(Topic ID: 222461)

Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)

By MrSanRamon

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 9,332 posts
  • 732 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 42 hours ago by KingMixer
  • Topic is favorited by 277 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)”

• I'm in on a CE 77 votes
    9%
  • I'm in on a SE 172 votes
    21%
  • I'm in on a LE 396 votes
    48%
  • I'm out for now 182 votes
    22%

(827 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

wire switch 2 (resized).jpg
R orbit switch (resized).jpg
IMG_4951 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4943 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0464 (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
IMG_3190 (resized).jpeg
Wolfman (resized).jpg
IMG_2467 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4014 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231111_165525077 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20231112-165133 (resized).png
20231110_123120 (resized).jpg
20231105_122730 (resized).jpg
94B393B7-CB09-4AFB-A166-CF0EC7F7F9A0 (resized).jpeg
3D150F78-A1C1-4B31-A9FA-00031163D7C1 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 9,332 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 187.
#951 5 years ago
Quoted from andrewket:

Queue - not “Q”
noun
BRITISH
a line or sequence of people or vehicles awaiting their turn to be attended to or to proceed.
synonyms: lineup, line, row, column, file, chain, string; More
COMPUTING
a list of data items, commands, etc., stored so as to be retrievable in a definite order, usually the order of insertion.

Cue - not Queue

noun
1. a thing said or done that serves as a signal to an actor or other performer to enter or to begin their speech or performance.
synonyms: signal, sign, indication, prompt, reminder; More

verb
give a cue to or for.
"curious pinsiders are cued by the arrival of grammar police"

#952 5 years ago
Quoted from jbug:

What modes or events get the shaker going?

Also shakes when Drac is hit.

#953 5 years ago
Quoted from fanuminski:

still waiting for word on my SE. I'm getting a bit impatient on the delay.
paid in full almost a month ago... wonder how many others are still waiting for
their CE or SE

I purchased thru PinballStar. Had an email that requested payment in full saying it would be shipped within the next 2 weeks. This was a month ago. I keep getting email saying soon when I ask. I wouldn't have paid in full if I wasn't told the game was being shipped.

#954 5 years ago
Quoted from fanuminski:

Cue - not Queue
noun
1. a thing said or done that serves as a signal to an actor or other performer to enter or to begin their speech or performance.
synonyms: signal, sign, indication, prompt, reminder; More
verb
give a cue to or for.
"curious pinsiders are cued by the arrival of grammar police"

Errrr.... andrewket had it right.

#955 5 years ago
Quoted from Soltic:

PF is very smooth and clear, mylar on drac track, frankie, and drops nice to see, so far only things I can see to do is wax pf and balls, add static cling mylar to shooter lane (until Cliffy responds) and pop area.

Where do you get your static cling mylar from?

#956 5 years ago

Just trying to think on how to go about doing a MB go fund me page...

#957 5 years ago

Player one Toronto has a CE set up. I put in about 30 min today.
Smooth play, beautiful machine, Frank is way less of a drain monster than I remember him being, everything about this game is great (even without the new upgrades),.......however, playing for 30min only confirmed my feelings that while this is one of my favorite games for its nostalgia and genuinely fun gameplay and theme, it also (for me) is better as a pin played only occasionally to be appreciated properly. I can see having this in my home making me start to find what iscurrently a fun game that I can usually do quite well on and be entertained into I game I find boring and repetitive. I dont want to wreck this game for myself so I'm taking a pass but hoping some locals get some
If you have the means and room to pack your house with pins, this is a great choice. If you are only going to have 4 or 5 pins? Maybe not.
Still looking forward to playing a SE or LE and love CGC remakes. This is the prettiest of them so far but has the least to do long term.

#958 5 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Smooth play, beautiful machine, Frank is way less of a drain monster than I remember him being, everything about this game is great (even without the new upgrades),.......however, playing for 30min only confirmed my feelings that while this is one of my favorite games for its nostalgia and genuinely fun gameplay and theme, it also (for me) is better as a pin played only occasionally to be appreciated properly. I can see having this in my home making me start to find what iscurrently a fun game that I can usually do quite well on and be entertained into I game I find boring and repetitive. I dont want to wreck this game for myself so I'm taking a pass but hoping some locals get some
If you have the means and room to pack your house with pins, this is a great choice. If you are only going to have 4 or 5 pins? Maybe not.
Still looking forward to playing a SE or LE and love CGC remakes. This is the prettiest of them so far but has the least to do long term.

Thats what happened in our small collection of 7-10 pins.....

#959 5 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Totally disagree here. Many think Scared Stiff is a shallow, easy game (and compared to a lot of other deep games, it is). I own one, love it, and never really tire of it despite reaching the wizard mode almost every game. I just love the shots, call outs, lighting, everything about it. I don't think a game needs to be deep to be a keeper. Just because a game is shallow, I don't think that necessarily makes it boring and repetitive. I think LOTR is one of the best games ever (and obviously very deep), but I tired of the long marathon games on it, so it left my collection.

I have MBrLE on order, and I am thinking (and hoping) it will be like Scared Stiff to me.

Not bashing your opinion...just providing a counterpoint. We all have different tastes

#960 5 years ago

I think you could say that about most pins. Ultimately, it's still about high score...it's just how you go about getting there. If I get bored of it I'll sell it, but since I've never mastered any pin I own..I don't think that'll be a problem.

#961 5 years ago

Is this a title I sell my AFMrLE to acquire?

#962 5 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

Ugh...doubtful?? AFMrLE is probably liked more, but what they've done with this machine cosmetically is outstanding. I would say another machine maybe, AFMrLE? no. I chose this over AFM though because I've played AFM to death over the years. I've had much less time with MB.

#963 5 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

No, you keep them both.... life is short.

#964 5 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

I think afm is the best of all the remakes... its the most difficult and has many different ways to approach it depending on your goal.

#965 5 years ago

Anybody know why there is no ball save on the remake? The manual says its .02 in the adjustments menu, but the menu skips from .01 to .03... its just not there.

Did previous remakes ship that way?

#966 5 years ago

Got my game today and overall it's really nice, but I am extremely upset that I cannot get the translight out. The key works, but panel will not rise enough to clear the speaker panel. I took the lock out still nothing. Reached inside to see if I could move the speaker panel enough to free the translight. No luck. The most simple of things it seems they didnt get right. I'll have to waste more time trying to free this thing. A bit of a joke.

Anyone have any thoughts?

15442221798975044746910495252388 (resized).jpg15442221798975044746910495252388 (resized).jpg
#967 5 years ago

Are les on the line yet ?

#968 5 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Try pushing down on the speaker panel at the same time. Hint: You might need more than 2 hands.

#969 5 years ago
Quoted from stevevt:

Try pushing down on the speaker panel at the same time. Hint: You might need more than 2 hands.

Tried that. I lowered the head, pulled speaker panel all the way down as far as it will go from the inside while pushing up on the tranlight, won't come out.

#970 5 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Plastic trim on top or bottom of the translite slipped up ?

Haven't seen this issue before.

LTG : )

#971 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Plastic trim on top or bottom of the translite slipped up ?
Haven't seen this issue before.

Trim looks fine. The panel won't go all the way up, seems something is obstructing it. Pic shows the panel pushed up as far as it will go, needs to go higher, bit it wont.

15442228664357155380604991867949 (resized).jpg15442228664357155380604991867949 (resized).jpg
#972 5 years ago
Quoted from Bronty:

Anybody know why there is no ball save on the remake? The manual says its .02 in the adjustments menu, but the menu skips from .01 to .03... its just not there.
Did previous remakes ship that way?

Huh .. the original came factory with no ball save but had a adjustment i believe.

#973 5 years ago

I finally got it out, but putting it back in is just as difficult. I tapped on the trim with a rubber mallet to make sure it's seated and it's still very tight going in and out. I basically have to slam the translight up to get enough room to clear the speaker panel. speaker panel is sitting flush with the bottom so that’s not the issue.

I can now get it in and out, but it's not right compared to any other game, including my afmr and mmr. I'll call them on monday. Not really sure what they can do, maybe I need a new panel.

If I had to guess, I'd say the light panel is sitting too high. In fact, you can see in the pic that there is some black paint on the panel corner suggesting it is hitting the top of the cabinet.
1544224067579652005366510869128 (resized).jpg1544224067579652005366510869128 (resized).jpg154422417548694637903287766760 (resized).jpg154422417548694637903287766760 (resized).jpg

#974 5 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Not really sure what they can do

Leave the top trim off for now.

#975 5 years ago

I need an easier game and I think MBR will fit that bill nicely. It will be a nice break from getting the shit kicked out of me from my other games.

#976 5 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

That's exactly what i did. Time to try something else. Like this theme better.

#977 5 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

Def not.

#978 5 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I finally got it out, but putting it back in is just as difficult. I tapped on the trim with a rubber mallet to make sure it's seated and it's still very tight going in and out. I basically have to slam the translight up to get enough room to clear the speaker panel. speaker panel is sitting flush with the bottom so that’s not the issue.
I can now get it in and out, but it's not right compared to any other game, including my afmr and mmr. I'll call them on monday. Not really sure what they can do, maybe I need a new panel.
If I had to guess, I'd say the light panel is sitting too high. In fact, you can see in the pic that there is some black paint on the panel corner suggesting it is hitting the top of the cabinet.
[quoted image][quoted image]

I had the same problem. I have to push up on the backglass very hard to remove and put it back. Now that I know it is not just mine, I will turn in a ticket also.

#979 5 years ago
Quoted from Higloss67:

I had the same problem. I have to push up on the backglass very hard to remove and put it back. Now that I know it is not just mine, I will turn in a ticket also.

Hopefully they can correct this issue before they produce too many more games.

#980 5 years ago

This is happening for me! My very first NIB pin... picking up an SE next Saturday! I'm so stoked!

#981 5 years ago

I basically sold off all my old star wars toys and made some fun money... I was thinking about buying a Stern Star Wars... but then after seeing game play and reading about it, I was turned off (plus I wasn't crazy about the artwork). It was between MB and AFM... MB it is. I think the quality on these remakes is really good.

#982 5 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Got my game today and overall it's really nice, but I am extremely upset that I cannot get the translight out. The key works, but panel will not rise enough to clear the speaker panel. I took the lock out still nothing. Reached inside to see if I could move the speaker panel enough to free the translight. No luck. The most simple of things it seems they didnt get right. I'll have to waste more time trying to free this thing. A bit of a joke.
Anyone have any thoughts?[quoted image]

Quoted from Higloss67:

I'm a little surprised that this wasn't caught by some kind of quality control, now that we have had 2 people with issues stated. You would think that someone had to force it in and would realize that at the factory?

I can only hope they will look into it.

#983 5 years ago

Are you sure there isn't a wire pinched under the speaker panel, giving less room to lift up on the translight.

#984 5 years ago
Quoted from tomtest:

Are you sure there isn't a wire pinched under the speaker panel, giving less room to lift up on the translight.

Absolutely sure. I have taken my translite out quite a few tmes and it is the same each time. You have to force it out.

#985 5 years ago

Still not a peep on our serial number matching LE.
Even emailed my distributor who says they have not heard any news at all.

#986 5 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Still not a peep on our serial number matching LE.
Even emailed my distributor who says they have not heard any news at all.

I'm fine waiting so I/we all get perfect machines...

#987 5 years ago

Yeah I would be chopping at the bit even more if I was a number matcher. Kind of gave up hope for this year getting my game so it is what it is. Had to go out and buy a new game to keep me occupied until mine arrives.

#988 5 years ago
Quoted from vwallat99:

Yeah I would be chopping at the bit even more if I was a number matcher. Kind of gave up hope for this year getting my game so it is what it is. Had to go out and buy a new game to keep me occupied until mine arrives.

Try to look at the bright side. Your game will be a New 2019 model while the others will have the older 2018 model. Works for cars....

#989 5 years ago
Quoted from Blacksun:

I'm fine waiting so I/we all get perfect machines...

Yep, don't rush them.

#990 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Try to look at the bright side. Your game will be a New 2019 model while the others will have the older 2018 model. Works for cars....

Bahaha thats true!

#991 5 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

I think opening the outlanes on MB makes a huge difference.

Also, for those who got bored..... how many did the infamous 6 stack???

#992 5 years ago

I don't know why MB gets all this hate on it for being an easy game. I love AFM and its one of my favorites but goodness I think that game is much easier for me at least then MB. It's very rinse and repeat compared to MB. Like it is this is all personal preferences and personal skills but just think the negatives for Monster Bash need to stop. There is a reason why the game exploded with sales. We all frickin' love this game!

#993 5 years ago
Quoted from vwallat99:

I don't know why MB gets all this hate on it for being an easy game. I love AFM and its one of my favorites but goodness I think that game is much easier for me at least then MB. It's very rinse and repeat compared to MB. Like it is this is all personal preferences and personal skills but just think the negatives for Monster Bash need to stop. There is a reason why the game exploded with sales. We all frickin' love this game!

It's a phenomenal game. There's a reason a nice copy was demanding 10k before the remakes were announced. I think it's funny people are talking about beating it everytime. Open your damn outlanes and jack up the legs then. Anyone can beat a game in easy mode with closed outlanes.

#994 5 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

It's a phenomenal game. There's a reason a nice copy was demanding 10k before the remakes were announced. I think it's funny people are talking about beating it everytime. Open your damn outlanes and jack up the legs then. Anyone can beat a game in easy mode with closed outlanes.

Yeah its funny how often I hear guys talk about how easy a game is only to find out that they have it setup really easy. Closed outlanes and even five ball. I always start with my games set up difficult and then make easier if I find I'm constantly struggling to the point where its no fun to play. I don't doubt there are some aces out there that can't get the game set up hard enough to be a challenge, but for us mortals, its plenty challenging.

#995 5 years ago

I bought MMrLE and AFMrLE NIB, ordered both the day they were announced, both number matched. I’m now being told I need to prove this or I’m out of the number match club. Annoying. I sent in my receipts, which of course were just emails from my distributor (not the same one I’m using for MBr).

#996 5 years ago

I think the worse thing that happened to MB is they published it on the Pinball Arcade, people played it, beat the crap out of it, and have moved on because owning one was just fantasy, and the last one you saw actually in the wild was so dirty and beat to death, you wondered even if you could find one, it would never be like getting one NIB, and most likely would require HEP to come to the rescue.

Both AFM, and MM are very similar and feel like playing the same rulesets, and MB would be a perfect trifecta except there is a different flavor to it. Maybe a little less deep, but when you are trying to get the last instrument to get Monsters of Rock it is almost the same as trying to complete the last mode in AFM to get to rule the universe. The one thing I like about MB is that the final wizard mode does not require you to get out of your current mode, it will start with multiple balls on the table. There is nothing more frustrating than to leave a wizard mode qualified but uncollected

#997 5 years ago
Quoted from BillyPilgrim:

I bought MMrLE and AFMrLE NIB, ordered both the day they were announced, both number matched. I’m now being told I need to prove this or I’m out of the number match club. Annoying. I sent in my receipts, which of course were just emails from my distributor (not the same one I’m using for MBr).

All you have to do is complete the warranty registration card for either or both of your prior machines.

#998 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

I think the worse thing that happened to MB is they published it on the Pinball Arcade, people played it, beat the crap out of it, and have moved on because owning one was just fantasy

I've never seen a MB in person. I'm buying it because I played it in pinball arcade and thought it was a blast, and pinball arcade is cool but a poor substitute for a real game.

#999 5 years ago
Quoted from BillyPilgrim:

I got a call yesterday about this very issue. CGC claimed my games weren't registered. Whats funny is that they have sent me several parts under warranty over the years....clearly they were both registered.....I had to send in proof of purchase....

#1000 5 years ago
Quoted from Higloss67:

Ours is like this a bit too. It's not impossible or anything but I do have to push up harder than other games. It doesn't bug me enough to put in a ticket TBH.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

Machine - For Sale
Tulsa, OK
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 12.95
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lafayette, LA
Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 33.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

12,125 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
St. Paul, MN
$ 210.00
£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

There are 9,332 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 187.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monster-bash-remake-mbr-owners-club/page/20?hl=wizwiggy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.