(Topic ID: 222461)

Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)

By MrSanRamon

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 9,330 posts
  • 732 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 25 hours ago by Dashmonster
  • Topic is favorited by 277 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)”

• I'm in on a CE 77 votes
    9%
  • I'm in on a SE 172 votes
    21%
  • I'm in on a LE 396 votes
    48%
  • I'm out for now 182 votes
    22%

(827 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

wire switch 2 (resized).jpg
R orbit switch (resized).jpg
IMG_4951 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4943 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0464 (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
IMG_3190 (resized).jpeg
Wolfman (resized).jpg
IMG_2467 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4014 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231111_165525077 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20231112-165133 (resized).png
20231110_123120 (resized).jpg
20231105_122730 (resized).jpg
94B393B7-CB09-4AFB-A166-CF0EC7F7F9A0 (resized).jpeg
3D150F78-A1C1-4B31-A9FA-00031163D7C1 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 9,330 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 187.
#901 5 years ago

My distro PPS sent me an email yesterday, notifying me that the matching number LEs start shipping next week.

#902 5 years ago
Quoted from Soltic:

What about a plasma disk similar to the LE's?

It's in the works along with another mod...just got word my game arrives tomorrow so i can begin testing and working on connections.

When does the disc trigger in the LE?

#903 5 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

My distro PPS sent me an email yesterday, notifying me that the matching number LEs start shipping next week.

I am also in the St. Louis area. Who is your distributor? The one that I had been using is unresponsive.

#904 5 years ago
Quoted from netman63129:

I am also in the St. Louis area. Who is your distributor? The one that I had been using is unresponsive.

PPS (Planetary Pinball)

#905 5 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

When does the disc trigger in the LE?

During Fankie multiball if I am remembering correctly...

Wait you are asking what flasher or lamp array triggers it, That I don’t know... looking at a video of MBrLE on youtube looks like it tiggers with the purple arc tower flashers, but not exclusively... not sure if they are sniffing the lamp and flasher matrix or if they are watching a memory location in code. I think you might need to trace this one out. Just noticed too that the color on the disk changes as well, so there is either an RGB GI lamp wired into the disk unit as well as a trigger to turn on the plasma fx... more than meets the eye when you watch this video...

#906 5 years ago

In the manual it explains how the Chicago Gaming logo on SE/LE's can be changed to something else. Looks like AFMr has this feature too. The image has to be a .BMP and it has to be 320x80 pixels. I took an image of the monsters heads and sized it down. I like it when it is loaded alternately. I attached below if anyone wants to try, you just have to save the image and rename the .JPG to .BMP since pinside does not support .BMP. The only bummer is I have yet to find a way to keep it as the alternate image after a power cycle, I have to choose it each time. If someone knows a solution, please advise.
userlogo.jpguserlogo.jpg

#907 5 years ago

I would try and rename the existing logo file to logo.old and rename the new image to the old CGC logo file name and see what happens after a power cycle?

#908 5 years ago
Quoted from hawknole:

In the manual it explains how the Chicago Gaming logo on SE/LE's can be changed to something else. Looks like AFMr has this feature too. The image has to be a .BMP and it has to be 320x80 pixels. I took an image of the monsters heads and sized it down. I like it when it is loaded alternately. I attached below if anyone wants to try, you just have to save the image and rename the .JPG to .BMP since pinside does not support .BMP. The only bummer is I have yet to find a way to keep it as the alternate image after a power cycle, I have to choose it each time. If someone knows a solution, please advise.
[quoted image]

How are you changing it? Seems like to make it permanent you would need to actually edit the rom(do these have roms?) and reflash. Or if it is more computer based, manually edit the boot scripts.

I guess that brings more questions...what exactly do these use for system info?

#909 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

I would try and rename the existing logo file to logo.old and rename the new image to the old CGC logo file name and see what happens after a power cycle?

Thanks for the suggestion, users cannot read or edit the CGC logo, only add one of their own as an alternate.

#910 5 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

How are you changing it?

Via the CGC System Menu, no ROM's, just menu driven options to load a customized logo and control things like lighting, flipper strength, jets strength, etc.

#911 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Open up the box, the smell of new wood and fresh paint excites you. Start setting it up and see the shiny playfield and all the brand new assemblies on it.

Agreed, there's no better (pinball-related) feeling in the world

#912 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

It will still be new to you then.
Open up the box, the smell of new wood and fresh paint excites you. Start setting it up and see the shiny playfield and all the brand new assemblies on it.
Well worth the wait that will be forgotten in an instant when you are setting it up.
LTG : )

However if your on a budget for the holidays you could always go the more casual route for the same effect with NIB LE cologne! lol Sorry selfless plug just seen an opening. www.TheModCouplePinball.com

IMG_1353 (resized).jpgIMG_1353 (resized).jpg
#913 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

However if your on a budget for the holidays you could always go the more casual route for the same effect with NIB LE cologne! lol Sorry selfless plug just seen an opening. www.TheModCouplePinball.com
[quoted image]

LOL that's awesome. Wife wants to know if it comes in perfume, and what does it smell like (plastic and wax?)

#914 5 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

LOL that's awesome. Wife wants to know if it comes in perfume, and what does it smell like (plastic and wax?)

No its is actually a true high end cologne. Yes the presentation is gimmicky but we didn't see anyone else Mod the Player before! Done! Sorry no perfume for the ladies but we never say never....

#915 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

[quoted image]

That's hilarious. If only it had some RGB LED GI...

#916 5 years ago

To get a better idea of the custom logo pic attached...

MBrCustom (resized).jpgMBrCustom (resized).jpg
#917 5 years ago

First thing I do is change that to the bally logo like on my afm

#918 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

During Fankie multiball if I am remembering correctly...
Wait you are asking what flasher or lamp array triggers it, That I don’t know... looking at a video of MBrLE on youtube looks like it tiggers with the purple arc tower flashers, but not exclusively... not sure if they are sniffing the lamp and flasher matrix or if they are watching a memory location in code. I think you might need to trace this one out. Just noticed too that the color on the disk changes as well, so there is either an RGB GI lamp wired into the disk unit as well as a trigger to turn on the plasma fx... more than meets the eye when you watch this video...

If I am not mistaken the plasma disk is only whitish blue and tied to ramp connection, that the perceived color changing is only RGB GI reflecting heavily in that corner.

#919 5 years ago
Quoted from Soltic:

If I am not mistaken the plasma disk is only whitish blue and tied to ramp connection, that the perceived color changing is only RGB GI reflecting heavily in that corner.

I guess we are going to find out in just over a week when the first LE's ship.

#920 5 years ago
Quoted from SuperPinball:

I guess we are going to find out in just over a week when the first LE's ship.

I was told first batch of # matching LE's start shipping the 13th...

#921 5 years ago
Quoted from Blacksun:

I was told first batch of # matching LE's start shipping the 13th...

Yea!...1 week and counting!

Robert

#922 5 years ago

I was told they are on SE's this week still and will START building LE's next week. We might see a few trickle out next week if all goes well

#923 5 years ago

Just got the shaker in my SE working. Thanks to Plunger069! Set on light it is working great.

#924 5 years ago
Quoted from drummermike:

Just got the shaker in my SE working. Thanks to Plunger069! Set on light it is working great.

What modes or events get the shaker going?

#925 5 years ago
Quoted from jbug:

What modes or events get the shaker going?

I have played a few games since the install. Hitting Frankenstein's monster during multiball shakes. Also some times when the Mummy sequence is going it shakes. There may be more that I have not experienced yet. It seems to be used sparingly. I like it a lot. Worth it!

#926 5 years ago

So looking forward to getting my LE "soon".

Robert

#927 5 years ago
Quoted from drummermike:

I have played a few games since the install. Hitting Frankenstein's monster during multiball shakes. Also some times when the Mummy sequence is going it shakes. There may be more that I have not experienced yet. It seems to be used sparingly. I like it a lot. Worth it!

Thanks

Quoted from MrSanRamon:

So looking forward to getting my LE "soon".
Robert

Me too. I remember being at Expo and me first noticing the larger DMD. I was very surprised and delighted with that update. Never gave thought to that being changed along with better graphics. Whoever came up with the idea gets my bow. That was the icing on the cake for me. Well, boys, it won't be long now.

#928 5 years ago

If you're hungry for more pictures.

IMG_2068 2 (resized).jpgIMG_2068 2 (resized).jpg
#929 5 years ago

still waiting for word on my SE. I'm getting a bit impatient on the delay.
paid in full almost a month ago... wonder how many others are still waiting for
their CE or SE

#930 5 years ago
Quoted from fanuminski:

their CE or SE

wow thats frustrating...I never pay in full unless my game is shipping in the next couple days

#931 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

First thing I do is change that to the bally logo like on my afm

its a Williams game though?

#932 5 years ago
Quoted from fanuminski:

their CE or SE

Still no email for my CE

#933 5 years ago
Quoted from fanuminski:

their CE or SE

What? I was under the impression that all the SEs had been shipped already. I think you better start making some calls...

Quoted from NeilMcRae:

its a Williams game though?

The original is Williams, yes. This remake has the "Chicago Gaming Company" logo under the DMD. No "Williams" anywhere on it to be found.

#934 5 years ago

Quick question regarding total price / shipping on the MBr. I ordered an LE and put my $1000 deposit down with the expectation I'll pay the remaining $6999 when it's ready. I would like to know from you guys if any of the distributers are offering any type of cash discount, or are charging more if you pay with a credit card? I paid the original $1000 via paypal using the option that doesn't have any fees, and I expect the distributer would like me to do the same for the remaining balance, essentially making it a cash deal. I inquired about paying with my credit card and was told it would increase the price slightly. Should I expect free shipping if I'm paying cash? Just curious what you all are dealing with relating to total price, shipping costs, etc. You don't have to mention any specific distributors, but I'm just interested in what other are seeing before I part with the rest of the money I owe on my LE (whenever it eventually is ready LOL)

Thanks

#935 5 years ago
Quoted from BryanBPH:

Quick question regarding total price / shipping on the MBr. I ordered an LE and put my $1000 deposit down with the expectation I'll pay the remaining $6999 when it's ready. I would like to know from you guys if any of the distributers are offering any type of cash discount, or are charging more if you pay with a credit card? I paid the original $1000 via paypal using the option that doesn't have any fees, and I expect the distributer would like me to do the same for the remaining balance, essentially making it a cash deal. I inquired about paying with my credit card and was told it would increase the price slightly. Should I expect free shipping if I'm paying cash? Just curious what you all are dealing with relating to total price, shipping costs, etc. You don't have to mention any specific distributors, but I'm just interested in what other are seeing before I part with the rest of the money I owe on my LE (whenever it eventually is ready LOL)
Thanks

I put my deposit down with a credit card, and plan to pay the balance with the same card....I was told the game was $8300 delivered whether u pay cash (wire transfer), check or cc....so I chose the cc option

#936 5 years ago

It depends on the distributor. Last NIB I paid by cc, no extra fees. This time I paid remaining balance by cc and distributor split the cc card fee with me.

#937 5 years ago

When shopping around it seemed to depend on the size of the distributor. The one I ordered thru was okay with $8300 with a CC. A few others either didn't take CC or had a charge for it. As far as I know there were no distros giving free shipping.

#938 5 years ago

Just heard from my distributor that LE production has begun. Most LE'S should be shipped by end of January with number matches shipping sooner. I have #456 but no indication as to where it will likely be on the calendar. Pretty consistent with what I have told previously except that a Christmas appearance seems to be out of question; HAPPY NEW YEAR!

#939 5 years ago

FYI for Canuck customers - just received our MBSE thru Starburst / P1.

Out of the box and warming up, looks very very nice - will get it on legs and played tonight.

#940 5 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

wow thats frustrating...I never pay in full unless my game is shipping in the next couple days

My distributor had to pay in full for a block of so many games to get into CGC's "Q" so to speak... so I had to pay in full
in order to get into that "block" of games.

I was told that they (SE's) were delayed due to some part shortage -

and that it could be mere days or a week or two delay yet.
My distributor has to wait until he is told they are ready before he/she
can give them shipping instructions (mine is being drop shipped)
That was last Friday.

#941 5 years ago
Quoted from fanuminski:

My distributor had to pay in full for a block of so many games to get into CGC's "Q" so to speak... so I had to pay in full
That was last Friday.

Wonder if that part shortage will affect the LE's...

#942 5 years ago
Quoted from Soltic:

FYI for Canuck customers - just received our MBSE thru Starburst / P1.
Out of the box and warming up, looks very very nice - will get it on legs and played tonight.

PF is very smooth and clear, mylar on drac track, frankie, and drops nice to see, so far only things I can see to do is wax pf and balls, add static cling mylar to shooter lane (until Cliffy responds) and pop area.

#943 5 years ago

I heard they were short on Frank (figure) - so as not to delay the LE's, they were
going to substitute this one (at no extra charge ) you'll just have to be carefull of ball hops breaking
his finger.

Frankenstein (resized).jpgFrankenstein (resized).jpg

#944 5 years ago
Quoted from fanuminski:

That was last Friday.

Really? I'm surprised the distributor has to pay 100% just to get in the Q?

#945 5 years ago
Quoted from fanuminski:

I heard they were short on Frank (figure) - so as not to delay the LE's, they were
going to substitute this one (at no extra charge ) you'll just have to be carefull of ball hops breaking
his finger.
[quoted image]

I hope that is not true. Hate to have a a diffo figure.... especially with potential to breaking.

#946 5 years ago
Quoted from ShinyBall:

I hope that is not true. Hate to have a a diffo figure.... especially with potential to breaking.

naw... just my attempt at humor...

#947 5 years ago
Quoted from fanuminski:

naw... just my attempt at humor...

You had me going there...I thought what's the point of a LE if it changes?? Don't do that !! lol

#948 5 years ago

Queue - not “Q”

noun
BRITISH
a line or sequence of people or vehicles awaiting their turn to be attended to or to proceed.
synonyms: lineup, line, row, column, file, chain, string; More
COMPUTING
a list of data items, commands, etc., stored so as to be retrievable in a definite order, usually the order of insertion.

#949 5 years ago
Quoted from BryanBPH:

Thanks

I got a small discount for not using a credit card.

#950 5 years ago

I used my credit card @ my distributor, no questions no issues.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 33.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Tulsa, OK
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

12,125 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
St. Paul, MN
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 12.95
Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 9,330 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 187.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monster-bash-remake-mbr-owners-club/page/19?hl=parzival and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.