(Topic ID: 222461)

Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)

By MrSanRamon

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 9,330 posts
  • 732 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 29 hours ago by Dashmonster
  • Topic is favorited by 277 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)”

• I'm in on a CE 77 votes
    9%
  • I'm in on a SE 172 votes
    21%
  • I'm in on a LE 396 votes
    48%
  • I'm out for now 182 votes
    22%

(827 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

wire switch 2 (resized).jpg
R orbit switch (resized).jpg
IMG_4951 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4943 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0464 (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
IMG_3190 (resized).jpeg
Wolfman (resized).jpg
IMG_2467 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4014 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231111_165525077 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20231112-165133 (resized).png
20231110_123120 (resized).jpg
20231105_122730 (resized).jpg
94B393B7-CB09-4AFB-A166-CF0EC7F7F9A0 (resized).jpeg
3D150F78-A1C1-4B31-A9FA-00031163D7C1 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 9,330 posts in this topic. You are on page 154 of 187.
#7651 3 years ago

A similar problem has been addressed multiple times here but I'm looking for specific information. When standing, how far does your frank move before the switch triggers, and how hard do you have to hit him? My frank torso has to move almost two inches to trigger, and seeing as the ball is hitting his FEET it seems like the ball has to slam into him hard to get his top half to move that much. See pics for "neutral" and "triggered" positions.

Also, why does Phantom Flip hate me so much? It started getting worse after game eighty or so and now hits "bride" or nothing.

IMG_20201211_140113152.jpgIMG_20201211_140113152.jpgIMG_20201211_140118459.jpgIMG_20201211_140118459.jpg
#7652 3 years ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

A similar problem has been addressed multiple times here but I'm looking for specific information. When standing, how far does your frank move before the switch triggers, and how hard do you have to hit him? My frank torso has to move almost two inches to trigger, and seeing as the ball is hitting his FEET it seems like the ball has to slam into him hard to get his top half to move that much. See pics for "neutral" and "triggered" positions.
Also, why does Phantom Flip hate me so much? It started getting worse after game eighty or so and now hits "bride" or nothing.[quoted image][quoted image]

I kept having Phantom Flip lit but not activating the flipper when the ball rolled down the lower lane. When the ball drained, it saved the ball, but it also was a momentum killer. So, I just turned off Phantom Flip and have not missed it.

#7653 3 years ago
Quoted from DazedandConfused:

I kept having Phantom Flip lit but not activating the flipper when the ball rolled down the lower lane. When the ball drained, it saved the ball, but it also was a momentum killer. So, I just turned off Phantom Flip and have not missed it.

Is phantom flip triggered by switch and follow up opto + timing? Or just the switch + timing? If opto, sounds like opto issue since it clearly knows it was triggered by the switch (due to the save).

#7654 3 years ago

Question might already been aswered but cant find it. How do you reset the calibration off the phantom flip ? I don't want to reset all the pinball to factory settings ? Is there a way ? thx a lot !

#7655 3 years ago
Quoted from sebwca:

Question might already been aswered but cant find it. How do you reset the calibration off the phantom flip ? I don't want to reset all the pinball to factory settings ? Is there a way ? thx a lot !

Nope, you will completely reset it if you "reset" it. It loses all of the information it has learned.

PF gets better the more you play it since it "learns" how to make the shots.

#7656 3 years ago
Quoted from sebwca:

In the utilities menu there is an option to reset the Phantom Flip data, I believe it is item U12.

#7657 3 years ago

Thx a lot I will look !

#7658 3 years ago

Well, Christmas came and we have one happy 8 year old (and perhaps a happier Dad). Anything we should know to do to MBr to keep it in shape? You can see a picture is worth a thousand words!

Photo Dec 22, 9 14 41 AM (1) (resized).jpgPhoto Dec 22, 9 14 41 AM (1) (resized).jpgPhoto Dec 25, 6 19 50 AM (resized).jpgPhoto Dec 25, 6 19 50 AM (resized).jpgPhoto Dec 25, 6 19 52 AM (resized).jpgPhoto Dec 25, 6 19 52 AM (resized).jpgPhoto Dec 25, 6 19 56 AM (resized).jpgPhoto Dec 25, 6 19 56 AM (resized).jpg
#7659 3 years ago

Hello, So glad I found this forum. Brand new owner of a MBr SE. It arrived on the 24th. Incredibly fun... Plays great!

#7660 3 years ago

Anyone have any ideas, new machine (3 days old) played a lot last 3 days. The left kicker stopped working. I looked at wiring and everything is connected. When I toggled through the tests I can see the right listed but no left for switch test. I was able to test the solenoid and that does kick. Any ideas what would stop the switches from functioning? Should they show in the switch test list? I have rebooted the machine, no help. I did also find two bolts that feel out when I lifted the play field, one from Frankenstein and one from the launch solenoid. Do you all put loctite on these if they back out? I had some trouble with the down switch on the Frank table after I snugged it so I loosened the three bolts I tightened and let is settle, then snugged again. Thanks in advance! Tom

#7661 3 years ago
Quoted from TJG81296:

Any ideas what would stop the switches from functioning? Should they show in the switch test list?

Tests - Switch Edge - do they register on screen when pushed closed ?

If not check if they are stuck closed, check for broken wire at leaf blade switches, and follow the wiring to be sure their connector is pushed onto board tight.

Quoted from TJG81296:

Do you all put loctite on these if they back out?

Not first time. Might consider Locktite blue if they keep falling out.

LTG : )

#7662 3 years ago

im very interested in buying a remake but I hear the LE’s are all sold out and that version is the only one that comes with the rad topper.

a few q’s....

(1) if i buy the special edition, can i find the topper sold separately?
(2) does the topper actually work with the 2 lower-end MB remakes? like, is this special programming in the topper that makes it only work with the limited edition?
(3) are there any rumors that theyll make more toppers?

thx!

#7663 3 years ago
Quoted from raycasual:

Saw one posted for $1700 a couple weeks ago. Someone removed it, because it didn’t fit in the basement.

#7664 3 years ago
Quoted from raycasual:

im very interested in buying a remake but I hear the LE’s are all sold out and that version is the only one that comes with the rad topper.
a few q’s....
(2) does the topper actually work with the 2 lower-end MB remakes? like, is this special programming in the topper that makes it only work with the limited edition?
thx!

Keep an eye on the markets here. There are LE's up for sale a few a month.

They are not planning on making any more toppers.

#7665 3 years ago

We unboxed the SE Bash last night, and had a few issues out of the gate, one of the rubbers was broken behind Drac and we had the left wire ramp pinching the ball and stopping it. Besides that, everything was working great. I am thankful it was my first NIB purchase. Me, the wife and the kiddo love it, and I am thankful for good friends who came over to share the experience and helped getting it set up.

20201227_202352 (resized).jpg20201227_202352 (resized).jpg
#7666 3 years ago
Quoted from raycasual:

a few q’s....
thx!

The LEs come up for sale all the time, and while I’m sure CGC sold out of them I bet you can find one at a distributor if you make a few calls. Good luck!

#7667 3 years ago
Quoted from raycasual:

a few q’s....

Quoted from gunstarhero:

The LEs come up for sale all the time, and while I’m sure CGC sold out of them I bet you can find one at a distributor if you make a few calls. Good luck!

Call Mike from Automated in Milford CT +1 (203) 877-8911. He may still have an LE. I just got mine from him, delivered. Great guy to deal with.

#7668 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Tests - Switch Edge - do they register on screen when pushed closed ?
If not check if they are stuck closed, check for broken wire at leaf blade switches, and follow the wiring to be sure their connector is pushed onto board tight.

Not first time. Might consider Locktite blue if they keep falling out.

LTG - thank you. I tried the switch edge test the left doesn’t show up. I’ll check the switches again and the wiring. I reached out to Automated where I got the machine from and the tech is gonna walk me through troubleshooting as well. Thanks so much!

#7669 3 years ago

The wire actuator on the switch that sits behind Frank broke off. I plan on getting a new switch. Has anyone else had to replace this? I'm not particularly skilled at soldering, which is how the wires to the current switch is attached, and was wondering if it is possible to crimp a couple female quick connects to the wire instead. Would that work or do I need to go with the soldering approach?

switch assembly (resized).JPGswitch assembly (resized).JPG
#7670 3 years ago
Quoted from mostater:

I'm not particularly skilled at soldering,

Practice at a work bench or table. Use scrap wire and solder. Youtube is littered with short how to videos. You can teach yourself in minutes how to heat a joint and let the solder flow into it.

Or get the new switch. And swap the arm from the new switch onto the one currently in the game.

#7671 3 years ago

As LTG said, you don't even have to be good at it. It is not hard at all for what you are doing.

#7672 3 years ago
Quoted from Froytheorc:

We unboxed the SE Bash last night, and had a few issues out of the gate, one of the rubbers was broken behind Drac and we had the left wire ramp pinching the ball and stopping it. Besides that, everything was working great. I am thankful it was my first NIB purchase. Me, the wife and the kiddo love it, and I am thankful for good friends who came over to share the experience and helped getting it set up.[quoted image]

Congrats!! MB was my first NIB purchase also. Then bought Black Knight NIB, then a demo Stranger Things.

ADB85879-6E60-4102-8FDB-F29A63412722 (resized).jpegADB85879-6E60-4102-8FDB-F29A63412722 (resized).jpeg
#7673 3 years ago

Broke my first part on my MB today. Strong start for 2021.

8947029A-AEF5-4820-976C-60AC227EA4AF (resized).jpeg8947029A-AEF5-4820-976C-60AC227EA4AF (resized).jpeg
#7674 3 years ago

It's not broken. Get some rubber cement and put a drop on each peg. I had one that came off too. There's not much holding them on.

#7675 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

It's not broken. Get some rubber cement and put a drop on each peg. I had one that came off too. There's not much holding them on.

Ditto... air balls from franks feet are notorious for hitting this flasher... I picked up two spares but gluing it is the easiest repair. Replacing it with a spare was/is, um, more involved.

#7676 3 years ago

Good morning, I am looking at a Monster Bash Remake LTD today. Any common issues with this game (playfield, etc.) or other things I should check? It has under 200 plays. Thanks for your help!

#7677 3 years ago
Quoted from CaptainRedEye:

Broke my first part on my MB today. Strong start for 2021.
[quoted image]

Happens on many many MBs out there. Upgrade to the MezelMods tesla coil flashers!

#7678 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Good morning, I am looking at a Monster Bash Remake LTD today. Any common issues with this game (playfield, etc.) or other things I should check? It has under 200 plays. Thanks for your help!

Provided you haven’t already seen it, not really. The CGC remakes are well made and MB is generally a reliable game, despite the complexity of the Frank and Drac mechs.

#7679 3 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Provided you haven’t already seen it, not really. The CGC remakes are well made and MB is generally a reliable game, despite the complexity of the Frank and Drac mechs.

Thanks, yes I did end up getting it. Only 180 plays so pretty mint as made in March 2019. Thanks for the confirmation.

#7680 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Thanks, yes I did end up getting it. Only 180 plays so pretty mint as made in March 2019. Thanks for the confirmation.

Congratulations!

#7681 3 years ago

Two new issues with my Monster Bash SE:

1. The left trough bumper keeps triggering and going off without a pinball even near it... constantly throughout the game. If I hit the left flipper I can make that bumper go off sometimes as well. This was not an issue until now. Any ideas or should I open up a ticket?

2. The ball often doesn't sit properly on the plunger so it often comes back down the shooting lane. Looks like the plunger strength is not the issue, but rather how the pinball sits on the plunger after being ejected from the trough.

#7682 3 years ago
Quoted from SwissMTNAlien:

1. The left trough bumper keeps triggering and going off without a pinball even near it... constantly throughout the game. If I hit the left flipper I can make that bumper go off sometimes as well. This was not an issue until now. Any ideas or should I open up a ticket?

The left slingshot kicker ? If so -

Turn the game off. Remove the plastic over the sling shot kicker and leaf blade switches. Pull on the rubber ring around the posts, so you have equal pressure on all sides, not tight on the kicker/leaf blade switch side. The leaf blade switches - front long one should be resting on the rubber ring, not pushing it or away from it. Shorter rear one should be close enough so the slightest ball hit triggers it, yet vibration doesn't. There are two leaf blade switches, one each side of the kicker. At least one needs a little adjusting. When bending forward or backward, get as close to the fiberboard spacers as you can.

Quoted from SwissMTNAlien:

2. The ball often doesn't sit properly on the plunger so it often comes back down the shooting lane. Looks like the plunger strength is not the issue, but rather how the pinball sits on the plunger after being ejected from the trough.

If it's hanging up on the switch in front of the plunger, adjust it so it doesn't effect the plunger but still works when a ball rolls on it ? Or the plunger isn't hitting the center of the ball ? If loosen the screws holding the bracket/coil/plunger and aim the plunger better and retighten the screws.

#7683 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

If it's hanging up on the switch in front of the plunger, adjust it so it doesn't effect the plunger but still works when a ball rolls on it ? Or the plunger isn't hitting the center of the ball ? If loosen the screws holding the bracket/coil/plunger and aim the plunger better and retighten the screws.

I have this same problem, and will attempt this fix soon. If you have a picture or more details for this, I would appreciate it.

#7684 3 years ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

more details for this,

Look at it. Roll a ball down the shooter lane to the auto plunger. Does it stop on the plunger ? Good - switch is okay.

Does the plunger look like it will hit the center of the ball when activated ? If not. Lift playfield up and pull out and rest on the front of the cabinet so you can ascertain what needs to be loosened to turn the bracket where it needs to go. Only a few screws hold it.

#7685 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Look at it. Roll a ball down the shooter lane to the auto plunger. Does it stop on the plunger ? Good - switch is okay.
Does the plunger look like it will hit the center of the ball when activated ? If not. Lift playfield up and pull out and rest on the front of the cabinet so you can ascertain what needs to be loosened to turn the bracket where it needs to go. Only a few screws hold it.

No, the problem I have is with the loading of the ball INTO the launcher. The ball fails to reliably make it into the shooter lane from the trough below. I suspect that the ball is not sitting in the trough properly and/or it is not being kicked "cleanly" by the up-kicker.

It's hard to tell what is really happening, as you can't really see it with the playfield down in place, and you obviously can't try it with the playfield up.

Sometimes it loads correctly on the first try, sometimes it will take several attempts. I have tried adjusting the coil strength each direction, but that does not seem to help.

#7686 3 years ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

No, the problem I have is with the loading of the ball INTO the launcher. The ball fails to reliably make it into the shooter lane from the trough below. I suspect that the ball is not sitting in the trough properly and/or it is not being kicked "cleanly" by the up-kicker.

It's hard to tell what is really happening, as you can't really see it with the playfield down in place, and you obviously can't try it with the playfield up.

Sometimes it loads correctly on the first try, sometimes it will take several attempts. I have tried adjusting the coil strength each direction, but that does not seem to help.

Easy fix. The ball shoots up and hits the deflector that should send it to the shooter lane but instead goes back down.

Problem can occur on any game using a Williams style ball trough. JJP uses it, AP uses it, CGC uses it, etc.

Though this features a WOZ, it's the same fix - http://www.pinplay.com/5/adjusting_the_ball_trough_on_woz.html

Bend the deflector out a tiny bit. And you may still need to play with the strength. Weaker or stronger.

#7687 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Easy fix. The ball shoots up and hits the deflector that should send it to the shooter lane but instead goes back down.
Problem can occur on any game using a Williams style ball trough. JJP uses it, AP uses it, CGC uses it, etc.
Though this features a WOZ, it's the same fix - http://www.pinplay.com/5/adjusting_the_ball_trough_on_woz.html
Bend the deflector out a tiny bit. And you may still need to play with the strength. Weaker or stronger.

Unfortunately, I have already tried that, and it didn't help.

When it mis-fires, it doesn't appear that the ball is even getting to the deflector, it just sort of bangs around down below somewhere (though it is hard to tell exactly what it is doing). This is why I believe that the ball is not sitting in the trough correctly (or maybe the kicker is hitting the ball off-center).

Maybe I will try to get a video of it. Unfortunately, it seems that every time I try to really examine the problem, it stops happening. Very frustrating.

#7688 3 years ago

Question: When you shoot the right ramp (Lady Frankenstein) with enough velocity do you find the wire rails catch the ball and stop, then it comes back? I am wondering if this is normal or if the wire rails are spreading and snagging the ball. Do you feel an adjustment is needed or is this normal? It needs to be a clean shot right up the ramp and it will get caught up and stop. most shots get by just fine. If the wire rails require adjustment, how best to accomplish? Thanks in advance! LTD - I am still working on that left kicker and will report back once the troubleshooting is complete!

#7689 3 years ago

Yes, several of us have had that issue. I solved mine by doing two things.

1) bending the top part of the wire frame up, carefully, just a little.
2) adding a couple of washers to the screws where the plastic piece that covers the top of the ramp attaches to the front of the ramp. This has the effects of raising the plastic just a bit (often it is actually the plastic that is doing the shot "rejection").

Look around post 6821 in this thread and there is some detailed discussion of this.

#7690 3 years ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

Unfortunately, I have already tried that, and it didn't help.

Coil loose ? Plunger tip worn or broke ? And the whole plunger/coil/bracket is fastened to the bracket on the end of the ball trough by four screws which make it adjustable up or down. Don't go too far either way. To high and balls can't roll into position, too low and you don't get a good kick. You might play with that.

#7691 3 years ago
Quoted from ChiroCop:

[quoted image]

I want this!

#7692 3 years ago

Does anyone do a decal for the backbox? Thanks.

#7693 3 years ago

I have thought about this too, it’s a pretty cool game room item that you can mount on the wall or floor. About $120 on Amazon

1 week later
#7694 3 years ago

Is CGC still making MBR or any of their remakes or were they all pre-sale? Can you still get one new?

#7695 3 years ago
Quoted from Purdue:

Can you still get one new?

Check with distributors to see if any have one in stock.

#7696 3 years ago
Quoted from Purdue:

Is CGC still making MBR or any of their remakes or were they all pre-sale? Can you still get one new?

I'm pretty sure that AFMr is still available from distributors. I'm not sure about MBr, but I think some of those are still out there, too.

#7697 3 years ago
Quoted from Purdue:

MB SE is still available for sure but prices seem inflated from distributors as not many left. I bought one of the last classics available and i think mike at automated still has one or two classics left. pretty sure the LEs are gone.

#7698 3 years ago
Quoted from Purdue:

There some NIB on this site. MBr specials are showing stock, two companies have them listed, I guess call them First to make sure but they say in stock

#7699 3 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Congrats!! MB was my first NIB purchase also. Then bought Black Knight NIB, then a demo Stranger Things.
[quoted image]

Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

[quoted image]

We have a MBr LE and planning to get a new pin this year. Have had brief play on Black Knight ("brief" describes most of my games), but my son likes BK a lot. Since you have both, would you mind saying what you like or don't like about BK vs MB? Which do you find yourself playing more. Thanks.

#7700 3 years ago
Quoted from Purdue:

I just noticed a month or two ago this page exists: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/new-games

Super helpful, all on one page, lots of sources and prices!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 33.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
12,125 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
St. Paul, MN
$ 12.95
Machine - For Sale
Shepherdsville, KY
£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 9,330 posts in this topic. You are on page 154 of 187.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monster-bash-remake-mbr-owners-club/page/154?hl=jakethesnake181 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.