(Topic ID: 222461)

Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)

By MrSanRamon

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 9,330 posts
  • 732 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 25 hours ago by Dashmonster
  • Topic is favorited by 277 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)”

• I'm in on a CE 77 votes
    9%
  • I'm in on a SE 172 votes
    21%
  • I'm in on a LE 396 votes
    48%
  • I'm out for now 182 votes
    22%

(827 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

wire switch 2 (resized).jpg
R orbit switch (resized).jpg
IMG_4951 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4943 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0464 (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
IMG_3190 (resized).jpeg
Wolfman (resized).jpg
IMG_2467 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4014 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231111_165525077 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20231112-165133 (resized).png
20231110_123120 (resized).jpg
20231105_122730 (resized).jpg
94B393B7-CB09-4AFB-A166-CF0EC7F7F9A0 (resized).jpeg
3D150F78-A1C1-4B31-A9FA-00031163D7C1 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 9,330 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 187.
#751 5 years ago

I disagree about the expectations. A car you can take to the shop. TV's are cheap and made to be thrown away these days. Most anything with a significant cost behind it (that isn't secondhand) has an inherent expectation that it isn't going to go bust as soon as the warranty is over. Pinball machines are expensive and heavy and not easy to 'get someone to fix'.

I don't understand this prevalent mentality on this board that consumers should not have some sort of expectation that things that cost 5k+ new from the 'store' doesn't have some sort of QA requirement. Very anti-consumer IMO. I'm not one to nit pick little things here and there, but wow.

#752 5 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Upvote for buttcrack (that's a girl, right??)

Sorry it was a dude.

#753 5 years ago
Quoted from Pizza-Bob:

I’m in on an LE ! My first NIB game , is a fresh coat of wax a good ideal from day one ? Thanks

And importantly clean all the balls with a non oil base solvent like lacquer thinner to get rid of any greases or oils that are on them. Alcohol does not dissolve grease. Mineral spirits does but it leaves a residue of its own.

#754 5 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Holy heels man, that’s a lot of shoes! [quoted image]

LOL we just moved so there is shit everywhere. Trust me that's only a small fraction. She has a problem.

#755 5 years ago
Quoted from Bronty:

LOL we just moved so there is shit everywhere. Trust me that's only a small fraction. She has a problem.

Dont they all.... as do we with our machines lol

#756 5 years ago

I’m sure most have seen it already but I am selling my MBr SE for $6,900 with Side Blades and clear Titans. If it doesn’t sell in next 24 hrs I am using as a trade for a new game.

Just figured I would throw it out there. PM me if interested. Local sale only.

#757 5 years ago
Quoted from PBMAN:

I’m sure most have seen it already but I am selling my MBr SE for $6,900 with Side Blades and clear Titans. If it doesn’t sell in next 24 hrs I am using as a trade for a new game.

I'm new around here. You tired of the game already? Or did you get too excited and overbooked?

#758 5 years ago
Quoted from PBMAN:

The game just didn't resonate with you? You couldn't have had it for more than a week at best.

#759 5 years ago
Quoted from PBMAN:

You might wanna rethink this. Older MBs have been going for 10k. Your game could be worth a LOT more if you hang onto it for a little bit.

#760 5 years ago

I sent you a PM that I would take it and pick up this Sunday, Tom

#761 5 years ago

Tom. Sent PM back. You were first to say yes.

To others I love game. Just got an opportunity to get a JJP POTC LE at a really good price. My budget only allows for two games. Call me crazy but I love my DP and it is staying for now

As for value. I can’t imagine buying an older MB when you get a beautiful new one with warranty. Because these games will be available for years NIB I don’t think value will rise except for the LE’s once they are all gone.

#762 5 years ago
Quoted from Doug_Duba:

We are waiting for two parts before we can start building LEs. Both parts are due in the last week of November.
We are scheduled to start building LEs for customers participating in the serial number matching program December 3rd. We are trying to ship all games in the serial number matching program before Christmas.
After Christmas we will begin building the balance of LEs at an initial rate of 75 per week. We are in the process of hiring and training a small number of people each week with the goal of increasing our production rate to 100 per week.
I hope everyone has great weekend!

@Doug_Duba...just curious (as a future LE owner), still on track to start building LEs next week?

Thanks!

#763 5 years ago

Mine arrived today - it is set up and just warming up a bit before we turn it on.

#764 5 years ago
Quoted from mrfp:

Mine arrived today - it is set up and just warming up a bit before we turn it on.

The Devil is in the details... CE, SE, LE? Be specific man, lives are on the line!

#765 5 years ago
Quoted from mrfp:

Yeah man Details!! lol im patiently waiting on my CE.

#766 5 years ago

I have an LE on order, but never played this Pin. Is Creature from the Black Lagoon an actual toy...or a hologram inside the playfield? Looks to me like an actual toy...but if so...how did they get it inside the playfield? Dumb question...but I'm just curious.

#767 5 years ago
Quoted from ChiroCop:

I have an LE on order, but never played this Pin. Is Creature from the Black Lagoon an actual toy...or a hologram inside the playfield? Looks to me like an actual toy...but if so...how did they get it inside the playfield? Dumb question...but I'm just curious.

Just a plastic figure under playfield window with flashers behind it.....

#768 5 years ago
Quoted from jbug:

Here it be: ebay.com link » Monster Bash Pinball Cushioned Target Protectors Choose Pic 1 Or 2 $21.99
The flipper bats decals by this seller is nice also: ebay.com link » New Monster Bash Pinball Flipper Armour Mod $13.99
And here is the other target stickers that I saw: ebay.com link » Monster Bash Pinball Machine Target Decal Set $32.99

Don't order the the 1st set listed on this post.....

VERY poorly made.

#769 5 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

Don't order the the 1st set listed on this post.....
VERY poorly made.

damn...i jumped the gun and ordered these - thinking these would be nice with the extra cushion. why
do they "suck"? (i havent received them yet)

#770 5 years ago
Quoted from fanuminski:

damn...i jumped the gun and ordered these - thinking these would be nice with the extra cushion. why

I ordered them as well. Waiting for them to be delivered. Sounds like a bad purchase on my part

#771 5 years ago
Quoted from fanuminski:

They are very poorly made. Cheap artwork applied to poorly cut 3M double sided tape(the gray tape that you would use on automotive trim).

I design/machine pinball mods on the side. I would be ashamed to try to sell something like this to the public.

I filed for a refund via epay.

#772 5 years ago
Quoted from fanuminski:

Quoted from ChiroCop:

I ordered them as well. Waiting for them to be delivered. Sounds like a bad purchase on my part

Please post your opinion, once you've received your orders.

#773 5 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

They are very poorly made. Cheap artwork applied to poorly cut 3M double sided tape(the gray tape that you would use on automotive trim).
I design/machine pinball mods on the side. I would be ashamed to try to sell something like this to the public.
I filed for a refund via epay.

I second this....I ordered these for my TZ and they sucked

#774 5 years ago

Pretty nice topper "option" for non-LE buyers. Looks to be around $299.00 online.

s-l400-1 (resized).jpgs-l400-1 (resized).jpg
#775 5 years ago
Quoted from ChiroCop:

Pretty nice topper "option" for non-LE buyers. Looks to be around $299.00 online.
[quoted image]

Theres also a drac one

#776 5 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I second this....I ordered these for my TZ and they sucked

The ebay seller is also being an @sshole when it comes to getting a refund. He wants me to take a picture to show him what is wrong with the decals.

#777 5 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

The ebay seller is also being an @sshole when it comes to getting a refund. He wants me to take a picture to show him what is wrong with the decals.

Just open a case with EBAY requesting a return and refund. They will process it immediately under their satisfaction guarantees. That's a problem for sellers on EBAY but it makes life easy for buyers and that's what EBAY wants and needs; happy customers.

#778 5 years ago

I guess I’ll sound off here, I was holding back figuring everyone else would be chiming in? I got asked asked two days ago to send in the remaining balance on my LE. I bought it through Joe at PinballStar, whom I recommend! Anyway, it sounds like machines will go out maybe third week of December. It also sounds like, they are building machines numerically. Just my opinion, not to be taken as fact. I expect mine before Christmas!

#779 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

The Devil is in the details... CE, SE, LE? Be specific man, lives are on the line!

SE, played perfectly right out of the box. The lighting and sound are awesome! The DMD looks fantastic. The only changes I made to the default settings was to put on a ball save (default was none) and I also set the strength of the auto plunger and flippers to MIN. Every once in a while, the ball comes out in the middle of the right bride ramp which is the only issue I've seen so far. I ordered it thru PinStar Amusements.

#780 5 years ago
Quoted from arcadem:

Just open a case with EBAY requesting a return and refund. They will process it immediately under their satisfaction guarantees. That's a problem for sellers on EBAY but it makes life easy for buyers and that's what EBAY wants and needs; happy customers.

I posted those links going by looks. I will ask for a refund also if I don't like the quality. I got flipper bats decals from the seller for my POTC and they were of very nice quality and I am very pleased with them. It's good to hear from those that have tried the target decals chime in with exactly what is wrong with them instead of just saying "they suck."

#781 5 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

I didn't bother contacting the guy...the product was crap....I used a few of the good ones, and threw the balance in the trash. I chalked it up to a learning experience....never again order from the guy

#782 5 years ago
Quoted from BillyPilgrim:

I guess I’ll sound off here, I was holding back figuring everyone else would be chiming in? I got asked asked two days ago to send in the remaining balance on my LE. I bought it through Joe at PinballStar, whom I recommend! Anyway, it sounds like machines will go out maybe third week of December. It also sounds like, they are building machines numerically. Just my opinion, not to be taken as fact. I expect mine before Christmas!

Were you a matching number buyer?

#783 5 years ago
Quoted from Jodester:

Were you a matching number buyer?

Yes, a low number.

#784 5 years ago
Quoted from BillyPilgrim:

Yes, a low number.

great that you might be getting by Xmas....my matching number is in the 500's so I always figured I'd get it sometime in January or February. CGC makes great games, but they rarely deliver on time....who knows maybe I'll be surprised this time?

#785 5 years ago
20181201_105838_resized (resized).jpg20181201_105838_resized (resized).jpg20181201_110533_resized (resized).jpg20181201_110533_resized (resized).jpg
#786 5 years ago

Just 2 pictures....come on it's Saturday and we need something to view before football

#787 5 years ago

I’ve sent in my LE balance about a week ago and am waiting to hear about it being shipped.

Robert

#788 5 years ago

Just came off the truck. I have to wait for my friend to help me get it down the stairs! I will send more pics later.

#789 5 years ago

Does anybody have information on if and when the color upgrade may be available for the CE version? I couldn't come up with anything via Google.

BTW, about 50 or so games in on our CE and it plays like a dream! Only thing I may do is narrow the outlanes. They seem like gaping caverns some games. LOL.

#790 5 years ago
Quoted from JeffF:

Does anybody have information on if and when the color upgrade may be available for the CE version? I couldn't come up with anything via Google.
BTW, about 50 or so games in on our CE and it plays like a dream! Only thing I may do is narrow the outlanes. They seem like gaping caverns some games. LOL.

how's the phantom flip feature working for everyone? smooth ? accurate?

#791 5 years ago
Quoted from JeffF:

It definitely will be available. Try calling the Gameroom Guys. They have the MM and AFM version for $399 and free shipping.

#792 5 years ago

I have game matching #11 and have not been requested to pay yet. My distributor is GEX. Also no updates on when it ships.

Also concerned I will have no room for it if is arrives early so I put my Addams Family for sale. Check out the market place if interested.

#793 5 years ago
Quoted from marspinball:

I have game matching #11 and have not been requested to pay yet. My distributor is GEX. Also no updates on when it ships.
Also concerned I will have no room for it if is arrives early so I put my Addams Family for sale. Check out the market place if interested.

Interesting, I have #34 and have been asked for payment, no ship info yet.

Robert

#794 5 years ago
Quoted from arcadem:

I filed for a return via epay. I have until Dec 6th. If I don't get my refund by then, I'll escalate it to a case w/ epay.

#795 5 years ago
Quoted from Doug_Duba:

We are scheduled to start building LEs for customers participating in the serial number matching program December 3rd. We are trying to ship all games in the serial number matching program before Christmas.

They should start building my #34 in 2 weeks!

Yea!

Robert

#796 5 years ago

I paid in full for my CE three weeks ago with an email from Pinball Star saying shipping soon. Still no word.

#797 5 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

I paid in full for my CE three weeks ago with an email from Pinball Star saying shipping soon. Still no word.

Yeah, I'm a little worried about my LE purchase. I contacted one of the vendors here on pinside.
I bought through paypal. And I did a paypal credit so its paid in full in regards to the vendor... Just hope I get my machine... Which I think I will.
But, my main concern is being in the loop about delivery. And I also told the vendor that it better be shipped directly to me, and not to him and then to me.
I'm only 45 minutes away from the factory.
And he's like 4-5 states away. So it makes no sense. Still getting charged way too much for shipping.
And I really do need more than a few days warning on when its being shipped and when it will arrive. I work, and so I need to schedule such matters with my boss. Who is flexible, but I still need to plan ahead.

Also... I really hope Chicago Gaming increases their vendors. I reached out to a local vendor, left a message. They never got back to me.
I don't care if you don't have any more LE's for sale.
Return my call. Because, I might buy something else from you in the future. But, if this is how you run things. Then no.

Still, this is going to be an awesome game. Can't wait to get mine.

#798 5 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

I don't care if you don't have any more LE's for sale.
Return my call. Because, I might buy something else from you in the future. But, if this is how you run things. Then no.

I don’t understand that mind set, if you have a history of buying games you should be treated like a valued customer and get a return call at the very least.. What drives me crazy the most is when inquing about these games being made to feel like their doing you favor or something buying their $8000 “limited” product! Turns me off completely and out of spite I go elsewhere.

#799 5 years ago
Quoted from ChiroCop:

[quoted image]

Stop putting halloween decorations on your $8000 pinball. looks awful.

#800 5 years ago
Quoted from DJNOEL30:

I don’t understand that mind set, if you have a history of buying games you should be treated like a valued customer and get a return call at the very least.. What drives me crazy the most is when inquing about these games being made to feel like their doing you favor or something buying their $8000 “limited” product! Turns me off completely and out of spite I go elsewhere.

First, I made multiple calls. On multiple days. Left one message and waited to be called back. I never got the call.
THIS IS WHEN THE LE's WERE SELLING OUT.
I'm not going to wait and sit for a phone call.
And I'm sorry. I run my own business, worked for my Father's law firm.
If you can't return a phone call or an inquiry you don't DESERVE Business.

I didn't want to lose out on the LE, so I had to buy from the ones I saw. I don't have many connections in the pinball world yet.
But, I will tell you this. I think I'm going to keep my vendors who sold me my Iron Maiden, even if they are a bit further away than I 'd like.
They're good honest people. Just wish they also sold for Chicago Gaming is all.

But, the whole concept that its okay for a business not to return calls is a joke.
And you're a bit silly that a person couldn't have taken 20-30 seconds returned my call and told me unfortunate he didn't have any more and sold out of his allotment. That's part of the responsibility of being a vendor.

If you can't do that, then you shouldn't be in any kind of business...
That is not asking too much. That is bare minimum.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 33.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lafayette, LA
Machine - For Sale
Tulsa, OK
$ 12.95
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

There are 9,330 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 187.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monster-bash-remake-mbr-owners-club/page/16 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.