(Topic ID: 222461)

Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)

By MrSanRamon

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 9,330 posts
  • 732 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 24 hours ago by Dashmonster
  • Topic is favorited by 277 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)”

• I'm in on a CE 77 votes
    9%
  • I'm in on a SE 172 votes
    21%
  • I'm in on a LE 396 votes
    48%
  • I'm out for now 182 votes
    22%

(827 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

wire switch 2 (resized).jpg
R orbit switch (resized).jpg
IMG_4951 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4943 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0464 (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
IMG_3190 (resized).jpeg
Wolfman (resized).jpg
IMG_2467 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4014 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231111_165525077 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20231112-165133 (resized).png
20231110_123120 (resized).jpg
20231105_122730 (resized).jpg
94B393B7-CB09-4AFB-A166-CF0EC7F7F9A0 (resized).jpeg
3D150F78-A1C1-4B31-A9FA-00031163D7C1 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 9,330 posts in this topic. You are on page 163 of 187.
#8101 2 years ago
Quoted from Adams:

[quoted image]
I keep getting balls stuck when hit too hard up the mummy ramp. They fly out of the ramp and land on the plastic in the back, then roll down and get stuck: sitting on the plastic, wedged between the wire ramp and the cabinet (picture attached).
Anyone else have this issue or know how to fix?
Thanks in advance
-Adam

On my machine this isn't possible. Is it possible to slightly bend/adjustment either the wire ramp or plastic to avoid this? I had the glass off and looked hard, and can't see a way a ball would stick back there.

#8102 2 years ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

On my machine this isn't possible. Is it possible to slightly bend/adjustment either the wire ramp or plastic to avoid this? I had the glass off and looked hard, and can't see a way a ball would stick back there.

Thanks for confirming this shouldn't be possible, that actually helped confirm when I had fixed this.
It looks like the ramp was just bent to lean a bit right (using roll/pitch/yaw directions, it was rolling with the right side too far down) once I bent it up a bit, the wire form doesn't even come close to the ball if I place it on the plastic. Now it would just roll down the plastic and into the shooter lane... but an added benefit of bending to the appropriate position is the ball doesn't eject from the ramp anymore to get into that position in the first place.

#8103 2 years ago

Does anyone have an used Frank figure with his two legs attached for sale? Please shoot me a PM if you do. It’s a route MB so doesn’t need to be perfect. Thanks!

2 weeks later
#8104 2 years ago

Hoping for some help here. On startup I get an error for F8 U.L. Flipper But., the switch table says F8 is up lft flip opto, but in the switch locations chart it says F8 is not used and list description ad upper left flipper cabinet.

Been in pinball awhile and this one has me scratching my head.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#8105 2 years ago
Quoted from J_Striker:

On startup I get an error for F8 U.L. Flipper

Tests - Switch Edge - push left flipper button in slowly. First lower opto should register, then upper opto ( F8 ) should register. Lane changes, initials, etc. See if it works, needs cleaning, if opto interrupter is moving enough to trigger it.

Swap left and right flipper button opto boards to see if problem moves. ( bad opto )

LTG : )

#8106 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Tests - Switch Edge - push left flipper button in slowly. First lower opto should register, then upper opto ( F8 ) should register. Lane changes, initials, etc. See if it works, needs cleaning, if opto interrupter is moving enough to trigger it.
Swap left and right flipper button opto boards to see if problem moves. ( bad opto )

thanks, ill try that... I just had no idea where to look

#8107 2 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

I like CGC's build quality, but I won (lost?) the dimple lottery so this current pf isn't getting any major polishing or waxing, just a quick wipedown now and again and I'll play daphuck out of it and consider it a learning lesson on NIB purchases going forward.

Dimples are normal, here have a look at an original
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-huo-monster-bash-

Every single B/W game I've owned had dimples, they all show in the right light and circumstances.

#8108 2 years ago
Quoted from gjm7777:

Dimples are normal, here have a look at an original
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-huo-monster-bash-
Every single B/W game I've owned had dimples, they all show in the right light and circumstances.

Wow this guy has pretty high hopes to get 20k. Me I would take my remake for a little over 7k and buy one or two more pins. Freaking rediculous.

#8109 2 years ago
Quoted from 2manyhobbies:

Wow this guy has pretty high hopes to get 20k. Me I would take my remake for a little over 7k and buy one or two more pins. Freaking rediculous.

He's kind of trolling, kind of not.

#8110 2 years ago
Quoted from gjm7777:

Dimples are normal

NO gjm777, NO! RUN! PROTECT YOURSELF! You may as well have said puppies are ugly. The "dimples are a defect" people with clubs and chains are approaching you. You better take it back now.

#8111 2 years ago

Not a single one of my Williams machines has ANYTHING dimpled like my MBrLE... and yeah, they have factory mylar, but even in areas without it, no dimples. My Stern Family Guy, some dimples, but no where near the MB. My South Park, no freaking dimples... the wood they use these days is not as hard as it used to be, hands down, no way as hard. No one can convince me otherwise. Do B/W dimple? Yes, they did, but comparatively, no where near as bad as my MBrLE. Do I care? Not about the wear, but the machine value as it gets worse is definitely going down, and that sucks. But my pins are all bolted to the floor, so it doesn't concern me, now that I have a new playfield to someday swap out.

#8112 2 years ago

What color flipper bats and rubbers are you guys liking?
My white bats stand out .....

#8113 2 years ago

I've stuck with the white flippers with black rubbers, its supposed to match the "keyboard" motif on the apron with the white and black organ keys.

#8114 2 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

What color flipper bats and rubbers are you guys liking?
My white bats stand out .....

Blood Red Flippers w/ Black Bands Look Amazing. Yes?

5787005B-B242-4843-A77E-15A7346F8B83 (resized).jpeg5787005B-B242-4843-A77E-15A7346F8B83 (resized).jpeg5C498061-8421-4811-8BA9-974C0198B5B7 (resized).jpeg5C498061-8421-4811-8BA9-974C0198B5B7 (resized).jpegECBD393F-C259-40C5-866E-6F5446175876 (resized).jpegECBD393F-C259-40C5-866E-6F5446175876 (resized).jpeg
#8115 2 years ago

I actually like that.

#8116 2 years ago

Thanks. I’ve also swapped out the yellow flipper buttons w/red flipper buttons and on order is a red lensed start button to replace the yellow start button, too. The red really pops!

434E11A7-46FA-4269-9CD1-6C8091972784 (resized).jpeg434E11A7-46FA-4269-9CD1-6C8091972784 (resized).jpeg
#8117 2 years ago
Quoted from SuperMica:

Blood Red Flippers w/ Black Bands Look Amazing. Yes?
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Wow , that really pulls all the red out and gives it a cool look . Never would have thought of that.

#8118 2 years ago

I think the red looks really good.

I've currently got purple on my game.

MB (resized).jpgMB (resized).jpg

#8119 2 years ago

Feel like I am missing something simple here, but does anyone have hints on how to remove the bride figure? I've been wanting to paint this. I'm not a fan of the design on it, don't think I will ever get the head back on properly.

#8120 2 years ago
Quoted from MMP:

Feel like I am missing something simple here, but does anyone have hints on how to remove the bride figure? I've been wanting to paint this. I'm not a fan of the design on it, don't think I will ever get the head back on properly.

Start Under the playfield - the bride’s head is on a curved rod that locks into the coil directly underneath the playfield. You loosen the retaining screw and pull the head/rod straight up. It can be a huge pain to line up again, so be patient!

#8121 2 years ago

Not sure if I am even in the right place to ask my question but here goes…..
I was “Blessed” to locate and purchase a NIB Monster Bash SE. I just purchased this a couple days ago (7/16/21)and it is currently in transit to my home. Oh man I’m Excited
According to Pinside, this machine is “ still in production”. I’m sure this is incorrect and was wondering if somebody on this site could confirm production status and may know when the Last One was produced.

#8122 2 years ago

How much does the shaker motor add to the game? I'm trading for a SE this weekend. I'm pretty pumped!

#8123 2 years ago
Quoted from bossk4hire:

How much does the shaker motor add to the game? I'm trading for a SE this weekend. I'm pretty pumped!

I think the shaker is well-used in this game, e.g. when bashing Frank or when Mummy's coffin opens. I highly recommend it.

#8124 2 years ago
Quoted from Queball:

Not sure if I am even in the right place to ask my question but here goes…..
I was “Blessed” to locate and purchase a NIB Monster Bash SE. I just purchased this a couple days ago (7/16/21)and it is currently in transit to my home. Oh man I’m Excited
According to Pinside, this machine is “ still in production”. I’m sure this is incorrect and was wondering if somebody on this site could confirm production status and may know when the Last One was produced.

I don’t think any are being made. Sure there are some in boxes still in few places but CGC is on to the next one (CC)…until they announce a rerun or special release. (Like Royal on MM)

#8125 2 years ago

Shaker , for sure, almost a given on any modern game

#8126 2 years ago

+1

I love the shaker integration on my MBr.

#8127 2 years ago

posted my MBrLE in the market place.
Every mod, under 1000 plays one owner.
Game is perfect.
10,000 firm and will donate to pinside if it sells here first.
No trades, limited shipping within 100 miles of 22727 or shipping where buyer makes all arrangements.

#8128 2 years ago

Absolutely loving the SE new to our house! Waiting on the shaker motor. Thank you all for the suggestion.

20210726_172942 (resized).jpg20210726_172942 (resized).jpg20210726_193043 (resized).jpg20210726_193043 (resized).jpg
#8129 2 years ago
Quoted from 2manyhobbies:

Frankenstein Multiball hits not registering. I don't know about you guys but I have tried adjusting that Frankenstein switch so many times to be more sensitive with no luck. The switch actuator is always too far away from the metal back of Frankenstein. So I just added this 3/8-in thick gasket material that I had from Home Depot, self stick stuff for windows and screens, and now every hit registers so I no longer feel like I am getting robbed. Not sure if there was another way but it works
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Im having the same issue... Frankenstein isn't registering all the hits when he's up.... anyone have some ideas? Thanks

#8130 2 years ago
Quoted from bossk4hire:

Frankenstein isn't registering all the hits when he's up.... anyone have some ideas?

Adjust the switch behind him. Make adjustments past the body of the switch so you don't effect the tiny knob the blade pushes into the switch body.

Be sure the bracket holding Frank hasn't slipped out of the slot holding him.

DSC00209 (resized).JPGDSC00209 (resized).JPGfranktablefix (resized).jpgfranktablefix (resized).jpg
#8131 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Adjust the switch behind him. Make adjustments past the body of the switch so you don't effect the tiny knob the blade pushes into the switch body.
Be sure the bracket holding Frank hasn't slipped out of the slot holding him.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Thank you! I'll check it out this evening.

#8132 2 years ago
Quoted from bossk4hire:

Thank you! I'll check it out this evening.

Yup that’s the fix. Happened to me and kept reverting so may need to bend it a bit so stays in place more permanently.

#8134 2 years ago

Anyone know of any lollipop rails that would work?
I'd love to protect the cabinet around the flipper buttons.
Thanks!

Screenshot_20210801-200532_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210801-200532_Chrome (resized).jpg
#8135 2 years ago
Quoted from bossk4hire:

Anyone know of any lollipop rails that would work?

No.

Robert

#8137 2 years ago

Yea, I just cut some clear sticky vinyl pieces around the flippers. Works great.

#8138 2 years ago

...and then this happened during Frankenstein MultiBall.

IMG_4271 (resized).jpegIMG_4271 (resized).jpegIMG_4272 (resized).jpegIMG_4272 (resized).jpeg
#8139 2 years ago

that's pinball, baby!

#8140 2 years ago
Quoted from SuperMica:

and then this happened during Frankenstein MultiBall.

You need to post this in the strangest place you have got a ball stuck thread

#8141 2 years ago

I was checking the prop strength in the CGC menu because I'm still getting stdm returns from the scoop about 1 out of 10 times. I added some felt with adhesive backing to the scoop's right side, which seems to help.

BUT ... somehow I reset all of my high scores! This is the second time it's happened, I have no idea what I did. Is there some sort of button combination or something?

#8142 2 years ago
Quoted from cloggedDrain:

BUT ... somehow I reset all of my high scores! This is the second time it's happened, I have no idea what I did. Is there some sort of button combination or something?

I don't know if this is the same issue that I ran into, but my scores reset after 2000 games played. This can be changed in the menu system. I'm not sure what else would cause that to happen short of manually resetting them. Maybe a battery issue?

#8143 2 years ago

Weird, I’m around 1700 games. Seems like only high scores were erased. I’m starting to suspect the battery. I did turn the game off and on a few times when I was cleaning and adjusting the scoop, maybe it’s related

#8144 2 years ago

Just joined the club and love my MBrSE. However after only a week or so of having it the drop targets that light Frank’s body parts aren’t coming up anymore. And frank is up on his table. It’s basically just a ramp that feeds the right flipper and I have jo way of collecting his body parts.

This is only me second machine (first is NIB AIQ premium) so I’m unfamiliar with pinball troubleshooting and whatnot. Would love any guidance how to test and fix this issue.

#8145 2 years ago
Quoted from pluto:

Just joined the club and love my MBrSE. However after only a week or so of having it the drop targets that light Frank’s body parts aren’t coming up anymore. And frank is up on his table. It’s basically just a ramp that feeds the right flipper and I have jo way of collecting his body parts.
This is only me second machine (first is NIB AIQ premium) so I’m unfamiliar with pinball troubleshooting and whatnot. Would love any guidance how to test and fix this issue.

Go into test mode and see if you can get it down raise and lower on its own, not in the game

#8146 2 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Go into test mode and see if you can get it down raise and lower on its own, not in the game

Please go into Tests - T.18 Frank - run in up and down. See what he's doing. If he or the targets don't move.Targets are T.17 up/down Bank. If they aren't moving. Check to be sure the motors are still plugged in. On the targets, there is a cam behind them the motor turns in an oblong groove, check if it came out. If the targets get bent forward that can happen.

#8147 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Please go into Tests - T.18 Frank - run in up and down. See what he's doing. If he or the targets don't move.Targets are T.17 up/down Bank. If they aren't moving. Check to be sure the motors are still plugged in. On the targets, there is a cam behind them the motor turns in an oblong groove, check if it came out. If the targets get bent forward that can happen.

This worked, thank you both for your help!

Can't wait to earn my first MoR!

#8148 2 years ago

Rejoining the club with an SE with awesome blue powder coat soon. Worked out a trade for a game I really like, but couldn’t pass on a minty MBr SE! Plus, I was fortunate to add a MMr and an AFMr this summer, so I’m finally going to have all 3 of these amazing pins at the same time! Plus, I heard a rumor from a little bird that Silly Old Elf may have another run of his fantastic MB art blades available soon! If you haven’t seen them, check them out. I had them on my SE in 2019 and I love the art. Muck? Seaweed? Algae? Pond Scum!!!

#8149 2 years ago

Please post a pic with your blue powder coat when you get the game. I was considering doing my legs up in some medium/lighter blue.

Agreed, the silly old elf inner cab art is awesome.

#8150 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

Rejoining the club with an SE with awesome blue powder coat soon. Worked out a trade for a game I really like, but couldn’t pass on a minty MBr SE! Plus, I was fortunate to add a MMr and an AFMr this summer, so I’m finally going to have all 3 of these amazing pins at the same time! Plus, I heard a rumor from a little bird that Silly Old Elf may have another run of his fantastic MB art blades available soon! If you haven’t seen them, check them out. I had them on my SE in 2019 and I love the art. Muck? Seaweed? Algae? Pond Scum!!!

Have you checked out the art blades from Brian Allen?

https://www.flylanddesigns.com/product/monster-bash-art-blades-for-pinball-machines/

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 33.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lafayette, LA
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Machine - For Sale
Tulsa, OK
12,125 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
St. Paul, MN
$ 12.95
Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

There are 9,330 posts in this topic. You are on page 163 of 187.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monster-bash-remake-mbr-owners-club/page/163?hl=2manyhobbies and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.