(Topic ID: 222461)

Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)

By MrSanRamon

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 9,324 posts
  • 731 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 38 hours ago by KidDynamite
  • Topic is favorited by 277 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)”

• I'm in on a CE 77 votes
    9%
  • I'm in on a SE 172 votes
    21%
  • I'm in on a LE 396 votes
    48%
  • I'm out for now 182 votes
    22%

(827 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

wire switch 2 (resized).jpg
R orbit switch (resized).jpg
IMG_4951 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4943 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0464 (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
IMG_3190 (resized).jpeg
Wolfman (resized).jpg
IMG_2467 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4014 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231111_165525077 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20231112-165133 (resized).png
20231110_123120 (resized).jpg
20231105_122730 (resized).jpg
94B393B7-CB09-4AFB-A166-CF0EC7F7F9A0 (resized).jpeg
3D150F78-A1C1-4B31-A9FA-00031163D7C1 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 9,324 posts in this topic. You are on page 39 of 187.
#1901 5 years ago
Quoted from WizWiggy:

I'm assuming 4 keys total, 2 coin door and 2 backbox like a new Stern? Thanks.

No - I got three total. Two coin door and a single backbox hanging on the inside coin door hook.

#1902 5 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

No - I got three total. Two coin door and a single backbox hanging on the inside coin door hook.

Same here

#1903 5 years ago
Quoted from WizWiggy:

I'm assuming 4 keys total, 2 coin door and 2 backbox like a new Stern

Robert

#1904 5 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

Yes. I like my games cranked up. It's probably why I was one of only a couple of guys to complain about the sound.

wow I'm impressed....I have my AFMRLE set at 5 and it seems loud

#1905 5 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

I got three as well. 1 coin door key with fob, and 2 on a keyring I assumed both were backbox. I only opened the backbox once, so I'll check both keys on that ring. Thanks again!

#1906 5 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

Yes. I like my games cranked up. It's probably why I was one of only a couple of guys to complain about the sound.

After the update, I have my MBr set at 1...and I'm mostly deaf.

Robert

#1907 5 years ago

Help me out...I'm on the list for MBRLE but have come across a STLE with a few hundred plays. Which will hold the most interest over time? I know, we are all different, but I'm curious what you guys think if you have a lot of experience on both.

#1908 5 years ago

I thought ST rules felt lame fairly quick.

#1909 5 years ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

I must be the one that's deaf. I doubt I could hear it at 1. I also crank movies up as well. If the house isn't shaking, its not loud enough.

#1910 5 years ago
Quoted from dts:

Help me out...I'm on the list for MBRLE but have come across a STLE with a few hundred plays. Which will hold the most interest over time? I know, we are all different, but I'm curious what you guys think if you have a lot of experience on both.

I own both. Completely different games. ST is a great Steve Ritchie flow game. MB is a pinnacle of pinball title. They compliment each other.

#1911 5 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

I own both. Completely different games. ST is a great Steve Ritchie flow game. MB is a pinnacle of pinball title. They compliment each other.

That's helpful, thanks! Maybe I'll get both.

#1912 5 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

I have Star Trek LE, and waiting for my MBr LE. Star Trek gets the most play by far in my small collection. Friends, family, guests initially play all my pins...then gravitate back to Star Trek. That pin is bolted to my floor. Also, aesthetically it's a beautiful game. Chaser lights on the side, illuminated speakers, lights on both sides of back box, laser beam for playfield.
Doubt you will ever see this much attention go into a Stern game going forward.
Plus, it's a Steve Ritchie game with great flow.
Remember, this is just my opinion. I'm still waiting for my MBr LE...so I cannot compare the two pins.

#1913 5 years ago

I don't like the ST pin at all. I loved MB every time I played it. If you'd said STTNG, then...it might have been tough.

#1914 5 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

But Kevin O'Connor worked on both. Not that anyone cares. For some reason I have a bunch of game that Kevin O'Connor worked on.

#1915 5 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

I just upgraded mine and its night and day louder. Since I had mine turned all the way up before, after the update and I rebooted, the sound was so loud it nearly scared me out of my skin. Which is cool, because it kept my settings. I now have it turned down to 17 and its in line with my AFMR. I can even hear the switch creak when Dr. Frankenstein turns it. Didn't notice that before.

You said it didn't lose your settings but did it lose all your scores?

#1916 5 years ago
Quoted from tomtest:

I believe that my scores remained.

Robert

#1917 5 years ago
Quoted from tomtest:

It kept my scores as well.

#1918 5 years ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

Robert

That’s what I have mine set at also after that update.

#1919 5 years ago
Quoted from dts:

Get both. I have had my ST for a while. I may not play it for a week or two but then when I do I remember how good it is. Multiball with the shaker is great. I just got the MBr SE. Always wanted MB but too much money. Glad I got the new pin. Different enough for me than ST. Lots of fun. I put shaker in MBr also. Will keep both.

#1920 5 years ago
Quoted from tomtest:

Go ahead and get that update installed. My initials are going to be installed no matter what you do to avoid the inevitable.

#1921 5 years ago
Quoted from dts:

That's helpful, thanks! Maybe I'll get both.

EXACTLY!! +1

#1922 5 years ago

Star Trek is an amazing pin, way underrated in my opinion. However, upgrading the sound files to the real movie soundtrack is an absolute most, totally transforms the game. The rule set is relatively straightforward, but extremely rewarding and exciting game play. Although no one in my family calls ST their favorite (LOTR and AFM get the votes), however, ST overwhelmingly gets the most plays.

G

#1923 5 years ago

Could someone post a picture or scan of the stock MBr instruction card...mine came with out one?

Robert

CB25A5EE-76F8-4796-9BFF-B5C7DEE74AE8 (resized).jpegCB25A5EE-76F8-4796-9BFF-B5C7DEE74AE8 (resized).jpeg
#1924 5 years ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

Could someone post a picture

https://www.chicago-gaming.com/ Please open a ticket under Support on the Help Desk so CGC can send you one.

LTG : )

DSC00716 (resized).JPGDSC00716 (resized).JPG
#1925 5 years ago

I think it’s pretty cool you can load custom logos on the game. Didn’t realize I could do it to my afm se also.

55196B55-164C-43F9-87FA-136145DFBA71 (resized).jpeg55196B55-164C-43F9-87FA-136145DFBA71 (resized).jpeg
#1926 5 years ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

Robert

I set mine at 7, same as my AFMr SE. I like it loud and I have it hooked to an external sub, sounds great. I wish Cgc could remaster the audio for MMr, which always sounded flat and a bit tinny, even with the Pyle upgraded speakers.

#1927 5 years ago

I wish MB had a 2nd skill shot like MM where you could hold the flipper button shoot the ball around and make a shot.

#1928 5 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

I wish MB had a 2nd skill shot like MM where you could hold the flipper button shoot the ball around and make a shot.

When I play MB on PA on my iPad, I have a tendancy to hold the left flipper up when I launch the ball. I know it does nothing, but really wished the AFM rule could be in MB as well... I would shoot the f*cking bride shot every time. I know the criss cross bride dance is fun, but jeeesus...12 shots to get the microphone?!? How about just 6? I would MOR about 5 times at least on my first ball...

Ok, so maybe leave that rule out

#1929 5 years ago

With the new version V1.0.2, the sound is more than just amplified, it is definitely equalized/transformed. Audio is much clearer, I can hear the sub now and it has a much better high end!

Great fix!

I had it set to 9.... it is now set to 3, I could probably go as high as 5... anything above that would begin to drown out the mechanical noise of the game (which is fine but probably too high for my environment). The audio is really really strong, If I were in a game room with a bunch of pins, cranking it would make sense. I've got two machines and a pretty low-key environment... 3 is just fine.

#1930 5 years ago

Is there a headphone jack compatible with this game?

#1931 5 years ago

I’m pretty happy with this custom logo...

076455CB-C4AB-4FB2-9E8C-EAA55EBAE986 (resized).jpeg076455CB-C4AB-4FB2-9E8C-EAA55EBAE986 (resized).jpeg13EEC330-FAEF-44A8-AB4E-81E6BBFD0703 (resized).jpeg13EEC330-FAEF-44A8-AB4E-81E6BBFD0703 (resized).jpeg
#1932 5 years ago

One more thing ... don’t skip or procrastinate the V1.0.2 upgrade for the sound fix!!! The machine really comes alive with the fix... I’m hearing all kinds of stuff that was not audible or clear before. Spend the 15-20 minutes to upgrade your machine!

#1933 5 years ago
Quoted from WizWiggy:

One quick question, I recieved one coin door key with a fob. Did you guys just get one coin door key as well? Thanks.

Interesting update to my original post. My first key count was 1 coin door key with fob and 2 backbox keys. My friend today found the second coin door key in the return slot while searching for free quarters! Obviously, very happy a friend found it.

#1934 5 years ago
Quoted from WizWiggy:

Interesting update to my original post. My first key count was 1 coin door key with fob and 2 backbox keys. My friend today found the second coin door key in the return slot while searching for free quarters! Obviously, very happy a friend found it.

Haha! I was just about to post for everyone to look there if they only found 3 keys.

#1935 5 years ago

By the way, I'm not affiliated with either of these, but I do happen to use exclusively PDI glass (or JJP invisiglass for the JJP games), and the Pinstadium lights on all my games. I do find that this combination does amazing things eliminating glare, improving visibility, and providing a beautiful mesmerizing experience (I love playing in a dark room).

What I really wanted to say though was that I was a bit hesitant about the Pinstadium on MBrLE at first particularly because of the RGB lighting effects (didnt want it to clash or take away from the beautiful built-in RGB lighting), but when I put it in I must say it is really the perfect compliment to it - particularly it does not interfere with the MBrLE RGB effects at all, turns off in sync with the GI, but totally over the top-- the "UV" flashers when attached to the Frankenstein flashers are absolutely brilliant and make the whole play field seem to "spark" with the built in electricity effects. I wanted to mention this for anyone who was on the fence on this one for the RGB aspect.

#1936 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

What I did on my original MB years ago. Loosened the assembly as much as I could below the playfield and turned it and retightened it. Eventually I removed the assembly, elongated the holes in the bracket, and turned it a little more.
My MBR, this hasn't been necessary. So I'd play with making the coil stronger or weaker before anything drastic. Some games may need a little tweaking, some don't.
LTG : )

So I'm getting a lot of scoop -> SDTM ejects too, and I think I have noticed this may be affected by the coil temp? Is this a thing?
For example, on default strength when the machine is just turned on, the ball heads to the tip of the left flipper. As the scoop is used more, the tendency is to migrate down the middle more and more.
Turning it up a notch seems to solve the problem a bit, until it starts happening again. another notch to max and it works a little bit longer, then down the middle again. I then tried low.. it gently pops the ball out and it now rolls to the right flipper. not what i really want but hey it works. end of the night i turn it off, and the next day first thing turning it on, it is a little stronger and shoots it a little harder on low - you guessed it - SDTM. So, back to default. Works great for a bit, then more and more SDTM. ARGH!!!!

#1937 5 years ago

And that drain protector... That little bit that is cut out on the edge so the ball can go down easier..
Nope. the inside lip there sticks up just enough to catch the ball and keep it from draining. takes some good shaking sometimes to get it to go down. I've pushed it down a few times.. it always comes back up after a couple games.
Is there a trick to keeping that down inside the hole?

#1938 5 years ago

While I'm at it - Any thoughts on this ball trap? 3 times now.. wedged between the wall and the rail above.

IMG_4160 (resized).jpgIMG_4160 (resized).jpg
#1939 5 years ago
Quoted from elf70:

And that drain protector... That little bit that is cut out on the edge so the ball can go down easier..
Nope. the inside lip there sticks up just enough to catch the ball and keep it from draining. takes some good shaking sometimes to get it to go down. I've pushed it down a few times.. it always comes back up after a couple games.
Is there a trick to keeping that down inside the hole?

I removed the apron (2 screws) and you will find that drain protector held in with 3 screws.
i removed the protector and bent that cut out area down a bit , took fine sandpaper to remove a bit of burr
and replaced. easy 10 -15 min fix

#1940 5 years ago
Quoted from elf70:

While I'm at it - Any thoughts on this ball trap? 3 times now.. wedged between the wall and the rail above.
[quoted image]

that should obviously not be happening. the ramp isn't quite high up enough - I would add another washer under the nut, or put in a slightly higher post. Man that sucks!

#1941 5 years ago

Deleted I figured it out

#1942 5 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Deleted I figured it out

Please share what your fix was and thanks.

#1943 5 years ago

i just bought a mbr classic. its all good, except for two things. first, there is a light in the mummy inlane above the poppers which does not work. i hope to have CGC help me with this via replacement.

also, there is a problem with the ball guide on the way up the left bride ramp. i have some pics. it looks like someone tweaked the metal ball guide just behind the post at the very beginning of the ramp. there is a scratch on the metal. the ball guide actually leans to the left, visibly. the result is that the ball hits the post very hard and deflects to the right dramatically more than it should.

does anyone have any input on this?

thanks to all pinsiders!

20190106_192452 (resized).jpg20190106_192452 (resized).jpg20190106_192500 (resized).jpg20190106_192500 (resized).jpg20190106_192508 (resized).jpg20190106_192508 (resized).jpg20190106_192527 (resized).jpg20190106_192527 (resized).jpg
#1944 5 years ago
Quoted from jbug:

Please share what your fix was and thanks.

It was kind of dumb, I was trying to update the new sound patch and the SD card wouldn’t go into the slot.. Turns out I had the SD card backwards (see pic)

27116FFE-224A-43B0-893E-2B4FDCD1B39B (resized).jpeg27116FFE-224A-43B0-893E-2B4FDCD1B39B (resized).jpeg
#1945 5 years ago

So MBr doesn’t take a usb stick but a sd card?

#1946 5 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

So MBr doesn’t take a usb stick but a sd card?

Yes, microSD

#1947 5 years ago

Went to Chicago Gaming Monster Bash page and clicked on the software update info there.
Went to Walmart and bought a 32gig Micro SD card (with adapter) for $10.
Took me over 75 minutes of various (slow) downloading to finally finish.
I do have a fast internet...but running Windows XP maybe slowed the process.
Also couldn't unzip the first file until I downloaded some other program.

Took me a minute to find where the SD card went -lol

When finished, had to turn down volume to 3 - and only had a chance to play a few games
to see if I noticed a difference - first impression was it seemed more sharp ... more bass too -
but it could be just subjective or a placebo effect?

I wish you could just plug in an ethernet or USP cord from the game to your PC and download direct

#1948 5 years ago

Or better yet, pinball machines should really have built in WiFi or Bluetooth at this point. Many of the PCs being used have it and are disabled.

Internet access would open up several possibilities in addition to easy code updates. Regional / National / Global leaderboards comes to mind. Virtual tournaments, etc.

#1949 5 years ago
Quoted from andrewket:

Or better yet, pinball machines should really have built in WiFi or Bluetooth at this point. Many of the PCs being used have it and are disabled.
Internet access would open up several possibilities in addition to easy code updates. Regional / National / Global leaderboards comes to mind. Virtual tournaments, etc.

I couldn't agree more....makes total sense

#1950 5 years ago
Quoted from andrewket:

I agree also and you can bet they're moving that way. Games like TNA are a start.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 12.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp
Decals
There are 9,324 posts in this topic. You are on page 39 of 187.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monster-bash-remake-mbr-owners-club/page/39?hl=seenev and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.