(Topic ID: 222461)

Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)

By MrSanRamon

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 9,330 posts
  • 732 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 23 hours ago by Dashmonster
  • Topic is favorited by 277 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)”

• I'm in on a CE 77 votes
    9%
  • I'm in on a SE 172 votes
    21%
  • I'm in on a LE 396 votes
    48%
  • I'm out for now 182 votes
    22%

(827 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

wire switch 2 (resized).jpg
R orbit switch (resized).jpg
IMG_4951 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4943 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0464 (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
IMG_3190 (resized).jpeg
Wolfman (resized).jpg
IMG_2467 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4014 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231111_165525077 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20231112-165133 (resized).png
20231110_123120 (resized).jpg
20231105_122730 (resized).jpg
94B393B7-CB09-4AFB-A166-CF0EC7F7F9A0 (resized).jpeg
3D150F78-A1C1-4B31-A9FA-00031163D7C1 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 9,330 posts in this topic. You are on page 45 of 187.
#2201 5 years ago
Quoted from arcadem:

Well I have had #456 for about 1 week now and so far it has been absolutely trouble free. My first impressions are:
1. It isn't boring nor simple and for a mediocre player like myself, it is't easy. I don't remember my first one from 1996 being this tough.
2. It is well built but I think my AFMR LE is better built and has nicer finishing. The topper while nice, does not compare to AFMR'S incredible one. But really, what could?
3. I think that as good as CGC games are, JJP machines remain the standard of excellence and even at a price tag of $1500 more for LE vs. LE, they are the better choice.
4. Having said all this, CGC's MBR LE is a machine worth having. Tons of fun, great play, and very much an eyeful. If you get one, you won't be sorry. It deserves to be in any collection of consequence.
Just my opinion.....
Forgot to add a couple of pics...[quoted image][quoted image]

Damn that's a nice looking machine

#2202 5 years ago

Just joined the club. First Q: I made sure Phantom Flip was turned on in settings, tried a factory reset, but PF still scores 500K — it never lights the lanes. Anyone know what could be going on?

BTW I’ll be installing the new ultra thin play field protector and can report back on that.

#2203 5 years ago
Quoted from DANGERTERROR:

Just joined the club. First Q: I made sure Phantom Flip was turned on in settings, tried a factory reset, but PF still scores 500K — it never lights the lanes. Anyone know what could be going on?
BTW I’ll be installing the new ultra thin play field protector and can report back on that.

I did the playfield protector... it needed a small trim around the outer loop ball gate mounting foot. It would bind there and buckle.

#2204 5 years ago
Quoted from bigdog50:

My recommendation is leave the hole alone -- it has a metal protector that's doing its job on mine. After 200 games it has a few dents but the wood is protected -- its doing its job. I think too many go overboard on "belt and suspender" approach to protection. "get a mantis and a cliffy and then have someone weld titanium over everything". Its friggin pinball -- its a steel ball flying in the air and rolling over wood -- it leaves dents (oh my God -- DIMPLES!!) and shit wears down. So what if the metal protector gets a few dents. At least its keeping the wood from looking like this-------[quoted image]

Thanks. I tend to agree about not going overboard. However, I've seen what happens when not protected properly (look at this hack job)

20190113_195056 (resized).jpg20190113_195056 (resized).jpg
#2205 5 years ago
Quoted from arcadem:

Well I have had #456 for about 1 week now and so far it has been absolutely trouble free. My first impressions are:
1. It isn't boring nor simple and for a mediocre player like myself, it is't easy. I don't remember my first one from 1996 being this tough.
2. It is well built but I think my AFMR LE is better built and has nicer finishing. The topper while nice, does not compare to AFMR'S incredible one. But really, what could?
3. I think that as good as CGC games are, JJP machines remain the standard of excellence and even at a price tag of $1500 more for LE vs. LE, they are the better choice.
4. Having said all this, CGC's MBR LE is a machine worth having. Tons of fun, great play, and very much an eyeful. If you get one, you won't be sorry. It deserves to be in any collection of consequence.
Just my opinion.....
Forgot to add a couple of pics...[quoted image][quoted image]

Looking forward to receiving my LE...it was shipped on Friday.

I agree, JJP's quality is top notch. I love my WOZ.

#2206 5 years ago
Quoted from cheshirefilms:

Did you send Cliff a pic of what the edgeline looked like on the remake?
In theory, it should line up to the edge same as the original game. I reached out to him to have a look at this thread, too, while he's at it.
I definitely don't want to install the fat protector on a new playfield, that's why I bought into the mantis cliffy edgeline sandwich concept- to protect it properly from the beginning so I wouldn't have to progress to a fat protector for repaired scoop damage.

I sent Cliff a picture a couple weeks ago with the Blackline on but I didn't have the Mantis at that time so I put the factory unit back on until the Mantis came. I haven't sent him picts of the normal width one yet. Actually I don't mind the fat protector, I've put maybe a half dozen games on it and not one dent yet.

#2207 5 years ago
Quoted from tomtest:

I sent Cliff a picture a couple weeks ago with the Blackline on but I didn't have the Mantis at that time so I put the factory unit back on until the Mantis came. I haven't sent him picts of the normal width one yet. Actually I don't mind the fat protector, I've put maybe a half dozen games on it and not one dent yet.

You have to hit it first before you can dent it.

#2208 5 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

I did the playfield protector... it needed a small trim around the outer loop ball gate mounting foot. It would bind there and buckle.

Thank you!

#2209 5 years ago

Well my MBLE 965 arrived late Saturday night at depot
Depot closed for customer pick ups Sunday's
Monday will be a great day

#2210 5 years ago
Quoted from Macdaddy1974:

Well my MBLE 965 arrived late Saturday night at depot
Depot closed for customer pick ups Sunday's
Monday will be a great day

Mine's scheduled for delivery tomorrow 9am-1pm.
Hopefully all will be well- I let dispatch know I will be doing a full concealed damage inspection prior to signing.

#2211 5 years ago

Two weeks on location, approximately 350 plays, no issues so far, and has been the top earner both weeks.

#2212 5 years ago

Side note, I just spoke to Chicago Gaming, and apparently after the first 80 or so games they modified the scoop protector to be thicker and also somewhat of a "mash-up" in design of Kerry's design and the Cliffy, with a welded-on interior liner going around the interior of the scoop hole.

A location game they witnessed had 13,000+ plays and no damage with this new protector in. Dimpling on the protector to be sure, but the wood was unharmed all the way around.

For my part, I'll probably thus put the mantis and the cliffy in my coinbox, good to have just in case, but by no means an essential install for a home-use only game, by their accounts (and they also confirmed installing the mantis/cliffy would not void the warranty, for those interested just in case).

#2213 5 years ago

Side note, I just spoke to Chicago Gaming, and apparently after the first 80 or so games they modified the scoop protector to be thicker and also somewhat of a "mash-up" in design of Kerry's design and the Cliffy, with a welded-on interior liner going around the interior of the scoop hole.
A location game they witnessed had 13,000+ plays and no damage with this new protector in. Dimpling on the protector to be sure, but the wood was unharmed all the way around.
For my part, I'll probably thus put the mantis and the cliffy in my coinbox, good to have just in case, but by no means an essential install for a home-use only game, by their accounts (and they also confirmed installing the mantis/cliffy would not void the warranty, for those interested just in case).

Great news and I will do the same with my protectors. Thanks!

#2214 5 years ago

Where the heck has it been long enough to have 13k plays on it? Even the 1-2 that were out there during the reveal would have had to been played constantly to get that many plays. That many plays sounds like it probably never hit that spot

In regards to playfield protectors? Those require you to tear down the game to be able to install? Are people really doing that right after they get the game?

#2215 5 years ago

This is why I am patient and do not mind waiting a few months for my LE. Hopefully, all issues will already be fixed

#2216 5 years ago
Quoted from bigdog50:

My recommendation is leave the hole alone -- it has a metal protector that's doing its job on mine. After 200 games it has a few dents but the wood is protected -- its doing its job. I think too many go overboard on "belt and suspender" approach to protection. "get a mantis and a cliffy and then have someone weld titanium over everything". Its friggin pinball -- its a steel ball flying in the air and rolling over wood -- it leaves dents (oh my God -- DIMPLES!!) and shit wears down. So what if the metal protector gets a few dents. At least its keeping the wood from looking like this-------[quoted image]

Hey I took that pic at the National Coney Island in Royal Oak Michigan at 12 mile and Rochester Road.

Totally agree, if the protector gets dents it's a lot better than looking like this!

#2217 5 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Where the heck has it been long enough to have 13k plays on it? Even the 1-2 that were out there during the reveal would have had to been played constantly to get that many plays. That many plays sounds like it probably never hit that spot
In regards to playfield protectors? Those require you to tear down the game to be able to install? Are people really doing that right after they get the game?

It’s a bit more of a pain in the ass than changing the rubbers. I swapped out the factory rubbers for Titans and installed some plastic protectors. While I was at it I did the protector... I wasn’t going to initially... but I was more than 3/4 of the way there. For the protector ... you need to un-mount the ramps. So other than the ramps it’s as much work as a rubber replacement. Which is kind of a pain in the ass on this machine anyway.

#2218 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Seeing how successful this remake is, what would an original HUO MB be worth now in great condition?

I used to wonder that myself, but now I'm in for the LE. This is my grail game, I originally joined Pinside in order to buy one but lost out on it. Since then the prices just continued to soar. I'm sure glad I didn't pay $10k for one before.

After watching the hammering that MM and AFM prices have taken from the remakes, I figured an affordable original MB would be in my future. All I had to do was wait. I really wanted an original.

But the LE is so much improved, I had to do it. Who knows how long it will be for original games to re-enter the market given the price on the CE remake is so low. Original owners understandably won't want to take that much of a hit. CGC priced this game correctly, because it changed my mind.

#2219 5 years ago

Well I put my deposit down for an LE on Friday. I'm ok with waiting especially since I have an OG MB that I will be selling soon. Guess I will find out how much of hit I am going to take when I sell it. Crossing fingers its not too bad. Can't wait to get the LE though will be my first ever NIB.

#2220 5 years ago

I'm getting my LE tomorrow. I had to change my plans though. Since it's a residential delivery, the trucking company would need a lift-gate truck, which would push my delivery into next week some time. More snow is forcast for Indy this coming weekend, on top of the 8 inches we just received.

Now I'm having the machine delivered to a local plastic company's dock. It'll be here tomorrow between 10:30 and 2:00.

Can't wait.....

#2221 5 years ago

Just upgraded my MBr CE with Pinball Pro speakers! Nice upgrade. Bass is much better and the clarity is really enhanced, especially after the software update. Nice simple R&R of the old speakers. Very happy I did this upgrade.

So far, have lermods color changing trough light, bought the disco ball light too but not sure if I want to install it now. Pinball Decals target stickers, game should have had these from the beginning I think. Nice finishing touch. Titan colored rubbers and posts. And lastly Pinball Pimp sticker at the ball launch area to convert up that black void.

Last mods will be the mirror blades from cointaker when they get them and the color DMD chip. Game is so much fun, so glad it in my collection. Feel bad for walking dead, rarely gets turned on now.

F0B94CF7-BE93-494F-9317-1DA6F6FA7BF0 (resized).jpegF0B94CF7-BE93-494F-9317-1DA6F6FA7BF0 (resized).jpeg4D74A59C-D978-43D8-865B-B091713D3307 (resized).jpeg4D74A59C-D978-43D8-865B-B091713D3307 (resized).jpeg5F937CBB-6731-4487-99BA-2349E299A959 (resized).jpeg5F937CBB-6731-4487-99BA-2349E299A959 (resized).jpeg87AC5C29-BAEB-4321-8E47-186EC52E2DCC (resized).jpeg87AC5C29-BAEB-4321-8E47-186EC52E2DCC (resized).jpeg7BC9B226-7079-4EA5-8AA7-3D270BDB6CC3 (resized).jpeg7BC9B226-7079-4EA5-8AA7-3D270BDB6CC3 (resized).jpeg226EC117-BC16-4A39-BED3-E24BA689053F (resized).jpeg226EC117-BC16-4A39-BED3-E24BA689053F (resized).jpeg81BD03DC-9147-4A02-B438-7DEB40BC27B3 (resized).jpeg81BD03DC-9147-4A02-B438-7DEB40BC27B3 (resized).jpeg481535C0-4DC9-4B15-B9FD-95C034903FE7 (resized).jpeg481535C0-4DC9-4B15-B9FD-95C034903FE7 (resized).jpeg
#2222 5 years ago

Do you have a link for the Pinball Pimp decal? I can't seem to find it.

Never mind....I found it on epay

#2223 5 years ago

Has anyone done a speaker upgrade to LE/SE?

I was thinking about buying the Flipper Fidelity speaker upgrade.

#2224 5 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

Has anyone done a speaker upgrade to LE/SE?
I was thinking about buying the Flipper Fidelity speaker upgrade.

Did you update your code yet? Sound is better now.

#2225 5 years ago
Quoted from drummermike:

Did you update your code yet? Sound is better now.

I'm getting the machine tomorrow. More than likely, it has the latest upgrade installed.

#2226 5 years ago

Anyone have any idea why Phantom Flip isn’t working/lighting out of the box?

#2227 5 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

I'm getting the machine tomorrow. More than likely, it has the latest upgrade installed.

Great. You may be happy with the original set up. The FF speakers are great though. I put them in my LOTR and can hear so much more dialog.

#2228 5 years ago

I turned mine off.

Added over 5 years ago:

Turned it back on.

#2229 5 years ago

Open a ticket - working fine here. It’s a little disorienting when it works

#2230 5 years ago
Quoted from drummermike:

I turned mine off.

I guess your not a fan of it, but you can override it by simply using the flipper. I find it an interesting feature, in that you really have to have a leap of faith to use it. I let off the flipper button and cringe each time, but it is really cool when it makes the shot for you. I'd say mine makes the shot a 60-70% of the time and bricks the other 30-40%, so that's probably better than my shooting anyway.

#2231 5 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

Do you have a link for the Pinball Pimp decal? I can't seem to find it.
Never mind....I found it on epay

Do you have a link? No idea what that even is.

#2233 5 years ago

I'd unplug the connectors for the eddy sensors and reseat them a couple times.

LTG : )

#2234 5 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

ebay.com link » Williams Monster Bash Pinball Frankie Custom Apron Shooter Decal Mod

Cool decal, but why is it more on pinside than on eBay? I ordered it from eBay.

#2235 5 years ago

#669 is in da house!

381C0AFC-58FD-4125-86E5-5A5D315166EE (resized).jpeg381C0AFC-58FD-4125-86E5-5A5D315166EE (resized).jpeg
#2236 5 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

#669 is in da house!

Congratulations! My buddy is waiting on his LE, loving my CE. Enjoy and laugh out loud with some of the call outs. Tonight I just heard bride of Frankenstein say her husband will have an enormous organ!! Both myself and my wife both had to pause and say WTF?!? Great game.

#2237 5 years ago

I agree with the other folks who say to dial down the flippers by -4, plays much better and more like the original.

#2238 5 years ago

MBrLE heading back to Chicago. Refused delivery. Fork lift to the cabinet. So close, then ripped away.

87FADC54-DA9B-46CE-B46E-C01E67035C77 (resized).jpeg87FADC54-DA9B-46CE-B46E-C01E67035C77 (resized).jpegEB438128-C808-4C3E-BB74-7EB84D6E0EA4 (resized).jpegEB438128-C808-4C3E-BB74-7EB84D6E0EA4 (resized).jpeg
#2239 5 years ago
Quoted from hawknole:

OK, thank you & sorry, my mistake on the holes. I got mine from Pinball Decals and they are still not centered on the screw. If that was the only issue then I might be OK. However, there are two square notches on the back of the blade. The one at the top is correct for the rear glass channel but there is a second notch that exposes the black wood underneath and that is not correct. I am sure both notches were needed for B/W pins.
Edit: picture added, the hole works once I follow the instructions--my bad, but here is the square space circled in white
[quoted image]

As a point of clarification on the above, I spoke to Joey today at Pinball Decals. We talked for a while and he is a stand up guy. Based on his feedback, I am the first person to bring up the step on the B/W blades in 10 years. And yes, the blades fit and the step notch is not visible under normal conditions. Clearly, the notch is a non-issue. Also, Joey told me that he and a gentleman from Germany jointly developed the first mirror blades.

I also emailed Melissa at Cointaker and she confirmed they are changing their blades for CGC remakes by making the hole bigger to accommodate the bolt. She also confirmed the step notch will remain in the Cointaker recuts.

#2240 5 years ago
Quoted from LP30:

MBrLE heading back to Chicago. Refused delivery. Fork lift to the cabinet. So close, then ripped away.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Ugh! That sucks. Sorry man

#2241 5 years ago
Quoted from LP30:

Wow...that sucks.

I hope mine looks better than this.

#2242 5 years ago
Quoted from LP30:

What happens when CGC gets a game back like this? Do they just repackage it and send it to someone else?

#2243 5 years ago

It will need a new cabinet. It's number matching, so they will send it back to me when it gets swapped out. I didn't open the box any further once I saw the damage. 2 of the straps were broken and the bottom corner in the photo was crushed enough to rip the box, so there may be more damage than what I've seen. The driver had a long sigh when he asked if I knew the value. His first delivery today was a $3300 loss. He blamed guys on the dock running around in forklifts. He recommended the games be crated instead of boxed. Seems like they should pay attention to where they are driving.

#2244 5 years ago
Quoted from LP30:

It will need a new cabinet. It's number matching, so they will send it back to me when it gets swapped out.

How long did they say it would take? Sorry for the cabinet getting forked.

#2245 5 years ago

Not sure yet. Will have to wait for everyone to be in the office. It's the second NIBLE for me to receive such a custom shipping mod.

#2246 5 years ago
Quoted from LP30:

It will need a new cabinet. It's number matching, so they will send it back to me when it gets swapped out. I didn't open the box any further once I saw the damage. 2 of the straps were broken and the bottom corner in the photo was crushed enough to rip the box, so there may be more damage than what I've seen. The driver had a long sigh when he asked if I knew the value. His first delivery today was a $3300 loss. He blamed guys on the dock running around in forklifts. He recommended the games be crated instead of boxed. Seems like they should pay attention to where they are driving.

This happens and you did the right thing. bummer though.

#2247 5 years ago
Quoted from LP30:

Not sure yet. Will have to wait for everyone to be in the office. It's the second NIBLE for me to receive such a custom shipping mod.

Highly respect your patience for a situation like that. Man, I'd be fuming (privately inside, never helps to get angry in front of someone that didn't do the damage).

#2248 5 years ago
20190113_130444.jpg20190113_130444.jpg
#2249 5 years ago
Quoted from BOBCADE:

Great news and I will do the same with my protectors. Thanks!

+2

#2250 5 years ago
Quoted from netman63129:

This is why I am patient and do not mind waiting a few months for my LE. Hopefully, all issues will already be fixed

Agreed

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 33.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Shepherdsville, KY
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Machine - For Sale
Tulsa, OK
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lafayette, LA
$ 12.95
Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 9,330 posts in this topic. You are on page 45 of 187.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monster-bash-remake-mbr-owners-club/page/45?hl=evh347 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.