(Topic ID: 222461)

Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)

By MrSanRamon

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 9,332 posts
  • 732 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by KingMixer
  • Topic is favorited by 277 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)”

• I'm in on a CE 77 votes
    9%
  • I'm in on a SE 172 votes
    21%
  • I'm in on a LE 396 votes
    48%
  • I'm out for now 182 votes
    22%

(827 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

wire switch 2 (resized).jpg
R orbit switch (resized).jpg
IMG_4951 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4943 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0464 (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
IMG_3190 (resized).jpeg
Wolfman (resized).jpg
IMG_2467 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4014 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231111_165525077 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20231112-165133 (resized).png
20231110_123120 (resized).jpg
20231105_122730 (resized).jpg
94B393B7-CB09-4AFB-A166-CF0EC7F7F9A0 (resized).jpeg
3D150F78-A1C1-4B31-A9FA-00031163D7C1 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 9,332 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 187.
#52 5 years ago

definitely new LE for me.

1 week later
#53 5 years ago

Hey all,

Thanks for all your comments. I'm persuaded to go for a MBr standard instead of a shopped up original, if it works out to the same $ value. Hopefully the quality is the same, or improved. Will also be interesting to see of the original used MB comes down slightly in value, similar to AFM. I've noticed the MB originals just aren't getting snapped up as fast.

#54 5 years ago

Hoping to get my hands on an LE. I cant wait to see what treatment it gets.
Possibly a well suited Halloween release date? (Although I'd rather it were in my house prior to Halloween)

#55 5 years ago

I bought MMr & AFMr...so now it will be 3 for me.

Good thing I have a coupon.

Robert

IMG_20180903_141701 (resized).jpgIMG_20180903_141701 (resized).jpg

#56 5 years ago

I've not really played a lot of MB.

So it looks like each monster has a mode and you have to hit that monster x many times to start it's mode.

I was curious what happens when you have 2-3 modes started at once? I mean is that more difficult to keep track of and do the timers reset (or are the modes timed in the first place)?

#57 5 years ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

Good thing I have a coupon.

Good thing you have an official coupon.

Accept no others.

LTG : )

#58 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Good thing you have an official coupon.

Just waiting for a chance to use it...

#59 5 years ago

Was pricing announced yet? Any guesses?

#60 5 years ago
Quoted from CFoote:

Was pricing announced yet? Any guesses?

Don't think so

#61 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I was curious what happens when you have 2-3 modes started at once? I mean is that more difficult to keep track of and do the timers reset (or are the modes timed in the first place)?

The various monster modes are timed. Lyman did an excellent job of programming stackable modes. Starting one of the multiballs suspends the timer and makes it easier to complete any modes started before starting multiball (until you are back down to just one ball in play).

#62 5 years ago

Well, the next pinball gathering is going to be...

Just to keep people up to date, this was Doug's post Just before Christmas last year:
We will unveil Pin #3 at the Texas Pinball Festival in March. From your friends at CGC, we wish you all a great holiday season with your families.
Regards, Doug Skor

So I will guess that since the unveiling didn't happen at TPF, it will happen here...in still in Texas:

2018 HOUSTON ARCADE & PINBALL EXPO, 10/19 & 20

Robert

#63 5 years ago

We’ll see what happens. I just spent the $ I had earmarked for MBr on an IJ.

#64 5 years ago

So based on the information currently available about lead times, are we really looking at March 2019, or possibly sooner?

Be awesome to know, so that people can budget accordingly.

#65 5 years ago

yea at this point I've given up hope seeing an LE before 2018 ends.....

#66 5 years ago
Quoted from Sethman:

yea at this point I've given up hope seeing an LE before 2018 ends.....

Just posted on Facebook that the remake will be in Reno this Friday.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/298150340343944/permalink/1048965761929061/

Below is the text in case Facebook link does not open.

I just found out that Chicago Gaming Co.'s Monster Bash Remake serial #MB-P001 is here in Reno and will be opened this Friday for a private party. No, I don't know when they will be available for sale, or how much they will cost. Just thought I'd 100% confirm that they are coming.

#67 5 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Now we are getting somewhere.

#68 5 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

I just found out that Chicago Gaming Co.'s Monster Bash Remake serial #MB-P001 is here in Reno and will be opened this Friday for a private party. No, I don't know when they will be available for sale, or how much they will cost. Just thought I'd 100% confirm that they are coming.

Forward progress for sure. But it’s still a coin toss whether my earlier statement ends up true at this point.

#69 5 years ago

I had every intention of buying MBr. I have MMR and AFMR and enjoy them both. I ordered both without having played either, and I’ve never played MB.

However, I’ve recently acquired an IJ (great game) and Deadpool arrives next week. I’m getting close to being out of space.

Is MB a sufficiently great game to have in a collection that already has MMR and AFMR? I know, I should find a way to play it and decide for myself, but there aren’t any MBs around that I’m aware of (DC area). I’ve had good luck staying in the top 20 pins rated here on pinside as well as SDTM’s ratings.

#70 5 years ago
Quoted from andrewket:

I had every intention of buying MBr. I have MMR and AFMR and enjoy them both. I ordered both without having played either, and I’ve never played MB.
However, I’ve recently acquired an IJ (great game) and Deadpool arrives next week. I’m getting close to being out of space.
Is MB a sufficiently great game to have in a collection that already has MMR and AFMR? I know, I should find a way to play it and decide for myself, but there aren’t any MBs around that I’m aware of (DC area). I’ve had good luck staying in the top 20 pins rated here on pinside as well as SDTM’s ratings.

If you are wanting a different style playfield layout. Deadpool will give you that.
On the other hand MB is a proven winner.

#71 5 years ago
Quoted from andrewket:

yes its different and a very fun game. I have both MMRLE and AFMRLE and although those two games are different they have many similarities. I know several people that sold one or the other due to this.

#72 5 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Come on folks. Let's hear/see something about it. Anyone?

#74 5 years ago

Will it be at the York White Rose show?

#75 5 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Come on folks. Let's hear/see something about it. Anyone?

Guessing the Private party must have been just that.
Probably did not allow photos.
The secrecy on this thing is getting old.

#76 5 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Probably did not allow photos.
The secrecy on this thing is getting old.

Agreed

#77 5 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Party was in Nevada. PPS is in Nevada. Williams is in Nevada.

Maybe final okay's and then full steam ahead ?

#78 5 years ago

Couldn't agree more...I suspect its gonna be another 3-6 months before they actually start shipping LE's ...

#79 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Party was in Nevada. PPS is in Nevada. Williams is in Nevada.
Maybe final okay's and then full steam ahead ?

Thanks Loyd.
That is some encouraging news.

#80 5 years ago
Quoted from andrewket:

Pinballmap says that Carpool Bar has one. You should go play it!

#81 5 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Couldn't agree more...I suspect its gonna be another 3-6 months before they actually start shipping LE's ...

I'm ok with that. I just want pics and pricing so my distributor can take an official deposit and I can start budgeting. I've been ballparking at $12,000 cdn for a LE seeing as Afm LE is usually around $11-11,500 cdn nib

#82 5 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

I'm ok with that. I just want pics and pricing so my distributor can take an official deposit and I can start budgeting. I've been ballparking at $12,000 cdn for a LE seeing as Afm LE is usually around $11-11,500 cdn nib

My guess is the LE will be $8500 US +/- a few hundred....AFRMLE's were $8K

#83 5 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

My guess is the LE will be $8500 US +/- a few hundred....AFRMLE's were $8K

$8,500 usd is $11,000 cdn just as a point of reference.
Also as someone who enjoys some nodding, while I dont intend to do much to this game, I'd like to see what we are getting and what is still open to personal touches. I hope the pyramid is at least a 3d toy stock from cgc because it was on all of the monster bashes I grew up with...so like 3

#84 5 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

Pinballmap says that Carpool Bar has one. You should go play it!

Just know that the MB at Carpool is notorious in the area. It looks like it has never been shopped, is
Set up super floaty (like all games at carpool) and is very dimly lit with incandescent bulbs still. The shots are pretty well set up but not perfect. Keep in mind This will not be a good indicator of how the remake will shoot or look.

#85 5 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

My guess is the LE will be $8500 US

$10,000 by Christmas...

OK, bad joke but these games however fun to play or nice are really becoming expensive.

Robert

#86 5 years ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

$10,000 by Christmas...
OK, bad joke but these games however fun to play or nice are really becoming expensive.
Robert

Couldn't agree more...I suspect the sales/pricing will be in line with AFMRLE. I made the mistake of buying an AFMRLE with a deposit and waiting 6 months to get the game. As it turns out they were available NIB and putting a big deposit wasn't really necessary. Selling 1000 LE's is a lot of games, and I highly doubt it will sell out day 1. If they choose to price closer to $9K than sales will be much slower...

#87 5 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Couldn't agree more...I suspect the sales/pricing will be in line with AFMRLE. I made the mistake of buying an AFMRLE with a deposit and waiting 6 months to get the game. As it turns out they were available NIB and putting a big deposit wasn't really necessary. Selling 1000 LE's is a lot of games, and I highly doubt it will sell out day 1. If they choose to price closer to $9K than sales will be much slower...

Idk about down there but I can still get nib afmre le from several distributors here I Canada.

#88 5 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Idk about down there but I can still get nib afmre le from several distributors here I Canada.

Not a surprise....they took a long time to sell out all the AFMRLE's (unlike when MMRLE was introduced)....I think those sold quick not only because it was a great game, but the remake concept was new and exciting....there are a lot of new great games on the market so if they price MBRLE at around the same as AFM than they'll probably get the same absorption rate (or possibly better)...if not then sales will slow a lot, and LE's will be available for a long time. CGC did a nice job of adding value to the AFMRLE (as compared to very little value on MMRLE)...I suspect they'll add even more to MBRLE? I'm hoping for a killer topper (like AFMRLE), game blades, non reflective glass, exterior volume control, headphone jack, upgraded sound system, armor, etc....

1 week later
#89 5 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

tell me where please??? I've tried everywhere I know and there was only 1 stainless steel LE at player one amusements. PM me!

Thanks

#90 5 years ago

<drops a pin>

#91 5 years ago

Does this thread get the TWIPY for “Most Premature Owners Thread Of 2018”?

#92 5 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Does this thread get the TWIPY for “Most Premature Owners Thread Of 2018”?

YES!

#93 5 years ago

MBr potential owners- please return your key - we

#94 5 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

MBr potential owners- please return your key - we were just kidding!

BC72C6F2-CD3E-4808-9986-AC7146085204 (resized).pngBC72C6F2-CD3E-4808-9986-AC7146085204 (resized).png
#95 5 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

[quoted image]

Ha, ha...

#96 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I’m curious what people want out of “added code”. Monster Bash’s code/rules are a perfect example of rules, lights, sound choreography &amp; design perfectly matching. Some may say “too easy”, but that’s by design &amp; it’s still incredibly fun. What would new code/rules on MB entail? Just a few tweaks, or an entire rewrite like BOP 2.0 with a whole new gameplay concept, animation, music &amp; voices?

I'd want code to replace 'Phantom Flip' with something else. That feature is the only dark mark on this game.

#97 5 years ago
Quoted from scarybeard:

I'd want code to replace 'Phantom Flip' with something else. That feature is the only dark mark on this game.

I was just having a conversation about this - the Phantom Flip is almost always setup inconsistently on location. The games get moved, aren’t level, get their data reset, all the time. The Phantom Flip is super fragile because of all the stuff involved. My game at home has had good data for Phantom Flip for a long time - maybe 6 to 8 months since I had a factory reset. It almost never misses. Seriously - it almost never misses the ramps, can hit the loops, etc.

#98 5 years ago

I ordered a MBRLE!

... said nobody this week.

#99 5 years ago

So what does it take to join this club, a wing and a prayer?

Oh yeah, and perhaps eight to ten grand burning a hole in a pocket?

#100 5 years ago

...And belief in ghosts, ufos, unicorns, flying pigs, martians, Lochness Monster Pinball Machines...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lafayette, LA
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 12.95
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Asheville, NC
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Greeley, CO
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 33.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 210.00
£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 9,332 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 187.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monster-bash-remake-mbr-owners-club/page/2?hl=littlecammi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.