(Topic ID: 222461)

Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)

By MrSanRamon

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 9,332 posts
  • 732 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by KingMixer
  • Topic is favorited by 277 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)”

• I'm in on a CE 77 votes
    9%
  • I'm in on a SE 172 votes
    21%
  • I'm in on a LE 396 votes
    48%
  • I'm out for now 182 votes
    22%

(827 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

wire switch 2 (resized).jpg
R orbit switch (resized).jpg
IMG_4951 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4943 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0464 (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
IMG_3190 (resized).jpeg
Wolfman (resized).jpg
IMG_2467 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4014 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231111_165525077 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20231112-165133 (resized).png
20231110_123120 (resized).jpg
20231105_122730 (resized).jpg
94B393B7-CB09-4AFB-A166-CF0EC7F7F9A0 (resized).jpeg
3D150F78-A1C1-4B31-A9FA-00031163D7C1 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 9,332 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 187.
#1151 5 years ago
Quoted from tomtest:

I have a couple hundred games on my SE and the protector is beat to hell.

damn that's disappointing to hear.

#1152 5 years ago
Quoted from Soltic:

Side is dented near back at scoop - really hard for good pic.
Black around scoop in at front and near back on side is not blackline artwork but shadow where the protector is lifting / deforming.
[quoted image]
Best way to show damage will be to remove protector and shoot it in same position of factory pic above in thread.
Safe to say that the mantis / cliffy style cgc piece on ours is not faring that great compared to true cliffy / mantis protection.
Again, I wonder if tightening the screws on the rubber feet can add more compression and keep the protector more flat...
If that is the case, will probably have to remove to flatten the edges before tring to get it to sit flat again.

I'm glad I bought the Cliffy and Mantis protectors. It looks I might need to install them before I play my 1st ball.

#1153 5 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

I'm glad I bought the Cliffy and Mantis protectors. It looks I might need to install them before I play my 1st ball.

Hope this will be fixed before the LEs take over the assembly line.

#1154 5 years ago

Don't count on it. I think the LEs are on the line right now.

#1155 5 years ago

Shipping my first MBR LE today. So they will be rolling out to more customers this week

Larry
Flip N Out Pinball

#1156 5 years ago
Quoted from flipnout1:

Shipping my first MBR LE today. So they will be rolling out to more customers this week

That's my game!

Robert

#1157 5 years ago
Quoted from Soltic:

Doug is on it, right now we surmise I may be localised w the issue due to the lack of others responding noting similarities and that cgc has tested this well - protector may have shipped a little high and therefore being hit hard and deforming without support of pf directly underneath.
So check yours when you receive and adjust prior to play - expect cgc is filtering any reported issues into current qc on the line.
Will update as we proceed but I do believe Doug’s info that testing was completed properly. That and lack of response from other owners claiming same issue most likely makes this an irregularity.

I appreciate this. I've never bought a NIB game before, and it seems to me like Doug and CGC are really working hard to track and address issues. At first I was feeling a bit jealous that I couldn't get one of the 1st LE's off the line as I don't qualify for a number matched machine, but honestly I'm kind of liking my position in line right now as that may give CGC time to make adjustments. This isn't meant to make any number matchers feel bad (I still probably would opt to get my machine if I could right now..heh) but at least it's a possible consolation that a few kinks might get worked out. Let's face it - that's pretty typical for any product. Being an early adopter has it's price (but also its rewards of course!).

Regarding this particular issue - it does sound like it needs fixing as several other owners have chimed in on this. I read earlier in this thread that if you want to install a mantis you likely have to remove the main circuit board and pre-drill some pilot holes for the mantis. I wouldn't be that concerned about doing this myself, but it was also mentioned you might void the warranty doing this? In that case I obviously would never do this. Thoughts?

#1158 5 years ago
Quoted from Nytewatch33:

I appreciate this. I've never bought a NIB game before, and it seems to me like Doug and CGC are really working hard to track and address issues. At first I was feeling a bit jealous that I couldn't get one of the 1st LE's off the line as I don't qualify for a number matched machine, but honestly I'm kind of liking my position in line right now as that may give CGC time to make adjustments. This isn't meant to make any number matchers feel bad (I still probably would opt to get my machine if I could right now..heh) but at least it's a possible consolation that a few kinks might get worked out. Let's face it - that's pretty typical for any product. Being an early adopter has it's price (but also its rewards of course!).
Regarding this particular issue - it does sound like it needs fixing as several other owners have chimed in on this. I read earlier in this thread that if you want to install a mantis you likely have to remove the main circuit board and pre-drill some pilot holes for the mantis. I wouldn't be that concerned about doing this myself, but it was also mentioned you might void the warranty doing this? In that case I obviously would never do this. Thoughts?

Void the warranty! Guess I need to cancel that mantis I just bought ugh.

#1159 5 years ago

I’ve the Mantis and Cliffy on standby ....
However I’m not interested in voiding the warranty... and I’d prefer a fix from the factory anyway.

#1160 5 years ago

HUO - Mantis and Cliffy protectors for a HUO game? I have yet to see any damage on all of my heavily played MMR and AFMR games.
I think the risk of voiding the warranty and or accidently damaging game outway benefits at this early stage of life.

My machines have over 3000 plays. I've seen routed ones with 10x that looking good as day purchased. To each their own I guess.

#1161 5 years ago
Quoted from Soltic:

That and lack of response from other owners claiming same issue most likely makes this an irregularity.

To my disappointment..sounds like it ain't a irregularity, as shown here lately.

#1162 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I could be wrong (most times) but as this is a Remake I suspect there wont be many changes or code updates to the code as it has worked pretty well for over 20 years?

Using that logic, why would the MBr manual say that A.2.16 setting was Phantom Flip ball save if the game hasn't had it for those 20 years? It's either an obvious omission in this ROMset or a rather peculiar addition to the manual after two decades of not existing.

#1163 5 years ago

Great news - I was just contacted by my distributor (Automated Services - Pinballs.com) to PIF. LE is ready to ship in a few days (~#800 range). I was settled that this would happen in January based on forum comments, but maybe Santa comes through? Worth waiting for either way

#1164 5 years ago
Quoted from jarch:

Great news - I was just contacted by my distributor (Automated Services - Pinballs.com) to PIF. LE is ready to ship in a few days (~#800 range). I was settled that this would happen in January based on forum comments, but maybe Santa comes through? Worth waiting for either way

"Merry Christmas to you" I was told January and February was even mentioned. I placed an order on 10/23.

#1165 5 years ago

well in order can't be right - I'm 575 and nadda

#1166 5 years ago

How many have recieved there classics?

#1167 5 years ago

MBLE#10 shipping out to me tomorrow. Looks like it might make it to us for Christmas

#1168 5 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

well in order can't be right - I'm 575 and nadda

well I'm in the mid 500's and nada on my end as well....

#1169 5 years ago
Quoted from jarch:

I hope thats true, but a little surprised I haven't been asked for my final payment (I'm in the mid 500's)....maybe they decided not to build in chronological order after all?

#1170 5 years ago

I don't think LE number has anything to do with the build sequence. Most likely based on when the order was entered into the system as well as dealer clout.

#1171 5 years ago

Could it be that if a distributor has a bunch coming, a truck load or at least a head load (trailer) may be why the numbers are mixed at that point of delivery.
Calling in a carrier for a truckload or partial headload for shipment @CGC saves on cost for CGC.

Obsessively, that doesn't work for a direct individual shipment.

#1172 5 years ago
Quoted from Zukboy2002:

How many have recieved there classics?

Me!

C1190623-CC01-4A38-B24B-93FADE3264E3 (resized).jpegC1190623-CC01-4A38-B24B-93FADE3264E3 (resized).jpeg
#1173 5 years ago

The games are not built in order and how soon you get yours depends on Your distributor, the larger amount of games your distributor has allocated the larger percentage of games the get in a week. PPS get the most.

#1174 5 years ago

#230 MBrLE shipping to me tomorrow.

#1175 5 years ago

All I know is I am 10th on Joe's list of unmatched LEs at PinballSTAR, haven't heard a peep yet.

#1176 5 years ago

I had my order in the day after released. Crickets....They gave my distro a line of bull about not registering my AFMRLE timely. hmnnn.....Day after I got AFMRLE i sent back snail mai card.. Annoyed but not worried game will eventually come. Its not going to earn me a dime or competing vs any ones location. No one excited but Me and my eight year old son.

Maybe I will earn or loose a few bucks while money sits in market. Either way was sort of hoping to have last week of December with forced PTO.

#1177 5 years ago

My SE arrived last night. I went through Jason at Classic Game Rooms in GA (but I am also a big fan if Coin Taker). With all the great feedback here I compiled a list of things to check out if the box. So far so good. Beautiful game and lots of fun to play.

#1178 5 years ago

CGC clearly has an issue with their warranty registration mechanism. I emailed the card for my AFMRLE in October and my distro reached out in early December to say I needed to register it. I was able to find the email in my sent items folder and resend it with the time stamps and they fixed their records. Others have had warranty repairs / parts sent and are still told they need to register (again).

In the big scheme of things it’s not a big deal, but it’s a bit disheartening that they could have administrative issues on such a simple thing. Hopefully it’s because they’re all engineers cranking out awesome pins

#1179 5 years ago

Road trip tomorrow to CoinTaker to pick up my SE!!! Very excited... my first NIB pin!

#1180 5 years ago

Man this is such a fun game... So happy this is my first NIB! Can't get away from it!

#1181 5 years ago
Quoted from Captain-Flint:

Man this is such a fun game... So happy this is my first NIB! Can't get away from it!

I've only played this game twice in my life. I'm a decent player but don't like deep games. I love WhiteWater as I can make it to the Wizard mode. With that said I'm really looking to get and play this game.

#1182 5 years ago
Quoted from andrewket:

CGC clearly has an issue with their warranty registration mechanism. I emailed the card for my AFMRLE in October and my distro reached out in early December to say I needed to register it. I was able to find the email in my sent items folder and resend it with the time stamps and they fixed their records. Others have had warranty repairs / parts sent and are still told they need to register (again).
In the big scheme of things it’s not a big deal, but it’s a bit disheartening that they could have administrative issues on such a simple thing. Hopefully it’s because they’re all engineers cranking out awesome pins

I had the same issue with CGC. Not only was my game registered, but they had provided warranty service multiple times yet they needed confirmation I was the original owner....

#1183 5 years ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

I've only played this game twice in my life. I'm a decent player but don't like deep games. I love WhiteWater as I can make it to the Wizard mode. With that said I'm really looking to get and play this game.

I am a decent player as well... I think you are going to love it!

#1184 5 years ago

Just got a call from Melissa at CoinTaker... Chicago Gaming is late with deliveries.... I can't pick up my machine tomorrow. She is delivering it for me for free on Monday. Kind of a drag but the free delivery more than makes up for it. CoinTaker is awesome!

#1185 5 years ago

Any LE owners want to measure their box and let me know the dimensions? I may need to haul mine from my friends house because we are having our LEs shipped together to save a little on shipping. But I only have a Chevy Equinox SUV to pick it up. Not sure NIB LE will fit in an Equinox, and I am guessing not

#1186 5 years ago

I am loving this game. Plays smooth and looks great.

IMG_6888 (resized).jpgIMG_6888 (resized).jpgIMG_6884 (resized).jpgIMG_6884 (resized).jpgIMG_6887 (resized).jpgIMG_6887 (resized).jpgIMG_6885 (resized).jpgIMG_6885 (resized).jpg
#1187 5 years ago

Looks great. Glad to see at least a few LE buyers get their games before Christmas.
Now, get that horrible warning sticker off your backglass.

#1188 5 years ago
Quoted from pinmaniac:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

First one? Not including "test' ones right?

#1189 5 years ago

Just Received my MB and I think they field tested it too much......Saw this at a Coney Island Restaurant and the lighting is awful compared to the LE above. Plus, that hole is the worst I think I've ever seen on a MB.

IMG-2822 (resized).JPGIMG-2822 (resized).JPGIMG-2823 (resized).JPGIMG-2823 (resized).JPGIMG-2824 (resized).JPGIMG-2824 (resized).JPG
#1190 5 years ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

Just Received my MB and I think they field tested it too much......Saw this at a Coney Island Restaurant and the lighting is awful compared to the LE above. Plus, that hole is the worst I think I've ever seen on a MB.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Hahahahha! Is that tape for the pop bumper cover???

#1191 5 years ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

On ebay this would be listed as great condition, minor wear. $10,000.

#1192 5 years ago
Quoted from pinmaniac:

Beautiful machine! Tangential topic... I'm diggin' that Stormtrooper helmet on top of that Star Trek!

#1193 5 years ago

yes that's tape. Some people have said that this game needs lights, aka pinstadium. I think that all versions are bright, especially the LE with the Mirror Blades. I've seen AFM games that were dark and not fun to play until I played AFMRLE at Marvelous Marvin's and could't believe how great the lighting is.

So I have no worries that the MBRLE won't be bright!

#1194 5 years ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

yes that's tape. Some people have said that this game needs lights, aka pinstadium. I think that all versions are bright, especially the LE with the Mirror Blades. I've seen AFM games that were dark and not fun to play until I played AFMRLE at Marvelous Marvin's and could't believe how great the lighting is.
So I have no worries that the MBRLE won't be bright!

I just don't see how this machine wouldn't have enough illumination... with or without the mirror blades. It's certainly a matter of preference... some people like that super bright look... it's not my cup of tea. Either way... I think this is pretty damned bright!

#1195 5 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

I just don't see how this machine wouldn't have enough illumination... with or without the mirror blades. It's certainly a matter of preference... some people like that super bright look... it's not my cup of tea. Either way... I think this is pretty damned bright!

I'm in total agreement with you. Great video!

#1196 5 years ago

As an owner of AFM LE, that game desperately needed pinstadium. I can see this being different due to additional GI. We'll see.

#1197 5 years ago
Quoted from tomtest:

I have a couple hundred games on my SE and the protector is beat to hell.

mine's kinda beat too. I guess I should open a ticket also.

This is my first experience with a new machine and I was not expecting the playfield to dimple this easily also. Love the machine, and I presume that's normal? Or is it?

#1198 5 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I had the same issue with CGC. Not only was my game registered, but they had provided warranty service multiple times yet they needed confirmation I was the original owner....

I don't want to turn this into a CGC hate party, as I love what they're doing and they're doing it extremely well, but maybe just to serve as a reminder to some Pinsiders. I e-mailed my warranty information (AFMr) to the address on the card and when I submitted my first ticket, I was told my game wasn't registered, so I had to submit my warranty information again through the ticketing system. I just opened another ticket and I was asked about my warranty again.

#1199 5 years ago

Well seeing the LE gets you two years of warranty, I'm hoping I won't need to fight for two years with their warranty validation system... who ever is in charge of warranties at CGC... hello? McFly? Think, McFly... you wouldn't want to have to deal with ME for the next 2 years would you? You're new here, so I'm going ro cut you a little slack. So why don't you make like a tree and get out of here?

#1200 5 years ago
Quoted from pinmaniac:

Get that Stormtrooper helmet off that Star Trek! Really??!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

Machine - For Sale
Shepherdsville, KY
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 12.95
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Tulsa, OK
Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 33.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Loris, SC
$ 210.00
£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 9,332 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 187.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monster-bash-remake-mbr-owners-club/page/24?hl=bronty and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.