(Topic ID: 222461)

Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)

By MrSanRamon

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 9,330 posts
  • 732 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 hours ago by Dashmonster
  • Topic is favorited by 277 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)”

• I'm in on a CE 77 votes
    9%
  • I'm in on a SE 172 votes
    21%
  • I'm in on a LE 396 votes
    48%
  • I'm out for now 182 votes
    22%

(827 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

wire switch 2 (resized).jpg
R orbit switch (resized).jpg
IMG_4951 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4943 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0464 (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
IMG_3190 (resized).jpeg
Wolfman (resized).jpg
IMG_2467 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4014 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231111_165525077 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20231112-165133 (resized).png
20231110_123120 (resized).jpg
20231105_122730 (resized).jpg
94B393B7-CB09-4AFB-A166-CF0EC7F7F9A0 (resized).jpeg
3D150F78-A1C1-4B31-A9FA-00031163D7C1 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 9,330 posts in this topic. You are on page 170 of 187.
#8451 2 years ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

So now that mode seems to work quite well.

The game learned the shots.

Like on TAF, after 10 games or so it learns the small left flipper shot.

LTG : )

#8452 2 years ago

MrSanRamon Have experienced exactly what you are going through with Phantom Flip and tried the same type of tinkering with the 3 blue sensors, repeatedly, to bring the Flip function back to life. Long story short, mine just seems to require the machine to be powered up for at least one half hour for both sides to function properly. Go figure.

#8453 2 years ago
Quoted from vikeking27:

I paid 10k for my SE fairy recently. Probably wasn’t a great deal but it was the only one I could find, and figured it’d cost at least that much if I waited any longer. Who knows if/when they’ll run MBr again. If you can snag an LE for that, at this point - if you really want it and that’s the asking price, I don’t know that you could expect to find it for less by waiting longer.

Wow, I paid $6500 for my very slightly used MBr-SE just 2 years ago. I guess that was a better deal than I thought. I didn't realize that the price had climbed THAT much.

But I agree, it is unlikely that CGC will do another run of MBr, so waiting seems like a bad plan. On the other hand, $12,500 is a lot of money for ANY machine.

#8455 2 years ago

over the see-through window that hides the Creature

#8456 2 years ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

That’s what I thought….but I have the part and it’s tiny and not the same shape. I’ll have to ask Marco I suppose.

#8457 2 years ago
Quoted from Filimurz:

Long story short, mine just seems to require the machine to be powered up for at least one half hour for both sides to function properly. Go figure.

I’ll have to check this out…during my testing the machine was on for quite a bit.

Robert

#8458 2 years ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

Here is a pic

FD533FCE-47DC-4654-B625-FE68A9CDEA31 (resized).jpegFD533FCE-47DC-4654-B625-FE68A9CDEA31 (resized).jpeg
#8459 2 years ago

Yes, that's the part I meant. It looks like the shape is correct too.
Is it just too small? Maybe somebody got the scale wrong or something.

#8460 2 years ago

I'm guessing it is a piece of mylar that gets placed right in front of the left eject to prevent wear around that hole. The dimensions seem a bit off but the ball really only rolls along the center between the guides so maybe that is why??

#8461 2 years ago

Ahhh snaps. It goes on the wood, between the saucer and the window. Sits on the left/middle.

Thank you!

#8462 2 years ago

@

Quoted from vikeking27:

I paid 10k for my SE fairy recently. Probably wasn’t a great deal but it was the only one I could find, and figured it’d cost at least that much if I waited any longer. Who knows if/when they’ll run MBr again. If you can snag an LE for that, at this point - if you really want it and that’s the asking price, I don’t know that you could expect to find it for less by waiting longer.

I just saw very nice MB SE for sale for less than $8500 in pinside.

#8463 2 years ago
Quoted from pbjksb:

Well hello there! That's me!

SOLD!
Machine - For Sale
HUO - Documented (Home Used Only) - “Home Use Only Monster Bash by Chicago Gaming, Special Edition (bigger screen, upgraded sound, more detailed figurines etc). Excellent condition as you can see from the photos, near...”
2022-01-27
San Jose, CA
Archived after: 0 days
Viewed: 370 times
Contributed to Pinside

Pricing games these days is NOT easy. The market is moving fast. I try to price my games fairly - not crazy high, but not so low that someone will just buy it and turn right around and flip it, either. Did I get it right this time? The market will say! Monster Bash is such a great game, it pains me to sell this one... but you can't hoard them all and I have Rush incoming (dream theme for me).

#8464 2 years ago
Quoted from andre060:

Machine - For Sale

Monster Bash (Special Edition)

New!

HUO - Documented (Home Used Only) “Home Use Only Monster Bash by Chicago Gaming, Special Edition (bigger screen, upgraded sound, more detailed figurines etc). Excellent condition as you can see from the photos, near...”

2 hours ago

San Jose, CA

andre060

Pricing games these days is NOT easy. The market is moving fast. I try to price my games fairly - not crazy high, but not so low that someone will just buy it and turn right around and flip it, either. Did I get it right this time? The market will say! Monster Bash is such a great game, it pains me to sell this one... but you can't hoard them all and I have Rush incoming (dream theme for me).

I wish you placed this ad a few days earlier. Just bought earlier Williams MB. I kinda like the original though even though newer ones will have more and newer everything. Good luck with the sale.

#8465 2 years ago

hi
can someone give me the height of the cabinet with the head folded down please - so from bottom of cab to top of folded head - want to see if it will fit in a jeep cherokee
thanks

#8466 2 years ago
Quoted from pbjksb:

@

Sorry I missed that one! It all worked out in the end - I had sold a game for around the same price and just used the money from the sale to pay for it. Would’ve been nice to save a chunk toward my next game though!

Being my first CGC, even paying what I did, it feels much more worth it than when I shell out full price on a new Stern premium. I always feel like I paid too much. MBr is very high quality and *almost* feels worth the price of entry

#8467 2 years ago
Quoted from andre060:

Agree! An SE sold in my area last fall for $6,700. I missed out on it and ended up buying an LE about month after that for what I felt was a lot of money....now it seems cheap, LOL.

#8468 2 years ago
Quoted from davewright01:

hi
can someone give me the height of the cabinet with the head folded down please - so from bottom of cab to top of folded head - want to see if it will fit in a jeep cherokee
thanks

Had to take the head off for this one but this VW is tiny

D3889138-7257-45FE-AA56-AC540D7DBBD2 (resized).jpegD3889138-7257-45FE-AA56-AC540D7DBBD2 (resized).jpeg
#8469 2 years ago

hi
thanks

What year and model of Cherokee?

#8470 2 years ago

2015 jeep cherokee - european though

#8471 2 years ago

that cherokee has like 28.5" opening at the hatch....you may be able to get it in if you detach the head and slide it forward so it isn't so tall.

#8472 2 years ago

2015 jeep cherokee - european though

This is where to look:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vehicles-that-a-pinball-machine-fits-in

Use the "Post Containing Keyword(s)" Search.

Robert

#8473 2 years ago

thx for truing to help - the wiki only lists jeep cherokee to 2001 though
i suspect the head does have to come off

#8474 2 years ago

Does anybody know if the CPR Monster Bash Mirrored backglass will fit the remakes? Thank you

#8475 2 years ago
Quoted from SaltyRunBack:

Does anybody know if the CPR Monster Bash Mirrored backglass will fit the remakes? Thank you

Yes it should, I want it as wel :-p

1 week later
#8476 2 years ago

Hey!
I’m getting two errors in test report.

Left and right flipper proximity sensor.

Number 47 and 48.

Any idea on how to trouble shoot this?

Thanks!
Richard

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#8477 2 years ago
Quoted from Richard-NBA-SF2:

Hey!
I’m getting two errors in test report.
Left and right flipper proximity sensor.
Number 47 and 48.
Any idea on how to trouble shoot this?
Thanks!
Richard
[quoted image]

I forgot if that is the prox sensor for the phantom flip or the flipper itself… do your flippers work? Have you tested phantom flip? Have you gone into switch test or coil test to test those prox sensors?

#8478 2 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

I forgot if that is the prox sensor for the phantom flip or the flipper itself… do your flippers work? Have you tested phantom flip? Have you gone into switch test or coil test to test those prox sensors?

Hey!
Flippers work perfect.
I have not tested phantom flip (don’t take the glass off and hit the phantom targets?).

Not sure how to test the proxy sensors in switch edge or coil test.

Thanks!
Richard

#8479 2 years ago

Not sure how to test the proxy sensors in switch edge

Switch edge - roll a ball over them.

#8480 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Switch edge - roll a ball over them.

Hmmm. I guess I’m unsure where switch 47 and 48 are. The optos above the flippers are working, if I roll a ball down the left and right in lane all 4 switched register (25 and 42 on the left and 17 and 43 on the right).

#8481 2 years ago

Hmmm. I guess I’m unsure where switch 47 and 48 are. The optos above the flippers are working, if I roll a ball down the left and right in lane all 4 switched register (25 and 42 on the left and 17 and 43 on the right).

If you go to switch test I think you can pick the switch to test? There are 2 or 4 prox sensors under the pf that sense the ball rolling over the pf in the two in lanes
I can get pics in the am and try the test

#8482 2 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

If you go to switch test I think you can pick the switch to test? There are 2 or 4 prox sensors under the pf that sense the ball rolling over the pf in the two in lanes
I can get pics in the am and try the test

Ok! Yes some pics may help. When rolling the ball down the in-lanes during test switch it does not register 47/48

#8483 2 years ago

Ok! Yes some pics may help. When rolling the ball down the in-lanes during test switch it does not register 47/48

uploading a YT video now of testing mine.

#8484 2 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

uploading a YT video now of testing mine.

Sweet!!
Thanks!!
Richard

#8485 2 years ago

Oops. Just had a connection that was not connected!
Haha

0CE4FAC3-14C7-4518-92DE-D1C626CEB5EB (resized).jpeg0CE4FAC3-14C7-4518-92DE-D1C626CEB5EB (resized).jpeg
#8486 2 years ago

Nice find! That board does connect those phantom switches. I’m glad it was something simple

1 week later
#8487 2 years ago

Curious. My phantom flip will not light up. Phantom switches and Optos test fine, but repeated hits to targets does not light the option for phantom flip to occur. I have the PinBits auto eddy boards installed and leds on them function correctly when connection is broken. I’m thinking there is a menu setting I’m missing to turn on/off. There is a discrepancy between the manual and game menu as there is no “phantom flip ball save” option on the game menu. The “disable phantom flip” option is set to “no”. Is there a setting I may be missing? Thanks!

Ooops just noticed this thread was for MBr, not original.

#8488 2 years ago

Hey guys.
Any way to just have the topper lit, when not being played . So it doesn't flash every 3 minutes .
Thanks

#8489 2 years ago

Just joined the club what did everyone do for side blades or mirror blades?

8C745E09-57BF-41DE-A2B3-531AC82945F3 (resized).jpeg8C745E09-57BF-41DE-A2B3-531AC82945F3 (resized).jpegEC7F8A67-C3A7-4FE8-B3FF-39C82269BBF1 (resized).jpegEC7F8A67-C3A7-4FE8-B3FF-39C82269BBF1 (resized).jpeg
#8490 2 years ago

Mirror on the LE

#8491 2 years ago

I was going to go mirror blades

#8492 2 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

Any way to just have the topper lit, when not being played . So it doesn't flash every 3 minutes .

No.

#8493 2 years ago
Quoted from Swoods5688:

[quoted image][quoted image]

I don't have these on my machine, but I wish I did.... Brian Allen has some awesome art blades for MB https://www.flylanddesigns.com/product/monster-bash-art-blades-for-pinball-machines/

#8494 2 years ago
Quoted from Swoods5688:

We put Brian Allen art blades on our LE. They look awesome. Great quality as well.

https://www.flylanddesigns.com/product/monster-bash-art-blades-for-pinball-machines/

#8495 2 years ago
Quoted from Swoods5688:

I put mirror blades in my L E. In fact all of my games. To me side blades are just too busy of already existing art work.

#8496 2 years ago
Quoted from Moeman65:

I put mirror blades in my L E. In fact all of my games. To me side blades are just too busy of already existing art work.

MBR LE came with Cabinet Side Mirrors by default, no need of adding some more

#8497 2 years ago

I did mirror blades on all my SEs

#8498 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

We put Brian Allen art blades on our LE. They look awesome. Great quality as well.
https://www.flylanddesigns.com/product/monster-bash-art-blades-for-pinball-machines/

+1 for Brian Allen. ORIGINAL, hand-drawn artwork. His stuff is top notch quality.

#8499 2 years ago

I do like Brians art, but like my translite I had to physically cut to fit the MBr. The art alone looks good but sort of but doesn't integrate with the game art. I think if you did brian's art do both the translite and the side blades to help bundle it all.

#8500 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

No.

Darn,
Thank you Lloyd.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 33.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

12,125 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
St. Paul, MN
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Tulsa, OK
$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 12.95
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 9,330 posts in this topic. You are on page 170 of 187.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monster-bash-remake-mbr-owners-club/page/170 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.