(Topic ID: 222461)

Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)

By MrSanRamon

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 9,324 posts
  • 731 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by KidDynamite
  • Topic is favorited by 277 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)”

• I'm in on a CE 77 votes
    9%
  • I'm in on a SE 172 votes
    21%
  • I'm in on a LE 396 votes
    48%
  • I'm out for now 182 votes
    22%

(827 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

wire switch 2 (resized).jpg
R orbit switch (resized).jpg
IMG_4951 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4943 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0464 (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
IMG_3190 (resized).jpeg
Wolfman (resized).jpg
IMG_2467 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4014 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231111_165525077 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20231112-165133 (resized).png
20231110_123120 (resized).jpg
20231105_122730 (resized).jpg
94B393B7-CB09-4AFB-A166-CF0EC7F7F9A0 (resized).jpeg
3D150F78-A1C1-4B31-A9FA-00031163D7C1 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 9,324 posts in this topic. You are on page 174 of 187.
#8651 1 year ago
Quoted from JBtheAVguy:

Has anyone seen any speaker panel artwork being offered? Always wondered why this panel was just left black.

People have bought some unlicensed ones on eBay. Magnetic I believe.

I like it black like the original, but the magnets look neat as well.

I also think I read that Planetary Pinball might be working on some licensed ones.

Richard

#8652 1 year ago
Quoted from Richard-NBA-SF2:

People have bought some unlicensed ones on eBay. Magnetic I believe.
I like it black like the original, but the magnets look neat as well.
I also think I read that Planetary Pinball might be working on some licensed ones.
Richard

I bet it would be a pretty hot item.

#8653 1 year ago
Quoted from JBtheAVguy:

Has anyone seen any speaker panel artwork being offered? Always wondered why this panel was just left black.

https://www.wizardmod.com/product-page/monster-bash-remake-se-le-pinball-magnetic-wizpanels

#8654 1 year ago
Quoted from JBtheAVguy:

I bet it would be a pretty hot item.

Yeah I REALLY wished they did a CE version on wizmods. Not sure why they dont.

#8655 1 year ago

Has anyone had a issue that their MBr does not have any sound and just makes a repeating clicking sound?

#8656 1 year ago
Quoted from Dane186:Has anyone had a issue that their MBr does not have any sound and just makes a repeating clicking sound?

No, but I did on stern munsters pro. Check your speakers but I think it was the audio op amp circuit and that is on the board. Could make a ticket with cgc

#8657 1 year ago

Anyone looking to leave the club?

I'm on the hunt for a MBr SE or LE in the Northeast. I can do a straight cash deal or possible trade +/- cash.

Thanks!

#8658 1 year ago

we finally joined this elusive club
247/1250 here!

37D32BF8-7141-4318-BA58-9C084EB554FE (resized).jpeg37D32BF8-7141-4318-BA58-9C084EB554FE (resized).jpeg
#8659 1 year ago

Hey guys,
does anyone recommend whats the best pitch to use for their machine?

Also what is the default difficulty, is it Medium? I saw our was set on Easy and wasn’t sure what the default difficulty was.

This is what he have it set to now

Thanks in advance!

FCD7EFD2-0B7F-4935-B2E1-F4CD07A929A8 (resized).jpegFCD7EFD2-0B7F-4935-B2E1-F4CD07A929A8 (resized).jpeg
#8660 1 year ago
Quoted from Zildjian:

Hey guys,
does anyone recommend whats the best pitch to use for their machine?
Also what is the default difficulty, is it Medium? I saw our was set on Easy and wasn’t sure what the default difficulty was.
This is what he have it set to now
Thanks in advance![quoted image]

6.5, like most games. You can pitch it higher, but you may start to have issues with the right orbit draining SDTM. Every game appears slightly different, so you may need to try a couple settings.

Default difficulty is medium

#8661 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

6.5, like most games. You can pitch it higher, but you may start to have issues with the right orbit draining SDTM. Every game appears slightly different, so you may need to try a couple settings.
Default difficulty is medium

+1

I like to use the PinGuy app on my phone and place my phone on the playfield in a few spots to check pitch and side to side.

#8662 1 year ago

Thank you guys! Really appreciate these comments I’ll check that app out as well.

#8663 1 year ago
Quoted from midcoastsurf:

+1
I like to use the PinGuy app on my phone and place my phone on the playfield in a few spots to check pitch and side to side.

Same. At 6.5

Richard

#8664 1 year ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

Yeah figured id go all out and get everything I can, patiently waiting for an XL screen run again when MM comes back out. And maybe some lights for the speakers. I got my CE with the limited edition molding already on it, not sure where the guy who gave me the machine got that but whatever! The side blades are insane and I put them in as soon as the game was in the house.
[quoted image]

Guess you weren't very patient lol.

Machine - For Sale
As is - “Combination on route for less than a year in clean environment then home use. Very clean nice MB CE remake only mods are Brian Alan artblades and LE trim including artwork on the...”
2022-12-01
Bohemia, NY
8,000 (OBO)
Archived after: 1 day
Viewed: 1724 times
Contributed to Pinside

#8665 1 year ago

I started with mine at 6.5 degrees, but found that it played much better at 7.0. I get much fewer drains off of the right orbit and the ball doesn't get hung up on the entrance to the left side bride ramp anymore. You just have to try a few settings and see what works best on your machine.

#8666 1 year ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

I started with mine at 6.5 degrees, but found that it played much better at 7.0. I get much fewer drains off of the right orbit and the ball doesn't get hung up on the entrance to the left side bride ramp anymore. You just have to try a few settings and see what works best on your machine.

That left bride ramp can be a headache. I ended up bending up the entrance of the right rail a bit. Much better, but not perfect.

#8667 1 year ago

I need to get a digital level on my pf. It has played "okay" but recently i'm getting left ramp rejects and hitting that scoop i do brick a lot off the left side it seems. Also now when the ball rolls down the right orbit. it hits drac's feet or something and bumps out. :/ never did that before.

#8668 1 year ago
Quoted from northvibe:

I need to get a digital level on my pf. It has played "okay" but recently i'm getting left ramp rejects and hitting that scoop i do brick a lot off the left side it seems. Also now when the ball rolls down the right orbit. it hits drac's feet or something and bumps out. :/ never did that before.

Have you tried the PinGuy app? It's free

#8669 1 year ago

Have you tried the PinGuy app? It's free

but my old phone case was not flat.. new one is but id' need to calibrate or something and I never remember until I'm at the bar route and can't trust any surface to be "flat" hahah. I have a craftsman digital level I usually use.

#8670 1 year ago

For those who have powder coated their SE, are there any tricks to getting off the side rails? Are there replacements? What color is the LE powder coating? Thanks in advance.

#8671 1 year ago
Quoted from Mravic:

Guess you weren't very patient lol.

Machine - For Trade

For Trade: Monster Bash (Classic Edition)

Featured

As is “Combination on route for less than a year in clean environment then home use.

Very clean nice MB CE remake with Brian Alan artblades and LE trim including artwork on the lockdown...”

2 days ago

Bohemia, NY

ExSquid

Trade

Mark sale pending
Promo options
Edit ad
End ad listing

Played a few other games, would rather have those right now. Happens

#8672 1 year ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

Played a few other games, would rather have those right now. Happens

How did you get the limited edition lockdown bar?

#8673 1 year ago

Where are the equalizer sound settings?

#8674 1 year ago
Quoted from jkashani:

For those who have powder coated their SE, are there any tricks to getting off the side rails? Are there replacements? What color is the LE powder coating? Thanks in advance.

I recently powdered an SE…. The rails are just screwed / bolted on. Super easy to take off / install.

I used Prismatic Powders Illusion Royal Blue I believe. Looked fantastic.

*dont forget the screws.

0E992925-83C0-4628-BE75-7FA6B779B76B (resized).jpeg0E992925-83C0-4628-BE75-7FA6B779B76B (resized).jpeg35DB55DA-0033-4CF9-980A-C85011C90EC7 (resized).jpeg35DB55DA-0033-4CF9-980A-C85011C90EC7 (resized).jpeg
#8675 1 year ago

That looks great! I am sold! Thank You

Quoted from matt68061:

I recently powdered an SE…. The rails are just screwed / bolted on. Super easy to take off / install.
*dont forget the screws.
[quoted image][quoted image]

#8676 1 year ago
Quoted from jkashani:

Where are the equalizer sound settings?

Not really equalizer, but this might help (from cgc site go to manuals 1-10)

42F7271C-3DF3-474D-B5EA-0073D8DAD418 (resized).png42F7271C-3DF3-474D-B5EA-0073D8DAD418 (resized).png

#8677 1 year ago
Quoted from Flipper_Ripper:

How did you get the limited edition lockdown bar?

No clue, was on there when I did a trade for it.

#8678 1 year ago
Quoted from matt68061:

*dont forget the screws.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Looks nice. I'm glad you didn't do the door...it's just the right amount color.

#8679 1 year ago
Quoted from ShinyBall:

Looks nice. I'm glad you didn't do the door...it's just the right amount color.

does the Le have its door and hinges powder coated? I kinda want to PC my se as it feels better than the raw stainless steel

#8680 1 year ago

Who has hooked up an external subwoofer? What is the process?

#8681 1 year ago
Quoted from jkashani:

Who has hooked up an external subwoofer? What is the process?

I simply alligator clipped onto the “sub” in the cab and ran that to the external, powered sub.

Super simple and worked great!

#8682 1 year ago
Quoted from matt68061:

I simply alligator clipped onto the “sub” in the cab and ran that to the external, powered sub.
Super simple and worked great!

I'm guessing any powered sub could work? You just hooked onto both tabs on the existing speaker in the bottom of the cab?

#8683 1 year ago

I'm guessing any powered sub could work? You just hooked onto both tabs on the existing speaker in the bottom of the cab?

yes… Im not near my machines at the moment…but that is exactly what I did.

#8684 1 year ago

Thanks!

Quoted from matt68061:

yes… Im not near my machines at the moment…but that is exactly what I did.

#8686 1 year ago
Quoted from northvibe:

does the Le have its door and hinges powder coated? I kinda want to PC my se as it feels better than the raw stainless steel

no. Only Legs, rails, lockdown bar.

Added 17 months ago:

Ha, Just legs and rails...lockdown bar is stainless. That is what happens when you drink and post.

#8687 1 year ago
Quoted from ShinyBall:

no. Only Legs, rails, lockdown bar.

I heard the MMr remake had the side rails double sided tape/glued on. Is that not the case anymore?
Man I would love to powder coat my MBr to match the LE. even the lockdown bar feels better with a coat on it (compared to my mmr)

#8688 1 year ago
Quoted from northvibe:

I heard the MMr remake had the side rails double sided tape/glued on. Is that not the case anymore?
Man I would love to powder coat my MBr to match the LE. even the lockdown bar feels better with a coat on it (compared to my mmr)

Mine were not taped on AFM or MB. They were taped on MMLE… but just carefully warmed up with a heat gun and used a plastic putty knife to pry off.

MB and AFM were just screws…

#8689 1 year ago
Quoted from matt68061:

Mine were not taped on AFM or MB. They were taped on MMLE… but just carefully warmed up with a heat gun and used a plastic putty knife to pry off.
MB and AFM were just screws…

Sweeeeet.

#8690 1 year ago
Quoted from dbarker:

I am searching for the paint code for the electric blue on the mbr le. I am wanting to powder coat the coin door and i cant find the paint codes for any of the 3 chicago gaming machines i own. Does anyone have this information if so it would be much appreciated. Specifically the mbr le, atfmr le, mmr royal. Chicago gaming hasn't replied and they have all their voice mails full, so strange.

Any word on the paint code? I’m also wanting to powder coat my se

#8692 1 year ago

Looks like my scoop protector just became desoldered so the bottom part was just floating in the scoop hole. I took it out for now.

What's the best protector? Should I try and get a replacement from CGC or are there better alternatives?

#8693 1 year ago
Quoted from mdeslaur:

Looks like my scoop protector just became desoldered so the bottom part was just floating in the scoop hole. I took it out for now.
What's the best protector? Should I try and get a replacement from CGC or are there better alternatives?

You have 2 options: Cliffy’s super thin one which protects from the top, or the Mantis one which protects from inside. Both are great

#8694 1 year ago

And both can be installed in parallel.

#8695 1 year ago

Why would my Right phantom flip not function? It misses a good bit but not always. Any advice or thoughts how to correct this

#8696 1 year ago

Anyone in this club in the Denver metro area and want to trade for a CCr SE?

#8697 1 year ago
Quoted from Moeman65:

Why would my Right phantom flip not function? It misses a good bit but not always. Any advice or thoughts how to correct this

Reset it and wait for it to learn again.

#8698 1 year ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

Reset it and wait for it to learn again.

Thanks, I have done that in the past but thought maybe there was another solution or maybe just another existing problem.

#8699 1 year ago
Quoted from Moeman65:

Thanks, I have done that in the past but thought maybe there was another solution or maybe just another existing problem.

Generally this thing is learning continuously, I think - so you might just need to play it a bit. OR replce the boards, if you are not too concerned about the money. Tangles pinball parts in Australia sells a nicely working remake of those eddy boards. I have both replaced and the originals sitting as NOS spares (which I will not sell).

#8700 1 year ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

Generally this thing is learning continuously, I think - so you might just need to play it a bit. OR replce the boards, if you are not too concerned about the money. Tangles pinball parts in Australia sells a nicely working remake of those eddy boards. I have both replaced and the originals sitting as NOS spares (which I will not sell).

Quoted from Kobaja:

By missing I meant not flipping at all. I know there is a sensitivity adjustment and upped it couple years ago one notch. Resetting it worked and till recently acting up again. Last time was the left flipper. My thoughts is it's a computer and occasionally needs rebooted. How much are the eddy boards? May consider getting a pair for spares. Thanks

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
Various novelties
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Greeley, CO
$ 210.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
Decorations
£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods
Decals
$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room
Decorations
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn
Toys/Add-ons
12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Castle Rock, CO
12,125 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
St. Paul, MN
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Fuzz
Decals
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 24.99
Playfield - Plastics
Pinhead mods
Plastics
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
Decals
$ 12.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp
Decals
$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
Various novelties
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room
Decorations
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 9,324 posts in this topic. You are on page 174 of 187.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monster-bash-remake-mbr-owners-club/page/174 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.