(Topic ID: 222461)

Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)

By MrSanRamon

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 9,332 posts
  • 732 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by KingMixer
  • Topic is favorited by 277 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)”

• I'm in on a CE 77 votes
    9%
  • I'm in on a SE 172 votes
    21%
  • I'm in on a LE 396 votes
    48%
  • I'm out for now 182 votes
    22%

(827 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

wire switch 2 (resized).jpg
R orbit switch (resized).jpg
IMG_4951 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4943 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0464 (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
IMG_3190 (resized).jpeg
Wolfman (resized).jpg
IMG_2467 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4014 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231111_165525077 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20231112-165133 (resized).png
20231110_123120 (resized).jpg
20231105_122730 (resized).jpg
94B393B7-CB09-4AFB-A166-CF0EC7F7F9A0 (resized).jpeg
3D150F78-A1C1-4B31-A9FA-00031163D7C1 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 9,332 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 187.
#851 5 years ago

I wonder if the LE's are hitting the assembly line today?

I think that is what Doug had posted. Hopefully, the needed LE parts arrived.

#852 5 years ago

Does anyone know the size of the SE in the box? I am trying to figure out if I can get it through a door before taking it out of the box.
Thanks

#853 5 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

Please post your opinion, once you've received your orders.

Quoted from indypinhead:

They are very poorly made. Cheap artwork applied to poorly cut 3M double sided tape(the gray tape that you would use on automotive trim).
I design/machine pinball mods on the side. I would be ashamed to try to sell something like this to the public.
I filed for a refund via epay.

well - they look like they're cut out (poorly) with scissors. I'm going to just eat it... may use the Frank and Drac ones -
you won't notice how poorly cut they are from playing distance. I'm more concerned with how they will hold
up on the targets and not spit out pieces of that foam or backer material that was used.

Picture 001 (resized).jpgPicture 001 (resized).jpgPicture 002 (resized).jpgPicture 002 (resized).jpgPicture 003 (resized).jpgPicture 003 (resized).jpgPicture 004 (resized).jpgPicture 004 (resized).jpg
#854 5 years ago
Quoted from fanuminski:

well - they look like they're cut out (poorly) with scissors. I'm going to just eat it... may use the Frank and Drac ones -
you won't notice how poorly cut they are from playing distance. I'm more concerned with how they will hold
up on the targets and not spit out pieces of that foam or backer material that was used.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Those look awful....same issue I had with my TZ decals...they were crap

#855 5 years ago
Quoted from Kwaheltrut:

Does anyone know the size of the SE in the box? I am trying to figure out if I can get it through a door before taking it out of the box.
Thanks

** also - if it comes on a skid/pallet - what is the narrowest dimension of the skid?
I'd like to keep it on the skid while two wheeling through my patio door if I can.
thanks

#856 5 years ago
Quoted from jbug:

Here it be: ebay.com link » Monster Bash Pinball Cushioned Target Protectors Choose Pic 1 Or 2 $21.99
The flipper bats decals by this seller is nice also: ebay.com link » New Monster Bash Pinball Flipper Armour Mod $13.99
And here is the other target stickers that I saw: ebay.com link » Monster Bash Pinball Machine Target Decal Set $32.99

I blame Jbug for buying these .... OK just kidding
I just wanted to re-post the Ebay links so that you know who the seller is/was

Just my impatience to buy and get these before my game arrives ... what a moron I was. Jeez...I definitely got the #2 batch lol

#857 5 years ago
Quoted from fanuminski:

** also - if it comes on a skid/pallet - what is the narrowest dimension of the skid?
I'd like to keep it on the skid while two wheeling through my patio door if I can.
thanks

My AFMr SE came on a pallet that's 31" x 35".

#858 5 years ago

Just got my Monster Bash SE today! I wasn't around to be able to receive it, so I had a couple friends do so on my behalf. They only took a few pictures so attached is all I have to share. I went down and played for a few hours (I donated it to the local co-op for others to play) and came home very impressed. Sorry I didn't take more pictures. I didn't think about it since those pictures were for my wife and she was with me when we played.

Anyway, the game is amazing. If you've never played or even seen one before, sans the online version like myself, you needn't worry about a thing. The game is beautiful inside and out. I just stood there marveling at its beauty when it wasn't my turn to play. I can't think of another game that I enjoyed looking at more. Incredible. The changing LEDs are masterfully done. The entire machine changes color for each character. The best is Dracula, when the whole thing turns red the entire time he's preparing to come out of his coffin. I can't think of another time in history when I was so awe-struck with the colors of a game. It's flawless.

The speakers sound great, no complaints there. The images on the LCD screen are gorgeous. The gameplay is challenging if you want it to be. I did achieve Monster Bash twice in a short span, but I failed far more than I succeeded, and I had a lot of work to do to get to the Monsters of Rock.

The thing is, I never really wanted this game. I thought it would be too easy, boring, plain... you name it. My wife wanted it so that's why we made the purchase. I wasn't particularly invested in its arrival, and only pretended to be excited about it for her happiness. I went into the game hoping to like it yet not being excited to play it, and came away so happy with the gameplay that I can't stop thinking about it. IT'S FREAKING AMAZING! It's easily one of the best games I've ever played, not close.

My wife was dead right. I'm so happy with this game, I can't name one thing I'd like to change about it. No wonder so many people wanted one... wow! It's truly amazing.

mb1 (resized).jpgmb1 (resized).jpgmb2 (resized).jpgmb2 (resized).jpg
#859 5 years ago

I bought those target stickers too. Haven't arrived yet. I can wait - ugg.

#860 5 years ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

Just got my Monster Bash SE today! I wasn't around to be able to receive it, so I had a couple friends do so on my behalf. They only took a few pictures so attached is all I have to share. I went down and played for a few hours (I donated it to the local co-op for others to play)

So where’s this game located in town? I stay in Shelbourne once in awhile during the winter and would love to play a game or two!

#861 5 years ago
Quoted from Brett-L:

So where’s this game located in town? I stay in Shelbourne once in awhile during the winter and would love to play a game or two!

The Pinball Coop in South Burlington! $8. BYOB, come and play all night any Wednesday or Friday. 16 total games in pristine condition.

https://www.facebook.com/pinballcoop/
http://www.pinballcoop.com/

Or you could just hit me up if you're in town on a Monday and I can get you in that way too.

#862 5 years ago

The Pinball Coop in South Burlington! $8. BYOB, come and play all night. 16 total games in pristine condition.
https://www.facebook.com/pinballcoop/
http://www.pinballcoop.com/

Awesome! Thanks for the link! I was so pissed when that Ponderosa in Essex closed lol

#863 5 years ago
Quoted from fanuminski:

well - they look like they're cut out (poorly) with scissors.

Well if someone who comes over to play talks shit, you can just pretend you made them yourself and act hurt.

#864 5 years ago
Quoted from fanuminski:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I received my stickers today as well. I'll see how they hold up before I say anything negative.

#865 5 years ago
Quoted from fanuminski:

I blame Jbug for buying these .... OK just kidding
I just wanted to re-post the Ebay links so that you know who the seller is/was
Just my impatience to buy and get these before my game arrives ... what a moron I was. Jeez...I definitely got the #2 batch lol

Like you, I wanted to have them on hand before receiving the game. I'm not down on these as some are. They are sturdy and I like the images cept for the Phantom Flip but that is such a small sticker that I won't fuss. If they stick and stay on, I'm fine with these.

#866 5 years ago
Quoted from ChiroCop:

I received my stickers today as well. I'll see how they hold up before I say anything negative.

Makes sense.

#867 5 years ago
Quoted from jbug:

Like you, I wanted to have them on hand before receiving the game. I'm not down on these as some are. They are sturdy and I like the images cept for the Phantom Flip but that is such a small sticker that I won't fuss. If they stick and stay on, I'm fine with these.

yeah, i agree. if they stick weil, ill be happy with the frank and drac ones. its too bad he doesnt have a more
precise cutting method, plus, whats 27 vs cost of the pin! lol

#868 5 years ago

Just got my Monster Bash SE today! I wasn't around to be able to receive it, so I had a couple friends do so on my behalf. They only took a few pictures so attached is all I have to share. I went down and played for a few hours (I donated it to the local co-op for others to play) and came home very impressed. Sorry I didn't take more pictures. I didn't think about it since those pictures were for my wife and she was with me when we played.
Anyway, the game is amazing. If you've never played or even seen one before, sans the online version like myself, you needn't worry about a thing. The game is beautiful inside and out. I just stood there marveling at its beauty when it wasn't my turn to play. I can't think of another game that I enjoyed looking at more. Incredible. The changing LEDs are masterfully done. The entire machine changes color for each character. The best is Dracula, when the whole thing turns red the entire time he's preparing to come out of his coffin. I can't think of another time in history when I was so awe-struck with the colors of a game. It's flawless.

The speakers sound great, no complaints there. The images on the LCD screen are gorgeous. The gameplay is challenging if you want it to be. I did achieve Monster Bash twice in a short span, but I failed far more than I succeeded, and I had a lot of work to do to get to the Monsters of Rock.
The thing is, I never really wanted this game. I thought it would be too easy, boring, plain... you name it. My wife wanted it so that's why we made the purchase. I wasn't particularly invested in its arrival, and only pretended to be excited about it for her happiness. I went into the game hoping to like it yet not being excited to play it, and came away so happy with the gameplay that I can't stop thinking about it. IT'S FREAKING AMAZING! It's easily one of the best games I've ever played, not close.
My wife was dead right. I'm so happy with this game, I can't name one thing I'd like to change about it. No wonder so many people wanted one... wow! It's truly amazing.[quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks for the review. That's nice that you got this to share with others. You mention the sound is great, how good is the sub? Also, did you get a chance to mess with leveling the sub and back box speakers?

#869 5 years ago

@meurah, congrats, waiting on my LE... at least in here we can be CGC fanboys without much blowback...<looks over shoulder> I think... nah, some body will post some negative comment about me saying something positive about CGC and something negative about Stern... even if I dont say anything negative about Stern! Still waiting...

#870 5 years ago
Quoted from jbug:

You mention the sound is great, how good is the sub? Also, did you get a chance to mess with leveling the sub and back box speakers?

I didn't really get to experiment with the settings since the main purpose was to let my wife play. I'll be back down tomorrow solo and I'll play around more and report back.

#871 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

meurah, congrats, waiting on my LE... at least in here we can be CGC fanboys without much blowback...&lt;looks over shoulder&gt; I think... nah, some body will post some negative comment about me saying something positive about CGC and something negative about Stern... even if I dont say anything negative about Stern! Still waiting...

I'm pretty sure the negativity you receive has little to do with your opinions of Stern or CGC.

#872 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

meurah, congrats, waiting on my LE... at least in here we can be CGC fanboys without much blowback...&lt;looks over shoulder&gt; I think... nah, some body will post some negative comment about me saying something positive about CGC and something negative about Stern... even if I dont say anything negative about Stern! Still waiting...

Nothing negative to say as most have blocked you already. JK! I do however have a sincere suggestion. In a post buried some time ago you shared (I think you were being honest) a brief history of your previous life and accomplishments in the pinball industry. Do consider starting a thread entitled "Who is Bublehead to pinball" as I for one am interested in the unknown history and those behind the scenes creative individuals that gave us and new OEM's unique new directions for pinball. Seems like you enjoy writing and I suspect others would be interested to hear some of those details. If you don't like a spot light feel free to PM me as I would love to hear some things you worked on back in the day. Just a consideration, Not a ploy as I know how odd sailors can be. lol My son is a Chief in the Navy (youngest ever awarded the rank, proud dad).

#873 5 years ago

Have LE on order.. but not one of the # matchers.. may get impatient and get SE instead..
Will CGC make the topper available as an add on later?

#874 5 years ago
Quoted from PBINTHESOUTH:

Have LE on order.. but not one of the # matchers.. may get impatient and get SE instead..
Will CGC make the topper available as an add on later?

The topper is exclusive to the LE only and will not be sold separately, but you may be able to pick one up from an LE owner with a low ceiling.

#875 5 years ago

Anyone having an issue with glare from the back lights? My friend just got his MBR SE and he says he needs an anti glare glass installed on playfield. Unlike Stern he tells me there is no adjustment for the power on back lights.

#876 5 years ago

glare guards are $7

#877 5 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

The topper is exclusive to the LE only and will not be sold separately, but you may be able to pick one up from an LE owner with a low ceiling.

I'd be surprised if someone would part with the topper. I would think it would devalue the resale value substantially...

#878 5 years ago

@yelobird, thanks for not blocking me... lol. I will post a thread... those who can stomach me might read it...

#879 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

yelobird, thanks for not blocking me... lol. I will post a thread... those who can stomach me might read it...

I think your posts are hilarious. You can definitely tell you’re excited about the game.

#880 5 years ago

Paid today now waiting for Monster Bash Remake LE number 25

#881 5 years ago
Quoted from mjpinballs:

Paid today now waiting for Monster Bash Remake LE number 25

I spoke to my disty and they told me the LE's are starting to ship on the 13th...

#882 5 years ago

Come on and ship my CE please!!!!! all this suspense is killing me....... I know its just a classic edition but I NEED IT NOW!!!! LOL Been watching you tube vids on tips and everything.

#883 5 years ago
Quoted from Blacksun:

I spoke to my disty and they told me the LE's are starting to ship on the 13th...

Its great CGC is getting these games out the door. With every remake they seem to step it up a notch, which is nice to see. I think I'll be lucky to get my matching LE by end of January....I think getting all matching games out the door my xmas was a bit optimistic....

#884 5 years ago

Let me live my fantasy of waking up Christmas morning, racing downstairs to see a wonderful shiny new pinball machine wedged under the tree... the poor thing all covered in pine needles, pine tar dripping all over the powdercoat, heirloom brass ornaments scratching up the cabinet side art... a puddle of dog piss under one leg where Fido felt like releaving himself this morning and a suspicious looking dookie that smells like someone crapped all the cinnamon Santa cookies they predated last night too.

Thanks Santa, it was he most wonderful Christmas morning of my life.

#885 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Let me live my fantasy of waking up Christmas morning, racing downstairs to see a wonderful shiny new pinball machine wedged under the tree... the poor thing all covered in pine needles, pine tar dripping all over the powdercoat, heirloom brass ornaments scratching up the cabinet side art... a puddle of dog piss under one leg where Fido felt like releaving himself this morning and a suspicious looking dookie that smells like someone crapped all the cinnamon Santa cookies they predated last night too.
Thanks Santa, it was he most wonderful Christmas morning of my life.

Dreams are free right I love your optimism

#886 5 years ago

Grr waiting until feb/mar is going to be difficult. Game will be old news by then

#887 5 years ago

I'm hoping CGC was "promising long" but will "deliver short" and that our LE's are already in production and waiting to be boxed to get a nice, full 53' semi heading to the distribution center... I can hope, can't I?

I check the forum regularly hoping that someone has posted their unboxing photos of their brand new LE!

#888 5 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Grr waiting until feb/mar is going to be difficult. Game will be old news by then

It will still be new to you then.

Open up the box, the smell of new wood and fresh paint excites you. Start setting it up and see the shiny playfield and all the brand new assemblies on it.

Well worth the wait that will be forgotten in an instant when you are setting it up.

LTG : )

#889 5 years ago

Does anyone know if the standard invisible glass that fits on Stern machines will fit MBr?

#890 5 years ago
Quoted from DJNOEL30:

Does anyone know if the standard invisible glass that fits on Stern machines will fit MBr?

Yes it will.

#891 5 years ago
Quoted from DJNOEL30:

Yep fit my AFMRLE and MMRLE

#892 5 years ago

I am thinking about ordering a MB Cliffy ball eject protector. I assume it would work with a MBr? Anyone know for sure. I know I could use Mylar, but have been using Cliffy protectors for this purpose for years.

#893 5 years ago
Quoted from gripwhip:

I assume it would work with a MBr?

Yes. Same same.

LTG : )

#894 5 years ago
Quoted from DJNOEL30:

Do the LE's come with any type of invisaglass?

#895 5 years ago
Quoted from Blacksun:

Do the LE's come with any type of invisaglass?

Nope....$300 JJ

#896 5 years ago

Evidently the main hold-up on the LE's was the engraved plaques. Glad that is sorted and are now getting built!

#897 5 years ago
Quoted from Nytewatch33:

Evidently the main hold-up on the LE's was the engraved plaques. Glad that is sorted and are now getting built!

Great to hear! Hopefully they had a bunch of LEs already built and just needed to fasten the plaques to the lockdown bars

#898 5 years ago

For those interested, we have a monster bash remake rgb undercab light mod tested and ready to go. It is similar to our afmr undercab lights. The undercab lights tie into the speaker lights and move in sync with them. For now, these work with the le and se only.

We will have both speaker lights and undercab lights for the CE, but I am waiting to get my CE so I can test them. Other mods also in the works, but I need my game first

https://lermods.com/t/monster-bash-remake-pinball-mods

#899 5 years ago

Who/what distributor confirmed 12/13 ship date for Mb LE? Or is this just s rumor?

#900 5 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

For those interested, we have a monster bash remake rgb undercab light mod tested and ready to go. It is similar to our afmr undercab lights. The undercab lights tie into the speaker lights and move in sync with them. For now, these work with the le and se only.
We will have both speaker lights and undercab lights for the CE, but I am waiting to get my CE so I can test them. Other mods also in the works, but I need my game first
https://lermods.com/t/monster-bash-remake-pinball-mods

What about a plasma disk similar to the LE's?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Shepherdsville, KY
$ 12.95
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Asheville, NC
$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

12,125 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
St. Paul, MN
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 33.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 9,332 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 187.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monster-bash-remake-mbr-owners-club/page/18?hl=onthesnap and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.