(Topic ID: 222461)

Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)

By MrSanRamon

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 9,324 posts
  • 731 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by KidDynamite
  • Topic is favorited by 277 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)”

• I'm in on a CE 77 votes
    9%
  • I'm in on a SE 172 votes
    21%
  • I'm in on a LE 396 votes
    48%
  • I'm out for now 182 votes
    22%

(827 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

wire switch 2 (resized).jpg
R orbit switch (resized).jpg
IMG_4951 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4943 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0464 (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
IMG_3190 (resized).jpeg
Wolfman (resized).jpg
IMG_2467 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4014 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231111_165525077 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20231112-165133 (resized).png
20231110_123120 (resized).jpg
20231105_122730 (resized).jpg
94B393B7-CB09-4AFB-A166-CF0EC7F7F9A0 (resized).jpeg
3D150F78-A1C1-4B31-A9FA-00031163D7C1 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 9,324 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 187.
#1401 5 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

congrats, but I'm not wrong....there are several documented play field and cabinet issues that were not addressed....I'm happy you got your play field, and I never said that their support wasn't good....I would say its great if its not something like a cabinet or play field....

Entirely possible, however they were ready to ship me another cabinet if my issues could not be fixed. Fortunately I never had to take them up on that.

#1402 5 years ago

pics of my SE with side decals from :
SILLYOLDELF MODS
Decals for vintage and modern pinballs.
(I was very impressed with these decals - I think they are superb!)

played about a dozen games -some quick thoughts:
** mosh pit protector already dinged up a lot( i do have a mantis&cliffy when needed)
**lighting for me with my crap overhead can lights off due to glare requires spot lights
for lower area imo. ill probably put in lights
** overwhelmed by all the adjustments that canbe done - i spent 1/2 hour playing around and pushing
the wrong buttons too many times. time to read the manual. lol

20181219_174849 (resized).jpg20181219_174849 (resized).jpg20181219_175113 (resized).jpg20181219_175113 (resized).jpg20181219_175443 (resized).jpg20181219_175443 (resized).jpg20181219_174849 (resized).jpg20181219_174849 (resized).jpg
#1403 5 years ago
Quoted from fanuminski:

pics of my SE with side decals from :
SILLYOLDELF MODS
Decals for vintage and modern pinballs.
(I was very impressed with these decals - I think they are superb!)
played about a dozen games -some quick thoughts:
** mosh pit protector already dinged up a lot( i do have a mantis&cliffy when needed)
**lighting for me with my crap overhead can lights off due to glare requires spot lights
** overwhelmed by all the adjustments that canbe done - i spent 1/2 hour playing around and pushing
the wrong buttons too many times. time to read the manual. lol[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Those side blades look nice

#1404 5 years ago

#6 is here! Gonna put it together and post more pics!

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#1405 5 years ago

I have a set of the sillyoldelf sideblades i wont b using bc i sold my mb..... if anyone is interested message me and we can work out a deal..... thanks

#1406 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

I have a set of the sillyoldelf sideblades i wont b using bc i sold my mb..... if anyone is interested message me and we can work out a deal..... thanks

Just wish they went all the way down to the bottom of the apron

#1407 5 years ago

Here is a few more pics! So awesome to see in person! The sounds are great on this machine!

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg822C911C-35CF-4FDE-8BFC-F6C01262A165 (resized).jpeg822C911C-35CF-4FDE-8BFC-F6C01262A165 (resized).jpeg
#1408 5 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

They look really good and match the playfield perfectly....

#1409 5 years ago

AFMLe and MBRLe really are the perfect pairing. Look awesome together. Something about the layouts that I like - upraised arms of the topper on the AFM and the upraised arms of Frank on the back glass. Just look like a matched pair.

#1410 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

They look really good and match the playfield perfectly....

They sure do !I bought a set of these years ago when MB was on my wish list. If I do get a MBR , I've got these ready to install. Now if they were just a bit longer...

#1411 5 years ago
Quoted from fanuminski:

the wrong buttons too many times. time to read the manual. lol

Spot lights for this title are awesome! I have an original and I put the spots on the slings (Purple wide cointaker LEDs) the difference is amazing! Mosh Pit multiball strobes the GI, and with those spot lights, it's like AFM strobe effect! Very cool! Also use a LED strip on the apron behind the flippers. I used a purple one from Cointaker.

#1412 5 years ago

So when’s remake #4?

#1413 5 years ago

Don't the LE's have mirror blades?

#1414 5 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Yes, you can see them in the pics.

Robert

#1415 5 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

the ones i bought were his older model - he has ones now that go down to the flippers. They are all great!
https://pinside.com/pinball/biz/directory/1320-sillyoldelf-mods

#1416 5 years ago

Got her setup. Initial thoughts are:
It played perfect out of the box.
The game is flawless.
The lighting is great.
The sound is somewhat lacking compared to my AFMLE.
Still need to get it dialed in, but I can tell that hole protector ain't going to cut it over the long haul.
Oh yeah, did I mention the game is beautiful?

20181219_203417 (resized).jpg20181219_203417 (resized).jpg20181219_205610 (resized).jpg20181219_205610 (resized).jpg20181219_210211 (resized).jpg20181219_210211 (resized).jpg
#1417 5 years ago
20181219_203405 (resized).jpg20181219_203405 (resized).jpg
#1418 5 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Yes. Look closer.

LTG : )

#1419 5 years ago
Quoted from Bronty:

So when’s remake #4?

Next.

#1420 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Next.

I heard they were going to skip 4 and move to 5.

#1421 5 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Are we sure those aren't just flaws in the original art and are just what the art is?

No those spots are caused by plugged, dirty silk screens or contaminated ink. I worked for years at a silk screen printing business.

#1422 5 years ago
Quoted from fanuminski:

lighting for me with my crap overhead can lights off due to glare requires spot lights
for lower area imo

Comet has really nice double spot lights, $16.

#1423 5 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Those side blades look nice

They are beautiful, I have them as wall art lit up with an rgb strip lighting each one up.

#1424 5 years ago

Could someone be so kind as to take a few close ups of the area around the Mummy and the top of Franks ramp, specifically how it each ramp is mounted (washer, spacer, nut)... I replaced my rubbers last night and I need to double check something. Should'a took a pic ... I got pulled away and my brain is not as good a keeping things in.

Thanks

#1425 5 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Comet has really nice double spot lights, $16.

thanks - I'll consider those - seems the double ones you have to add $4 (19.99 ea)
M

#1426 5 years ago

Had an interesting stuck ball situation... I couldn't find the damned thing!

IMG_8466 (resized).jpgIMG_8466 (resized).jpg
#1427 5 years ago
Quoted from kcZ:

I heard they were going to skip 4 and move to 5.

Which machines are next that you are referring too? 4 and 5? I haven't been on the boards in a while but was able to secure a MBLE.

#1428 5 years ago

Number 25 Le arrived yesterday put it out on location for awhile at Stonehenge in Akron oh.

20181219_183018_Burst01 (resized).jpg20181219_183018_Burst01 (resized).jpg
#1429 5 years ago
Quoted from bohunr:

Which machines are next that you are referring too? 4 and 5? I haven't been on the boards in a while but was able to secure a MBLE.

That was Humor, and speculation fun for whats next

#1430 5 years ago
Quoted from mjpinballs:

Number 25 Le arrived yesterday put it out on location for awhile at Stonehenge in Akron oh.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

You take those pictures with a potato?

#1431 5 years ago
Quoted from fanuminski:

thanks - I'll consider those - seems the double ones you have to add $4 (19.99 ea

Sorry about the original pic. Just wanted to show the spot light install. It does a nice job lighting up the playfield. I used the wide purple (4) Cointaker LEDs.

2E2F7D75-EC50-4916-B6C8-AFFDC44EEA06 (resized).jpeg2E2F7D75-EC50-4916-B6C8-AFFDC44EEA06 (resized).jpeg
#1432 5 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

You take those pictures with a potato?

I have found that these phone cameras do not take good pictures of LEDs. (looks like Rainbow Puke hence the "No Rainbow Puke Club' thread) The LED light does something to the contrast and the light kind of runs altogether instead of being captured individually.

#1433 5 years ago

what is the fascination with purple? I must be missing something...

#1434 5 years ago
Quoted from ShinyBall:

I'm missing the purple.... it all looks like shades of blue to me (sucks being colorblind! )

#1435 5 years ago

I'm going to be waiting for my game for the next few months like this...

232301 (resized).jpg232301 (resized).jpg
#1436 5 years ago

Few months? I don't think it will take that long. I am hoping most of us will be enjoying the game before Feb.

#1437 5 years ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

Few months? I don't think it will take that long. I am hoping most of us will be enjoying the game before Feb.

I ordered late. If they make 100ish games a week and they just started the LEs, they'll be through maybe half of them around the beginning of Feb?

#1438 5 years ago
Quoted from fanuminski:

I'm missing the purple.... it all looks like shades of blue to me (sucks being colorblind! )

In person its much more of a midnight blue and not purple at all. It really looks good. The photos are not doing the game any justice.

#1439 5 years ago

Mine made it this morning...just need a bit of help moving it into the house. Made separate post to ask for help.

Robert

Truck (resized).jpgTruck (resized).jpg

Truck Open (resized).jpgTruck Open (resized).jpg

Box Pic (resized).jpgBox Pic (resized).jpg

#1440 5 years ago
Quoted from ShinyBall:

It's a Prince thing.

#1441 5 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

In person its much more of a midnight blue and not purple at all. It really looks good. The photos are not doing the game any justice.

I believe you. I have seen this in person..more blue then purple, as you said..looks awesome! congrats.

#1442 5 years ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

Mine made it this morning...just need a bit of help moving it into the house. Made separate post to ask for help.
Robert
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

You had some bad luck with your last delivery. This thing better be pristine!!

#1443 5 years ago

Looks like my LE should be delivered tomorrow morning (pending any issues during the final legs of it's transport)!!

#1444 5 years ago
Quoted from brucipher:

Looks like my LE should be delivered tomorrow morning (pending any issues during the final legs of it's transport)!!

what number LE ?

#1445 5 years ago

I still am not 100% clear on how all the shipping/numbering order works. Everyone keeps asking "What number LE" when someone announces their LE is shipping. But I thought it was clarified they don't build and ship them in numerical order? Doesn't it work like this... a) distributor A, B and C get 30, 20, and 10 LE number match allotments. b) buyers go to distributor A, B, and C and place their orders and share their # of their AFMLe so the numbers match c) CGC sends a note to the distributors "collect payment. We are starting to build LE number matches. Send us your payments and numbers for your sold unit d) CGC stamps the numbers on the assembly line with the appropriate submitted number. On the same day they could stamp #5, #200, and #786 right in a row on the assembly line. D) they tell Distributor A that #200 is coming, and Distributor B that #5 is coming, and Distributor C that #786 is coming. E) distributors tell their customers F) customer with #200 posts first "Hey my unit is shipping! G) customer with #5 says "Weird - I'm #5 and I didn't get notice yet. Shouldn't I have been first?

That's a very long example, but I'm just trying to determine if I understand this correctly, or if I'm off base here.

#1446 5 years ago
Quoted from Nytewatch33:

I still am not 100% clear on how all the shipping/numbering order works. Everyone keeps asking "What number LE" when someone announces their LE is shipping. But I thought it was clarified they don't build and ship them in numerical order? Doesn't it work like this... a) distributor A, B and C get 30, 20, and 10 LE number match allotments. b) buyers go to distributor A, B, and C and place their orders and share their # of their AFMLe so the numbers match c) CGC sends a note to the distributors "collect payment. We are starting to build LE number matches. Send us your payments and numbers for your sold unit d) CGC stamps the numbers on the assembly line with the appropriate submitted number. On the same day they could stamp #5, #200, and #786 right in a row on the assembly line. D) they tell Distributor A that #200 is coming, and Distributor B that #5 is coming, and Distributor C that #786 is coming. E) distributors tell their customers F) customer with #200 posts first "Hey my unit is shipping! G) customer with #5 says "Weird - I'm #5 and I didn't get notice yet. Shouldn't I have been first?
That's a very long example, but I'm just trying to determine if I understand this correctly, or if I'm off base here.

Good question: What I was told was that CGC was building the matching LE's first, which appears to be accurate. I was then told by my distributor they were starting at #1 and going up in order so whoever had AFMRLE 1000 would be the last off the LE number matching line. I'm having my doubts thats the case as it appears to be all over the place especially since your #5 and they are delivering numbers that are clearly higher. Possibly what they did was prioritize distributors, and are just building their allotment first? Who knows at this point.

#1447 5 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

what number LE ?

Matching number 985. Order through Automated.

#1448 5 years ago
Quoted from brucipher:

Matching number 985. Order through Automated.

awesome....congrats...clearly what i was told is completely untrue....

#1449 5 years ago

It makes the most sense that they are numbering/shipping per distro rather than piecemeal them out 1 at a time to everyone.

#1450 5 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

It makes the most sense that they are numbering/shipping per distro rather than piecemeal them out 1 at a time to everyone.

How many distros are drop shipping though?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 12.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp
Decals
There are 9,324 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 187.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monster-bash-remake-mbr-owners-club/page/29?hl=datschwandt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.