(Topic ID: 222461)

Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)

By MrSanRamon

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 9,332 posts
  • 732 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by KingMixer
  • Topic is favorited by 277 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)”

• I'm in on a CE 77 votes
    9%
  • I'm in on a SE 172 votes
    21%
  • I'm in on a LE 396 votes
    48%
  • I'm out for now 182 votes
    22%

(827 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

wire switch 2 (resized).jpg
R orbit switch (resized).jpg
IMG_4951 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4943 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0464 (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
IMG_3190 (resized).jpeg
Wolfman (resized).jpg
IMG_2467 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4014 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231111_165525077 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20231112-165133 (resized).png
20231110_123120 (resized).jpg
20231105_122730 (resized).jpg
94B393B7-CB09-4AFB-A166-CF0EC7F7F9A0 (resized).jpeg
3D150F78-A1C1-4B31-A9FA-00031163D7C1 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 9,332 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 187.
#801 5 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

I reached out to a local vendor, left a message. They never got back to me.
I don't care if you don't have any more LE's for sale.
Return my call. Because,

I think I know who that "local dealer" is. Have had same experience. I have moved on since.

#802 5 years ago
Quoted from ShinyBall:

I think I know who that "local dealer" is. Have had same experience. I have moved on since.

Don't know if they're the same ones we're talking about.
But, I will tell you I will avoid them in the future and go for someone else. Just a shame as they are so close to my house and I really thought that could be a boon.
Just cemented to me that I'll try to always buy from Hemispheres Amusements first. They treated me right and gave me a little bit of a discount as well. So when I pay off my MBr I'll buy my Ghostbusters from them hopefully.

#803 5 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

First, I made multiple calls. On multiple days. Left one message and waited to be called back. I never got the call.
THIS IS WHEN THE LE's WERE SELLING OUT.
I'm not going to wait and sit for a phone call.
And I'm sorry. I run my own business, worked for my Father's law firm.
If you can't return a phone call or an inquiry you don't DESERVE Business.
I didn't want to lose out on the LE, so I had to buy from the ones I saw. I don't have many connections in the pinball world yet.
But, I will tell you this. I think I'm going to keep my vendors who sold me my Iron Maiden, even if they are a bit further away than I 'd like.
They're good honest people. Just wish they also sold for Chicago Gaming is all.
But, the whole concept that its okay for a business not to return calls is a joke.
And you're a bit silly that a person couldn't have taken 20-30 seconds returned my call and told me unfortunate he didn't have any more and sold out of his allotment. That's part of the responsibility of being a vendor.
If you can't do that, then you shouldn't be in any kind of business...
That is not asking too much. That is bare minimum.

I do understand your frustration. I'm going through that with other things - garage roofers, tree trimmers. It's amazing how many don't bother to call you back. I realize people are busy, but you either want business or you don't. If you can't call me back in some manner, I won't call you again, and I won't recommend you either.

#804 5 years ago
20181201_151945_resized (resized).jpg20181201_151945_resized (resized).jpg20181201_151950_resized (resized).jpg20181201_151950_resized (resized).jpg20181201_155204_resized (resized).jpg20181201_155204_resized (resized).jpg20181201_155211_resized (resized).jpg20181201_155211_resized (resized).jpg20181201_155245_resized (resized).jpg20181201_155245_resized (resized).jpg
#805 5 years ago

That’s a nice line up! Can’t wait for my LE, I see you got a Circus Voltaire in there. That’s one of my dream games at the moment just haven’t had the opportunity to buy one. Congrats on your MB!

#806 5 years ago
Quoted from DJNOEL30:

That’s a nice line up! Can’t wait for my LE, I see you got a Circus Voltaire in there. That’s one of my dream games at the moment just haven’t had the opportunity to buy one. Congrats on your MB!

Thanks. I saw the CV for sale from Firebird Pinball. He did a nice job shopping it. I jumped on it right away! One of my favorites. Only pin I have beaten so far. You will love your LE.

#807 5 years ago
Quoted from drummermike:

Thanks. I saw the CV for sale from Firebird Pinball. He did a nice job shopping it. I jumped on it right away! One of my favorites. Only pin I have beaten so far. You will love your LE.

I have one of those VPCabs and play CV quite often, not the same but still a fun game. I've been anxiously waiting in the mean time I've been playing MB virtually on the Vertigo to hold me over hahaha

#808 5 years ago
Quoted from DJNOEL30:

I have one of those VPCabs and play CV quite often, not the same but still a fun game. I've been anxiously waiting in the mean time I've been playing MB virtually on the Vertigo to hold me over hahaha

Not many CV out there. Good luck in finding one. Some people do get tired of it. I never tire of the ringmaster. Rudy is better though!

#809 5 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

So when I pay off my MBr I'll buy my Ghostbusters from them hopefully.

That was my first (of three) games from Hemispheres... but in early 2019 we’re coming up on 3 years since it entered production, so they probably won’t be making them a whole lot longer.

Lots of used ones to choose from though!

#810 5 years ago
Quoted from c508:

That was my first (of three) games from Hemispheres... but in early 2019 we’re coming up on 3 years since it entered production, so they probably won’t be making them a whole lot longer.
Lots of used ones to choose from though!

You're right... I prefer new games to old... But, if I have to get a used one I might aim for an LE as that Backglass is slightly better than the Prem and Pro.
But, if all goes right I should be able to get a ghostbusters in May. And if all goes really well an Elvira 3 a few months after its released...
I'm waiting a few months after because I think Stern makes their games better. I know Iron Maiden they are making it different and better than how mine was made in regards to the Mummy ball lock and a few other items.
But, if I have to get a used one... I'll get a heavily modded one too and that'll save me some time. Maybe one with the color dmd.

#811 5 years ago

Looks like Pinballs.com is still advertising MBr Le's for sale...

#812 5 years ago

Diospinball I am really eager for the Elivira 3 reveal! I have high hopes (especially with all the potential for incorporating footage from her specials and movies)! Would not be surprised if it end up being a NIB for me too.

Anyway if you are ever in the South Bend area, come play my GB (and other games too)!

#813 5 years ago
Quoted from stretch2:

Looks like Pinballs.com is still advertising MBr Le's for sale...

Alot of places still have them available....

#814 5 years ago

Are they same price everywhere?

#815 5 years ago
Quoted from vj82:

Are they same price everywhere?

Not from my experience.... call around ... some places even include shipping.

#816 5 years ago

Still wish I would have bought 2, an SE to enjoy for xmas until my LE gets here in January, then sell it off. I guess I could find a distributor with an SE “in stock” and have it drop shipped for christmas.

Any SE owners in AZ tired of it yet?

#817 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Alot of places still have them available....

Mike will have a ton of le 's for sale..i talked to him last week.

#818 5 years ago

Supposedly more will come available 3-4 months from now as well - assuming the first batch sells out.

#819 5 years ago

Will the topper be available to non LE buyers?

#820 5 years ago
Quoted from Flippersaurus:

Will the topper be available to non LE buyers?

No.

LTG : )

#821 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballGalore:

how's the phantom flip feature working for everyone? smooth ? accurate?

So far, so good with the phantom flip!

#822 5 years ago
Quoted from mrfp:

200 (resized).png200 (resized).png
#823 5 years ago
Quoted from mrfp:

Mine works also!

#824 5 years ago

Has anyone had the chance to try out the shaker motor on the LE? Perhaps at one of the shows? I'm wondering how it has been implemented into the game and/or code. Everybody's psyched about the topper but no one has mentioned the shaker. Does it have a setting in the menu where you could maybe control the intensity? Just a thought

#825 5 years ago

Has anyone had the chance to try out the shaker motor on the LE? Perhaps at one of the shows? I'm wondering how it has been implemented into the game and and/or code. Everybody's psyched about the topper but no one has mentioned the shaker. Does it have a setting in the menu where you could maybe control the intensity? Just a thought

Very good question. I too hope it lets you control the intensity.
I have 100 year old floors and I generally have to turn my shakers down a bit. Iron Maiden it was amazing how much it shook, but I felt like my floors were going to cave in. So I love shakers, just gotta keep them to a minimum.

#826 5 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

Very good question. I too hope it lets you control the intensity.
I have 100 year old floors and I generally have to turn my shakers down a bit. Iron Maiden it was amazing how much it shook, but I felt like my floors were going to cave in. So I love shakers, just gotta keep them to a minimum.

I live in an apartment building lol

#827 5 years ago

no one has mentioned the shaker. Does it have a setting in the menu where you could maybe control the intensity?

In the CGC menu - Coil Settings - Shaker is adjustable there.

#828 5 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

First, I made multiple calls. On multiple days. Left one message and waited to be called back. I never got the call.
THIS IS WHEN THE LE's WERE SELLING OUT.
I'm not going to wait and sit for a phone call.
And I'm sorry. I run my own business, worked for my Father's law firm.
If you can't return a phone call or an inquiry you don't DESERVE Business.
I didn't want to lose out on the LE, so I had to buy from the ones I saw. I don't have many connections in the pinball world yet.
But, I will tell you this. I think I'm going to keep my vendors who sold me my Iron Maiden, even if they are a bit further away than I 'd like.
They're good honest people. Just wish they also sold for Chicago Gaming is all.
But, the whole concept that its okay for a business not to return calls is a joke.
And you're a bit silly that a person couldn't have taken 20-30 seconds returned my call and told me unfortunate he didn't have any more and sold out of his allotment. That's part of the responsibility of being a vendor.
If you can't do that, then you shouldn't be in any kind of business...
That is not asking too much. That is bare minimum.

Just buy from Melissa at Cointaker... I actually live one town over from you. I have bought several games from them/her and I have received nothing but STELLAR customer service.

#829 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

In the CGC menu - Coil Settings - Shaker is adjustable there.

Awesome! Thanks.
I wish I'd get as quick a reply to when the hell are any 220v EU units being produced so one can (literally) be shipped my way already.

#830 5 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Supposedly more will come available 3-4 months from now as well - assuming the first batch sells out.

There aren’t “batches”, there are 1250 total and almost are sold out. Great to see the demand for this awesome title. Perhaps their best seller?

#831 5 years ago

The shaker is well incorperated in the game. Won’t spoil it for you guys waiting for your LE’s. I just installed one in my SE and am pleased with it.

#832 5 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

There aren’t “batches”, there are 1250 total and almost are sold out. Great to see the demand for this awesome title. Perhaps their best seller?

I'm in for the LE....can't wait

#833 5 years ago

I went for an LE. How well do you think it will hold its value? I would imagine the number of monster bash machines in the world once they stop making these is going to be pretty high. Do you think the market will oversaturate or will these hold value reasonably well?

#834 5 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Not sure, I already put an order in, but one distro who was out did say they'd been told they might get more to sell in 3-4 months. I can't speak to if that is true - but my assumption is that they didn't put up all 1250 to sell immediately - and by batches I meant they have X number they are going to build in the run, and pre-sale those, then switch to a different run, then put up another X number to build, and put those up for pre-sale. I could be completely wrong though.

#835 5 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

I went for an LE. How well do you think it will hold its value? I would imagine the number of monster bash machines in the world once they stop making these is going to be pretty high. Do you think the market will oversaturate or will these hold value reasonably well?

Never buy a new machine with that concern. You'll most likely be disappointed. I expect to lose at a minimum $1k if I wanted to sell it in a year, but who knows. For this run of LE's it seems there is maybe a legit reason for demand compaired to others, but then again, until this game - I didn't even care about toppers.

#836 5 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Not sure, I already put an order in, but one distro who was out did say they'd been told they might get more to sell in 3-4 months. I can't speak to if that is true - but my assumption is that they didn't put up all 1250 to sell immediately - and by batches I meant they have X number they are going to build in the run, and pre-sale those, then switch to a different run, then put up another X number to build, and put those up for pre-sale. I could be completely wrong though.

If MBRLE is anything like AFMRLE they will be available for a long time...like well over a year....

#837 5 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:Supposedly more will come available 3-4 months from now as well - assuming the first batch sells out.

Quoted from Doug_Duba:

Copied from a previous post...
CGC has received purchase orders from our dealers for all 1250 MBr LEs (less 10 pieces we held back for friends).
Dealers were required to submit deposits by 11/9/2018. As of today, we are still waiting for deposits from a small number of dealers. If a dealer fails to make deposits those units would be reallocated to other dealers.
The number units sold by CGC is a very different thing than the total number of units that dealers have sold through to end customers.
At this point, I believe approximately 2/3rds of dealers have sold through their allocations. Of course, distributors that receive smaller allocations tend to sell through their allocations first.

#838 5 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Never buy a new machine with that concern. You'll most likely be disappointed. I expect to lose at a minimum $1k if I wanted to sell it in a year, but who knows. For this run of LE's it seems there is maybe a legit reason for demand compaired to others, but then again, until this game - I didn't even care about toppers.

The machine will hold its value.....eventually. If you end up selling it a year or 2, you will likely lose but after 4-5, I see this and AFMLE going up.

#839 5 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I could be completely wrong though.

yep

#840 5 years ago
Quoted from LP30:

Quoted from Doug_Duba:

Copied from a previous post...
CGC has received purchase orders from our dealers for all 1250 MBr LEs (less 10 pieces we held back for friends).
Dealers were required to submit deposits by 11/9/2018. As of today, we are still waiting for deposits from a small number of dealers. If a dealer fails to make deposits those units would be reallocated to other dealers.
The number units sold by CGC is a very different thing than the total number of units that dealers have sold through to end customers.
At this point, I believe approximately 2/3rds of dealers have sold through their allocations. Of course, distributors that receive smaller allocations tend to sell through their allocations first.

Didn't see this. Glad I didn't wait around then!

#841 5 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

If MBRLE is anything like AFMRLE they will be available for a long time...like well over a year....

IF it is like AFMrLE ....

My 'guess' is that MBrLE will sell out quicker that AFMrLE

#842 5 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

IF it is like AFMrLE ....
My 'guess' is that MBrLE will sell out quicker that AFMrLE

The impression I got this last week shopping around was that supply was dwindling. At $8000 for an LE, it just seems like a good deal. I remember looking for monster bash like 2 years ago and never seeing anything under 10k for any of them.

#843 5 years ago
Quoted from Blacksun:

Just buy from Melissa at Cointaker... I actually live one town over from you. I have bought several games from them/her and I have received nothing but STELLAR customer service.

Already purchased... But it does appear Hemispheres guys are now vendors for CGC... So that means in the future I can buy the other remakes that I want through them.
Just sucks. Cos when I was looking to buy... They weren't listed as vendors. Now I checked and they are...

Which just brings me to the whole stupid market for pinball right now. The whole fake scarcity. I felt rushed. Turns out I didn't need to be that way... But, Iron Maiden LE's got gobbled up fast... I didn't have the money for one... But, I was afraid of missing out on the Monster Bash r LE... And when I saw them being gobbled up in a just a weekend. I acted fast to get one.

Turns out that was stupid of me... But, how am I supposed to know when a game will sell out quickly. And when there will be enough supply.
If they didn't put such scarcity bsl, then I could easily take the time, find the right vendor who is close by. Who will setup my game for me. With a reasonable white glove charge. And who will help support me going forward in the future.

But, no... I bought from an out of state vendor. Who would charge me an additional 300 dollars to just put the box where I want in my house. No removal of trash. no setup. That seems steep for white glove service and I don't consider that white glove.
Plus I had to pay both 300 dollars shipping and a 200 dollar paypal fee.
Okay... I'll pay the paypal fee.. Not a big deal. But, 300 dollars for shipping when he can get it shipped directly to me. Instead of to him and then to me.
That sounds extreme. I'm 45 minutes from the factory.

So... In a nutshell. I'm very excited for this game... Not very pleased with how I am acquiring it... Most of that is on me...
But, if I didn't feel rushed... Again that is how I felt... I would have been able to buy other vendors... And I would be happier...
But, the egg is a bit on my face... But, this to me is the downside of the whole LE BS... One model should would be great.

#844 5 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

Already purchased... But it does appear Hemispheres guys are now vendors for CGC... So that means in the future I can buy the other remakes that I want through them.
Just sucks. Cos when I was looking to buy... They weren't listed as vendors. Now I checked and they are...
Which just brings me to the whole stupid market for pinball right now. The whole fake scarcity. I felt rushed. Turns out I didn't need to be that way... But, Iron Maiden LE's got gobbled up fast... I didn't have the money for one... But, I was afraid of missing out on the Monster Bash r LE... And when I saw them being gobbled up in a just a weekend. I acted fast to get one.
Turns out that was stupid of me... But, how am I supposed to know when a game will sell out quickly. And when there will be enough supply.
If they didn't put such scarcity bsl, then I could easily take the time, find the right vendor who is close by. Who will setup my game for me. With a reasonable white glove charge. And who will help support me going forward in the future.
But, no... I bought from an out of state vendor. Who would charge me an additional 300 dollars to just put the box where I want in my house. No removal of trash. no setup. That seems steep for white glove service and I don't consider that white glove.
Plus I had to pay both 300 dollars shipping and a 200 dollar paypal fee.
Okay... I'll pay the paypal fee.. Not a big deal. But, 300 dollars for shipping when he can get it shipped directly to me. Instead of to him and then to me.
That sounds extreme. I'm 45 minutes from the factory.
So... In a nutshell. I'm very excited for this game... Not very pleased with how I am acquiring it... Most of that is on me...
But, if I didn't feel rushed... Again that is how I felt... I would have been able to buy other vendors... And I would be happier...
But, the egg is a bit on my face... But, this to me is the downside of the whole LE BS... One model should would be great.

For $300 I will come to your house and setup your game with any color gloves you like. As for shipping, call Any trucking company and its about the same no matter how close you are to the factory. CGC doesn't have delivery trucks. I will bet your machine is coming straight from the factory same as every machine I ordered from a distributor from Stern or JJP. Only ships from the distributors if the have overage inventory. You made a decision to buy a great game, no sense feeling down about what/who you purchased it from at this point.

#845 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

For $300 I will come to your house and setup your game with any color gloves you like. As for shipping, call Any trucking company and its about the same no matter how close you are to the factory. CGC doesn't have delivery trucks. I will bet your machine is coming straight from the factory same as every machine I ordered from a distributor from Stern or JJP. Only ships from the distributors if the have overage inventory. You made a decision to buy a great game, no sense feeling down about what/who you purchased it from at this point.

I agree... But, I've had 2 games shipped from multiple states away for 300 and 400 dollars... So that seems a bit extreme to me. Not a dealbreaker.
And I just moved like a treadmill that was super awkward and super heavy with my brother... And I really don't mind paying 150-200 extra to have it moved into my house... But, 300... That's a bridge too far...
And so now I'm kind of freaking out about who I can get to help me move my game into my house... I've moved 3 of my 4 into my house before... Always a bit of a pain... And so I kind of like paying for the home setup when I can get it.

And you are right. This game is going to be amazing.
I never had any plans to buy this game. But, I went to the Wheeling Expo. And this game blow my mind.
It was the most fun I had playing a pinball machine the entire weekend. And I played around 24 hours of pinball. And I think I played 50 games of MBr that weekend. It just wow-ed me in so many ways... This was a game I was thinking I'd buy eventually and the special edition of not... Not the LE.
But, once I saw it and played it... I knew I had to go LE.

#846 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

The machine will hold its value.....eventually. If you end up selling it a year or 2, you will likely lose but after 4-5, I see this and AFMLE going up.

Doubtful on either. Certainly will do better than most Stern LE's due to price.

#847 5 years ago

1250 is alot of pins to sell these days and while cgc may have sold them all... many distributors will have them available for a while from what i have been told. Alot have been ordered but they will b available at least for the next 3-4 months and probably much longer. With so many new pins out and many more still coming out the market is loaded with choices and lots of people have owned many of the remakes. I dont think there will b any shortage of well priced huo mble eaither. What a great time to b a pinball enthusiast ... hope it lasts but people are running out of room and money so something has to give at some point.

#848 5 years ago

Oh, and Yelobird... I might take you up on your offer to come over to my house to help set up the game... So long as you can also help me setup my raven... That's been collecting dust... And I'm afraid I bit off more than I could chew with that purchase... But, that's another thread for another day... And maybe I might take you up on your offer to check out your collection one day too.

#849 5 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

Oh, and Yelobird... I might take you up on your offer to come over to my house to help set up the game... So long as you can also help me setup my raven... That's been collecting dust... And I'm afraid I bit off more than I could chew with that purchase... But, that's another thread for another day... And maybe I might take you up on your offer to check out your collection one day too.

Anytime I told you some time ago as you entered this hobby to just reach out. While I won't be your pin mover I was joking about charging you to help setup a game. After doing it a few hundred times its not really a test any longer. As for the Raven... I may help you but must confess its on my least favorite lists of titles sorry. lol

#850 5 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball: And so now I'm kind of freaking out about who I can get to help me move my game into my house..

I live an hour from my distributor. $300 (cdn) delivery. I rent a van for $50 and pick them up myself with a basic flimsy box dolly. Sterns are about 250lbs. Easy to move (even stairs) and set up alone if need be. I did my Metallica by myself with a bar stool as my helper. No problem. Talk to me when you need to move a midway arcade. Those things are tanks.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

Machine - For Sale
Tulsa, OK
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 12.95
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 33.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

12,125 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
St. Paul, MN
$ 210.00
£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 9,332 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 187.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monster-bash-remake-mbr-owners-club/page/17?hl=pbman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.