(Topic ID: 222461)

Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)

By MrSanRamon

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 9,330 posts
  • 732 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 33 hours ago by Dashmonster
  • Topic is favorited by 277 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)”

• I'm in on a CE 77 votes
    9%
  • I'm in on a SE 172 votes
    21%
  • I'm in on a LE 396 votes
    48%
  • I'm out for now 182 votes
    22%

(827 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

wire switch 2 (resized).jpg
R orbit switch (resized).jpg
IMG_4951 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4943 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0464 (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
IMG_3190 (resized).jpeg
Wolfman (resized).jpg
IMG_2467 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4014 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231111_165525077 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20231112-165133 (resized).png
20231110_123120 (resized).jpg
20231105_122730 (resized).jpg
94B393B7-CB09-4AFB-A166-CF0EC7F7F9A0 (resized).jpeg
3D150F78-A1C1-4B31-A9FA-00031163D7C1 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 9,330 posts in this topic. You are on page 167 of 187.
#8301 2 years ago

Finally success. I looked on my laptop and I had downloaded the 1.0.3 version a while back. I ended up having to get a new mirco SD card because I somehow burnt the other one up trying multiple installs. Anyway, I installed the 1.0.3 version and it worked. I don't know what the deal is with the 1.0.3.b6 version I downloaded today but all it did was wipe the 1.0.2 version from the machine and installed nothing in its place.

#8302 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

If I recall, it goes off in the pops, when Frank’s table is hit and when the game ends. Might be a few more instances, but it’s not much more active than that.

The shaker does seem to be a bit less utilized than in other pins, but I feel they've done a really good job integrating it where they have. I particularly like how well it sinks up with the mummy coffin opening. All multiballs seem to have robust shaking when those modes start up, too.

#8303 2 years ago
Quoted from mostater:

The shaker does seem to be a bit less utilized than in other pins, but I feel they've done a really good job integrating it where they have. I particularly like how well it sinks up with the mummy coffin opening. All multiballs seem to have robust shaking when those modes start up, too.

ya i just put a shaker in my MBr. It was FOR SURE not used a lot. I really only noticed it when I did the frankenstein multiball. Otherwise I didn't feel it. Eh wish it was used more but I still enjoy and suggest buying the shaker if you have an extra 150 laying around.

#8304 2 years ago

I enjoy my shaker as well!

#8305 2 years ago

I'm having the scoop SDTM issue and bought a washer like many have recommended, but I can't figure out the proper way to install it. Can anyone who has done this assist?

#8306 2 years ago
Quoted from The_Swearwolf:

Can anyone who has done this assist?

I haven't done it. But I wonder if under the playfield they loosen the popper bracket, slide the washer between the underside of the playfield and edge of bracket. And then retighten the screws.

LTG : )

#8307 2 years ago
Quoted from The_Swearwolf:

I'm having the scoop SDTM issue and bought a washer like many have recommended, but I can't figure out the proper way to install it. Can anyone who has done this assist?

I believe I put mine between the coil and the coil bracket in the picture. I assume it could go on either side of the coil. The purpose is to have the coil secured tight with no slop or movement when in position. Ensure the bracket is pushed up tight when tightening the bracket screws. The spring washer ensures a tighter fit.

image3 (resized).jpegimage3 (resized).jpeg
#8308 2 years ago

Thanks for the help, I got it figured out and installed. The little nuance I was missing was to take the two nuts completely off the mounting bracket to be able to pull the popper out and get the washer on. Obvious in hindsight but this is my first table so I'm still a little nervous when fiddling with stuff

#8309 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I haven't done it. But I wonder if under the playfield they loosen the popper bracket, slide the washer between the underside of the playfield and edge of bracket. And then retighten the screws.

Is this in regards to the scoop throwing ball down the middle . Recently had become an issue with mine as well. Have tried to adjust 3 or 4 xs.

#8310 2 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

Is this in regards to the scoop throwing ball down the middle . Recently had become an issue with mine as well. Have tried to adjust 3 or 4 xs.

Yes.

Easy cure. Remove balls. ( from game, not yours ) Turn game off. Lift playfield up and lean back.

See the assembly that pops the ball up and down the middle ? Remove it. Two wood screws, one machine screw, one locknut. You can kind of leave it hang there. There are four holes that hold it to the playfield, two on top and two on the bottom. Put a thick washer on the left top and left bottom, on the side that touches the playfield. I taped the washers in place so as not to lose them.

Put the assembly back in, replace screws and locknut. Now it leans to the left a little. ( like the one on AFM )

You can play around in the CGC menu with strength. I set mine to Min. Now it kicks the ball to the left flipper.

#8311 2 years ago

LTG is this a fix for the issue I’m having?

Basically the ball hits the flipper fine 90% of the time and sometimes the coil feels like it goes limp and just dribbles down the middle because it didn’t “fire” out. I put my VUK coil settings to max with new code too.

Is there anything else I could do or something I have to live with. I sometimes have a good indication when it’s going to happen, when the previous ball coming out of the VUK shows a lot less “umph” I know the next shot in the scoop will be a little dribble SDTM. I thought it was from long games and coil getting weaker but next ball the scoop has ultra power again. And sometimes this happens first ball first game on boot up.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!!

#8312 2 years ago
Quoted from Flipper_Ripper:

Any help would be appreciated.

Problems like that are usually related to flipper button switches.

I'd swap your left and right flipper button opto boards. See if problem moves.

I clean mine with a damp Q Tip.

#8313 2 years ago

i tried new washers etc,nothing worked,so i endend
with buying a new scoop,now the problem seems fixed.

#8314 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Problems like that are usually related to flipper button switches.
I'd swap your left and right flipper button opto boards. See if problem moves.
I clean mine with a damp Q Tip.

I have the same problem as Flipper_Ripper with the scoop...exactly how is this related to flipper opto buttons?
How does the scoop firing "lamely" sometimes, be caused by the flippers?

#8315 2 years ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

I have the same problem as Flipper_Ripper with the scoop...exactly how is this related to flipper opto buttons?
How does the scoop firing "lamely" sometimes, be caused by the flippers?

I made a mistake. I read it as the flipper went limp when the ball hit it. I'm sorry for that.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!!

I'll try again. Please check wiring to coil. Reseat it's connector nearby. Be sure the cone for it in the backbox is on tight. And check inside the scoop for any obstruction.

#8316 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I made a mistake. I read it as the flipper went limp when the ball hit it. I'm sorry for that.

I'll try again. Please check wiring to coil. Reseat it's connector nearby. Be sure the cone for it in the backbox is on tight. And check inside the scoop for any obstruction.

Checked wiring and while I was there I manually pushed the coil rod up and down and noticed a bit of friction once in a while so I replaced my coil sleeve. I noticed once I started up the machine again the thing was shooting balls extra fast! So I think it needed a new sleeve. Now sometimes while running my test I notice it shoots to the right flipper the odd time and also SDTM. Never had an issue with SDTM before unless it was one of those limp dribble ejects. So will have to tweak. Thanks LTG, do you think a sleeve would cause that limp eject? Old sleeve didn’t look too bad.

#8317 2 years ago

do you think a sleeve would cause that limp eject?

Yes. I'd check the end of the plunger, see if it has a sharp edge or mushroomed. And the top of the coil stop, it it's not flat any more but cupped.

#8318 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Yes. I'd check the end of the plunger, see if it has a sharp edge or mushroomed. And the top of the coil stop, it it's not flat any more but cupped.

Thank you.

So the tip of the plunger is a bowl, sharp edge around the bowl. Is that normal or should the tip of the plunger be flat?

Is the coil stop the bracket with the two screws or the round piece at the end of the plunger?

#8319 2 years ago

So the tip of the plunger is a bowl, sharp edge around the bowl. Is that normal

Normal.

Is the coil stop the bracket with the two screws or the round piece at the end of the plunger?

Yes.

#8320 2 years ago

That vuk coil power can be changed in settings, yes?

Have you tried seeing if you can adjust settings and how it affects the play?

#8321 2 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

That vuk coil power can be changed in settings, yes?
Have you tried seeing if you can adjust settings and how it affects the play?

Yes, the problem is that the power of the coil is not consistent. 95% of the time it will kick it nice and strong to the left flipper, but 5% of the time it "misfires" with a lame kick that usually goes SDTM (though sometimes I can save it with an aggressive slide).

I have the same problem with the auto-plunger. Most of the time it kicks out nicely into the lanes above the pop bumpers, but once in a while it barely gets it into the right-side wolfman lane.

Fortunately, I never have that sort of problem with the flippers - they are strong and consistent.

#8322 2 years ago

Ive noticed that the sdtm kick out seems to occur while something else is running, like Drac or Frank or both. i think the power draw has something to do with, but thats how a look at things after working QC for 15 years. I have adjusted kick out strength but did not fix issue and variance between that adjustment is minimal . im going to try the washer and new sleeve fix today.

#8323 2 years ago

interesting.... I'll have to keep an eye out for this behavior.

With people having this issue, are there "mods" that use power installed? like extra leds', subwoofer, topper etc?

#8324 2 years ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

Yes, the problem is that the power of the coil is not consistent. 95% of the time it will kick it nice and strong to the left flipper, but 5% of the time it "misfires" with a lame kick that usually goes SDTM (though sometimes I can save it with an aggressive slide).
I have the same problem with the auto-plunger. Most of the time it kicks out nicely into the lanes above the pop bumpers, but once in a while it barely gets it into the right-side wolfman lane.
Fortunately, I never have that sort of problem with the flippers - they are strong and consistent.

Go under the playfield and move the plunger manually. I find when I did that it would go up and down smoothly but sometimes bind. I think the bond ones would be my “weak” limp plunges. I happened to have new sleeves around and replaced my coil sleeve on Popper and that thing fired like a bat out of hell on first start up. I had to turn down the power on the VUK. Then it started to shoot to my right flipper but upon further inspection last night I saw the coil stop was loose so I retightened it snug and boom we are in business and The popper is now perfect!!! Guess I needed a new sleeve. If you don’t have a sleeve handy clean your old one. I also noticed my old sleeve didn’t have as much “meat” after the ridge as my new sleeve. Don’t know if that makes a difference or not. Good luck man.

#8325 2 years ago

Looking for an LE around NE Ohio if anyone is selling. Cash or I have a like new Stern Star Wars premium with rare topper for trade. Pm me details

#8326 2 years ago

Finally! Today was the day I collected all the instruments and reached Monsters of Rock mode! I also reached Monster Bash twice, and got Mosh Pit near the very end too. Easily my best game ever at 552 million! The Ball and Chain (Bride) mode had been my biggest obstacle, until someone here noted the spinner will reset the mode timer. That was what I needed. Thanks for the tip. Now to finish MM and AFM!

B7FA4FF7-B997-481D-BEDB-539392863F8D (resized).jpegB7FA4FF7-B997-481D-BEDB-539392863F8D (resized).jpeg
#8327 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

Finally! Today was the day I collected all the instruments and reached Monsters of Rock mode! I also reached Monster Bash twice, and got Mosh Pit near the very end too. Easily my best game ever at 552 million! The Ball and Chain (Bride) mode had been my biggest obstacle, until someone here noted the spinner will reset the mode timer. That was what I needed. Thanks for the tip. Now to finish MM and AFM!
[quoted image]

Did you get Lymans Lament? If not, you are not finished! Mwahahhahaha

#8328 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Did you get Lymans Lament? If not, you are not finished! Mwahahhahaha

#8329 2 years ago

Yeah, I have not made it to Lyman's Lament. I've had a game over 3.2 billion, but had only about 35 shots to the scoop. Considering that a non-trivial amount of kicks from the scoop go SDTM, I'm not sure it's really possible to get to 44 (at least on my machine).

But I do not plan to do the cheat code thing...as I want it to be a surprise if I ever do make it.

#8330 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

[quoted image]

Did you get the 666 award? That is just as tough as MOR IMO

#8331 2 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Did you get the 666 award? That is just as tough as MOR IMO

I doubt that I will ever get that, as my strategy usually involves trying to complete the instruments individually. There really is no advantage to trying to stack a bunch of the monsters into the multi-ball. The only one I really care about stacking with Frank is the Bride, as having the timer stopped for her is a big help.

If the 666 thing was worth a lot of points, then maybe it would be worth it. But since it is just a display thing, it's just not worth the effort.

#8332 2 years ago

I didn’t notice anything suggesting I made it to Lyman’s Lament. Didn’t earn a 666 award or animation either. Only succeeded to put the band together for MOR. If there is more to achieve I’m glad to hear it! I saw that 3 billion score when I posted mine…4 MOR??? That’s bonkers!

#8333 2 years ago

holy crap you guys....I'm gonna have to step my game up :-p I'm lucky to get 2 monsters and instruments. I do have the occasional blow up game but I think I'm still sub 100 million

#8334 2 years ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

I doubt that I will ever get that, as my strategy usually involves trying to complete the instruments individually. There really is no advantage to trying to stack a bunch of the monsters into the multi-ball. The only one I really care about stacking with Frank is the Bride, as having the timer stopped for her is a big help.
If the 666 thing was worth a lot of points, then maybe it would be worth it. But since it is just a display thing, it's just not worth the effort.

It’s the One Last Thing! Lyman’s Lament is truly harder though

#8335 2 years ago

What is the 666 award?

#8336 2 years ago
Quoted from pghpinfan:

What is the 666 award?

Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

You have to get all 5 monsters going -at the same time- And then hit the Frank ramp. It’s pretty hard to do, and the points definitely don’t reflect the difficulty!

#8337 2 years ago

Omg I have to try this

#8338 2 years ago

Any word about Chicago Gaming making another run of these? And if so, when? thanks!

#8339 2 years ago
Quoted from andre060:

Any word about Chicago Gaming making another run of these? And if so, when? thanks!

Haven't heard a peep about MBr. You may want to contact them or a distributor to see if they have plans. Sounds like MMr and all the new stuff.

#8340 2 years ago

Yeah, I don't know when they would have time at this point. I don't think they have any plans to bring this one back out any time soon.

#8341 2 years ago

unfortunately when AFMr and MBr were originally released they sold super slow. It was when the market shifted when games started flying off shelves.. I think that my of left them not wanting to make more.. However everyone has to have MM, so that is a easy one to want to remake.

#8342 2 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

unfortunately when AFMr and MBr were originally released they sold super slow. It was when the market shifted when games started flying off shelves.. I think that my of left them not wanting to make more.. However everyone has to have MM, so that is a easy one to want to remake.

AFM sold slow?! That seems insane right now

#8343 2 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

AFM sold slow?! That seems insane right now

Yes I know!
I bought my AFMr SE at msrp one year ago, I also had the option to buy a LE from the same dealer at msrp if I wanted. They had stock.

#8344 2 years ago
Quoted from Richard-NBA-SF2:

Yes I know!
I bought my AFMr SE at msrp one year ago, I also had the option to buy a LE from the same dealer at msrp if I wanted. They had stock.

I remember seeing stock of MBr too, wish I bought back then!

#8345 2 years ago

Be forewarned... the super 666 Easter egg for starting all 6 monsters at once is a blink and you miss it - "6" "6" "6" that flashes on the display as Frank MB starts and a Monsters bonus of 15mil - Quite the anti climax but most often occurs by shear force of will of Lyman coding and the "randomness" of scoop awards when monster modes are stacked.

#8346 2 years ago

Anyone know the height in inches of the LE with topper?

#8347 2 years ago
Quoted from t2000tjt:

Anyone know the height in inches of the LE with topper?

About 84 inches.

#8348 2 years ago

I have 84 1/4” haha. Hmmmmm

#8349 2 years ago
Quoted from t2000tjt:

I have 84 1/4” haha. Hmmmmm

Worst case screw the rear leg levelers in a bit. The front ones, remove the nut so the screw can go further into the leg and put the nut on the top side. To help you get a good playfield pitch.

#8350 2 years ago

Grand Champion 722 Million and finally added my initials for MOR Champion at 210M, just over the 200M default.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 33.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Greeley, CO
Machine - For Sale
Tulsa, OK
$ 12.95
12,125 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
St. Paul, MN
£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

There are 9,330 posts in this topic. You are on page 167 of 187.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monster-bash-remake-mbr-owners-club/page/167?hl=cloggeddrain and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.