(Topic ID: 222461)

Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)

By MrSanRamon

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 9,324 posts
  • 731 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by KidDynamite
  • Topic is favorited by 277 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)”

• I'm in on a CE 77 votes
    9%
  • I'm in on a SE 172 votes
    21%
  • I'm in on a LE 396 votes
    48%
  • I'm out for now 182 votes
    22%

(827 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

wire switch 2 (resized).jpg
R orbit switch (resized).jpg
IMG_4951 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4943 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0464 (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
IMG_3190 (resized).jpeg
Wolfman (resized).jpg
IMG_2467 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4014 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231111_165525077 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20231112-165133 (resized).png
20231110_123120 (resized).jpg
20231105_122730 (resized).jpg
94B393B7-CB09-4AFB-A166-CF0EC7F7F9A0 (resized).jpeg
3D150F78-A1C1-4B31-A9FA-00031163D7C1 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 9,324 posts in this topic. You are on page 176 of 187.
#8751 1 year ago
Quoted from OGpinball:

Just got my Monster Bash today in a trade. Loving it.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I have the same topper and exact same powder coat. Great game, congrats!

#8752 1 year ago

man all this powder coating makes me jealous and want to do mine.

1 week later
#8753 1 year ago

New topic - not seen in previous threads: Two year old huo MBR-SE with the usual glitches (e.g. sdtm from the scoop) but today something not seen before on this or my other two pins: The left flipper fires but won’t hold when the button is held in. Makes cradling the ball on the left side impossible. All the switch tests are good (including the eos), the fuse is good and can’t find any faulty connections or solder points at the coil or L side flipper button. Oh, and the Phantom Flip feature works on both sides. I’m guessing something is wrong with the coil but thought I’d ask if anyone has had this happen to their MBR or CGC pin and how you fixed it.

aHR0cHM6Ly9vLnBpbnNpZGUuY29tLzgvMDEvMjIvODAxMjI5N2ZmNDYzYmU5ZWIxMjFjN2I3MDRiMmM4NTUyNmVlYzhmZi5qcGVn (resized).jpegaHR0cHM6Ly9vLnBpbnNpZGUuY29tLzgvMDEvMjIvODAxMjI5N2ZmNDYzYmU5ZWIxMjFjN2I3MDRiMmM4NTUyNmVlYzhmZi5qcGVn (resized).jpeg
#8754 1 year ago

Oops, the above image is not my MBR. Not sure how it ended up in the above post.

#8755 1 year ago

I forgot if wms games had two windings , but I’d they do one is for holding and may of broke. You can use a multimeter to ohm the legs of the coil and verify.

#8756 1 year ago

northvibe is correct. Lloyd at Chicago Gaming diagnosed the likely problem (broken tiny copper wire in the coil) and I confirmed it with a multimeter. Pinball Life is sending me a new coil.
Thanks to Lloyd at CGC for the prompt diagnosis (same day) and the link to the part at Pinball Life.

#8757 1 year ago
Quoted from Filimurz:

Pinball Life is sending me a new coil.

Please remember to remove the diodes and get the wires in the right spots.

LTG : )

#8758 1 year ago

LTG Thanks. You spared me a blown fuse, which seems to be my specialty

1 week later
#8759 1 year ago

Just bought an MBr SE a couple weeks ago. Very excited. I had played my buddy's MBr for years so it has always been a favorite. Delighted to join the owners club now.

Anywho, got mystery. Out of nowhere the machine reset all high scores yesterday. Four games in a row it asked for initials. Has anyone else experienced this? Should I be concerned about an electrical/CPU problem?

#8760 1 year ago

My guess it's in the menu, it's programed to reset high scores after so many plays. I have mine set at the minimum maybe 200.plays.

I do this with all my pins however some games never reset at all and I do it manually.

Cheers.

#8761 1 year ago

I believe there is a setting that will reset the scores after x number of plays.

A.4 09. “High score reset every”

That is what I would check first. (And other high score date adjustments) in the A.4 section)

#8762 1 year ago
Quoted from indybru:

My guess it's in the menu, it's programed to reset high scores after so many plays. I have mine set at the minimum maybe 200.plays.
I do this with all my pins however some games never reset at all and I do it manually.
Cheers.

Thanks to you and Oaken. I'll check into it. Much appreciated!

There's another issue maybe someone else has encountered. About 2/3 of my shots up the right "ball and chain" ramp either get jammed and sent back or the ball flies completely out of the ramp. This happens about 10" into the ramp, so the ball is clearly on the ramp and with plenty of momentum. As a matter of fact, the faster the ball is moving the more likely it is to get sent back or fly out. Anyone else encounter this?

#8763 1 year ago
Quoted from Nicholastree:

Thanks to you and Oaken. I'll check into it. Much appreciated!
There's another issue maybe someone else has encountered. About 2/3 of my shots up the right "ball and chain" ramp either get jammed and sent back or the ball flies completely out of the ramp. This happens about 10" into the ramp, so the ball is clearly on the ramp and with plenty of momentum. As a matter of fact, the faster the ball is moving the more likely it is to get sent back or fly out. Anyone else encounter this?

Yes, this has been discussed in this thread previously. It can be improved/fixed with a combination of slightly bending the wireframe ramp and adding some washers to the top plastic "flap".

#8764 1 year ago
Quoted from indybru:

Cheers.

This. happened after I sold my Tron as well and the buyer was like...uhh what happened and we found it was set to X numbers of plays.

#8765 1 year ago

I noticed the MBR backglass has a signature in the lower right -hand corner. You can see this in the picture above (Filimurz post), and on my MBR LE, so, I guess it must be common to all MBR and original Williams MB models. I can only make out the first name "Kevin". Is that the name of the backglass artist or someone involved in creating the game?
One more question, is the backglass art the same on the remake as on the original Williams MB? I remember someone saying that they could see Wonder woman in the background, but try as I might, I can't find her.

#8766 1 year ago

Art was created by Kevin O'Conner.

#8767 1 year ago

Yep, they changed it.

#8768 1 year ago
Quoted from DazedandConfused:

I noticed the MBR backglass has a signature in the lower right -hand corner. You can see this in the picture above (Filimurz post), and on my MBR LE, so, I guess it must be common to all MBR and original Williams MB models. I can only make out the first name "Kevin". Is that the name of the backglass artist or someone involved in creating the game?
One more question, is the backglass art the same on the remake as on the original Williams MB? I remember someone saying that they could see Wonder woman in the background, but try as I might, I can't find her.

Right here. Top is Elvira, bottom is wonder woman.

20230205_143453 (resized).jpg20230205_143453 (resized).jpg
#8769 1 year ago

Noticed tonight that the my scoop protector is bent up. Where can I find a replacement or is there a better solution?

1C907EE6-A7B6-4992-8D98-BFC2314FA73D (resized).jpeg1C907EE6-A7B6-4992-8D98-BFC2314FA73D (resized).jpeg
#8770 1 year ago
Quoted from pghpinfan:

Where can I find a replacement

https://www.planetarypinball.com/ Is the source to buy CGC Remake parts not under warranty. Contact them. If not on the website call or email them.

#8771 1 year ago
Quoted from pghpinfan:

Noticed tonight that the my scoop protector is bent up. Where can I find a replacement or is there a better solution?[quoted image]

Buy the Cliffy super thin one. Seems to be much harder metal and doesn’t obstruct the ball. Mantis makes one that fits in the neck of the scoop and doesn’t sit on top of the playfield at all, but still protects the mouth of the scoop. Great design.

#8772 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Buy the Cliffy super thin one. Seems to be much harder metal and doesn’t obstruct the ball. Mantis makes one that fits in the neck of the scoop and doesn’t sit on top of the playfield at all, but still protects the mouth of the scoop. Great design.

I actually have both in mine. They fit with each other and are the ultimate protection...

#8773 1 year ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

I actually have both in mine. They fit with each other and are the ultimate protection...

Yep!

#8774 1 year ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

I’ll need to snag this too. Forgot if I bought the cliffy already….

#8775 1 year ago

Can somebody take a photo of the order and stack of plastic washers on the bottom / mech side of the standup Frankenstein bank? My C Clips broke off and the washers fell into the cab. The plastic washers in the manual look different from the ones I found at the bottom of my cab. I've got two thick plastic pieces and two thin plastic washers. Thanks! (photo was my best guess but it looks different from the manual so I figured I'd ask)

69803379830__63AD8C63-E949-4E09-A4FF-D4C2B81D2877 (resized).JPG69803379830__63AD8C63-E949-4E09-A4FF-D4C2B81D2877 (resized).JPG
#8776 1 year ago
Quoted from dddanielll:

Can somebody take a photo of the order and stack of plastic washers on the bottom / mech side of the standup Frankenstein bank?

I was going to take a picture for you and discovered mine was in pieces. I found the two thick white nylon washers, nothing else.

So being 11pm and hardware stores aren't open. I studied the manual and used parts on hand.

The white nylon washers go below the large metal plate that goes up and down, on the posts. On top I put small fender washers, and clips that hold springs on trap door flaps like on MMR and Hobbit. I didn't have any tiny "E" clips.

This holds the metal plate that moves up and down level to the base plate. And works quite nicely in test and in game play.

I have a couple pictures, sorry the one showing where the white nylon washer is, is a little blurry.

DSC00791 (resized).JPGDSC00791 (resized).JPGDSC00792 (resized).JPGDSC00792 (resized).JPG
#8777 1 year ago

I can lift my pf up later this am

#8778 1 year ago
Quoted from dddanielll:

Can somebody take a photo of the order and stack of plastic washers on the bottom / mech side of the standup Frankenstein bank?

This is the original MB, but probably the same thing. BAck to front: PLastic stepped washer, target plate, metal washer, clip.

20211114_100035421 (resized).jpg20211114_100035421 (resized).jpg20211114_100406191 (resized).jpg20211114_100406191 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#8780 1 year ago

I have an opportunity to buy a MB LE topper which I would sit on top of my SE. someone bought an LE then sold the topper to another Pinsider because he couldn’t fit his pin in the basement.

For SE or CE owners, what would you pay for an LE topper to make perhaps the world’s only MB CE+ or SE+?

Thx

#8781 1 year ago
Quoted from PinDeadHead:

I have an opportunity to buy a MB LE topper which I would sit on top of my SE. someone bought an LE then sold the topper to another Pinsider because he couldn’t fit his pin in the basement.
For SE or CE owners, what would you pay for an LE topper to make perhaps the world’s only MB CE+ or SE+?
Thx

idk I want one.

There have been a few SE i've seen with the topper. I have half the parts to create the topper, but was waiting on CCr so i could copy the base etc. I'd pay a decent amount for one ready to go.....

#8782 1 year ago
Quoted from PinDeadHead:

Thx

What did the seller say he paid for it? I'm not particular about having toppers on my games, but I am curious what kind of value people may place on one of these.

#8783 1 year ago

pre covid, probably 500-1000, after covid 1-2k?

#8784 1 year ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

What did the seller say he paid for it? I'm not particular about having toppers on my games, but I am curious what kind of value people may place on one of these.

I’m not sure, he bought it Pre-COVID

#8785 1 year ago
Quoted from northvibe:

idk I want one.
There have been a few SE i've seen with the topper. I have half the parts to create the topper, but was waiting on CCr so i could copy the base etc. I'd pay a decent amount for one ready to go.....

Very cool. Good luck with your topper.

#8786 1 year ago

The topper is worth about $600 tops from a material standpoint, if you can get the sculpts. It’s nothing but strip RGB LEDs muxed through a single serial channel driver. The ‘tronics board costs $55, sculpts at $200, wood and plexi another $50, wire and connectors another $40, LED’s $30, paint and glue another $20… labor to manufacture just triple current material costs… um in the price range of $1800 to $2000 seems about market price these days. I think everyone would like another chance at a MBrLE these days at the original price point of $8300 shipped and no tax, but that ship has long since sunk below the horizon.

#8787 1 year ago

I wanted to give a shout-out to Jim at "PIN MUSIC PLUS" @pinballjah. He made me a serial number plate for my "not so special but special to me" Monster Bash.

2023-02-22 15.58.25 (resized).jpg2023-02-22 15.58.25 (resized).jpg2023-02-22 15.58.50 (resized).jpg2023-02-22 15.58.50 (resized).jpg

#8788 1 year ago

Thanks @Timberhusk, I can customize these plates for any of your games. They look great on the front speaker panel, etc. Can also customize to any size you prefer. Great for covering the warning stickers on the Stern games. Here is the link if anyone is interested in ordering one for your Classic, Special or LE MB. Thanks.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1448-pin-music-plus/07467-monster-bash-custom-edition-numbered-plate-

Monster Bash plate 1 (resized).jpgMonster Bash plate 1 (resized).jpgMonster bash plate (resized).jpgMonster bash plate (resized).jpg
#8789 1 year ago

Any MBLE owner within roughly 4 hours driving of Indianapolis interested in possibly trading for a modded out Deadpool Premium? It is powder coated, has the topper, Insider connected, upgraded speakers, speaker light kits and many other useful mods. If so feel free to PM me. Thanks!!

#8790 1 year ago
Quoted from joelbob:

Any MBLE owner within roughly 4 hours driving of Indianapolis interested in possibly trading for a modded out Deadpool Premium? It is powder coated, has the topper, Insider connected, upgraded speakers, speaker light kits and many other useful mods. If so feel free to PM me. Thanks!!

I'm within 4 hours and have an LE, but mine is welded to the floor. DP is a great game as well. Good luck in your search!

#8791 1 year ago
Quoted from midcoastsurf:

I'm within 4 hours and have an LE, but mine is welded to the floor. DP is a great game as well. Good luck in your search!

Hahaha. Thanks!!

#8792 1 year ago
Quoted from OGpinball:

Just got my Monster Bash today in a trade. Loving it.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Powder coat looks great! Do you know the name of the color? Thx.

#8793 1 year ago
Quoted from PinDeadHead:

Powder coat looks great! Do you know the name of the color? Thx.

3 weeks later
#8794 1 year ago

I'm joining the club! Picking up a HUO MBr classic next week. Already ordered the color display upgrade, Flyland art blades, and a topper. Does anyone make speaker lights for the classic?

#8795 1 year ago
Quoted from mmuglia:

I'm joining the club! Picking up a HUO MBr classic next week. Already ordered the color display upgrade, Flyland art blades, and a topper. Does anyone make speaker lights for the classic?

https://lermods.com/products/monster-bash-remake-pinball-led-strip-rgb-speaker-light-kit

#8797 1 year ago

I am looking for a topper for the Monster Bash I'm getting next week. Is there anything available other than the clear acrylic one from laseriffic and the one from CPR? I was hoping Tilt Topper made one for this game, but unfortunately not. Any help is appreciated.

#8798 1 year ago

Hey Folks. I know it is probably a fat chance anyone wants to swap, but received my CCrLE about a month ago (#139) after waiting almost a year and a half for it. It's a great game, but I've always had a hope that I could pick up a MBrLE at some point. Anyone within a reasonable drive of CO willing to swap a MBrLE for a CCrLE?

#8799 1 year ago
Quoted from Marathonman845:

Hey Folks. I know it is probably a fat chance anyone wants to swap, but received my CCrLE about a month ago (#139) after waiting almost a year and a half for it. It's a great game, but I've always had a hope that I could pick up a MBrLE at some point. Anyone within a reasonable drive of CO willing to swap a MBrLE for a CCrLE?

I'd consider if you added $4k cash to the CCrLE for my MBrLE. I have CCrSE and MBrLE. Both incredible games.

#8800 1 year ago
Quoted from mmuglia:

I am looking for a topper for the Monster Bash I'm getting next week. Is there anything available other than the clear acrylic one from laseriffic and the one from CPR? I was hoping Tilt Topper made one for this game, but unfortunately not. Any help is appreciated.

I just added a post for a price check for my custom topper that I made that may be available - seen here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/price-check-custom-monster-bash-topper-#post-7488779

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 12.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp
Decals
There are 9,324 posts in this topic. You are on page 176 of 187.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monster-bash-remake-mbr-owners-club/page/176?hl=dazedandconfused and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.