(Topic ID: 222461)

Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)

By MrSanRamon

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,027 posts
  • 621 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 days ago by Bublehead
  • Topic is favorited by 250 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)”

• I'm in on a CE 63 votes
    8%
  • I'm in on a SE 148 votes
    20%
  • I'm in on a LE 371 votes
    49%
  • I'm out for now 174 votes
    23%

(756 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

BP MOON (resized).jpg
IMG_20210403_132703245 (resized).jpg
IMG_20210403_132614862 (resized).jpg
IMG_20210403_132652858 (resized).jpg
IMG_20210403_132626959 (resized).jpg
60BABAD8-25ED-4A66-99AE-E006D9585D25 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1955 (resized).JPG
IMG_1982 (resized).JPG
e2e7b420f26a9b8ea386975f62092f90684458f7 (resized).jpg
rps20210327_162820 (resized).jpg
DSC00493 (resized).JPG
IMG_20210327_142418506 (resized).jpg
20210325_203518 (resized).jpg
20210314_165920 (resized).jpg
20210314_165933 (resized).jpg
20210314_165943 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 8027 posts in this topic. You are on page 161 of 161.
#8001 40 days ago

I finally bit the bullet and installed some Pinstadiums. As someone that likes bright colors, this is it! The playfield colors pop out, the back left corner is finally visible and the strobe lighting is almost -too- bright. They aren't cheap, but I think they're well worth it! If anyone has any setting suggestions I'm all ears. These pics are at max brightness, neutral color, warm at 100%.

IMG_20210403_132614862 (resized).jpgIMG_20210403_132626959 (resized).jpgIMG_20210403_132652858 (resized).jpgIMG_20210403_132703245 (resized).jpg
#8002 40 days ago

Also, can someone confirm that a Classic does NOT have a harness going to the "BP MOON" socket? The directions for the Pinstadium lighting recommending tying into the non-existent harness there. I assume the "missing" harness is for the LED Drac lighting on the SE or LE versions.

Update: Scott from Pinstadium just confirmed this is indeed normal.

BP MOON (resized).jpg

#8003 40 days ago

Get rid of those black rubbers! You'll be amazed how spotless clean the inside of a pin stays when you switch over to white or better yet, silicone rubbers!

#8004 39 days ago

what have others done to light up the left ramp shot, left of Frankie , just under the scientist ?

1 week later
#8006 27 days ago

Anyone know offhand where to get replacement bulbs for BM remake? 2 of my GI bulbs are out. I dont see on Titan...

#8007 21 days ago

Can someone confirm for me that the rails on the top side of the playfiled are wood like the original (they look that way in to me)? Also if you have a manual, is there a part number listed for them (both sides). My originals are cracked and I would like to replace them rather than make them if I can locate them.

Thanks
Rob

#8008 21 days ago
Quoted from moat-pin:

Anyone know offhand where to get replacement bulbs for BM remake? 2 of my GI bulbs are out. I dont see on Titan...

Marco or pinball life?

#8009 21 days ago
Quoted from moat-pin:

Anyone know offhand where to get replacement bulbs for BM remake?

Planetary Pinball Supply. If not on the website contact Sara.

LTG : )

#8010 16 days ago

2 stern Pro for my MBr LE...Which two are worthy

#8011 15 days ago
Quoted from LTG:

Planetary Pinball Supply. If not on the website contact Sara.

Thank you and Zaki! So got new ones and replaced and realized all lower left GI lights are out so was not the bulbs. The lights under left sling and the creature green plastics are all out. Any ideas? I’m novice for these types of things if not painfully obvious. Thanks

#8012 15 days ago

Follow the wires from the lights that are out to the board they go to. Anything unplugged ?

#8013 15 days ago
Quoted from nerdygrrl:

So it's hard to get a good pic, but the main area under Frank and down to the center looks like the surface of the moon. I bought this second hand and in the daylight could not see the dimples. I didn't think to run my hand over the PF beause it was basically new. That is on me.
Those blurs are dimples. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

NG - I'm not sure how many plays I have on my MBRLE, maybe 100 or so, but I haven't seen anything remotely like what you are showing. Your PF almost looks like the top layer is balsa! They clearly had a defective piece of plywood on your playfield. Good luck with this.
-gb

#8014 15 days ago
Quoted from Gorgar666:

2 stern Pro for my MBr LE...Which two are worthy

For my $$ currently I'd pick Stranger Things and Iron Maiden. Best two pros I've played.

You don't really *need* the physical ball lock on either, and the projector isn't really worth an extra $2k on STH. I prefer the Premium artwork on Iron Maiden, but other than that the game is amazing on a Pro.

#8015 15 days ago
Quoted from gb:

Your PF almost looks like the top layer is balsa!

Go back a few pages and look at mine... that's about 1500 games worth of dimples... It looks like pinball fairies took tiny ballpeen hammers to it.

#8016 14 days ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Go back a few pages and look at mine... that's about 1500 games worth of dimples... It looks like pinball fairies took tiny ballpeen hammers to it.

I did - scary! So sorry to see that. I would say your top layer of plywood is defective as well, perhaps more so. I wonder if the plywood is purpose made for pinballs (with say a top layer of hard rock maple), or it is pine (in which case, no surprise at all about the softness).

#8017 14 days ago
Quoted from gb:

I did - scary! So sorry to see that. I would say your top layer of plywood is defective as well, perhaps more so. I wonder if the plywood is purpose made for pinballs (with say a top layer of hard rock maple), or it is pine (in which case, no surprise at all about the softness).

I am going to go look at a sister machine that was delivered the same day as mine and went into a barcade here in Tempe. It should have more plays and the same amount (or more) dimples than mine if both playfields were made with the same grade of wood. If it has less, then I will raise an issue with CGC. There is no way a HUO (documented) MBrLE should look worse than one placed on site for public play, that just goes against all logic otherwise. And its a shame too, because other than dimpling like a mofo, my playfield was flawless, the silk screening was perfect, registration, details and color all are dead nuts on.

#8018 14 days ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

I am going to go look at a sister machine that was delivered the same day as mine and went into a barcade here in Tempe. It should have more plays and the same amount (or more) dimples than mine if both playfields were made with the same grade of wood. If it has less, then I will raise an issue with CGC. There is no way a HUO (documented) MBrLE should look worse than one placed on site for public play, that just goes against all logic otherwise. And its a shame too, because other than dimpling like a mofo, my playfield was flawless, the silk screening was perfect, registration, details and color all are dead nuts on.

How does your PF play? Do you feel like the dimples deflect the ball? Do you get random skips? Those pictures you have are like the darkside of the moon man--drag that's happening to you.

#8019 14 days ago
Quoted from happyclan:

How does your PF play? Do you feel like the dimples deflect the ball? Do you get random skips? Those pictures you have are like the darkside of the moon man--drag that's happening to you.

Mine looks the same, but doesn't affect game-play. I don't even notice it unless I'm specifically looking for it in the right light.

#8020 13 days ago
Quoted from Jigfrog:

Mine looks the same, but doesn't affect game-play. I don't even notice it unless I'm specifically looking for it in the right light.

Agreed, so far the dimples don't affect trajectories yet, and probably won't in the long run, as Lloyd said, in the end it gets flatter with use, right LTG ?

#8021 13 days ago
Quoted from gb:

I haven't seen anything remotely like what you are showing. Your PF almost looks like the top layer is balsa! They clearly had a defective piece of plywood on your playfield.

Mine must be hard as hell..so happy! one of the very 1st , Feb 2019 del..going strong and didn't have to use vice grips either. (joke)..maybe lucky. I'll keep it.

#8022 13 days ago
Quoted from ShinyBall:

Mine must be hard as hell..so happy! one of the very 1st , Feb 2019 del..going strong and didn't have to use vice grips either. (joke)..maybe lucky. I'll keep it.

Mine was early run as well and sat in the box for almost 2 years before I bought it. Playfield looks amazing.

#8023 13 days ago

Joined the club today with an LE. Fun game. Great flow. Music is a little annoying (except the Bash), but that’s just personal taste!

I had the scoop send the ball SDTM a few times, common?

#8024 13 days ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

Joined the club today with an LE. Fun game. Great flow. Music is a little annoying (except the Bash), but that’s just personal taste!

you are building a insane collection quickly man. I have not had this issue, but you might can adjust the power to the scoop coil. Go into settings and I am pretty sure you bump up the power to it and it should fix your problem.

#8025 13 days ago

I think some people said you may need to adjust where the coil is hitting the ball if it is doing that...and some others had to put some foam on the inside top of the scoop.

#8026 13 days ago

Happens once in awhile on mine

#8027 12 days ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

There is a software fix in the latest software version that helps with this syndrome, but if you search SDTM and scoop in this forum you will see MANY home remedies from foam in the throat of the scoop, to installing a wavy washer on the coil to snug it up, to loosening the scoop mounting screws and twisting the entire assembly, to my personal favorite, clamp a vise grip on it and give it a tweek to the left, which was what ended up fixing mine permanently, without the software upgrade, even though I tried almost all the others first. YMMV, good luck.

There are 8027 posts in this topic. You are on page 161 of 161.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside