(Topic ID: 222461)

Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)

By MrSanRamon

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 9,324 posts
  • 731 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by KidDynamite
  • Topic is favorited by 277 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)”

• I'm in on a CE 77 votes
    9%
  • I'm in on a SE 172 votes
    21%
  • I'm in on a LE 396 votes
    48%
  • I'm out for now 182 votes
    22%

(827 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

wire switch 2 (resized).jpg
R orbit switch (resized).jpg
IMG_4951 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4943 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0464 (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
IMG_3190 (resized).jpeg
Wolfman (resized).jpg
IMG_2467 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4014 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231111_165525077 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20231112-165133 (resized).png
20231110_123120 (resized).jpg
20231105_122730 (resized).jpg
94B393B7-CB09-4AFB-A166-CF0EC7F7F9A0 (resized).jpeg
3D150F78-A1C1-4B31-A9FA-00031163D7C1 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 9,324 posts in this topic. You are on page 169 of 187.
#8401 2 years ago
Quoted from TheBeefSupreme:

This game is making me so mad. I have tried everything to fix this SDTM from this scoop and nothing is working. I have used the washer under the plate like LTG recommended, I have the spring washer to hold the coil steady, I adjusted the power, and I have tried any combination of those. I have also made sure everything is tight. It may get a great feed to the left flipper once or twice but then it’s going back down the middle again. The game is completely unplayable like this.
The coil sleeve doesn’t look messed up or dirty, but I’m wondering if something there needs to be replaced but nothing looks bad. The game only has about 200 total plays. The SDTM feeds are usually very weak which makes me think it’s possibly an issue with the coil?

Honestly man I was on the same boat and tried everything. The thing that worked for me was changing coil sleeves. Also make sure the coil is high on the bracket and tight. If it’s loose it can do some weird stuff. My coil sleeve looked decent but for 25 cents I put a new one in and never had SDTM issues again.

#8402 2 years ago
Quoted from Flipper_Ripper:

Honestly man I was on the same boat and tried everything. The thing that worked for me was changing coil sleeves. Also make sure the coil is high on the bracket and tight. If it’s loose it can do some weird stuff. My coil sleeve looked decent but for 25 cents I put a new one in and never had SDTM issues again.

Thanks. You by any chance know what sleeve you got? The manual says 03-7067 but no number after. Looks like this is the only on on Marco that lists MB compatibility so I was leaning that way but wasn’t 100% sure. I was going to measure mine but for all I know it could be wrong and that’s what’s causing the problem haha.

17212575-166A-41F4-B18A-BBD0664E8277 (resized).jpeg17212575-166A-41F4-B18A-BBD0664E8277 (resized).jpeg
#8403 2 years ago

Thanks. You by any chance know what sleeve you got? The manual says 03-7067 but no number after. Looks like this is the only on on Marco that lists MB compatibility so I was leaning that way but wasn’t 100% sure. I was going to measure mine but for all I know it could be wrong and that’s what’s causing the problem haha.[quoted image]

I don’t have the manual or info around right now, but that looks like the one. The one I removed from my Monster Bash was missing quite a bit after the flange, but the one I put in looks just like the one you posted.

#8404 2 years ago
Quoted from Flipper_Ripper:

I don’t have the manual or info around right now, but that looks like the one. The one I removed from my Monster Bash was missing quite a bit after the flange, but the one I put in looks just like the one you posted.

Ok sounds good. I’ll try it. Here was the manual page. Ha I got confused because there were different ones with the same starting numbers but then a varying digit at the end. Im sure I could just cut it down but I would much rather have the right size to start.

B9A90608-8D51-4F23-BCB6-4F630386A908 (resized).jpegB9A90608-8D51-4F23-BCB6-4F630386A908 (resized).jpeg
#8405 2 years ago

This game is making me so mad. I have tried everything to fix this SDTM from this scoop and nothing is working. I have used the washer under the plate like LTG recommended, I have the spring washer to hold the coil steady, I adjusted the power, and I have tried any combination of those. I have also made sure everything is tight. It may get a great feed to the left flipper once or twice but then it’s going back down the middle again. The game is completely unplayable like this.
The coil sleeve doesn’t look messed up or dirty, but I’m wondering if something there needs to be replaced but nothing looks bad. The game only has about 200 total plays. The SDTM feeds are usually very weak which makes me think it’s possibly an issue with the coil?

If you’re desperate, you could try this idea:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monster-bash-remake-mbr-owners-club/page/86#post-4879879

That solved all of my SDTM issues at the time.

Ultimately, I fixed my SDTM w/ the spring washer and adjusting power.

#8406 2 years ago

This game is making me so mad.

My original Monster Bash was incurable with this.

I removed the scoop bracket. Stripped the parts off of it. The four holes used to fasten it to the playfield. I elongated them. Cleaned it up. Put it all back together. Put it back in the game turning the whole assembly clockwise and tightened the screws.

This pointed it at the left flipper no matter what.

Figure out ahead of time which direction to turn it and what shape to make the holes to do this.

LTG : )

#8407 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

My original Monster Bash was incurable with this.
I removed the scoop bracket. Stripped the parts off of it. The four holes used to fasten it to the playfield. I elongated them. Cleaned it up. Put it all back together. Put it back in the game turning the whole assembly clockwise and tightened the screws.
This pointed it at the left flipper no matter what.
Figure out ahead of time which direction to turn it and what shape to make the holes to do this.

Oh man, ha I really hope I don’t have to do all that.

#8408 2 years ago

Oh man, ha I really hope I don’t have to do all that.

Half hour of work and no more problems ?

Use a drill with a drill bit the same size as the holes. Rock it back and forth to gouge out the holes wider.

#8409 2 years ago

This game is making me so mad. I have tried everything to fix this SDTM from this scoop and nothing is

TheBeefSupreme

Suffered from the same problem and it definitely does completely destroy the game.

Tried spring washers under the playfield and tweaking the coil strength. Neither worked on mine.

What finally eliminated the sdtm dribblers 99.99% of the time was applying a quarter inch thick foam pad with adhesive on one side only, to the right inside of the right popper channel.
Looks a little Rube Goldberg but I do not miss the utter frustration of every fourth ball dribbling sdtm.

I included images of the “fix” and the medical supply packing I MacIvered the adhesive pad from.

30556FAC-72B0-4E44-B0DD-C5EEE74F9BAF (resized).jpeg30556FAC-72B0-4E44-B0DD-C5EEE74F9BAF (resized).jpeg3B93742B-93FD-4CBB-91DA-880DA194A025 (resized).jpeg3B93742B-93FD-4CBB-91DA-880DA194A025 (resized).jpeg
#8410 2 years ago

Ok sounds good. I’ll try it. Here was the manual page. Ha I got confused because there were different ones with the same starting numbers but then a varying digit at the end. Im sure I could just cut it down but I would much rather have the right size to start.
[quoted image]

I wouldn’t trim it. I didn’t trim and works flawless.

#8411 2 years ago
Quoted from Filimurz:

This game is making me so mad. I have tried everything to fix this SDTM from this scoop and nothing is
TheBeefSupreme
Suffered from the same problem and it definitely does completely destroy the game.
Tried spring washers under the playfield and tweaking the coil strength. Neither worked on mine.
What finally eliminated the sdtm dribblers 99.99% of the time was applying a quarter inch thick foam pad with adhesive on one side only, to the right inside of the right popper channel.
Looks a little Rube Goldberg but I do not miss the utter frustration of every fourth ball dribbling sdtm.
I included images of the “fix” and the medical supply packing I MacIvered the adhesive pad from.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Yes, I did the same thing using a felt pad and haven't had a problem since.

#8412 2 years ago

Would someone be willing to measure the instruction apron card for me when they have a chance? Thanks!

#8413 2 years ago
Quoted from dddanielll:

Would someone be willing to measure the instruction apron card for me when they have a chance?

5 7/8 by 3 1/8

#8415 2 years ago

My mezel mod plastic protector kit just came in! For install, just curious. did everyone put the protector in, and just squeeze the plastic stand offs into the proctor holes, then drop the plastic on top and screw it in?

#8416 2 years ago

where can i find tilt bob kit? i recently purchased a machine that is missing the thing that holds up the tilt bob

#8417 2 years ago
Quoted from whoknowsgoi:

where can i find tilt bob kit? i recently purchased a machine that is missing the thing that holds up the tilt bob

I would either bring the tilt bob to the hardware store and find a screw that fits, or buy a new tilt bob with the screw
https://www.pinballlife.com/plumb-bob-with-thumb-screw.html

#8418 2 years ago
Quoted from whoknowsgoi:

Marco has the clip you could use. https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/A-14653

#8419 2 years ago

Frankie had an accident. Not sure how it happened but more importantly, I’m not sure how this is supposed to reattach. Any suggestions or pictures appreciated.

37E94F7F-14B6-4C86-B761-1F274D8C9A91 (resized).jpeg37E94F7F-14B6-4C86-B761-1F274D8C9A91 (resized).jpegC26BAB73-7A54-40FD-BCBC-C6205291FDCF (resized).jpegC26BAB73-7A54-40FD-BCBC-C6205291FDCF (resized).jpegF39FFF4F-E3BA-45E9-8BFD-06EF7591973D (resized).jpegF39FFF4F-E3BA-45E9-8BFD-06EF7591973D (resized).jpeg
#8420 2 years ago
Quoted from Pizzaman13:

Frankie had an accident. Not sure how it happened but more importantly, I’m not sure how this is supposed to reattach. Any suggestions or pictures appreciated.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks like he drank to much! Let me sleep it off!?

Hope someone chimes in soon!

#8421 2 years ago
Quoted from Pizzaman13:

See picture. Looks like the tab on Frank flipped out of the slot in the table.

Might need to be bent a little so it doesn't happen again.

franktablefix (resized).jpgfranktablefix (resized).jpg
#8422 2 years ago

LTG, you are the best. I’ll give it a look later today.

#8423 2 years ago
Quoted from Pizzaman13:

That’s how you finish the game, when Frank face-plants onto the playfield. Poor Frank. I hope you get him back on the slab.

#8424 2 years ago

My 3 year has Covid. Doing well tho!
She had a fever last night, so she stayed up with me after I gave her some Tylenol and had a few beer and played some pinball!

03DE8DF5-9BFE-41E6-88E0-EFB83B6014B7 (resized).jpeg03DE8DF5-9BFE-41E6-88E0-EFB83B6014B7 (resized).jpeg
#8425 2 years ago

Glad to hear. Take good care of her.

#8426 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Glad to hear. Take good care of her.

Will do!
Thanks Lloyd!
Hope you are doing well!
Richard

#8427 2 years ago
Quoted from Richard-NBA-SF2:

She had a fever last night, so she stayed up with me after I gave her some Tylenol and had a few beer and played some pinball!
[quoted image]

Your 3-year old drinks beer? Cool

#8428 2 years ago

[quoted image]

My son is 3 and loves pinball. He just started school last fall and we worry about him. I hope she is feeling better.

#8429 2 years ago

Anyone know if there is a way to adjust the height of Frank's arms? When he is standing, his arms are not raised straight out like they should be, they are a bit lower.

#8430 2 years ago
Quoted from bigballa81:

Anyone know if there is a way to adjust the height of Frank's arms? When he is standing, his arms are not raised straight out like they should be, they are a bit lower.

I think you will have to inspect what they are doing. They are on that metal arm that should push them up with frank being up right. I don't know if there is an adjustment per say. Have you manually lifted the arms yet?

IMG_4012 (resized).jpegIMG_4012 (resized).jpegIMG_4013 (resized).jpegIMG_4013 (resized).jpegIMG_4014 (resized).jpegIMG_4014 (resized).jpeg
#8431 2 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

I think you will have to inspect what they are doing. They are on that metal arm that should push them up with frank being up right. I don't know if there is an adjustment per say. Have you manually lifted the arms yet?

No I haven't tried anything yet. To be honest I'm kind of afraid to touch it too much. Right now all Frank hits seem to registering pretty good, and the last thing I want is to mess that up. I thought I would hit up the forms to see if there were any hot tips.

#8432 2 years ago
Quoted from bigballa81:

No I haven't tried anything yet. To be honest I'm kind of afraid to touch it too much. Right now all Frank hits seem to registering pretty good, and the last thing I want is to mess that up. I thought I would hit up the forms to see if there were any hot tips.

You can physically move it and not break anything as long as you don’t force. I wonder if that metal arm just for hung up

#8433 2 years ago

The Phantom flip is working intermittently (mostly doesn't work) on the left inlane. The right seems to be working ok.

I've done a switch edge test and both the rollover switch and the opto seem to work ok.

I cleaned both optos and the left still works only very occasionally.

Before I start tearing things apart, I assume the Phantom flip is activated by the opto...is that correct?

Robert

#8434 2 years ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

The Phantom flip is working intermittently (mostly doesn't work) on the left inlane. The right seems to be working ok.
I've done a switch edge test and both the rollover switch and the opto seem to work ok.
Before I start tearing things apart, I assume the Phantom flip is activated by the opto...is that correct?
Robert

I just noticed last night that both of left and right flippers don’t flip when Phantom is lit. It used to work fine (well it would flip, not make the shot).

#8435 2 years ago

I just noticed last night that both of left and right flippers don’t flip when Phantom is lit. It used to work fine (well it would flip, not make the shot).

Yeah, I would do switch tests on the opto’s and reed/magnet switches

#8436 2 years ago

When it doesn't flip, it will return the ball.

Robert

#8437 2 years ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

When it doesn't flip, it will return the ball.
Robert

Ohh OK. I did notice that as well! Was not sure why tho.

#8438 2 years ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

Robert

Mine does exactly the same thing, would be very interested to know what you come up with to rectify this issue.

#8439 2 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Yeah, I would do switch tests on the opto’s and reed/magnet switches

I know the original MB does not have magnetic reed switches (MRS') - but I am unaware the remakes do....can you confirm?

Matt
M&M Creations

#8440 2 years ago
Quoted from Sonic:

I know the original MB does not have magnetic reed switches (MRS') - but I am unaware the remakes do....can you confirm?
Matt
M&M Creations

Eddie switches? I may of swapped the terms because I couldn’t remember Eddie

#8441 2 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Eddie switches? I may of swapped the terms because I couldn’t remember Eddie

Makes sense - that's what the original had...thanks man!

Matt

#8442 2 years ago

Question do you think a MB LE is worth $12,500? Man a year ago they were 8k and few months ago $10k. Idk if I should buy one at this crazy price and market shifts.

#8443 2 years ago
Quoted from beltking:

Question do you think a MB LE is worth $12,500? Man a year ago they were 8k and few months ago $10k. Idk if I should buy one at this crazy price and market shifts.

I was about to pay 11k but couldn't find one when I was looking. The game is only worth what you think it is worth. Will you play it and keep it? Are you looking to flip it for more money?

I ended up getting a SE at an ok price. I would love the topper and powder coat but I don't personally feel those are worth 3-4k alone. The LE is gorgeous but you really just play the game when you play, and the SE and LE have the same gameplay.

#8444 2 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

I was about to pay 11k but couldn't find one when I was looking. The game is only worth what you think it is worth. Will you play it and keep it? Are you looking to flip it for more money?
I ended up getting a SE at an ok price. I would love the topper and powder coat but I don't personally feel those are worth 3-4k alone. The LE is gorgeous but you really just play the game when you play, and the SE and LE have the same gameplay.

True plus powder only costs $300 or so. I have an attack and medieval le already.

#8445 2 years ago
Quoted from beltking:

True plus powder only costs $300 or so. I have an attack and medieval le already.

If you want to add it and keep it "long term" and money is not super tight, you could splurge. I wanted the games to match w/ toppers between MMr, CCr and MBr but owell.

#8446 2 years ago
Quoted from beltking:

Honestly? I don't think any of the machines are 'worth' what they are going for now. If I was wanting for money, I'd be unloading all my games at this point. Prices have gone past insanity.

#8447 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Honestly? I don't think any of the machines are 'worth' what they are going for now. If I was wanting for money, I'd be unloading all my games at this point. Prices have gone past insanity.

Yeah. Paid 12500 for a Deadpool le which was high months ago. Now $16k. People laughed at me when I told them it would be 16k in a few months. Shits nuts.

#8448 2 years ago
Quoted from Budgiecougar:

Mine does exactly the same thing, would be very interested to know what you come up with to rectify this issue.

I took the glass off and started several games. While the glass was off, I pushed both of the phantom flip targets and started several Phantom flips.

After I started them, I would take the ball and drop it down the inlanes. After doing this for several games, the phantom flip mode started working on the left inLane as well as the right one does.

So now that mode seems to work quite well. The only thing I did was clean the optos with a Q-tip with alcohol. But it didn’t seem like cleaning them made any difference, it was starting the mode several times and dropping the ball through the inlanes.

Robert

#8449 2 years ago
Quoted from beltking:

I paid 10k for my SE fairy recently. Probably wasn’t a great deal but it was the only one I could find, and figured it’d cost at least that much if I waited any longer. Who knows if/when they’ll run MBr again. If you can snag an LE for that, at this point - if you really want it and that’s the asking price, I don’t know that you could expect to find it for less by waiting longer.

#8450 2 years ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

I took the glass off and started several games. While the glass was off, I pushed both of the phantom flip targets and started several Phantom flips.
After I started them, I would take the ball and drop it down the inlanes. After doing this for several games, the phantom flip mode started working on the left inLane as well as the right one does.
So now that mode seems to work quite well. The only thing I did was clean the optos with a Q-tip with alcohol. But it didn’t seem like cleaning them made any difference, it was starting the mud several times and dropping the ball through the inlanes.
Robert

Ok, I’ll try that tonight!
Thanks!
Richard

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 12.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp
Decals
There are 9,324 posts in this topic. You are on page 169 of 187.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monster-bash-remake-mbr-owners-club/page/169?hl=filimurz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.