(Topic ID: 222461)

Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)

By MrSanRamon

1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 6,477 posts
  • 499 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 hours ago by Zablon
  • Topic is favorited by 208 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)”

• I'm in on a CE 43 votes
    7%
  • I'm in on a SE 103 votes
    17%
  • I'm in on a LE 315 votes
    51%
  • I'm out for now 161 votes
    26%

(622 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,094 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

afmr10 (resized).jpg
20191206_135556 (resized).jpg
27EDE3A8-D071-48AA-BE4C-199811B86D37 (resized).jpeg
C4A6293F-3B40-4E2D-AA88-495FFD6126A5 (resized).jpeg
0002BB46-53CE-4CFD-AE1D-952D11DA3F9B (resized).jpeg
D7092CAF-BEEC-46B7-8529-E60E513EE0F1 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20191122_104435 (resized).jpg
C33AE3F9-B57B-4D1D-B9E1-F138ACC84518 (resized).jpeg
buttons.gif
F19A316C-7809-454A-AB56-A8DC6357849D (resized).jpeg
DFEA4289-EAE9-43AA-A293-7929C1561AD7 (resized).jpeg
D63BF020-095A-4E70-AE6D-043891A38F96 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1271 (resized).JPG
IMG_1270 (resized).JPG
31E430BD-4148-4748-8879-822C90B7ED6E (resized).jpeg
IMG_20191101_165435 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6477 posts in this topic. You are on page 34 of 130.
#1651 11 months ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

I submitted a ticket, the response was "they look fine to me". ... and they may be fine. They just don't look as "detailed" as they show on the CG website. I'm going to get a better pic for the help desk.
This may just be a difference in what the photos show as "enhanced" and what reality turned out to be.

Way more improved detail compared to the original! That is what they meant!

#1652 11 months ago

There are monsters in my game... I am opening up a ticket.

#1653 11 months ago
Quoted from Captain-Flint:

Way more improved detail compared to the original! That is what they meant!

Sure... but they don't look like the promo pics. I'm just making sure.

#1654 11 months ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

but they don't look like the promo pics.

Yes, those were proto designs.

Like a lot of Williams games, the proto games had features or items that were removed due to cost in the production games.

The detail in the figures is probably similar.

Robert

#1655 11 months ago

I am sure the after market mod crowd will have better monster figures for all the characters before this is all over... I will leave the figures that come with mine be, for now, because there is some kind of steel skinned monsters getting loose on the playfield causing so much damage... more than likely going to take out Frankie or Drac soon. Hell, I been told they like hole protectors the best right now and have been eating them like popcorn. I think they call them “balls”?

#1656 11 months ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

Yes, those were proto designs.
Like a lot of Williams games, the proto games had features or items that were removed due to cost in the production games.
The detail in the figures is probably similar.
Robert

Yup ... cool with that... no biggie. I'm really not trying to make a mountain out of a mole hill. The game is awesome.

#1657 11 months ago

Considering the added detail is a big feature they advertise between the CE and SE/LE, are there any comparison photos between the two versions?

#1658 11 months ago
Quoted from seenev:

Considering the added detail is a big feature they advertise between the CE and SE/LE, are there any comparison photos between the two versions?

The pictures I've seen posted here, seem to show all of the figures being identical..on all versions...see posts 703 & 722.

If you want to see pictures in this thread, go to the TOPIC GALLERY (near the top LHS of this web page) and click on "View topic image gallery".

Robert

#1659 11 months ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

The pictures I've seen posted here, seem to show all of the figures being identical..on all versions...see posts 703 & 722.
If you want to see pictures in this thread, go to the TOPIC GALLERY (near the top LHS of this web page) and click on "View topic image gallery".
Robert

If they really look in all versions the same, then this is not normal. The se and le Monsters should look like on their webpage.

Hope they fix that before the games get oversea

#1660 11 months ago

Clearly they promoted this feature for the SE and LE versions....its actually listed on their spec sheet "improved decoration on play field monsters"....be nice to see some comparison pics of CE, SE and LE versions

#1661 11 months ago

I think the only difference between the figures is supposed to be the detailing, which just means they took 2 minutes to paint each figure with a 1” brush instead of just 30 seconds with a sharpie pen. The figures themselves are all from the same molds, because paying for multiple injection molds per monster is plain nuts, if they didn't just reuse the original molds if they still exist. I am not worried, if the monsters suck real bad, they will get remade by somebody.

#1662 11 months ago

I haven't seen them, so take this as you will...

If they were advertised to be 'better', then they should be better, given it is priced in. Why would I pay extra up front, then more later for something that was already supposed to be done? While I realize sometimes promotional pics don't match the final product, there should definitely be some sort of visible difference between the CE and the SE/LE.

pasted_image (resized).png
#1663 11 months ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

They are clear. The LEDs are RGB on the SE/LE... I think this is why.

Correct. They are amber / orange on the CE.

#1664 11 months ago

How accurate is the phantom flip on the remake?

#1665 11 months ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

I think the only difference between the figures is supposed to be the detailing, which just means they took 2 minutes to paint each figure with a 1” brush instead of just 30 seconds with a sharpie pen. The figures themselves are all from the same molds, because paying for multiple injection molds per monster is plain nuts, if they didn't just reuse the original molds if they still exist. I am not worried, if the monsters suck real bad, they will get remade by somebody.

I completely agree.....be nice to see what the CE monsters look like versus the SE/LE....It really has nothing to do with game play, but with when buying the LE you pay for all the bells and whistles, which clearly include the custom monsters ....the one's in their marketing brochures look really nice...I guess my expectation is they would be similar in the SE/LE games.....

#1666 11 months ago

If the monsters on my MBrLE (when it gets here) don’t look like the pictures we have been shown to differentiate between non-detailed and detailed figures, I will open a ticket with CGC... and I will say, you installed CE figures in my LE. I want 1 of 2 things, either a set of figures unpainted, or a set painted and detailed per the advertised “improved” ad speak. I agree with zablon , my decision to spend an extra $1000 or two should give me monster figures that look better than NOS originals which is what I would EXPECT on a CE, but not the SE and certainly not on an LE.

#1667 11 months ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

If the monsters on my MBrLE (when it gets here) don’t look like the pictures we have been shown to differentiate between non-detailed and detailed figures, I will open a ticket with CGC... and I will say, you installed CE figures in my LE. I want 1 of 2 things, either a set of figures unpainted, or a set painted and detailed per the advertised “improved” ad speak. I agree with zablon , my decision to spend an extra $1000 or two should give me monster figures that look better than NOS originals which is what I would EXPECT on a CE, but not the SE and certainly not on an LE.

Yes this is where my head is at... I don't particularly care how they decide to detail them... for the extra $$ and claim they are more detailed on the spec sheet... they should be. To me it is still unclear as to the difference between the CE and SE/LE monsters. All the pics I've seen so far... they all look the same.

#1668 11 months ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

How accurate is the phantom flip on the remake?

50/50 - 70/30 at best.. at least for me anyway

#1669 11 months ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

I've an SE and I've just noticed that my monster figurines do not have "improved detail"... the mad scientist has no face detail and the bride has no color whatsoever. I will take a better pic later tonight and see if its consistent with what other people have... or don't[quoted image]

I agree, the figurines are pretty similar to the original MB IMO. I would have preferred something like this...
After all, they are in a Rock Band

pasted_image (resized).png

#1670 11 months ago

Here are the images from the CGC website...

pasted_image1 (resized).pngpasted_image2 (resized).pngpasted_image3 (resized).png
#1671 11 months ago
Quoted from netman63129:

Here are the images from the CGC website...[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

But what do the CE one look like?

#1672 11 months ago
Quoted from netman63129:

Here are the images from the CGC website...[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

And is that what the le‘s Look like ?

#1673 11 months ago
Quoted from netman63129:

I agree, the figurines are pretty similar to the original MB IMO. I would have preferred something like this...
[quoted image]

Those look nice....my only expectation is that they look like what they publicized....nothing more .... nothing less

#1674 11 months ago

I'm stoked that the biggest complaint for this game so far are the monster figurine colors. That's great news.

#1675 11 months ago
Quoted from MEuRaH:

I'm stoked that the biggest complaint for this game so far are the monster figurine colors. That's great news.

How did you miss the hole protector situation?

#1676 11 months ago

I feel like the figures on my LE look like to ones on the CGC website, but I'll need to take a closer look when I get home.

#1677 11 months ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

I feel like the figures on my LE look like to ones on the CGC website, but I'll need to take a closer look when I get home.

Can you post pictures please

#1678 11 months ago
Quoted from netman63129:

Is that a bandage on Igor's head? The doctor should take it easy on him.

#1679 11 months ago
Quoted from netman63129:

[quoted image]

ModFather special!! I love the wires between Frank and the Tesla coils

#1680 11 months ago

Speaking of which ... where the hell are all the mods for this game?! For example, I would love to see Igor moving back and forth, as was originally intended.

#1681 11 months ago

I’m good... my figures are a lot more detailed than I gave them credit for.

Basically ... yeah nonissue.

38425A62-F245-4780-A243-34E6128AE874 (resized).jpegDAF8A110-D6B4-4EF7-93AE-FD3AF333B7D4 (resized).jpeg3891E4DF-F0C9-4360-81B4-382AE0DE59A8 (resized).jpegC0405243-8145-4E9E-80C4-DF0DD2A8C3D5 (resized).jpeg
#1682 11 months ago

I think those look great!

#1683 11 months ago
Quoted from LoganJK:

I think those look great!

I’m embarrassed... I must have hallucinated or something!!!! Bonehead!!!!

attention-world-im-an-idiot--d9d8e (resized).png
#1684 11 months ago

I will be happy with those... no issue at all.

#1685 11 months ago

I prefer those, but the one on cgc le site looks ok for me

6BA3701A-AE88-48A9-9A90-75C6435A388F (resized).jpeg6DD14DFB-8781-4F25-B2FF-CC85DCD13AD8 (resized).jpegE1CBF291-17B9-4CC1-8B45-ED9388E1E421 (resized).jpegEEB27543-0A66-4760-96D8-963ED97F4114 (resized).jpegF96050A9-AB41-4F50-B522-03C0E2021A00 (resized).jpeg

B4E57871-B461-4EFD-BDAB-9C7D7768C470 (resized).jpeg

DDACE1EF-9F70-42CA-A585-22ABBF9E13FB (resized).jpeg
#1686 11 months ago

Here's mine. I think they look pretty good.

20181227_202304 (resized).jpg20181227_202158 (resized).jpg20181227_202256 (resized).jpg20181227_202158 (resized).jpg
#1687 11 months ago

You guys are killing me with these detailed pics, I want my LE!

#1688 11 months ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

Here's mine. I think they look pretty good.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks for the pics. that didn’t look like as the ones they show on their website.
That is a big disappointment for me

#1689 11 months ago

I just seen where someone was saying that the remakes have a pause or a delay in the flipper response, what is that all about? I have played 2 MMR and 1 MBR and all 3 games felt just fine to me??

#1690 11 months ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I just see where someone was saying that the remakes have a pause or a delay in the flipper response, what is that all about? I have played 2 MMR and 1 MBR and all 3 games felt just fine to me??

It’s just the anti-remake crowd popping up again trying to drive up the prices of their originals........again. The remakes play just like the originals plus you get all new parts and awesome upgrades, nothing to see here.....move on.

#1691 11 months ago

Le 116 landed last night ...its going to be a great weekend.

#1692 11 months ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

Le 116 landed last night ...its going to be a great weekend.

I am anxiously waiting for the landing of LE#157!

#1693 11 months ago

Anyone have the ball not get recognized in the creature hole? This has happened to me several times now... I'm 99.99% sure its a physical tweak that needs to be done to the switch actuator or switch position.

#1694 11 months ago
Quoted from WackyBrakke:

It’s just the anti-remake crowd popping up again trying to drive up the prices of their originals........again. The remakes play just like the originals plus you get all new parts and awesome upgrades, nothing to see here.....move on.

Just don't get this at all.

They do play different.

Who cares on prices up or down though!

#1695 11 months ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Just don't get this at all.
They do play different.
Who cares on prices up or down though!

They don’t play different

#1696 11 months ago

They do play different, but only the GI light show and the new dot animations and topper integration. The rest of it shot and felt just like an original.

On AFMr’s that I have played, there is a slight, and I am talking ALMOST in-perceptual slight delay on the flippers, one that gets in the way of getting really good flow going on the ramps. This does not happen on MBrLE that I played at Expo, my left/right bride ramp game was on. I got to MOR one time out of probably 20 to 25 games I played, with untold bashes and moshes. She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, kid. I've added some special modifications myself. But we're a little rushed, so if you'll just get onboard, we'll get outta here...

Still waiting on my MBrLE unmatched... sigh... 10th on the unmatched LE list at PinballSTAR and still no love.

#1697 11 months ago
Quoted from WackyBrakke:

They don’t play different

Maybe they don't to you and that's fine.

Some people can notice the difference. Others can't.

It's not a big issue as remakes are doing amazingly well.

#1698 11 months ago

To me, MMR plays like shit compared to the og otherwise I would have bought one. Afmr there is still some difference but it is very very close to og. I haven't played mbr yet but based on afmr I'm confident it will also play very close to the original and ordered a LE. I've owned original afm and mb in they past. Never been able to afford a MM though.

#1699 11 months ago
Quoted from greenhorn1:

To me, MMR plays like shit compared to the og otherwise I would have bought one. Afmr there is still some difference but it is very very close to og. I haven't played mbr yet but based on afmr I'm confident it will also play very close to the original and ordered a LE. I've owned original afm and mb in they past. Never been able to afford a MM though.

Yeah, from my experience, all the MMr i've come across play pretty horribly also. I'm sure there are ones out there that are dialed in correctly to match the original, but unfortunately not the ones around here (especially Logans, ooof!) The AFMr are definitely hit or miss, but I think it's more of a setup thing. MBr that i tried at Expro played really nice (besides the one with the flippers set completely incorrectly). I don't know why so many of these Chicago Gaming pins have the flippers positioned completely wrong out of the box. I didn't think that should be something that would have to be adjusted so drastically.

#1700 11 months ago
Quoted from Cyrus:

I have three different spots on my ramp where the ball flies out. I’m at a perfect pitch and even light shots are being affected. Going to open a ticket with CG and see what they say. Batman66 had a big problem with ball flying off of the curve on the left ramp. Stern quickly sent out a fix. Hope CG has some suggestions because this is messed up.

I am having issues with both ramps, although right ramp is worse. Curious to hear what they say.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
$ 9.95
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
£ 58.00
There are 6477 posts in this topic. You are on page 34 of 130.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside