(Topic ID: 222461)

Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)

By MrSanRamon

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 9,330 posts
  • 732 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 24 hours ago by Dashmonster
  • Topic is favorited by 277 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)”

• I'm in on a CE 77 votes
    9%
  • I'm in on a SE 172 votes
    21%
  • I'm in on a LE 396 votes
    48%
  • I'm out for now 182 votes
    22%

(827 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

wire switch 2 (resized).jpg
R orbit switch (resized).jpg
IMG_4951 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4943 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0464 (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
IMG_3190 (resized).jpeg
Wolfman (resized).jpg
IMG_2467 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4014 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231111_165525077 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20231112-165133 (resized).png
20231110_123120 (resized).jpg
20231105_122730 (resized).jpg
94B393B7-CB09-4AFB-A166-CF0EC7F7F9A0 (resized).jpeg
3D150F78-A1C1-4B31-A9FA-00031163D7C1 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 9,330 posts in this topic. You are on page 168 of 187.
#8351 2 years ago
Quoted from t2000tjt:Anyone know the height in inches of the LE with topper?

83 3/4" with nuts off on rear and leg levelers adjusted all the way down or 84" to be safe which allows a 1/4" side to side adjustment for leveling if needed. The brides head is the tallest point of the topper.

#8352 2 years ago
Quoted from phs4real:

Grand Champion 722 Million and finally added my initials for MOR Champion at 210M, just over the 200M default.

Nice Job.

#8353 2 years ago

I asked in the mmr thread but haven’t heard, can the old Williams mirror blades fit the remakes? Or is it recommended to just wait for cgc to make more mirror blades? Need them for my mmr and mbr, but I have a pair of old Williams mirror blades sitting around

#8354 2 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

I asked in the mmr thread but haven’t heard, can the old Williams mirror blades fit the remakes? Or is it recommended to just wait for cgc to make more mirror blades? Need them for my mmr and mbr, but I have a pair of old Williams mirror blades sitting around

I think they do fit, but I could be wrong. I know the sets that I got for my AFMr and MBr said they fit both the CGC remakes and the old Williams games.

#8355 2 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

can the old Williams mirror blades fit the remakes?

Yes.

LTG : )

1 week later
#8356 2 years ago

Merry Christmas

751F20A8-043C-4894-9878-F00EAB82C5BA (resized).jpeg751F20A8-043C-4894-9878-F00EAB82C5BA (resized).jpeg
#8357 2 years ago

Haha, that’s great!

#8358 2 years ago

Happening here as well!

D072C51A-7AD9-40B3-96CA-3F5AD5F81CC0 (resized).jpegD072C51A-7AD9-40B3-96CA-3F5AD5F81CC0 (resized).jpeg
2 weeks later
#8359 2 years ago

Hello All, Having a slight issue with the Mummy casket not opening all the time. Fails one out of five-ish. When it doesn't open there is an audible hum. Tested Solenoid and it flips slightly open but doesn't seem to be an issue. I did notice the plastic cover over the ball rails for Bride that runs directly beneath the casket is touching the bottom of the casket.

Anyone else seeing this issue?

Thanks
Matthew

#8360 2 years ago
Quoted from Tenner:

I did notice the plastic cover over the ball rails for Bride that runs directly beneath the casket is touching the bottom of the casket.

I'd deal with that first.

#8361 2 years ago

Yep, Strange, is that piece of plastic above the ball rail has one hole drilled so it would be adjustable left or right, but the other hole is not, it's cut to fit the post exactly round. So you can't really adjust it. I might just elongate that round hole so I can adjust it just a bit.

Thanks LTG...
Matthew

#8362 2 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Yeah used cointaker William mirrors. Says remake too.

#8363 2 years ago

I haven't heard back from the BA thread. I recieved the brian allen MB translite. Put it in and when I install 2-3 of the plastic guides the translite starts to pull off the glass. How are people installing translites and keeping them flat against the glass? I see 2 of my plastic guides are already splitting.

#8364 2 years ago
Quoted from beltking:

Yeah used cointaker William mirrors. Says remake too.

thank you! I'll have to test fit the ones I have on hand.

#8365 2 years ago

Having a new issue where whenever the ball gets stopped for Frank Multiball, it gets stuck in the spot after the stopper goes down. It looks like the pin may be blocking the ball. Anyone else have this problem and know how to fix?

51F709D3-A345-49B2-9B71-F633E183A696 (resized).jpeg51F709D3-A345-49B2-9B71-F633E183A696 (resized).jpeg
#8366 2 years ago

The arm of the switch needs to be adjusted so it doesn't trap the ball and still works.

You might be able to loosen the two screws a little holding the switch down and turn the body of the switch a tiny bit clockwise and then retighten the screws, not too tight.

If it doesn't move, then you need to gently bend the arm of the switch a little. So it lets the ball roll by but still triggers the switch.

#8367 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

The arm of the switch needs to be adjusted so it doesn't trap the ball and still works.
You might be able to loosen the two screws a little holding the switch down and turn the body of the switch a tiny bit clockwise and then retighten the screws, not too tight.
If it doesn't move, then you need to gently bend the arm of the switch a little. So it lets the ball roll by but still triggers the switch.

Yep, exactly this. My OG MB had the same issue. The switch arm is so long it does not need to move much to trigger

#8368 2 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

The Pingraffix blades fit both original and remake.

#8369 2 years ago

I'm hoping that somebody can offer a little helpful advice.

I'm installing some Pin Stadium Neo's to my MBr CE and I'm a bit stumped. My other pins are all Sterns (all but one have Pin Stadiums). This is my first CGC machine and it is noticeably different under the play field, from the Sterns.

I attached a photo of the connectors that Scott included with the Pin Stadium Neo's. It surprises me that the Pin Stadiums that I have purchased have not come with any kind of printed instructions.

If someone out there owns a MBr CE and can let me know where you connected your GI and flashers, I would really appreciate it. For the record, on my Stern's, I used the red and green wire (they would be the ones with the Alligator clips, in the photo) for my flashers. I'm not even sure where to connect the other other connectors (the splitter attached to the blue and white wires) on my MBr.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Dave

MBr 02 (resized).jpgMBr 02 (resized).jpgMRr 01 (resized).JPGMRr 01 (resized).JPG
#8370 2 years ago
Quoted from Master_of_Trolls:

I'm hoping that somebody can offer a little helpful advice.
I'm installing some Pin Stadium Neo's to my MBr CE and I'm a bit stumped. My other pins are all Sterns (all but one have Pin Stadiums). This is my first CGC machine and it is noticeably different under the play field, from the Sterns.
I attached a photo of the connectors that Scott included with the Pin Stadium Neo's. It surprises me that the Pin Stadiums that I have purchased have not come with any kind of printed instructions.
If someone out there owns a MBr CE and can let me know where you connected your GI and flashers, I would really appreciate it. For the record, on my Stern's, I used the red and green wire (they would be the ones with the Alligator clips, in the photo) for my flashers. I'm not even sure where to connect the other other connectors (the splitter attached to the blue and white wires) on my MBr.
Dave
[quoted image][quoted image]

Someone might be able to help here but I would also reach out to Scott. It may vary due to the holidays but he was always insanely quick and helpful when I have had an issue. Ha, in my case it was always user error.

#8371 2 years ago

Recently installed on my MBr as well. Scott pointed me to a few posts and sent me PDF's as well. Check out the following:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pin-stadium-lights-official-announcement/page/85#post-4952945

Posts 4209 and 4210 (if I recall correctly).

Hope this helps.

#8372 2 years ago
Quoted from TheBeefSupreme:

Someone might be able to help here but I would also reach out to Scott. It may vary due to the holidays but he was always insanely quick and helpful when I have had an issue. Ha, in my case it was always user error.

Thank you, I did reach out to Scott and am hoping to hear back by early next week (given the holidays).

#8373 2 years ago
Quoted from Goyomex:

Recently installed on my MBr as well. Scott pointed me to a few posts and sent me PDF's as well. Check out the following:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pin-stadium-lights-official-announcement/page/85#post-4952945
Posts 4209 and 4210 (if I recall correctly).
Hope this helps.

Thank you, very much. This was actually very helpful and much appreciated. It gave me the location to attach my GI adaptor. I sent an email to Scott to inquire about a good location for the flashers. Those attach via alligator clips, though I do not see any metal posts to attach to (all the lights look like they use plastic clips).

#8374 2 years ago

Actually got the 666 "Monster Bonus" today for the first time. I wasn't even trying (as I usually try to concentrate on one monster at a time), but I suddenly had 5 all going and I was just able to start Frank before the Bride timed out.

I still need to get to Lyman's Revenge (closest I've gotten is like 36 of the 44 needed).

#8375 2 years ago

Can mbr still be found new at any distros or is that long gone? I know I probably sound real out of touch and yes I am. I haven’t bought a machine in many years so not familiar with the market cycles etc. thx

#8376 2 years ago
Quoted from jackd104:

Can mbr still be found new at any distros or is that long gone? I know I probably sound real out of touch and yes I am. I haven’t bought a machine in many years so not familiar with the market cycles etc. thx

As far as I know there are none available at MSRP
This dealer has a classic edition for $11,000 if you are willing to pay that.
http://pinballs.com/

#8377 2 years ago

Pinballs is automated….he seems to keep finding games from the back of his warehouse, call and see if he’ll work a deal on pricing

#8378 2 years ago

Thanks for the lead guys!

#8379 2 years ago

Just want to give a 'shout out' to Scott, from Pin Stadium. He communicated with me, over the Christmas Holiday, to troubleshoot my Pinstadiums. Others, above, were also very helpful. My MBr CE looks sooooooooo much better with the Pin Stadiums working.

My appreciation to all who offered great advice and Scott should get some kind of award for truly AMAZING customer service!

#8380 2 years ago

In the likely chance that I’m an idiot, can someone post a picture of where they placed their washer to prevent the SDTM from the scoop? I looked through the forum for the solution and put in the washer where I thought it made sense but it’s still not completely movement free so I’m wondering if I messed up.

I’m also not sure where to turn the power up in the menus. Feel like I went through everything and didn’t see that option

#8381 2 years ago

can someone post a picture of where they placed their washer to prevent the SDTM from the scoop?

No picture. Loosen the screws holding the assembly to the playfield. Push the washer in the left side between the bracket and the playfield.

When the playfield is down, looking at the scoop it should now lean to the left a little.

#8382 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

No picture.

I did have a picture.

pitfix (resized).jpgpitfix (resized).jpg
#8383 2 years ago

Thanks LTG, Haha I absolutely did the wrong thing.

#8384 2 years ago

In the likely chance that I’m an idiot, can someone post a picture of where they placed their washer to prevent the SDTM from the scoop? I looked through the forum for the solution and put in the washer where I thought it made sense but it’s still not completely movement free so I’m wondering if I messed up.
I’m also not sure where to turn the power up in the menus. Feel like I went through everything and didn’t see that option

Power for coils is in the cgc menu iirc, open the coin door and hold the right most button and it should bring you to the cgc menu.

#8385 2 years ago

Just want to give a 'shout out' to Scott, from Pin Stadium. He communicated with me, over the Christmas Holiday, to troubleshoot my Pinstadiums. Others, above, were also very helpful. My MBr CE looks sooooooooo much better with the Pin Stadiums working.
My appreciation to all who offered great advice and Scott should get some kind of award for truly AMAZING customer service!

So how did they attach?

#8386 2 years ago

Page 1-10 in the manual.

Game turned on. Hold the escape button for five seconds or so. This brings up the CGC menu. Every time you push the escape button you advance one screen. Use the "-" or "+" to go up and down the screen. Hit the enter button to change one.

Keep hitting the escape button to get back to the attract mode.

#8387 2 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

I haven't heard back from the BA thread. I recieved the brian allen MB translite. Put it in and when I install 2-3 of the plastic guides the translite starts to pull off the glass. How are people installing translites and keeping them flat against the glass? I see 2 of my plastic guides are already splitting.

bump

#8388 2 years ago

I had a similar problem. Brian’s version is bigger than the original. I had to carefully and slightly trim Brian’s to make it work. It doesn’t look like should be a problem but for whatever reason it is. Lay the new over the original and I think you’ll see the small size differential I’m talking about.

#8389 2 years ago
Quoted from Pizzaman13:

I had a similar problem. Brian’s version is bigger than the original. I had to carefully and slightly trim Brian’s to make it work. It doesn’t look like should be a problem but for whatever reason it is. Lay the new over the original and I think you’ll see the small size differential I’m talking about.

Ahhh, interesting. I’ll do that and see what the difference is. Yeah kind of annoying….

Thanks!

#8390 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I did have a picture.
[quoted image]

Thanks so much for posting this LTG! I was having the SDTM problem from the scoop and this fixed it. Bracket was a bit stiff to come off the bottom of the playfield even with the screws loosened, but eventually pried it off a bit and got the washer in between.

#8391 2 years ago
Quoted from bigballa81:

Thanks so much for posting this LTG! I was having the SDTM problem from the scoop and this fixed it. Bracket was a bit stiff to come off the bottom of the playfield even with the screws loosened, but eventually pried it off a bit and got the washer in between.

Played a few games and I’m still getting the SDTM issue maybe one out of 4 times, maybe I need a thicker washer. I have seen someone post about using a spring washer. Would this perhaps provide a better result?

#8392 2 years ago
Quoted from bigballa81:

Played a few games and I’m still getting the SDTM issue maybe one out of 4 times, maybe I need a thicker washer. I have seen someone post about using a spring washer. Would this perhaps provide a better result?

If your coil is loose a spring washer will help tighten it up and help prevent balls going straight down the middle. I believe I put mine next to the coil stop to tighten everything up. This solved the problem for me. Also make sure you squeeze everything together when tightening the coil stop to further reduce movement in the coil.

LTG's washer fix helps direct the ball more towards the left flipper I believe, but that may not be your issue.

#8393 2 years ago
Quoted from Sleepy:

If your coil is loose a spring washer will help tighten it up and help prevent balls going straight down the middle. I believe I put mine next to the coil stop to tighten everything up. This solved the problem for me. Also make sure you squeeze everything together when tightening the coil stop to further reduce movement in the coil.
LTG's washer fix helps direct the ball more towards the left flipper I believe, but that may not be your issue.

I know this might be a bit much to ask, but you think you could take a picture of the spring washer you put next to the coil stop on your machine? I’m not quite sure what to do and a pic might help.

#8394 2 years ago
Quoted from bigballa81:

I know this might be a bit much to ask, but you think you could take a picture of the spring washer you put next to the coil stop on your machine? I’m not quite sure what to do and a pic might help.

Here is a picture. I actually have it on the opposite end of the coil stop, between the coil bracket and the coil. You can just see a piece of the spring washer sticking out at the top. I hope this helps.

MB Spring Washer (resized).jpgMB Spring Washer (resized).jpg
#8395 2 years ago
Quoted from bigballa81:

If that doesn’t fix the problem, push the plunger on the coil manually a few times. If you feel some resistance replace coil sleeve. I had the SDTM issue however mine just limped out of the scoop down the middle once in a while. I was under the hood and just checked the coil and I found it had some resistance like almost like a bit of sand was in there. Replaced coil sleeve and never had an issue since.

#8396 2 years ago
Quoted from Sleepy:

Here is a picture. I actually have it on the opposite end of the coil stop, between the coil bracket and the coil. You can just see a piece of the spring washer sticking out at the top. I hope this helps. [quoted image]

Thanks very much for the tips and the pictures! I’ll give it a shot.

#8397 2 years ago
Quoted from Pizzaman13:

Whoaaaa that is different. Hmmm gonna trim , just need to decide if it’s all four sides or two
It is 3/8" too large on 2 sides. The "genuine" sticker is blocking a lot from cutting the bottom. I'm going to split the cuts on all 4, but the bottom will be like a 1/16"

BB922581-E66A-45CC-B059-B19E0E156457 (resized).jpegBB922581-E66A-45CC-B059-B19E0E156457 (resized).jpeg
9B7A5D4E-2FF1-44ED-A1AF-8A4C992C0AC8 (resized).jpeg9B7A5D4E-2FF1-44ED-A1AF-8A4C992C0AC8 (resized).jpeg

EDIT:
I cut 3/16" off each side and 1/4" off the top. the trans fits MUCH better but still is not stuck to the glass. However you can't see any lift/creases so it is good to go!

#8398 2 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

I'm going to split the cuts on all 4, but the bottom will be like a 1/16"

Glad it worked out for you. Once I figured that out, I’ve never looked back. Love the look of his alternate translites.

#8399 2 years ago
Quoted from bigballa81:

Thanks very much for the tips and the pictures! I’ll give it a shot.

I fixed the SDTM issue from the scoop. I just had to tighten us the 2 nuts on the coil bracket. Don’t know why I didn’t think of this earlier!

#8400 2 years ago

This game is making me so mad. I have tried everything to fix this SDTM from this scoop and nothing is working. I have used the washer under the plate like LTG recommended, I have the spring washer to hold the coil steady, I adjusted the power, and I have tried any combination of those. I have also made sure everything is tight. It may get a great feed to the left flipper once or twice but then it’s going back down the middle again. The game is completely unplayable like this.

The coil sleeve doesn’t look messed up or dirty, but I’m wondering if something there needs to be replaced but nothing looks bad. The game only has about 200 total plays. The SDTM feeds are usually very weak which makes me think it’s possibly an issue with the coil?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 33.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Machine - For Sale
Shepherdsville, KY
12,125 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
St. Paul, MN
$ 12.95
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

There are 9,330 posts in this topic. You are on page 168 of 187.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monster-bash-remake-mbr-owners-club/page/168?hl=thebeefsupreme and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.