(Topic ID: 222461)

Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)

By MrSanRamon

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 9,332 posts
  • 732 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by KingMixer
  • Topic is favorited by 277 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)”

• I'm in on a CE 77 votes
    9%
  • I'm in on a SE 172 votes
    21%
  • I'm in on a LE 396 votes
    48%
  • I'm out for now 182 votes
    22%

(827 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

wire switch 2 (resized).jpg
R orbit switch (resized).jpg
IMG_4951 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4943 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0464 (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
IMG_3190 (resized).jpeg
Wolfman (resized).jpg
IMG_2467 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4014 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231111_165525077 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20231112-165133 (resized).png
20231110_123120 (resized).jpg
20231105_122730 (resized).jpg
94B393B7-CB09-4AFB-A166-CF0EC7F7F9A0 (resized).jpeg
3D150F78-A1C1-4B31-A9FA-00031163D7C1 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 9,332 posts in this topic. You are on page 44 of 187.
#2151 5 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Ya I wanna play too! I think game Exchange has mine now, just waiting for them to deliver it. Fingers crossed for Monday!

The guy who's telling everyone to calm down and wait it out - well he's getting his Monday. Nice.

Our fingers will be crossed for you. Everyone else - shut it.

#2152 5 years ago

So Games Exchange Colorado has a bunch of customers waiting for their LEs, but someone backed out and instead of giving it to the next person in line they try to sell it for $1000 more?

#2153 5 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

So Games Exchange Colorado has a bunch of customers waiting for their LEs, but someone backed out and instead of giving it to the next person in line they try to sell it for $1000 more?

Yeah is that really correct?

#2154 5 years ago

Seeing how successful this remake is, what would an original HUO MB be worth now in great condition?

#2155 5 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

Yes it's correct. I don't know if they have non number matched people waiting in line, but I would guess they do. And yes, they appear to be holding it and charging $1k premium. I actually hadn't thought about it at the time. That's kind of bullshit. I would definitely be pissed if I was a non number matched customer waiting patiently at game exchange.

#2156 5 years ago

Got the email as well... Non-number matching LE shipping next week. Paid in full early December. A little nervous about the recent examples here citing freight damage. I've had a dozen or so NIB's delivered with zero issues, but isn't this why you pay with a CC? I always pay with my Amex just in case to ensure I'm covered if the game arrives in pieces or the box is filled with bricks, etc.

#2157 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Seeing how successful this remake is, what would an original HUO MB be worth now in great condition?

Completely stock or with color dmd and other stuff? I know a few that sold recently for 7-8k in nice/great condition with some mods. Still lots people that like originals.

#2158 5 years ago
Quoted from LoganJK:

Lots of talk about receiving shipments. My advice is to pick up your game from the terminal/hub when it gets to your city ...

absolutely, 1000% this... I have done this with every one of my machines purchased from Joe. And the terminal manager has no issue with you checking the box, as well as opening it up and checking the contents before signing.

#2159 5 years ago

duplicate post

#2160 5 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

well stated....its clearly only an issue for the impatient buyer (like myself)....I get u are at the mercy of what the manufacturer tells u.....as great as CGC is they are always behind the eight ball in regards to manufacturing. They really need to do a better job of communicating a realistic production schedule to the distributor. The only company that really delivers on time is Stern.....they are just way ahead of CGC, JJP, and all the others when it comes to manufacturing. Nobody is even close to competing.

I don't think any of them are better than each other, although it might be because we are in the UK but honestly its a nightmare, we place orders with a £2K deposit then its a roulette wheel as to when we get get asked for the rest then for it to sit in a shipping container for 3-4 weeks. This applies to Stern, CGC, JJP and Spooky. Where as I can order a car for less than a pinball machine and get a week level precise shipping date and pay a £500 deposit. Don't even get me started about the local delivery company and deal with them!

#2161 5 years ago
Quoted from AstonEnthusiast:

Got the email as well... Non-number matching LE shipping next week. Paid in full early December. A little nervous about the recent examples here citing freight damage. I've had a dozen or so NIB's delivered with zero issues, but isn't this why you pay with a CC? I always pay with my Amex just in case to ensure I'm covered if the game arrives in pieces or the box is filled with bricks, etc.

Again, inspect/open the top at least before signing. I can tell the difference between a pinball machine and a box of bricks. Beyond that, keep a couple 20s in your pocket for the driver to buy time if needed. Dish out one at a time as needed.

As has been stated before, these home delivery drivers make peanuts and an extra $20 or two could buy you the time you need to set it up and fully inspect. That's what I'm going to be prepared for. Gotta think in their shoes- they got mouths to feed, too.

#2162 5 years ago
Quoted from Nytewatch33:

Yes it's correct. I don't know if they have non number matched people waiting in line, but I would guess they do. And yes, they appear to be holding it and charging $1k premium. I actually hadn't thought about it at the time. That's kind of bullshit. I would definitely be pissed if I was a non number matched customer waiting patiently at game exchange.

Oh, they for sure have at least one non number matched person with a down payment.

I'm not "pissed", but that does seem to not be in good faith. I mean, if they bump someone up in line then they are still going to get all their machines that they ordered so they'll have an extra one regardless that they can charge whatever they want for it. Probably best if I try to not think about this.

#2163 5 years ago

Are they now shipping non matching LE's before their done with the matching ones?

#2164 5 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Are they now shipping non matching LE's before their done with the matching ones?

I thought they were supposed to be done with matching numbers this week.

#2165 5 years ago

my matching # LE shipped yesterday.

#2166 5 years ago
Quoted from mjannusch:

Oh, they for sure have at least one non number matched person with a down payment.
I'm not "pissed", but that does seem to not be in good faith. I mean, if they bump someone up in line then they are still going to get all their machines that they ordered so they'll have an extra one regardless that they can charge whatever they want for it. Probably best if I try to not think about this.

I would be angry if I had ordered from Games Exchange. I don't understand why everyone recommends them. I ordered from them once. Very responsive when I wanted to order, but when I wanted to cancel after several delays I couldn't get a hold of them for some time.

#2167 5 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

I would be angry if I had ordered from Games Exchange. I don't understand why everyone recommends them. I ordered from them once. Very responsive when I wanted to order, but when I wanted to cancel after several delays I couldn't get a hold of them for some time.

I have never had an issue with them. I bought 3 games from JJ last year and had no trouble getting hold of him at any point during the process. In my small community we probably accounted for 10 to 12 NIB games over the past two years from Game Exchange.

#2168 5 years ago
Quoted from JeffF:

According to Cointaker and Gameroom Guys... this upcoming week it'll be available. And I'm buying it as soon as it shows instock!!!
JFYI, both of the above companies were told this via CGC. I wrote CGC too but didn't hear back. Keeping my fingers crossed...

Received an email from Gameroom Guys yesterday and they should be getting the CE display upgrade early next week. I noticed they show the product "In Stock" with a lead time of one day so I ordered.

https://www.gameroomguys.com/Monster-Bash-HD-Color-Display-Upgrade?undefined=61514

Hoping we get our upgrade late next week or early the week after.

#2169 5 years ago

I ordered mine through Planetary Pinball. I didn't want to relive the two year wait when I ordered my MMR through another distro. That was my first NIB but it was also a game I thought I could never own so I paid in full early on. Having over $7k tied up for over a year (due to delays) was not fun.

I wasn't originally planning to buy an MBR because I didn't have room nor $ but had a Christmas miracle which put me in the position to get one. I didn't care about number matching so I ordered a "normal" LE and hoped that would speed up my delivery. I'm hearing that number matched games continue to be built through February. Even if I get mine in March it would be an improvement over my MMR schedule

I know MMR was built in Stern's factory so much of the scheduling was out of CGC's control. I didn't follow AFMR scheduling because I wasn't interested in that game but was hopeful that in house assembly at CGC would be faster and more predictable. Sounds like they're still figuring that out.

Anywho, I'm not happy that I won't see the game this month but I am happy that it looks to be only a one to two month delay with only the deposit in play. Compared to 2 years, I can live with that.

#2170 5 years ago
Quoted from CGC-Ryan:

Happy New Year's Everybody.
I wanted to give everybody a quick update as to what is going on here at Chicago Gaming Company.
We are in production currently on the Monster Bash Limited Edition Serial Number matching games. We are working hard to get them completed to start our standard Monster Bash Limited Edition Production run. As you know we are committed to delivering the highest quality in all of our products, so we are taking a little extra time to ensure that every game is up to the quality that we demand.
We also have released a software update for all current Monster Bash games already delivered.
This update can be found here: https://www.chicago-gaming.com/coinop/monster-bash/update
This version includes the following enhancements and bug fixes:
1) Reprocessed audio to increase volume.
2) Fixed bug where custom logo would revert to default over a power cycle.
I want to thank everybody for all the support and wish everybody a Happy New Year

I tried with no success to update the new code. The folder says "MonsterBash102" only. No installer.img. I download a zip opener that did NOTHING. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

#2171 5 years ago
Quoted from drummermike:

Any help is appreciated.

Please PM me your email address and I'll send you instructions Scott Tiesma made up. Might help you better.

LTG : )

#2172 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Please PM me your email address and I'll send you instructions Scott Tiesma made up. Might help you better.
LTG : )

PM sent. Thanks Lloyd.

#2173 5 years ago
Quoted from drummermike:

I tried with no success to update the new code. The folder says "MonsterBash102" only. No installer.img. I download a zip opener that did NOTHING. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Mac or Windows? Which Zip opener? More details will help us help you.

#2174 5 years ago

Lloyd just sent better instructions that I will try later. Thanks. Was for Windows. free zip app from App Store.

#2175 5 years ago
Quoted from drummermike:

I'm having the same problem. No file to unzip, it's not a .img file. Following Windows OS instructions.

#2176 5 years ago

A follow up on the Mosh Pit protector issue, I have one of Cliffy's Blackline and one of his normal width playfield protectors, I removed the CG one-piece unit and put in Cliffy's Blackline(the stainless is not as wide and does have a nicer appearance), but you could see maybe 1/32" of playfield wood which I did not like, so I put in the regular width, but with the beating the Mosh Pit takes maybe that's a good thing. Once you remove the assembly underneath then install the Mantis protector, it has a tab with 4 holes that need drilled to mount under the playfield, you have to remove all the screws holding the white PC board, shift it as far left as possible(no connectors were removed by me) and then you can drill 2 holes which I feel is enough--you can't drill the far left 2 holes unless you disconnect a bunch of the connectors.

IMG_4355 (resized).JPGIMG_4355 (resized).JPGIMG_4356 (resized).JPGIMG_4356 (resized).JPGIMG_4357 (resized).JPGIMG_4357 (resized).JPGIMG_4358 (resized).JPGIMG_4358 (resized).JPGIMG_4359 (resized).JPGIMG_4359 (resized).JPGIMG_4360 (resized).JPGIMG_4360 (resized).JPGIMG_4361 (resized).JPGIMG_4361 (resized).JPG
#2177 5 years ago
Quoted from tomtest:

A follow up on the Mosh Pit protector issue, I have one of Cliffy's Blackline and one of his normal width playfield protectors, I removed the CG one-piece unit and put in Cliffy's Blackline(the stainless is not as wide and does have a nicer appearance), but you could see maybe 1/32" of playfield wood which I did not like, so I put in the regular width, but with the beating the Mosh Pit takes maybe that's a good thing. Once you remove the assembly underneath then install the Mantis protector, it has a tab with 4 holes that need drilled to mount under the playfield, you have to remove all the screws holding the white PC board, shift it as far left as possible(no connectors were removed by me) and then you can drill 2 holes which I feel is enough--you can't drill the far left 2 holes unless you disconnect a bunch of the connectors.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks for this!

#2178 5 years ago

Thanks for posting tomtest

#2179 5 years ago
Quoted from WizWiggy:

I'm having the same problem. No file to unzip, it's not a .img file. Following Windows OS instructions.

Lloyd just sent me better instructions that worked. I still had some confusion with the zip file though. Not sure what I did to get it working. You may have an easier time. PM me or Lloyd (LTG) for the instructions. Thanks again Lloyd!

#2180 5 years ago

I got the better instructions from LTG. The zip file confusion is what I was dealing with too. Very happy to hear it worked for you, I'll try again on Tuesday. Thanks @LTG and @drummermike

#2181 5 years ago

This is the first non number match LE that is shipping that I've heard of I think? Seems odd that non number matches would be shipping already with number matched people waiting. Especially since many non number matchers paid in full earlier than December. Maybe a distributor thing or someone dropped out?

#2182 5 years ago

If a non matched MBrLE has been seen in the wild, I would suspect it is a few backroom agreements and a few greased palms of distributors (alls fair in love and pinball? Right?) making things happen for their customers. You pay that extra $1000 and see how soon it shows up on your doorstep. Am I wrong?

#2183 5 years ago

I'm waiting for my MBR, somewhat confused by the mosh pit protection issues. Can someone confirm the latest recommendation? Is it to remove what is included completely and replace with the full sized cliffy and add a new mantis protector?

#2184 5 years ago
Quoted from ninjabones:

I'm waiting for my MBR, somewhat confused by the mosh pit protection issues. Can someone confirm the latest recommendation? Is it to remove chest is included completely and replace drug the full sized cliffy and mantis protector?

My original protector is holding up. There is a mark where the ball is going in but no bad dents. I would wait and see how it holds up.

#2185 5 years ago

Mine is getting banged up a bit ... but I’m not going to change it out for a while.

0D373C26-F63E-4610-B159-984057040F9D (resized).jpeg0D373C26-F63E-4610-B159-984057040F9D (resized).jpeg
#2186 5 years ago
Quoted from Captain-Flint:

I am part of the club... I got the SE version. Love it! It really is an amazing machine. I upgraded from a Black Rose so the upgrade is startling to say the least! Anyway, dumb question but I want to install black mirror blades on this bad boy, but I just had to double check with the group here that the Bally Williams blades with work with the Remakes???
Sorry if this has been answered before.

I can confirm that the Bally/Williams blades are NOT compatible. The hole is not big enough and only one notch is needed in the back. I am looking for mirror blades for my SE if any knows where to source please advise.

#2187 5 years ago
Quoted from hawknole:

I can confirm that the Bally/Williams blades are NOT compatible. The hole is not big enough and only one notch is needed in the back. I am looking for mirror blades for my SE if any knows where to source please advise.

Just a question to confirm. Are you sure the hole is too small? On B/W games you have to remove the bolt from the cabinet and it goes Through the blade. Just wanting to confirm before ordering some. Thanks

#2188 5 years ago
Quoted from hawknole:

I bought the mirror blades from Cointaker for Williams machines and installed in my SE, fit perfectly.

#2189 5 years ago
Quoted from tomtest:

I bought the mirror blades from Cointaker for Williams machines and installed in my SE, fit perfectly.

Me too.

I bought a set from here...
https://pinballsidemirrors.com/product/pinball-side-mirrors/

Which at the bottom of the page says "A Division of CoinTaker".

They fit good as far as I can tell. Nothing stopped the install and it took ~10 minutes like usual. The bolt hole lined up fine on our machine.

#2190 5 years ago
Quoted from tomtest:

So weird... I spoke to Melissa at CoinTaker about this and she said they are getting some cut specifically for MBR... because there is a difference in a hole size.

#2191 5 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

So weird... I spoke to Melissa at CoinTaker about this and she said they are getting some cut specifically for MBR... because there is a difference in a hole size.

Same here.

#2192 5 years ago
Quoted from tomtest:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Did you send Cliff a pic of what the edgeline looked like on the remake?

In theory, it should line up to the edge same as the original game. I reached out to him to have a look at this thread, too, while he's at it.

I definitely don't want to install the fat protector on a new playfield, that's why I bought into the mantis cliffy edgeline sandwich concept- to protect it properly from the beginning so I wouldn't have to progress to a fat protector for repaired scoop damage.

#2193 5 years ago

I will keep the factory scoop protection - it’s doing it’s job and taking the hits rather than the wood. Would be good if they sold spares of those if one wanted to replace it cosmetically.

#2194 5 years ago
Quoted from Nytewatch33:

This is the first non number match LE that is shipping that I've heard of I think? Seems odd that non number matches would be shipping already with number matched people waiting. Especially since many non number matchers paid in full earlier than December. Maybe a distributor thing or someone dropped out?

Nobody dropped out - I ordered our MBRLE about 30 seconds after our distributor started taking orders.

#2195 5 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

I will keep the factory scoop protection - it’s doing it’s job and taking the hits rather than the wood. Would be good if they sold spares of those if one wanted to replace it cosmetically.

I agree, I have about 50 games on my LE and the factory protector is doing its job. It has some small marks on it that you can’t even see unless you get right up on it at a certain angle

Side note I have my flipper strength set to -4 as the factory setting seemed too strong.

FF61E967-0F3E-4252-93D0-990351379D0F (resized).jpegFF61E967-0F3E-4252-93D0-990351379D0F (resized).jpeg

#2196 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Just a question to confirm. Are you sure the hole is too small? On B/W games you have to remove the bolt from the cabinet and it goes Through the blade. Just wanting to confirm before ordering some. Thanks

OK, thank you & sorry, my mistake on the holes. I got mine from Pinball Decals and they are still not centered on the screw. If that was the only issue then I might be OK. However, there are two square notches on the back of the blade. The one at the top is correct for the rear glass channel but there is a second notch that exposes the black wood underneath and that is not correct. I am sure both notches were needed for B/W pins.

Edit: picture added, the hole works once I follow the instructions--my bad, but here is the square space circled in white
blade (resized).jpgblade (resized).jpg

#2197 5 years ago

Well I have had #456 for about 1 week now and so far it has been absolutely trouble free. My first impressions are:
1. It isn't boring nor simple and for a mediocre player like myself, it is't easy. I don't remember my first one from 1996 being this tough.
2. It is well built but I think my AFMR LE is better built and has nicer finishing. The topper while nice, does not compare to AFMR'S incredible one. But really, what could?
3. I think that as good as CGC games are, JJP machines remain the standard of excellence and even at a price tag of $1500 more for LE vs. LE, they are the better choice.
4. Having said all this, CGC's MBR LE is a machine worth having. Tons of fun, great play, and very much an eyeful. If you get one, you won't be sorry. It deserves to be in any collection of consequence.
Just my opinion.....
Forgot to add a couple of pics...

20190113_130401.jpg20190113_130401.jpg20190113_130444.jpg20190113_130444.jpg
#2198 5 years ago

Can anyone please help with the code upgrade process I did everything cgc required but I get a blank screen on my pin no upgrade?

#2199 5 years ago
Quoted from Blackzarak:

Can anyone please help with the code upgrade process I did everything cgc required but I get a blank screen on my pin no upgrade?

See post 2179.

#2200 5 years ago
Quoted from ninjabones:

I'm waiting for my MBR, somewhat confused by the mosh pit protection issues. Can someone confirm the latest recommendation? Is it to remove what is included completely and replace with the full sized cliffy and add a new mantis protector?

My recommendation is leave the hole alone -- it has a metal protector that's doing its job on mine. After 200 games it has a few dents but the wood is protected -- its doing its job. I think too many go overboard on "belt and suspender" approach to protection. "get a mantis and a cliffy and then have someone weld titanium over everything". Its friggin pinball -- its a steel ball flying in the air and rolling over wood -- it leaves dents (oh my God -- DIMPLES!!) and shit wears down. So what if the metal protector gets a few dents. At least its keeping the wood from looking like this-------

MB destroyed (resized).jpgMB destroyed (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

12,125 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
St. Paul, MN
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 12.95
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Asheville, NC
Machine - For Sale
Loris, SC
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 33.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 210.00
£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

There are 9,332 posts in this topic. You are on page 44 of 187.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monster-bash-remake-mbr-owners-club/page/44?hl=bigdog50 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.