (i'm in the mid 500's)...paid in full two weeks ago.....no word from distributor

#2279 5 months ago

These companies need to put a real time build counter on their websites!

And an option to feed it quarters so the squirrels run faster.

#2280 5 months ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Awesome....I should be close, but who knows (i'm in the mid 500's)...paid in full two weeks ago.....no word from distributor

I don't think the matching numbers/build timing mean anything at all. There were several people w/ much higher #'s that received their machine way before me. If it means anything...I was PIF on Nov 15th.

#2281 5 months ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

I don't think the matching numbers/build timing mean anything at all. There were several people w/ much higher #'s that received their machine way before me. If it means anything...I was PIF on Nov 15th.

I think your correct. I think they built machines as a favor to their "top" distributors.....that being said I was told on the 26th that mine was shipping in two weeks so I went ahead and paid in full.

#2282 5 months ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

Only one side is marked "truck from this side"
It's the side that the lower cabinet bottom is.

corrected, thanks.

#2283 5 months ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I think your correct. I think they built machines as a favor to their "top" distributors.....that being said I was told on the 26th that mine was shipping in two weeks so I went ahead and paid in full.

I don't what dictates which numbers they build. I was in the matching LE#, but that was matching my MMR. I guess whoever owns AFMr #437 didn't purchase a MB. I wonder if I had purchased the AFMr along w/ my MMr if I would have received the machine any earlier.

I'm just glad it's here w/ no damage.

#2284 5 months ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

I don't what dictates which numbers they build. I was in the matching LE#, but that was matching my MMR. I guess whoever owns AFMr #437 didn't purchase a MB. I wonder if I had purchased the AFMr along w/ my MMr if I would have received the machine any earlier.

who knows...CGC is all over the map....my MBRLE order was matched to my AFMRLE

#2285 5 months ago

I have MMr and AFMr #68 and I’m still waiting for my Monster Bash. They did not build in order.

#2286 5 months ago

The one thing I've noticed on my MB....(I'm not sure if this has been pointed out)...The side rails are attached using 2 flat head screws. Did they abandon the double sided tape method?

#2287 5 months ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

The one thing I've noticed on my MB....(I'm not sure if this has been pointed out)...The side rails are attached using 2 flat head screws. Did they abandon the double sided tape method?

I think it changed with MB. My AFMr doesn’t have it but MBr does.

#2288 5 months ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

It didn't help me. I hoped it would. I bought AFM and MB from the same distro but got my MM from a different distro.
All three share #851. I payed on Nov 15th and was told my game would ship early Dec. I guess I should keep in mind they didn't say what year .
Now I'm told I'm in the next batch. I assume this is an allotment for that dealer, not the next batch CGC is doing. They tell me this will be end of Jan or first week of Feb.

#2289 5 months ago

Thanks!

#2290 5 months ago
Quoted from Quadrat:

It didn't help me. I hoped it would. I bought AFM and MB from the same distro but got my MM from a different distro.
All three share #851. I payed on Nov 15th and was told my game would ship early Dec. I guess I should keep in mind they didn't say what year .
Now I'm told I'm in the next batch. I assume this is an allotment for that dealer, not the next batch CGC is doing. They tell me this will be end of Jan or first week of Feb.

I purchased mine though PPS, (same w/ my MMr). IMO, they've been nothing short of great...easy to deal with.

#2291 5 months ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

I purchased mine though PPS, (same w/ my MMr). IMO, they've been nothing short of great...easy to deal with.

I bought AFM and MB from PPS. I have no problems with PPS. They answer e-mails, they've called me. It's more CGC giving an over optimistic schedule. It's pinball so it's never as easy as you want it to be. Each remake has had it delays here or there. CGC is always trying to bring it to the next level & I love how good the games end up being. So you just wait and hope for for that shipping notice e-mail with tracking #

#2292 5 months ago
Quoted from Quadrat:

I bought AFM and MB from PPS. I have no problems with PPS. They answer e-mails, they've called me. It's more CGC giving an over optimistic schedule. It's pinball so it's never as easy as you want it to be. Each remake has had it delays here or there. CGC is always trying to bring it to the next level & I love how good the games end up being. So you just wait and hope for for that shipping notice e-mail with tracking #

At least the wait is nowhere near the wait we had to endure for MMr.
CGC builds a nice machine. the quality blows away anything that Stern makes....(although Stern assembled my MMr).

#2293 5 months ago

The game is great! Light show amazing. Big display and color dots, mind blown.

I did run into a few minor issues that needed to be tweaked, which is not at all uncommon with a new machine.
1) the side rails have 2 screws each, one about 1/3 the way up and the second 2/3 the way up. When I went to install my PDI it was way too snug, worried I’d break the glass and if I did get it in it would never come out. That’s when I discovered the screws. Loosened each one a quarter turn and my PDI fit just fine.

2) The brides head would pop-up and not back down. It was binding. I loosened the assembly under the Playfield and wiggled it around till things were smooth and tightened it back up. Easy fix and works perfect now.

3) the mummy coffin was fine yesterday then today I noticed it would pop open and immediately close. I turned the game off and looked it over but it’s a easy assembly, not much that can go wrong. When I turned it back on it was fine. I think it needed the reboot? Was weird.

All in all, minor easy issues. Game is beautiful and fun! Installed blue titans except the pop bumper area where I did orange.

4FBD9F74-40F9-4BC8-9E4D-9621A70D37D0 (resized).jpeg55CDE09C-F355-4C7F-9A58-87E83B0412FD (resized).jpeg8A876707-4AD5-41E9-8AA6-0C4AE45C0EE0 (resized).jpegB34DC089-8C59-4A22-8C20-EB6445CD1F49 (resized).jpeg
#2294 5 months ago

Welcome to the club! Beautiful game

#2295 5 months ago
Quoted from PAPinballer:

Look at this pic -- the outline drawn on the box is exactly how the machine sits inside the box. You can see the cab with the head folded down. Use THAT as your guide if you have to lay down the box lay it on the bottom of the cab per the pic -- not the head. I use that outline to determine how to cut open the box so I can put the legs on properly.

IMG_20181221_132333189 (resized).jpg
#2296 5 months ago

I'm really contemplating some PDI glass for this machine... its so colorful and I've can lights in my ceiling. I think it would really drastically improve the visibility. The issue is not brightness... its just hyper reflective in my environment.

#2297 5 months ago
Quoted from WackyBrakke:

The game is great! Light show amazing. Big display and color dots, mind blown.
I did run into a few minor issues that needed to be tweaked, which is not at all uncommon with a new machine.
1) the side rails have 2 screws each, one about 1/3 the way up and the second 2/3 the way up. When I went to install my PDI it was way too snug, worried I’d break the glass and if I did get it in it would never come out. That’s when I discovered the screws. Loosened each one a quarter turn and my PDI fit just fine.
2) The brides head would pop-up and not back down. It was binding. I loosened the assembly under the Playfield and wiggled it around till things were smooth and tightened it back up. Easy fix and works perfect now.
3) the mummy coffin was fine yesterday then today I noticed it would pop open and immediately close. I turned the game off and looked it over but it’s a easy assembly, not much that can go wrong. When I turned it back on it was fine. I think it needed the reboot? Was weird.
All in all, minor easy issues. Game is beautiful and fun! Installed blue titans except the pop bumper area where I did orange.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I bought some invisiglass from JJP. Haven't tried to install it yet.

#2298 5 months ago

MBR LE #317 is in the house! I don't recall asking, but I guess they matched my MMR number. It's a beautiful game, fast and brutal, and by some miracle, no problems once unboxed in the first half dozen plays so far. I've never owned a MB before, so I'm really impressed with the music, dialog, and theme immersion so far. I did quickly remove the tilt bob, as it was super sensitive for some reason, which I haven't explored yet, and I don't nudge even a little.

Front of MBR (resized).jpgMBR Just Out of Box (resized).jpgMBR in Box (resized).jpg
#2299 5 months ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

I'm really contemplating some PDI glass for this machine... its so colorful and I've can lights in my ceiling. I think it would really drastically improve the visibility. The issue is not brightness... its just hyper reflective in my environment.

I put it in mine and it made a huge difference with the reflection, I think it's a must have, I lowered the translite intensity also.

#2300 5 months ago
Quoted from tomtest:

I put it in mine and it made a huge difference with the reflection, I think it's a must have, I lowered the translite intensity also.

I agree. PDI glass in mine as well.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
7,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Romeoville, IL
$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Nitro Pinball Shop
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 279.95
$ 399.95
$ 279.95
$ 5,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Nitro Pinball Shop
$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
7,850 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Meridian Charter Township, MI
$ 119.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 9.95
$ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
There are 5711 posts in this topic. You are on page 46 of 115.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside