(Topic ID: 222461)

Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)

By MrSanRamon

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 9,330 posts
  • 732 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 27 hours ago by Dashmonster
  • Topic is favorited by 277 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)”

• I'm in on a CE 77 votes
    9%
  • I'm in on a SE 172 votes
    21%
  • I'm in on a LE 396 votes
    48%
  • I'm out for now 182 votes
    22%

(827 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

wire switch 2 (resized).jpg
R orbit switch (resized).jpg
IMG_4951 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4943 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0464 (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
IMG_3190 (resized).jpeg
Wolfman (resized).jpg
IMG_2467 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4014 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231111_165525077 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20231112-165133 (resized).png
20231110_123120 (resized).jpg
20231105_122730 (resized).jpg
94B393B7-CB09-4AFB-A166-CF0EC7F7F9A0 (resized).jpeg
3D150F78-A1C1-4B31-A9FA-00031163D7C1 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 9,330 posts in this topic. You are on page 37 of 187.
#1801 5 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I'd be frustrated as well....in theory they are building these in order, but I was told last week that they are jumping numbers in order to make shipping to distributors more efficient, which actually makes sense....

Yeah the delay is what it is. I went through the waiting period for TNA which this doesn't seem to be anywhere near as slow. But just disappointed my money got taken this early which seemed a little premature. I mean I guess I'm the first of the non-match but honestly would rather of not shorted my budget or could of bought another game knowing it would be this long and raised up the funds again before the notice came. 1st world problems , I know my heart will be mended once she arrives. This game has always been a dream for me and never thought it was realistic when I started out in this hobby.

#1802 5 years ago

I just wanna ask you all one thing. Great game and I support what CGC is doing for pinball, but are your flippers aligned correctly? Every, and I mean EVERY remake I have played on location and in a personal HUO environment, the flippers are off. Alignment, power, WTF ever, OFF! If I’m paying premium cash for a game I want the flippers to be fuckin spot on. If not I’ll fix it myself and bad on you, but c’mon do your due deligence and send a game with the frickin flippers working correctly. Rant over.

#1803 5 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

So to those of you who have MBr now...would you take that game over a JJP POTC? Is it worth it?

Monster Bash is a top five game. PotC is an impressive game, but I think when the dust settles it wont be in the top 10 or even top 20. Recent games have a way of shooting up the top 100 list only to fall back down over time. They're very different games so it depends on what you're looking for, but considering that MBrLE shipped costs less than the base model of PotC, I think it's the better choice.

#1804 5 years ago
Quoted from vwallat99:

I'm getting tired of the empty spot in my gameroom.. Anybody in the unmatched category get any word? I talked with Sara briefly and they said they would have a better idea later in the week. Anyone in the matching category still waiting on their game??

Quoted from monte_:

I have a matching le from pps on order. Still waiting. I am in 500’s. I am in no rush.

I talked with my dist on Friday and he said they are still building the matching number pins and would have a better idea later this week. I don't know where I'm at in the random MBLE pool. I sold my last pin to purchase the MBLE so I feel your pain!

#1805 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

IMO your best bet right now is to go for MBr, keep it a year or so, then sell it and buy a POTC when the code has been brought up to the level of Hobbit (which is now out of this world good, and better balanced for new players)

Maybe in one year the assembly quality and final inspection will be good at JJP too.
Right wire ramp has to be fixed, already at the hobbit the ramps have been changed. Why is not JJP learning from the past and what are the prototypes for?
I do not buy any right now because of the flaws and it has been removed too much from the game.

#1806 5 years ago
Quoted from bohunr:

I talked with my dist on Friday and he said they are still building the matching number pins and would have a better idea later this week. I don't know where I'm at in the random MBLE pool. I sold my last pin to purchase the MBLE so I feel your pain!

Yup I dropped my TNA that I waited forever for to wait forever on MBrLE lol fml

#1807 5 years ago

Got word my number matched machine ships today

#1808 5 years ago
Quoted from vwallat99:

Yup I dropped my TNA that I waited forever for to wait forever on MBrLE lol fml

Yep I’m in the same boat. I do think they took the payment too early, but I guess someone has to make interest on it. Had to pay the wire fee on both ends as well, my banker said he had never heard of that. My response to him is where else on the planet am I going to get one of these games.

#1809 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballocd:

Yep I’m in the same boat. I do think they took the payment too early, but I guess someone has to make interest on it. Had to pay the wire fee on both ends as well, my banker said he had never heard of that. My response to him is where else on the planet am I going to get one of these games.

Why wire it? There was plenty of time. I sent a check via bill pay. I would prefer to use a credit card, and have even paid part of the merchant fees to do so in the past, but I understand why the distributors don’t want to eat those costs, especially when there is plenty of time to mail a check.

#1810 5 years ago
Quoted from andrewket:

Why wire it? There was plenty of time. I sent a check via bill pay. I would prefer to use a credit card, and have even paid part of the merchant fees to do so in the past, but I understand why the distributors don’t want to eat those costs, especially when there is plenty of time to mail a check.

I guess I made a lucky choice in using Game Room guys to order my number matched LE (456). They collected $1000 upfront via my cc when I made my order last October . And now that CGC is ready to ship it, on 12/26 they collected via my cc the final balance due. Very straight forward and easy to do business with. I used them last year also when I bought my AFMR LE., also on my cc. You might want to consider them for your next pinball purchase. Hemisphere Amusements is also great to deal with. Just FYI .

#1811 5 years ago
Quoted from andrewket:

Well my thought was get payment in ASAP and get in the front of the line. I’m #4 in line on non matching LE according to PPS.

#1812 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballocd:

Awesome! I have never played the game, cannot wait for my LE to show up now even more.

You are going to love the game. I have the Williams version of the game. It is a fun game especially the reissue. it is a bit easier of a game but I really enjoy that in my collection. It has great call outs, game play, and also animations. The reissue has all leds, updated mods, and everything is brand new. You are going to enjoy it. Good luck with the game.

#1813 5 years ago

Question :

For a family of average players and kids what are your thought in regards to longevity with MB.

It is crazy that I have spent no real time playing this pin in the past. It will be like a brand new game to me.

Thx Frankmac

#1814 5 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

For a family of average players and kids what are your thought in regards to longevity with MB

My wife is a casual player. She instantly loved this game when I brought it home this weekend. It’s hard enough to make the wizard modes for serious players but easy enough to make multiball, fun call outs, and great use of toys. It’s a keeper in any collection. Seems like so many pins from the 80’s and 90’s were just fun. That made arcades money. Some of the new pins seem so focused on skilled players, they just are more frustrating for casual players and go unplayed in HUO settings.

Chicago gaming did a great job on bringing back the fun. And if anyone knows the classic universal Studios monsters, they will live this pin

#1815 5 years ago
Quoted from jetmechinnc:

My wife is a casual player. She instantly loved this game when I brought it home this weekend. It’s hard enough to make the wizard modes for serious players but easy enough to make multiball, fun call outs, and great use of toys. It’s a keeper in any collection. Seems like so many pins from the 80’s and 90’s were just fun. That made arcades money. Some of the new pins seem so focused on skilled players, they just are more frustrating for casual players and go unplayed in HUO settings.
Chicago gaming did a great job on bringing back the fun. And if anyone knows the classic universal Studios monsters, they will live this pin

totally agree with all your comments.

#1816 5 years ago

Thanks guys.

I have put games in on Monster Bash but with lots of background noise at the shows. Also the reflection from the lighting was terrible not to mention having 3+ or more people standing right behind you waiting to play.

I am in on a LE and i am very excited.

#1817 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballocd:

Well my thought was get payment in ASAP and get in the front of the line. I’m #4 in line on non matching LE according to PPS.

I paid my down payment to secure mine and then paid the balance hoping for the same thing. Wishful thinking on my part I guess I was hoping for a Christmas Present

#1818 5 years ago

Hello I'm new to pinball hobby just got my first new pinball machine a MBRse after set up and playing roughly 40 games the ball gets stuck on the ramp next to franks bride this happend about 5 times basically 1 time every 10 games I played (pitch is set up at 6 1/2 degree) Do I have to adjust something

20181230_205014 (resized).jpg20181230_205014 (resized).jpg20181230_205007 (resized).jpg20181230_205007 (resized).jpg

#1819 5 years ago
Quoted from Blackzarak:

Hello I'm new to pinball hobby just got my first new pinball machine a MBRse after set up and playing roughly 40 games the ball gets stuck on the ramp next to franks bride this happend about 5 times basically 1 time every 10 games I played (pitch is set up at 6 1/2 degree) Do I have to adjust something
[quoted image][quoted image]

Look at the last picture and follow the path forward from the ball. There is a screw holding down the wire ramp. I would loosen that screw and try to pull the wire ramp slightly south. You most likely have to loosen the screws that attach the front of the wire ramp as well but when you do, it will get the ball away from the metal wall where it is hanging up.

#1820 5 years ago
Quoted from Blackzarak:

[quoted image][quoted image]

I’m gonna ask a silly question...

Is your machine level left to right? You can get that “perfect pitch” bubble aligned properly and still be off left to right.

#1821 5 years ago

... yeah one more thing, on my machine ... the perfect pitch leveler... was installed backwards.

#1822 5 years ago

Matching LE #876 delivered today from Mike @ Automated Services. ABF missed their original Friday delivery estimate but the box arrived in great condition so no complaints. Will post some pics later tonight after we have it set up. The Holy Trinity of Pinball MMr, AFMr & MBr is complete!

9B803B8D-E947-4A31-98C7-AF9395B55270 (resized).jpeg9B803B8D-E947-4A31-98C7-AF9395B55270 (resized).jpeg
#1823 5 years ago
Quoted from Scoot:

Look at the last picture and follow the path forward from the ball. There is a screw holding down the wire ramp. I would loosen that screw and try to pull the wire ramp slightly south. You most likely have to loosen the screws that attach the front of the wire ramp as well but when you do, it will get the ball away from the metal wall where it is hanging up.

I just adjusted the ramp the most I can will see it if works.. thanks for the help.

I got one more question when is the shaker motor supposed to interact with the play field mine only activates when Frank's multi ball and when I bash Frank or when mummy's coffin opens it doesnt seem to really interact I was wondering if the LE are the same

20181231_151439 (resized).jpg20181231_151439 (resized).jpg
#1824 5 years ago
Quoted from Blackzarak:

I just adjusted the ramp the most I can will see it if works.. thanks for the help.
I got one more question when is the shaker motor supposed to interact with the play field mine only activates when Frank's multi ball and when I bash Frank or when mummy's coffin opens it doesnt seem to really interact I was wondering if the LE are the same [quoted image]

Shaker isn’t very active in my SE.

My ball gets stuck a little lower on the ramp. I need to increase pitch to 7.

BEA77AD2-DC21-49B1-89A1-4DA7C9A1A681 (resized).jpegBEA77AD2-DC21-49B1-89A1-4DA7C9A1A681 (resized).jpeg
#1825 5 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

My ball gets stuck a little lower on the ramp. I need to increase pitch to 7.

Mine never gets stuck and I have my pitch set to 7.2.

I do get some frustrating SDTM drains coming out of the right orbit. Not a lot, but enough to piss me off, as there's no way I can save the ball. Anyone else seeing this? Sort of reminds me of TWDs right side orbit, but a little less severe.

#1826 5 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

I do get some frustrating SDTM drains coming out of the right orbit. Not a lot, but enough to piss me off, as there's no way I can save the ball. Anyone else seeing this? Sort of reminds me of TWDs right side orbit, but a little less severe.

Is it hitting Dracula’s feet and bouncing to the middle? How’s the ball draining from the right orbit?

#1827 5 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

Is it hitting Dracula’s feet and bouncing to the middle? How’s the ball draining from the right orbit?

I don't think so. It's just smooth sailing down. I'd say it happens every 2 out of 10 times.

#1828 5 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

I don't think so. It's just smooth sailing down. I'd say it happens every 2 out of 10 times.

Interesting. My issue is that sometime the ball hits Dracula’s feet. Luckily, it doesn’t drain, but it’s not how it’s supoosed to be. Haven’t figured out how to resolve it properly yet.

#1829 5 years ago

That wireform looks incorrectly up against the wall or not lined up properly...see how the left side of the ball looks like it is on the side of the rail rather than on top of it? It looks like it is getting caught up on it because the left rail pushes it into the wall.

#1830 5 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

That wireform looks incorrectly up against the wall or not lined up properly...see how the left side of the ball looks like it is on the side of the rail rather than on top of it? It looks like it is getting caught up on it because the left rail pushes it into the wall.

He's right...unless the picture is messing with my eyes.

#1831 5 years ago

I agree....that wall looks to be too close to the wire-form.

#1832 5 years ago

Either the wireform is mis-shaped, or the SS wall is malformed or else installed incorrectly. The wireform is hooked into the table sirface, so if the ends are positioned correctly, those three things could be the culprit. Things like these can be tricky to get flowing correctly, the skillshot on my Pinbot ramp has never been repeatable for similar issues. I left it alone because it has prevented the spiral ramp from getting the enevitable broken top corner. The first thing to try is loosening everything, moving the ball to that position and look to see if there is a pinch point. I have wrapped a few layers of duct tape around an old ball and put it in the pinch point and tightened down all the mounts, then removed the tape covered ball and try it again. That can clear up a clearance problem pretty quickly.

#1833 5 years ago

Plays well out of the box, the light show is amazing, very pleased with it. Here are some pics.

0C4F7393-97CA-49D6-B15E-020418CC971F (resized).jpeg0C4F7393-97CA-49D6-B15E-020418CC971F (resized).jpeg1427C0C9-58B3-47A6-B05A-2693551BDF88 (resized).jpeg1427C0C9-58B3-47A6-B05A-2693551BDF88 (resized).jpeg70D8BD42-1847-4033-8BED-D71184E73666 (resized).jpeg70D8BD42-1847-4033-8BED-D71184E73666 (resized).jpeg99BC42E5-FDBF-4738-BE73-C112EAE89D29 (resized).jpeg99BC42E5-FDBF-4738-BE73-C112EAE89D29 (resized).jpegD47FCEAA-5E26-40FC-B58B-806A3454135E (resized).jpegD47FCEAA-5E26-40FC-B58B-806A3454135E (resized).jpeg
#1834 5 years ago
Quoted from jarch:

Plays well out of the box, the light show is amazing, very pleased with it. Here are some pics.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

CGC Trifecta w/two mystery doors separating them!

#1835 5 years ago
Quoted from jarch:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Wow! Looks great!

#1836 5 years ago
Quoted from arcadem:

I guess I made a lucky choice in using Game Room guys to order my number matched LE (456). They collected $1000 upfront via my cc when I made my order last October . And now that CGC is ready to ship it, on 12/26 they collected via my cc the final balance due. Very straight forward and easy to do business with. I used them last year also when I bought my AFMR LE., also on my cc. You might want to consider them for your next pinball purchase. Hemisphere Amusements is also great to deal with. Just FYI .

I bought my AFMR and a few others from them.

#1837 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballocd:

I mailed a check in with just normal shipping. I'm 9th in line with PPS so wiring it out got you 5 spots ahead of me.

#1838 5 years ago
Quoted from vwallat99:

I mailed a check in with just normal shipping. I'm 9th in line with PPS so wiring it out got you 5 spots ahead of me.

So 35 bucks and 5 positions, not too bad lol.

#1839 5 years ago

8300 whats another 35 lol yeah with this wait I would probably be okay with that as well. You'll probably beat me by a few days.

#1840 5 years ago

Got to play MBRLE tonight and wow, it is fantastic! Best remake of all!

#1841 5 years ago
Quoted from Blackzarak:

levels right to left I suspect and maybe a smidge higher at the back. My original did the same thing!

#1842 5 years ago

after playing for a few weeks, I've noticed a couple things that I think one should check and look at.
The metal edges of some ramps have not been de-burred as well as they could be.
There are definite areas of sharp points that will ding up your balls. I've already replaced all of mine
and used very fine sandpaper (1000-2500 grit) to run along the edges of these metal burrs.
the starting edge of the ramp in the shoot out lane, the trough edges of where the ball drains
and also inside the trough -where it captures your balls. The ramp under frank to the exit to the habitrail.
the ramp on the right to the right flipper return also. If you feel with your finger, you will see what I mean.
YMMV

IMG_1561 (resized).JPGIMG_1561 (resized).JPGIMG_1564 (resized).JPGIMG_1564 (resized).JPGIMG_1565 (resized).JPGIMG_1565 (resized).JPGIMG_1566 (resized).JPGIMG_1566 (resized).JPGIMG_1568 (resized).JPGIMG_1568 (resized).JPG
#1843 5 years ago
Quoted from fanuminski:

after playing for a few weeks, I've noticed a couple things that I think one should check and look at.
The metal edges of some ramps have not been de-burred as well as they could be.
There are definite areas of sharp points that will ding up your balls. I've already replaced all of mine
and used very fine sandpaper (1000-2500 grit) to run along the edges of these metal burrs.
the starting edge of the ramp in the shoot out lane, the trough edges of where the ball drains
and also inside the trough -where it captures your balls. The ramp under frank to the exit to the habitrail.
the ramp on the right to the right flipper return also. If you feel with your finger, you will see what I mean.
YMMV [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I think the edge of the scoop does the most damage to the ball. When the ball comes full speed off the flipper and hits the edge of that scoop it makes me cringe.

#1844 5 years ago

I'm kickin' around the idea of joining the remake club. Can anyone say if there have been many changes since the original MMR as far as circuits? still using a beagleboard?

#1845 5 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

Can anyone say if there have been many changes since the original MMR as far as circuits? still using a beagleboard?

Driver board in the head on AFMR and MBR. Still using the beagleboard.

LTG : )

#1846 5 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

I'm kickin' around the idea of joining the remake club. Can anyone say if there have been many changes since the original MMR as far as circuits? still using a beagleboard?

I had never considered a remake prior because of how the flippers felt. When I played a MBr at Free Play Florida, the flippers felt great so I jumped in on this remake.

I had been told that there was a fix for the flippers on AFMr but every time I play that game, the flippers feel like crap. Maybe the ones I have played didn’t have the fix, but I doubt it.

#1847 5 years ago
Quoted from tktlwyr:

I had been told that there was a fix for the flippers on AFMr but every time I play that game, the flippers feel like crap. Maybe the ones I have played didn’t have the fix, but I doubt it.

The flipper coil strength is adjustable on MMR, AFMR, and MBR. A really nice feature.

#1848 5 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

This has been happening to me as well. Right off of Dracs feet, straight down the middle.

Ideas?

#1849 5 years ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

This has been happening to me as well. Right off of Dracs feet, straight down the middle.

Ideas?

Yah I'm wondering if mine is bouncing off of dracs feet as well.

On another issue, I lit all the monsters and some of the instruments today. I started monster bash and finished. Then I noticed that I had collected the remaining instruments. So now I had everything I needed to light MoR. However, it never lit. I kept playing with all instruments and monsters lit, hit the scoop numerous times and even started mosh pit multiball. Am I missing something here? I thought lighting all the instruments and monsters would light MoR? I even watched a video to see what MoR looks like, just in case I had started it and not realized it during monster bash. I certainly did not play that mode. Could there be a bug of some sort? The monsters did un-light at some point and I started relighting them again, with all the instruments still remaining lit. It was very unexpected.

#1850 5 years ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

Ideas?

I bent the right rail out just a snug and it’s much less frequent now. When it hits his feet, it’s often going to the left flipper, so, while it might not be exactly as Gomez designed, it’s not draining here.

Would be good to hear from original owners if this happened. I can’t see how it wouldn’t. A straight shot down should avoid Frank, but if it’s bouncing off the rail, there’s no way that I can to completely avoid it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 33.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Tulsa, OK
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lafayette, LA
$ 12.95
12,125 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
St. Paul, MN
£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

There are 9,330 posts in this topic. You are on page 37 of 187.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monster-bash-remake-mbr-owners-club/page/37?hl=scoot and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.