(Topic ID: 222461)

Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)

By MrSanRamon

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 9,330 posts
  • 732 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 29 hours ago by Dashmonster
  • Topic is favorited by 277 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)”

• I'm in on a CE 77 votes
    9%
  • I'm in on a SE 172 votes
    21%
  • I'm in on a LE 396 votes
    48%
  • I'm out for now 182 votes
    22%

(827 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

wire switch 2 (resized).jpg
R orbit switch (resized).jpg
IMG_4951 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4943 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0464 (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
IMG_3190 (resized).jpeg
Wolfman (resized).jpg
IMG_2467 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4014 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231111_165525077 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20231112-165133 (resized).png
20231110_123120 (resized).jpg
20231105_122730 (resized).jpg
94B393B7-CB09-4AFB-A166-CF0EC7F7F9A0 (resized).jpeg
3D150F78-A1C1-4B31-A9FA-00031163D7C1 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 9,330 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 187.
#1051 5 years ago
Quoted from PicklePerfect:

Are there different versions of the manual out there?

I only have the Original Manual and it says it's in Feature Adjustments: A.2.16.

Are you looking in "Feature Adjustments"?

Robert

#1052 5 years ago

Still can't wait to get my game.

#1053 5 years ago

For those having issues with your back box translight being too tight, the solution is simple. Took me 5 minutes to fix. Cgc responded to my ticket first thing this morning with the fix.

Remove the trim around the back glass, remove back glass and remove the translight. Draw a 1/8 line across the bottom of the tub. Trim off the part you marked, reinstall everything making sure the glass is even with tje bottom of the tub. It will overhang the top of the tub slightly. Really easy fix. Cgc was aware of the issue and said a few had been cut long so those waiting on their games, don't worry.

IMG_20181210_190352 (resized).jpgIMG_20181210_190352 (resized).jpgIMG_20181210_190631 (resized).jpgIMG_20181210_190631 (resized).jpgIMG_20181210_190659 (resized).jpgIMG_20181210_190659 (resized).jpgIMG_20181210_190840 (resized).jpgIMG_20181210_190840 (resized).jpg
#1054 5 years ago
Quoted from netman63129:

I have an MMrLE but my distributor (Automated Services) dropped the ball so I had to change distributors (PPS).

I have the same distributor - do you mind sharing what went wrong? Mike and company at Automated always seem to come through, so this seemed off to me.

#1055 5 years ago

Well this is awesome news about backglass backbox fix... but let's all be vigilant and report all defects no matter how minor... the feedback helps everyone by making sure all customers are happy, the manufacturer is happy (because they can fix the issue on future machines), and we all get better machines in the end.

#1056 5 years ago
Quoted from jarch:

I have the same distributor - do you mind sharing what went wrong? Mike and company at Automated always seem to come through, so this seemed off to me.

I will PM you.

#1057 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Well this is awesome news about backglass backbox fix... but let's all be vigilant and report all defects no matter how minor... the feedback helps everyone by making sure all customers are happy, the manufacturer is happy (because they can fix the issue on future machines), and we all get better machines in the end.

Good clean fix. Much better then the "rasp" to the cabinet edge idea.

#1059 5 years ago

I am in for a MBrLE. I have not been contacted about final payment as yet.

#1060 5 years ago

I am in on an MBRLE, macthed serial # to my AFMRLE #871. On Nov 29 my distributor asked for payment in full by this Friday Dec 14. Stating that “Your Monster Bash Limited Edition game is going to be ready soon - LE numbers matching games will be starting in the next few weeks and will be done in numerical order”

#1061 5 years ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

I am in on an MBRLE, macthed serial # to my AFMRLE #871. On Nov 29 my distributor asked for payment in full by this Friday Dec 14. Stating that “Your Monster Bash Limited Edition game is going to be ready soon - LE numbers matching games will be starting in the next few weeks and will be done in numerical order”

Did you have to send anything in to prove this and get a "matched" serial? I ask b/c my distro never asked me for any proof yet I'm hoping to get a matching serial.....

#1062 5 years ago

Thats interesting...my number is in the 500's and I haven't been contacted yet (except to provide proof of purchase)....my bet is there is little chance I'll see this game before xmas? very surprised you've been asked for full payment already

#1063 5 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Thats interesting...my number is in the 500's and I haven't been contacted yet (except to provide proof of purchase)....my bet is there is little chance I'll see this game before xmas? very surprised you've been asked for full payment already

# doesn't dictate when it was built....

#1064 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Did you have to send anything in to prove this and get a "matched" serial? I ask b/c my distro never asked me for any proof yet I'm hoping to get a matching serial.....

I was told I needed to ensure that CGC had my warranty registration for AFMRLE which I did. Sent to [email protected] and got a response from [email protected]

#1065 5 years ago

I was told I needed to ensure that CGC had my warranty registration for AFMRLE which I did. Sent to [email protected] and got a response from [email protected]

Awesome thanks. I'll send them a note to confirm.

#1066 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

# doesn't dictate when it was built....

I don't think it matters when it was built. I was told they are starting at #1 and going up....

#1067 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Awesome thanks. I'll send them a note to confirm.

I called CGC and had them look up my registration to validate that my registration was complete and that they have my AMFrLE number on file. Nice folks, super helpful.

#1068 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Here's the official info I was provided by my distributor:

Original owners of MMrLE or AFMrLE who wish to purchase MBrLE will be able to secure the same LE serial number on their MBr. In the rare case that a customer purchased a MMrLE and NOT and AFMrLE; the customer who purchased the AFMrLE will take priority in the Serial Number Matching Program. We will offer the MMrLE customer his choice of an alternative number (if it is available).

All LE customers who qualify can make this request through any authorized CGC Pinball Dealer.

All customers will need to be sure that they have sent in their LE warranty card by Friday, 11/9/2018.

#1069 5 years ago
Quoted from jarch:

Here's the official info I was provided by my distributor:
Original owners of MMrLE or AFMrLE who wish to purchase MBrLE will be able to secure the same LE serial number on their MBr. In the rare case that a customer purchased a MMrLE and NOT and AFMrLE; the customer who purchased the AFMrLE will take priority in the Serial Number Matching Program. We will offer the MMrLE customer his choice of an alternative number (if it is available).
All LE customers who qualify can make this request through any authorized CGC Pinball Dealer.
All customers will need to be sure that they have sent in their LE warranty card by Friday, 11/9/2018.

I was told the exact same thing along with the build order....I was told they will start from 1 and end at 1000....so if you were #1 u got your game first, and if you were 1000 u got yours last...all number matching LE's will be built before the non matching LE's....when it was actually built has nothing to do with it.

#1070 5 years ago

Received my SE last Thursday. It's my first NIB machine. Looks absolutely gorgeous alongside my TZ.
A couple minor issues over the first weekend:
1, Drac's coffin sits a bit high and scrapes along the glass while I slide the glass out. Suggestions on how to remedy this?
2, Already getting an occasional "Check Switch 48 R. Flip Prox." on start-up tests. Phantom Flip on that side seems to work fine, though. Not thrilled about this since it's a completely new machine, but if someone out there wants to assuage my fears about the build quality, I'd love to hear it.

The coffin on my SE drags sometimes on the glass also, just gave it a nudge downward and hasn't done it since. I installed Invisiglass after comparing regular factory glass and the Invisiglass made a big difference in conjunction with lowering the backbox light intensity, very little glare now whereas it was obnoxious before.

#1071 5 years ago
Quoted from tomtest:

The coffin on my SE drags sometimes on the glass also, just gave it a nudge downward and hasn't done it since. I installed Invisiglass after comparing regular factory glass and the Invisiglass made a big difference in conjunction with lowering the backbox light intensity, very little glare now whereas it was obnoxious before.

I'm a big believer of the HD glass now - getting it for all of my pins. MBR LE will be no exception. Big diff.

#1072 5 years ago

This non-matching LE wait and complete lack of communication from distro is killing me. Does anyone have any verified news?

#1073 5 years ago

I'm also getting the drain issues pretty consistently - I just upped the ball save timer to 15 and hope for the best. Only other things I can think of is that during Frankie multiball a bunch of balls go flying off of his feet and get stuck in the back corners of the machine (raised portion, not where they are supposed to ever be), and sometimes the ball gets stuck right to the left of the drain (which isn't bad for my scores since I can keep going with multiball for a longer time, but it's like playing on easy mode when I'd rather not be).

#1074 5 years ago
Quoted from Soltic:Bummer, will still notify cgc.
Great minds think alike, I have done the same in the past w the mantis and cliffy sandwiched and found the combo bullet-proof.
Not too sure I understand the cgc design with its little rubber “wheels” under the pf on the right side.

Anxious to find out what you hear from CGC. I was at Expo and saw the mangled protectors, but CGC said they had a solution figured out and rest assured it would be bullet proofed before shipping out. I'm awaiting my MBrLE, but very disappointed to hear your experience.

#1075 5 years ago

Folks, the combo hole protector is held in place by squeezing down on the "rubber wheels", so it is held in place by friction. This was to prevent having to screw into the wood and require removing other assemblies to replace it.. or something like that... I figure it is replaceable without too much teardown, so buy three and toss a few of them in the coin box. Problem solved.

#1076 5 years ago

Matching number MBRLE 25 paid in full last week but no shipping date yet

#1077 5 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I was told the exact same thing along with the build order....I was told they will start from 1 and end at 1000....so if you were #1 u got your game first, and if you were 1000 u got yours last...all number matching LE's will be built before the non matching LE's....when it was actually built has nothing to do with it.

As the owner of MMrLE 985 looks like I will be at the tail end of the matching number games. Guessing delivery by Christmas is pretty much out of the question at this point. So much for originally being told delivery in November (which I never really believed anyhow, heh).

Despite asking my distributor several times I've still not been told if I will be getting a matching number game (they claim no response from CGC on the matter). I don't necessarily care about the matching number, I am more interested in getting the game sooner

#1078 5 years ago
Quoted from brucipher:

As the owner of MMrLE 985 looks like I will be at the tail end of the matching number games. Guessing delivery by Christmas is pretty much out of the question at this point. So much for originally being told delivery in November (which I never really believed anyhow, heh).
Despite asking my distributor several times I've still not been told if I will be getting a matching number game (they claim no response from CGC on the matter). I don't necessarily care about the matching number, I am more interested in getting the game sooner

I'm totally with you...the only reason I know anything is that my distributor called me asking for proof of purchase since CGC couldn't verify my number on my AFMRLE. The odd thing is my game is already registered since we've had to deal with several warranty issues. I'm with u in that I could care less about the number. I'm in the mid 500's and I think theres very little chance I'll actually see my game before the end of the year. I'd be irritated if I paid in full weeks ago with no game in sight...apparently CGC ships the pin to my distributor and then he ships directly to me....

#1079 5 years ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

I only have the Original Manual and it says it's in Feature Adjustments: A.2.16.
Are you looking in "Feature Adjustments"?
Robert

Yes, the manual says it is A.2.16, it is not there when you actually look on the machine. I'll have to check, but A.2.16 is something else

#1080 5 years ago

Because this pin has such a beautiful play-field who is putting play-field protectors on their machines? I am seeing some dimpling where the ball shoots out of the scoop and I was wondering if a play-field protector is the best defense.

#1081 5 years ago

I will not be going with a PF protector, dimpling is natural, get used to it.

#1082 5 years ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

I am okay with it... I was just curious what people thought about them. And if they are even necessary. I am not a pure aesthetics guy. Pinball is meant to be played.

#1083 5 years ago

I’ve used 2 playfield protectors in the past and my personal experience is that they were a waste of money. They changed the gameplay.

#1084 5 years ago
Quoted from Higloss67:

I’ve used 2 playfield protectors in the past and my personal experience is that they were a waste of money. They changed the gameplay.

That sucks, I don't want that. Good to know.

#1085 5 years ago

DO NOT LOOK AT YOUR PLAYFIELD AFTER PLAYING 250 GAMES ON IT!!!

Unless you want to really freak out. You will see things like ball trails on clear ramps, and bent posts or cracked plastics. Dimmples and the occasional crater. Worn out rubber and black dust all over everything. Cripes, you would think they were throwing around huge chunks of flying steel under that glass.

#1086 5 years ago
Quoted from Higloss67:

And they trap dirt/stuff under them. I had about 7 of them. I do not like them at all.

#1087 5 years ago

i have one on my MMRLE, came with it on when I bought it. i don't notice its even there. if i ever take it off, will be nice to have a brand new pf underneath.

#1088 5 years ago
Quoted from mrfp:

Yes, the manual says it is A.2.16, it is not there when you actually look on the machine. I'll have to check, but A.2.16 is something else

A.2.16 on the machine is Special Memory. For the life of me, I absolutely cannot find the Phantom Flip ball save setting on the machine.

Is this something that would normally be addressed in a ROM update? If so, what's the usual delivery time on that vis-a-vis machines in arriving in the wild? Again, my first NIB machine so I am oblivious to whatever the norm for this is.

I also noticed a difference between the manual and the machine when it came to, I believe, A.2.25 Disable Bride vs. ???. I don't have the manual nearby so I can't put down what is in that slot at the moment.

#1089 5 years ago

A.2.16 on the machine is Special Memory. For the life of me, I absolutely cannot find the Phantom Flip ball save setting on the machine.
Is this something that would normally be addressed in a ROM update? If so, what's the usual delivery time on that vis-a-vis machines in arriving in the wild? Again, my first NIB machine so I am oblivious to whatever the norm for this is.
I also noticed a difference between the manual and the machine when it came to, I believe, A.2.25 Disable Bride vs. ???. I don't have the manual nearby so I can't put down what is in that slot at the moment.

I could be wrong (most times) but as this is a Remake I suspect there wont be many changes or code updates to the code as it has worked pretty well for over 20 years?

#1090 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Folks, the combo hole protector is held in place by squeezing down on the "rubber wheels", so it is held in place by friction. This was to prevent having to screw into the wood and require removing other assemblies to replace it.. or something like that... I figure it is replaceable without too much teardown, so buy three and toss a few of them in the coin box. Problem solved.

Thanks for clarifying. Although the protector might get mangled a bit I assume it does its job in protecting the pf? That's the main thing. Then I'm with you in regards to simply swapping out a new protector from time to time.

#1091 5 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

i have one on my MMRLE, came with it on when I bought it. i don't notice its even there. if i ever take it off, will be nice to have a brand new pf underneath.

I had a factory-installed PF protector on my JJP Hobbit and it impacted the path of the ball at various points around the PF. On one hand I liked the protection but on the other I hated when it introduced unintended variation in the ball's path.

Nothing lasts forever, so I'm more in the "clean and wax the PF" and "repair the eventual broken parts" camp. To each their own!

#1092 5 years ago

Well this unexpectedly happened. Bought this bad boy at 9am yesterday... setup and playing by 7pm the next day. Larry at Flip n Out is the real deal. And check out the born on date!! These remakes are beautiful and built like tanks.

D79A4287-FD4F-498C-AAA9-660BD899A111 (resized).jpegD79A4287-FD4F-498C-AAA9-660BD899A111 (resized).jpeg2760D700-CF12-4E56-95C3-8CE226E31DA5 (resized).jpeg2760D700-CF12-4E56-95C3-8CE226E31DA5 (resized).jpegC5CBDC98-D4F0-4725-A6EB-FD9A61B2AC19 (resized).jpegC5CBDC98-D4F0-4725-A6EB-FD9A61B2AC19 (resized).jpeg3A53EC7B-E409-41E5-A1D0-FEAE1E830386 (resized).jpeg3A53EC7B-E409-41E5-A1D0-FEAE1E830386 (resized).jpeg94A9B924-56CB-42C2-A339-3D32ED0CAB1B (resized).jpeg94A9B924-56CB-42C2-A339-3D32ED0CAB1B (resized).jpegF525D703-7B44-4EF2-9649-CA8C23965158 (resized).jpegF525D703-7B44-4EF2-9649-CA8C23965158 (resized).jpeg

#1093 5 years ago

Guys how is the lighting with the new GI enhancements? Is the pf still kind of dark like the older games? Trying to decide if pinstadium are necessary.....

#1094 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Guys how is the lighting with the new GI enhancements? Is the pf still kind of dark like the older games? Trying to decide if pinstadium are necessary.....

IMHO the lighting is more than adequate. I wasn’t sure I would like the color changing GI, but to my surprise it is very well done. Game is bright with no real dark areas.

#1095 5 years ago

Need to get me one of these. Maybe if I sell my IM...

#1096 5 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Need to get me one of these. Maybe if I sell my IM...

Don’t hesitate. It’s worth every penny.

#1097 5 years ago
Quoted from corvair61:

Don’t hesitate. It’s worth every penny.

Agree

#1098 5 years ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

A PF protector is a terrible waste of money and time

Pinball is meant to be played on a natural wood surface

You will never play your HUO pin enough to ever make a difference

And if you do, send it out to get re cleared better than new

#1099 5 years ago
Quoted from corvair61:

Well this unexpectedly happened. Bought this bad boy at 9am yesterday... setup and playing by 7pm the next day. Larry at Flip n Out is the real deal. And check out the born on date!! These remakes are beautiful and built like tanks.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Congrats. Larry is The Man and in my opinion one of the Best distributors you will ever find! Love the old house pocket doors by the way. lol Enjoy that awesome machine!

#1100 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I know one user said "it's more than adequate", but I find it to be lacking. The colors are GREAT, but I find the playfield itself to be a little too dark. I ordered a pinstadium a week ago it was just shipped yesterday so I should have it any day now.

I'm not alone in this. There are about a dozen people who checked it out with me and nearly all of them said the same thing.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lafayette, LA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Greeley, CO
12,125 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
St. Paul, MN
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 12.95
$ 33.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 9,330 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 187.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monster-bash-remake-mbr-owners-club/page/22?hl=delt31 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.