(Topic ID: 222461)

Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)

By MrSanRamon

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 9,305 posts
  • 727 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 days ago by SiN13
  • Topic is favorited by 277 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)”

• I'm in on a CE 77 votes
    9%
  • I'm in on a SE 172 votes
    21%
  • I'm in on a LE 396 votes
    48%
  • I'm out for now 182 votes
    22%

(827 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4951 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4943 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0464 (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
IMG_3190 (resized).jpeg
Wolfman (resized).jpg
IMG_2467 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4014 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231111_165525077 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20231112-165133 (resized).png
20231110_123120 (resized).jpg
20231105_122730 (resized).jpg
94B393B7-CB09-4AFB-A166-CF0EC7F7F9A0 (resized).jpeg
3D150F78-A1C1-4B31-A9FA-00031163D7C1 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6465 (resized).jpeg
pop_mart_monsters (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 9,305 posts in this topic. You are on page 185 of 187.
#9201 4 months ago

I was lucky enough to be a tester for this mod. If he ever makes it commercially available I recommend it!!

northvibe

Richard

IMG_6465 (resized).jpegIMG_6465 (resized).jpeg
#9202 4 months ago
Quoted from Richard-NBA-SF2:

I was lucky enough to be a tester for this mod. If he ever makes it commercially available I recommend it!!
northvibe
Richard
[quoted image]

Thanks Richard!

I want to start an interest list for this decal and then I can go to the print shop to get them made if it makes sense. The decal is professionally printed. Art is on the back side w/ white behind the art and clear where there is no art. This decal was to mimic/throw back to the original CFTBL decal. The colors match the original decal not the art on the MB playfield, just be aware. This will fit on both the original and remake of MB. This would be $20 USD plus shipping. If I remember other decals they ship in envelope w/ cardstock sandwiching the decal. That may make some sense for some, but if there is any worry on bending it, the small usps box is an option too.

To install you will have to remove the green plastic from the game.

#9203 4 months ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Thanks Richard!
I want to start an interest list for this decal and then I can go to the print shop to get them made if it makes sense. The decal is professionally printed. Art is on the back side w/ white behind the art and clear where there is no art. This decal was to mimic/throw back to the original CFTBL decal. The colors match the original decal not the art on the MB playfield, just be aware. This will fit on both the original and remake of MB. This would be $20 USD plus shipping. If I remember other decals they ship in envelope w/ cardstock sandwiching the decal. That may make some sense for some, but if there is any worry on bending it, the small usps box is an option too.
To install you will have to remove the green plastic from the game.

Is the above image representative of the final product? Please don't take offense but I'm asking this because of the aliased bits of white around the edges of the art. I would expect all that white to be masked out with a clean edge between the black outlines of the art and the transparent parts of the decal.

#9204 4 months ago
Quoted from SiN13:

Is the above image representative of the final product? Please don't take offense but I'm asking this because of the aliased bits of white around the edges of the art. I would expect all that white to be masked out with a clean edge between the black outlines of the art and the transparent parts of the decal.

OH dang, I thought that was original, the white blocks/8bit looking white, but looking at my scans it is not. Well if the printer cannot make it better, then I won't sell them.

#9205 4 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

Memory protect switch would display that. We are talking about the high power interlock switch. It is possible one of the switches is pushed in better than the other.
LTG : )

Ok cool so one sw is the hi power and the the other is mem protect. I will check it thanks.

#9206 4 months ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

Instead of giving free help, you should be selling "coin door switch plate shims"...
Robert

Thankfully LTG doesn't think that way.

#9207 4 months ago
Quoted from JBtheAVguy:

Thankfully LTG doesn't think that way.

He's a good man. I think this was tongue cheek.

#9208 4 months ago

Monster Bash glass covers have arrived and are now available in my store. Second picture show how vibrant the colors really are. See link below, $50 each. Cheers.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1505-duke-pinball/09632-monster-bash-glass-cover-

3D150F78-A1C1-4B31-A9FA-00031163D7C1 (resized).jpeg3D150F78-A1C1-4B31-A9FA-00031163D7C1 (resized).jpeg94B393B7-CB09-4AFB-A166-CF0EC7F7F9A0 (resized).jpeg94B393B7-CB09-4AFB-A166-CF0EC7F7F9A0 (resized).jpeg

#9209 3 months ago
Quoted from Freeplay69:

Monster Bash glass covers have arrived and are now available in my store. Second picture show how vibrant the colors really are. See link below, $50 each. Cheers.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1505-duke-pinball/09632-monster-bash-glass-cover-
[quoted image][quoted image]

Can you provide more details on the material used? Is this like a yoga mat so I can set tools on it while I work on other machines? OR is this just a thin piece of material to act as a dust cover? Other?

#9210 3 months ago
Quoted from SiN13:

My thoughts exactly. I love innovation, but had the same thoughts about the square pixels. Glad to see Northvibe is reasonable . Hope you sell a swamp load of these.

#9211 3 months ago
Quoted from midcoastsurf:

Can you provide more details on the material used? Is this like a yoga mat so I can set tools on it while I work on other machines? OR is this just a thin piece of material to act as a dust cover? Other?

I believe these are a light, cloth material. There’s a video in the Pin Shops that shows them being rolled up easily like a blanket which does not appear would be good to put anything on. If the case, I’ll stick with PinShields for half the cost. These do look good though.

#9212 3 months ago
Quoted from Harvester:

I believe these are a light, cloth material. There’s a video in the Pin Shops that shows them being rolled up easily like a blanket which does not appear would be good to put anything on. If the case, I’ll stick with PinShields for half the cost. These do look good though.

Good to know. Personally, the only reason I would cover my glass is to place tools and parts on it to use as a table while I work on the game next to it. I like to see the playfield of my games and don't mind the 5 seconds to clean the glass every now and then.

#9213 3 months ago

Hi guys, newbie here. I've got a MB SE, and the bottom light of the four lights for Creature intermittently goes out. I though it might be a loose bulb, or I need a new bulb, but when I examined it, I'm not sure there are bulbs, or maybe they're not easily accessible. I've attached two pictures, a front and side view. It's an intermittent problem, but I'd still like to fix it. Can anyone let me know what needs to be done? Thanks.

20231105_122730 (resized).jpg20231105_122730 (resized).jpg20231110_123120 (resized).jpg20231110_123120 (resized).jpg
#9214 3 months ago
Quoted from KingMixer:

Hi guys, newbie here. I've got a MB SE, and the bottom light of the four lights for Creature intermittently goes out. I though it might be a loose bulb, or I need a new bulb, but when I examined it, I'm not sure there are bulbs, or maybe they're not easily accessible. I've attached two pictures, a front and side view. It's an intermittent problem, but I'd still like to fix it. Can anyone let me know what needs to be done? Thanks.

I had a similar problem, did what LTG suggested below, and (knock on wood) so far so good.

Quoted from LTG:

I'd try cleaning with alcohol or something and then reseat the connector. Be sure it is on tight. Maybe a dab of hot glue.

#9215 3 months ago

@LTG
Need a replacement flipper coil for my MB remake. Question, I noticed the original coil does not have visible diodes on the coil, yet looking at the replacement they do. Is this still the correct coil or do the remakes take a different coil?

IMG_20231111_165525077 (resized).jpgIMG_20231111_165525077 (resized).jpgScreenshot_20231112-165133 (resized).pngScreenshot_20231112-165133 (resized).png
#9216 3 months ago
Quoted from 2manyhobbies:

Is this still the correct coil or do the remakes take a different coil?

That coil will work IF you cut the diodes off.

#9217 3 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

That coil will work IF you cut the diodes off.

Thank you Lloyd!

#9218 3 months ago
Quoted from KingMixer:

I've had this problem multiple times on my MBr (and actually am having it again right now). The bottom diode becomes loose (probably from the continual vibrations), and starts being intermittent. Then it will stop working completely, and eventually it will actually fall off.

If you are good with a soldering iron (and I am not), you might be able to solder in a replacement diode. What I have done is simply buy a replacement board from Planetary Pinball. I've replaced the board 3 times now, and I will probably have to do it again.

#9219 3 months ago

Just replaced the shooter lane switch, since it was sitting too high and the balls eventually broke it when being fed, but I am still seeing another issue that maybe someone has already seen. When in multi-ball, sometimes the ball will sit in the shooter lane and not be auto fed to the play field. I know the new switch is working. What is the feedback to the plunger to auto shoot the ball besides the switch? I checked the optos in the ball feed and all function. Could this be an issue with the auto plunger? It would not fire the ball when I pressed it during multi-ball. Any help is appreciated.

#9220 3 months ago
Quoted from eroomnek:

Just replaced the shooter lane switch, since it was sitting too high and the balls eventually broke it when being fed, but I am still seeing another issue that maybe someone has already seen. When in multi-ball, sometimes the ball will sit in the shooter lane and not be auto fed to the play field. I know the new switch is working. What is the feedback to the plunger to auto shoot the ball besides the switch? I checked the optos in the ball feed and all function. Could this be an issue with the auto plunger? It would not fire the ball when I pressed it during multi-ball. Any help is appreciated.

In test verify
All trough switch/optos
Shooter lane switch
Plunger coil

Make sure the game in test is seeing all those to verify a ball drain, knows how many balls it has in the trough and in the shooter lane.

I forgot if the wms trough has a jam opto too

#9221 3 months ago
Quoted from eroomnek:

I know the new switch is working.

Is it staying closed with a ball on it ?

#9222 3 months ago
Quoted from eroomnek:

I know the new switch is working.

Is it wired in right and no diode ?

#9223 3 months ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

I've had this problem multiple times on my MBr (and actually am having it again right now). The bottom diode becomes loose (probably from the continual vibrations), and starts being intermittent. Then it will stop working completely, and eventually it will actually fall off.
If you are good with a soldering iron (and I am not), you might be able to solder in a replacement diode. What I have done is simply buy a replacement board from Planetary Pinball. I've replaced the board 3 times now, and I will probably have to do it again.

Thanks for your reply. I also am no good with a soldering iron, but my pinball guru is. He thought he might have to replace the diode, as you said. In fact, he's got a call into CGC to find out if a replacement diode can be purchased. But I like your solution much better. Much easier to just replace the board. And when I found that the board plus shipping would only cost about 20 bucks, it was a no brainer for me. Thanks again for your help.

#9224 3 months ago

Hi all. I've been looking for a MB for a while. Interested in LE but not sure I have the space for the topper. Can it be removed easily? Does it impact game play in any way? I've only ever played the SE. Sorry for newbie question.

#9225 3 months ago
Quoted from Qui-Gon_Pinn:

Can it be removed easily?

Yes. Unplug connectors in back box going up to it. On top four screws.

Does it impact game play in any way?

No.

#9226 3 months ago

LTG - thx for the response. One follow up. Would CGC ever do another run of MB? Or once they are done, off to the next? I think Stern does runs several years later but not sure if CGC has any history. The local distributor near me said its possibility, but could be years down the road...or never.

#9227 3 months ago

Would CGC ever do another run of MB?

I don't know for sure. Myself, I doubt it.

#9228 3 months ago

LTG - thx for the response. One follow up. Would CGC ever do another run of MB? Or once they are done, off to the next? I think Stern does runs several years later but not sure if CGC has any history. The local distributor near me said its possibility, but could be years down the road...or never.

if they do, it will be years down the road, takes them 3 yrs to make a title, and have many more hard to get games supposedly coming. you're looking at 10 yrs minimum.

#9229 3 months ago

I finally got a MB special edition and I'm trying to decide if I should purchase the shaker motor. Can anyone share their recommendations based on your time with the game?

#9230 3 months ago

Love the shaker motor! Frank hits and shaker as he cries in agony one of my favorite moments in all of pinball! Great game must have mod imo.

#9231 3 months ago
Quoted from billsgto:

I finally got a MB special edition and I'm trying to decide if I should purchase the shaker motor. Can anyone share their recommendations based on your time with the game?

I love the shaker in MBr. Not over done. Just the right amount of shaking for this game!

#9232 3 months ago

I too really like the selective use of the shaker.

#9233 3 months ago

Thanks for the input, I definitely see a shaker motor in my future. Hopefully I can take advantage of a Black Friday sale this week to save a few dollars.

#9234 3 months ago

Can this be purchased anywhere to fix it?

IMG_4014 (resized).jpegIMG_4014 (resized).jpeg
#9235 3 months ago
Quoted from Medic:

Can this be purchased anywhere to fix it?
[quoted image]

https://www.pinballlife.com/monster-bash-purple-globe-lamp-dome.html

#9236 3 months ago

Back in the club. MB LE was my first machine. Kids always talked about this machine as their favorite.

#9237 3 months ago

Does anyone have a Black Friday sale on shaker motors for MBr?

#9238 3 months ago

Honestly I forgot I had the shaker in MBr. It’s there and shake, but it’s not too noticeable. Maybe there is a setting to increase it?

#9239 3 months ago
Quoted from dtmail209:

Maybe there is a setting to increase it?

In the CGC menu in the game. Page 1-15 in the manual.

#9240 3 months ago
Quoted from Medic:

Back in the club. MB LE was my first machine. Kids always talked about this machine as their favorite.

You trade out Beatles for it? I had my eye on that for a while. My sister is a big Beatles fan and lives in Lake Zurich but I couldn't talk her into it.

#9241 3 months ago
Quoted from SiN13:

You trade out Beatles for it? I had my eye on that for a while. My sister is a big Beatles fan and lives in Lake Zurich but I couldn't talk her into it.

I have a buyer for Beatles that’s picking up the game next week. I wasn’t able to find a trade for it so sell/buy separately. Beatles wasn’t for me and my family. Small world that she’s from Lake Zurich. If she’s into pinball we have a small group that gets together

1 week later
#9242 3 months ago

Working on the details of getting an LE sent to me and I have a question about shipping.

Going to be shipping with Beltmann and they are going to be wrapping it up for my seller. Seller is going to wrap the pin, wrap the head, and lower the head etc.

My question is about the topper. I know CGC toppers are substantial. Do you think it needs to be removed or is it fine staying on the head?

#9243 3 months ago
Quoted from PinPickle:Working on the details of getting an LE sent to me and I have a question about shipping.
Going to be shipping with Beltmann and they are going to be wrapping it up for my seller. Seller is going to wrap the pin, wrap the head, and lower the head etc.
My question is about the topper. I know CGC toppers are substantial. Do you think it needs to be removed or is it fine staying on the head?

REMOVE. IT. Separate box. I wouldn't even ship it with STI if you want to make sure it survives. Ask them to take it to FedEx or something. It's worth it even if they want more money

#9244 3 months ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

REMOVE. IT. Separate box. I wouldn't even ship it with STI if you want to make sure it survives. Ask them to take it to FedEx or something. It's worth it even if they want more money

Will do! Thank you

#9245 3 months ago

I’m looking for a right side cabinet decal if anyone has one for sale. Thanks!

#9246 88 days ago
Quoted from Tres:

I’m looking for a right side cabinet decal if anyone has one for sale. Thanks!

I have one for sale.

3 weeks later
#9247 68 days ago

Anybody install the disco light on the remake? I have a few questions thanks

#9248 67 days ago

Well… of all the pins I own and have owned (really not too many). This thread is by far the quietest. Hopefully because this pin is perfect.

Anyways. Finally have an MB on the way and will be here in a week or two.

3 key posts is insanity.

Is there anything other than the 3 points I should look for? And mods that make this game better.

Look forward to catching up on the read and getting this game in the lineup.

Thanks for the recommendation sent the topper separately

IMG_2467 (resized).jpegIMG_2467 (resized).jpeg
#9249 67 days ago
Quoted from PinPickle:

Well… of all the pins I own and have owned (really not too many). This thread is by far the quietest. Hopefully because this pin is perfect.
Anyways. Finally have an MB on the way and will be here in a week or two.
3 key posts is insanity.
Is there anything other than the 3 points I should look for? And mods that make this game better.
Look forward to catching up on the read and getting this game in the lineup.
Thanks for the recommendation sent the topper separately[quoted image]

Yeah it’s quiet over here. I recently joined the club myself. I put pinstadiums, invisiglass, and franks table.

#9250 67 days ago

game is packed with toys so not really any mods (a few..but nothing must have). It just kind of works, not many issues. Not a lot to talk about other than to turn it on and stare at the beauty.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
There are 9,305 posts in this topic. You are on page 185 of 187.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monster-bash-remake-mbr-owners-club/page/185 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.