(Topic ID: 222461)

Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)

By MrSanRamon

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 9,329 posts
  • 732 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 28 hours ago by mbeardsley
  • Topic is favorited by 277 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)”

• I'm in on a CE 77 votes
    9%
  • I'm in on a SE 172 votes
    21%
  • I'm in on a LE 396 votes
    48%
  • I'm out for now 182 votes
    22%

(827 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

wire switch 2 (resized).jpg
R orbit switch (resized).jpg
IMG_4951 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4943 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0464 (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
IMG_3190 (resized).jpeg
Wolfman (resized).jpg
IMG_2467 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4014 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231111_165525077 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20231112-165133 (resized).png
20231110_123120 (resized).jpg
20231105_122730 (resized).jpg
94B393B7-CB09-4AFB-A166-CF0EC7F7F9A0 (resized).jpeg
3D150F78-A1C1-4B31-A9FA-00031163D7C1 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 9,329 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 187.
#1201 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Well seeing the LE gets you two years of warranty, I'm hoping I won't need to fight for two years with their warranty validation system... who ever is in charge of warranties at CGC... hello? McFly? Think, McFly... you wouldn't want to have to deal with ME for the next 2 years would you? You're new here, so I'm going ro cut you a little slack. So why don't you make like a tree and get out of here?

I never had any issues what so ever on warranty issues with CGC....that being said they clearly have administration issues....

#1202 5 years ago
Quoted from Scoot:

Get that Stormtrooper helmet off that Star Trek! Really??!

Personally I like the irony .

#1203 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

As an owner of AFM LE, that game desperately needed pinstadium. I can see this being different due to additional GI. We'll see.

Shows how different we are.

I thought AFMR was one of the brightest games I have ever seen!

#1204 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

As an owner of AFM LE, that game desperately needed pinstadium. I can see this being different due to additional GI. We'll see.

Mb is a dark pin and i dont believe there are extra lights on the le ...just rgb gi which will actually make it darker depending on the gi color at any given time.

#1205 5 years ago

AFMr's are too bright on their insert intesity... in a dimly lit barcade, I am blinded by how bright they are... and strobe multi ball is exactly as frustrating since with no lights, you barely see ball images let alone any trails to follow ball movement. So if I owned a AFMr, I would look into trying to balance it out a little.

#1206 5 years ago

#1207 5 years ago
Quoted from Scoot:

Get that Stormtrooper helmet off that Star Trek! Really??!

It is on a shelf behind the Star Trek. Star Wars used to be there. lol.

#1208 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

First one? Not including "test' ones right?

Found a prototype.

IMG_6883 (resized).jpgIMG_6883 (resized).jpg
#1209 5 years ago
Quoted from pinmaniac:

Found a prototype.
[quoted image]

Is that what the LE numbered plaque will look like?

#1210 5 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Shows how different we are.

I thought AFMR was one of the brightest games I have ever seen!

I love how bright it is. Its also the one game that my wife can't play in a dark room because she's sensitive to bright lights.

#1211 5 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

Is that what the LE numbered plaque will look like?

My understanding is yes but I am no expert.

#1212 5 years ago
Quoted from pinmaniac:

My understanding is yes but I am no expert.

Brian - looks awesome! I've got #257 on order so we will have a couple on Florida's First Coast!

#1213 5 years ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

Some people have said that this game needs lights, aka pinstadium. I think that all versions are bright, especially the LE with the Mirror Blades...
So I have no worries that the MBRLE won't be bright!

Here’s my SE in the dark, set to max brightness with warm white on G.I.

Not as bright as you guys are thinking and why I ordered Pinstadium lighting for the game.

36F8A71F-C26B-429F-B96C-12B8521576E2 (resized).jpeg36F8A71F-C26B-429F-B96C-12B8521576E2 (resized).jpeg
#1214 5 years ago

wow! Pinstadium here I come. Thanks for posting that. WAAAAAAAAAAY too dark.

#1215 5 years ago
Quoted from tktlwyr:

Not as bright as you guys are thinking and why I ordered Pinstadium lighting for the game.
[quoted image]

Not sure what kind of camera or settings you are using, but here's my CE with just a blue trough light taken with a pixel xl2, no flash, pitch black room. It's not dark at all.

IMG_20181214_214031 (resized).jpgIMG_20181214_214031 (resized).jpg

#1216 5 years ago

It blows my mind you guys will pay 200 bucks for 2 $5.00 LED strips instead of making your own. One born every minute.

#1217 5 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

It blows my mind you guys will pay 200 bucks for 2 $5.00 LED strips instead of making your own. One born every minute.

no you're exactly right - 2 $5 led strips is exactly what they are. Wifi application and all. Thank you for clarifying.

#1218 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

no you're exactly right - 2 $5 led strips is exactly what they are. Wifi application and all. Thank you for clarifying.

Oh Pardon me.. I didn't realize there was an app that changed the colors. Never mind. What a value.

#1219 5 years ago

Or just turn on an overhead light.

#1220 5 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

Oh Pardon me.. I didn't realize there was an app that changed the colors. Never mind. What a value.

no I like just your $5 led strip comment. That alone was enough value for 1 night.

#1221 5 years ago

Deez saw mine last night and hated everything about it. Lol

#1222 5 years ago
Quoted from corvair61:

fattdirk saw mine last night and hated everything about it. Lol

The lighting was way too dim. Playfield dimpled too much. Cliffy too bent up. Price too damn high!! If he would've thrown some pinstaidums, a PF protector and a mantis on it. It might be acceptable.

#1223 5 years ago

^^^^^^^

That’s the Deez I know!!!!

#1224 5 years ago

pinstadium product looks pretty nice, but its not $250 nice....I just added spot lights from comet on my WOZ and TZ....worked perfect...

#1225 5 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Not sure what kind of camera or settings you are using, but here's my CE with just a blue trough light taken with a pixel xl2, no flash, pitch black room. It's not dark at all.
[quoted image]

Thats still pretty dark imo... and the se/le use different lighting compared to the mbr classic. I had a restored original with the brightest leds and overall still very dark especially near the flippers and slings. A few well placed spot lights fix the issue tho.

#1226 5 years ago
Quoted from tktlwyr:

[quoted image]

Issue with mb lighting is there are not many gi bulbs in the sling/ inlane area bc of the phantom flip optos.

#1227 5 years ago

Why do you guys play in a completely dark room? Turn on the lights

#1228 5 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

I like playing in the dark too especially at night. I don't like all the other light to be on.

#1229 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Any LE owners want to measure their box and let me know the dimensions? I may need to haul mine from my friends house because we are having our LEs shipped together to save a little on shipping. But I only have a Chevy Equinox SUV to pick it up. Not sure NIB LE will fit in an Equinox, and I am guessing not

Search the forums here, lots of mentions of Equinox by various years. Sounds like you would need to unbox it.

#1230 5 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

I only play my games in the dark and with the sound way up. I love having the full effect. However, I agree if you have an issue with lighting, then I suppose you can just play with the room lights on. Personally, I would just add a couple of spot lights, which are cheap, easy to install, and effective.

#1231 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I like playing in the dark too especially at night. I don't like all the other light to be on.

Agreed.. i love playing in complete darkness as the lighting effect are really amped up.

#1232 5 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

I only play my games in the dark and with the sound way up. I love having the full effect. However, I agree if you have an issue with lighting, then I suppose you can just play with the room lights on. Personally, I would just add a couple of spot lights, which are cheap, easy to install, and effective.

When I play the lights are always on in the room, giving the same affect as playing anywhere else. My friends do the same. Never played pinball in a dark room anywhere and I have been playing for over 60 plus years. It's just a matter of personal preference. After all it's something that as of yet, we haven't been told how to do or a law to be broken.

#1233 5 years ago

I play in a dark room, but I have a pool table and I turn the pool table light on to give some light. That being said, I just put Pinstadium in TSPP (which a lot of people think is bright enough already) and what a difference. Go ahead and put $5 strip lighting in your machine, but I'll gladly stick with Pinstadium. The design is what you are paying for, and I am not screwing around with my MB, it will be getting the finest treatment.

#1234 5 years ago

I have Pin Stadiums on my MMr and it's next to AFMrLE and it's unbelievable to me what a difference there is when one game has it and the other doesn't. That being said AFM has great lighting but once you add pin stadiums and you play a game immediately after that game on a non Pin stadium game it's a drastic difference. I'm gonna wait till my LE gets here and see if they are needed imo. Waiting for my matching # game to be built, was really hoping xmas came on time for me but that's ok I'm taking delivery of Deadpool Pro ( 1st pro I've ever bought vs an le or premium ) Tuesday for my xmas gift to me

#1235 5 years ago
Quoted from greenhorn1:

Or just turn on an overhead light.

This is what I did... I do own a set of Pinstadiums that are just sitting on my work bench right now. But I am afraid that the pinstadiums would washout that great light show on the SE. When everything is Green for Creature Feature or Red for Drac Attack. I just have a small overhead spotlight.

#1236 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

But I only have a Chevy Equinox SUV to pick it up. Not sure NIB LE will fit in an Equinox, and I am guessing not

Go here and search for "Equinox": https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vehicles-that-a-pinball-machine-fits-in

I don't think any SUV will take a machine in the box, except maybe a Hummer.

Robert

#1237 5 years ago
Quoted from Captain-Flint:

This is what I did... I do own a set of Pinstadiums that are just sitting on my work bench right now. But I am afraid that the pinstadiums would washout that great light show on the SE. When everything is Green for Creature Feature or Red for Drac Attack. I just have a small overhead spotlight.

Yeah that's a good point. I'm going to prob wait for mine to arrive before buying. In certain games they Don't do well like alien. I took them off. So I'll wait and see

#1238 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Yeah that's a good point. I'm going to prob wait for mine to arrive before buying. In certain games they Don't do well like alien. I took them off. So I'll wait and see

They changed my Black Rose for sure... I am a huge fan. But as of right now they are not going on my MB. Maybe the next 90's pin I get.

#1239 5 years ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

I'm in total agreement with you. Great video!

I took the video at expo and the room was very bright.

#1240 5 years ago

I have some basic questions about Pinstadium. I'm a relative newb (only owned WOZ before). If I wanted to light up my playfield a bit with Pinstadium, but have the colors change to match drac, creature (red/green) - could I do that by adding to GI module to the basic set?

#1241 5 years ago

The drastic difference going from one to the other is because your eyes need to adjust from being blasted.

I keep hearing people talk about how dark and hard it is to see balls.. Can't say I've ever had that issue..and I generally play in a dimly lit room.

#1242 5 years ago

Just added mirror blades and a $10 plasma thingy to our MBr CE.

Here are a couple videos showing some gameplay, lighting in a very dimly lit room, and the plasma thingy doing it's thingy.

Gameplay video:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/8iEwbXmiqi6c9gL5A

Plasma thingy video:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/VGGLkrMmeGiW7DgXA

20181215_132230 (resized).jpg20181215_132230 (resized).jpg20181215_132245 (resized).jpg20181215_132245 (resized).jpg20181215_132303 (resized).jpg20181215_132303 (resized).jpg
#1243 5 years ago
Quoted from JeffF:

Just added mirror blades and a $10 plasma thingy to our MBr CE.
Here are a couple videos showing some gameplay, lighting in a very dimly lit room, and the plasma thingy doing it's thingy.
Gameplay video:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/8iEwbXmiqi6c9gL5A
Plasma thingy video:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/VGGLkrMmeGiW7DgXA
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

It looks like your plasma disc is always on so receiving constant power. I struggled to get it interactive in the game as Cgc has disabled the feature in the CE. If you are running it off the GI, there’s a good chance it won’t last long as the disc is a 3v unit and the gi is 5/6v

Here’s mine in the SE, interactive. we put a nice cover over it too.

#1244 5 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

If you are running it off the GI, there’s a good chance it won’t last long as the disc is a 3v unit and the gi is 5/6v

Using a 3.3v regulator...
https://www.sparkfun.com/products/526

And yeah, I checked all those pins that the SE/LE use and they all look to be deactivated. Not surprising but it would have been nice to DIY the SE/LE features.

#1245 5 years ago
Quoted from JeffF:

Using a 3.3v regulator...
https://www.sparkfun.com/products/526
And yeah, I checked all those pins that the SE/LE use and they all look to be deactivated. Not surprising but it would have been nice to DIY the SE/LE features.

It tells you in the manual that they specifically deactived in the CE all the cool features of the SE and le, disappointing. Since you seem well inclined, You should do an led strip in the coffin, just solder to the flasher board below the pf.

#1246 5 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

It looks like your plasma disc is always on so receiving constant power. I struggled to get it interactive in the game as Cgc has disabled the feature in the CE. If you are running it off the GI, there’s a good chance it won’t last long as the disc is a 3v unit and the gi is 5/6v
Here’s mine in the SE, interactive. we put a nice cover over it too.

When will you have that available for sale? I would love to put that mod on my SE.

#1247 5 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

When will you have that available for sale? I would love to put that mod on my SE.

We are having the frame of the disk 3d printed, I'd guess we will have it ready late next week or the week after. If you or anyone is interested, PM me and I'll email you when they become available before we list it. I'll have about 10-15 of these in the first batch. Not entirely sure on price yet, probably around $70 depending on printing cost.

#1248 5 years ago

Pin stadiums are brilliant and add extra tricks that diy can’t offer, but they are definitely over priced. I have made a full RGB set, magnet equiped, wifi adapter and colour changing app for about $35 Australian dollars. Look brilliant.

#1249 5 years ago
Quoted from Flynnyfalcon:

Pin stadiums are brilliant and add extra tricks that diy can’t offer, but they are definitely over priced. I have made a full RGB set, magnet equiped, wifi adapter and colour changing app for about $35 Australian dollars. Look brilliant.

Start shipping those to the States for $100 and you’d be a pretty popular guy!

#1250 5 years ago
Quoted from Ray_Ayala:

Start shipping those to the States for $100 and you’d be a pretty popular guy!

I couldn't agree more.....

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 33.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

Machine - For Sale
Shepherdsville, KY
12,125 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
St. Paul, MN
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 12.95
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 9,329 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 187.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monster-bash-remake-mbr-owners-club/page/25 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.