(Topic ID: 222461)

Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)

By MrSanRamon

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 9,332 posts
  • 732 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by KingMixer
  • Topic is favorited by 277 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)”

• I'm in on a CE 77 votes
    9%
  • I'm in on a SE 172 votes
    21%
  • I'm in on a LE 396 votes
    48%
  • I'm out for now 182 votes
    22%

(827 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

wire switch 2 (resized).jpg
R orbit switch (resized).jpg
IMG_4951 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4943 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0464 (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
IMG_3190 (resized).jpeg
Wolfman (resized).jpg
IMG_2467 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4014 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231111_165525077 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20231112-165133 (resized).png
20231110_123120 (resized).jpg
20231105_122730 (resized).jpg
94B393B7-CB09-4AFB-A166-CF0EC7F7F9A0 (resized).jpeg
3D150F78-A1C1-4B31-A9FA-00031163D7C1 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 9,332 posts in this topic. You are on page 40 of 187.
#1951 5 years ago
Quoted from HEAD_boss_HOG:

i just bought a mbr classic. its all good, except for two things. first, there is a light in the mummy inlane above the poppers which does not work. i hope to have CGC help me with this via replacement.
also, there is a problem with the ball guide on the way up the left bride ramp. i have some pics. it looks like someone tweaked the metal ball guide just behind the post at the very beginning of the ramp. there is a scratch on the metal. the ball guide actually leans to the left, visibly. the result is that the ball hits the post very hard and deflects to the right dramatically more than it should.
does anyone have any input on this?
thanks to all pinsiders!

Not an MBr owner (I own an AFMr), but for the ball guide try loosening the nut under the playfield that secures the guide. The little post you see on the guide is what is secured by the nut. I installed some Cliffys on my AFMr over the weekend and while I had the playfield up I tightened a lot of stuff, and I ended up overtightening one of the ball guides which caused it to "warp" exactly like yours.

#1952 5 years ago

TL;DR
Not sure people have really thought out the “connected to compete” angle of pinball. IOT connected machines makes sense only for software updates, common hi score leader boards, and reporting faults, earnings, and audits. People who think multi machine, national tornament competition via wifi or BT is going to happen soon must know something I don't. No one is going to compete in an on-site, national, regional or even a local tournament that has players playing on different machines off in the ether without some real specific monitoring and certification going on. How do I know there is a level playing field, and this is LITTERALLY an honest and relevant question. Are the machines set up the same?, same incline, outlanes, flipper strength, level left to right, nothing broken or compensated for, has the glass installed and no rigged switches to trip jackpots or scoring other than with the balls installed? If people can cheat, they will and you thought pinball machines were expensive now? Adding the hardware and software to monitor cheating is the last thing an operator wants to spend money on. They would rather see machines that last longer without having to fix or repair them as often than the minimal added market draw of online competition. That works for a video game where the playfield is virtual and the biggest exsposed game control is a trackball and button. Actually its kind of hard to make a video game play different from cabinet to cabinet. Try that with two NIB pins and see what happens?

#1953 5 years ago

My matching number game shipped today

#1954 5 years ago

And the matching numbers shipments to the Eloi continue to march on... while us lowlife unmatched Morlocks continue our torturous wait...

#1955 5 years ago

Would love some more reviews, and observations on MBR!

#1956 5 years ago
Quoted from ctviss:

Not an MBr owner (I own an AFMr), but for the ball guide try loosening the nut under the playfield that secures the guide. The little post you see on the guide is what is secured by the nut. I installed some Cliffys on my AFMr over the weekend and while I had the playfield up I tightened a lot of stuff, and I ended up overtightening one of the ball guides which caused it to "warp" exactly like yours.

thanks for the reply. i will check that. sounds possible. however, with the abrasion on the ball guide, i may have a bent ball guide during assembly. CGC has replied to me already and am working with them. their service is impeccable.

cheers!

#1957 5 years ago
Quoted from dts:

Would love some more reviews, and observations on MBR!

i just ordered the classic, and received in december. this game is better than the original. incredibly flowy game with super classic callouts. the shots are difficult enough to keep a decent to high end player occupied, but the modes are easy enough to reach after practicing to keep it satisfying. with the frankenstein mode stack ability, this game is like climbing a pyramid. the better you get at it there is another challenge ahead.

the pf and backbox and decals are bright and beautiful. the normal sized (green) dmd is just fine for me. i could do without the special and limited adders on this game; it stands on its own merits. the flippers feel just like a williams, very easy to press and snappy. this game is solidly constructed and CGC customer service really adds value to an already superior product. the stock sound system is very clean and i have no complaints about the game overall.

if you prefer fun and funny games, this one's for you. as a johnny mnemonic owner, i appreciate Gomez games, so this one's a KEEPER.

#1958 5 years ago
Quoted from HEAD_boss_HOG:

i just ordered the classic, and received in december. this game is better than the original. incredibly flowy game with super classic callouts. the shots are difficult enough to keep a decent to high end player occupied, but the modes are easy enough to reach after practicing to keep it satisfying. with the frankenstein mode stack ability, this game is like climbing a pyramid. the better you get at it there is another challenge ahead.
the pf and backbox and decals are bright and beautiful. the normal sized (green) dmd is just fine for me. i could do without the special and limited adders on this game; it stands on its own merits. the flippers feel just like a williams, very easy to press and snappy. this game is solidly constructed and CGC customer service really adds value to an already superior product. the stock sound system is very clean and i have no complaints about the game overall.
if you prefer fun and funny games, this one's for you. as a johnny mnemonic owner, i appreciate Gomez games, so this one's a KEEPER.

That's awesome! Thanks for the feedback! Would love to hear from others too.

#1959 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

And the matching numbers shipments to the Eloi continue to march on... while us lowlife unmatched Morlocks continue our torturous wait...

Nice HG Wells reference!! Yes, us Surface Dwellers are the elite and are served first, but remember we are a simple people only interested in playing --- while you Morlocks feast on us at night.
You too could join us by spending a buttload of money on multiple CGC machines, as that is what gives us Frequent Flyers the spots at the front of the line
Yes - it will be worth the wait. Got mine in first round arrived Friday before Xmas which was great with the 3 boys over for drunken competition on all 3 CGC's. Waiting is painful but any that waited 2 years for MMr know the real pain.

#1960 5 years ago

I am really enjoying it - very happy with the purchase. It really feels like one of the true pinnacles of pinball as an art form in the 90s. I own AFM and it compliments that game very well.

#1961 5 years ago

I’m a low-life morlock too.

#1962 5 years ago

Someone asked for "reviews". First, there are some issues that are inevitable in making hundreds of units of a complex electronic product with hundreds of parts on the BOM. But the items brought up by others so far seem minor to me and after two weeks with mine no problems and love it. Tweaks are common on any pinball machine - old or new.
I have all 3 remakes and so glad I am able to afford to own these. Been playing pinball, and addicted, since 1962. My oldest son was in college when MB came out. He would go to local arcade almost daily to play all the mid-90's classics so loves the remakes. He was there the day the operator brought in the new MB and set it up and left him 5 freebies. Says this plays as good or better than the original (which is one of his favorites along with MM) and the added lighting and effects are bonuses. Fun game with great call-outs and humor. Highly recommend to anyone on the fence. Get the classic for $6K if money is tight as that is the original base game. The other models just have added bling and features which are awesome, but not needed for the MB experience.

#1963 5 years ago

My true review will have to wait till I play a game on my factory built machine and not a show prototype, but I will say this. After having longed to own an original MB for 20 years, and hoping, as the years rolled on, that I would be able to find one in good working order and not have to restore it from a lost wood, played to death state of near death-

I would rather spend a couple of hours fixing a minor issue with a brand new machine than try and hunt down a phantom ground in the switch matrix of a 20 year old game. Ymmv.

So that is my best argument for buying CGC MBr, it does play like the original, and if you squint your eyes enough, you cant even tell MBrCE is a remake.

#1965 5 years ago

And I am having an Eloi for dinner too... I hope she has drunk a nice red wine... I hate when they’ve been drinking white, the paring is so gauche.

#1966 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

And I am having an Eloi for dinner too... I hope she has drunk a nice red wine... I hate when they’ve been drinking white, the paring is so gauche.

WTF

#1967 5 years ago

So...more impressions? Those were great. Keep them coming!

#1968 5 years ago

Anybody besides me still waiting for their number matching MBRLE? I ordered through pps.

#1969 5 years ago
Quoted from monte_:

Anybody besides me still waiting for their number matching MBRLE? I ordered through pps.

I was, but just got my ready to ship email today

#1970 5 years ago
Quoted from monte_:

Still waiting, ordered through pinballstar.

#1971 5 years ago
Quoted from monte_:

Same boat as you through pps.

#1972 5 years ago

My distributor just stated - They are producing number matching LEs at this time. 70 a week and have about 300 to go. Talked to CGC thursday they hope to start reg le non matching number customers in 3 to 4 weeks.

#1973 5 years ago

So February, you say? That estimate is way beyond the “possibly by the end of year” we heard when we ordered it in October. At this rate, if I get it by my birthday in March, I guess I should feel lucky? We are in for a rocky February if that is the case.

#1974 5 years ago
Quoted from SkaterVet:

My distributor just stated - They are producing number matching LEs at this time. 70 a week and have about 300 to go. Talked to CGC thursday they hope to start reg le non matching number customers in 3 to 4 weeks.

Dang that's a long wait for those at the back of the pack.

#1975 5 years ago
Quoted from monte_:

Me from Nitro, the best distributer in Canada

#1976 5 years ago

Now is the time when you start reevaluating your life choices and wondering wether you should have just got a Stern Pro and played it for a couple of months while you wait... one thing for certain, been less of a wait than the first 20 years waiting on the remake in the first place. Right now, with LE’s still to be had by a few distributors, one wonders if they could have done something with their $1000 unrefundable deposit beside let it make money for somebody else for the last 3 months. If the wait goes beyond January, that will affect my buying decisions going forward for certain. NIB is nice and all, but this may be the first and last preorder sale for me.

#1977 5 years ago
Quoted from SkaterVet:

300 more number matching games? I find that hard to believe.

#1978 5 years ago
Quoted from elf70:

Frank won't go back up. It's almost like the motor is struggling to lift him up.

Same thing happened on my LE. I lifted the Playfield and cycled it a few times. Everything looked like it was working except the report said Frank upswitch was broken. I teested the switches and they all seemed to trigger, I put the Playfield back down and it has been working fine since. Only have about 20 plays on it so it’ll be interesting to see if it comes back.
Also noticed the ball would get caught on the metal protector when the ball drains occasionally. Anyone notice this?
All in all, amazing game, so glad I got one.

103827D4-2260-4212-A18A-568276E71058 (resized).jpeg103827D4-2260-4212-A18A-568276E71058 (resized).jpeg
#1979 5 years ago
Quoted from monte_:

I'm waiting on my MBrLE too

Purchased through PPS

I was told last week that my machine should ship with a batch that's being shipped tomorrow. I haven't received the shipping email though.

#1980 5 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

I'm waiting on my MBrLE too
Purchased through PPS
I was told last week that my machine should ship with a batch that's being shipped tomorrow. I haven't received the shipping email though.

Who is PPS and where are they located?

#1981 5 years ago

I am waiting on my #157 match still. It still needs to be built is my understanding FYI.

#1982 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

So February, you say? That estimate is way beyond the “possibly by the end of year” we heard when we ordered it in October. At this rate, if I get it by my birthday in March, I guess I should feel lucky? We are in for a rocky February if that is the case.

Same here at least February is a short month. On another note, did anyone have to pay out of state taxes on their game? I've been reading about this lately on Pinside and other places that the law is in effect now.

#1983 5 years ago
Quoted from bohunr:

Who is PPS and where are they located?

Planetary Pinball

Nevada

#1984 5 years ago
Quoted from TheBigDog:

Same thing happened on my LE. I lifted the Playfield and cycled it a few times. Everything looked like it was working except the report said Frank upswitch was broken. I teested the switches and they all seemed to trigger, I put the Playfield back down and it has been working fine since. Only have about 20 plays on it so it’ll be interesting to see if it comes back.
Also noticed the ball would get caught on the metal protector when the ball drains occasionally. Anyone notice this?
All in all, amazing game, so glad I got one.[quoted image]

Regarding Frank, make sure the black arm connected to the Frank table that goes down below the playfield to the motor is not rubbing on anything.

#1985 5 years ago

There was an earlier post where someone with an SE showed the build date and it was after they had started making the LEs, so they're probably not making only LEs and that may be why it's taking so long.

#1986 5 years ago

I just love this game... still super happy with this first NIB for me! I've been playing about 10 games nearly every day for the past two weeks. There are ZERO issues that affect play! It's a keeper for sure.

#1987 5 years ago

On December 26th my distributor requested final payment for my matching LE (in the mid 500's). At the time he said the game was being shipped within the next couple weeks. I haven't heard anything yet so I doubt it ships on time, but only time will tell....CGC makes a great product, but they are rarely on schedule...

#1988 5 years ago

I take it that no one has had to pay for out of state taxes for their remake.

#1989 5 years ago
Quoted from jbug:

I take it that no one has had to pay for out of state taxes for their remake.

No taxes paid

#1990 5 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

On December 26th my distributor requested final payment for my matching LE (in the mid 500's). At the time he said the game was being shipped within the next couple weeks. I haven't heard anything yet so I doubt it ships on time, but only time will tell....CGC makes a great product, but they are rarely on schedule...

Similar story for me except my PIF date was 11/26 and have a higher matching number.

#1991 5 years ago
Quoted from Macdaddy1974:

My matching number game shipped today

total noob question but what does that mean?

#1992 5 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I was asked to pay in full on Nov 14th. PIF the next day. I have a matching LE # in the 400's.

#1993 5 years ago
Quoted from Captain-Flint:

total noob question but what does that mean?

It's for people that have multiple LE machines and they get all their machines with matching numbers.

#1994 5 years ago
Quoted from Wildcat_33:

Similar story for me except my PIF date was 11/26 and have a higher matching number.

Thats very frustrating that distributors would request full payment so early...in my opinion its total BS. Mine was reasonable assuming the game ships soon.

#1995 5 years ago

This will be my first LE and 2nd NIB.

#1996 5 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

I was asked to pay in full on Nov 14th. PIF the next day. I have a matching LE # in the 400's.

Have u received the game? I think I'm number 569, and I was told my game would ship no later than this week

#1997 5 years ago

RTL carriers is delivering my MBR LE #456 this afternoon. It was shipped from the Game Room Guys in Michigan to me in Oregon just before year's end. Finally, just a few more hours to wait. I will update after it is unboxed.
Hooray!

#1998 5 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Have u received the game? I think I'm number 569, and I was told my game would ship no later than this week

No...

It's supposed to ship tomorrow, (but I doubt it).

#1999 5 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

No...
It's supposed to ship tomorrow, (but I doubt ir).

Hope so....

#2000 5 years ago

I think my game is here in Denver somewhere! Waiting to hear back from Game Exchange to see if they have it and when they can deliver it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 12.95
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Asheville, NC
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 33.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

Machine - For Sale
Shepherdsville, KY
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 9,332 posts in this topic. You are on page 40 of 187.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monster-bash-remake-mbr-owners-club/page/40?hl=skatervet and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.