(Topic ID: 222461)

Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)

By MrSanRamon

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 9,330 posts
  • 732 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 hours ago by Dashmonster
  • Topic is favorited by 277 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)”

• I'm in on a CE 77 votes
    9%
  • I'm in on a SE 172 votes
    21%
  • I'm in on a LE 396 votes
    48%
  • I'm out for now 182 votes
    22%

(827 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

wire switch 2 (resized).jpg
R orbit switch (resized).jpg
IMG_4951 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4943 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0464 (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
IMG_3190 (resized).jpeg
Wolfman (resized).jpg
IMG_2467 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4014 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231111_165525077 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20231112-165133 (resized).png
20231110_123120 (resized).jpg
20231105_122730 (resized).jpg
94B393B7-CB09-4AFB-A166-CF0EC7F7F9A0 (resized).jpeg
3D150F78-A1C1-4B31-A9FA-00031163D7C1 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 9,330 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 187.
#1001 5 years ago
Quoted from vwallat99:

I don't know why MB gets all this hate on it for being an easy game. I love AFM and its one of my favorites but goodness I think that game is much easier for me at least then MB. It's very rinse and repeat compared to MB. Like it is this is all personal preferences and personal skills but just think the negatives for Monster Bash need to stop. There is a reason why the game exploded with sales. We all frickin' love this game!

Its not hate at all ... its just simpler and eaiser than other pins of the time which isn't a bad thing . I had mm, afm and mb at the same time. Mm and afm on factory settings and mb with open outlanes, no eb or ball save and all were set at 7.2 slope. Even like that mb was much eaiser than the others andi still never beat mm or afm . Mm and mb are now gone but afm has been around for years. I cld see myself getting a remake of mb at some point bc its fun to play for a while and has great theme .

#1002 5 years ago

I'm so glad I don't do "competitive" pinball. I just like to flip for fun and watch others do the same.

Have played our MBr over a hundred times this past week and have had a smile on my face the whole time(except when the drains open up).

#1003 5 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

Is this a title I sell my AFMrLE to acquire?

That's what I did...couldn't see keeping it when I liked MMr better and have limited room and funds.

Couldn't see keeping $8000 of jewelry sitting in a corner that is not being played much.

We'll see if MBr is going to be a long term keeper, but currently I suspect it is.

Robert

#1004 5 years ago
Quoted from ShinyBall:

I'm a little surprised that this wasn't caught by some kind of quality control, now that we have had 2 people with issues stated. You would think that someone had to force it in and would realize that at the factory?
I can only hope they will look into it.

I had the same problem getting the translight out. It did come out with just a slight amount of force.

#1005 5 years ago
Quoted from JeffF:

Ours is like this a bit too. It's not impossible or anything but I do have to push up harder than other games. It doesn't bug me enough to put in a ticket TBH.

Still, I'm hoping that they look into it for the rest of the builds. Shouldn't have to wrestle to open the head.

#1006 5 years ago

If the vacuformed white lamp carrier is misformed, it would cause this... I am expecting they had a rush on it since it is a machine specific part. If they don't heat the plastic high enough or if they delay the vacuum, the dimensions that could cause this would go oversize. This is a defect. I will put in a ticket if mine comes and does this. So anyone experiencing this should too, depending on the difficulty to get it in and out. Minor rubbing is acceptable, but a major blockage, not so much.

#1007 5 years ago
Quoted from Bronty:

Anybody know why there is no ball save on the remake? The manual says its .02 in the adjustments menu, but the menu skips from .01 to .03... its just not there.
Did previous remakes ship that way?

My manual says A2.01 is Ball Saves, A2.02 is Ball Save Time. So, maybe you have to set ball saves as 'On' in A2.01 (my default was Off) and then A2.02 Ball Save Time will be there.

What does your manual say that A2.01 is?

#1008 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

If the vacuformed white lamp carrier is misformed, it would cause this... I am expecting they had a rush on it since it is a machine specific part. If they don't heat the plastic high enough or if they delay the vacuum, the dimensions that could cause this would go oversize. This is a defect. I will put in a ticket if mine comes and does this. So anyone experiencing this should too, depending on the difficulty to get it in and out. Minor rubbing is acceptable, but a major blockage, not so much.

I too..expect it to be right. Fix it now please. Don't let it go out the door that way.
I feel for you guys that had to deal with this. I'd be pissed too.

#1009 5 years ago

Pissed is a strong word, and the issue doesn’t seem to raise to that level. Annoyed, sure. Pissed? Give them a break. I’m sure they will fix it. Go play a few games.

#1010 5 years ago

Keep posting issues guys. I may have to wait a few months for my LE, but at least you guys are working for me as beta testers.

#1011 5 years ago
Quoted from andrewket:

Pissed is a strong word, and the issue doesn’t seem to raise to that level. Annoyed, sure. Pissed? Give them a break. I’m sure they will fix it. Go play a few games.

In my view, it does rise to that level. It's a simple thing to ensure a backbox can be opened. It's also a major flaw so CE there is no way I csn possibly fix it. That said, besides this issue, I'm very happy overall with the game and I expect they will fix the issue.

I had two other issues, a wire came off a gi light in the backboard, didn't look like it was soldered and just held on with heat shrink and my lock down bar needed adjustment, both I consider very minor. I will put a ticket in for the backbox, but only fix I can see is a new better formed backbox.

It's really hard to believe I have a brand new mb, unthinkable just a few years ago.

#1012 5 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Got my game today and overall it's really nice, but I am extremely upset that I cannot get the translight out.

Quoted from andrewket:

Quoted from Lermods:

In my view, it does rise to that level.

Get a real life Andrew, this guy doesn't sound "annoyed" Just because it didn't happen to you..geeez.."you" better go play some games.

#1013 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

I think the worse thing that happened to MB is they published it on the Pinball Arcade, people played it, beat the crap out of it, and have moved on because owning one was just fantasy, and the last one you saw actually in the wild was so dirty and beat to death, you wondered even if you could find one, it would never be like getting one NIB, and most likely would require HEP to come to the rescue.
Both AFM, and MM are very similar and feel like playing the same rulesets, and MB would be a perfect trifecta except there is a different flavor to it. Maybe a little less deep, but when you are trying to get the last instrument to get Monsters of Rock it is almost the same as trying to complete the last mode in AFM to get to rule the universe. The one thing I like about MB is that the final wizard mode does not require you to get out of your current mode, it will start with multiple balls on the table. There is nothing more frustrating than to leave a wizard mode qualified but uncollected

I was introduced to MB on pinball arcade as well but then afterwards I had the chance to play 2 on route and 1 in a home. The ones on route were extremely beat.. especially PHOF. It was like 1 hand was tied behind my back cause the flipper on the right was toast. Still have had fun and yeah can't wait for NIB feel to this game.

#1014 5 years ago

Waiting on updates - hope mine will be here to.

#1015 5 years ago

Looked at our backglass and to me it seems the easiest fix for CGC would be to cut the wood surrounding the upper slot just a hair more. Reforming the vacuform seems like a waste. If it really bugged me I'd probably run a rasp at an angle on the wood where it's hitting... but it's not bugging me so I'm just going to play.

#1016 5 years ago

My MBrLE is on order. I have an MMrLE but my distributor (Automated Services) dropped the ball so I had to change distributors (PPS). Now I have to wait along with the non-serial matched orders but at least I will get one, probably in February. It is hard to wait. I played an MBr at Silverball in Columbia, MO last weekend and it was great. Super fast, smooth and the shots felt really good. Outlanes were wide open and I thought it was tough but fun.

#1017 5 years ago

Just had an incredible game for me!

Stock settings except I closed the inlanes and have free balls set for 60m, 120m and 180m. I know some of you can probably get this score on your first ball with wide open lanes only using one flipper since MB is so "easy"... but it felt like I won a small world war using a dull butter knife! LOL.

20181208_155954 (resized).jpg20181208_155954 (resized).jpg20181208_160007 (resized).jpg20181208_160007 (resized).jpg
#1018 5 years ago

Anybody having any issue with the ball feed from the right loop hitting Dracula’s feet?

Game is pitched and leveled perfectly, however the ball consistently hits his feet and deflects SDTM.

Also have the occasional SDTM out of the scoop.

I’ve already had to adjust the the switches for the Up/Down bank as I got a credit dot within the first 5 games.

#1019 5 years ago
Quoted from JeffF:

Just had an incredible game for me!
Stock settings except I closed the inlanes and have free balls set for 60m, 120m and 180m. I know some of you can probably get this score on your first ball with wide open lanes only using one flipper since MB is so "easy"... but it felt like I won a small world war using a dull butter knife! LOL.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Crap, and I thought I had a good game. That's a great score. My game plays really well.

IMG_20181208_174759 (resized).jpgIMG_20181208_174759 (resized).jpgIMG_20181208_174802 (resized).jpgIMG_20181208_174802 (resized).jpg
#1020 5 years ago

Is the color update code available for the classic right now?

#1021 5 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Is the color update code available for the classic right now?

According to Cointaker and Gameroom Guys... this upcoming week it'll be available. And I'm buying it as soon as it shows instock!!!

JFYI, both of the above companies were told this via CGC. I wrote CGC too but didn't hear back. Keeping my fingers crossed...

#1022 5 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Crap, and I thought I had a good game. That's a great score. My game plays really well.
[quoted image][quoted image]

That's a great score IMO. My next highest score is ~250m. Like I said, breakout!

Glad yours is playing well too... I can't say enough good things about our game!

#1023 5 years ago
Quoted from mrfp:

My manual says A2.01 is Ball Saves, A2.02 is Ball Save Time. So, maybe you have to set ball saves as 'On' in A2.01 (my default was Off) and then A2.02 Ball Save Time will be there.

Thank you! You were correct.

#1024 5 years ago

Just put in a ticket with CGC for the backglass being difficult to remove.
I have not played this game a lot before buying this one, so I have a question. Does the backbox have very much ineraction with the gameplay? Once in a great while I will see it flash, but it seems rare. It is set to “stock”.

#1025 5 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Got my game today and overall it's really nice, but I am extremely upset that I cannot get the translight out. The key works, but panel will not rise enough to clear the speaker panel. I took the lock out still nothing. Reached inside to see if I could move the speaker panel enough to free the translight. No luck. The most simple of things it seems they didnt get right. I'll have to waste more time trying to free this thing. A bit of a joke.
Anyone have any thoughts?[quoted image]

have same issue on my MMR... pain in the arse but I don't go into the backbox that often - because the game is super reliable...

#1026 5 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

have same issue on my MMR... pain in the arse but I don't go into the backbox that often - because the game is super reliable...

I opened a ticket.

#1027 5 years ago

We have 1 customer who asked to be delayed from our allotment of MBR CEs this week - SO we have 1 MBR CE up for grabs for immediate shipping. $ 6,000. CG will be switching over to the LEs afterward and no more CE or SEs until January or later when the LEs are done, unless they sneak some more in with the LEs - not sure.

We also have a very few LE spots open left to sell then we are sold out like most everyone else already is.

We are also taking deposits on the next run of both CEs and SEs as well.

Interested ? Email Joe at [email protected].

Joe Newhart
PinballSTAR Amusements

#1028 5 years ago

Just got notice that my MBRLE ships out tomorrow. It's getting close!

#1029 5 years ago

Well I’m in. MBr SE is in. It looks awesome. A feel small questions minor issues. I am getting a lot of right outline drains off of the left ramp. I saw someone earlier mentioned softer rollouts from the right orbit clip Drac feet and drain down middle. Lastly the volume isn’t very loud. I have adjusted the sub/treble but no matter what with the volume all the way up it’s not near as loud as other pins. I realize it may be decent in volume to some but anyone else think the same?

#1030 5 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

That's AWESOME!

#1031 5 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

What game number are you?

#1032 5 years ago
Quoted from Higloss67:

Just put in a ticket with CGC for the backglass being difficult to remove.
I have not played this game a lot before buying this one, so I have a question. Does the backbox have very much ineraction with the gameplay? Once in a great while I will see it flash, but it seems rare. It is set to “stock”.

Sld be 5 or 6 flashers in the backbox.... my original had the backbox gi go out when playfield gi went out and was a great light show especially frank mb, extra ball, mosh pit mb and many other instances.

#1033 5 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

Who did you buy your game from?

#1034 5 years ago

After a weekend of play here’s a Honeymoon Report.

Prior to play:
- Pf and balls waxed.
- Static mylar in shooter lane until I get some real protection, thought previously would need in pops but mylar there already as well as drops and drac-track. Nice.

Minor issues corrected:
- GI clear cap fell off, ca’d back on.
- lock nut under red star post on frankie ramp fell off - all lock nuts in that assembly w the flasher were not tightened.
- Bride’s head kept sticking up - solenoid shaft was binding in body as well as at half-moon shaped bracket (if the shaft was twisted to either side a bit). Re-aligned and shimmed body, small amount of graphite at half moon bracket.
- Most important correction - could not level pf side-to-side properly at both bottom and top - obvious twist. Lock down assembly (which hangers rest on) was crooked. Easiest way to check this is to open coin door and feel alignment of assembly bottom in relation to coin door top. Mine was high left side 3/16”. Screws removed, bolts loosened, assembly realigned & everything tightened back up. Most people check side-to-side level at only one spot on pf. While shot aim and return trajectories is something a player can get used to between machines, some games need perfect level / no twisting - for FG / Shrek perfect level (and flipper alignment) is necessary so that the orbits can be hit by simply energizing flipper when ball is at rest against up-post and flipper. PL designed it that way.

Tweaks:
- Lighting. After redoing my TronLE again to allow ramps not to be overpowered by LED’s I defitnitely notice variations and personally find LED’s usually too intense. MBRSE out of the box is way overpowering for me in areas - adjusted light levels down and went custom GI color to go a little more yellow - but Creeches LED’s were still overpowering (IMO because they are aimed right at u) so stuck some green bulb condoms on and got what I think is perfect balance there - going after Frankie drop bank next as I find these searing as well - will probably diffuse those on the light board w simply some semi opaque tape.
- Frankie spot realigned to my pref.
- Played w subwoof setting.
- @ end of weekend pf cleaned and waxed again, rubbers cleaned, factory balls were chopped pretty good by breaking in metal edges and such on pf and scoop and therefore dumped and replaced w silver jets - which will be monitored.

Final thoughts after the weekend:
- So so nice to have a NIB MBR, really, I would have been fine if they only released the CE but the SE’s GI color integration (along w speaker lights) is fantastic, the redraw on the dots incredible.
- cc on pf is amazing.
- Biggest concern is longevity of scoop protector. I believe the reports from expo were that they seemed to be weak and after only a weekend of play I would agree. Ours is noticeably dented right in middle at front and near back on side and is starting to deform. It looks like a combo mantis and cliffy fused together but I don’t know if it’s the right gauge of materials. Always used Cliffy’s w no problems. I thought cgc said they were correcting it after it was noticed and reported at expo...?

Overall minor “4:20” production issues - which are easily overlooked by a NIB experience of a classic updated w/ the SE’s revisions, will start research into the scoop protector and if there may be a revision.

#1035 5 years ago
Quoted from Soltic:

Prior to play:
- Pf and balls waxed.
- Static mylar in shooter lane until I get some real protection, thought previously would need in pops but mylar there already as well as drops and drac-track. Nice.
Minor issues corrected:
- lock nut under red star post on frankie ramp fell off - all lock nuts in that assembly w the flasher were not tightened.
- Bride’s head kept sticking up - solenoid shaft was binding in body as well as at half-moon shaped bracket (if the shaft was twisted to either side a bit). Re-aligned and shimmed body, small amount of graphite at half moon bracket.
- Most important correction - could not level pf side-to-side properly at both bottom and top - obvious twist. Lock down assembly (which hangers rest on) was crooked. Easiest way to check this is to open coin door and feel alignment of assembly bottom in relation to coin door top. Mine was high left side 3/16”. Screws removed, bolts loosened, assembly realigned & everything tightened back up. Most people check side-to-side level at only one spot on pf. While shot aim and return trajectories is something a player can get used to between machines, some games need perfect level / no twisting - for FG / Shrek perfect level (and flipper alignment) is necessary so that the orbits can be hit by simply energizing flipper when ball is at rest against up-post and flipper. PL designed it that way.
Tweaks:
- Lighting. After redoing my TronLE again to allow ramps not to be overpowered by LED’s I defitnitely notice variations and personally find LED’s usually too intense. MBRSE out of the box is way overpowering for me in areas - adjusted light levels down and went custom GI color to go a little more yellow - but Creeches LED’s were still overpowering (IMO because they are aimed right at u) so stuck some green bulb condoms on and got what I think is perfect balance there - going after Frankie drop bank next as I find these searing as well - will probably diffuse those on the light board w simply some semi opaque tape.
- @ end of weekend pf cleaned and waxed again, rubbers cleaned, factory balls were chopped pretty good by breaking in metal edges and such on pf and scoop and therefore dumped and replaced w silver jets - which will be monitored.
- So so nice to have a NIB MBR, really, I would have been fine if they only released the CE but the SE’s GI color integration (along w speaker lights) is fantastic, the redraw on the dots incredible.
- cc on pf is amazing.
- Biggest concern is longevity of scoop protector. I believe the reports from expo were that they seemed to be weak and after only a weekend of play I would agree. Ours is noticeably dented right in middle at front and near back on side and is starting to deform. It looks like a combo mantis and cliffy fused together but I don’t know if it’s the right gauge of materials. Always used Cliffy’s w no problems. I thought cgc said they were correcting it after it was noticed and reported at expo...?
Overall minor “4:20” production issues - which are easily overlooked by a NIB experience of a classic updated w/ the SE’s revisions, will start research into the scoop protector and if there may be a revision.

You have the corrected scoop protector. I had to use a cliffy and mantis on my original bc the cliffy by itself got very damaged but both worked very well.

#1036 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

You have the corrected scoop protector. I had to use a cliffy and mantis on my original bc the cliffy by itself got very damaged but both worked very well.

Bummer, will still notify cgc.

Great minds think alike, I have done the same in the past w the mantis and cliffy sandwiched and found the combo bullet-proof.

Not too sure I understand the cgc design with its little rubber “wheels” under the pf on the right side.

#1037 5 years ago
Quoted from Soltic:

Prior to play:
- Pf and balls waxed.
Minor issues corrected:
Tweaks:
- cc on pf is amazing.

This is due to the new help hired to get these machines out. Hopefully my LE is later, that might prove to be a good thing. This stuff was what I was afraid of happening.

#1038 5 years ago
Quoted from srmonte:

What game number are you?

Quoted from Quadrat:

Who did you buy your game from?

PPS

Update- they are telling me it's shipping on Wednesday.

#1039 5 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

PPS
Update- they are telling me it's shipping on Wednesday.

Nice, very cool.

#1040 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Sld be 5 or 6 flashers in the backbox.... my original had the backbox gi go out when playfield gi went out and was a great light show especially frank mb, extra ball, mosh pit mb and many other instances.

Thanks. I will be sure to check the backbox during these times.

#1041 5 years ago

I am part of the club... I got the SE version. Love it! It really is an amazing machine. I upgraded from a Black Rose so the upgrade is startling to say the least! Anyway, dumb question but I want to install black mirror blades on this bad boy, but I just had to double check with the group here that the Bally Williams blades with work with the Remakes???

Sorry if this has been answered before.

#1042 5 years ago
Quoted from Captain-Flint:

I am part of the club... I got the SE version. Love it! It really is an amazing machine. I upgraded from a Black Rose so the upgrade is startling to say the least! Anyway, dumb question but I want to install black mirror blades on this bad boy, but I just had to double check with the group here that the Bally Williams blades with work with the Remakes???
Sorry if this has been answered before.

Yes, same cabinet as originals. Congrats on a huge upgrade!

#1043 5 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

That is great news.
We still have not even been asked for final payment on ours.

#1044 5 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

That is great news.
We still have not even been asked for final payment on ours.

Yea, no word from our distributor on when the LEs would be shipping. I figure you guys will get your before Christmas and I will get mine mid January.

#1045 5 years ago

Still no word on mine either. No worry’s, like the old ketchup commercial told me...good things come to those who wait!!

#1046 5 years ago

I got news!

"Robert,

Looks like your game will ship this week. I'll be in touch.

Larry"

#1047 5 years ago
Quoted from Soltic:

Most important correction - could not level pf side-to-side properly at both bottom and top - obvious twist. Lock down assembly (which hangers rest on) was crooked.

Wow. I never thought to check that lock down assembly. How often does that happen I wonder?

#1048 5 years ago

Received my SE last Thursday. It's my first NIB machine. Looks absolutely gorgeous alongside my TZ.

A couple minor issues over the first weekend:
1, Drac's coffin sits a bit high and scrapes along the glass while I slide the glass out. Suggestions on how to remedy this?

2, Already getting an occasional "Check Switch 48 R. Flip Prox." on start-up tests. Phantom Flip on that side seems to work fine, though. Not thrilled about this since it's a completely new machine, but if someone out there wants to assuage my fears about the build quality, I'd love to hear it.

#1049 5 years ago
Quoted from mrfp:

Are there different versions of the manual out there? My manual says A2.16 should be Phantom Flip ball save but that setting is no where to be found in my settings. It's a shame because I really want to enable said setting.

#1050 5 years ago
Quoted from PicklePerfect:

Are there different versions of the manual out there? My manual says A2.16 should be Phantom Flip ball save but that setting is no where to be found in my settings. It's a shame because I really want to enable said setting.

I was going to post the same thing. I want to enable that, but I see the same thing you see. It's in my manual, but not in the settings.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Greeley, CO
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 12.95
$ 33.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.99
Playfield - Plastics
Pinhead mods

£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 9,330 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 187.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monster-bash-remake-mbr-owners-club/page/21?hl=wizwiggy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.