(Topic ID: 222461)

Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)

By MrSanRamon

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)”

• I'm in on a CE 77 votes
    9%
  • I'm in on a SE 172 votes
    21%
  • I'm in on a LE 396 votes
    48%
  • I'm out for now 182 votes
    22%

(827 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

wire switch 2 (resized).jpg
R orbit switch (resized).jpg
IMG_4951 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4943 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0464 (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
IMG_3190 (resized).jpeg
Wolfman (resized).jpg
IMG_2467 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4014 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231111_165525077 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20231112-165133 (resized).png
20231110_123120 (resized).jpg
20231105_122730 (resized).jpg
94B393B7-CB09-4AFB-A166-CF0EC7F7F9A0 (resized).jpeg
3D150F78-A1C1-4B31-A9FA-00031163D7C1 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 9,327 posts in this topic. You are on page 186 of 187.
#9251 3 months ago

I recently purchased some glow plastics but haven't gotten around to installing them yet. They look amazing on my Godzilla so I'm expecting an awesome result.

#9252 3 months ago

I’m trying to tap into a 5v source to light up a mod. I already used the p87 for one mod and looking for another source. Does anyone know how I can test the plasma disk to see if it outputs 5v or any other 5v sources? Not sure the GI is 5v but it has 4rgb cables and don’t know if I can tap into that. Thanks!

#9253 3 months ago
Quoted from PinPickle:

Well… of all the pins I own and have owned (really not too many). This thread is by far the quietest. Hopefully because this pin is perfect.
Anyways. Finally have an MB on the way and will be here in a week or two.
3 key posts is insanity.
Is there anything other than the 3 points I should look for? And mods that make this game better.
Look forward to catching up on the read and getting this game in the lineup.
Thanks for the recommendation sent the topper separately[quoted image]

All I've added to my MB is the Frank's table and 3d printed a bust of Wolfy. Although I think I may still add a through light as it can get pretty dark near the flippers.

Wolfman (resized).jpgWolfman (resized).jpg
#9254 3 months ago
Quoted from Medic:

Yeah it’s quiet over here. I recently joined the club myself. I put pinstadiums, invisiglass, and franks table.

Thank you

Quoted from Zablon:

game is packed with toys so not really any mods (a few..but nothing must have). It just kind of works, not many issues. Not a lot to talk about other than to turn it on and stare at the beauty.

Awesome. It is a beauty.

Quoted from JBtheAVguy:

I recently purchased some glow plastics but haven't gotten around to installing them yet. They look amazing on my Godzilla so I'm expecting an awesome result.

I have a set of plastics as well. I will be doing that. Had them on my GOTG

Quoted from bnkbryan:

All I've added to my MB is the Frank's table and 3d printed a bust of Wolfy. Although I think I may still add a through light as it can get pretty dark near the flippers.[quoted image]

Another for Franks table. I will have to check that out.

#9255 3 months ago

UV trough strip LED, Frankie’s table, plasma disk if your game didn’t come with it already. I upgraded to CPR’s back glass, speaker panel cover and of course a NO BRAINER, the complete Precision system. The game is solid out of the box, other manufacturers should take note.

#9256 3 months ago
Quoted from Medic:

I’m trying to tap into a 5v source to light up a mod. I already used the p87 for one mod and looking for another source. Does anyone know how I can test the plasma disk to see if it outputs 5v or any other 5v sources? Not sure the GI is 5v but it has 4rgb cables and don’t know if I can tap into that.

No idea.

What ever you are doing, please be careful. I'm tired of tickets on the help desk with people damaging their boards. CGC repairs them or new boards. Both of which costs money.

You might consider a separate power supply and plug it into the service outlet.

LTG : )

#9257 3 months ago
Quoted from Enchantress:

UV trough strip LED, Frankie’s table, plasma disk if your game didn’t come with it already. I upgraded to CPR’s back glass, speaker panel cover and of course a NO BRAINER, the complete Precision system. The game is solid out of the box, other manufacturers should take note.

When I bought mine it had a trough light kit installed, wired through the coin door. One day I turned off the pin and pulled up the playfield only to get burnt by those lights. They were all scorched, hot and no longer working. So I just removed them. Not sure whose mod it was but must have not been wired to the right source.

2 weeks later
#9258 3 months ago

I have officially joined the club.

Played the pin once before this summer and I was hooked. Love CGC. Especially when I don’t have to wait for their production.

IMG_3190 (resized).jpegIMG_3190 (resized).jpeg
#9259 3 months ago
Quoted from PinPickle:

Played the pin once before this summer and I was hooked. Love CGC. Especially when I don’t have to wait for their production.
[quoted image]

What a great line-up you have. I have had a MBr LE for 3.5 years now. I have never had a mechanical failure, no bugs, no plastic issues and no damage to the playfield. Talk about solidly-built. It is definitely a lot easier to figure out the rules than the new Stern games. If you are like me- big on keeping the ball in play, not so much on strategy, then it is a great game. This contrasts well with the rest of my lineup, Mando and GZ. I am curious what is on the docket with CGC.. Is that already out there or unknown?

#9260 3 months ago
Quoted from DazedandConfused:

What a great line-up you have. I have had a MBr LE for 3.5 years now. I have never had a mechanical failure, no bugs, no plastic issues and no damage to the playfield. Talk about solidly-built. It is definitely a lot easier to figure out the rules than the new Stern games. If you are like me- big on keeping the ball in play, not so much on strategy, then it is a great game. This contrasts well with the rest of my lineup, Mando and GZ. I am curious what is on the docket with CGC.. Is that already out there or unknown?

That’s great to hear.

I picked up my CCR about a year ago and I love the simplicity and so do my guests. Easy to understand, easy to explain and built solid!!

CGC has Pulp for the next 2 years but Pedretti is now doing the Bally/Williams remakes. CGC production is just way too slow.

https://www.pinballnews.com/site/2023/12/22/pedretti-to-remake-williams-bally-titles/

#9261 3 months ago
Quoted from PinPickle:

[quoted image]

I have GZ Prem and MBr. Was considering a TSPP and see it there in your lineup. What do you think about it? Fun, cool theme, deep rules. I’ve never heard anyone that doesn’t love that; what’s your opinion?

#9262 3 months ago
Quoted from PinPickle:

That’s great to hear.
I picked up my CCR about a year ago and I love the simplicity and so do my guests. Easy to understand, easy to explain and built solid!!
CGC has Pulp for the next 2 years but Pedretti is now doing the Bally/Williams remakes. CGC production is just way too slow.
https://www.pinballnews.com/site/2023/12/22/pedretti-to-remake-williams-bally-titles/

Pedretti is now *also* doing some Bally/Williams remakes.

CGC is slow no doubt, but they still have their working relationship.

#9263 89 days ago

So I have legit had all I can take of Drac and his feet hitting the ball and sending it SDTM. I have tried everything I can think and have read in this thread.

I never had this issue with my OG MB.

This is just driving me nuts and makes the game no fun to play. I am ready to pull Drac cut him off at the knees and put him back in the game.

#9264 89 days ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

So I have legit had all I can take of Drac and his feet hitting the ball and sending it SDTM. I have tried everything I can think and have read in this thread.
This is just driving me nuts and makes the game no fun to play. I am ready to pull Drac cut him off at the knees and put him back in the game.

Does your Drac have the feet or no feet?

#9265 89 days ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Does your Drac have the feet or no feet?

Hard to tell tbh he looks like the pics online which say no feet but I think he does have feet. He is as he came from the factory.

I will need to take a closer look when I get home tonight and take a pic or two.

#9266 89 days ago

Yeah, if his toes are not cut off, like the OG eventually was, it can cause problems. Up your ball saver time and cut the toes off, then a tweak of the side rail usually fixes the Drac issue. Mine still does it once in a while. Also, the drac arm underneath has a home position opto that can stop him a little bit early leaving him stick out a little so it gets tricky trying to solve the issue when the home landing spot is not 100% aligned and he doesnt park as far as he can into his coffin. Never had to deal with that but some have gone that route and adjusted it to solve the issue.

#9267 89 days ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Yeah, if his toes are not cut off, like the OG eventually was, it can cause problems. Up your ball saver time and cut the toes off, then a tweak of the side rail usually fixes the Drac issue. Mine still does it once in a while. Also, the drac arm underneath has a home position opto that can stop him a little bit early leaving him stick out a little so it gets tricky trying to solve the issue when the home landing spot is not 100% aligned and he doesnt park as far as he can into his coffin. Never had to deal with that but some have gone that route and adjusted it to solve the issue.

Hmm I had not heard of this one. I mean he appears to be all the way in there but yeah if he moved just the tiniest bit to the right it would never be an issue.

Will have to look into it.

#9268 89 days ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

I resolved with this setup. Agree you gotta fix it, casuals/kids can’t nudge it…it’s a real buzzkill on the game.

Quoted from GCS2000:

Hmm I had not heard of this one. I mean he appears to be all the way in there but yeah if he moved just the tiniest bit to the right it would never be an issue.
Will have to look into it.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#9269 89 days ago
Quoted from dtmail209:

I resolved with this setup. Agree you gotta fix it, casuals/kids can’t nudge it…it’s a real buzzkill on the game.
[quoted image]

You are so right people walk away after it happens a few times.

This is a clever fix and avoids him all together, will have to look into that method as well. Thank you.

#9270 89 days ago

Thanks man. It’s a 100% fix. I will say that at times when you are in the werewolf mode and you hit the left orbit it has a tendency to whip around down the right orbit and go down the middle. But it’s a more advanced shot deeper in the game and you can nudge it … so I’ll take it over the foot issue.

I briefly humored modifying his feet, but that seemed like a terrible idea.

Good luck!

#9271 89 days ago
Quoted from dtmail209:

[quoted image]

Also how I fixed mine. Works great. You barely need that ball guide to move very far. Regular rubbers don't last as long, highly suggest a Titan or superband type thing.

#9272 89 days ago
Quoted from dtmail209:

I have GZ Prem and MBr. Was considering a TSPP and see it there in your lineup. What do you think about it? Fun, cool theme, deep rules. I’ve never heard anyone that doesn’t love that; what’s your opinion?

I would sell it in a second if my family let me. First pin my guests play and it’s a favorite for the family. I’m not a fan and I LIVE the theme.

I am a newer collector and prefer how tight newer pins feel. Simpsons was my first pin but I have definitely fallen out of love with it. It’s never played by me.

#9273 89 days ago
Quoted from PinPickle:

I would sell it in a second if my family let me. First pin my guests play and it’s a favorite for the family. I’m not a fan and I LIVE the theme.
I am a newer collector and prefer how tight newer pins feel. Simpsons was my first pin but I have definitely fallen out of love with it. It’s never played by me.

Appreciate that perspective, especially if you dig the theme. Agree there is a clunk to it; possibly charming but not silky like GZ. I’m rebuilding the data east simpsons now and have it in my head the two would be great together. Just not sure I want to take up more real estate in my house either. Thanks!

#9274 86 days ago

I set the date and time on my monster Bash remake, and a few days later the date had changed after I enter the correct date and press the start button to save. Is there something else I need to do?

#9275 85 days ago
Quoted from dtmail209:

[quoted image]

I'm interested in this. If you could, please describe what exactly I'm looking at here. Did you just jam some spare green rubber post sleeves between the ball guide and the black post? Are they held in place in any other way that just being jammed in there?

Thanks. I've not been able to solve the problem of slow balls coming down out of the right orbit SDTM, and when I tried to bend the ball guide inward, I found that it wouldn't budge because its bottom is anchored into the playfield.

#9276 84 days ago
Quoted from gwarrior:

I'm interested in this. If you could, please describe what exactly I'm looking at here. Did you just jam some spare green rubber post sleeves between the ball guide and the black post? Are they held in place in any other way that just being jammed in there?
Thanks. I've not been able to solve the problem of slow balls coming down out of the right orbit SDTM, and when I tried to bend the ball guide inward, I found that it wouldn't budge because its bottom is anchored into the playfield.

It’s been a little while since I did it, but basically you have it right. I think it’s 2 post sleeves of varying size (over the post) and then an extra round rubber. If you disassemble that area … you just want to find a way to create some separation from the post to the metal curve. At first I slid cardboard in, but it wasn’t enough. Then resorted to this setup.

Good luck!!

#9277 84 days ago
Quoted from dtmail209:

It’s been a little while since I did it, but basically you have it right. I think it’s 2 post sleeves of varying size (over the post) and then an extra round rubber. If you disassemble that area … you just want to find a way to create some separation from the post to the metal curve. At first I slid cardboard in, but it wasn’t enough. Then resorted to this setup.
Good luck!!

Thanks. I went back just now to see about moving the ball guide toward the center of the playfield away from Drac's feet. I had hesitated to "force" it previously, but decided to go for it this time.

With a flathead screwdriver, I wedged the tip in between the inside of the ball guide, and the black rubber post next to it. Then, I used it as a lever to push the ball guide away from Drac's feet. This resulted in bad news and good news. The bad news is that I marred the rubber sleeve along with the leading edge of the ball guide, and the bottom corner of the ball guide scratched the playfield a bit. But, the good news is that I was able to push the ball guide a couple of millimeters away from Drac's feet. It seems to be staying put in its new bent inwards position without the need to shove anything between the guide on the black post sleeve. And, the end result is that balls no longer bounce off Drac's feet, even of very slow balls. Instead, the ball lands on either the right flipper of the right slingshot.

If it stays put, I won't need to jam anything in between the ball guide and the black post, as seen in your post. If it starts to move back, I might just try putting a wider diameter post sleeve in place of the black sleeve, maybe something like this: https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/26648Y

Thanks for posting your solution. Although I didn't quite replicate it, it inspired me to go back and attempt to move the ball guide inwards with a little more force than in my prior tinkering, and this seems to have worked for now.

#9278 81 days ago
Quoted from gwarrior:

Thanks. I went back just now to see about moving the ball guide toward the center of the playfield away from Drac's feet. I had hesitated to "force" it previously, but decided to go for it this time.
With a flathead screwdriver, I wedged the tip in between the inside of the ball guide, and the black rubber post next to it. Then, I used it as a lever to push the ball guide away from Drac's feet. This resulted in bad news and good news. The bad news is that I marred the rubber sleeve along with the leading edge of the ball guide, and the bottom corner of the ball guide scratched the playfield a bit. But, the good news is that I was able to push the ball guide a couple of millimeters away from Drac's feet. It seems to be staying put in its new bent inwards position without the need to shove anything between the guide on the black post sleeve. And, the end result is that balls no longer bounce off Drac's feet, even of very slow balls. Instead, the ball lands on either the right flipper of the right slingshot.
If it stays put, I won't need to jam anything in between the ball guide and the black post, as seen in your post. If it starts to move back, I might just try putting a wider diameter post sleeve in place of the black sleeve, maybe something like this: https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/26648Y
Thanks for posting your solution. Although I didn't quite replicate it, it inspired me to go back and attempt to move the ball guide inwards with a little more force than in my prior tinkering, and this seems to have worked for now.

I gotta say I have not noticed the problem with my MBr LE and am pretty sure it has never been modified. Once in a while it will go SDTM from R orbit, but pretty infrequent. Maybe some batches had this issue and some not?

#9279 81 days ago
Quoted from DazedandConfused:

I gotta say I have not noticed the problem with my MBr LE and am pretty sure it has never been modified. Once in a while it will go SDTM from R orbit, but pretty infrequent. Maybe some batches had this issue and some not?

That is good. If you have the problem, it’s incredibly noticeable. Balls just rolls out down the metal form on the right, taps dracs shoe and then goes SDTM. It downright sucks and has to be fixed/modded. I tried lots of leveling before this solution too.

#9280 81 days ago
Quoted from gwarrior:

It will bend itself back eventually. Stick a small circular rubber around the post to create a little distance between the post closest to Drac's feet and the ball guide. The tolerance is SO slight here that even 1 or 2 millimeters makes a difference. My game's Drac still has his feet, and this pretty much permanently solved the issue (granted, my game is an OG MB but it's more or less identical)

1 week later
#9281 70 days ago

Hello everybody,
hope anyone here can help me, because i‘m i little bit lost with my problem.. ich recently bought a CGC Monster Bash without the original topper.. now I’m trying to rebuild the topper (with original monster figures and original topper PCB). Last thing I don’t see from the manuals is, how the lights in the topper are wired internally.. could anybody help me, maybe by taking a picture of the topper internal wiring of the single leds in the topper?
Would really appreciate if anybody may help me.
Best regards, Andy

#9282 70 days ago
Quoted from turbomensh:

Hello everybody,
hope anyone here can help me, because i‘m i little bit lost with my problem.. ich recently bought a CGC Monster Bash without the original topper.. now I’m trying to rebuild the topper (with original monster figures and original topper PCB). Last thing I don’t see from the manuals is, how the lights in the topper are wired internally.. could anybody help me, maybe by taking a picture of the topper internal wiring of the single leds in the topper?
Would really appreciate if anybody may help me.
Best regards, Andy

Very curious about this - where did you source the PCB from?

#9283 70 days ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Very curious about this - where did you source the PCB from?

Planetary Pinball carries CGC parts. I got a set of the topper figures just as insurance against stupidity and dumb accidents. I have had to replace the topper driver board, I got that from Planetary. Its under $60-

https://www.planetarypinball.com/pinball-MB-PCB-TOPPER2

#9284 70 days ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Planetary Pinball carries CGC parts. I got a set of the topper figures just as insurance against stupidity and dumb accidents. I have had to replace the topper driver board, I got that from Planetary. Its under $60-

Interesting! I wonder if I could wire this to my original MB somehow..

#9285 70 days ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Could you tell me how the Topper is wired internally? from the manual and schematics of the pcb I don’t get a clue

#9286 70 days ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Interesting! I wonder if I could wire this to my original MB somehow..

I cannot guarantee this but there are several people who did this with the MMR KOP topper ie wired it to their OG MM from 97.

Need the topper board (which is available out there) for one after that I don't know but maybe check that thread for information which is where I saw it.

#9287 70 days ago
Quoted from turbomensh:

Could you tell me how the Topper is wired internally? from the manual and schematics of the pcb I don’t get a clue

I never dived that deep, just had my Topper stop working, figured only thing that can go wrong is the driver board, so replaced it, since there is a single driver channel muxed between the different banks of RGB LEDs... only the white flasher channel doesn't go through it, but all the other banks do. The way I think it works, the topper has 4 wires, power, ground, signal RGB, signal flasher... then they drive the red, green, and blue LEDs using a single MOSFET that is frame clocked, so they transmit a clocked serial value and turn the red on for the duration of the bit length, then green, then blue... so for this "frame" turn on red for x miliseconds, green for y, and blue for z. So now they control three RGB channels with one signal line, the white flasher LEDs on the second line (independent of the RGB mosfet) and it gives them total temporal control of the brightness and color. At least that is me armchair reverse engineering it, just looking at the board and the wiring casually.

#9288 69 days ago

Thank you but to be honest I’m still pretty lost on that maybe someone open the topper and had a closer look at the wiring. Or can tell, what lamps are connected to what plug on the topper pcb - sure would help first step what connectors are used and which ones are not used and open on the pcb:

IMG_0464 (resized).pngIMG_0464 (resized).png
#9289 68 days ago

LTG I got a call the GI lights are off on my machine. What fuse should and I bring and anything else?

Thanks

John

#9290 68 days ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

I got a call the GI lights are off on my machine. What fuse should and I bring and anything else?

They part of all the lights. Fuses are on page 1-57 in the manual . F105 and F106 would be my guess. 20mm 3A slow blow or time delayed.

1 week later
#9291 60 days ago

Would love to find a topper for my MBr. Can’t seem to locate one. Any suggestions where to get one?

#9292 60 days ago
Quoted from WannabeWizard:

Would love to find a topper for my MBr. Can’t seem to locate one. Any suggestions where to get one?

The topper figures are available on Planetary Pinball along with the driver board, but the LED and white flashers are not listed that I found. Buying a LE was the only way to get the original topper.

#9293 60 days ago
Quoted from PinPickle:

[quoted image]

Love the carpet!!!

#9294 59 days ago

Contact Lalo at CyUniversal for a killer aftermarket option.

#9295 59 days ago

Get creative and you can have a topper

IMG_4943 (resized).jpegIMG_4943 (resized).jpeg
#9296 53 days ago

Hi, I have bought a low play monster bash remake and have recently got back into pinball, the game was playing great and when I turned it on earlier I noticed a buzzing sound that is constant, the left sling was not working, however lifted the playfield and made sure the wires are in and seems to have corrected itself, then did a factory reset and now have a buzzing, the left chute is saying a fault and is closed and the volume can be turned up from eight however not below, please does anyone have any ideas

#9297 53 days ago
Quoted from Pinballers:

Hi, I have bought a low play monster bash remake and have recently got back into pinball, the game was playing great and when I turned it on earlier I noticed a buzzing sound that is constant, the left sling was not working, however lifted the playfield and made sure the wires are in and seems to have corrected itself, then did a factory reset and now have a buzzing, the left chute is saying a fault and is closed and the volume can be turned up from eight however not below, please does anyone have any ideas

Does the buzzing sound like it’s coming from a coil or the speakers? I get a speaker buzz if my backbox gi is anything other than 100% brightness. I’ve also had speaker buzz that eventually went away from some cabinet under lighting I had installed.

The left outlane I guess you need to look at the switch to see what is going on there.

The original Williams service menu for the game has an adjustment to allow minimum volume levels to be set which probably got reset.

#9298 53 days ago
Quoted from Pinballers:

please does anyone have any ideas

Adjustment A.1 28 minimum volume over ride. Change it.

#9299 53 days ago

Thanks

#9300 53 days ago
Quoted from LTG:

Adjustment A.1 28 minimum volume over ride. Change it.

Your an asset to the community LTG!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

$ 33.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Shepherdsville, KY
12,125 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
St. Paul, MN
$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 12.95
$ 210.00
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 9,327 posts in this topic. You are on page 186 of 187.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monster-bash-remake-mbr-owners-club/page/186 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.