(Topic ID: 222461)

Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)

By MrSanRamon

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 9,332 posts
  • 732 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by KingMixer
  • Topic is favorited by 277 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)”

• I'm in on a CE 77 votes
    9%
  • I'm in on a SE 172 votes
    21%
  • I'm in on a LE 396 votes
    48%
  • I'm out for now 182 votes
    22%

(827 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

wire switch 2 (resized).jpg
R orbit switch (resized).jpg
IMG_4951 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4943 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0464 (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
IMG_3190 (resized).jpeg
Wolfman (resized).jpg
IMG_2467 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4014 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231111_165525077 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20231112-165133 (resized).png
20231110_123120 (resized).jpg
20231105_122730 (resized).jpg
94B393B7-CB09-4AFB-A166-CF0EC7F7F9A0 (resized).jpeg
3D150F78-A1C1-4B31-A9FA-00031163D7C1 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 9,332 posts in this topic. You are on page 32 of 187.
#1551 5 years ago
Quoted from hawknole:

Fluorescent green sling protectors, much better than those big washers IMHO:[quoted image]

Those look amazing, where could I find them if I may ask?

#1552 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

What I did on my original MB years ago. Loosened the assembly as much as I could below the playfield and turned it and retightened it. Eventually I removed the assembly, elongated the holes in the bracket, and turned it a little more.
My MBR, this hasn't been necessary. So I'd play with making the coil stronger or weaker before anything drastic. Some games may need a little tweaking, some don't.
LTG : )

THANKS Lloyd for quick response. (and also Brucipher). The default setting shot it *fast* down the middle every time. Set to high and got same result. Set it to lowest and it now regularly hits near tip of right flipper so I can keep it in play. Huge difference - thanks for the tip.
As an aside, I had a "challenge" figuring out what coil to adjust. Went through all the standard menu choices and nothing. Then went to the CGC menu and finally figured out its called "Right Popper". Just for others that might have to do the adjustment.
Love the game -- great flow and plays FAST. Sound is great at low volume too. My 3 adult sons are coming over for Xmas and will play the hell out of it. I couldn't wait for them, as I need them to move it upstairs where the cousins (MM, AFM, and TOM) reside. So I set it up in the garage (I am in SoCal) where I have all my EMs and Pitch and Bats so I could test drive it. Once set up in its final spot I will take video of game play and post it for those wondering about features, lights, and the Topper.
BIG THANKS also to Sara and Rick at PPS and of course the team at CGC. Game arrived Friday in perfect condition.

#1553 5 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

The protector in the ball drain is different. It has a piece cut out to prevent the ball from getting stuck.

My LE #34 is like this.

Robert

#1554 5 years ago

For all the locals...MBR is now at Pocketeer!

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg
#1555 5 years ago

After less than 100 games on my SE the Mosh Pit protector has many dents, I have a ticket at CG but no solution yet so I ordered a hyperthin Cliffy(he has the real wide cliffy and the hyperthin), I went to install it and low and behold the CG protector is spot welded to the Mantis type protector inside the hole, it's all one piece, so to install the Cliffy you would have to buy a Mantis also. You can see from the pictures that even thou the CG protector was beat to hell, the playfield underneath is not damaged so it's doing it's job but all the dents look like hell

IMG_0875 (resized).jpgIMG_0875 (resized).jpgIMG_0876 (resized).jpgIMG_0876 (resized).jpgIMG_0877 (resized).jpgIMG_0877 (resized).jpgIMG_0878 (resized).jpgIMG_0878 (resized).jpgIMG_0879 (resized).jpgIMG_0879 (resized).jpgIMG_0880 (resized).jpgIMG_0880 (resized).jpg
#1556 5 years ago

I'm glad I already bought a Cliffy and Mantis protectors. It looks like I'll be installing them right away.

#1557 5 years ago
Quoted from tomtest:

After less than 100 games on my SE the Mosh Pit protector has many dents, I have a ticket at CG but no solution yet so I ordered a hyperthin Cliffy(he has the real wide cliffy and the hyperthin), I went to install it and low and behold the CG protector is spot welded to the Mantis type protector inside the hole, it's all one piece, so to install the Cliffy you would have to buy a Mantis also. You can see from the pictures that even thou the CG protector was beat to hell, the playfield underneath is not damaged so it's doing it's job but all the dents look like hell
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Almost looks like it still has that protective film on it? Maybe they forgot to remove it..........

#1558 5 years ago
Quoted from tomtest:

Excellent, but could you confirm the official Cliffy protector (hyperthin) is not getting dented as fast as the one present on the machine ?
I wonder if I need to get the thick one without mantis or the hyperthin with mantis.

I'm also wondering if the hyperthin is not the same as the one already installed

#1559 5 years ago

So is the problem the part? Too thick? Too Thin? Weak metal? Is this an issue with normal cliffies too?

#1560 5 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

So is the problem the part? Too thick? Too Thin? Weak metal? Is this an issue with normal cliffies too?

Really looks like the protective film is still applied.....peel it off

#1561 5 years ago
Quoted from Leo13:

Excellent, but could you confirm the official Cliffy protector (hyperthin) is not getting dented as fast as the one present on the machine ?
I wonder if I need to get the thick one without mantis or the hyperthin with mantis.
I'm also wondering if the hyperthin is not the same as the one already installed

Regular cliffy by itself also gets damaged quickly.... need mantis with cliffy and no damage occurs

#1562 5 years ago

I don't get the big deal about the protector getting banged up and dented. Isn't that kind of the purpose (to protect the playfield)? Is there a chance the playfield underneath will get damaged? If not, then what's the problem?

#1563 5 years ago

Unless CG comes up with a replacement the only option is the Cliffy with the Mantis, I did not have a Mantis so could not use the Cliffy by itself unless the inner hole is left unprotected so I had to reinstall the CG unit, the protective coating is not on my factory one, although it may appear so. The Cliffy Hyperthin is about the same width as the CG one, the regular Cliffy is about twice as wide as the CG one, way too wide. The thickness of the CG one is about the same as the Cliffy so I don't know why the CG gets so dented, may Cliffy would also?? I'm going to order the Mantis to use with the Cliffy. Since there was no damage to the playfield under the CG one it's only cosmetic but sure doesn't look pretty.

#1564 5 years ago
Quoted from brucipher:

I don't get the big deal about the protector getting banged up and dented. Isn't that kind of the purpose (to protect the playfield)? Is there a chance the playfield underneath will get damaged? If not, then what's the problem?

What you say is true but I use Cliffy's on all my machines and have never seen this on any of them, it's just one of those things that bug you, just knowing it's there, it's like having a bulb out that doesn't really matter, but you know it's out and if Cliffy can do it right why can't CG?

#1565 5 years ago

Why is the scoop protector getting beat up on mbR but not AFMr? Same scoop, same shot. I have a cliffy on my AFMr scoop, no wear.

#1566 5 years ago

It’s entirely possible the factory protector just doesn’t fit tight. The key to the Cliffy protector has always been that it fit tight to the wood. Having a 2 piece solution allows the Cliffy to fit tight to the playfield and the Mantiss as a separate piece gives the ridge support needed. A single piece (even though it’s technically two pieces spot welded) doesn’t have the ability to fit perfectly tight.

Just a thought... however playfield protection is priority one... regardless of how banged up it gets.

#1567 5 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Why is the scoop protector getting beat up on mbR but not AFMr? Same scoop, same shot. I have a cliffy on my AFMr scoop, no wear.

Its shaped differently and when hit it really hits the left side as where afm takes abuse in the front and right side

#1568 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Its shaped differently and when hit it really hits the left side as where afm takes abuse in the front and right side

No idea on AFM.

MB was filmed when production started by Larry Demar and another person, because of the extreme early wear on the hole. They slowed the tape down and realized it's the ball going in that beats the wood up so fast, not coming out.

#1569 5 years ago

My cliffy for my family guy TV scoop is beat to hell, but it is 10 years old... and has like a two part fit it in the hole installation. The playfield underneath is perfectly fine. On my MBrLE, someday, I might replace it, but for now meh? Let her dent away... as long as the playfield edge stays mostly unsplintered and unworn.

#1570 5 years ago
Quoted from Doug_Duba:

We have confirmed customer comments that MBr is currently less loud than AFMr. Both games use identical hardware so the maximum volume levels should be comparable.
We reprocessed the audio files and now the maximum volume of MBr is very close to AFMr.
We will try to have a software update available by 12/31/2018.
HAPPY HOLIDAYS EVERYONE!!!

Just curious what reprocessing means here, did you remix or master the files or were they being too compressed?

#1571 5 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

Just curious what reprocessing means here, did you remix or master the files or were they being too compressed?

I would have thought it was simply a bump in the files amplitude

#1572 5 years ago
Quoted from Flynnyfalcon:

I would have thought it was simply a bump in the files amplitude

I hope it’s also boost in the high end a bit...it just sounds flat to me ... but that’s just me. For me amplitude in general is fine.

#1573 5 years ago

So for a guy getting his in January what do you suggest to buy now for protection?

#1574 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

So for a guy getting his in January what do you suggest to buy now for protection?

Mantis and cliffy.... problem is cliffy is way backed up....

#1575 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Mantis and cliffy.... problem is cliffy is way backed up....

Pinball life had Cliffy’s. Got one last week

#1576 5 years ago
Quoted from Higloss67:

Pinball life had Cliffy’s. Got one last week

O nice... ive never ordered from anyone else just cliffy but good to know.

#1577 5 years ago
Quoted from tomtest:

That doesn't look that bad - mainly just dirty. Try cleaning it off with Novus #2 and make sure the protective film is removed.

#1578 5 years ago
Quoted from T7:

That doesn't look that bad - mainly just dirty. Try cleaning it off with Novus #2 and make sure the protective film is removed.

Actually when I had it out I tried flattening the dents and then used 000 steel wool on it, the dents are near impossible to flatten

#1579 5 years ago

Here are Cliffy's options, the hyperthin one was designed on request of some original MB owners asking for a narrower one, the wider one is 3/8" and the hyperthin is 1/4", I'm not crazy about the wider one.

IMG_0881 (resized).jpgIMG_0881 (resized).jpg
#1580 5 years ago

Hmm, I couldn’t find it on pinball life.

#1581 5 years ago
Quoted from andrewket:

Hmm, I couldn’t find it on pinball life.

Looks like they must have sold out and pulled the spot for it.

Monster Bash Cliffy Mosh Pit Hole Protector
mb_cliffy_protector
$32.95

#1582 5 years ago

I have a brand new mb cliffy... when i find it ill post it in here for sale....

#1583 5 years ago

Do CGC make flyers or any promotional items for these remakes, like everyone had back in the day?
I've ordered a nos original 1998 MB flyer on ebay, just im wondering if theres anything out there from CGC.

#1584 5 years ago
Quoted from Higloss67:

Looks like they must have sold out and pulled the spot for it.
Monster Bash Cliffy Mosh Pit Hole Protector
mb_cliffy_protector
$32.95

I just bought both of these directly from Cliff the end of last week. [email protected]

#1585 5 years ago

Here is the picture of Cliffy's "hyperthin" one installed, of course you will be adding the Mantis protector also.

IMG_0874 (resized).jpgIMG_0874 (resized).jpg
#1586 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballGalore:

Do CGC make flyers or any promotional items for these remakes, like everyone had back in the day?
I've ordered a nos original 1998 MB flyer on ebay, just im wondering if theres anything out there from CGC.

Yes, contact your distributor and they will gladly send you one.

#1587 5 years ago
Quoted from jbug:

Yes, contact your distributor and they will gladly send you one, for free.

#1588 5 years ago

My fix for straight down the middle from middle kickout popper. Max out coil strength and bend the metal like my pic. 100% now.

9C603805-FC2C-450B-94D3-39C6EE434214 (resized).png9C603805-FC2C-450B-94D3-39C6EE434214 (resized).png
#1589 5 years ago
Quoted from Ledman62:

My fix for straight down the middle from middle kickout popper. Max out coil strength and bend the metal like my pic. 100% now.
[quoted image]

On my GBLE, I put a piece of foam weatherstripping on the inside of the scoop, it worked and deflected the ball to prevent sdtm. Maybe that would work here for those with the issue. It's an easy, cheap and quick fix if it works.

#1591 5 years ago
Quoted from tomtest:

Here is the picture of Cliffy's "hyperthin" one installed, of course you will be adding the Mantis protector also.
[quoted image]

It looks to me like Cliff calls ALL his protectors “hyperthin” and the narrower MB one he calls “black line”.
http://www.passionforpinball.com/mbscoop.htm

#1592 5 years ago
Quoted from hawknole:

It looks to me like Cliff calls ALL his protectors “hyperthin” and the narrower MB one he calls “black line”.
http://www.passionforpinball.com/mbscoop.htm

So what is the best for our brand new games. Hyperthin or black line?

#1593 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballocd:

So what is the best for our brand new games. Hyperthin or black line?

Both work but Blackline is usually for new pins... the bigger one is for more worn pins

#1594 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Both work but Blackline is usually for new pins... the bigger one is for more worn pins

Thanks

#1595 5 years ago

Oddly enough I was just chatting with Cliffy about the black line protector via Email, here is what he had to say for reference.

“I'll be honest I wouldn't use my black line version as its untested on this new remake. Really I made that sucker on request and it looks nice but I worry its so narrow it just cant last too long. I really recommend my standard mosh pit scoop. It does fit with Kerrys liner as long as mine goes in first and you dont tighten the plastic post until AFTER his liner is installed. Then tighten the post and all should be sitting flat.”

#1596 5 years ago

What's with you guy's obsession over scoop protectors? Do you really think you will play the game enough in a home environment to get any noticeable damage on the scoop? It reminds me of my grandmother covering her new couch with plastic. Just bareback that shit and play it as god intended. Throw a cliffy to cover up the damage later if it happens. What's the point of having a perfect scoop covered up?

#1597 5 years ago
Quoted from Ledman62:

[quoted image]

What's strange is I have a couple hundred games on my SE and it has never done a SDTM, it has factory settings. You have a good correction there, I just don't understand the difference in machines.

#1598 5 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

What's with you guy's obsession over scoop protectors? Do you really think you will play the game enough in a home environment to get any noticeable damage on the scoop? It reminds me of my grandmother covering her new couch with plastic. Just bareback that shit and play it as god intended. Throw a cliffy to cover up the damage later if it happens. What's the point of having a perfect scoop covered up?

I really appreciate the feedback on the scoop protectors since my LE will be on location!

#1599 5 years ago
Quoted from Ledman62:

[quoted image]

Don't have my LE yet but I think I'll wait to see what CGC does if anything before doing any bending like that

#1600 5 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

What's with you guy's obsession over scoop protectors? Do you really think you will play the game enough in a home environment to get any noticeable damage on the scoop?

On Monster Bash. Yes. That hole starts getting chewed up instantly in home or on location.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 12.95
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lafayette, LA
Machine - For Sale
Shepherdsville, KY
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 33.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Asheville, NC
$ 210.00
£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 9,332 posts in this topic. You are on page 32 of 187.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monster-bash-remake-mbr-owners-club/page/32?hl=valis666 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.