(Topic ID: 222461)

Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)

By MrSanRamon

10 months ago

Topic Stats

• 5,690 posts
  • 443 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 28 minutes ago by sgorsuch
  • Topic is favorited by 169 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)”

• I'm in on a CE 32 votes
    6%
  • I'm in on a SE 91 votes
    16%
  • I'm in on a LE 282 votes
    50%
  • I'm out for now 154 votes
    28%

(559 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 907 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_9411 (resized).jpg
20190609_102032 (resized).jpg
20190604_114223 (resized).jpg
AB10A6F3-92FF-4BE8-8039-9C3FF28AC728 (resized).jpeg
696D1BF0-1CFF-424C-B5B2-356384C5D081 (resized).jpeg
1EC5C233-6829-4ABF-AF1D-B8CA7F7A8B1E (resized).jpeg
A05855F7-3EAC-4886-8080-2A8EEB7C3ED9 (resized).jpeg
IMG-8634 (resized).JPG
IMG-8637 (resized).JPG
IMG-8632 (resized).JPG
20190531_145857 (resized).jpg
Foot surgery (resized).jpg
monster-bash-story-sideblades-inside-decals-sideboard-art-pin-blades (resized).jpg
20190527_191141_resized (resized).jpg
20190527_191130_resized (resized).jpg
20190527_191107_resized (resized).jpg

There are 5690 posts in this topic. You are on page 41 of 114.
#2001 5 months ago

I paid in full on 11/30, haven’t heard a thing, number matched #68 to MMr and AFMr. Getting restless!

#2002 5 months ago

With the black and white Munsters being such a polarizing topic, would any Monster Bash owners or potential owners want an option to buy a Black and White version? Personally I like the full color and updated dots and lighting.

-Obviously pic is not real, just a hypothetical idea of a b&w playfield

E7128F5B-F57E-4BD2-BD3A-2482F6C96CE4 (resized).jpeg

#2003 5 months ago

I'm not opposed to any color scheme until I see it. For instance, not a fan at all of the Beatles color scheme. I think the TZ B&W looks pretty sweet, but again, it would depend on how well you could follow the ball. The shop job there looks like ass, but one done correctly could be pretty cool.

#2004 5 months ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

I'm waiting on my MBrLE too
Purchased through PPS
I was told last week that my machine should ship with a batch that's being shipped tomorrow. I haven't received the shipping email though.

When did you pay the balance? If you don't mind

#2005 5 months ago
Quoted from bohunr:

Who is PPS and where are they located?

Half of the PPS/CGC team. http://www.planetarypinball.com/ Call Sara to buy a game.

LTG : )

#2006 5 months ago
Quoted from Quadrat:

When did you pay the balance? If you don't mind

Nov 15th

#2007 5 months ago

I know that this probably doesn't affect too many people, but the my game was drop shipped from the manufacturer direct to me. My dealer is in Kentucky.

To those people getting machines from their dealers locally (picking them up), the dealer may be waiting to get 2, 3, 4 or more games shipped together from the manufacturer to save shipping costs.

That could be the reason some people aren't getting their games as fast as others.

The only other reason I can think of is that some dealers may have more pull, or signed up for X number of games first, or maybe paid something/more upfront.

Robert

#2008 5 months ago

No regrets about going with the SE. Been enjoying it since the end of November. Hang in there, the game is worth the wait.

#2009 5 months ago

I am getting a lot of SDTM drains from the scoop - have tried different kicker settings to no avail. Game is level - any ideas?

#2010 5 months ago

Anybody knows when European games start shipping ?

#2011 5 months ago
Quoted from pintechev:

I am getting a lot of SDTM drains from the scoop - have tried different kicker settings to no avail. Game is level - any ideas?

Make sure you are controlling “R” popper..
I assumed it was “L” eject ... because ... well it’s to the left of the auto plunger ejector (derrrrr)... forgot about the creature ejector. This was my issue (neglected to RTFM...which I rarely do)... thought I was changing the setting but was actually not. I had to set mine to max. After that ... no more SDTM issues.

#2012 5 months ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

Make sure you are controlling “R” popper..
I assumed it was “L” eject ... because ... well it’s to the left of the auto plunger ejector (derrrrr)... forgot about the creature ejector. This was my issue (neglected to RTFM...which I rarely do)... thought I was changing the setting but was actually not. I had to set mine to max. After that ... no more SDTM issues.

Thanks for mentioning that - I am indeed using the right adjustment in the menus. Just cannot seem to get it right yet. I will keep trying.

#2013 5 months ago

I know we’ve all said this to death but paying in full in mid Nov for a non matching LE seemed a little early. When I originally did my preorder I made my deposit and was told I would be asked to pay on full 2 to 3 weeks before it shipped. I think they jumped the gun quite a bit. Now the anticipation has started to wain and I’m honestly not as excited about it. I’m sure that will change when I get an email telling me it shipped.

#2014 5 months ago

The yellow "start" button flashes for awhile, then goes out.

This is happening after I updated the software. Before, I think, it flashed continually, as long as the game was turned on.

How does others operate?

Robert

#2015 5 months ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

The yellow "start" button flashes for awhile, then goes out.
This is happening after I updated the software. Before, I think, it flashed continually, as long as the game was turned on.
How does others operate?
Robert

AFAIK, Start button is tied into GI and is affected by the power saver setting. A friend’s Bash was doing this. Start button light would turn off but still worked. Check your timer setting.

#2016 5 months ago

Quite surprised how many people would pay in full and still waiting on a game. Why in the world would they need your money in advance besides just looking to get more cash for themselves upfront.

I tell you my distributor hasn't asked and I respect that. I always go through them and always been satisfied. If a distributor asked for full like I'm seeing many have, that would be the last time I bought from them. Simple as that.

#2017 5 months ago
Quoted from delt31:

Quite surprised how many people would pay in full and still waiting on a game. Why in the world would they need your money in advance besides just looking to get more cash for themselves upfront.
I tell you my distributor hasn't asked and I respect that. I always go through them and always been satisfied. If a distributor asked for full like I'm seeing many have, that would be the last time I bought from them. Simple as that.

Well at the risk of looking a little stupid, I'll tell you my reason. This was my first ever NIB. Actually my second pin ever. I was concerned the demand would be very high and I would have to wait a long time for my unit as I obviously don't qualify for number match. So I voluntarily paid in full hoping to be closer to the front of the line. At the time, I knew the number matches would ship first - but I also had conversations with my distributor and they explained that if they had say 10 number matches, and only 9 of them paid in full when asked for payment (one dropped out) then I would be slotted in to their spot. At least that's how I understood it at the time - and I may have misunderstood regardless. I don't fault my distributor at all. They never asked for payment. And they have been amazingly responsive to my questions along the way. It's hard to wait, so I check in periodically. I am currently #7 at my distributor, who is one that has been mentioned many times above . I guess in the end I'd much rather have a very quality product than something rushed that needs to be fixed later. With that said, I did make a mistake paying in advance as there was no rush. At the time, my distributor was being told they would have more games sooner and they did their best to estimate.

#2018 5 months ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

I know that this probably doesn't affect too many people, but the my game was drop shipped from the manufacturer direct to me. My dealer is in Kentucky.
To those people getting machines from their dealers locally (picking them up), the dealer may be waiting to get 2, 3, 4 or more games shipped together from the manufacturer to save shipping costs.
That could be the reason some people aren't getting their games as fast as others.
The only other reason I can think of is that some dealers may have more pull, or signed up for X number of games first, or maybe paid something/more upfront.
Robert

The reason people aren’t getting there games is simple. CGC hasn’t made them yet. They are being very careful to bring you a quality product so production is way behind schedule. I had asked a few of my customers to pay in full expecting to ship the game in the next two weeks. I still don’t have those games to ship. I don’t ask for full payment until I think the game will be ready using info I’ve been given. I’m sure other dealers do the same.

#2019 5 months ago

They can take their time. I want a quality product, not a rushed product.

#2020 5 months ago
Quoted from flipnout1:

The reason people aren’t getting there games is simple. CGC hasn’t made them yet. They are being very careful to bring you a quality product so production is way behind schedule. I had asked a few of my customers to pay in full expecting to ship the game in the next two weeks. I still don’t have those games to ship. I don’t ask for full payment until I think the game will be ready using info I’ve been given. I’m sure other dealers do the same.

I am happily waiting until Spring 2020 to buy my game for this very reason. I want the "hype train" to be parked and there to be excess inventory so all I have to do is pick up the phone, call my distributor, tell them what I want, and my game is here within a week's time.

This whole "ordering in November, expecting it in 2 weeks and now waiting until February" would drive me nuts.

#2021 5 months ago
Quoted from Coz:

With the black and white Munsters being such a polarizing topic, would any Monster Bash owners or potential owners want an option to buy a Black and White version? Personally I like the full color and updated dots and lighting.
[quoted image]

Definitely a no from us! I remember being a kid waiting for us to buy a colour TV. I do not want to go backwards.

#2022 5 months ago

I ordered from pps and paid early too. But I was told it would arrive for the holiday, while I had family visiting.
Sounds like CGC was overzealous. I'm still waiting for a new ETA. It's a bummer...

#2023 5 months ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Now is the time when you start reevaluating your life choices and wondering wether you should have just got a Stern Pro and played it for a couple of months while you wait... one thing for certain, been less of a wait than the first 20 years waiting on the remake in the first place. Right now, with LE’s still to be had by a few distributors, one wonders if they could have done something with their $1000 unrefundable deposit beside let it make money for somebody else for the last 3 months. If the wait goes beyond January, that will affect my buying decisions going forward for certain. NIB is nice and all, but this may be the first and last preorder sale for me.

Not sure why dude is downvoting everything youre putting out but I agree with this. I waited a long ass time for my TNA and sold it to jump on my dream game here. Never thought I'd be waiting here still for the game. This will be my last NIB.. I guess never say never but this has been extremely frustrating for me.

Why did we PIF when the game wasn't ready to ship? Because our distributors I guess were as excited as we were lol The email I received made it seem like I was a couple weeks away and I better put my check in the mail or I might lose out before Christmas. Now I'm lucky if it's a Super Bowl Bash Party but now I'm looking at the calendar thinking I'll be fortunate if it's a birthday present for me as well.

I know you guy's that have your games are probably tired of our DOOM & GLOOM but this sucks. All of your games are amazing and because I wanted the greatest Monster Bash I could get I'm still waiting :/ . I'll feel better when I get my game but things like this turn a man off on being a returning costumer. I won't be a pre-sale guy anymore. Lessons learned.

#2024 5 months ago

I don't know why anyone assumed they would get them fast...they always get delayed when they haven't even come out yet (they weren't even built). If you want one fast, wait until they've been out 6 months and are sitting in warehouses.

Granted I haven't paid in full yet - so I can see how tying all that money up for a month can be annoying.

#2025 5 months ago
Quoted from Coz:

[quoted image]

If I want color + lower playfield I have to shell out for the LE. Duck that. The B/W should have been for those choosing to opt in with the higher price point.

#2026 5 months ago

Well today was a bummer....Guess it really is a good idea to always open the box!

IMG_9491 (resized).JPGIMG_9492 (resized).JPG
#2027 5 months ago
Quoted from BrewskisBar:

Well today was a bummer....Guess it really is a good idea to always open the box!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Man I'm sorry that really sucks.

#2028 5 months ago
Quoted from Ed209:

If I want color + lower playfield I have to shell out for the LE. Duck that. The B/W should have been for those choosing to opt in with the higher price point.

Agree, but I’d place a bet on Stern offering a full colour Premium at some point. They they did it with Roadcase Metallica, and even AC/DC.

#2029 5 months ago
Quoted from BrewskisBar:

What is that???

#2030 5 months ago
Quoted from BrewskisBar:

Wow!! I see some minor damage to box loaded on forklift...but didn't expect to see that mess. Was there additional damage to other side of box as well?

By the way, very sorry about that. I'm sure it really let the wind out of your sails.

#2031 5 months ago
Quoted from flipnout1:

It's the same on AFMR, and I think MMR as well.
Start flashes yellow then stops flashing after a while but is still working. Must be a power saving as explained.

#2032 5 months ago

No visible damage to the other side, I almost didn't even bother opening the box. Somehow the bottom of the head broke off, I didn't open the box any more, must have taken a big drop.

IMG_9493 (resized).JPGIMG_9495 (resized).JPG
#2033 5 months ago

Ok, this pic makes me think that the waiting is not going to be the hardest part (sorry, Tom Petty, RIP)

Ouch!

#2034 5 months ago

Good thing you checked! Same thing happened with an MMR I received. Minor little dent turned out to be a forklift injury to the back box.

#2035 5 months ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Ditto

#2036 5 months ago
Quoted from Zablon:

No one expects or prefers a bad, rushed product.

Quoted from Zablon:

I don't know why anyone assumed they would get them fast...they always get delayed when they haven't even come out yet (they weren't even built).

Because customers were told their games would be delivered soon (after request for full payment). I don't think they misled on purpose, but since 'pinball is hard', you'd think pin businesses might be more conservative. Also, this is their third remake, and they shipped a bunch of classics, SE's, and LE's....

Frankly, my only REAL frustration is the handling of pre-payments in this hobby.

#2037 5 months ago
Quoted from BrewskisBar:

No visible damage to the other side, I almost didn't even bother opening the box. Somehow the bottom of the head broke off, I didn't open the box any more, must have taken a big drop.

Oh man that is beyond shitty... so sorry. What a disappointment! My box had a small chunk taken out of the bottom corner... you could see the legs in their inner box. I almost didn't accept it. I was afraid that the legs were flopping around in the box, it was merely a flesh wound and nothing like this. The delivery company told me CoinTaker was having issues with one of their carriers (I think UPS freight) damaging so many pins they had to stop using them. They use a private mom-and-pop delivery service (who are pinball people) in my area when they can. Games are shipped from the vendor to CoinTaker where they are inspected first and then sent to the customer by the mom-and-pop outfit... its actually quite nice. They showed up in a Scion xB ... I was expecting FedEx freight ... and this little car showed up. The machine fits perfectly in it (fills it up completely). Anyway it was a nice way to receive it, handled with care.

So sorry ... that's tough to look at.

#2038 5 months ago
Quoted from Coz:

[quoted image]

B&W works for Munsters because of the era of TV show and the fact it was B&W. Monster Bash should not be B&W

#2039 5 months ago
Quoted from WackyBrakke:

B&W works for Munsters because of the era of TV show and the fact it was B&W. Monster Bash should not be B&W

Because CFTBL, Dracula, the mummy, the wolf man, and Frankenstein were all in color?

#2040 5 months ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

Because CFTBL, Dracula, the mummy, the wolf man, and Frankenstein were all in color?

No, because who ever heard of a rock concert without a huge color light show? But I get were you are coming from.

If I am paying $8K for something that has RGB LED lights all over it, do I really want the artwork in B&W? I am paying a premium for this thing, and “Avant Garde Artwork” is not one of the things on the LE feature matrix.

#2041 5 months ago

I was told that my machine could ship today, Friday at the latest.

I's been a while since I purchased a NIB.

Can someone tell me if the un-boxed machine will fit through a typical 36 inch entry door?

#2042 5 months ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

I was told that my machine could ship today, Friday at the latest.
I's been a while since I purchased a NIB.
Can someone tell me if the un-boxed machine will fit through a typical 36 inch entry door?

I got a new in box RBION through a 36" door and slide it down the stairs into a basement.

#2043 5 months ago

#2044 5 months ago
Quoted from WackyBrakke:

I think my game is here in Denver somewhere! Waiting to hear back from Game Exchange to see if they have it and when they can deliver it.

Quoted from jbug:

I got a new in box RBION through a 36" door and slide it down the stairs into a basement. So an unboxed game will be fine.

#2046 5 months ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

Oh man that is beyond shitty... so sorry. What a disappointment! The delivery company told me CoinTaker was having issues with one of their carriers (I think UPS freight) damaging so many pins they had to stop using them. They use a private mom-and-pop delivery service (who are pinball people) in my area when they can. Games are shipped from the vendor to CoinTaker where they are inspected first and then sent to the customer by the mom-and-pop outfit... its actually quite nice. They showed up in a Scion xB ... I was expecting FedEx freight ... and this little car showed up. The machine fits perfectly in it (fills it up completely).

CoinTaker is great and now my go to for NIB. The delivery team also does set up and takes all the trash with them when they go. Now I just have to keep selling blood and eating nothing but ramen to pay for my latest acquisition. Really happy with my SE.

#2047 5 months ago
Quoted from BrewskisBar:

Total bummer, especially after all the waiting. Keep us up with the process of getting a replacement.

#2048 5 months ago
Quoted from Cyrus:

Now I just have to keep selling blood and eating nothing but ramen to pay for my latest acquisition. Really happy with my SE.

Tickled me.

#2049 5 months ago
Quoted from BrewskisBar:

My AFMr was damaged during shipment, I refused to accept it and CGC & my dealer made good without any hassles.

When the next AFMr was sent to me the topper was damaged. I kept that game and refused to accept the topper. Again, CGC & my dealer made good without any hassles.

While this is a bummer, I have no doubt that CGC will make good for you.

Robert

#2050 5 months ago
Quoted from Reznnate:

No one expects or prefers a bad, rushed product.

Because customers were told their games would be delivered soon (after request for full payment). I don't think they misled on purpose, but since 'pinball is hard', you'd think pin businesses might be more conservative. Also, this is their third remake, and they shipped a bunch of classics, SE's, and LE's....
Frankly, my only REAL frustration is the handling of pre-payments in this hobby.

I couldn't agree more...the people who paid (in full) months in advance have every right to be irritated, but they shouldn't be surprised....CGC has done this with all three remakes...distributors can claim its because they are making sure their building a quality product (which they do), but the reality is they don't have the manufacturing capacity, and they consistently over promise.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Fullerton, CA
$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 9.95
$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
$ 5,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
La, CA
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Nitro Pinball Shop
7,850 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Meridian Charter Township, MI
$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
$ 279.95
$ 399.95
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 279.95
$ 90.00
There are 5690 posts in this topic. You are on page 41 of 114.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside