(Topic ID: 222461)

Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)

By MrSanRamon

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 9,332 posts
  • 732 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 35 hours ago by KingMixer
  • Topic is favorited by 277 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)”

• I'm in on a CE 77 votes
    9%
  • I'm in on a SE 172 votes
    21%
  • I'm in on a LE 396 votes
    48%
  • I'm out for now 182 votes
    22%

(827 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

wire switch 2 (resized).jpg
R orbit switch (resized).jpg
IMG_4951 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4943 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0464 (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
IMG_3190 (resized).jpeg
Wolfman (resized).jpg
IMG_2467 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4014 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231111_165525077 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20231112-165133 (resized).png
20231110_123120 (resized).jpg
20231105_122730 (resized).jpg
94B393B7-CB09-4AFB-A166-CF0EC7F7F9A0 (resized).jpeg
3D150F78-A1C1-4B31-A9FA-00031163D7C1 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 9,332 posts in this topic. You are on page 38 of 187.
#1851 5 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

I bent the right rail out just a snug and it’s much less frequent now. When it hits his feet, it’s often going to the left flipper, so, while it might not be exactly as Gomez designed, it’s not draining here.
Would be good to hear from original owners if this happened. I can’t see how it wouldn’t. A straight shot down should avoid Frank, but if it’s bouncing off the rail, there’s no way that I can to completely avoid it.

For what it's worth, my original MB also does this - I have gotten to be a master nudger when the ball circles the right side. it never seems to hug the ball guide the way it seems to be intended. But fear not! I just put up a 500M game today. Personal record baby!

#1852 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

For what it's worth, my original MB also does this - I have gotten to be a master nudger when the ball circles the right side. it never seems to hug the ball guide the way it seems to be intended. But fear not! I just put up a 500M game today. Personal record baby!

Thank you so much for that - I am learning to nudge a lot on this game. What an amazing pinball machine.

#1853 5 years ago

Happy New Year's Everybody.

I wanted to give everybody a quick update as to what is going on here at Chicago Gaming Company.

We are in production currently on the Monster Bash Limited Edition Serial Number matching games. We are working hard to get them completed to start our standard Monster Bash Limited Edition Production run. As you know we are committed to delivering the highest quality in all of our products, so we are taking a little extra time to ensure that every game is up to the quality that we demand.

We also have released a software update for all current Monster Bash games already delivered.
This update can be found here: https://www.chicago-gaming.com/coinop/monster-bash/update

This version includes the following enhancements and bug fixes:

1) Reprocessed audio to increase volume.
2) Fixed bug where custom logo would revert to default over a power cycle.

I want to thank everybody for all the support and wish everybody a Happy New Year

#1854 5 years ago
Quoted from CGC-Ryan:

I wanted to give everybody a quick update as to what is going on here at Chicago Gaming Company.
We are in production currently on the Monster Bash Limited Edition Serial Number matching games. We are working hard to get them completed to start our standard Monster Bash Limited Edition Production run. As you know we are committed to delivering the highest quality in all of our products, so we are taking a little extra time to ensure that every game is up to the quality that we demand.
We also have released a software update for all current Monster Bash games already delivered.
This update can be found here: https://www.chicago-gaming.com/coinop/monster-bash/update
I want to thank everybody for all the support and wish everybody a Happy New Year

Any plans to enhance the shaker code in the future?

#1855 5 years ago
Quoted from CGC-Ryan:

How many of the 1250 LEs are part of the number matching program?

#1856 5 years ago
Quoted from tktlwyr:

Any plans to enhance the shaker code in the future?

CGC-Ryan I agree bit more enhance on the shaker code would be awesome. shaker motor code seems very minimum as of now. I have a SE model don’t know if the LE is different hope not?

#1857 5 years ago

Love the shaker on AFM LE hopefully it is programmed to be aggressive on MB LE!!

#1858 5 years ago
Quoted from CGC-Ryan:

Thanks for the information! When will MMr be getting the XL screen like MBr?

#1859 5 years ago

Update installed. Much louder and clearer audio. It didn’t bother me before, but it’s certainly a nice change.

#1860 5 years ago

Any idea what the color upgrade costs on the standard?

#1861 5 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

Update installed. Much louder and clearer audio. It didn’t bother me before, but it’s certainly a nice change.

I just upgraded mine and its night and day louder. Since I had mine turned all the way up before, after the update and I rebooted, the sound was so loud it nearly scared me out of my skin. Which is cool, because it kept my settings. I now have it turned down to 17 and its in line with my AFMR. I can even hear the switch creak when Dr. Frankenstein turns it. Didn't notice that before.

#1862 5 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

Any idea what the color upgrade costs on the standard?

It’s 399, I believe.

#1863 5 years ago

Now that the fix is in for the logo - does anyone have a good Williams logo image that they’re using?

#1864 5 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

How many of the 1250 LEs are part of the number matching program?

My dist told me there was 260 being made in the matching program then they would start building the rest.

#1865 5 years ago
Quoted from CGC-Ryan:

Thanks for the information I'm hoping they have flushed out all the quirks by the time I get my MBLE.

#1866 5 years ago
Quoted from CGC-Ryan:

Update installed. The sound is better, definitely more detail as others have said. I have mine turned down and still great detail. I am using the faces that I posted earlier in this thread for the little custom logo under the big DMD and it now keeps it after a power cycle. Great job keeping up CGC.

#1868 5 years ago

Thanks for sharing, that logo is black and white. If you have a colorized one that would be sweet too.

#1869 5 years ago
Quoted from hawknole:

Thanks for sharing, that logo is black and white. If you have a colorized one that would be sweet too.

Yeah bad description on my part. It’s a ‘256 bit color’ bitmap ... but it’s a black and white image

#1870 5 years ago

I downloaded the update, but am having trouble getting it installed. What is your micro SD card supposed to be formatted to? FAT, FAT32 etc

#1871 5 years ago
Quoted from Higloss67:

I downloaded the update, but am having trouble getting it installed. What is your micro SD card supposed to be formatted to? FAT, FAT32 etc

You need to use disk imager ... the format of the card is irrelevant... disk imager does a byte for byte copy.

#1872 5 years ago

Thanks. I am using disk imager, and when I plug the card into the controller it just boots normally. It doesn't recognize that there is a card plugged in. I can see all the files on the sd card. I plugged the card in so that the contacts are facing the back of the cabinet.

#1873 5 years ago
Quoted from Higloss67:

CGC provides instructions here. You'll need to follow them exactly. The disk imager will create a bootable partition and the image file will place the files needed for the upgrade there.
https://www.chicago-gaming.com/coinop/monster-bash/update

#1874 5 years ago
Quoted from Higloss67:

Thanks. I am using disk imager, and when I plug the card into the controller it just boots normally. It doesn't recognize that there is a card plugged in. I can see all the files on the sd card. I plugged the card in so that the contacts are facing the back of the cabinet.

I think contacts should face the front, I could only insert one way.

#1875 5 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

Yeah bad description on my part. It’s a ‘256 bit color’ bitmap ... but it’s a black and white image

Gotcha, thanks.

#1876 5 years ago
Quoted from hawknole:

I think contacts should face the front, I could only insert one way.

That is correct.

#1877 5 years ago

This is where I'll put all of the logos that I make:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1THp-UwMFn_A4XMPIahoYMrmyGP8mlwNr

#1878 5 years ago
Quoted from GreenMarine:

Hmmm, I got extra flipper rubbers but no key fob. Would rather have the fob.

I got a Fob with my game...but no game instruction card...the one that goes on the LHS of the apron. That spot was empty on my game.

Not complaining, but this is what happen when your game is one of the first out of the factory.

As of today...89 plays total; its a fun game!

Robert

Fob (resized).jpgFob (resized).jpg

#1879 5 years ago

Does anyone have the Monster Bash bmp? particularly the monsters?

#1880 5 years ago
Quoted from Flynnyfalcon:

Does anyone have the Monster Bash bmp? particularly the monsters?

Please check this link... I've made several different logos...

320x80 is pretty limiting in terms of what you can do

#1881 5 years ago
Quoted from LoganJK:

Wife and I are having a pinball themed baby shower on Jan 20th. My distributor said I was getting one of the first non matching LE's off the line and it will arrive in time for the party even if he has to pay for expedited shipping himself.

Edit, he said he should have a more detailed update for me on Monday.

Any new on when for you? Hope you have a great party.

#1883 5 years ago

How do you insert this logo into the game?

#1884 5 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

How do you insert this logo into the game?

Starts on page 1-11 in the manual.

LTG : )

#1885 5 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

Thank you!

#1886 5 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

I just upgraded mine and its night and day louder. Since I had mine turned all the way up before, after the update and I rebooted, the sound was so loud it nearly scared me out of my skin. Which is cool, because it kept my settings. I now have it turned down to 17 and its in line with my AFMR. I can even hear the switch creak when Dr. Frankenstein turns it. Didn't notice that before.

Are you really running your sound at 17? I have installed the update and the volume at 3 is in line with my AFMr. Interesting to hear what others are playing their volume at with the update.

#1887 5 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

These are great...thanks for sharing

#1888 5 years ago

Matching MBrLE and AFMrLE #240 are now together @ The Flipper Room. Only a short drive from @MrSanRamon too! So far, playing great and looking great.

20190103_201251 (resized).jpg20190103_201251 (resized).jpg20190103_201433 (resized).jpg20190103_201433 (resized).jpg
#1889 5 years ago
Quoted from jetmechinnc:

Now a proud owner of a MBr Classic! Love it. Plays perfect with no adjustments needed! Set the level to mid way in the bubble bars, leveled side to side. Fun great game. Can’t wait for mirror blades to come out and the chip to make the display full color. I traded my Iron Man for this pin, (loved that fast game) but the smile on my wife’s was what I needed to see to solidify my choice.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I hope to get that Ironman pin from Joey. I sold him the ACDC Luci and now your new Monster Bash CE. Congratulations!

#1890 5 years ago
Quoted from doughslingers:

I hope to get that Ironman pin from Joey

Iron Man is probably the best pin to play when you have little time. Super fast, intense, and always satisfying. I miss it, but MBr makes my wife smile every time she plays it and I don’t have to have her complain about the shaker motor rocking the house every time I played iron man. If you do get iron man from Joey, it is one of the nicest looking ones IMHO. Good luck and thanks for the MBr! It’s in a good permanent home location. Never leaving.

#1891 5 years ago
Quoted from Higloss67:

More
Are you really running your sound at 17? I have installed the update and the volume at 3 is in line with my AFMr. Interesting to hear what others are playing their volume at with the update.

Yes. I like my games cranked up. It's probably why I was one of only a couple of guys to complain about the sound.

#1892 5 years ago
Quoted from WizWiggy:

Matching MBrLE and AFMrLE #240 are now together @ The Flipper Room. Only a short drive from @MrSanRamon too! So far, playing great and looking great.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Beautiful! I hope to get an AFMr one day... I went back and forth between it and MBr... but pulled the trigger on MBr instead.

#1893 5 years ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

I got a Fob with my game...but no game instruction card...the one that goes on the LHS of the apron. That spot was empty on my game.
Not complaining, but this is what happen when your game is one of the first out of the factory.
As of today...89 plays total; its a fun game!
Robert
[quoted image]

Awww I didn't get a key fob either...... i didnt know it came with one!

now im sad.

#1894 5 years ago

Same here. No key fob...

#1895 5 years ago
Quoted from WizWiggy:

Only a short drive from @MrSanRamon too!

Was at the Flipper Room about 3 weeks ago...a nice collection of games to play, from early SS to the latest remakes. If you haven't been, you should try to make the trip.

Robert

#1896 5 years ago
Quoted from Quadrat:

Any new on when for you? Hope you have a great party.

My distributor said to check back in Monday but he still feels good about us getting the game before the 20th.

I'll post back when I get news.

#1897 5 years ago
Quoted from LoganJK:

My distributor said to check back in Monday but he still feels good about us getting the game before the 20th.
I'll post back when I get news.

Hope you get it in time. Bashing a party would be nice.

#1898 5 years ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

Awww I didn't get a key fob either...... i didnt know it came with one!
now im sad.

One quick question, I recieved one coin door key with a fob. Did you guys just get one coin door key as well? Thanks.

#1899 5 years ago

There was a second coin door key in the plastic bag that contained the manual.

#1900 5 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

There was a second coin door key in the plastic bag that contained the manual.

I'm assuming 4 keys total, 2 coin door and 2 backbox like a new Stern? Thanks.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Tulsa, OK
$ 12.95
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lafayette, LA
$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Greeley, CO
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 33.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 9,332 posts in this topic. You are on page 38 of 187.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monster-bash-remake-mbr-owners-club/page/38?hl=loganjk and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.