(Topic ID: 222461)

Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)

By MrSanRamon

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 9,332 posts
  • 732 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by KingMixer
  • Topic is favorited by 277 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)”

• I'm in on a CE 77 votes
    9%
  • I'm in on a SE 172 votes
    21%
  • I'm in on a LE 396 votes
    48%
  • I'm out for now 182 votes
    22%

(827 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

wire switch 2 (resized).jpg
R orbit switch (resized).jpg
IMG_4951 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4943 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0464 (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
IMG_3190 (resized).jpeg
Wolfman (resized).jpg
IMG_2467 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4014 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231111_165525077 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20231112-165133 (resized).png
20231110_123120 (resized).jpg
20231105_122730 (resized).jpg
94B393B7-CB09-4AFB-A166-CF0EC7F7F9A0 (resized).jpeg
3D150F78-A1C1-4B31-A9FA-00031163D7C1 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 9,332 posts in this topic. You are on page 166 of 187.
#8251 2 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

has anyone taken the topper apart? Looking for pics of the PCB and wires that plug into it

Is something wrong with yours or need troubleshooting help? Or trying to make a mod?

#8252 2 years ago

Finally. Took me almost a year. Epic game.

1DDA28D8-827A-4894-9A12-62DC53E62B52 (resized).jpeg1DDA28D8-827A-4894-9A12-62DC53E62B52 (resized).jpeg
#8253 2 years ago
Quoted from midcoastsurf:

Is something wrong with yours or need troubleshooting help? Or trying to make a mod?

I have some of the parts, looking to make a topper that acts like the original.

#8254 2 years ago
Quoted from ninjabones:

[quoted image]

looks gorgeous!

#8255 2 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

looks gorgeous!

I guess I don't see what the mod is...exactly what is it that took you a year to make?

#8256 2 years ago
Quoted from ninjabones:

[quoted image]

Nice score! Must have been a crazy game!

#8257 2 years ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

exactly what is it that took you a year to make?

Grand Champion 558 million.

LTG : )

#8258 2 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

I have some of the parts, looking to make a topper that acts like the original.

Very cool!! Well, happy to take pics once I get mine set up again (currently wrapped up as I just moved).

#8259 2 years ago

Very cool!! Well, happy to take pics once I get mine set up again (currently wrapped up as I just moved).

Thank you!
I was pretty bummed when I couldn’t find an Le when I was ready. Of course after I open my SE there’s a LE fs but in NY. Love the nib experience but man the topper would be amazing next to mmr and potentially ccr.

I found a few of the parts. So I’ll need to just fab the speakers, back board, art and want to make sure the wiring is correct. Luckily the mmr has similar setup, but they use a different “topper” board.

#8260 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Grand Champion 558 million.

Oh, I thought he had done something to the machine that took him a year. I didn't connect that to the score shown.

Is that a good score for most owners here? Not trying to poop on anyone's skills, but 500 million is just a "pretty good" score for me.

#8261 2 years ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

Oh, I thought he had done something to the machine that took him a year. I didn't connect that to the score shown.
Is that a good score for most owners here? Not trying to poop on anyone's skills, but 500 million is just a "pretty good" score for me.

dang.. I'm new to the game and don't play like slow taking specific shots often. So my flipping on the fly nets me 20-50 million average and I've had 1 game so far that broke 60 and got me on 4th place, iirc? Game is all default everything except freeplay. I was curious how you get 500 but I assume people are getting into multiballs or some good scoring mode and really hitting the right things.

#8262 2 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Thank you!
I was pretty bummed when I couldn’t find an Le when I was ready. Of course after I open my SE there’s a LE fs but in NY. Love the nib experience but man the topper would be amazing next to mmr and potentially ccr.
I found a few of the parts. So I’ll need to just fab the speakers, back board, art and want to make sure the wiring is correct. Luckily the mmr has similar setup, but they use a different “topper” board.

Sounds awesome. Would love to learn more about this build.

#8263 2 years ago

Never seen a bit that fit this on the speaker grill... anyone have an idea?

20211025_170308 (resized).jpg20211025_170308 (resized).jpg
#8266 2 years ago

ughhhhhh I've been eyeing those speaker covers up for MM and Mb.... dang... they do look good.

#8267 2 years ago
Quoted from bossk4hire:

Awesome! A neighbor had a set!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Looks great! Loving the alt translite by Brian Allen.

#8268 2 years ago

i met brian in allentown this year. his art is really cool.

#8269 2 years ago

Plastic protectors. Who has them and which ones did they go with? Mezel or Pinball Life?

#8270 2 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

dang.. I'm new to the game and don't play like slow taking specific shots often. So my flipping on the fly nets me 20-50 million average and I've had 1 game so far that broke 60 and got me on 4th place, iirc? Game is all default everything except freeplay. I was curious how you get 500 but I assume people are getting into multiballs or some good scoring mode and really hitting the right things.

I think starting multiple monster modes right before you start Frank multiball can put some big points up. 500 is a huge score for me. I think 700 was my best ever.

#8271 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

I think starting multiple monster modes right before you start Frank multiball can put some big points up. 500 is a huge score for me. I think 700 was my best ever.

The real advantage of having other monster modes running when you start Frank multiball is that the timers for the other monsters get paused while the multiball is active. This means you have a lot better chance of collecting the instruments.

The real way to get big points on MBr is to get to the second or third Monsters of Rock, which means you need to be good at collecting the instruments.

#8272 2 years ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

The real advantage of having other monster modes running when you start Frank multiball is that the timers for the other monsters get paused while the multiball is active. This means you have a lot better chance of collecting the instruments.
The real way to get big points on MBr is to get to the second or third Monsters of Rock, which means you need to be good at collecting the instruments.

+1. I only get to MoR maybe once every 30-50 games, but when I do it can double my score if I have a decent go of it.

#8273 2 years ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

Thanks! You can see I never collect all the instruments. I can collect 5, but I’m forever shooting the bride ramps. I think 16 ramps are needed to start and finish that instrument? Unless the scoop can advance that mode, or you can get free shots via the launch button? The only way I can complete her mode is to start it first and focus on it.

#8274 2 years ago

I had a great ball 1 with bride, drac, mummy ready to go with a shot to frank....annnnnnnd then started and drained dang. I'm glad I suck at pinball, it makes playing MBr soooo much fun Just installed the pinball decal target decals this am! And the shaker motor shows up today.

#8275 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

Thanks! You can see I never collect all the instruments. I can collect 5, but I’m forever shooting the bride ramps. I think 16 ramps are needed to start and finish that instrument? Unless the scoop can advance that mode, or you can get free shots via the launch button? The only way I can complete her mode is to start it first and focus on it.

I ONLY seem to be able to complete Bride in multiball, where there is no timer. I love bringing it into Bash because by then I usually have a couple of bombs too. So I flail flail flail (it is more fun for the kiddos watching or "helping" that way) and then after Bash ends, I can be close enough that the bombs finish it for me.

Funny thing is both wolfie and bride I can start no problem. I can chain the shots like a pro....and then the timer starts and it is brick city.

I am my own worst enemy.

#8276 2 years ago

Plastic protectors. Who has them and which ones did they go with? Mezel or Pinball Life?

Hmmm I've been thinking this too. The mezel mods set I think looks nice
I dont know if I like the PBL one having green that like GB goes from the slings to the inlane.....half the price though.....

I think I'll do the mezel plastics and I need to find the orange ones for MMr

#8277 2 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Hmmm I've been thinking this too. The mezel mods set I think looks nice
I dont know if I like the PBL one having green that like GB goes from the slings to the inlane.....half the price though.....
I think I'll do the mezel plastics and I need to find the orange ones for MMr

Agree - that green slingshot one from PBL covers the in-lane space, correct? Couldn’t tell from their website pics. If so, not a fan.

#8278 2 years ago

Agree - that green slingshot one from PBL covers the in-lane space, correct? Couldn’t tell from their website pics. If so, not a fan.

Yeah, I dont want the inlane covered.

PBL
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

Mezel
Screen Shot 2021-10-26 at 12.29.55 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-10-26 at 12.29.55 PM (resized).png

#8279 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

The other thing to remember about getting the Bride instrument is that hitting the spinner shot will reset the timer. So, what I usually do once I start the Bride mode, is make 2 or 3 ramp shots and then hit the spinner to give me back the time I used and then repeat. The spinner will let you re-load the timer 3 times per mode. Note that this only works for the Bride mode, the spinner does NOT reset the time for any of the other modes.

#8280 2 years ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

The other thing to remember about getting the Bride instrument is that hitting the spinner shot will reset the timer. So, what I usually do once I start the Bride mode, is make 2 or 3 ramp shots and then hit the spinner to give me back the time I used and then repeat. The spinner will let you re-load the timer 3 times per mode. Note that this only works for the Bride mode, the spinner does NOT reset the time for any of the other modes.

ohhhh nice tip!

#8281 2 years ago

Mmmm the mods started rolling in.

Pinball decals for stand up targets

And pinball pimp decal for the apron above the shooter

Shaker motor installed, that is a nice and easy install.

Mezel mods frank table and Tesla coils just need to be installed!

094E4141-16FF-48D2-92B0-2D470A27F2E2 (resized).jpeg094E4141-16FF-48D2-92B0-2D470A27F2E2 (resized).jpeg5CB7C1ED-B3E5-47A8-8FB0-439D28E4E6D5 (resized).jpeg5CB7C1ED-B3E5-47A8-8FB0-439D28E4E6D5 (resized).jpeg
#8282 2 years ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

I’m just a pinball mortal. This was the first time I got monsters of rock, and just had an epic game (for me). Nearly doubled my prior high score. Now that I’ve done it, and learned a few tricks, I can see how much higher scores are possible.

#8283 2 years ago

Plasma disc
Mezel Tesla coils
Frank’s table

Man these look good in the game!

C34F8B75-05D0-4A48-BB19-F820EB7A8794 (resized).jpegC34F8B75-05D0-4A48-BB19-F820EB7A8794 (resized).jpeg

Tesla coils feel loose sorta so if they fall off when the pf is lifted, I’ll add thicker double sided tape

#8284 2 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Plasma disc
Mezel Tesla coils
Frank’s table
Man these look good in the game!
[quoted image]
Tesla coils feel loose sorta so if they fall off when the pf is lifted, I’ll add thicker double sided tape

Love it! That Frank table and algae for the sign are at the top of the list for me.

#8285 2 years ago

Love it! That Frank table and algae for the sign are at the top of the list for me.

I think I’ll order some more.

The shaker is not used a ton on this game is it? I like it and always love a shaker but it seems a tad under utilized and mostly for frank

#8286 2 years ago

Just picked up an LE last week after wanting this machine since I first played it in 2013 as a freshman in high school. Worth every single penny. Only question, does anyones ball get stuck right next to the bride in the specific spot that I took a picture of? Has happened twice now.

453172EF-A49C-4C73-A49F-896657B868A7 (resized).jpeg453172EF-A49C-4C73-A49F-896657B868A7 (resized).jpeg
#8287 2 years ago
Quoted from marsattx:

Just picked up an LE last week after wanting this machine since I first played it in 2013 as a freshman in high school. Worth every single penny. Only question, does anyones ball get stuck right next to the bride in the specific spot that I took a picture of? Has happened twice now.
[quoted image]

Is this from the ball rolling back down the ramp (not complete ramp shot) or is this from a standard shot and it just gets stuck there?

#8288 2 years ago
Quoted from marsattx:

[quoted image]

Congrats! Have you checked pitch angle and side to side level with phone on the playfield? (if using the app)

#8289 2 years ago

Played Jersey Jack GnR in the wild at Boxcar Barcade in Raleigh for the first time today. Also played their MBr. The GnR was riddled with dimples. Far more than the MBr. They both played great and it was a ton of fun.

20E25E1D-5BC7-461A-8DED-A76C71B855A4 (resized).jpeg20E25E1D-5BC7-461A-8DED-A76C71B855A4 (resized).jpegBBEFC832-A5E2-410F-B7DA-C59D2E0DB519 (resized).jpegBBEFC832-A5E2-410F-B7DA-C59D2E0DB519 (resized).jpeg
#8290 2 years ago
Quoted from SkaterVet:

Played Jersey Jack GnR in the wild at Boxcar Barcade in Raleigh for the first time today. Also played their MBr. The GnR was riddled with dimples. Far more than the MBr. They both played great and it was a ton of fun.

Mirco strikes again. Glad you had fun!!

#8291 2 years ago
Quoted from SkaterVet:

Awesome pics, thanks for sharing. Great collection of games!

#8292 2 years ago

more shots fired at JJP .

btw, i wanted to sell a game for some extra cash. it was between AFM and MB. sold the AFM.

#8293 2 years ago

I installed a shaker motor a while back and since then it's been like 'Is that it????'. I even checked to make sure it was set at it's strongest but it just doesn't do much. Is that the case with this machine?

#8294 2 years ago
Quoted from Photopin:

I installed a shaker motor a while back and since then it's been like 'Is that it????'. I even checked to make sure it was set at it's strongest but it just doesn't do much. Is that the case with this machine?

Mine is clearly noticeable and I don't believe I have it on the highest setting either. Have you messed around with the setting in the CGC menu?

#8295 2 years ago
Quoted from mostater:

Mine is clearly noticeable and I don't believe I have it on the highest setting either. Have you messed around with the setting in the CGC menu?

I only went in to make sure it was set on 'Strong'. Not nearly as strong as my BKSOR or Hot Wheels, which rattles the glass on a medium setting.
On Monster Bash I can feel it, it just doesn't seem to go off very often.

#8296 2 years ago
Quoted from Photopin:

I only went in to make sure it was set on 'Strong'. Not nearly as strong as my BKSOR or Hot Wheels, which rattles the glass on a medium setting.
On Monster Bash I can feel it, it just doesn't seem to go off very often.

If I recall, it goes off in the pops, when Frank’s table is hit and when the game ends. Might be a few more instances, but it’s not much more active than that.

#8297 2 years ago

I found out there are fixes for the shaker in the 1.0.3. Update so I installed it. It said it was successful but on reboot I'm getting this and it doesn't go any further? What should I do?

IMG_20211111_123122968 (resized).jpgIMG_20211111_123122968 (resized).jpg

#8298 2 years ago

I went back, reformatted my card and tried it again. When the install program came up on the machine it said Current Version: none.
So, I reinstalled 1.0.3.B6.
It said it was successful, but when rebooted it doesn't get past the screen I showed before. It stays on for about a minute, goes out, then comes back on again.

#8299 2 years ago
Quoted from Photopin:

I went back, reformatted my card and tried it again. When the install program came up on the machine it said Current Version: none.
It said it was successful, but when rebooted it doesn't get past the screen I showed before. It stays on for about a minute, goes out, then comes back on again.

wonder if Lloyd has any any tips. I would make sure the beaglebone is plugged in and the cables on that are pushed on. maybe reseat them on the cpu board?

#8300 2 years ago
Quoted from Photopin:

I'd start all over. Format the micro SD card. New download of the update. Stick it on the micro SD card. Insert it in the game.

See if that does it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Asheville, NC
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 12.95
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Greeley, CO
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 33.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lafayette, LA
$ 210.00
£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

There are 9,332 posts in this topic. You are on page 166 of 187.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monster-bash-remake-mbr-owners-club/page/166 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.