(Topic ID: 222461)

Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)

By MrSanRamon

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 9,329 posts
  • 732 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 16 hours ago by mbeardsley
  • Topic is favorited by 277 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)”

• I'm in on a CE 77 votes
    9%
  • I'm in on a SE 172 votes
    21%
  • I'm in on a LE 396 votes
    48%
  • I'm out for now 182 votes
    22%

(827 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

wire switch 2 (resized).jpg
R orbit switch (resized).jpg
IMG_4951 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4943 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0464 (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
IMG_3190 (resized).jpeg
Wolfman (resized).jpg
IMG_2467 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4014 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231111_165525077 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20231112-165133 (resized).png
20231110_123120 (resized).jpg
20231105_122730 (resized).jpg
94B393B7-CB09-4AFB-A166-CF0EC7F7F9A0 (resized).jpeg
3D150F78-A1C1-4B31-A9FA-00031163D7C1 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 9,329 posts in this topic. You are on page 35 of 187.
#1701 5 years ago
Quoted from mrfp:

I am having issues with both ramps, although right ramp is worse. Curious to hear what they say.

Dial back the power on your flippers.

#1702 5 years ago

I think the figurines look fine!

#1703 5 years ago

I have owned all 3 remakes and it is my opinion that MBr has the best flipper feel by far.

#1704 5 years ago

I own both AFMR and MBR and have played various originals of both, and to me, the only difference I notice is that the remakes shoot smoother and faster. Most likely due to new vs old playfield and parts. I don't think I have ever played an MMR to compare with. It was the improvements on the remakes that pulled me in. The wide screen with improved animations and the light show. The toppers were a bonus.

#1705 5 years ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

Thanks for the pics. that didn’t look like as the ones they show on their website.
That is a big disappointment for me

I hear ya, but its really such a minor thing in the grand scheme. You can always repaint them to look however you want. I may do that down the road anyway.

#1706 5 years ago
Quoted from greenhorn1:

To me, MMR plays like shit compared to the og otherwise I would have bought one. Afmr there is still some difference but it is very very close to og. I haven't played mbr yet but based on afmr I'm confident it will also play very close to the original and ordered a LE. I've owned original afm and mb in they past. Never been able to afford a MM though.

Is this a joke? I had a restored MM and a MMRLE sitting right next to each other for six months....they are EXACTLY the same game. To make a statement that the remakes play like shit is just a joke.....in reality every game plays a little different...

#1707 5 years ago
Quoted from greenhorn1:

To me, MMR plays like shit

Quoted from valgalder:

Yeah, from my experience, all the MMr i've come across play pretty horribly also.

Can you explain why you think they are so bad?

I own a MMR that I have over 1000 plays on. I also have a MM on site near me that I get to play on a regular basis. The only major difference I noticed was my stock flipper strength was WAY higher than the original. After adjusting that my remake plays almost identical to the original on site.

If there is a flipper delay on the remakes it is too small for me to notice.

I think the remakes are beautiful and can't wait for my MBLE.

#1708 5 years ago

No flipper delay. That was debunked with science by CGC in a thread earlier this year.

Edit: here’s the thread

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-remakes-dont-play-like-originals

#1709 5 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

No flipper delay. That was debunked with science by CGC in the AFMr thread earlier this year.

Good to know, thanks for the facts.

#1710 5 years ago
Quoted from LoganJK:

Can you explain why you think they are so bad?
I own a MMR that I have over 1000 plays on. I also have a MM on site near me that I get to play on a regular basis. The only major difference I noticed was my stock flipper strength was WAY higher than the original. After adjusting that my remake plays almost identical to the original on site.
If there is a flipper delay on the remakes it is too small for me to notice.
I think the remakes are beautiful and can't wait for my MBLE.

I highly doubt the guy has a logical explanation

#1712 5 years ago
Quoted from stevevt:

Dial back the power on your flippers.

That's the first thing I did. I also raised the back up as high as possible - that helped some, but still happens.

#1713 5 years ago

Wife and I are having a pinball themed baby shower on Jan 20th. My distributor said I was getting one of the first non matching LE's off the line and it will arrive in time for the party even if he has to pay for expedited shipping himself.

Edit, he said he should have a more detailed update for me on Monday.

#1714 5 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

Anyone have the ball not get recognized in the creature hole? This has happened to me several times now... I'm 99.99% sure its a physical tweak that needs to be done to the switch actuator or switch position.

It’s probably a simple physical tweak. With the power off, bend the actuator arm up so it contacts the ball a little earlier.

#1715 5 years ago
Quoted from mrfp:

I am having issues with both ramps, although right ramp is worse. Curious to hear what they say.

Right ramp needs to be adjusted EXACTLY perfect to avoid fly outs. If you unscrew it a bit, you
Will see it has some play. My original MB used to do this as well. Also the clear plastic in the very rear of the game (kind of in front of the wolf man, with the posts on it) should be positioned a little bit over the ramp to avoid fly outs. The ball has a tendency to whip around the curve, and since that long spider plastic isn’t anchored, the only thing stopping the ball is that weird shaped clear plastic.

I can’t say for sure whether you also need to dial down the flippers, but it seems like CGC should have that down exactly, if the game is suppose to play identical to an original.

#1716 5 years ago

Inquiring minds dumb question here. Is anyone adding any other protections to their MBLE right out of the box, Shooting lane, play field, etc??

#1717 5 years ago

Has no one added the Wolfman to their game? Travesty he wasn’t added by CGC

#1718 5 years ago
Quoted from bohunr:

Inquiring minds dumb question here. Is anyone adding any other protections to their MBLE right out of the box, Shooting lane, play field, etc??

I just put some mylar down over the shooter lane. Usually I put a cliffy there, but I could never get in touch with him. The mylar appears to be adequate.

Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Has no one added the Wolfman to their game? Travesty he wasn’t added by CGC

I thought this way until I got mine. I actually like the 3d plastic effect with the light full moon behind him.

#1719 5 years ago
Quoted from mrfp:

That's the first thing I did. I also raised the back up as high as possible - that helped some, but still happens.

Actually, i relooked at the coil adjustment menu/manual - except for the flipper, all the other coils have 4 settings - Min, Default, +1 and Max. I didn't realize flipper had way more adjustments. I set it to -11 and played a few games without any balls flying off. I could get a rhythm of going left to right that I couldn't get before with the ball flying off so much. Played 4 games with the lower strength and then put up a 256 million score on my 5th game, so doesn't seem to negatively impact play otherwise.

If anyone else has dialed down their flipper strength, what did you set it at?

The only other coil setting I have changed is the auto plunger strength - put it on Min.

#1720 5 years ago
Quoted from mrfp:

I think mine* is currently at -3. It was at -6 for a while, but now that the game is a bit slower making it a small bit stronger felt like the right move.

*Not mine.

#1721 5 years ago
Quoted from mrfp:

On my MMR I am happy at -3. I'll let you know in 2 weeks what I set my MBR to.

#1722 5 years ago

Shoutout to KingPinGames for helping get this game to me super fast. Game was built 12/18 and put on location today 12/28. Let’s see how it holds up!

278AB9A2-0304-4C61-BB7A-7E8507C40875 (resized).jpeg278AB9A2-0304-4C61-BB7A-7E8507C40875 (resized).jpeg
#1723 5 years ago

Idk about how different these games feel. I played AFMr and that sold me on the remake for MBr. Anytime I ever played Monster Bash it was beat to shit and played awful but the game was always still fun. Looking forward to this remake. Nuff Said!

#1724 5 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Shoutout to kingpingames for helping get this game to me super fast. Game was built 12/18 and put on location today 12/28. Let’s see how it holds up!
[quoted image]

I guess they're making SEs while making the LEs then. Going to draw it out for those of us waiting for LEs.

#1725 5 years ago
Quoted from bohunr:

3M vinyl protector installed in shooting lane

#1726 5 years ago

Here’s a pic of my CE figures and orange pop covers.
Yes I took 30 seconds and added a little green to Bride with a sharpie.

0A964E35-13D1-4209-9112-1218C5691601 (resized).jpeg0A964E35-13D1-4209-9112-1218C5691601 (resized).jpegAD64EA4E-A1AC-4A86-941B-5EDC0DBD09E0 (resized).jpegAD64EA4E-A1AC-4A86-941B-5EDC0DBD09E0 (resized).jpegFF2E402B-0C3F-4020-9642-C8B57A57C840 (resized).jpegFF2E402B-0C3F-4020-9642-C8B57A57C840 (resized).jpeg

#1727 5 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Shoutout to kingpingames for helping get this game to me super fast. Game was built 12/18 and put on location today 12/28. Let’s see how it holds up!
[quoted image]

Congrats Tommy......I'm waiting on my LE....might come as early as next week.

#1728 5 years ago
Quoted from valgalder:

Yeah, from my experience, all the MMr i've come across play pretty horribly also. I'm sure there are ones out there that are dialed in correctly to match the original, but unfortunately not the ones around here (especially Logans, ooof!) The AFMr are definitely hit or miss, but I think it's more of a setup thing. MBr that i tried at Expro played really nice (besides the one with the flippers set completely incorrectly). I don't know why so many of these Chicago Gaming pins have the flippers positioned completely wrong out of the box. I didn't think that should be something that would have to be adjusted so drastically.

What exactly is positioned correct for AFMr and mbr?

#1729 5 years ago
Quoted from valgalder:

Yeah, from my experience, all the MMr i've come across play pretty horribly also. I'm sure there are ones out there that are dialed in correctly to match the original, but unfortunately not the ones around here (especially Logans, ooof!) The AFMr are definitely hit or miss, but I think it's more of a setup thing. MBr that i tried at Expro played really nice (besides the one with the flippers set completely incorrectly). I don't know why so many of these Chicago Gaming pins have the flippers positioned completely wrong out of the box. I didn't think that should be something that would have to be adjusted so drastically.

All machines have variability. The MMs remaining out in the field around here are terrible. I've owned a few MMs, and my MMR is even better than a high end restoration I bought nearly 15 years ago. MBR is gonna be amazing.

#1730 5 years ago

I own a mmr and a afmr. I'm not the greatest player but i can feel a flipper difference between willams/bally games versus the remakes.It doesnt bother me and i love my remakes but yeah the difference is there

#1731 5 years ago

A couple LE shots. Outstanding game.

IMGP9033.jpgIMGP9033.jpgIMGP9032.jpgIMGP9032.jpgIMGP9037.jpgIMGP9037.jpg
#1732 5 years ago
Quoted from dts:

MBR is gonna be amazing.

It is definitely amazing and then some! I was lucky enough to get to play one at the Cincinnati Pinball show and gotta say that i was blown away by its beauty and gameplay both. I hope to own one someday!

#1733 5 years ago
Quoted from greenhorn1:

To me, MMR plays like shit compared to the og otherwise I would have bought one. Afmr there is still some difference but it is very very close to og. I haven't played mbr yet but based on afmr I'm confident it will also play very close to the original and ordered a LE. I've owned original afm and mb in they past. Never been able to afford a MM though.

Is there a significant difference between the pcbs used in MMR, AFMR and MBR? If its the same hardware, then if afmr can come close to the original, it would seem to me that any problems your having with MMR would be adjustment issues.

I would assume someone should be able to rig some sort of test to see how many milliseconds it takes for the flipper to react and compare it to the original.

personally, I dont care if there is some slight difference. I would but the repo over the original even if it was only 99% accurate.

#1734 5 years ago
Quoted from Mrbill:

Is there a significant difference between the pcbs used in MMR, AFMR and MBR? If its the same hardware, then if afmr can come close to the original, it would seem to me that any problems your having with MMR would be adjustment issues.
I would assume someone should be able to rig some sort of test to see how many milliseconds it takes for the flipper to react and compare it to the original.
personally, I dont care if there is some slight difference. I would but the repo over the original even if it was only 99% accurate.

This literally was shared 20 posts above this one..

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monster-bash-remake-mbr-owners-club/page/35#post-4756688

#1735 5 years ago

Maybe Lloyd could chime in on this but did CGC address the problems they were having with the brides head not functioning properly I know on my one friends game and another buddy had to take the bride completely apart because of the rod not being bent right her head would stop moving? Anybody else on here having the same issue?

#1736 5 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Maybe Lloyd could chime in on this but did CGC address the problems they were having with the brides head not functioning properly I know on my one friends game and another buddy had to take the bride completely apart because of the rod not being bent right her head would stop moving? Anybody else on here having the same issue?

I have at least 100 games on my LE and no issues with my bride head.

#1737 5 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Our CE is a month old with over 200 plays and the bride hasn't needed any attention.

#1738 5 years ago
Quoted from brucipher:

I have at least 100 games on my LE and no issues with my bride head.

Awesome news so maybe it is fixed now

#1739 5 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Over 300 plays ... this has never been an issue. I’ve only two tweaks to make... one with the Creatch switch and max power on the hole eject.

Other than that 100% perfect !

#1740 5 years ago

I’ve installed these protectors...I’ve never owned a brand new machine before ... I feel like grubby oily hands are probably the most I need to care about...

7C2E44F2-4D69-4427-A4C2-F125F994E8E2 (resized).jpeg7C2E44F2-4D69-4427-A4C2-F125F994E8E2 (resized).jpeg
#1741 5 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

I’ve installed these protectors...I’ve never owned a brand new machine before ... I feel like grubby oily hands are probably the most I need to care about...[quoted image]

I've never installed these before. Are they removable without hurting the decals? Where can I pick these up from?

#1742 5 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

I’ve installed these protectors...I’ve never owned a brand new machine before ... I feel like grubby oily hands are probably the most I need to care about...[quoted image]

That looks like a clear vinyl plastic sticker that will damage the decal if removed. I would be worried about that. Nice protection tho. Anyone have info on this?

#1743 5 years ago
Quoted from Mokthemagicman:

That looks like a clear vinyl plastic sticker that will damage the decal if removed. I would be worried about that. Nice protection tho. Anyone have info on this?

Not a sticker. They are lexan... the button holds them on.

#1744 5 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

Not a sticker. They are lexan... the button holds them in.

Where did you get these?

#1745 5 years ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

Where did you get these?

Go to pinballlife.com, they are the cheapest there. Search flipper button protector

#1746 5 years ago

The best Button Protectors are from titanpinball. Full removable

#1747 5 years ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

Where did you get these?

Got these at littleshopofgames... not the cheapest ... but I liked the size of them.

#1748 5 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

Got these at littleshopofgames... not the cheapest ... but I liked the size of them.

Awesome! Now I am interested. I might just get some of these now that I know just the button holds them on.

#1749 5 years ago

SE comes with shaker? If no, what shaker goes in it? Who sells them?

#1750 5 years ago

On MBr only the LE comes with it standard.

You can get one here
www.gameroomguys.com/Monster-Bash-Remake-Pinball-Shaker-Motor

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 33.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lafayette, LA
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Tulsa, OK
$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 12.95
There are 9,329 posts in this topic. You are on page 35 of 187.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monster-bash-remake-mbr-owners-club/page/35?hl=dts and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.