(Topic ID: 222461)

Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)

By MrSanRamon

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 9,324 posts
  • 731 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by KidDynamite
  • Topic is favorited by 277 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)”

• I'm in on a CE 77 votes
    9%
  • I'm in on a SE 172 votes
    21%
  • I'm in on a LE 396 votes
    48%
  • I'm out for now 182 votes
    22%

(827 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

wire switch 2 (resized).jpg
R orbit switch (resized).jpg
IMG_4951 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4943 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0464 (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
IMG_3190 (resized).jpeg
Wolfman (resized).jpg
IMG_2467 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4014 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231111_165525077 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20231112-165133 (resized).png
20231110_123120 (resized).jpg
20231105_122730 (resized).jpg
94B393B7-CB09-4AFB-A166-CF0EC7F7F9A0 (resized).jpeg
3D150F78-A1C1-4B31-A9FA-00031163D7C1 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 9,324 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 187.
#1251 5 years ago

iPhones cost hundred dollars to make and sell for 1300. As long as people pay it price won't change

#1252 5 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

iPhones cost hundred dollars to make and sell for 1300. As long as people pay it price won't change

what iPhone have u paid $1300 for?

#1253 5 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

what iPhone have u paid $1300 for?

Iphone Xs Max w/ 256GB is $1250, or it's $1450 for 512GB of storage

#1254 5 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I couldn't agree more.....

+1

#1255 5 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

False. An iPhone x is estimated to have $370.25 in parts, not counting assembly labor, packaging, shipping, marketing, R&D, etc. It's a big margin but a hundred bucks? Not even close.

#1256 5 years ago

FFS - for all the folks complaining about lighting on a new game, that has LEDs, and don't want to turn on a light but will spend hundreds on added "custom mod" lighting --- buy this to light up where the ball is..........

lite (resized).jpglite (resized).jpg
#1257 5 years ago
Quoted from bigdog50:

FFS - for all the folks complaining about lighting on a new game, that has LEDs, and don't want to turn on a light but will spend hundreds on added "custom mod" lighting --- buy this to light up where the ball is..........[quoted image]

I think people think pinstadium is sold to folks who have trouble seeing the ball. For me at least I can see the ball fine. I would like to make the lightning on the pf more balanced so no dark spots bc I like the way it looks. You could almost say I have trouble seeing the pf!

As for the Aussy mailing his product to the states, there was a guy here in pinside who does mods and actually offered the same pinstadium product but reaction of the cost. Apparently he was pressured into stop selling them for whatever reason. I thought that was dumb as good competition is better for the consumer.

#1258 5 years ago

Maybe Steve at Pinball Refinery will come out with a more reasonably priced kit for it.

#1259 5 years ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

Go here and search for "Equinox": https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vehicles-that-a-pinball-machine-fits-in
I don't think any SUV will take a machine in the box, except maybe a Hummer.
Robert

Jeep Wrangler 4 door will handle a machine in box.

#1260 5 years ago
Quoted from bigdog50:

FFS - for all the folks complaining about lighting on a new game, that has LEDs, and don't want to turn on a light but will spend hundreds on added "custom mod" lighting --- buy this to light up where the ball is..........[quoted image]

Monsters are supposed to be in the dark - not blindingly bright light

I don't get the current obsession with making games brighter and brighter, until your retinas go pop!

#1261 5 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Monsters are supposed to be in the dark - not blindingly bright light
I don't get the current obsession with making games brighter and brighter, until your retinas go pop!

We’re all getting older. Harder to see the ball.

#1263 5 years ago

I hope we get to see some pics of LEs in new owners homes this week!

#1264 5 years ago

Everyone has an opinion, I personally think darkness is as important to light in effects and I find pinstadium too much. That being said I look forward to seeing my friend's Maiden with it but doubt it will get me on board. Cost is too high as well and I'd rather send that cash towards another colordmd or another pinsound.

#1265 5 years ago
Quoted from brucipher:

I hope we get to see some pics of LEs in new owners homes this week!

Mine is going to be delivered on Wednesday. Pictures to come.

#1266 5 years ago

Delivery Info (resized).jpgDelivery Info (resized).jpg

#1267 5 years ago

Mine also ships out today LE 25

#1268 5 years ago

Guy's. Just got Pinstadium installed. Agree it is a very dark game. Pic you see is with only 75% of Whites on. Scott (Pinstadium Owner) is a great guy. He helped me put these on yesterday. Different from AFMr instructions. He will be updating his Website. I highly recommend these. You can always get this guy on the Phone.

IMG_0077 (resized).jpgIMG_0077 (resized).jpgIMG_0078 (resized).jpgIMG_0078 (resized).jpg
#1269 5 years ago

WHAT? Is that 2nd picture even real? lol. Way too bright, but I know you're just doing this to show the possible change.

I think 25% would be perfect. I'm going to be installing mine tomorrow, so I hope those instructions are good to go by then.

#1270 5 years ago

Its real. You can dummy them. Here is a pic at 30%. No whites make it all Blue. If his Website isn't updated PM me I can tell you what to do. You can also call Scott. Don't want to give his cell out but if you PM him he will call you.

IMG_0080 (resized).jpgIMG_0080 (resized).jpg
#1271 5 years ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

WHAT? Is that 2nd picture even real? lol. Way too bright, but I know you're just doing this to show the possible change.
I think 25% would be perfect. I'm going to be installing mine tomorrow, so I hope those instructions are good to go by then.

When you take photos of LEDs, the camera can never capture the look as you see it in person - i bet this is way more extreme than it really looks

#1272 5 years ago

The great thing with the Pinstadium App is you can play with the Color Wheel and make it look however you want. Last pic I promise. This is all UV. Brightness 25%

IMG_0081 (resized).jpgIMG_0081 (resized).jpg
#1273 5 years ago

This post is just one simple man's request to stop w/ the pinstadium stuff here.. I'll be sure to cover all the point counter points for future reference regardless of whatever side of the argument you're on.

MBr is too dark / That's just the camera, the lighting doesn't photograph well
Pinstadium makes it brighter / Cool, but I prefer the lighting as it was intended or a spot or two added instead.
Pinstadium makes it too bright or the colors don't look good / It's all adjustable via the cool mobile app
I lift the playfield up often and don't want anything in the way / It's just a magnet that easily removes

If you actually have something else to add, I'd be surprised.. everything else is just noise we've all heard before.

Now keep the pictures of new arrivals coming, and what #LE you have so we can keep up to date! Also, any more news on the scoop protector issues?

#1274 5 years ago
Quoted from mjpinballs:

Mine also ships out today LE 25

Can you guys that get the early LE's post some pics and feedback?? It looks like mine is going to be next year...... Gives me some time to splain to the GF why I had to spend $12,000.00 (that's our cost here in the great white north) on another toy lol

#1275 5 years ago
Quoted from PBMAN:

Guy's. Just got Pinstadium installed. Agree it is a very dark game. Pic you see is with only 75% of Whites on. Scott (Pinstadium Owner) is a great guy. He helped me put these on yesterday. Different from AFMr instructions. He will be updating his Website. I highly recommend these. You can always get this guy on the Phone.
[quoted image][quoted image]

So gotta ask... How do you lift the playfield with these on? Do you have to take these off? Will they reattach properly? What if you've got pinblades installed? Won't they ruin them if you have to take them off?
Ok.. Now back to Monster Bash remake

#1276 5 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

So gotta ask... How do you lift the playfield with these on? Do you have to take these off? Will they reattach properly? What if you've got pinblades installed? Won't they ruin them if you have to take them off?
Ok.. Now back to Monster Bash remake

They are on magnets and you do have to remove them if you lift the playfield. I have a set on my Metallica and they do work good BUT as someone else stated a bit overpriced for what they are. I can't see the need on the MB with the upgraded lighting but to each their own.Enough of the free advertising for them - post some pics of the game or at least keep it ON TOPIC!!

#1277 5 years ago
Quoted from zpinman370:

They are on magnets and you do have to remove them if you lift the playfield. I have a set on my Metallica and they do work good BUT as someone else stated a bit overpriced for what they are. I can't see the need on the MB with the upgraded lighting but to each their own.Enough of the free advertising for them - post some pics of the game or at least keep it ON TOPIC!!

He was joking

#1278 5 years ago

I mean..I don't really care one way or the other, to me the above IS a discussion for the game. People are expressing their opinions of extras that may or may not be needed. I find that useful. If there were other things to show/talk about it would be happening. It isn't.

More importantly though is the discussion around the protectors and if we need to order different ones.

#1279 5 years ago

So, where are people adding the extra spotlights? Anyone found any slick places that don’t look like shit and still do a good job of adding light? Some of those nifty spotlights from the Deadpool premiums would prolly be easy to hide!

#1280 5 years ago

My take on pinball protectors... Nice if you got them, great if installed day 1, and if they are getting beat up because you are playing your machine a lot... just wait till the honeymoon is over, replace the protectors and everything will be fine...

Unless this is your only machine, then you are pretty much screwed into keeping it pristine all the time, waxing it weekly, if it had tires, you would kick them and keep them inflated to exact company specs and change the oil every 3000 miles, rerubber it quarterly, replace the balls after every 200 games, have a custom dust cover made with matching title logos, check the playfield angle after every 10 plays, replace the leg levelers at the first signs of rust, keep the shades drawn, the lights dim, and avoid all direct light that might fade the artwork, powder coat all exposed metal in baby shit metalic flake transparent green, replace all GI lamps with color cycling LEDs, replace all tungsten lamps with LEDs, over pay for a custom, one of a kind Halloween decoration topper with glowing eyes and pay to replace your driver board after shorting it out while trying to install the topper without turning off the power, over pay for a stair crawling appliance dolly to climb the three steps up your front porch, buy every mod and semi-bling item you can find on Pinball Life, Marco Specialties, Planetary Pinball, Lermods, the Modfather, and every mod you can find from tom, dick, or harry and even including the spanish guy developing a hologram mod for a machine you don’t even own, have your livingroom repainted and redecorated to match the theme of your machine, plus buy every non-pinball machine related item that even remotely ties in to the theme of your machine, buy a mousepad and poster of the backglass, have the artwork tatooed onto the back of your freshly waxed backside, after paying the local landscaper $50 to weedwack your heavily overgrown manscaped behind, get the machine’s sales flyer matted and framed and hung up on the wall next to it, buy every machine specific part that may never actually fail and place them in storage for all eternity, but a second machine and keep in locked NIB in a windowless undisclosed location warehouse to be used to resurect the original machine if it happens to get a little leg curl on the cabinet decal which you found during your yearly cabinet decal leg curl discovery expedition. Yeah, pin ownership has it’s foibles...

#1281 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

My take on pinball protectors... Nice if you got them, great if installed day 1, and if they are getting beat up because you are playing your machine a lot... just wait till the honeymoon is over, replace the protectors and everything will be fine...
Unless this is your only machine, then you are pretty much screwed into keeping it pristine all the time, waxing it weekly, if it had tires, you would kick them and keep them inflated to exact company specs and change the oil every 3000 miles, rerubber it quarterly, replace the balls after every 200 games, have a custom dust cover made with matching title logos, check the playfield angle after every 10 plays, replace the leg levelers at the first signs of rust, keep the shades drawn, the lights dim, and avoid all direct light that might fade the artwork, powder coat all exposed metal in baby shit metalic flake transparent green, replace all GI lamps with color cycling LEDs, replace all tungsten lamps with LEDs, over pay for a custom, one of a kind Halloween decoration topper with glowing eyes and pay to replace your driver board after shorting it out while trying to install the topper without turning off the power, over pay for a stair crawling appliance dolly to climb the three steps up your front porch, buy every mod and semi-bling item you can find on Pinball Life, Marco Specialties, Planetary Pinball, Lermods, the Modfather, and every mod you can find from tom, dick, or harry and even including the spanish guy developing a hologram mod for a machine you don’t even own, have your livingroom repainted and redecorated to match the theme of your machine, plus buy every non-pinball machine related item that even remotely ties in to the theme of your machine, buy a mousepad and poster of the backglass, have the artwork tatooed onto the back of your freshly waxed backside, after paying the local landscaper $50 to weedwack your heavily overgrown manscaped behind, get the machine’s sales flyer matted and framed and hung up on the wall next to it, buy every machine specific part that may never actually fail and place them in storage for all eternity, but a second machine and keep in locked NIB in a windowless undisclosed location warehouse to be used to resurect the original machine if it happens to get a little leg curl on the cabinet decal which you found during your yearly cabinet decal leg curl discovery expedition. Yeah, pin ownership has it’s foibles...

Look, that's all great advice if you plan to just trash your machine. But me, I'm planning to take good care of my pin. Sheesh - some guys just don't take care of their things.

#1282 5 years ago

I had too many beers today, I can't read all that.

#1283 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

You must speak from experience. Lol

#1284 5 years ago
Quoted from corvair61:

You must speak from experience. Lol

We are all young and dumb in the beginning...

#1285 5 years ago

My Special Edition arrived !!!

https://photos.app.goo.gl/QYfU5yE8kN3eaegU8

All I can say is WOW! This is a TON of fun!

It is FAST! Ball save of 3 seconds is a must for me!

Adjust the strength of the upkicker of the hole ... it flys out at blinding speed!

Yes the hole protector is already banged up after about 20 games... but not horribly.

It’s super colorful!!! The RGB effect is spectacular!!! It’s plenty bright for me... but I don’t play in a dark room. If it were in a dark room... when it cycles to blue or low light... for some...they may want a little bit more light in the lower playfield area... HOWEVER I only see this effect in attract mode... not during play.. there is just so much going on.

Not much to critique... I was one of those guys that thought he wanted a playfield protector... no friggin way... the amount of disassembly needed to install it ...in itself isn’t worth it! Just play the damned thing and enjoy!!!

46E3C590-32AC-4F1C-873C-C76CBF6B8C4C (resized).jpeg46E3C590-32AC-4F1C-873C-C76CBF6B8C4C (resized).jpeg
#1286 5 years ago

Man I wonder what the story is with the protector? Do the CGC games come with real Cliffys, or are they a CGC special? The thin line protector seems like it’s actually a better protector than the original one

#1287 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Man I wonder what the story is with the protector? Do the CGC games come with real Cliffys, or are they a CGC special? The thin line protector seems like it’s actually a better protector than the original one

Man I don’t know ... the ball action is crazy in that area. There are a ton of different shots in a small area ... lots of mini air balls in the upper playfield. It’s really fast !

#1288 5 years ago

As long as the hole protector doesnt damage the ball, I say let it dent away, but put a scratch on a ball within 20 plays, now we need to talk... scratched up balls and balls with a nick can do some nasty surface damage pretty quickly.

#1289 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

CGC does their own thing....JJP went down the same path and build shitty protectors as well....I was really hoping these would hold up, but apparently thats not the case

#1290 5 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

My Special Edition arrived !!!

All I can say is WOW! This is a TON of fun!
It is FAST! Ball save of 3 seconds is a must for me!
Adjust the strength of the upkicker of the hole ... it flys out at blinding speed!
Yes the hole protector is already banged up after about 20 games... but not horribly.
It’s super colorful!!! The RGB effect is spectacular!!! It’s plenty bright for me... but I don’t play in a dark room. If it were in a dark room... when it cycles to blue or low light... for some...they may want a little bit more light in the lower playfield area... HOWEVER I only see this effect in attract mode... not during play.. there is just so much going on.
Not much to critique... I was one of those guys that thought he wanted a playfield protector... no friggin way... the amount of disassembly needed to install it ...in itself isn’t worth it! Just play the damned thing and enjoy!!!
[quoted image]

Congrats! Btw nice space invaders in the background. I remember playing a machine exactly like that at the movie theater in my town back in the day. Is that an origina/refurb or a remake? Anyway back to the topic at hand. I can't wait for my MBr!

#1291 5 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

It blows my mind you guys will pay 200 bucks for 2 $5.00 LED strips instead of making your own. One born every minute.

everything you buy at walmart is marked up 300 percent. jeeze you cheapskates out there. i dont have the time to be fussing around. pinstadiums well made and easy for me to install. worth the money to me.
mb le on order. pinstadiums in stock. invisiglass in stock. i have diabetes and my eyes are getting “old” need the lighting to see the ball.

#1292 5 years ago
Quoted from Nytewatch33:

Congrats! Btw nice space invaders in the background. I remember playing a machine exactly like that at the movie theater in my town back in the day. Is that an origina/refurb or a remake? Anyway back to the topic at hand. I can't wait for my MBr!

Yeah I restored that Space Invaders. I still love it... its better than new.

#1293 5 years ago

I turned down the pops and the flippers to minimum strength. Gameplay seems chaotic at full strength. The center target almost always causes an air ball... its much better at min setting, the ball seems to be staying at a lower altitude now.

#1294 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Choose life... But why would I want to do a thing like that? I chose not to choose life: I chose something else. And the reasons? There are no reasons. Who needs reasons when you've got pinball?

#1295 5 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

everything you buy at walmart is marked up 300 percent. jeeze you cheapskates out there. i dont have the time to be fussing around. pinstadiums well made and easy for me to install. worth the money to me.
mb le on order. pinstadiums in stock. invisiglass in stock. i have diabetes and my eyes are getting “old” need the lighting to see the ball.

I find that if I lose some weight it makes it easier to see my balls

#1296 5 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

I turned down the pops and the flippers to minimum strength. Gameplay seems chaotic at full strength. The center target almost always causes an air ball... its much better at min setting, the ball seems to be staying at a lower altitude now.

Did you just wax the playfield? Fresh wax can cause a speed up until it wears down.

#1297 5 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

Did you just wax the playfield? Fresh wax can cause a speed up until it wears down.

No I didn't wax the playfield... I'm surprised other people who have these wouldn't consider this adjustment. I mean... it really throws the ball hard. I am using silverjet balls, not the factory balls that came with the machine.

#1298 5 years ago

I got my email today for payment due on MBrLE #240! It will be on location next to big brother AFMrLE at The Flipper Room in Concord, CA. Unboxing/setup photos will be posted.

Quoted from Bublehead:

get the machine’s sales flyer matted and framed and hung up on the wall next to it

BTW...The Flipper Room is located within a full service picture framing facility (APF - The Art of Picture Framing). If you're in Northern California, come on by to play some pins and get your pinball related items, or anything else, framed!

#1299 5 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

pinstadium product looks pretty nice, but its not $250 nice....I just added spot lights from comet on my WOZ and TZ....worked perfect...

Thats what I do if/when a pin is too dark. Plus I can still lift my playfield.

#1300 5 years ago
Quoted from tilted81:

So, where are people adding the extra spotlights? Anyone found any slick places that don’t look like shit and still do a good job of adding light? Some of those nifty spotlights from the Deadpool premiums would prolly be easy to hide!

Generally, you install spotlights at the lower post on the slingshots. Many pins come this way from the factory, so if you elect to add some it doesn't even look like a mod.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 12.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp
Decals
There are 9,324 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 187.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monster-bash-remake-mbr-owners-club/page/26?hl=wizwiggy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.