(Topic ID: 222461)

Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)

By MrSanRamon

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 9,330 posts
  • 732 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 22 hours ago by Dashmonster
  • Topic is favorited by 277 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)”

• I'm in on a CE 77 votes
    9%
  • I'm in on a SE 172 votes
    21%
  • I'm in on a LE 396 votes
    48%
  • I'm out for now 182 votes
    22%

(827 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

wire switch 2 (resized).jpg
R orbit switch (resized).jpg
IMG_4951 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4943 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0464 (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
IMG_3190 (resized).jpeg
Wolfman (resized).jpg
IMG_2467 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4014 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231111_165525077 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20231112-165133 (resized).png
20231110_123120 (resized).jpg
20231105_122730 (resized).jpg
94B393B7-CB09-4AFB-A166-CF0EC7F7F9A0 (resized).jpeg
3D150F78-A1C1-4B31-A9FA-00031163D7C1 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 9,330 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 187.
#1301 5 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

CGC does their own thing....JJP went down the same path and build shitty protectors as well....I was really hoping these would hold up, but apparently thats not the case

Aaah man that is bad news. I had a Cliffy on my original and that held up pretty well in a VERY worn out scoop. Eventually when I restored the game I went for a Mantis, and I think that is holding up well

#1302 5 years ago
Quoted from PBMAN:

Guy's. Just got Pinstadium installed. Agree it is a very dark game. Pic you see is with only 75% of Whites on. Scott (Pinstadium Owner) is a great guy. He helped me put these on yesterday. Different from AFMr instructions. He will be updating his Website. I highly recommend these. You can always get this guy on the Phone.
[quoted image][quoted image]

LOL. Nice try. The GI is off in the before pic. Another fake before pic. Who else is tired of these fake before/after Pinstadium comparison pics in every other thread? No truth in advertising. Dishonest shills everywhere. I think it’s long overdue for the mods to start deleting these scam posts and moderating these shills.

#1303 5 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Generally, you install spotlights at the lower post on the slingshots. Many pins come this way from the factory, so if you elect to add some it doesn't even look like a mod.

Yea that had occurred to me, I was just throwing it out there in case anyone else found a more discrete placement

#1304 5 years ago

LOL. Nice try. The GI is off in the before pic. Another fake before pic.

LOL. You are right....hadn't noticed that.

#1305 5 years ago

LOL. Nice try. The GI is off in the before pic. Another fake before pic. Who else is tired of these fake before/after Pinstadium comparison pics in every other thread? No truth in advertising. Dishonest shills everywhere. I think it’s long overdue for the mods to start deleting these scam posts and moderating these shills.

Nice catch....

#1306 5 years ago
Quoted from tilted81:

So, where are people adding the extra spotlights? Anyone found any slick places that don’t look like shit and still do a good job of adding light? Some of those nifty spotlights from the Deadpool premiums would prolly be easy to hide!

In my original MB when I had it, I added a hex post to each sling with a spotlight on the top tapped into the sling GI. It was perfect in my opinion.

#1307 5 years ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

In my original MB when I had it, I added a hex post to each sling with a spotlight on the top tapped into the sling GI. It was perfect in my opinion.

That's a great idea, I may do that myself. Where approximately did you point these spotlights?

#1308 5 years ago

I still have no idea how he gets so many shills working for him. Don’t see it with any other product.

#1309 5 years ago

Can anyone confirm swapping out the protector for a mantis / cliffy combo voids the warranty?

#1310 5 years ago
Quoted from BOBCADE:

Can anyone confirm swapping out the protector for a mantis / cliffy combo voids the warranty?

Thats a great question....I can't imagine it would, but who the hell knows....clearly this is an issue with CGC, and we all know they are great at supporting warranty issues with small stuff (broken plastics, etc....), but will run when theres play field or cabinet issues

#1311 5 years ago
Quoted from BOBCADE:

how would they know?

#1312 5 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

how would they know?

I suppose there's that angle, other than the mantis drilled holes and as long as there isnt a playfield issue keep trucking. It's not like their playfields are like Stern's

#1313 5 years ago
Quoted from BOBCADE:

I suppose there's that angle, other than the mantis drilled holes and as long as there isnt a playfield issue keep trucking. It's not like their playfields are like Stern's

I don't think anyone has removed the factory protector yet. I wonder if the playfield is cut exactly the same as OEM??

#1314 5 years ago
Quoted from BOBCADE:

Maybe call CGC and ask, just maybe you will get some newer feedback about what they think about their protector too and what they may do about it.

#1315 5 years ago

Yes, i'm a dork. Chicago Gaming has the manual for the machine now on their website (I don't recall seeing it earlier).

https://www.chicago-gaming.com/manuals/MB_Manual_Rev_1.pdf

#1316 5 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I still have no idea how he gets so many shills working for him. Don’t see it with any other product.

Me either. They're pretty much all new members since last year. Remember he was initially doing it himself, spamming every other thread until people got pissed off. Now he has other members doing it for him. Should not be allowed.

#1317 5 years ago

At this point I won't buy pinstadiun simply because I'm sick of the spam. I'll find another lighting solution if I need it.

#1318 5 years ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

Yep ...thats all it really needs on mb.... its missing alot of gi down by the inlanes and slings bc of the phantom flip optos....

#1319 5 years ago

Not sure why you'd want to wash out all the sweet colored light effects by flooding the whole playfield in bright white light. Easier to just turn on a bunch of room lights if that's really what you want. Personally, I want to see all the playfield lighting in its full glory.

Haven't heard a peep on my LE order yet, but I'm not in the matching program since my AFMr is only an SE. Figuring end of January at the earliest anyways...

#1320 5 years ago
Quoted from mjannusch:

Not sure why you'd want to wash out all the sweet colored light effects by flooding the whole playfield in bright white light. Easier to just turn on a bunch of room lights if that's really what you want. Personally, I want to see all the playfield lighting in its full glory.
Haven't heard a peep on my LE order yet, but I'm not in the matching program since my AFMr is only an SE. Figuring end of January at the earliest anyways...

What is the "matching program" if you don't mind me asking?

#1321 5 years ago

If you bought AFMr LE (or MMr LE and AFMr LE, or MMr LE and nobody registered the AFMr LE with the same number), you can match the limited edition number between your machines and get bumped up in the build queue to get yours a little earlier than the other LE purchasers. You would've had to register to do that back in early November, however.

#1322 5 years ago
Quoted from mjannusch:

If you bought AFMr LE (or MMr LE and AFMr LE, or MMr LE and nobody registered the AFMr LE with the same number), you can match the limited edition number between your machines and get bumped up in the build queue to get yours a little earlier than the other LE purchasers. You would've had to register to do that back in early November, however.

Oh that’s pretty cool!

#1323 5 years ago

FYI, my distributor just informed me that my matching LE #456 will be shipped to them by 12/31 from CGC and to me shortly thereafter
So,no special Christmas present but a Happy New Year! All good things in time.

#1324 5 years ago
Quoted from arcadem:

FYI, my distributor just informed me that my matching LE #456 will be shipped to them by 12/31 from CGC and to me shortly thereafter

Who's your distributor?

#1325 5 years ago
Quoted from arcadem:

Game Room Guys. I bought my AFMR LE from them last year too. No problems.

#1326 5 years ago

cab (resized).jpgcab (resized).jpgplay2 (resized).jpgplay2 (resized).jpgplay3 (resized).jpgplay3 (resized).jpg

play1 (resized).jpgplay1 (resized).jpgextendeddmd (resized).jpgextendeddmd (resized).jpg
#1327 5 years ago
Quoted from Captain-Flint:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image][quoted image]

That's nice and all but have you heard of pinstadium?

P I N S T A D I U M
I
N
S
T
A
D
I
U
M

#1328 5 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

That's nice and all but have you heard of pinstadium?
P I N S T A D I U M
I
N
S
T
A
D
I
U
M

Yeah I can’t see the playfield. What game is that?

#1329 5 years ago

So looks like the nonmatching LE's will be shipping out after the new year... A bit of a bummer... But, still cool.
As Tom Petty would say "And the wait is the hardest part!".

#1330 5 years ago

I can see the PF just fine when the horrible purple lights aren't shining.

#1331 5 years ago

The logo/image section of the display is able to be set by the user.

It has the CG co logo...

Anyone wanna make a nice Williams logo to fit that???? It would be neat!

#1332 5 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

The logo/image section of the display is able to be set by the user.
It has the CG co logo...
Anyone wanna make a nice Williams logo to fit that???? It would be neat!

the AFMr had bally on there. I wonder if we can at least lift that....wonder why they didn't do williams for this one.

#1333 5 years ago

OK guys with the SE, how is the upgraded sound package, is it worth the hype?

#1334 5 years ago
Quoted from BOBCADE:

It's not like their playfields are like Stern's

They certainly aren’t any more dimple resistant

#1335 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

the AFMr had bally on there. I wonder if we can at least lift that....wonder why they didn't do williams for this one.

Licensing ... Williams cannot be used it’s still owned by WMS gaming ... I think.

#1336 5 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I’ve got nothing to compare it to... it’s pretty darned good though. I’ve it set to 1/4 ish and it’s plenty loud and clear.

#1337 5 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Sound is great. But the display is awesome! Do not know how the CE is though.

#1338 5 years ago
Quoted from tilted81:

They certainly aren’t any more dimple resistant

Ok, I do not want this thread derailed talking about muddah phutzin dipples or craters or any other “normal wear and tear” issues... I mean, sure the hole protectors are getting BTF, and yeah, you got a dimple or a crater... lets report the things we really see and agree are problems, not go off on any “but mine don’t — but mine does” thirty page rant off. As an owner awaiting his Christmas gift to himself, (albeit a little late, A-hem CGC) I don’t want to sit here and start worrying if my $8000 toy is broken before I even get it out of the fucking box.

Come on, I am begging you people, please...

#1339 5 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Spoiler Alert,
I think the AFMrSE is better, but MBrSE is still miles above MMr. Here is my vote on the 3 remakes for sound.

AFMr
MBr
MMr

So yes, the sound upgrade was still worth it to me.

#1340 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Ok, I do not want this thread derailed talking about muddah phutzin dipples or craters or any other “normal wear and tear” issues... I mean, sure the hole protectors are getting BTF, and yeah, you got a dimple or a crater... lets report the things we really see and agree are problems, not go off on any “but mine don’t — but mine does” thirty page rant off. As an owner awaiting his Christmas gift to himself, (albeit a little late, A-hem CGC) I don’t want to sit here and start worrying if my $8000 toy is broken before I even get it out of the fucking box.
Come on, I am begging you people, please...

LMAO. Hey Bublehead, please forget you read my previous post. I’m sure your machine will have the best sound system in the Universe!

#1341 5 years ago

@plunger069, no we good, I am just chomping at the bit for my MBrLE... I saw the word dimple and went apeshit for a second...

#1342 5 years ago

well....at least it was a condensed version.

#1343 5 years ago

@shinyball, hey I am in an owners thread, and I do respect my other fellow owners... lol. The DP crater thread went on for days, and right now, my dimple nerves are wearing really thin...

#1344 5 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I saw a large review somewhere about a guy comparing the CE to the SE. He said the sound was slightly better on the SE, but nothing worth raving about.

I have the SE. The sound is great, but how often do you come across a year 2010+ pin with bad sound? If this is a deciding factor for you, go with the CE.

And here's some video for anyone thirsty for anything MBr related:

Attract Mode:

Multiball:

#1345 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

shinyball, hey I am in an owners thread, and I do respect my other fellow owners... lol. The DP crater thread went on for days, and right now, my dimple nerves are wearing really thin...

Np....I just be blessed with a short attention span. I was ADD before it was labeled ADD.

#1346 5 years ago

the sound on AFMLE is miles better than MMR LE.

Thats one of the reasons I want the screen upgrade is that it will also have better speakers (hoping at least).

With the CGC logo at the bottom you should be able to upload a Williams one in its place press down and hold select button behind the coin door to get to the CGC menu.

#1347 5 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

the sound on AFMLE is miles better than MMR LE.
Thats one of the reasons I want the screen upgrade is that it will also have better speakers (hoping at least).
With the CGC logo at the bottom you should be able to upload a Williams one in its place press down and hold select button behind the coin door to get to the CGC menu.

As far as amplitude goes the SE/LE can really crank out the decibels. I've played both AFMr and MBr and I feel like the equalization on my MBr is kind of mid to flat compared to AFMr. I don't favor mid-rangey audio which is what MB tends to in my opinion... I don't think this is a function of the audio amp ... I think its a function of the original soundtrack for MB. I would like to adjust the equalization of it... for my old ears. Low end is good and with a shaker it kind of fools you into thinking you've got rumble.

#1348 5 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

As far as amplitude goes the SE/LE can really crank out the decibels. I've played both AFMr and MBr and I feel like the equalization on my MBr is kind of mid to flat compared to AFMr. I don't favor mid-rangey audio which is what MB tends to in my opinion... I don't think this is a function of the audio amp ... I think its a function of the original soundtrack for MB. I would like to adjust the equalization of it... for my old ears. Low end is good and with a shaker it kind of fools you into thinking you've got rumble.

You summed this up nicely. Good job.

#1349 5 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

I could be wrong, but I was thinking I read on MBrLE you could adjust the equalization.

#1350 5 years ago
Quoted from brucipher:

I could be wrong, but I was thinking I read on MBrLE you could adjust the equalization.

I think what I was was a subwoofer balance option in the CGC menu...so probably not a full equalizer or anything like that...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

Machine - For Sale
Shepherdsville, KY
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Greeley, CO
Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lafayette, LA
$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 12.95
$ 33.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 9,330 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 187.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monster-bash-remake-mbr-owners-club/page/27?hl=seenev and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.